• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Aerumen

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Mission wasn't picky about her room, it was more than she would ask for - just it having a bed was good enough and so chose pretty quickly. Though she didn't wander off into it and decided to continue with the rest of the tour led by the high elf. He was a nice man, not something you'd expect with a lot of nobles especially with strangers, most would've got someone like Tillian or another servant to do the tour. But even as an ill man, he put the effort to be a good host.

As they approached Foxy's room and it was revealed to her, the large woman walked in with visible awe on her face. This room was bigger than her old one when she was younger. Much bigger. It was glorious. Foxy turned to look at Feleandal, she had to resist the urge to dive on him to give him a hug and instead just squeaked out a,

"Thank you. No offence taken at all. This is amazing!" She then turns around and walks up to the bed, she sits gently on it. It was soft. She could get plenty of comfortable sleep on this, her cheeks hazed red at the thought.

Mission turned her attention to Feleandal as he explained to them something he wished of them. She raised her eyebrow at his request, a birthday and a festival. A lot of ways for nobles to earn the King's favour, but also as Mircea said potential ways to hurt a prince.

"Tomorrow wow, well it's a good thing you got those clothes prepared for us now isn't it Esra?" Mission smiled, "I will be willing to go to, It's been a very long time since I've attended something so formal, it'd be nice to... get the chance to do that again."

"Well, I did have a hunch that we'd meet some nobles," Esra said, rubbing the back of her head, "I didn't say anything because I wasn't sure exactly."

Bast came back into the room after collecting Blu from the gardens, "I'll go, but Blu and Mircea will have to come."

Mircea gave him an annoyed glance before smiling, "Ay, I can go. I don't mind the palace, and I could teach Blu about elven history there."

"A palace?" Blu asked, an excite look on his face, "Like a castle?! I want to go!"

Bast chuckled, placing the boy on his feet, "We've got things to do first, tyke."

"Ah, I nearly forgot," Mircea said, looking to Mission, "We need to find L'uaderell."

"L'uaderell?" Felan chimed, "The priestess?"

"Ay, I was told we could find her here." Mircea said, eyeing the gaunt elf.

"Normally she would be in the temple in the lower city," Felan said, "However, she is preparing for the festival. She wont leave the inner sanctum until it is time for the star fall prayer."

"Is there any way we can speak to her?" Esra asked.

" Is it so important? Well....I'm afraid that isn't for me to say," Felan answered with some regret, "You will have to ask her apprentice. In the lower city, near the Ule Tree. The temple is still there, it hasn't changed. Her apprentice is named Nelyan."

"Oh, thank you!" Esra quickly hugged his side, making him lose his balance some. She looked up to the others, "I think I will stay behind for now. I want some time to catch up with Felan, but you should try to reach her."

"If you'll excuse me, I need to rest my legs," Felan said, a weak smile on his face as Esra grabbed his free hand and led him from the room.

Mircea sighed, "She hasn't seen him in years, I think it is understandable." He looked to the others, "Well, those of you who want to come with us, we're going to find that apprentice." His hand rose to gesture for Bast to follow him as he left the room.

Blu grabbed Mission's wrist, urging her to follow after the two men. "We can see the city on foot! C'mon!" He exclaimed with energy he hadn't had in days.

Mircea made a stop at the caravans, moving to knock on Arbonath's wall, "Say, we're going to see the city a bit. Want to come, or are you settled for now?"

It looked as though trying to speak to this Priestess was going to be more of a task than they thought, the festival sort of getting in the way. Though now that they were in the city it's not like they were in much of a rush anymore. Mission thought why not? Especially since Blu was getting quite excited about walking around, it's not like she wasn't curious herself. It was like Lythrope again, but this city was a different kind of wonder.

"Alright Blu."
-

Arbonath took a moment, stopping his tinkering as he listened - it was definitely a knock and then a familiar muffled voice. He put his tools back slowly and then opened to door to his wagon. His head popping out and looking around - he moved out and then his expression landed on Mircea.

"Hmm, well I do need to do a lil shoppin. Also gotta pop to some smiths."

The candle in Mission's head lit up, "Oh yeah. Me too. The Blacksmiths I mean."

