Age of Exploration

"Haha." Milano chuckled. "It's nice to know Mothers are appreciated somewhere. Most of the time I just get Button's whining."

She smiled, heading back towards the door. "Well, as far as that goes, I'm happy to have met you sir. Maybe we'll run into each other soon." Milano found it funny that such a stranger could have such odd customs. Still, she supposed it was out of the kindness of his heart and that wasn't unheard of.

Milano always found it funny when a stranger tried to use somepony. It was more or less just a thing ponies said to each other. A form of slang that had developed in pony culture. Yet, she respected the stranger's kindness and decided to be on her way.

@Metal Angel

Last edited by a moderator:
@GhastlySquash

"Button Mash?", he thought to himself when Mrs. Mash mentioned the antics of her son at home.  It wouldn't take a genius you figure out the meaning behind a name like that.  Still, the mystery behind how ponies name their foals for the nature of their personas is still one of the wonders of this world that can never be solved.  "He sounds like a funny kid.", he shrugs off his thought with another just so he doesn't get another headache like last time.

"Maybe...", he replied back as Mrs. Mash.  "And thanks again.  You stay dry!", he calls back walking to the inn and waves Mrs. Mash a good evening.  Cassian pushes through the double door, making them cream an echo through interior of the building.  Inside was a sight anyone with game experience would dream of.  The sight was something seen in a fable story or an RPG. Not only was this place an in, but also a tavern as well.  Lit with dim lanterns and large hardwoods table and stools.  The best part were the trophies and decor on the walls.  It has been a while since he beheld a sight, which gave the atmosphere a warm homey feel for him.  Cassian noticed as he walked over to the bar were that there were slightly few suspicious glares from the patrons than the ones outside.  Apparently even the brightest of places can cast dark shadows.  And this place must have seen better days.  Yet it didn't bother the shrouded biped much.  Nothing he wasn't already used to.

He sat over on one of the stool and sets his large back pack with his how, arrow quiver, and the long bandaged object down next to him.  The sound of the loud thud from the weight of that pack and gear caught a few more gazes from the patrons in the tavern.  Some wondered what he was carrying and how he hasn't needed spinal surgery yet.  Other wondered more about what he was carrying.

@Dreamweaver

Gunnolf let out a quiet sigh of content, settling down under the shade of a large overhanging tree in the Castle of the Two Sisters' gardens. He spent most of his time here these days ever since Luna had brought him back from the Everfree Forest. Unfortunately, that also meant he was terribly bored for most of the time, and that the days seemed to just drag on. It wasn't that entertaining, and though there was no humor or amusement or anything relatively 'fun' in the Everfree Forest, at least he had SOMETHING to do most of the time. Now, he just laid around and was probably going to start building up fat by this point due to the lack of any decent exercise.

At least he was now, disregarding the occasional dirty looks he got from those ponies clad in golden armor. He didn't really pay them much mind, it wasn't something that was worth focusing on. He just stared around at the large expanses of greenery that were the gardens, his sharp eyes catching all the little bits of detail. The way the grass swayed, how the light reflected, the little dew drops from the small showers of rain that occurred recently (which left him irritably wet, he was too shy to ask anybody to help him dry), and the exotic array of colors that permeated the different shrubbery, flowers, and flora.

Eventually, he decided to just get up and wandered through it until he eventually entered the castle itself. His fur was still wet, being thick and having a lot of it meant that he took forever to dry off. This left him feeling cold and a bit snappy. He just groaned and decided to visit Luna, making his way through the many corridors until he ended up at her door. He pawed at it, which really sounded like somebody was banging on her door very hard rudely.

"Luna, are you there?" He asked, wondering if his telekinetic voice could even get through the likely magic that surrounded her room.

@Deathrattle BB

Gunnolf's telekinesis is actually picked up even more easily here. Luna's room was warded in a way that telekinesis was not only allowed, but actually enhanced. And it all went back to the lunar goddess. Any intelligent would-be assassins would keep their voices quiet, which may mean they would be speaking telepathically. Luna made sure that any telekinetic messages in her vicinity would be open to her, no matter what. It didn't really matter if they tried to block her out... She'd hear them. 

When he pawed at the door, he'd feel a very strong magical presence there. It wasn't hostile, but it was certainly a warning sign. It would send a chill through him. Beside the door hung a sign which simply said, 'Probably not a good idea to barge in.'

