• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Aerumen

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"That's not entirely wrong," Bast said, a hand coming to rub the side of his face in thought, "I wasn't raised in the Midlands, so I wasn't aware they didn't educate you on elves."
"Well, that's not to say much. Most of the elves within this city don't know their own history, really." He huffed, "They've always distrusted outsiders, but originally it was because they wanted to keep themselves and their culture safe from those who would use them to harm their way of life. If anyone sought their knowledge, they had to integrate themselves into elven society. It wasn't until humans began invading their land and keeping the elves they caught as slaves that elves began centering this phobia around humans. The wars began, and then the Three Lands Treaty was settled. An emporer named, Slavery abolished and marked from history...The Dwan elves kept to this reclusive sentiment, but High elves found themselves thriving among the cities, here and elsewhere. That much you can easily learn within this city."
"However, their history began long before that." Bast seemed as if he had been considering something, "I can show you what I see of the Elvhan here. Perhaps you can better understand my anger. If you want to."

Mission moved closer, taking a seat on a rock - brickwork was more accurate, a dislodged piece of the ruins. She listened up to the disguised human as he talked about the elves, obviously not the full details, but a nice condensed piece. Slavery was sick, she never ever liked the idea of such an inhumane trade and it was understandable why a race would be so reclusive.

She really didn't blame the phobia, just look at what happened to the North. Huh. Even during peace times the Humans liked to disappoint. Mission kept her eyes up at the disguised human, tilting her head when he stopped and asked her something more direct. She hesitated, but she was interested in understand. Maybe feeling his anger.

"Okay. I do."

Bast paused for a second, mild surprise showing on his features, an expression that quickly melted into something calmer as he spoke, "Very well," He moved closer and offered hand to her, "Just remember: We can't stray far from where we began, and you absolutely can not let go of me- I can't promise I won't leave you there if you do." His brows rose slightly with his words, clasping his fingers around her hand tightly. Like a blink, a sudden darkness surrounded them that was quickly taken over by the world quickly falling in to place around them again. Only, the scenery was different from before. The vine covered ruins were transformed into a picturesque temple, the walls restructured and giving flow to the open architecture. Light poured in from various angles over the beams, giving different designs and colors over the clean tiles. Greenery was carefully placed next to structures of crystal and natural glass, incense filled the area with the vague smell of lavender. Slowly, people began appearing in the room, wherever they had been in at that moment in time. Some were moving, others seemed slower, unclear, their actions dragging around them for seconds at a time like smoke. Many were high elves, but some appeared different than those seen in Mission's time. Though they all dressed in thin, decorative robes garnished with gold, or plated armor made of foreign metal. Some stood out among them, gold painted their skin in unfamiliar markings, their faces smeared from this reflection of time but not for glowing eyes and pointed ears, bringing further evidence to their tall, other-worldly presence. Among this crowd of elves and unseen elven were a few odd balls out, two implines the color of night and a human who all dressed as the elves did. Despite their differences everyone seemed to be working, magic flowing like air around them. The alter had already be erected in this time, though the amount of handprints there were noticeably lessened.

One such faceless person appeared beside the alter, with a shorter elf at his side, they both began walking closer to Bast and Mission. The shorter of the two was a dwan elf, the old kind. Her eyes were round and large like an animals, the bridge of her nose nearly melding seamlessly with her brow bone, markings covered her skin in patterns that danced in the light as they entered in to the temple from the shade. She seemed barely clothed compared to her company, dressed in light materials that were roped and tied together with gold and other metals. The taller one had eyes that were a glowing blue and his black hair was long enough to graze the floor, his dark robes being the only shelter from it.

"I don't know how much longer we can do this," The woman spoke, though her words seemed to be translated to the onlookers, not matching the language rolling from her lips, "Many of us were lost building this, including your own, is that not enough for -------? Will she ever answer us?" The name blurred from her voice, being replaced with silence.

"It is not enough yet," The tall elven figure spoke, "But she hears us, and those who have passed will never be forgotten. We can only hope that she answers our prayers, or else.." the figure paused for a second, seeming to look in Bast and Mission's direction, "...we will lose this fight."

The small dwan elf was silenced after a huff, sadness lingering on her expression.

"Do not despair, old friend," The taller one shifted his gaze back to the dwan elf, "She will answer, I've seen it."

Bast glanced at Mission and gestured for her to follow him. He lead her away from the alter room, into one of the entrances that had been previously blocked off by bricks and verdure. Inside was was a room full of beds and a few healers, treating a large amount of wounded people, some bodies covered in blankets with crystals placed over them, dead. He pulled her through the room, trying to avoid touching anyone, and out through the other side. It was a balcony that overlooked a vast forest, part of it burning in the distance. It was warded to keep people out, and keep some from jumping over. Bast spoke quietly, "Before the city was fully built, that is how old this temple is. That part of the forest," he pointed a hand over a close patch of trees, two very large trees growing above the rest, "That is a town hidden beneath the tree tops, where the first constructs of the great elven city had begun, but it wasn't a peaceful thing. They fought to have the city built, but they relied on the gods, and other ancient entities....the blurry faced folk? they are Levhan, the first high elves, or well..what was left of them in that time. They lived and breathed magic, it was as much a part of them as the blood in their veins, but as far as I know, the last of them died protecting the city, or disappeared when the elven rebellion even began. There's only descendants, remnants of them alive in our time, but you wouldn't know it just by looking at them."

He sighed, "I got angry over something small, but that something is forgetting history, and all of the people that died building and protecting this place. Many high Elves barely know their origins as they truly are anymore, they don't speak the old tongue, and many believe the levhan are simply something of legend. I have tried to educate people in the past, but...this type of magic...it's not possible for the majority of people to learn, let alone withstand. It's a fragment of history, a reflection, but your mind can easily become lost in time. You're not a vegetable right now because you have some kind of blessing on you, it makes it easier for me to not lose you."