Arbonath cleaned his hands with a cloth, "Uh huh? Copy cat? Fine, I might wander off from the group. Pay me no mind." The Dwarf then turned his attention back to Mircea, "Lead the way lad."

"GUILTY COME TOO!"
And as the Goblin screams this she runs up from behind Arbonath and leaps onto his back, shoulder and then jumps at Mission, latching onto the side of her body. Mission almost curses, but just manages to stop herself. "Guilty curious too."

"Get off me."

Guilty tilts her head and rolls her eyes, climbing down off Mission slowly an then straightening herself. She was wearing her usual clothes now.

"Guilty go see Magic School. Where is Magic School?"

Mircea nodded, a small smile settled on his smooth features, "Very well. I'm not sure how the shops have changed, but the academy is close to the Ule Tree as well." He glanced over the group, taking note of those who followed before pulling in a deep breath. It seemed Tillian and Correll returned to them at some point. "Lets go on then."

They were let out of the gate by an armored man wearing a cloak of emerald green, a white fang embroidered into the back. He nodded when Mircea wished him well, the hybrid leading the group of people onward. He took to the stone steps that led to the lower city, pausing when they reached a curve of the ramp. "Look there," He lifted a hand to point at a large tree in the distance. It was overgrown, thick roots implanted into the stone, entangled leaves giving shade to the buildings beneath it. Various sources of light shown through the branches, moving with the wind as it blew through. "That is the Ule tree. It is the only tree still left standing grown from the Goleth Tree after...well, a war elven ancestors fought with humans."

Blu looked over the thick railing at the tree, his expression squished together,"What's the Goleth Tree?"

"That, little one, is the eldest living tree in the west and most of the world, that we know of," Mircea said, amusement livening his tone, "However, very few can reach it. The Ule Tree was grown from a single piece taken from the Goleth Tree many years ago."

The boy's features didn't change, his confusion only deepening," What is so special about them?"

"Well," Mircea paused, "The Goleth Tree is said to naturally produce magic, from the seeds it drops to the sap it bleeds. It also cannot be burned with natural fire."

Blu nodded, his expression relaxing as he looked back to the tree despite the curiosity that boiled inside.

"Come along," Mircea gently touched the impline's head, leading them further down the ramp and into the city below. Blu held onto Bast's hand, looking back at the others, his gaze closing in on Tillian, "Why did you come?"

Tillian glanced down at him, his arms crossed along his chest, "I'm simply making sure all of Lady Alfdorn's guests don't get lost."

"All? Can't keep an eye on everyone?" Bast smirked at the backs in front of him, as if it were something easy.

"Of course not, I am only one person," Tillian looked away, blue eyes focused on the shops and homes as they passed them.

"Thank you," Blu said questionably, unsure if Tillian was being completely honest or if he was just bored. It quelled the high elf's stony expression with surprise, his brows raising. The child turned back around, watching as Mircea pointed out various shops. Jewelry, taverns, general goods. He waved a hand as they passed a busy market, explaining how the food was gathered from gardens in the city and transported from farms outside of the city. The crowds weren't as thick as before, most being centered around the market at the time. It made their journey through the city quite easy, as most would simply move on instead of trying to stop the group.

"Now, Smithies will most likely be up ahead to the left," Mircea pointed to a street that diverged from the one they were on, "Armories, smiths, and, well, general shops are in that direction from what I remember."

"Be careful not to stray too far in that direction," Tillian added to Mircea's guide, "It leads to less favorable parts of the city. If you happen upon the Naked Rat inn, you've gone too far- if you're looking for Smiths."

Mircea chuckled, "Ah, yes, that's right. I forget that part of the city has changed so much, though I've heard a few things." He gestured to continue down the street, leading them passed the gates and to the right, leading them down the stone path as a few horses passed with armored riders. Specialty shops continued to line the streets, a few homes scattered between them. This main street lead to a cul-de-sac of buildings surrounding the covered roots and trunk of a massive tree. Light poured in from gaps in the leaves, painting the ground in colors that caught the boy's eye. The buildings in this curved dead end were also specialty shops, but of the magic kind. Sniproots Potions and Poitery was the first sign that stood out, made of thick wood and hanging over the doorway to a two story shop that looked slightly disheveled and leaning. It's roof touched the wall of the second shop, Nifty's Crystals, a simple name for a not so simple building. Various crystals were embedded into the stone walls and glass windows, giving off faint glowing in mid-day, their sharp surfaces glimmering as the sunlight hit them. Blu could see from the window that many crystals were also held inside, shining various colors onto the street that reflected over his skin as they passed.
Bells chimed as a breeze blew by, drawing his attention to a large building that took up most of the dead end, the only buildings surrounding it looking to be homes or empty. It was white, its entrance built around two large, crooked roots that tangled over each other. Silver bells were tied to blue banners hung over the walls, dancing in the wind. Blu's head tilted slightly looking at the tall, pointed building, the various gates and gardens within them oddly quiet.

