• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Aether: The Age of Light OOC [being rebooted]

Anyhow, I've been working on this straight for like three days so baby needs a nap nap.

Look forward to seeing what people come up with! Will be adding extra info about Mages, Gods, and the system of government in place later. Girl gotta sleep.

Aether: The Age of Light OOC
View attachment 350392

Relevant Links:
At the time of writing, I have no plans to actually start the RP for at least 3-5 Days. Please use this opportunity to get your character posted so ideas can be discussed and refined and all that good stuff. Lore is still being developed and will continue to change as the RP progresses. If you registered interest but aren't going ahead with the RP, feel free to disregard and thanks for your time <3 <3

Keidivh Keidivh @Blue Jay Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom @Squad141 @Joker987 @Lorkhan @FireFlare @Vincent Rayne @Rain Drop @Lefic TacticianTactless TacticianTactless RPGLinx RPGLinx Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly
I've got just a couple more questions before I can work on my CS.
  1. Would the church attempt to kill a man who planned on trying to visit Dul-Magnar?
  2. Would they attempt to kill him if he actually did visit the tower?
  3. Or is Dul-Magnar not officially part of that Ashen Mountains orc quarantine area?
  4. Would the Church attempt to kill the same man if he attempted to visit Va-Lumis by sailing straight to about where it is on the old maps?
  5. What if said man were to visit Kolaghan's Fall and take a bit of dragon bone without having joined the ranks of the church? Marked for death?
  6. And would they attempt to kill him also if he found the forest closed off to him before reaching Va-Lumis?
  7. What's the level of sailing? Mid-1700's level ships minus cannons? Or are most vessels things like galleys or longboats?
  8. Could a dwarf who knew how to use dwarven fire be convinced to join a ships crew in order to see what Dul-Magnar's status is?
  9. Is there a greek fire equivalent in Aether?
  10. And finally, is it possible to fully sail around the continent?

I've got just a couple more questions before I can work on my CS.
  1. Would the church attempt to kill a man who planned on trying to visit Dul-Magnar?
  2. Would they attempt to kill him if he actually did visit the tower?
  3. Or is Dul-Magnar not officially part of that Ashen Mountains orc quarantine area?
  4. Would the Church attempt to kill the same man if he attempted to visit Va-Lumis by sailing straight to about where it is on the old maps?
  5. What if said man were to visit Kolaghan's Fall and take a bit of dragon bone without having joined the ranks of the church? Marked for death?
  6. And would they attempt to kill him also if he found the forest closed off to him before reaching Va-Lumis?
  7. What's the level of sailing? Mid-1700's level ships minus cannons? Or are most vessels things like galleys or longboats?
  8. Could a dwarf who knew how to use dwarven fire be convinced to join a ships crew in order to see what Dul-Magnar's status is?
  9. Is there a greek fire equivalent in Aether?
  10. And finally, is it possible to fully sail around the continent?

1. If they didn't get you, or the Griffins - the Orcs would.
2. He would be turned away at the Abyss. If he attempted to force through - again, if the Church doesn't get you, the Griffins will.
3. Everything east of the Throne of the Abyss is a big no no.
4. Nope. Not up to them to stop people trying to get into the forest. The woods cannot be infiltrated from land or see.
5. Why does he want to die so much
6. Again, the Church has no restrictions regarding Merluminal. You couldn't get near anyway.
7. Nooooo idea. Longboat level probably.
8. The Griffins would tear the crew to pieces.
9. I'm not familiar with Greek Fire.
10. I mean. If you stayed away from the dangerous areas like Overtide, the Wetlands and the mountains, I don't see why not. Be hell of a long journey though.

I guess I should add more details rewarding the Throne of the Abyss and why it's something of a "Don't go past here, thanks" area.

1) The Throne of the Abyss is where the War of Cinders began. It's where the portal opened. While it's been intert for a millenia, the Church ain't letting ANYONE near that. This is understandable.

2) Overtide Island is a absolute death trap. Its like a hive of angry wasps. Except it's Griffins. Who fly. And have big ol' talons and beaks. You go near that place, you'd be torn apart. Blocking you travelling East is just as much about your own safety.

