Age of Exploration

@Anonmare

Luna was less-than-surprised when Salacia dragged her off towards the Ancient Equestria exhibit. Salacia showed a keen interest in melee combat, and Luna had quickly realized that Salacia looked up to her as an idol. The lunar princess was fairly certain that the filly would probably worship the ground that she walked on. Many strangers nearby eyed Luna and the filly, and despite Salacia and Silvanus having been created over a month ago, the populace still didn't know what to make of it. The only official explanation that Luna and Celestia had given was that the fillies were put into their care by outside forces. 

Regardless, many ponies still came up to meet the newest Princesses. Luna eyed each of them like a hawk. She was rather protective. 

At the front of the exhibit was a stand with a sculpture of a unicorn, a pegasus, and an earth pony. The unicorn was dressed in fancy regalia, the pegasus in metal armor, and the earth pony in rags.

Silver Duty and Arc Light stared up at the sun with one another. They both silently watched the sun begin lowering over the horizon. Arc sighed. "It's been so long... for more reasons than one." Both still wore their strange, ornate armor. Arc shook his head. "It seems so different, and at the same time, it seems like nothing's changed."

"Indeed," Silver said in agreement. Both were quiet for a few moments. Arc gently pawed his hoof against the ground. 

"Everything's different now... we live in a mostly peaceful world... could it be..." Silver looked down while Arc silently thought to himself. "We can finally live civilian lives... so much to do, so little time to do it."

@Deathrattle BB ((Introduce yourself however you please.))

@Dreamweaver

Salacia always smiled at the ponies coming to greet, mentally remarking how nice everypony must be if they wished to greet her personally. The idea that anything could go wrong or Luna's watchful protectiveness simply went unnoticed by the young filly. She did, however, think highly of herself if so many ponies wanted to see her – if she wasn't so important then obviously nopony would want go up to her and greet her like this.

Her logic was absolutely infallible as far as she was concerned.

“Can I go see the swords now? Ooh! Are any of your swords kept here mommy? Can I take one home with me? Pretty pleeeease?” Salacia rattled off as they entered the front of the exhibit. Were she a cynical pony, she might have made a comment about how the Earth Pony statue was depicted in rags. Of course, you'd be mistaken to think that the Earth Ponies didn't have a warrior culture, but the Pegasi's was far more well-known.

@Assailant

"There's definitely a lot to do, isn't there?"

A voice spoke from behind Silver Duty and Arc Light. When they looked, there wouldn't be anybody there. However, whenever and if they had looked down from the start, there was a bunny. He had a gray scarf wrapped around his neck at this point, much too long for him but flowing in the small breeze that occasionally came. His fur was an ashy color, not one of the pure whites you'd expect of your typical rabbit. His ears were long, standing upright on his head, the insides still pink. The rabbit looked sickly from his frail appearance and sunken eyes.

A glowing rune was emblazoned on his head, some sort of anti-magic ward. The mark itself was ancient, dating back over a thousand years ago, but retaining much of its original powers and properties still. "It isn't good for your health to stare at the sun, though. That's how you cause blindness." He stated, as if he was there the entire time with the two, but his mouth quirked up into a smirk. "What'cha two doing out here anyhow?"

Comet flew fast....her wings flapped fast and she landed to the ground. She folded her wings in and stepped her orange colored hoof forward. She was slightly embaressed visiting such a socificated place. Put she knew her brother was waiting on her. He was a  royal guard. She slid her goggles off her eyes which smushed her side bangs down slightly. She started to walk carrying her makeshift duffle bag. She stood infront of the canterlot gate. she gulped. "Uhhhh hello?" Her brother was flash sentry. He was pretty great to be accepted here. She sighed in relief as the gates opened. She grined slightly "hey flash hundred yard dash!" She smiled as her brother hugged. "Missed yah big sis." Flash smiled. "Hehe you too flash"  she let go of her brother.  "Did you get into that uh group."  Flash rubbed the back of his head. "No i didnt get into the wonder bolts..." flash pouted "awwww" 

@Anonmare

Luna just facehooves and shakes her head. "Any swords in this place will be either replicas, or rusted old blades which are no good in combat." Luna explains to the young filly at her side. She reached down to pat Salacia's shoulder reassuringly and grinned at her. "It's merely an exhibit so that the people of Equestria may learn what life was like back then. And, hopefully, they will appreciate the life which Celestia and I have created for them inside of this beautiful country. Things used to be a lot worse." She explains as they walk. 