Last edited:
Mission stood taking Bast's hand and listened to him closely, she was focused on him - her eyes stared at his lips like she was taking in the words he spoke directly from the source - his warning important. She didn't know what was going to happen, but she gripped tightly onto his hands as soon as the scenery seemingly changed becoming something entire new than what it was now. Their surroundings, though quite familiar - vastly different. Mission thought the temple was beautiful before, but now it was godly, fresh, new. "H-how?"

She shut up seeing the other strange figures there, distinguishable in their face but to her they looked like elves with the odd other race dotted within there. She felt a buzz within her, something she only really felt when fighting with her sword, a magic of some kind that just seemed to naturally flow here. Mission's attention was brought to the figures beside the altar that walked closer to them. She deduced that they cannot be seen though she still felt slightly unnerved when they were looked directly at by the tall elven figure, she also had to fight the urge to reach out and touch them when they got close. The other hand still clutched tightly around Bast's she recoiled when she snapped out of her mindless wonder.

It didn't take much for her to move when he wanted to be followed, she complied readily and moved on, looking around at the beautiful and naturally scenery. They went into a more morbid environment, people being treated, deceased, Bast whisked around being actively trying to avoid them so Mission copied. They reached the Balcony and Mission's eyes locked onto the vast forest, her ears perked when Bast spoke she followed his gestures from then on.

"A Blessing." Solemtis popped into Mission's mind, her face almost flushed a red as she looked down from the town. Mission moved closer to Bast until they were shoulder to shoulder, her hand clasping a little tighter around his. "I'm sorry I've been giving you such a hard time since we met. I felt uneasy by you, but I think it's just because I didn't understand you. I don't know how you can do or know all this, but it's truly fascinating and I respect it. I can see why such things would irk you when you've seen so much of the truth that lies are what people live by... I... I get that... truly. How long do we have? I'd like you to show me more."

Bast's expression was quite stoic compared to how he usually portrayed himself, glancing at Mission when she got closer and apologized. His grip tightened, though he moved on to answer her question, "We can for as long as I can hold us here, so not too long, but I will tell you when we should head back. As I said before, we can't stray far from where we came, but we can explore most of the temple without leaving range..." his attention drifted to one of the entrances reaching the balcony before leading her there and down a set of steps, "The old temples always had other levels built into the ground or mountainsides that lead to a myriad of things. Whatever they felt they needed, or wanted, they would vote among themselves to put it together as a community. This temple...is a bit different compared to the others. The other ruins I've explored, shards of time I've witnessed, were protected both physically and magically. Traps and puzzles are common in elven ruins, but this temple is small compared to the green cities and their temples. It was quickly built, in a time of combat and chaos.." They ended their descent into a wide room which was covered in shelves, alchemic clutter decorating the candle lit wood, "....a place for healing and protection." Two alchemy tables lined up with different parts of the walls, a large amount of crystals being showcased and sheltered behind rough glass cases where they shown light on the books and empty seating near them.

Colorful light pulsated from beyond one of the open walls, a small pool of shining water feeding in to a garden of bioluminescent plants giving the darkness light. Purple fire salamanders and small, glowing spotted lithers kept within the garden happily. "I guess it's no surprise they'd have an alchemy garden, with so many healers around. Careful not to touch the water, it's not actually water...and not good for the mind. I try not to touch living things when doing this, too, it can quickly make these trips too hazy to see."

He shifted on his feet and kept leading her through the alchemy room and in to a room that had a larger pool of so called water at it's center, streaming out through crevices in the stone towards different stations, enchanting and smithing. It seemed two workers were busy there, talking to each other through the distance about the forest burning.

"I think they'll burn it all, what do you think?" the enchanter said to the smith.

The smith stopped his design to speak, "You better hope they don't, or we're all good as dead."

Bast blew air through his nose and pulled Mission across the room, making sure they both avoided the streams of glowing liquid. They were met with another set of steps leading to an upper floor. "One of the least magnificent of the lower floors I've seen, though that's to be expected in a temple of light, I suppose." He continued up the stairs, focused on the light from above as he spoke, "If you're too disappointed, I could always take you to a elven bath.."

"Ruins, of course," Bast added, "Not like the ones found within the city. The old elves somehow infused the water there with magic, it purifies itself, and even has healing and rejuvenating properties. Though, they can be a pain to get to, as they are usually well hidden. Those that weren't ended up drained." He had lead them to an area of the temple that connected to the alter room from the door right beside them. There were very few walls here, though crystals acted to power the clear wards around the area. Paintings covered the ground, tiles having been woven in to the murals that reflected the light around them. The main subjects painted before them were figures of a woman and three winged children made of yellows and whites, sheltered by a jagged ring of gold and orange. Around them were two beasts whose jaws were lined with sharp teeth and pointed towards either side of the outline, their forms painted black in contrast to the symbols of light. One looked to be some form of winged reptile, the other a form of canine, both equipped with multiple, red eyes. Part of the mural was off limits to the few elven and lehvan standing around, a levhan in stained robes and golden finger tips steadily at work on the painting behind a line of light.

"I didn't mention these two to Blu," Bast gestured to the two beasts, "The shadows under the light. The dwanish call him Shiaena, Dhar'era, Fen'vun," he said at first, directing those names to the canine, "It roughly means Sharptooth, Shade dog, Wolf of the Night. He's the origin of rebellion, betrayer to the light. Also thought to be the reason the magic curse of lycanthropy exists. Commonly called Fenshia." Bast then gestured to the dragon-like painting, "Banal alasnathan, Av'haura, Hamal'Alasna.... Roughly...it means Dark Scaled One, Golden tongue, The Dread serpent. Usually they just call her Hamalla. She's the Shadow, the serpent of deceit and protection, she coaxed the third child of light in to letting the shadows into their home, with the help if Fenshia, in hopes of dimming the light."

