• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy After World: A Old Favorite Relaunch

A Matter of Life and Death

• Let it Live! (I want to join/read/support this RPs comeback)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let it Die! (Crush my dreams :p)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MedievalMethods

Saturday Night Dragon-Slayer

A Medieval Take On The Second World War

bannerfans_1099382_zpszjm1fkti.jpg

Enter an unthinkable world;

Where American and Japanese,

Russian and British,

Nazi and Jew,

unite against an even Greater Foe...

Name: After World - The Argo Reports

Concept: This role play details the five-year exploits of the The Argo Expeditionary Force. A coalition group of Axis and Allied soldiers, scientists, and explorers who travel to a parallel Earth of Aesir in They do this through an unexplained phenomena that are simply called "Maelstroms". Large, supernatural, freak storms who act as moving Bermuda Triangles, or bridges to alternative worlds and dimensions.

Genre(s): High Fantasy, Speculative Science Fiction, WW2, Alternative History, Parallel Worlds, Action-Adventure

Type (Character/Faction/Nation): Character perspective, influenced by limited Faction and Nation play.

Detailed Description:

In After World, 1941 was the year a series of Maelstroms appeared simultaneously. Seemingly at random, they appeared across the globe. Across every continent, national capitols, cities, even battlefields were subject to the sudden appearance of this supernatural event. Out of these storms, monsters, demons and legendary creatures that could only be described as fantasy appeared en mass, invading our 20th century. The resulting deaths, destruction, confusion and mass panic caused a temporary cease fire between the major powers embroiled in the Second World War, as each addressed the otherworldly invasion within their own borders.

The story begins in 1942, a full year after the trans-dimensional invasion was stemmed, and some fashion of order restored. A multi-national venture titled Operation Unthinkable declared a task force, The Argo Expeditionary Force, to assemble with the job of penetrating the quarantine set up around the last Maelstrom still active: in Downtown, Berlin. From there, they were to establish a beach head on whatever is on the other side, in the interest of all nations, so that such an incident can never happen again.

But Earths Second World War is by no means finished. Its merely postponed, by powers who are barely restraining themselves from being back at each others throats. The scene will be very tense and filled with intrigue between Axis and Allied characters, which can either improve or worsen depending on player actions. That said, the world of Æsir carries a horde of its own problems, which Argo will become apart of, whether it wants to or not. What follows is the account of Earth and Æsir characters, the events the overcome and those they meet along the way, in which they explore, discover, forge ties, and fight in a World War much different than our own.

Overview Link: After World: The Argo Reports! | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

A lot of the Lore and IC Information is finished. We had a great, if short run, the last time around. Just hoping for a tour de force of interest as I try to reincarnate this role play.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Right so I Took a look at the whole shebang and got a quick question if you don't mind me asking it.

Could one of the Earth side pc's get a tank? I mean if this is 1942-43 there were tanks and if I was in charge of holding this place down I would send in something more substantial than dudes with guns... like giant metal machines with REALLY big guns.. Though I suppose theres a reason, would you care to enlighten me?

[QUOTE="Jarkov Malachai]Right so I Took a look at the whole shebang and got a quick question if you don't mind me asking it.
Could one of the Earth side pc's get a tank? I mean if this is 1942-43 there were tanks and if I was in charge of holding this place down I would send in something more substantial than dudes with guns... like giant metal machines with REALLY big guns.. Though I suppose theres a reason, would you care to enlighten me?

[/QUOTE]
I never turn down a chance for enlightenment.

"Could one of the Earth PC's get a tank?"

Yes, thats possible. Tanks, besides being the best thing to joyride, are one of the many modes of transportation available. Along with jeeps, horses, trucks, armored half-tracks, planes, ships, and the occasional dragon. Its more than likely PC's will have the ability to interact with such objects off an on throughout the story.

Well thank you for enlightening me, t'was wondering if a PC could be a tank commander. Course there would be problems with said arrangement, parts, munitions, fuel, uneven Terrain but that would definitely come in handy fighting a dragon... or at least something big and nasty that would want to nibble on our giblets.

Course said Tank commander would be slightly screwed as well without a tank... hmm

[QUOTE="Jarkov Malachai]Well thank you for enlightening me, t'was wondering if a PC could be a tank commander. Course there would be problems with said arrangement, parts, munitions, fuel, uneven Terrain but that would definitely come in handy fighting a dragon... or at least something big and nasty that would want to nibble on our giblets.
Course said Tank commander would be slightly screwed as well without a tank... hmm

[/QUOTE]
I think I have a solution to that. The PC doesn't have to be a tank commander, and be left out of events not involving tanks, since the actions and decisions of driving/commanding a tank would be covered by one of the PC's SPECIAL skills, like any old school RP.