"Besides..." she says with a mysterious smile as they walk. "... When you complete your training, I will hand craft you a blade. Or two, if that ends up being your preferred style. Any blade you want."

Arc kneeled down. "Ah, an anti-magic ward! I see, I see. I remember working on that one, it was one of my greatest accomplishments. Of course, the fact that there was a whole team devoted to that one sort of downplays it." He reminisced over the creation of the ancient rune as Silver eyed the bunny. He stepped forward and got close to it, and then a few moments later, he grunted. 

"Not a Shifter, it would seem." Arc still seemed to regard the rabbit with intense curiosity.

"Peculiar, this time doesn't seem to use runic sorcery." He gently touched the rune. "How do you still know such arts?"

@Deathrattle BB

Bluegrass look at her leg as she signs. Its true, she'll strain her leg more. " Um.....I'll be ok......beside I have to go and get rest for a mouths....I am new in this town and looking for a place to rest ....." Bluegrass said it as she bring her luggages using her magic.

@Acethekidd

@Dreamweaver

Salacia pouted, puffing her cheeks in disappointment that she wouldn't be able to take a blade home with her. She was a Princess too, wasn't she? Plus the swords in here were either rep-, repl-, fake or broken and no good for practising or beating bad guys with. How lame!

She did perk up at the mention of Luna saying she'd make a real blade for her when she would finish her training, which is a given 'cus she'll easily beat it all in a few weeks.

“Yay! Silva says swords are bad but she's obviously being silly.” She said, taking a jab at her sister because that's what sisters do to one another. She didn't know entirely what Luna meant by things being worse back during ancient times, when she read about it in her history books it sounded so exciting to her. To be a real adventurer and go on quests and being able to defeat the bad ponies and protect the good ones sounded like heaven to her.

“Hey mommy? Can you show my some of the exh-, uh, 'ex-hee-biz-its'?” She asked curiously, sounding out the word. To give the filly a break, she hadn't heard the word said aloud before so her hesitance wasn't without undue cause.

@Assailant

Expellix edged away from the two ponies when they came closer, his hands lighting up with magic and pushing them away slightly. "A bit too friendly there. You're asking too many questions without even saying what your name is." He said, eyeing them both suspiciously. They obviously we're 'old' in some sense of the word to be able to have 'made' an anti-magic rune.

"So, why don't we start with names, and then I'll consider answering questions?" He suggested. "I am Expellix. Who are you two, and what are you?"

@Dreamweaver

The sun was just rising in the horizon when Gunnolf awoke, it barely even becoming dawn by that time. He had a habit of waking up either slightly before or right as night was ending, leading to him being awake at a similar time to Celestia even. If you wanted food for the day you needed to be up early if you wanted to make the easiest and best kills. That was a habit ingrained into him for about 20 years from living in the Everfree Forest, not something he was going to be breaking any time soon.

He opened his eyes slowly and raised his head, letting out a loud yawn, awakening and frightening many of the birds and critters around him at the moment from his stirring. His collar tinkled softly as he sat up and shook his fur out, bristling it against the cold air. He wasn't allowed to sleep anywhere in the castle, or he didn't think he was. Luna never specified it and he wasn't about to go about and take advantage of the loophole just because she said nothing about it. That didn't stop him from feeling stiff and cold still, but he was used to that as well.

Yawning once more, he stood up and glanced towards the doorway into the castle, wondering if he could sneak it and warm up for a moment before breakfast.

