• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Aetheria (A closed RP)

BlueJay1403

Supernatural Rights Activist
This roleplay, or the idea for one, anyway, takes place in my own Fantasy world named Aetheria.
In the early stages, there will be some collaborative world-building to establish nations and races but the rest will be almost a slice of life RP in that world, fighting back monsters, fulfilling societal roles, guilds, casual racism (I'm looking especially at Drow and Tieflings) and all that other good stuff.

Who's with me? If interest is received, I'll get started on a world, set up a magic and class system, we'll do some history/back story stuff and I'll get a CS going!

I would really like this to be long term and at least semi-literate.

I've never been a part of a world-building type of rp, but it sounds interesting and I'm willing to give it a shot~

Holy shit, near-immediate interest. I wasn't expecting that... While the world stuff will be a portion, it will be basically background, shaping the world that the characters live in to the players' liking.

Is that the legendary Rusty Shackleford? Dear god, I might've done something right for a change...

Okay, so I have an idea for one of the nations: the only people with unique last names are those from noble families. Common folk all have a surname depending on where they come from, like bastards in Game of Thrones. For example, someone who lives on the coast would have the last name Salt, or someone from the woodlands would have the last name Wood. Unique surnames would distinguish nobility, as it must he earned. Being knighted would allow the person to choose a name, or maybe the king would choose depending on the deeds the person did.

I’d be interested to join, though I am kind of a novice at the whole building a world portion apart of the role play, I hope that isn’t much of a hinderence with me being interested! ^^

Yep! The heir of a noble House once known for taming griffins. If BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403 is alright with it, I'd like griffins to be a nearly extinct species, after centuries of hunting them to stop them from eating horses.

I'm already working on the House and it's lore. I think they would be descended from High Elves and humans who formed an alliance thousands of years ago, with their heirloom being a blade similar to the one's in J.R.R Tolkien's writings. It glows when near orcs, which I hope to discuss with BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403 the reasons why.

Holy shit, that's a lot of interest (literally) overnight... Also, I see we're starting with concepts already. Nice.

This is gonna be anime as shit, BTW, since that's where I'm taking most inspiration from. I'm using a lot of western stuff too, though.

I'm gonna be closing this now, since even this amount of people is nearing my limit.

I'll make a discord, CS thread, main thread, OOC chat and a map and we should be good to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back