3) Sending randomers near the Ashen Mountains is just asking for trouble. The Orcs might see it as an act of hostility. It might rile up the Griffins. It's just a big no-no all round.

The church are being quite reasonable really.

1. If they didn't get you, or the Griffins - the Orcs would.
2. He would be turned away at the Abyss. If he attempted to force through - again, if the Church doesn't get you, the Griffins will.
3. Everything east of the Throne of the Abyss is a big no no.
4. Nope. Not up to them to stop people trying to get into the forest. The woods cannot be infiltrated from land or see.
5. Why does he want to die so much
6. Again, the Church has no restrictions regarding Merluminal. You couldn't get near anyway.
7. Nooooo idea. Longboat level probably.
8. The Griffins would tear the crew to pieces.
9. I'm not familiar with Greek Fire.
10. I mean. If you stayed away from the dangerous areas like Overtide, the Wetlands and the mountains, I don't see why not. Be hell of a long journey though.
I meant going to Dul-Magnar by water using a trieme or longboat, which don't need to stay near the coastline, so could easily avoid the griffons.

Greek fire is an anti-navel weapon created by the greeks. It's fire that can't be put out by water.

But anyway, guess the idea for that character is about as dead as the Father Jeon character. Back to the drawing board I guess.

I meant going to Dul-Magnar by water using a trieme or longboat, which don't need to stay near the coastline, so could easily avoid the griffons.

Greek fire is an anti-navel weapon created by the greeks. It's fire that can't be put out by water.

But anyway, guess the idea for that character is about as dead as the Father Jeon character. Back to the drawing board I guess.

What were you thinking?

Not at all! Why's he wanna go do Dul-Magnar?
Well, a couple reasons. He wanted to see the tower, he wanted to prove a point to the Church, and he was curious as to the contents of the tower, and how it worked.

Well, a couple reasons. He wanted to see the tower, he wanted to prove a point to the Church, and he was curious as to the contents of the tower, and how it worked.

1) Why'd he want to see the Tower
2) What point was he trying to prove?
3) There's an identical tower waaaaaaaaay closer called Al-Anduin which works in the same way. Plus Ba-Deluga is the truly "lost" tower.

I'm not criticizing - I quite like the idea. But I just wanna know you've thought it out, hah.

3) There's an identical tower waaaaaaaaay closer called Al-Anduin which works in the same way. Plus Ba-Deluga is the truly "lost" tower.

I'm not criticizing - I quite like the idea. But I just wanna know you've thought it out, hah.
I think the point might be, "Fuck you guys, I can go where I please!" Which I kinda get, sometimes when authority tries to restrict you, you kinda want to rebel

On another note, will it ever be possible to later go to the Orc held lands, possibly to search for Dwarven artifacts?

I think the point might be, "Fuck you guys, I can go where I please!" Which I kinda get, sometimes when authority tries to restrict you, you kinda want to rebel

On another note, will it ever be possible to later go to the Orc held lands, possibly to search for Dwarven artifacts?

the whole map will be open eventually.

WELL, I mean to like an extent.

Last edited:

Well, he wanted to see the tower because he was curious as to what had happened to it in the time since the end of the war.

He had wanted to prove that he could get there without being attacked by orcs or griffins, and wouldn't be seen by a single paladin.

And he didn't want to go to Al-Anduin because that's rather boring. Also, he'd probably be called a heretic if he attempted to study that Tower.

Also, it was comparatively the most easily reached out of the three ruined towers.

"Can you not go that way, you'll probably die"

View attachment 350457
Okay, he wanted to make two points.

Well, he wanted to see the tower because he was curious as to what had happened to it in the time since the end of the war.

He had wanted to prove that he could get there without being attacked by orcs or griffins, and wouldn't be seen by a single paladin.

And he didn't want to go to Al-Anduin because that's rather boring. Also, he'd probably be called a heretic if he attempted to study that Tower.

Also, it was comparatively the most easily reached out of the three ruined towers.

Okay, he wanted to make two points.

You're not gonna be branded a Heretic. The Church actually pays adventures a healthy sum for discoveries of all shapes and sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back