@Anonmare

"Of course I will show you some exhibits, dear. Come on, there's far more than just those three statues to see." Luna says while lifting the filly up and placing Salacia on her back. As they walked, the walls were filled with old suits of armor and weapons behind glass. However, soon enough they came to the first real exhibit which had crowds of people around it. The exhibit didn't actually contain any ancient artifacts, but instead it was one giant painting. It was a 40 foot by 40 foot canvas, depicting an ancient clash between ponies and griffons. On the left side of the portrait was an army of griffons, with numbers so great that each soldier looked minuscule on the portrait. To the right was a much smaller army of ponies, probably outnumbered by the griffons 10 to 1. The army was probably 80% pegasi, who made up the front ranks of the army and formed a wall of shields. They were strengthened by earth pony soldiers in their ranks, and spell-casting unicorns behind.

The pony army was at a choke-point; specifically a gorge, which the pegasi used to their advantage and forced the griffons to funnel into, where the pegasi could use their superior training to defeat them and the unicorns could bombard the griffons from afar. Above the pony army was a light blue pegasus with an even lighter mane, barking orders.

"That... Is one of the battles of the Equestrian-Griffon War. This is depicting the Battle of the Galloping Gorge. The griffons attempted to flank Canterlot from the north-west, and we met them there where we could defend against their superior numbers by funneling them in and cutting them off from their supplies. We won, against all odds. If it wasn't for the unicorns, we likely all would have died... But the griffons had no counter to their magic." Luna smiles down at Salacia and pats her head. "The Equestrian-Griffon War happened directly after Celestia and I defeated Discord. The griffons were terrified that, with the God of Chaos defeated, ponies would band together and form a civilization more powerful than their own. Strangely enough, the griffons invading is exactly what drew us all together. I'm not sure we'd be where we are today without that war..."

@Deathrattle BB

From out of fucking nowhere, Silvanus appeared. One minute she wasn't there, and the next she was. It was like she had teleported into the bushes beside him and then simply walked out of them. "Puppy!" she says while ramming her head into his leg. Even at a young age, she was still a goddess... And she didn't quite understand that not many creatures were as strong as her. "I bin watching while you sleepy and now you're awake!" 

@Dreamweaver

Gunnolf flicked his ears, not really being surprised by a randomly appearing foal. However, her hit didn't hurt all that much; whether or not she was a alicorn, she was still a month old foal. He was still a fully grown great wolf many times her size. He just looked down at her, nodding.

"Hello, Silvanus. What are you doing up so early?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. "Should you not still be sleeping with Luna or Celestia?"

Silver glanced at Arc to see if they should talk, but Arc had already begun. "My name is Arc Light," the unicorn said with the slightest bow. He grinned wildly. "Royal arcane magician, scholar, and elite of the magistrate!" Silver sighed and nodded.

"Soldier." Arc chuckled.

"THE soldier! Champion of Equestria and slayer of the shifters."

@Deathrattle BB

Last edited by a moderator:
@Deathrattle BB

"Woona is gone and Cewwy had to get up for work stuff, and then the birds came and got me up, so now here I am!" She says as if that is a perfectly logical sequence of events. Silva looks at the large wolf once and then boops him on the nose. "You are wakey early too, but why? And whadda ya eat around here?" She asks with a tilt of her head, thoroughly confused as to what exactly the wolf's life was like. She'd seen him around but hadn't really had a chance to talk with him.

@Assailant

Expellix tipped his head to the side, his ears flopping to the direction as well. "Alright, just your name would have sufficed. Nice to meet you Arc Light, and... Soldier? Cool names. Well, you already know mine."

Moving right along, he tapped the rune in his forehead. "Well, with introductions out of the way, this here was made by Starswirl the Bearded. Haven't seen the guy since he died and I was set free back to the wild. It gave me magic, too, unless that was from some other experiment." He shrugged. "What is a shifter?"

@Dreamweaver

"Well, I'm up because I just happen to wake up this early. I'm in the habit of it." He shrugged, deciding he didn't need to explain it in depth. Assuming the filly cared for a better explanation. "And I don't think you need to know quite yet how or what I eat, little one. Do you not have anything to do?"

@Deathrattle BB

"You eat meat by killing animaaallls!" She says as if every child should know that. She could also point to a tree and tell you exactly what type of tree it was and how old it was... She just didn't understand how she knew these things. "You is a wolf... a great wolf! 20 years of age?" She asks with a tilt of her head. "And I wanted to come see the gardens... that is what imma do right now!"