A blue magical glow enveloped the door and several runes showed themselves... Several dozen, actually. One by one they flashed and then disappeared, and a moment later the door swung open to reveal Luna there with an arched eyebrow. "... Didn't I tell you not to come into the royal quarters? You can ask a guard to come get me. What is going on?"

@Dreamweaver

Gunnolf blinked. These ponies had the weirdest doors that he had ever seen, and whatever that sign had sign was illegible to him. Wolves can't read, much less know that he was not supposed to bang on the door, even if he couldn't exactly help it. When Luna had opened the door and gave him that clear reminder about the rules, he blinked. He was already screwing up, what a nice day.

"Sorry. I completely forgot that I wasn't supposed to be here." He confessed, now actually slightly embarrassed. He started backing away back down the hallway slowly. "I, um, nothing is going on. Just... me being stupid. Sorry."

@Deathrattle BB

Luna frowned slightly and stepped out into the hallway, closing the door behind her. The runes on the door automatically flashed to life again. "You're not being stupid, you just don't know any better. You're only a wolf. An intelligent wolf, but you haven't exactly adjusted to society. You just need help adjusting is all." She says with a little smile. "By the way, don't touch my door like that. The first time you'll get the tingling feeling you probably noticed. The second time you'll get a painful shock which would paralyze a fully grown stallion, though for you it'd probably just hurt. The third time you'll get a shock that would kill several full grown stallions. If you push too hard then  you'll end up leveling this wing of the castle."

She shrugs a bit. 

@Dreamweaver

Tingling? He looked down at his paw, his ears lifting slightly and he cocked his head to the left slightly. That was the normal perplexed look for animals like him, responding to something strange like that with a somewhat amusing look of their own. He hadn't really felt much of anything from the door, not really noticing the tingling sensation that he was supposed to have apparently felt. He would still take her advice. He didn't really want to deal with getting electrocuted.

"Regardless, I still only came over here for a dumb reason. The worst part is that I don't even remember what it was." He replied, obviously looking like he was remarking about himself more negatively than he was saying. He looked down at his fur, still wet and matted. He noticed his own behavior was odd, though. He'd never cared about what ponies thought of him before or their reactions, why did he now? Stupid.

"I'm new,here as well. There's a hotel near by i do believe.  I'm heading there now if you want to join me?" Dream Catcher said with a friendly smile  

@JessBeth

"Sure...." Bluegrass smiles as well. Using her magic to carry her luggages as she slowly walk. Its going to be hard for her not to cause her leg get stain. "I'm sorry....."

@Acethekidd

Sitting in the bar of the Broken Blade, the shrouded Dragon stares into space in deep thought.  "Can I help you stanger?", a voice said, snapping Cassian out of his thoughts.  Coming back to reality, the young dragon notices the bartender in front of him.

"Oh yeah, how much for a room?", replied Cassian with his first question.

The bartender begins cleaning a mug with a cloth, "ten bits a night for a one bedroom"

Cassian reaches into his pooch and pours out what he has into his claw.  "Hm. Getting low on bits.", he thought to himself as he places the required amount on the table.  The bartender slides of coins off the table and smiles at his new patreon.  

"Can I get you anything else?", asked the bartender.  Waiting for his mysterious new customers answer, he goes over to a rack of keys and unhooks one for him.  

"Oh no thank you I-...GROOOOOWL O.o  ", Cass was interrupted by a loud growl in his gut that made quite a few flinches from the other patreons.  Embarrassed, the poor dragon slightly sunk his head a little with a sheepish smile under his scarf.

The bartender made a haughty chuckle at the sight.  "Honey!  One Rainy Day Special for the new guy", he call out.

"Coming up, dear!", calls back another voice.

With that, the bartender put a big mug out for Cassian and begins pouring a golden sweet smelling liquid. Cassian was about to decline the off but was interrupted by the bartender.  "Meal is half- off and the drink is on the house", he smirks as he points to the sign on the menu saying,'Newcomer discount'.

Cassian was surprised at this.  Such courtesy for being new.  He then has his drink slide over to them.  "There you go kid.  One of ponyville's number one beverages.  Straight from Sweet Apple Acres".

@Cyan Hide

Another boring day of bodyguard duty. While Aurelia didn't so much mind the act of being a bodyguard, or who she was being a bodyguard for, it was still a rather tiring ordeal. She missed being out on missions, and even missed her time spent patrolling Canterlot at night when there were no missions to go on. Her routine now was simply get up, protect a hippogriff, and then finish the day and go to bed. All of her work was now done under the sunlight and she missed being out at night. Being awake in the daytime felt unnatural for her.

