• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Age of Wonderbeasts (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
It's just occurred to me that, according to owl anatomy, Jet's eyes are too fuckin' big to move in his sockets so he absolutely has to do the headbob.

My day just got a little brighter trying to imagine that

Semblance Semblance Also, I'm curious as to what you thought of my introduction of the Monarcho Mongoosen.
I feel like I got a good look into Kirri-Girri's typical day and personality! I'm interested to see the kind of dynamic that forms between her, Ardyn, and the other characters. She seems to confront challenges and new things pretty head-on, which is something my character will appreciate.

Also sorry Ardyn is trying to punch her- it was a complete gut reaction and not supposed to be hostile at all, although I'm not sure if Kirri is going to take it that way 😅

Last edited:
It's just occurred to me that, according to owl anatomy, Jet's eyes are too fuckin' big to move in his sockets so he absolutely has to do the headbob.

My day just got a little brighter trying to imagine that
Hahaha that's hilarious. Btw I'm updating the characters list with their species- Your character sheet says that Jet is a fish owl, but would you say he's more of an owl in appearance?

Also, CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Kirri-Girri is a mongoose, right?

And I know that Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 is a komodo dragon from your CS, but correct me if I'm wrong

Hahaha that's hilarious. Btw I'm updating the characters list with their species- Your character sheet says that Jet is a fish owl, but would you say he's more of an owl in appearance?

Lol, yes. He is a fish-owl, though I've slimmed down the feathers on his ref because I imagine the mutagen would have shaved off some characteristics (Lookin' at you, TimberCats. there's now way in HELL your fingers can support the structure cat's claws have to retract them!)

Also Fish Owls look like this, so his overall structure's pretty owl-like, lmao

1611029210109.png

And, of course, I based his coloration after this fucker because—lookatit

1611029350877.png

Feathers dark enough that cameras can't really focus on them well and disruptive blue stripes that make it hard to tell what the fuck you're staring at.

OMG I feel so dumb... when you put Fish Owl on your CS, I thought it was a half fish / half owl hybrid hahaha wow. Of course it's a type of owl that makes way more sense

OMG I feel so dumb... when you put Fish Owl on your CS, I thought it was a half fish / half owl hybrid hahaha wow. Of course it's a type of owl that makes way more sense

W H E E Z E

xD

I didn't know hybrids were a thing, lmao.

They're decently cold-climate birds, so I figured that validated my need to have Jet have a disgusting amount of downy feathers XD

W H E E Z E

xD

I didn't know hybrids were a thing, lmao.

They're decently cold-climate birds, so I figured that validated my need to have Jet have a disgusting amount of downy feathers XD
I didn't either man but I was totally willing to allow it haha

But yes, I love the colors of the second bird you posted- this is random but I've definitely see videos of their mating dance on the internet before. You should check it out.

I didn't either man but I was totally willing to allow it haha

But yes, I love the colors of the second bird you posted- this is random but I've definitely see videos of their mating dance on the internet before. You should check it out.

...Those videos were another reason I chose it XDDDD

Because if anyone asked, he'd be mortified

"I—wh—no. No. I don't do that."

Very pointedly leaving out the fact that the only dance he knows how to do is poledance (on account of his wings and tail; it's really hard to do anything else when you have to worry about snapping a feather and possibly bleeding out on the floor)

Prediction: Flame's sass is going to get them punched in the face, eventually.
It's okay, Ardyn literally just tried to punch the scary mongoose....

I'm starting to think Ardyn and Flame are absolutely not a good mix in any life or death situation

It's okay, Ardyn literally just tried to punch the scary mongoose....

I'm starting to think Ardyn and Flame are absolutely not a good mix in any life or death situation

No.

Nope.

They are not xD

Flame's immediate reaction is to roast the freaky thing and Adryn's seems to be to slap it XD

Mute!Jet Take 2.png

A bit of a more refined ref with a few concept sketches

In case you can't read the writing:

By the beak:

"Weirdass tongue because I say so!"

Under the talon-shots:

"How does this M.F. WRITE?"