Arc shook his head. "No, no, his name is Silver. He IS a soldier." Arc nodded at the mention of Starswirl. "Anywho, I studied his arts. Fun guy." He thought on their question. "You call them... Changelings now? Yeah, Changelings."

@Deathrattle BB

@Assailant

Expellix nodded once more. "His name is a metal now? I assume there's more to it than just 'Silver.' Regardless of your name, though, you both haven't really explained anything. How would you know Starswirl the Bearded? As far as I can remember, and was told, he died over a thousand years ago." He tapped his foot. "What are you two, time travelers?"

@Dreamweaver

Gunnolf blinked in surprise at her knowledge of him, but decided that it wasn't worth asking about. Alicorns were alicorns, that was about as weird as it got. "Yes, and you're too young to see something like that." He said sternly. Of course, he had absolutely no authority over the filly at all. "Why don't you go play in the garden, then? I can join you in a bit once I've eaten."

Silver and Arc looked at each other. "Uh... yeah," Arc said. "Not sure how we got here, honestly. We THINK Morpheus's demise had a hoof in it, but we can't be sure..." Silver raised an eyebrow.

"Are you a time-traveler too? If you had lived all this time, you must know of us and of the Shifters."

@Deathrattle BB

@Assailant

He was prepared to laugh... until they had said yes to it. Wow, time travelers, what a situation they had here. Expellix's nose twitched lightly. "Well, uh, no. As far as I know, Starswirl did something to make me live a super long time apparently. I'm not really sure what he did, but it must have worked. I've been out in the wild, typically running from crazed unicorns, until recently."

Arc nodded. "Ah, if you'd lived separately from pony society, then it would make sense that you never learned of the war." Silver observed the bunny with cautious skepticism while Arc observed with a more inquisitive nature. "There's a tad bit of... culture shock, unsurprisingly. I have to use a translation rune to understand my own people... how insane is that?"

@Deathrattle BB

@Assailant

Expellix quirked his eyebrow up at them. A translation rune for just understanding basic pony language these days? They sounded as if they were speaking Modern Equestrian to him... Unless he was understanding a different language and also speaking it without realizing it. "Which war are you talking about? I'm pretty sure that Equestria has gone through multiple, and if you're talking about that one day where the night lasted way longer than usual... I assume you ponies had something to do with that."

Silver frowned. "Could it have truly been lost to history? Such a horrifying struggle..." Arc raised an eyebrow.

"The Shifter War? Or the Genesis War? The history books still cite it as one of the most devastating wars in Equestria's history... no way it could be overshadowed... but... wait... did you mention a long night? I don't know about that... it must've happened while we were away."

@Deathrattle BB

@Assailant

Expellix frowned. "Or... It never happened." He said, but then put his paws up so they wouldn't try to protest. "Listen; if you're apparently time travelers and 'Changeling killers', then the likelihood that events didn't go as what you think is pretty high. I don't recall ever seeing any Changelings decide to attack any of you ponies; trust me, I would have seen that even if I am a wild animal. I'm not exactly blind or deaf, and I've certainly been in a pony settlement many times before modern times."

He tapped his chin. "So, assuming that multiverse theory is real and that there are branching timelines... It's possible that in whatever timeline you've come from... Events didn't exactly play out as they did here." He glanced up at them, squinting. "You two probably would know. Even the slightest events cause a timeline to branch out, don't they? It might not be anything drastic, only slight changes, but I assume that's what it is. This is just a timeline where that didn't happen." He paused. "Oh, and it was just some night that lasted longer than it should have. You can probably find it in a history book."

Silver suddenly grabbed Expellix by the throat and held him to his face. Silver glared a deathly glare at him. "Do not... EVER... imply that all those who died never really happened. I'll have you dead like the rest if I hear you say that again." Arc waited a few moments before gently tapping Silver, indicating for him to let go of the bunny. Silver threw him down and stepped back. Arc shook his head.

"It happened. It's in the books. We only time-traveled to the future, so everything should still be in order. We know what happened after we disappeared. It happened." Even Arc, the normally friendly one, seemed put off by Expellix's statement. "Maybe you chose to block it out of your mind. I wouldn't blame you. It certainly happened."

@Deathrattle BB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back