• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Age of Wonderbeasts (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
hahahahaha "FACES! DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING FOR FACES? ANYTHING TO BREAK A HUMAN SKULL?"

"......"

"THIS IS JUST FOR MONGOOSE PESTS!"

W h E E z E

"COULD YOU STACK THEM INTO A DROP-ABLE BRICK?"

"Wh—"

"WHAT IF YOU SLAPPED SOMEONE WITH IT?"

ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon Do you mind explaining exactly what happened with Flame there? I didn't see anything mentioned in his character sheet about his sight or sensitivity to touch. Just a little confused why his vision was impacted so much and the very strong reaction to touch

ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon Do you mind explaining exactly what happened with Flame there? I didn't see anything mentioned in his character sheet about his sight or sensitivity to touch. Just a little confused why his vision was impacted so much and the very strong reaction to touch

(They/them)

Oop!

Did I not include that? Sorry, lol

For one, Flame has lived and grown up in a cave, which is the leading reason. I'm pulling directly from my own experience with coming from my night-pitch-black bedroom to a Southern Midday, which can be summed up by "OW FUCK, MY GODSDAMNED EYES"

The rest of it is explained by their aversion to light in general, which, apparently, scatterbrained me forgot to include, so sorry about that ^^;

They don't like being touched. They're touch-starved and it feels weird to have people touch them, now, so they just...

D o n t.

Normally, their clothes cover up most of their body, so they haven't had an issue... buuuuut... well, I'm assuming they no longer have their climbing gloves.

(They/them)

Oop!

For one, Flame has lived and grown up in a cave, which is the leading reason. I'm pulling directly from my own experience with coming from my night-pitch-black bedroom to a Southern Midday, which can be summed up by "OW FUCK, MY GODSDAMNED EYES"

The rest of it is explained by their aversion to light in general, which, apparently, scatterbrained me forgot to include, so sorry about that ^^;

They don't like being touched. They're touch-starved and it feels weird to have people touch them, now, so they just...

D o n t.

Normally, their clothes cover up most of their body, so they haven't had an issue... buuuuut... well, I'm assuming they no longer have their climbing gloves.

Continuing on with this thought

Edits have been made to the reference sheets!

Don't be surprised if I continue to edit them, because honestly, my memory is a dumpsterfire.

Jet's like... allergic to social confrontation, lmao.

And he doesn't understand the concept of territorialism, since the Guild moves around so much
Well Mongoosen aren't super big or strong. They aren't really long-distance runners. They can't lift off and fly away like Jet can. They have a few things in their favor that allow them to stand up against the toughest species. Their quickness, their intelligence, and their community. Mongoosen succeed because they are meticulous. Their home is a stronghold.

Well Mongoosen aren't super big or strong. They aren't really long-distance runners. They can't lift off and fly away like Jet can. They have a few things in their favor that allow them to stand up against the toughest species. Their quickness, their intelligence, and their community. Mongoosen succeed because they are meticulous. Their home is a stronghold.

Logically, he knows that, but like....

The whole "this is my HOME, I'm not leaving it" feeling is completely foreign to him xD

(They/them)

Oop!

D o n t.

Ooo got it! So when I had envisioned their burrow, I always thought there was light. Like they figured out electricity underground somehow and all the hallways and rooms were lit up. But even then I guess the sun would be way brighter

Is there a specific reason under than being raised in a burrow that he has an aversion to light?

The touch thing I understand

Ooo got it! So when I had envisioned their burrow, I always thought there was light. Like they figured out electricity underground somehow and all the hallways and rooms were lit up. But even then I guess the sun would be way brighter

Is there a specific reason under than being raised in a burrow that he has an aversion to light?

The touch thing I understand

Eh, they just have a general aversion to it. Light to them means noise, activity, and being forced to pay attention to things that they found painfully boring (The lights from burrow houses and schools), so they got really used to hiding in darker and less friendly areas of the burrow (not dangerous, per ce, just more difficult to get to). Thus, their eyes got very used to the dark and making use of what little light they got.

Now, the burrows are still a bit uncomfortably bright (not painfully, they'd just prefer not to be there) as it was, so being exposed to the surface is like tossing a desert wanderer into icewater.

Tl;dr: Flame is a gremlin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back