"Many high elves believe that, at least. The dwanish believe Hamalla only wished to obtain one of her eggs, which Fenshia, under the guise of a separate god, gifted the Mother of Light as a false symbol of peace. Fenshia had already grown a bond with the third child, as the wolf of night was tasked with watching over the all of the wilds come night fall, and when the third child could not rest, he would join Fenshia's watch to keep the wolf company under the protection of the Moon. Hamala recognized this, and asked for Fenshia's help to get her egg back, to which Fenshia agreed. Hamalla gained the child's trust through gifts and conversation per Fenshia's instruction, but when she did gain access to their home, she had barely retrieved her egg when the other two children found her and awoke their mother and father. The first night where the moon eclipsed the sun, Hamalla was thrown from their home, dropping her egg into the mortal realm. It cracked upon impact, becoming the origin of the first mortal dragons. Hamalla was punished to forever move among the shadows, Fenshia gaining the title of betrayer for helping Hamalla. Though, the reasoning behind his actions are....often misconstrued, but that is an entirely different story."

"The high elves have a different belief on the origins of dragons, of course. Simply that they are one of many fae released upon the world when it was first created."

Mission nodded and followed Bast, there wasn't much she needed to say and she just listened about all the things Bast could tell - she didn't know what she'd ever expect from Bast, but this was nice. Mission observed all the alchemy that was scattered across tables as they moved through the room, curious at the jars of materials and other items - she recognised a few plants that she'd use herself for medicines and to sell at markets to venders to get by. A little smile curled on her face when she spotted the Lither and Salamanders happily relaxing in their gardens, it was cute.

She wondered what had amused Bast when the two spoke about the Forest burning, he knew something she didn't. A smirk crept onto her face again at the mention of being taken to a Bath quickly saved. She did fancy one herself however, if she were to leave soon then it'd be nice to have a proper bath before taking to the wilderness. It also seemed like a waste to drain baths with healing properties, even if they were hidden and now found - maybe it was just sheer ignorance, or stupidity. Sounds like something her kind would do, anything not understood immediately would more than likely just be ruined.

Mission took a big interest in the painting, mainly Fenshia. The Dark Canine. Her hand tightened slightly around Bast's again, as he explained their story - it related to her, not truly, but only in the fact that she had done bad deeds as well, some would say evil. Banished from her home, she helped the King, who now has to move amongst the shadows. She almost laughed, letting air out through her nose.

"Dragons."
Mission mused, "I think I'd like to properly meet one, I swear I saw one in the North. But that may have just been the cold getting to me, I had my eye on it long enough to doubt it being an illusion - but it moved fast through the sky. Ah well. Met many Dragons, Bast?"

"I suppose it depends on what you consider meeting," Bast said, twiddling the fingers on his free hand, "I'm..not too sure myself of how many I may have met. I've had inklings, little clues like their energy, or their scent....I'm not too surprised you might have seen one in the north. Though, ask most people and they will say they were killed to extinction years ago. People forget some dragons were highly intelligent as well as powerful creatures. They could talk, communicate with people... They could, and still do, disguise themselves as mortals. The ones killed off were the weaker ones, the no-tongues. Too weak to transform or speak more than a few mortal words. So...I don't know how many I've met over time. You've probably met one or two yourself without even knowing."

Bast turned slightly to look at Mission, "I don't think there is much else to show you here. So, do you have any questions?"

The concept of dragons was truly interesting, mostly because her father was obsessed over them and loved to talk about how they walked amongst us like Bast had just suggested. He also was famous for his Dragon story, which he swears is true but most just humour him because of his stature in the midlands. Mission believed him, there was a passion in her father when he talked about it and he rarely lied - she could tell when he did. She missed him. Mission looked at Bast and then back at the painting.

"Who are you?"

Bast's expression shifted, though it could easily be read as caution, processing thought, or a subtle mixture of both. He glanced from her to the mural. It was perhaps too late for him to fold too far within himself, but he wasn't sold on sharing his whole truth. "That...is a very heavy question, something I'm not sure of myself. Though, you could always find out yourself."

"I will."

Mission smirked.

"Thanks for this, by the way. I don't know how we'll treat each other after this but I'll always remember it."

"Ay, everyone deserves a chance to learn," Bast said, giving a half smile before he began leading them back to the alter room, "I'm grateful that you were willing to listen, but.. I won't be able to hold us here forever." He took them back to the spot where they had begun, taking a last look at the magnificence of the temple in silence. Just for a moment, before he spoke again. "By the way... I know it isn't my place, and I don't really care who you bed, but be careful with deities." Bast didn't give too much time to respond to his warning before the world around them skipped and the weight of their bodies became more noticable. The ruins had returned, and the others were now standing beside the two, a look of curiosity covering the face of the majority, the hybrid however showed mild disappoinment directed at Bast.

"Everything alright?" Mircea asked pointedly, Blu clutching the elf's leg.

"Of course! I was just- showing Mission a little magic trick. Everything's fine."

Tillian was away from the rest, as if he were standing guard by the entrance of the temple. Bast glanced at him and then back to the others, "Did we keep you for too long?"

"We were just concerned," Felan responded, "I believe, if everyone has made their prayers, we should perhaps head back. Noon will arrive shortly after we reach my home."

"Ay, we were supposed to go back to the castle at noon." Bast nodded, rubbing the back of his neck.

Felan again took the lead of those who followed with Tillian's help, taking them back to his residence. It was easier coming down, versus climbing the partly hilled stone of the upper city.