"That would be the temple," Bast said flatly, staring at the building.

"What do you mean I can't speak with her?" A female voice irritably sounded from the entrance of the temple, coming closer, "It's important that she give her permission for this!" Two figures emerged from the temple, different to one another in every visible way. One was dressed in a white silk gown, cloaked in a chiffon material. Her hair was made of brown ringlets that was held back from her face with thin metal and crystals, her eyes gentle and green. She had a refined presence about her, her hands held together in front of her as she looked down to the other elf. "I'm sorry, but Priestess L'adine is not taking visitors until after the festival."

The other woman gave an annoyed groan. She was slightly shorter than the other, her skin a tan color and hair a bloody shade of red that was braided down her back, a shade that clashed with her green eyes. Her ears were such a length that Blu couldn't tell if she was a high elf or dwan elf, but she didn't dress much like the other elves in Yefadorei. She was clothed in an outfit that made it obvious she wasn't a priestess, the skin of her hips and top of her chest showing through a tight red and white top that led up to her neck. Dark armor padded her shoulder and one of her arms, the other only half armored with a leathery material Blu couldn't place. Her dark brown trousers were somewhat tight but gave room for movement, her boots reaching just below her knees. A thick utility belt was wrapped around her hips, various weaponry and trinkets held there. "You've got to at least mention it her, ay? Please? People's lives could be at stake."

"Master?" Tillian said, moving closer to the two women and drawing the attention of the armored one. She turned with surprise on her face, which had light freckles here and there. A smile grew on her lips.

"Tillian, Ma'boy!" She placed an arm around his shoulders, shaking him some, "I'm trying to get this apprentice to understand the gravity of our situation!"

"Our..Situation?" Tillian repeated cautiously.

"Yes! That corrupted fae that's been terrorizing the little village people," the woman said, negativity to her tone, "It's gone missing. Which is not a good thing!" She stared at the priestess in training, "it's never a good then when they disappear! They either purify themselves or get killed, there's no suddenly disappearing!"

"But, Bay, we don't know if it was a corrupted fae.." Tillian said, looking up at the woman with a serious expression.

"Yes, we do, I haven't gotten to show you, yet, but it is. This one in particular is a very dangerous one, but I- we, can't hunt it without the L'adine's permission! And we can't even get to her!"

Tillian huffed, looking at the priestess, "Is there any way we can persuade you?"

"Um," Mircea chimed in, calling attention on the group, "Excuse my interruption, but we also need to speak with a priestess..Ah, priestess L'uaderell."

"Yes!" The armored woman said, as if she were a part of the group, "L'uaderell!"

This name seemed to surprise the young priestess. Her brows rose, eyes growing wide for a moment before she cleared her throat, whispering, "Come inside, all of you." She turned and lead them inside the temple, a soft sigh being heard from her. She waited until all who would follow were in the building before closing the doors behind them, "I don't know how you know that name, but she is no longer Priestess L'uaderell." Her voice was hushed as she walked around them, stopping at the fountain of light in the middle of the main room, "Speaking it could bring her harm."

Mircea looked confused, but his expression shifted to a more relaxed one, his lips forming a slight smile, "Understood, then, but we still need to speak to her." He noticed her reluctance surfacing, her brows scrunching into concern. He sighed, "An old friend sent us here to find her. Just...speak to her through the door, if you must. Tell her Ahur's sent us."

The priestess went quiet for a moment, "And you two?" she looked to Tillian and the armored woman, "If I do this, you cannot disturb her again until after the ceremony. And you must not speak that name again in Yefadorei."

"Ay, I wont," The armored woman said.

Mircea sighed, "Yes, of course, I can agree to those terms..."

