• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Aetheria (A closed RP)

I'd love to build for an abishai nation. Take some "artistic liberties" so to speak with their demonic origins, make them a more mundane race for playing. I've already got the skeleton of an idea for a volcanic nation.

For some reason, the notification for this thread wouldn't send. I was thinking of being a traveling tiefling mage/wizard. Probably one that lives in this weird hot air balloon/house hybrid. Not quite sure, I'll flesh out the character a bit more.

Great! So, an idea I have is that it could primarily be our characters doing their own thing, with everyone mingling as they see fit, with arcs where they have to join together to face a greater threat, similar to how the members of the Fellowship in Lord of the Rings were minding their own business before they were assembled.

So kind of finding a way for the characters to interact in one large group and go out on campaigns? I can see that. I'm assuming we'll be sort of adventuring in different campaigns, like how most D&D games go?

Yep! I can totally come up with basic ideas for campaigns. I just got the Monster Manual, so I could also throw in some monsters in there. I'm really hoping we do one where our characters go to the Underdark. I just love all the different monsters that come from it!

The Underdark would be an interesting concept. Man, now I wish I owned the Monster Manual. I've only caught a glimpse of it from a friend of mine.

There's some screwed up monsters in here. One of my personal favorites are the grimlocks. Their degenerate, blind, cannibalistic humans who have gone mad after centuries kf worshipping the mind flayers in tje Underdark.

They're basically them. To find their way they leave the rotting corpses of the people they kill around their layer, so that when new prey walks by it, the stench follows them. Even though it doesn't mention the sounds they make, I imagine them making disturbing, low moans as they walk around like echolocation, before screaming when they find something.

Ooo gross. I like it. I was thinking they sounded like the Falmer too- but now I want to play Skyrim. Hi by the way. You guys have some really good ideas rolling around here.

Dang same. I would play, but I crashed my Skyrim a long time ago with a crappy mod order lol! I don't feel like fixing it.

hey I'm going to back out of the one. I'm really only able to focus on one rp at the moment. sorry

Right, they're more horrifying than I thought. Imagine that in the corner of your room at night.

I'd shit myself. Then there's things like the gricks, which are basically that asteroid worm from Star Wars. It waits for prey to walk by, and then grabs it with it's tongues and drags it away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back