Age of Exploration

Avedon Avedon
Silvanus crept through the undergrowth silently, nearly invisible given her brown and green coloring. She watched this creature with fascination, her mind scanning for the proper word before she blurted out, "Satyr!"

She slammed her hoof over her mouth and sighed. That was one way to blow your cover. Rather than trying to hide from the creature, she stepped out from the vineyard and just stared at her. She didn't feel scared of the creature in the slightest... Rather, she felt interested in it and curious. "You's a Satyr, right?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Capra opened an eye. Like her coat it was a beautiful burgundy red but even brighter, shimmering like a grape at its very ripest.
"Actually I'm a bard...but I guess Im one of those too~"
She laughed in a singsong way and sat up stretching, if she was bothered by the little intruder at all she wasn't showing it.

"You's a rather silly one aren't you?~"

Galagus nodded at his reasoning for offering his food. While he gladly would take the food, it just seemed unusual. "My name is Galagus." He rid him. He then took a sip of the soup and smiled. It was quite delicious and if felt good to have a warm meal for once. "Thanks again for the food."
Wylfen Shepard Wylfen Shepard

Avedon Avedon
Silva just waddles right up to her and sits down. "Mom said I can't be near the Everfree, but this seems like a good place and it's not in da Everfree right?" She asks with a tilt of her head. Before the satyr could answer she just nodded and exclaimed, "Yeah, safe! Do you gots any grapes I can eat?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"Not go into the Everfree? Why not it's just a forest. No different there than it is here except there are more trees and cute little animals. If I did everything MY father told me not to...well actually Id be right here instead of being stuck and trapped like the rest of them."

She rolled over onto her stomach laughing
"Hmm...I mostly have grapes you can drink. The new ones on the vines are much too young. I don't think you'd like them very much."

Avedon Avedon
"There's zomponies and behudders in the Everfree. Not just cute squirrels!" Silvanus says with a shake of her head. She looked rather sad at the satyr's answer but just shrugged her shoulders in response. "Ooohhh well, no grapes then. What's your name Ms. Satyr?" She asks with a tilt of her head

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"There's also a magic tree that can turn into animals! I go on walsk there all the time. I'm Capra. Thats not my whole name but its the best part~"
She reached over to softly pinch the little ponies muzzle between two fingers

Latios Latios
"Galagus?", The young drake raised his eyebrow. "Interesting name for a pony. I mean who am I to talk. My name isn't an easy roll off the tongue either. ^^' ", he lightly chuckles and scratches the back of his head. He then looks back at his palm to see all the fire berries gone from his palm.

"No problem. And don't worry about the fire berries. I usually just use them for cooking in the wild.", he explained as he looks back at the Phoenix. " So what's the Hot Shot's name?", he asks with a smirk under his hood as he slowly takes his and gently scratches a little on the fluff of the bird's chest. Even though Phoenixes can be aggressive; like when they are touched, he was willing to risk a bite, a scratch or a burn to see if he earned the firey birds approval.

Avedon Avedon
"I like trees." Silva said with a smile. She reared up on her hind legs and shook her head intensely when the Satyr reached over and grabbed her nose. She stared at the hand and then just gasped in surprise. "What... What ISSAT?!?" She reached out and grabbed Capra's hand with her hooves, and then started bending her fingers forwards and backwards. "Hooves on bottom, fleshy pointers on top..."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
The satyr laughed and winced a bit whenever Silva would push her fingers a little toooo far apart
"Here I thought you knew what a satyr was when you started calling it out...got your nose."
She stuck her finger through a loop and wriggled it about

The bird stood there for a while letting the dragon scratch him, before flying over to Galagus and perching on his head. "His name is Flax. And I'm quite lucky to have him. I'm not sure where I'd be without him." He said as he continued eating.

Avedon Avedon
Silva ignores her comment about not knowing Satyr's and instead is focusing on her hand. She wasn't a dumb child, she knew that wasn't her nose, but the whole concept of a hand intrigued her. "You like... Grabby things without magic! That's awesome. What do you call them?" She asks while pointing at her hands.

Avedon Avedon
"I ain't even 1 year old!" Silva snapped at her, crossing her forelegs in front of herself angrily. She was in full pout mode right now. "I jus' never seen hands..."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"You've never seen a monkey?! Curious George?! The little story about the monkey who was curious about if the man in the yellow hat who kidnapped him from the forest was going to molest him or not? I mean that's a pretty important thing to be curious about. Teaches good lessons." She took a long swig of her wineskin and crossed her fuzzy goat-legs

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Starstreak stuck her tongue out, narrowing her eyes as she messed with the various bits of machinery she was currently working on at the moment. She had a streak of oil smeared across her cheek from when it suddenly blew out of the engine. She grasped different gears and wires, using the nearby tools to shift and manipulate each piece into place perfectly as she planned it. This was a few hours later than she would have liked; some of the parts were not exactly how she had ordered them, and so had to be sent back, remolded, and then brought back to her for inspection once more.