The priestess gave a relieved sigh before turning on her heels, "I'll be back with a message, if she gives one."

Mircea waited for her to leave the room before huffing, "They are always so stuffy."

"I'd like a bit of priestess," Bast mumbled, causing Mircea to elbow him even though Blu didn't hear the comment. The child was focused on the moving lights in the room, watching as one touched his nose and brought warmth to it before floating off. His tail waved.

Mission made not of the direction the Smiths were in for now, Tillian giving her a landmark that would tell her she's at least gone passed the location. She was pretty sure of herself not getting lost and as they moved through the city she made note on how to get back, she had some survival skills that are useful in the city itself. Even the lower parts were nice which was no easy feat, though then again there was apparently a "darker" part of Yefadorei which sort of peaked her curiosity.

She looked around for Arbonath, the Dwarf lingering at the back of the pack - his attention was elsewhere as he followed. He was also looking in the direction of where the Smithies were, she could tell he was itching to go; the look on his face quite pained.

"Don't worry Arbonath, I'll accompany you to the Smiths after. Don't want a dwarf getting lost in a city with a bunch of elves."

"Hey I ain't worried about that... It's one elf in a Dwarven city you gotta be careful of."

Mission chuckled at the dwarf and looked forward, approaching the cul-de-sac like street. The two vendors on either side catching the attention of Guilty and Arbonath, they both looked in one direction and then the other almost in unison. As Bast made note of the Temple the Goblin made a face of slight disgust and looked at the Dwarf, nodding at him.

"Guilty going be at shop when silly people are done?"

"I'm with the Goblin."
The Gruff voice agreed.

They both walked off towards Nifty's Crystals, the whole design of the building attracting their attention the most with the magical capsules embedded into the architecture. "Yellow Short Man has good taste." The Dwarf laughed at Guilty and she did in response too.

Mission watched as they laughed and walked away to the store together, she thought it best if she stuck with the group for now. The talk with the priestess was important and she wanted to be there for it. Mainly because it concerned Blu. There was a commotion outside the temple like it was a RPG Main Quest Scripted Event that caught their attention, the hot Elf with style and a Priestess. Seemed that the person they were after was quite popular today, though the very mention of her name put the Priestess at unease and brought a hushed secretive and suspicious response from her. They got into the Temple at least, Mission wasn't paying too much attention to the conversation being had, admiring Tillian's master - making note of what she had on her belt also.

As Bast made his comment, Mission stood behind between him and Mircea - half hiding/peering at the red head over the hybrid's shoulder, "Fairy Hunter sounds good right about now to be honest." If Mission had one thing in similar to Bast, it was this. She tried not to look at her too much, her attention skimpily pulling itself away from Bay to the back of Mircea's head.

"I don't understand, if... the lady who cannot be named is no longer herself. Mircea... do you understand? I'm a little. Worried."

---

Meanwhile as the Goblin & Dwarf made their way to Nifty's Crystals, Guilty went in first with much excitement as the door slammed open - her arms were spread out with a big grin on her face. "HELLO SERVICE PLEASE." She stormed in quickly, her head looking around at the shop. The Dwarf followed her in, closing the door behind him. He went to the window and looked at the Crystals in it more closely as the Goblin made itself known.

Mircea's hand ran down his face when Mission added to Bast's initial comment. He was going to say something about them being in a temple, but Mission interrupted the thought with a different direction. The elf sighed, "I'm not sure myself. She could have simply changed her name for her own safety...there's no telling."

"So, who are your friends, Tillian?" Bay questioned, looking over at the small group, "Oh, hm, one of them isn't here anymore."

"They are not my friends," Tillian said defensively, "They are Lady Alfdorn's guests, I'm simply accompanying them."

"Oh, don't be that way, Tilly," Bay shook his head in an attempt to rustle his hair, "It's good to have friends, even if you barely know them."

"They aren't much friends if I barely know them," Tillian retorted though his tone was quite calm, "Besides, they can introduce themselves."

"I'm Blu!" The impline chimed, a smile on his face as he looked at the elf woman, he then pointed at the disguised human beside him, "This is Bast!" He then pointed to Mission, "This is Mission! She thinks you're pretty." The boy had apparently heard part of the early comments, giving a mischievous smile to the adults who looked at him.