Point made, but what would one do about the crew then?

A single man cannot drive a tank, maybe in the future but for WWII era machines, unless it was a French ELC AMX... required around four or five people. Side characters under said rpers control?

[QUOTE="Jarkov Malachai]Point made, but what would one do about the crew then?
A single man cannot drive a tank, maybe in the future but for WWII era machines, unless it was a French ELC AMX... required around four or five people. Side characters under said rpers control?

[/QUOTE]
Minor side character control would be granted. I would expect players to focus their posts on their mains, and use these Minor PCs for just what is needed in posts.

*nods* legitimate system, now I suppose all there is to do Is but wait and see if there is any other reception to this amazing idea

[QUOTE="Jarkov Malachai]*nods* legitimate system, now I suppose all there is to do Is but wait and see if there is any other reception to this amazing idea

[/QUOTE]
We have had some pledges from former players in the OOC. Counting you, there are four, which meets the minimum neccesary for playing. Of course, more players are always a welcome addition.

Indeed, hopefully there will indeed be more. To much work was put into the first one, just in the overview to not register for any decent rper. Wonder who is going to try and be a dragon first? *ponders this for a moment, then ponders what other types of pc's might be born from this)

[QUOTE="Jarkov Malachai]Indeed, hopefully there will indeed be more. To much work was put into the first one, just in the overview to not register for any decent rper. Wonder who is going to try and be a dragon first? *ponders this for a moment, then ponders what other types of pc's might be born from this)

[/QUOTE]
We had an RPer attempt this. Since he was my Co-Op, it was cool with me. Though it was quickly shot down by another player, who was very adamant about such a character being too OP. In the end, the idea kind of died. Sad that racism against reptiles is so prevalent in the RP community ( :P )

Dragons being to OP eh?.... huh maybe so in a middle ages setting where they are at the top of the food chain but hey I quote HALO 3.

"Tank beats Ghost, Tank beats hunter, Tank beats Wraith, TANK BEATS EVERYTHING! Man I love my job." Then of course said tank explodes and that marines corpse is never found, such is the way of life.

I can see why he would say Dragons are to OP, must have had some bad experiences with 'em. Still, there are ways to still have people be dragons and not be OP. No system is perfect. *shrugs* I have been the only poor wee Humans in a entirely Supernatural/mythical rp and there were like 3 dragons there. *grins and whispers conspiracy like* I wrecked face in that rp, I played it smart. If someone wants to be a dragon, let them be dragons! That's my opinion on the matter. Course that's because I love Dragon Hunters.

*crashes in through the glass ceiling, dragging self towards the registration desk with a glass embeded arm*

Hey... just sort thought I'd... drop in, heheh... oww...

Okay, so, I can join, what's this about a dragon?

[QUOTE="Jarkov Malachai]Dragons being to OP eh?.... huh maybe so in a middle ages setting where they are at the top of the food chain but hey I quote HALO 3.
"Tank beats Ghost, Tank beats hunter, Tank beats Wraith, TANK BEATS EVERYTHING! Man I love my job." Then of course said tank explodes and that marines corpse is never found, such is the way of life.

I can see why he would say Dragons are to OP, must have had some bad experiences with 'em. Still, there are ways to still have people be dragons and not be OP. No system is perfect. *shrugs* I have been the only poor wee Humans in a entirely Supernatural/mythical rp and there were like 3 dragons there. *grins and whispers conspiracy like* I wrecked face in that rp, I played it smart. If someone wants to be a dragon, let them be dragons! That's my opinion on the matter. Course that's because I love Dragon Hunters.

[/QUOTE]
I will admit its a cool character to attempt. Of course, it takes some skill to make it work, since it can put the character at odds with other humanoid characters in interaction.

Orikanyo said:
*crashes in through the glass ceiling, dragging self towards the registration desk with a glass embeded arm*
Hey... just sort thought I'd... drop in, heheh... oww...

Okay, so, I can join, what's this about a dragon?
*Notices the the blood trail on the threads carpet* ?_?

ritsu%2Bbandage%2Bgif.gif

Band aids. The Brawny for body leaks.

Anyway, thanks for the interest, and express air-drop, in the thread. We've got a full Overview and Lore tab all up and ready, if you'd like to check it out in detail.

Vinipote said:
This looks interesting and super well thought out!
Thanks! We've got a finished Overview, and a semi-finished Lore page if you'd like to get better acquainted with the idea.

Right, I'll check it out in the mornin' capt', thanks for the band aid! My broken bones feel all the better!

Bump

Also, we now have a fair amount of players on the RPs main page. Link to it is in my first post at the top of the thread. Feel free to drop by, and check us out guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back