She decided to go to the guard barracks for food this time around. The Princesses made sure that the guards always had free food whenever they needed it, and the chefs there made exquisite cuisine. As Luna told all initiates, laying your life on the line for your country earns you a number of benefits, and free food is one of them. She wanted her military to be as comfortable as possible.

After grabbing a burger, fries and a cup of blood, she went to get a seat... Away from everyone else. The number of Lunar and Solar Guards like herself was incredibly small compared to the rest of the Royal Guard, making up around 5% of the military's might. And among those numbers, bat ponies were even more rare... even within the Lunar Guard. They were a rare and not well-loved race due to the stories that surrounded them. 

Most ponies couldn't stomach the fact that she drank blood, so Aurelia once again found herself eating alone in the corner, though being the only bat pony in the room brought stares her way regardless.

@Dreamweaver

Arcus Tempest had finished several circuits of today's assigned patrol route, and now had an hour or so free before the next shift changeover. After that was training and then laps around the barracks until lights out. They weren't part of her job. That was her hobby. She couldn't sleep until she exhausted herself, and years of this athletic training regime meant it was becoming more and more effort to actually fully exhaust herself.

She entered the mess hall. Sometimes Arcus' shifts alinged so that she could get lunch and dinner at one of the many cafes she requents, but today wasn't one of those days. After grabbing her meal of split pea soup on rice and a strawberry milkshake, she looked around for a seat. The lone bat pony immediately caught her eye. It wasn't every day you saw one, even among the smattering of Lunar Guard present in the mess hall. Arcus decided to go over and sit beside her, smiling.

"What's up? My name's Arcus Tempest. What's yours?"

@Cyan Hide

Aurelia looks over at the pegasus who took a seat beside her, eyes wide. It wasn't everyday that someone actually willingly sat beside her. In fact, she couldn't remember the last time that anyone had done so. After realizing that she probably looked ridiculous, sitting there staring at the pegasus, Aurelia quickly composed herself and cleared her throat. "... My name is Aurelia Nightsong. Lunar Guard. It's... Nice to meet you?" She asks with a hesitant smile.

It was fairly obvious that she didn't do this everyday. Bat ponies had a reputation for being evil, despite the fact that they were just another race of pony in addition to earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns. The fact that a select few of them lived off of blood didn't help their reputation. Nor did the fact that they weren't naturally occurring creatures. It was fairly common knowledge that bat ponies had been created by Nightmare Moon during the Eclipse War, as a way to gain the upperhand in battles. Those bat ponies almost won her the war, giving her a massive advantage during attacks at night, but they hadn't been enough.

Since then, bat pony numbers had steadily declined. Not many of them had been created in the first place, likely no more than 5000 of them, and most had died during the Eclipse War. The survivors hadn't been treated very well. Nowadays, while not outright hated, they were still treated as lesser creatures. Overtime the bat ponies had slowly dwindled down in number, until now there were only a few hundred left. Eventually there'd be none at all. 

@Dreamweaver

Arcus takes a forkful of soupy rice, then swallows it efficiently and without chewing, before speaking with a clear mouth."Nice to meet you too, Aurelia," Arcus chuckles at the shyness of the bat pony. It was endearing. "You don't see many bat ponies around nowadays. I though you'd be more popular." The mare takes a glance around at the other Guards. Some looked relieved that Arcus was there so that they were under no obligation to talk to the bat pony themselves even though they felt a little sorry for her. Others looked at Arcus like she was mad. Some were just outright afraid of their entire general direction. Arcus then glanced at what Aurelia was drinking.

"Then again, maybe you are popular..." Arcus sighed, before taking a larger mouthful of her rice. "As long as you're a guard, you're my kin. remember that. Nobody's alone in the Guard if I have any say in the matter."

@Cyan Hide

"I'm the most popular mare in the room." Aurelia said with a shrug of her shoulders. Not popular in a good way, but she was used to it by now. Aurelia picked up her drink and sipped at it, and was honestly surprised to find that Arcus was still sitting there. "... You can deal with the whole 'blood drinking' thing?" She asks with a raised eyebrow and a tilt of her head. Usually, when someone approached her, they'd immediately be turned away by the blood aspect of her. The fact that Arcus was still sitting there baffled her. 

"... And thank you for those words, but unfortunately not everyone shares your belief. Ponies still view my kind as creations and not living creatures. Until such a time as they start viewing us as another race of pony and not just abominations, this..." She motions around at the ponies in the room, "... Won't change."