Mission had a good last look around with him, and then he spoke. She stared at his face, her expression shifting a bunch - more surprised that he had only just brought it up after such an interesting experience. That was just the way of Bast she supposed. Though her eye squinted and she poked his chest as the temple ruins had revealed itself again. "I.." Just as she jabbed him with her finger and began to spoke she noticed she was being watched by the majority of the ground. She eyed them all, and then looked back at Bast - giving him a gentle slap on the cheek. "I didn't know."

As Mircea questioned the disguised elf she walked passed him taking Blu's hand smiling down at him. Though her ears perked up at the discussion of going to the castle. They may run a little late.

As they reached the residence there was a new presence outside of the Gates. A Carriage led by a couple white horses. The carriage itself was decorated with a silver sigil, a fragmented dragon curled up hoarding a golden heart within itself. It was a very ornamental coach, the driver was an elderly human man dressed in robes that were slightly darker but matched the Carriage. Feeding the horses was none other than Khorazaldana. Her sharp eyes flicker over to the group as they make their way to the house.

"Ah they return." The dark woman approaches slowly, bowing politely before Felan, "I've heard many a great things about you and your household, Lord Naevyre. And I would love to stay and chat with you finally, but I believe we are late to meet a King. As such I've come to give your guests a lift to the Castle, if that is okay with you?"

"Of course," Felan had bowed himself in greeting as he could, his gaze shifting to his company once lifted, "By all means join her. I'm ashamed, I didn't realize the time."

"It's quite alright, Dear, neither did we." Esra said, looking over her friends. Tillian removed himself from his brother's side, doing as he was told to do. Bast seemed hesitant to do so at first, though he did recognize Khora from the events of the night before. He reached over and pet Blu's head.

"Got your crystals, tyke?"

Blu nodded, lifting his wrist to show the disguised human. Bast nodded in return, "Good, don't forget to let them sit in the sun."

"I wont forget," Blu replied, gently nodding his head again.

Bast then turned to Mircea saying, "Tell the others I said bye if we don't get the chance, especially Foxy," before he joined Tillian, giving Esra a flick to the noggin as he passed.

Mircea huff, his attention turning to Blu soon after, "We don't know if they'll be able to stop by again before they leave."

"They're going to save the princess?" Blu asked curiously, continuing once Mircea nodded again, his gaze turning to Mission, "but....How long will you be gone?"

Khora bowed her head again with a smirk, "The King will surely understand that you all needed to prepare."

The human man climbed down from the driver's seat, he was blonde moustached and his hair slicked back and shiny. He was very quiet, his piercing blue eyes didn't look at anyone else's and preferred to look up into the distance. He opened the carriage door and let Bast & Tillian inside. The Kenku followed him, sitting opposite of the disguised human inside, Quiet fidgeted for a moment before leaning his elbow on window frame on the opposite side of the open carriage door. On the Kenku's side hanging between the bench was a hanging cage covered with a cloth, it rattled for a moment. Tillian would most likely be very interested in it (you'll see xd).

Mission took a moment as Blu questioned the length of her departure, she felt her heart sink as he looked up at her. She managed a smile and go to his height her hands on his shoulders.

"Oh, not long. I've had plenty of practice saving princess' with you around." She let out a chuckle as she teased the boy. "You will see me. Soon." She hugged him tightly.

Eventually Mission let go and strode off to the Carriage, Khora was waiting for her halfway up the step - she gave the others a wave and went inside. Mission followed, turning to look at Blu for only a moment before going. Khora sat on the Kenku's side, Mission sat beside Tillian who was in the middle of her and Bast. Khora and Quiet looked comfortable, the other three made do. Mission tried to keep her hands to herself as the Carriage moved away. Before anything was said, Khora addressed the elephant in the room and removed the covered cage revealing a captured Fairy.

"Found this little creature at my house, I believe there were a few that found their ways around the city after the attack." Khora's eyes scanned across the carriage, looking at everyone's reactions. Her eyes finally finding the Kenku on the other side of the cage. Quiet was pressed up against the corner of the Carriage as far as he could be, butt hanging out of the window. She chuckled. "Don't worry it's tame right now." Quiet didn't care what she had to say about it, the bird remained quite aware of it's proximity to the pest.

"I believe we can use this to track our princess. The fairy will want to return to whom ever commands it."

Mission's eyes narrowed, "How do we know it won't take us on a wild goose chase?"

"Oh I wholeheartedly believe it won't."
Khora's nose almost pokes through the bars of the cage as she could terrifyingly close from the fairy's perspective, the creature trembled in fear of it's captor.

"Well. If we don't pick up a good lead, I'll notice."

"I believe you."
She sat back, taking her eyes off the Fairy and looking at the others.

Eventually the carriage slowed, talking could be heard outside. Khora covered the Fairy cage again. Khora poked her head out and saw an elvish guard approaching them, clutching a spear he was fully armoured. Khora spoke up pretty quickly as he moved up beside her window.

"The King is expecting us."

"Name?"

Khora pouted playfully, "Silve'scalos, Khorazaldana."

The guard looked at two hooded Elf mages with their hands pressed together. He nodded at them, but they didn't respond immediately. "Anomaly beside the Noble Lady."

Khora bit the inside of her lip, "It's a Fairy that I captured. It will help us."

The Guard opened the door and his hand poked in, gesturing for them to give him something. "No Fae in the castle. We'll give the creature back once it's deemed save."

Khora rolled her eyes and handed the cage over to the guard, he took it and nodded at the mages again. They nodded back and the Carriage was let into the Castle. The group was led through the Castle to the meeting room, there were already people there standing around the room's table. Not many however, amongst them was a Red Headed Woman with her arms crossed leaning against a pillar around the edges of the room. It seemed Khora knew this person greeting her with a head bow, the other didn't reply, her gaze moved back towards the table to the King. The group paid respect.