Many other ponies were also tinkering away on smaller bits, or the large engine that she was engineering. The master plan of her blueprints dictated that this thing must be absolutely flawless if it was going to work. Each part and wire had to be in very specific locations otherwise this whole thing could go up in, well... some very hazardous magic that would likely kill everybody within a 50 foot radius. It was likely she would survive the magical backlash, only to die later from overcharge on magic. She was a hippogryph, not a unicorn, her body wasn't made for all of that.

She rolled herself out from underneath the damn thing at the slightest sign of lurching, afraid that it might fall on top of her. She was no good if she died from an accident, not forgetting the flying wrench she narrowly saved Aurelia from before. Sighing, Star hopped back and wiped sweat and oil from her face onto her hand, sitting down and observing the others work on a short break.

Avedon Avedon
"Sounds dumb..." Silvanus said with a shake of her head and a sigh. This goat lady was weird, but at least she wasn't scary. The young alicorn was quiet for a few moments before pointing out at the vast field of vines. "... Is all dis yours?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
There was a large commotion coming from the other room of the facility. If she listened hard enough, Starstreak would be able to hear what sounded like... Sucking up. A moment later Princess Luna walked into the room, followed by an entourage of workers who were more or less just bothering her. 'You're so pretty', 'My pay isn't great', 'It's an honor to have you here' they would say, hoping to charm her just for a quick promotion of some sort.

"SCRAM!" Was her reply. They all did just that and ran away. There was only one reason she was here, and it was't a pony... It was a hippogriff. When she spotted Star, she raised a hoof and beckoned her closer.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Capra looked out over it with pride, her goofiness fading a bit
"Mhm. I saved up money going from village to village until I could afford a home for myself. It was my dream for...well a loooong time A real long time. It only gets better every year."

Avedon Avedon
"That's real nice..." the alicorn says while reaching over to pat Capra's shoulder in a comforting manner. She was smiling a bit, obviously not really understanding Capra's feelings on a deep level but understanding to at least some degree that this was important. "... You should save buckets of grapes for me!"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
The satyr gave a little haughty smirk
"Mhmm? Well tell you what. During summer i have giant buckets of grapes the size of a cairrage. You can have some of those to play in. You get to stomp on them until theyre all squished."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Starstreak sat up when she heard the noise of ponies scrambling over to a place behind her. She turned to look, eyes widening when she saw Princess Luna.

Was she really that tired? Aurelia was gonna throw a fit if she found out that she wasn't getting enough sleep.

Standing up slowly and stretching her legs out, Star walked over to Princess Luna, glaring at the rest of the ponies. "Don't you all have work to do?" When they mumbled some assurances, she growled. It was dark and venomous. "Then get to it! You aren't getting paid to slack!" She yelled. They were frightened from Princess Luna yelling, they went scrambling back to their stations when Star did. The hippogryph shook her head, raising a hand to her forehead.

There was a powerful throbbing in her head. She bowed stiffly to the princess of the night. "Hello and welcome, Princess Luna. I hope they weren't bothering you too much."

Avedon Avedon
"I like stomping on things!" She said with a little giggle, clapping her forehooves together. "I stomp my sister sometimes and she doesn't like it! It's great!" She stands up suddenly and pulls Capra into a sitting position. "Can we go do something? I want to see what else you got around here."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Luna smirked slightly at the hippogriff, noting her hand raising to her forehead but saying nothing about it. The hippogriff's medical conditions were none of her business. "Thank you, Starstreak. They were bothering me, but you fixed that." She chuckled slightly and shook her head. "I never imagined that you'd be so... Demanding. I always pictured you as a frail little thing but that voice was anything but."

That was about the highest compliment Luna was going to give her. The lunar goddess tapped her on the shoulder and leaned in to whisper in her ear, "We need to speak privately. No extra ears. It's about outside conflict and your project here."

Latios Latios
"Flax, huh? Cool."He compliment. The sight seeing such loyal bond between them brought a sad but warm under his scarf. He became completely silent in that moment as his eyes turned solemn, staring down at the table.

But after a moment of turning into a zombie, he quickly pulls himself out of his little walk down memory lane. He takes a deep breath and asks another question to get his kind back on track. There was a reason why he came here and he can't afford to become distracted. "I have a question. You see I just got into town, but I don't plan on staying long. Do you know a path that leads to the Everfree Forest?", he asked.

The moment that very name passed his lips, the bar became startled. The waitress dropped Cassian food, making a loud crash and a few patrons spat out their drinks. Nearly the entire bar froze as they all stare at the hooded Dragon with fear and concern.

The tension in the air thicken so much, he could probably cut it with a knife. Cassian looked around at everyone with their heads turned directly toward him. "What? Did i say the mahic word?", he joked

Galagus just gave a blank stare to those shocked that he wanted to go there. It wasn't that bad of a place, you just had to know where to go. "Yeah I know a path. I travel through the Everfree all the time. I don't exactly live in town either."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
The goat stumbled on her hooves and fell forward, tipsy and yawning
"Mmmmmmaybe. Sure lets go take a little walk. Maybe I can take you to meet my friend Nem?"
She picked herself back up and took another drink from her wineskin
"Have you ever seeeeen....a fairy? A brownie?"

Users who are viewing this thread