@Dreamweaver

Arcus shrugged. "It's really not that different from eating meat in my opinion, but you don't see Griffins treated quite this differently. Maybe they're more accepted because they're a more numerous, often-seen species? I'm not sure what it is.Also, hey. Things aren't going to change in a day, but my ears are always open for you if you you ever want to hag out and chew the cud." Arcus stops as that saying might have confused Aurelia. "Sorry. That just means to chat. Like I said, we're kin now, and I don't ignore family if they have problems or need something."

"So, what have you been up to? I haven't seen you at any stations or on patrol routes. Are you in espionage?"

Cassian just stares at his free beverage for a moment before noticing a large bouquet of dead flowers across on the bar counter.  They looked dried and their colors weathered but he could tell it must have been quite a nice assortment.  The bartender saw the hooded drake raise his eyebrow and looked where he was staring only for his face to drop a little.

"Oh sorry.  I know it's not the best place, but I was suppose to have that ready to be replaced for my wife and I's anniversary.", the middle aged stallion explains as he took the vase over to the sink.  But then the shrouded Dragon wasn't prepared for what he said next.

"The flower mare delivering it just couldn't make it unfortunately.  Ponies say she was galloping all through town, screaming about a Dragon on the edge of town", he said with a tone of irritation.

This made the young dragon flinch,"Ugh!? O.o  ".  He seemed to have forgotten about the poor he unintentionally frightened.

"Honestly, some ponies.  A Dragon.  Really!?  They normally keep to themselves with their hoards as far as I know.  And if one was coming into town, we'd know.  They're not very subtle once they want to start trouble.", explained a patreon.

"Though she was a bit shaken up by something.  Everyone says she already barricaded herself in her home by the time the guards came to check the scene.", said the patreon sitting two chair down from Cassian.  Which made his eye twitch as his claw slowly grabbed his mug of cider.

"You know how overactive the flower mare's can get these.  I hear she was even found in a corner with a fire extinguisher in her hooves.  Damn filly must have been on some pretty bad magic grass", the next patreon in a group put in his two bit with a chuckle from his friends.

Cassian could help but swallow a light lump his throat, thinking about what happened to that poor mare after he encountered her.

".....oops",he whispered under his breathe and facepalmed.  He never thought he's up stirring up that much of a ruckus already.  It's seems it was a good idea to keep a low profile after all.

@Cyan Hide

"You're really all over the whole 'team' mentality, aren't you?" Aurelia asks rhetorically with a little chuckle. Truth be told, this was completely different from how she was normally treated, and it was refreshing. "I will keep that in mind, Arcus. Always nice to have a friend or two." She takes a bite of her burger and looks back at Arcus when she asked about her work. "I used to work in sabotage and reconnaissance. After I had a little accident, I was put onto regular guard duty working night shifts. After another little accident, I was suspended. I just recently started back up again and have been put on bodyguard duty for a scientist and her team. Interesting stuff, so far. Something about making our trains more efficient so that we don't have to burn coal."

@Dreamweaver

"Well, of course! Guarding, at least what I'm usually involved in, is usually in pairs or groups, but even if you're alone, protecting the city's a team effort and we're all playing our part." Arcus had been taking and immediately swallowing forkfuls of rice in between every sentence and had almost finished the bowl, though she hadn't even touched her milkshake yet. "If you don't mind me asking, how do you get taken off night guarding? That sounds like a story.Though, so does working for a scientist. I've never taken an interest in science but always found it an interesting thing to observe from afar. Besides, I never was the best at at school."

"Hey, you alright there son?", the bartender suddenly asked Cassian.

The shrouded Dragon flinches, snapping out of his thought and into a more nervous demeanor.  He sat up straight up straight and studders, "Y-Yeah, I'm fine.  Eh he he. ^^' ".  He laughes nervously as he quickly grips his mug, brings it under his scarf, and chugs down the cider in one full.  Surprisingly, it tasted very sweet and refreshing.  That is untill the back of his throat was hit with a burning sensation.

"Whoa kid, slow down!", says the bartender.  But it was too late.

"PFFFFFFFFFFT!!! O.O! ACKK! DX !", Poor Cass suddenly found himself in a loud coughing fit as he wheezes under his breathe.  He pounds his chest and leans his coughing under the table.  His antics didn't go unnoticed by the other patreons as they all began laughing their faces off and smacking their hooves on the hardwood tables.  Not to mention the funny sounds his voice wasmaking caused the mares in the establishment to giggle and some laughed like hyenas.