"Sorry about the lateness your Highness. They were preparing for their departure something thorough."

"It's quite alright," King Mirion responded, some relief to his serious expression. "It seems you're not the only ones late this afternoon," His violet gaze flicked to the doors behind them as someone else entered in. It was an impline the color of black indigo, his horns barely visible against a mop of dark braids. The impline quietly paid respects to the king, his get up making some awkward noise in the silence of the room. Mirion gently gestured for them to join the group, "Come, everyone, we were just about to begin." The impline joined in near to an elf he seemed familiar with. The elf's head was shaved on either side and the black hair in the middle kept relatively short, the visible pale scalp covered in markings that trailed to the back of his neck and down the high collar of his layered clothing. His deep set, crystal blue eyes were focus on the king, the implines own pink gaze taking in their company.

Bast and Tillian simply joined the others, Bast coming to hold his arms behind his back when the king began speaking.

"My men haven't had time to fully analyze the traces of magic used against us last night. However, thanks to their diligent work we have more than enough to begin tracking them as we are now..." Mirion glanced over to the blue eyed elf, a slender hand gently gesturing towards him with familiarity as the king continued to speak, "But, well... Fenra, do you mind?"

Fenra seemed, for a second, uneasy when the spotlight was shoved on him; however, he quickly gathered himself back into the solemn, focused person he was before most could notice, "The magic that is centered on the celebration hall is a chaotic mess that must be sifted through, and they are working on that tirelessly. We believe it was made so purposefully, but it is also mixed with....other magic, that is making it difficult. I wasn't there when the castle was attacked, but I heard of both man and beast taking part. In other words...Using the traces of magic there is possible and will do for a time, but it will quickly become unreliable the farther you're taken from castle." Fenra glanced around the table, "You will need a secondary source to track them down."

"You're not coming?" The impline at Fenra's side asked without realizing it, just as quickly silencing himself when Fenra looked to him.

"It's alright," Mirion smiled gently, gathering the attention back to him, "Fenra will be going, but he...is a special case. He will be following his own source alongside the party, at my request. As such, the group as a whole will need a second, more reliable source."

Fenra nodded once in agreement, "The fae that left traces within the hall, their magic is a natural source even if corrupted. Also, such creatures are not naturally tamed or persuaded, especially when corrupted. They were being controlled. Meaning, so long as the fae remains alive, it will remain a reliable source. "

Bast tried to subtly nudged Tillian who stood beside him, something that seemed to catch the attention of most of the people at the table as Tillian slightly jumped.

"Ah, young Lord Naevyre," King Mirion set his knowing sights on the half elf. "You work with Lady Frevold, do you not?" he waited for Tillian to nod to continue, "Then, I trust that you would be more than capable of apprehending such a creature, and know how to kill it if you must?"

Tillian looked as if he were about to speak before Fenra spoke himself, some concern to his clear voice, "I don't think apprehension will be necessary, your majesty. There was an anomaly reported when your latest guests arrived, the creature is still on castle grounds."

"Is that so?" King Mirion quickly looked back to the group, his calm expression expectant of response or explanation.

Mission's attention was immediately drawn to the handsome dark Impline, her eyes widened only slightly - remembering something from her past, a moment. Her men and the Midgard Army would've called this a Northern Impline, but Mission knew it was something more - she did not expect to see this creature here. Her finger's twitched, she had the momentary urge to reach for her blade. Though she snapped out of it when the King spoke.

Khora took a small step forward, a raised lanky finger sticking out of her fist, "Ah yes, before I get incarcerated allow me to explain. I managed to catched one of the Fae brought here, I have a way with that kind and it's now under my control. I can use it to find the source and hopefully. Your daughter."

She slightly circled the table, moving towards where the Thendrim was standing, eyeing her stoic expression for a moment before addressing the King once more.

"Whoever is tagging along I invite to my abode for the evening, prepare there and depart as soon as midnight hits. Get out of the city at night, less chance of being reported on by spies that way. Plus it gives us a good head start, I doubt they'd expect we have one of their Fairies on our side. Will there be an assigned leader?"

"Yes."
The Orange haired lady finally spoke, she walked out from the shadow of the room and approached the table. She was quite short, but very muscular - hair was wavy and up in a ponytail. Her eyes gold and a gentle point on her ears. Her canines looked sharp, a constant frown supporting her mean look. She wore a very similar attire to her sister, Valkyrie showing off her abs and no weapons on her.

Khora smirked, "Of course. How much did my dear beg to come along?"

"An insufferable amount. We duelled on it. I won."

Mission liked her.

"Indeed, Lady Reverie Thendrim has been appointed the leader of this group," King Mirion confirmed, gesturing towards Reverie for those who looked unaware, "Since this is a fairly...patchwork group, there will be one other person of authority, but Lady Thendrim will be the captain. All persons should follow her lead or face consequences, should you return." Mirion looked over the party as he spoke, his expression quickly shifting to a smile, "Eldest Lady Frevold will be the second in command. She would be here right now, but she's helping me with a task. If you would, before heading to Lady Silve'scalos' home, meet in the armory down the hall. I've had a few things from my personal collection prepared that I'm more than willing to spare."

The king then turned to Fenra, "Gather the fae before the guardsmen kill it, and return it to Lady Silve'scalos." Fenra gently nodded and left the room.

"Not you, Mystos," Mirion spoke up, stopping the impline in his tracks before he could follow Fenra. The elf king took a few steps towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder, "I was surprised to see you join us. Come, lets get you better armor. I owe your mother that much."

