• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy π€π„𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 πŽππ‹πˆππ„ : 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗉𝗉𝖾𝖽 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗀𝖺𝗆𝖾.

artemis.

β˜†

• intro

dark beach

pastel ghost

overview.

I
    n the year 2080, VRMMORPGS swarm the market thanks to substantial advancements in technology. News spreads that ALFA, a famous gaming company known worldwide for their outstanding VRMMORPGS, is looking for international beta testers for their new game: Aether Online. In exchange, ALFA will pay its beta testers a hefty sum of money. Several thousands of people apply, but only eight lucky people are selected β€” and you are one of them.

Upon logging in, you find yourself with the other seven beta testers and start exploring the game. The game already seems remarkable. Everything appears as if you were there in person. However, it's not until later that you, along with the other beta testers, realize something horribly wrong: it's impossible to log out! Due to a bug that the game developers overlooked, the beta testers are now trapped inside Aether Online with no communication with the outside world.

With no other options, the beta testers begrudgingly continue to play the game. After all, what else could possibly go wrong?

welcome girls and gamers! i'll be honest, this is my first time even trying to gm a group thread on rpn so this entire process and rp is extremely experimental. if my lack of experiences shows, just pretend like you don't notice a thing. if you couldn't already tell, this rp is heavily inspired by "stuck in a game" and "isekai" tropes with a stronger hint of that mmorpg feel since most media does it extremely wrong (i'm looking at you sao). if you haven't played an mmorpg before, no worries, but some very basic knowledge would help! just think of it as a typical fantasy world but with a leveling system when it comes to abilities. other than that, i was just hoping to have a mostly unserious, lighthearted rp to kill my time with! thanks so much for anyone who takes interest and i hope everyone has a great day/night regardless. β™‘

note: the next page has all the roles! at the end of each role, i have linked some skill sets. they are examples of abilities rather than strict ideas, so don't worry too much about them!

intro

roles

rules

talk to me

as i'm
sleeping

genre

action, adventure

status

open

spots open

9/10

β™‘coded by uxieβ™‘

Last edited:
This sounds so much fun! Sadly I don't think I'd be able to get close enough to 400 words consistently (my average is more in the 150 range since I tend to only include details that move the scene forward.)

What kind of setting is Aether set in?
the best way i can describe it is that it would be a magical historical fantasy setting. i intend on making locations/nations vary when it comes to culture and biome as i find sticking to only eurocentric fantasy extremely drab. if you've ever played genshin impact before, scenery would be akin. there'd be vast lands for traveling between major cities (with smaller towns/villages in between) and the cities themselves would highlight cultures/traditions/customs that may not quite be like other regions in the world. here's references of what i'd envision for various locations if it helps (one, two, three, four). i do have specific regions i want to include but for starters, the characters would begin in a classic european fantasy sort of setting (similar to the first reference).

Can we expect to run into native-to-game-world NPCs?
yes, there will be in-game NPCs that the characters can interact with. from random shopkeepers to people strolling throughout the lands -- they will all be present and characters can freely communicate with them. i will say that these NPCs will have more sentience than most NPCs in our modern day games, however they will still have some limitations (ie most of their freedom is restricted to dialogue and not so much what actions they're capable of performing).

thank you to everyone who has expressed interest thus far! i've managed to get some simple lore about aether online written up that can be found here as well as in the first post.

just popping into to express my interest! the isekai-esque genre has started to appeal to me more and more.

How strictly do we need to stick to the skill list for the roles? Can we make our own archetype as long as they fit the 'theme' of the class, like a Tamer who focuses on uses elemental pets instead of beast pets?

I'm interested! Probably as archer, mage or priest

Is this one of those RPs where you more or less tell people their writing isn’t good enough and kick them out if you don’t think they fit, or are the roles more like classes.
Calm down, put down the snark and have some cookies. Here
chocolate-chunk-cookies_0-6f27241.jpg

thanks to everyone who has shown interest!! seeing that there’s a lot of more people than i expected, i might add in some new classes before getting the character sheet up. if there’s any suggestions for a class someone would like to see, feel free to tell me and i’ll see what i can muster!

Is this still open??
yes, this is still open!

How strictly do we need to stick to the skill list for the roles? Can we make our own archetype as long as they fit the 'theme' of the class, like a Tamer who focuses on uses elemental pets instead of beast pets?
honestly, not very strict. the skillsets i put at the end of each class were to help with inspiration and direction rather than something to follow completely. i don’t really care too much how people want to modify the skills as long as they’re reasonable for the level. for instance, i wouldn’t want a beast tamer to be able to summon a powerful phoenix from level one. of course, that is an exaggeration and my main point is that i don’t care as long as it makes sense and isn’t overpowered. and i have no issue with elemental pets!

Is this one of those RPs where you more or less tell people their writing isn’t good enough and kick them out if you don’t think they fit, or are the roles more like classes.
not necessarily? if anyone is applying, they should be aware from my first post that there are limited spots and i will ultimately have to deny someone regardless of how good of a writer they may be. it’s kind of inevitable that i turn down good writers with limited spots. by the deadline, i will pick one application per class based off what character fits the setting and plot the most. truthfully, i don’t quite understand the last half of your question so please elaborate so i can correctly answer if i didn’t!

I'm interested! Probably as archer, mage or priest
the priest is taken, but every other role is fair game when applications open! thanks for your interest!

Could I ask what you're looking for in regards to face-claims? Will we be using realistic or anime/drawn?

thanks to everyone who has shown interest!! seeing that there’s a lot of more people than i expected, i might add in some new classes before getting the character sheet up. if there’s any suggestions for a class someone would like to see, feel free to tell me and i’ll see what i can muster!

yes, this is still open!

honestly, not very strict. the skillsets i put at the end of each class were to help with inspiration and direction rather than something to follow completely. i don’t really care too much how people want to modify the skills as long as they’re reasonable for the level. for instance, i wouldn’t want a beast tamer to be able to summon a powerful phoenix from level one. of course, that is an exaggeration and my main point is that i don’t care as long as it makes sense and isn’t overpowered. and i have no issue with elemental pets!

not necessarily? if anyone is applying, they should be aware from my first post that there are limited spots and i will ultimately have to deny someone regardless of how good of a writer they may be. it’s kind of inevitable that i turn down good writers with limited spots. by the deadline, i will pick one application per class based off what character fits the setting and plot the most. truthfully, i don’t quite understand the last half of your question so please elaborate so i can correctly answer if i didn’t!

the priest is taken, but every other role is fair game when applications open! thanks for your interest!
Not interested in having it implied that my writing isn’t good enough again. Sorry. No thanks.

faceclaims will be realistic!
on this note, will faceclaims be required? or will a written description suffice? also, how much freedom will we have with the appearance of characters if we're wanting an appearance that subverts expectations of a race? eg: using the fiend race for playing an undead looking character, and so on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back