"Looks like the new guy can't hold his booze", an older stallion retorted.

"He sounds like my cat coughing a hairball!", one mare chuckled.

"More like a broken jukebox!  You okay there?!" Said her friend trying to stifle her laugh.

"Honey I think you might have accidently gave him the 40% cider.  You alright there hun?", the waitress approached, who was apparently his wife and pants her new patreon's broad back.

"Whoops.  Sorry about that kid.  I'll go get you the 5%.", the bartender chuckles after sniffing the alcohol in the mug.

"Forgive him.  My hubby get distracted on what he's doing when talking to customers sometimes", said the waitress as she rubs Cassian's back.

"No prob...hes swell", the young dragon coughs with a higher pitch and drops his head on the table.  Which the mare couldn't help but laugh a little.

"I'll go see if your foods ready, sweetie.", the mare smiles rubbing her hooves on his back one more time before leaving to the kitchen.

"Ooh! >.< I think some went out my nose!", the Dragon thought to himself as held his burning snout with one claw.  "Serious what the hell do they put in that stuff? Acid?  Ugh...at least it tastes good", he concluded his last thought before the bartender puts down another mug.  Lucky for him it's not the first time he had an alcoholic beverage.  Though if Terra were here, she'd have him stringed up by his tail.

@Metal Angel

The smell of death wafted in the air, making all the patrons in the Broken Blade gain a look of disgust, looking around to see where it was coming from. They soon located it to a small, dead looking rabbit that had just entered. It seemed as if a shadow had fallen over the creature; his fur was a dark ashy gray, his eyes were sunken and lifeless, yet he still blinked and they moved normally. He had a few cuts on his body, yet they did not bleed, even if they were obviously deep slices through his flesh. The bunny looked absolutely terrible.

However, he didn't seem to notice at all. The bunny just carried right along, humming some soft tune while he went. Eventually, he stopped and seemed to cast a spell, and the smell disappeared immediately. He also paused in the middle of the Broken Blade, casting his eyes around the room before it landed on one cloaked figure. With a bit of a shrug to himself, he walked up and hopped up onto the table across from him, ignoring his uproarious coughing.

"You alright there?" He asked, sitting on his haunches. "It appears as though you're choking."

@Deathrattle BB

The hooded dragon's cough finally settled down after clearing his lung from any unwanted debris.  He sighed in relief from the uncomfortable feeling as he pays his chest.  Just then, only for a moment, he could have sworn he smelled death in the air.  A smell like that brought back some bad moments of his life, sending a chill up his spine.  He quickly takes a deep breath and shrugs it off as just the alcohol messing with his senses.  Suddenly, he hears a little voice ask is he was okay.  He turns his head over to the owner of the voice.  Only to have more bad memories from his childhood.  Sitting next to him was a sight that made the scales under his coat turn blue.  A strange looking rabbit with sunken eyes, ash grey fur and lacerations all over it's body.

At first he wasn't sure if he was hallucinating from the alcohol or if his leporiphobia was finally coming back with a vengeance.  He looked around to see if anyone else was seeing what he was seeing.  To his shock, it seems the stares he was getting are now direct at his new acquaintance.  Gulping he studders for a moment and finally answers with great confusion in his jade reptilian eyes,"A- Are you talking to me?"

@Metal Angel

The rabbit flicked his ears and looked around the room at seeing the dragon looking. True enough, many ponies or other creatures were staring at him, whether or not shocked by his undead appearance or by the fact that he was a talking rabbit. Whatever the case may be, he didn't really care that much anyways. He was here, he existed, that was all that mattered. So he just turned back to the dragon nonchalantly.

"Yes, I'm talking to you." He answered with a small laugh. "I'm totally talking to the guy over yonder behind me that's so drunk he passed out." He pointed.

Sure enough, there was a stallion there who had gotten drunk enough to pass out. He had also spilled his drink all over the floor, leaving an irritated waiter to gawk and fume internally.

@Deathrattle BB

Cass raised his eyebrow and looked at the scene the undead rabbit was pointing. It definitely helped change the mood since watching drunks were one of his favorite past time entertainment.  He couldn't help but snicker.  "Yeah, i noticed him slurring to himself when I sat down.  I guess it was only a matter of time before he passed out", he chuckles then looks back to the little guy.  He's seen enough strange things to start a casual conversation with a disturbing looking rabbit.  Even though his looks might take some getting used to because of his old childhood fears.

"If you don't me asking.  What exactly are you?", he asked as he rested his chin on his hand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back