Mystos nodded, his thin tail hovering low and brushing the ground with the tuft of hair at its end as Mirion guided him from the room. "Come along, if you will," Mirion spoke to the others.

Bast and Tillian looked at the others before following after the king. He lead them towards the armory, the tall doors already open wide for them. Bast recognized the knight that greeted them there, she was the same one who was protecting the prince despite being injured herself last night. In fact, there was something else familiar about her. Her hair was a chocolate brown, her skin lightly tanned and freckled, but what really looked familiar was the shape of her facial features and the green eyes she sported. Bay was nearly the spitting image of the woman, if not obviously shorter than her mother. Beside her stood Prince Corvin, a look of annoyance on his features as he moved away from the approaching people.

"Lady Frevold! I see you've finished," Mirion spoke with a delighted tune to his voice.

"Yes, your majesty, only just." Regalia said, coming to look over the various sets of armor, weapons, potions, and so on that nearly covered the room, "it will take some time to fit them for armor, but there are plenty of choices. These folks," she gestured to a few of the servants standing about, "They've helped put them together, and know more about some of the enchantments than I do."

"Good! Thank you dearly, Regalia."

"Tillian?" Lady Frevold questioned, the half elf catching her attention when she recognized him, "Are you coming in place of Bay?"

Tillian nodded, "Bay is busy hunting the fae set loose in the city.."

"Oh, I see," Regalia seemed visibly disappointed, "Pardon my question, I had been hoping she would join."

"Sorry to disappoint," Tillian responded, walking away from the half armored elf to look at armor himself. Regelia didn't realize how she could've come off until Tillian had left, the realization showing on her face.

Mirion gently pushed Mystos forward towards Regalia before she could follow Tillian, "If you would, help this young man. He is...less than prepared." Lady Frevold nodded, her mood quickly changing to something more lighthearted as the two began to speak. Mystos told her of his fighting preferences, the elf listening intently before taking him off to look at armor pieces.

Bast moved to the right of the room, looking over there and occasionally asking the appointed servant about pieces.

Fenra arrived some moments after, cage and fairy safely on hand.

Khora bowed politely as the King referenced the safety of her fairy joining the group as they are led towards the Armoury. She trailed Reverie, though didn't speak to her just yet. Khora noticed Prince Corvin pretty quickly, her eyes narrowed slightly as she looked to him in hopes he spotted her gaze. Nodding at him if he were to look at her, a smirk on her features. He would hear a message in his mind. "My House. Tonight." Her voice was recognisable, even with a slight echo.

Mission's attention was on the other person in the room. Bay's Mother. She decided that elves were amazing, still managing to look young as mothers. She almost pouted. But enough fawning over Women, more fawning over this free arsenal of armour she would be allowed to pick from.

At this moment Mission felt more comfortable with Bast of all people, mostly because the Kenku was already staring at elvish knives, picking them up one by one and pocketing the ones he deemed suitable. Which was most of them. She also moved to the right of the room looking at certain pieces. She didn't directly approach him straight away, as she was indeed curious about the armour, she gestured for some help from one of the servants. "Yeah sorry, so I wear just gauntlets on their own when I fight, not full armour. Do you mind if I get just a pair of them?" She wasn't going to turn down the opportunity for free Royal Elven Gauntlets. It'd be a story. As the Servant trotted off and started to prepare something for her she eventually found Bast's side. "See anything you like?"

"Oh I don't use armour or weapons deary.
" Khora responded to a servant who had politely approached her, "I'm here to muse." The servant left her and moved on, none approached Reverie, they knew well enough that the famous Dragon Fist of Yefadorei doesn't wear armour.

"I thought you were settling down." The orange haired woman finally spoke to Khora, her arms crossed.

Khora slowly turned, "Hm, well what's one last hurrah in support of our King?"

"I find it strange, you're quite the patriot nowadays. My sister is all you ever cared about a few years ago."

"And she still is the only thing I will ever truly care about. I just like to have...hobbies."

They both grinned. Reverie looked at the rest of the group of people that'd be joining her, "Rag tag bunch indeed. Though...I heard she was impressive during the attack." Reverie nodded her head towards Mission near Bast, "Don't look that impressive."

"She's quite something actually. I'm fond of her. Never seen a Minotaur drop so fast to a Human."

Reverie leaned back a little, her eyebrow arched at the Noble. "Down girl."

"Huh. Nothing like that."

"Mm, a few things," Bast said, glancing over the armor, "The little servant told me we're more than welcome to mix and match if we so choose, which makes this much easier. I don't usually wear a full set of armor, they're stuffy and hard to move in."
The servant came back with three sets of gauntlets and greaves for Mission, one made of a gold tinted light metal, one of crystal glass, and the last made of a dark, leathery appearing metal. All of them held placements for augments and rings, but none of them seemed to weigh much from the looks of it.

"Fenra!" Mystos said happily when he emerged from the back room, his old armor replaced by pieces fitted to his form. Fenra stopped near him at the back of the armory, the impline pulling his amused attention away from the kenku.

"Wearing them already?" Fenra questioned, fingers hooked solidly around the circular ring at the top of the covered cage, his free hand held at his back.

Mystos nodded and spoke, moving his arms around freely, "Ay, they told me to check to see if I moved well enough in them."

"And? Do you?"

"Hm, I don't know, maybe I should check-" as Mystos spoke the second part, he lunged himself at Fenra. The elf simply turned on his feet, dodging the impline and coming to lightly kick the back of his legs when he started to catch himself. Mystos did manage to catch himself, though it just before hitting the ground and a moment too late. Fenra placed a foot on his back and Mystos gave in.

"Dead." The elf said, looking down at the impline. Mystos groaned, Fenra removing his foot from his back as he sat up. Fenra continued to speak as he helped him to his feet, "The left greave is too tightly done and the shoulder too small, make sure you don't fasten it as tightly... and get a bigger one for your shoulder."