The red stuff:

"Grey along his face/neck are scars"

Questions are appreciated because my sketches are messy AF xD

Hahaha I 1000% expect that

Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin I feel like Jonathan is caught in a loop of constant confusion and questioning

I mean, his entire life was spent being taught certain things. Like how the air on the surface will cause his face to melt off. How certain animals are meant to walk on four legs, and that they can't speak their language.

So waking up to find that he isn't dying a painful death, animals are not only standing on their own two feet but are the same size if not larger than he is, and that they can all speak the same language, I think it's understandable that he has questions.

It'd be like if you got thrown overboard in the middle of the sea, woke up to find that you're breathing perfectly fine underwater, and that a friendly family of reverse mermaids has taken you in. Really, really confusing

I mean, his entire life was spent being taught certain things. Like how the air on the surface will cause his face to melt off. How certain animals are meant to walk on four legs, and that they can't speak their language.

So waking up to find that he isn't dying a painful death, animals are not only standing on their own two feet but are the same size if not larger than he is, and that they can all speak the same language, I think it's understandable that he has questions.

It'd be like if you got thrown overboard in the middle of the sea, woke up to find that you're breathing perfectly fine underwater, and that a friendly family of reverse mermaids has taken you in. Really, really confusing
No forsure!! I completely get why he's super confused- Ardyn is too. Maybe it was the way you wrote your post, but there's a funny contrast between Flame's sarcastic reaction, Ardyn's violent reaction, and Jonathan's questioning reaction. All very different responses to the same event

At this point, I think it'd be more productive for him to believe he's on a bad trip XD

Flame's just...

"Think later defend now."

ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon Hey, we should discuss our characters. Does Jett know anything about the Monarcho Mongoosen? Do they have an understanding/have they ever interacted? We need to discuss things like that.

Also, throwing a punch at a Grand Sentinel Mongoose and then brandishing rebar as a weapon toward them is not a good way to make friends XD

Hey, we should discuss our characters. Does Jett know anything about the Monarcho Mongoosen? Do they have an understanding/have they ever interacted? We need to discuss things like that.

Mhhh... it depends on if the Mongoosen have done anything to attract the attention of the Guild (they may as well be a well-meaning mafia at this point, lmao).

Any confrontation with endangered species, any favor requests, etc.

The name "Seraph" is decently known as a healer and a favor-granter, should they be poking around in the grey area of visibility

Mhhh... it depends on if the Mongoosen have done anything to attract the attention of the Guild (they may as well be a well-meaning mafia at this point, lmao).

Any confrontation with endangered species, any favor requests, etc.

The name "Seraph" is decently known as a healer and a favor-granter, should they be poking around in the grey area of visibility
The motto of the Monarcho Mongoosen is "Run and Find Out!" They're a very curious species that also has a pledged purpose of beating down bullies, wherever they may be. If a Mongoose saw a squirrel being attacked by a snake, for example. The Mongoose wouldn't necessarily protect the squirrel. Rather, they'd attack the snake. That's an important distinction when discussing the mindset and focus of the Mongoosen. Is the guild a bully? Do they take advantage of the weak? If not, then the Monarcho Mongoosen probably don't have a reason to dislike the guild on a systematic level. Being curious, they may have interacted before.

The motto of the Monarcho Mongoosen is "Run and Find Out!" They're a very curious species that also has a pledged purpose of beating down bullies, wherever they may be. If a Mongoose saw a squirrel being attacked by a snake, for example. The Mongoose wouldn't necessarily protect the squirrel. Rather, they'd attack the snake. That's an important distinction when discussing the mindset and focus of the Mongoosen. Is the guild a bully? Do they take advantage of the weak? If not, then the Monarcho Mongoosen probably don't have a reason to dislike the guild on a systematic level. Being curious, they may have interacted before.

Generally, the guild holds a similar mindset... only "Protect the weak because this world is falling apart at the seams and everyone's heads are too far up their own asses to notice" Individual members may be a bit rude and kinda mean (Lookin' at you, Alabaster)

If they're that curious then they've probably met Garnet (Small bat with blood red eyes and silver fur) Platinum (Garnet's son who actually has blue eyes) and Jet (you know who that is) being the "leader", "Human" resources, and the healer respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back