• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy 𝐀𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 : 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗉𝗉𝖾𝖽 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗀𝖺𝗆𝖾.

honestly, not very strict. the skillsets i put at the end of each class were to help with inspiration and direction rather than something to follow completely. i don’t really care too much how people want to modify the skills as long as they’re reasonable for the level. for instance, i wouldn’t want a beast tamer to be able to summon a powerful phoenix from level one. of course, that is an exaggeration and my main point is that i don’t care as long as it makes sense and isn’t overpowered. and i have no issue with elemental pets!
I'm interested in playing a 'magical duelist' Assassin then, one that focuses on disorienting and blinding opponents with magical skills before attacking them to get that 'sneak attack'. Lots of evasive swordsmanship combined with spell-work

on this note, will faceclaims be required? or will a written description suffice? also, how much freedom will we have with the appearance of characters if we're wanting an appearance that subverts expectations of a race? eg: using the fiend race for playing an undead looking character, and so on
although faceclaims are preferred, they will not be required! a well-written description will suffice and i will also accept realistic art. something to the same degree of realism as this art for example. i just want to ensure that whatever forms of media that people choose to represent their character will be relatively similar. as for subverting expectations, as long as the character retains a mostly humanoid form, i don't really care tbh! it's a fantasy world so i'm eager to give people the opportunity to be creative with their character's appearance.

I believe all of the roles except for priest are still open.
that is correct, thank you for answering!

seeing the number of questions here, i may open up an ooc page before the character sheets just so i can address any other concerns any of you have. but feel free to continue asking whatever you want here until that's created!

although faceclaims are preferred, they will not be required! a well-written description will suffice and i will also accept realistic art. something to the same degree of realism as this art for example. i just want to ensure that whatever forms of media that people choose to represent their character will be relatively similar. as for subverting expectations, as long as the character retains a mostly humanoid form, i don't really care tbh! it's a fantasy world so i'm eager to give people the opportunity to be creative with their character's appearance.

seeing the number of questions here, i may open up an ooc page before the character sheets just so i can address any other concerns any of you have. but feel free to continue asking whatever you want here until that's created!
If we chose to use just a realistic FC, can we add a description of any extra features they may have due to their race? Such as the Faeries having wings for example?

Is this one of those RPs where you more or less tell people their writing isn’t good enough and kick them out if you don’t think they fit, or are the roles more like classes.
that is… awfully aggressive lol

good to know, thank you! on that note i'm most interested in creating a warrior or beast tamer character, so i'll hang around for when the character thread goes up

If we chose to use just a realistic FC, can we add a description of any extra features they may have due to their race? Such as the Faeries having wings for example?
yes! i will likely include a section in the sheet where people can include descriptions/links of whatever extra features they may have due to their race.

Of course I’m agressive. Every time one of these “limited roles” things comes upI basically get told that I’m not good enough for the creator’s niche and I can go fuck my self with my ideas and creations.
in my case, writing alone is genuinely not my only deciding factor. i have stated within the rules that i want to "foster an enjoyable and comfortable environment" and approaching me with hostility when i don't know even know you is already inappropriate. that being said, i would really appreciate if we could all just drop this subject because i'd like to avoid anymore unnecessary conflict.

This looks cool! Wondering if combat will be stat/dice roll based or if it's more casual and something to plot out between writers?

I am interested in this RP if any positions are available! I would not mind any of the roles, and if the plot allows, I have an idea for a character that is a cooperate spy from a competing company trying to steal information about the new system.

i might add in some new classes before getting the character sheet up. if there’s any suggestions for a class someone would like to see,
The roles still lacks the quintessential plated knight/paladin for true tank experience. If we have some form of magitech then artificier or gunner can be viable class. Druid or warlock can also be added for extra magical flavor. Then there's of course the less combat focused class like merchant or blacksmith.

Character idea/ Archer class skills ideas

A boring human Archer (Guy thinking he'll make another character later). As he levels up his shots become more accurate and with a sniper ability(probably at lv10 or 15) able to shoot longer distances.

His arrows level with him giving them the power to peirce armor eventually. Eventually become magical able to return back to his quiver. Able make fire arrows.

Has an observation ability allowing him to track monsters, see traps, and eventually track other people. This will of course be slow to build up only seeing small monsters to begin with.

hey everyone! i've just set up an ooc thread here and will shortly link it to the first post. make sure to take a look if there's anything you want to say!

This looks cool! Wondering if combat will be stat/dice roll based or if it's more casual and something to plot out between writers?
it'll be more casual! i'm leaving it up to the writers to decide whatever they think is fair and in the case that anything seems a bit odd or overpowered, i'll just voice it myself.

The roles still lacks the quintessential plated knight/paladin for true tank experience. If we have some form of magitech then artificier or gunner can be viable class. Druid or warlock can also be added for extra magical flavor. Then there's of course the less combat focused class like merchant or blacksmith.
you're definitely correct about me overlooking a sort of knight/paladin class. although it's possible with the berserker, that's very dependent on whether or not the writer wants to make them an armoured sort of brute character. i'll definitely consider making a knight/paladin and keep your other suggestions in mind. thank you for the ideas!

I'll toss in my tentative interest! One question though: is the 400-word post expectation a hard and fast rule, or is it OK if post length fluctuates depending on the scenario?

hey, so i had this idea of a content creator character & was wondering if there was an rule on players picking a wildly different appearance? i just wanted to hit on the fact that all the male ffxiv creators i watch have girl characters LMAO

I'll toss in my tentative interest! One question though: is the 400-word post expectation a hard and fast rule, or is it OK if post length fluctuates depending on the scenario?
it’s not quite a hard rule, but i definitely expect people to be able to reach around that mark the majority of the time! i can see it understandably fluctuating in like, a dialogue-heavy scene, but consistently writing only a little is probably not going to work out.

hey, so i had this idea of a content creator character & was wondering if there was an rule on players picking a wildly different appearance? i just wanted to hit on the fact that all the male ffxiv creators i watch have girl characters LMAO
i think that’s funny and very real LMAO totally feel free to go ahead with that idea

Hope you're still open to applications ~ I am looking at something like the Minstrel or the Mystic, this looks fun!

I realize I just posted a character sheet without even saying anything here in the interest check.
definitely interested, lol! <3 🙇‍♂️

just going to give this a little bump and say that applications are still open!! i haven't decided on a deadline yet so you're free to hop in ♡

hello everyone! i think i've decided that i'm going to go ahead and close applications next week on july 16th. if you're interested, feel free to apply! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back