"Alright," Mystos nodded, slightly pouting.

Mystos went back to the room just as Tillian left it with his own pieces. The half elf wore clothing and armor quite different from his usual greens, blues, and whites. It was more armor than clothing, spare a few pieces, and mostly made of dark, matte metals. Another sword was added to the one he already owned, a thicker yet shorter one. Yet, he kept the various symbols and trinkets he always wore, included the emerald teardrop jewel hung from his ear. Tillian eyed the cage as he walked passed. He made his way over to Mission and Bast, leaning against the wall and crossing his arms as Bast asked the servant to gather a few things for him. It was almost out of character to see Tillian to stand or look such a way, a visible expression of discomfort on his face as he stared at the cage.

"Agreed." Mission smirks. When the armour is presented before her, she is immediately drawn to the dark leathery set; though that was on instinct and not what she truly wanted. The Crystal Glass was, spectacular, she was drawn to it and desired it the most out of the three. Though it would draw far too much attention, in her opinion and to carry such value like that around even after this quest might make her a target as she could not promise she would return it. The gold tinted light metal, would draw attention yes - but it still resembled that elvish beauty and less valuable. Mission chose them, begrudgingly. She started to put them on to try and make adjustments, legs first - Gauntlets second.

After the Kenku had taken enough knives he trotted around taking in the sights. Drawn to the event between the Elf and the Impline taking place the Bird crouched down in front of Mystos' pouty face. The bird was fond of the Impline, as it was of Blu. The Kenku followed him to the back room, out of curiosity to see the armour get refit.

Mission stood back up, she observed her leg armour and moved her foot comfortably without it clashing too much with her ankle armour. She was satisfied with how she fit it - she had plenty of practice after all. Tillian joined them as she started messing with the Gauntlet straps, she gave him a good look up and down. "You look really good Tillian, you remind me of one of my old friends bar the pointy ears - good soldier, though you're better looking." She teased, trying to at the very least - ease him.

Khora strolled over to Fenra who had the Cage, she took a peak under it for a moment to see that all was swell. "Fenra was it? My name is Khorazaldana Silvé'scalos, thanks for retrieving my Fairy."

Reverie looked at the Cage then back at Fenra, then to Khora, "You like saying your long name don't you?"

Khora ignored her and continued, "It's rare I see someone I barely know, or at all. The Midnight Impline I know of and you two seem quite friendly."

"I think we should save the introductions until we're at your place."

Khora waved her hand at the short noble.

Bast left the two to try his own selection out while Tillian gave her a very slight smile, "Thank you, Mission." He was quiet again for a moment, his shoe gently tapping on the tile before he spoke again, "what do you think she will do with the fairy when we're done?" He spoke softly, though there wasn't much caution or mischief to his tone.

Fenra actively listened to the two, his solemn expression becoming somehow friendly after a moment, "There's no grievance, miss Silvé'scalos. It has been surprisingly calm for one such creature." He offered the cage to Khora, "It is...no surprise that I'm unheard of. I do not often draw near to the city or the rumors of nobles. Mystos was a traveling companion of mine for a while."

"Ay, I asked him to come see the festival this year." Mystos said, fixing a strap on the shoulder piece as he emerged, his eyes bouncing between the kenku following him and the others.

Mission pulled a strap tight and observed her right hand, clutching it. Her attention went back to Tillian, "I don't really know. I'm sure those procedures Bay has taught you on how to deal with this sort of thing is annoying that brain of yours. You'll just have to intervene if you feel the need to, you're the one with the most Fae expertise here... She's not stupid, I don't think she'll kill it if that's what you're worried about."

Khora took the cage back into her ownership and lifted it to her head height, peering back under it's cover. She whispered to the creature for a few moments. Though she still remained listening to the Elf. As Mystos approached she lowered the cage again and tilted her head.

"Interesting. Though it seems you've been roped into more than just a festival, huh? The gods deemed you a necessity on this Journey Fenra."

The Kenku stuck behind Mystos staying away from the Fae's cage but remaining close to the Impline. He observed his tail for a bit before looking around seemingly aimlessly.

Reverie watched the others of the group, just passively observing how they acted, how they presented themselves. The Kenku was intriguing to say the least, the black haired woman seemed uncomfortable yet confident though she was more curious about how she fought, the effeminate elf that was still making choice was a mystery though she had a negative feeling from him. The others, Khora she knew and Bay's Mother a well known Knight she knew of - mostly due to the detriment of her daughter which was a shame. Mystos was young and Fenra was a mystery as well. She'd need to get a gauge on what they could all do later. "Apologies your majesty, but I'm going to go make a few preparations whilst I still have the time. I'll be back to take him off your hands. I'll meet the rest of you all later." She bowed and didn't stay for any departing responses, leaving the Armoury to go about the business she needed to.

"I'm not worried about that," Tillian responded, "death is more natural to them than being controlled. The fae aren't pets or caged birds..." He quieted, realizing he was, in a way, projecting his concerns into assumptions. He rubbed the side of his head, a huff escaping.

"Perhaps," Fenra responded, leaning over as he moved to look at the small kenku who seemed less than social. "And what do they call you by?"

Corvin took Reverie's departure as a chance to slip away from his father, leaving just after her and disappearing down the open hall.

Mystos looked mildly disappointed by this, watching the prince flee, "Corvin left...I was hoping to speak with him, but....the king intimidates me."

"Still?" Fenra glanced back up from the kenku, not looking surprised. He took a moment to change his response when Mystos gave a hurt expression. "Why not follow him, then?"

Mystos shook his head, coming to fiddle with the strap of his gauntlet, "I wont be bothering Corvin grieving, lest I become his next punching bag."

"Understandable, I suppose." Fenra said, subtly backing off from the subject.

Bast returned to Mission and Tillian with his armor fastened together into a pack that he slung over his shoulder. His brows scrunched together, "grumbling about the fairy?"

"Shut up," Tillian retorted.

Bast did, for a short moment, glancing at the wall as if he were thinking or hiding guilt. His tone quickly changed lighter, "You know," the disguised human smiled, "We could all use some time to relax. Maybe have a drink, take a bath, get some rest? OI," Bast called to the other group of people in the armory. His suddenly loud voice made the impline jump. "Is everyone ready?"

King Mirion gave a small, amused smile, "He's a lively one, hm?" He said to Regalia, the knight already sighing from expected exhaustion. "If you are ready to leave the castle, I will send word to the guards to let you through." The king spoke to the room.

Mission placed her hand on Tillian's shoulder, "We'll get to it when we get to it, at the moment it's that Fairy or the King's Daughter." Her voice had hushed to a whisper. She then took the moment to rotate her shoulders and move her elbows, she felt pretty good in these and she enjoyed the light more regal colour instead of her standard dull armour.

The kenku blinked at Fenra, he brought his finger up to the tip of the beak making a shushing gesture at the Elf. The Kenku mimicked Guilty's way of speaking and voice perfectly, not that Fenra would know who that is, "Quiet called Quiet."

Mission was looking forward to getting that final proper bath in before heading out, enjoy some civilisation before heading out on the survival trek again. Bast seemed eager to get out, she however had one more thing to pick up - the rest may not have thought of it straight away, but a good bow and some arrows for hunting would not go amiss. Plus she was slightly excited to try and elven longbow for the first time in a long while, they were supposedly easy to draw but retained the power of a taut shortbow. She picked up a white wood bow, rock salt grip with a blue and gold tertiary colours that wrapped around it's limbs, the bowstring was black and the whole thing was almost as tall as her. She took a quiver of arrows and placed it on her back too - about 40 to a pouch.

As the King addressed them about leaving Mission slowly approached him and Regalia, she gained confidence enough to finally step before the royalty. Probably due to having a good weapon in her hands. She politely bowed before him, "I promise on my life to return your daughter to you." There was a fire in her that had resurfaced since the disastrous night, plus her constant thoughts of a similar thing happening to Blu would put her on this determined path.

Khora smiled, "See you soon your highness." She then led whomever joined her out of the armoury and through the castle. Back to her carriage she got inside, though she made clear to the others that Mystos and Fenra join her inside, the Kenku also joined them along with Tillian. Mission was fine with this though didn't know if Bast took it too well, she took a seat beside the driver - Bast lay on the roof. It took about half an hour to get to Khora's estate.

It was a large building with two smaller but still quite large buildings on either side of it, surrounded by a wall that was overgrown with Ivy. The front gate was a silver colour with a carved metal dragon's body intertwined around the bars it's wings overlapped both sides of the gate and it's slightly angled head was predominantly on the right half of the gate. Khora waved her hand inside the carriage as they approached and it opened for them.

The carriage carried on down a path, eventually circling around a fountain and pulling up outside the porch. Khora exited first as her driver opened the door for them, she stepped down and was greeted with a line of her servants.

"I currently have six guests, assign a room to each of them though we won't be here long and I have potentially three other guests showing up." She then addressed the others, "You all can do what you like, though I do want to get going as soon as the next day starts. I'll be here all evening to get us ready. I have a personal library and a games room for your entertainment, also I have my own bath house, it's the building west of the grounds and on the right of the grounds a stable and archery range. Hm. Oh and if you get hungry, the servants will get you food - my chef is called Veronica, she's quite good."

----​

She looked wild. Her maroon skin showed quite clearly though it stood out more against the white furs around her back and her white hair, though even with such a bulky garment she showed a lot of skin which pleased the drunken men in the tavern - located on a road in the middle of no where. She sat alone, but not for long as a group of them surrounded her in an attempt to chat, flirt, or just generally harass.

"Oi where you from?"

"You look strong for a pretty woman."

Her ice blue eyes flickered from her mug to the men around her, asking about her, commenting on her appearance. She remained silent though, which irked them - her continued seeming concentration on her drink was annoying to them. One decided to grab her drink and finish it for her...

They followed the servants to their rooms before diverging on to their own paths. Bast managed to wrangle Mystos and Tillian in to going with him to the festival after exchanging a few verbal blows with them, Fenra staying behind to bathe and rest.

"Alright!" Bast chimed as they reached the nearest tavern, the city bustling with music and chattering folk now that the festivities had begun. It was almost as if the events of last night were forgotten, if only for a short period of time. The disguised human smirked, "we'll see who can drink who under the table, purple man! Tillian will be our designated judge, so make sure we don't cheat."

"How do you cheat at drinking?" Mystos questioned.

"Magic," Tillian answered, looking at the welcoming barkeep as they sat at an empty table. Bast quickly called for drinks for everyone, including Tillian and the Kenku. "I don't drink much," Tillian said.

"When's a better time than a celebration to drink, then?" Bast asked, a confident grin on his features.

Tillian looked to Mystos with concern, a last attempt to let him escape, "Are you sure you want to drink against him?"

"Of course!" Mystos said, looking rather determined, "I gotta' protect my pride somehow after being insulted!"

Tillian rolled his eyes at Bast's mischief, assuming it was the man's way of amusing himself for a time. He would probably leave him with a drunk impline once bored.

The waitress dropped off a few drinks at their table, Bast asking her to refill his and Mystos' once emptied. The two began their drinking contest, Tillian watching them and grimacing at the sour taste of alcohol when drank from his own drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back