The armored woman laughed, "Aha! Thank you, Blu! It's always nice to know when you're bein' admired." She smiled and looked at Mircea, expecting an introduction.

"I'm Mircea, It's a pleasure to meet you." The elf gave a reluctant greeting after the stare, unsure what is was about the woman's eyes he found unsettling when she looked in his direction for too long.

"And I'm Bay, it's nice meeting all of you!" She smiled again, "Are you a hybrid? What kind?" her attention went back on Mircea.

"I-..I am, why?"

"That's a rude question," Bast said glancing at the woman.

"It's also against the law for you to sneak in here, human, but you don't see me stopping you," Bay said, eyes turning to Bast, "You may want to strengthen your glamour a bit, yeah? I can't see through the little one's, but yours is weak."

Bast frowned, his brows scrunching as she smirked at him. Tillian sighed, "I guess, a full introduction would be better...This is Bay Frevold, Fae hunter and daughter of Alistare Frevold, the magic academy's headmaster, and daughter of knight Regalia Frevold. Recognizing illusions is one of her specialties, many corrupted fae use them." Bay gave a joking bow, her hand waving repeatedly as Tillian spoke.

Mircea glanced at Tillian, a brow raising, "Can you recognize them, too?"

"I can," Tillian responded short and precisely. His attention shifting as footsteps echoed through the hall the priestess left to.

"Follow me," The priestess spoke just as soon as she could be seen, "Not you two," She looked to Tillian and Bay, "She said you are allowed to pursue this fae, but you must not be blinded by this. Don't let any more lives be lost."

Bay nodded, "Thank you," She gave a short salute, guiding Tillian by the shoulders out of the temple while whispering to him.

Mircea watched them leave before coming closer to the priestess, the others following as they wished. She nodded and lead them down the hall, into a large room that looked to be the center of the temple from the inside. She closed the doors behind them, "One moment." The high elf slipped into the large doors at the back of the room, soon returning to open the doors. Blu's head titled at the open room where blue flame danced within a sphere of light. A high elf sat beside what looked like a shrine, her blonde hair almost silver in the cool light. Various things were placed beside her, foods and incense, even some gems and coin. She stood when the doors were fully open, walking to the edge of the entryway.

"I can not leave this room, and you can not enter, but I will speak with you." She spoke, her soft voice echoing into the space, "Ahur... you said he sent you? Did he..survive his quest?"

Mircea frowned some, "Ah...I don't know if he did. He disappeared, told us to find L'uaderell.."

"L'uaderell" The priestess seemed slightly pained, a hand coming to gently cover her heart, "I am not called by that name anymore, yet still, I am she."

"Then," Mircea moved closer some, "How are you going to help us?"

"Have you found one of the children?" The priestess asked, her ice blue eyes looking expectantly at the group.

"One of the children?" Bast repeated, "Are you saying there's more?"

"I don't know," L'adine frowned, "Ahur only spoke to me as though there were more. I would expect as much."

"That can be discussed another time," Mircea regained his footing in the conversation, "Right now, we need to know how to help the child we do have."

"I can not give you want you want," L'adine paused, "Not on my own. Ahur left me with only two things, half of crystal, and a spell. One that I am not able to cast without the other piece." The priestess pulled a thin metal necklace from beneath her robe, a small crystal tied to it, "Ahur said that should someone approach me as you have, they will bring with them the other half."

Mircea looked at the crystal, a sigh escaping him, "I don't have it."

The human huffed, his disguise melting away as he let Blu's hand go and started searching the inner pockets of his clothing. He stepped closer to the priestess, holding the other piece of the crystal which was tied with leather, "I have it."

"Bast?" L'adine questioned as he got closer, some surprise to her voice, "You're alive?"

"Very much so," Bast responded, "Now, lets get on with this." He untied his part of the crystal, watching as she did the same before placing his half into her hand. The pieces rattled in the woman's palm, shaking against one another before a bright light shown through cracks in the crystals and fused the two pieces together as one. The crystal dropped back into her palm, the priestess wincing some from the heat that turned the middle of the stone a fading orange.

She lifted her other hand and began circling it over the crystal, whispering words in a foreign language. Blue light shown from the crystal, erupting into a cloud of clear smoke, the particles of light coming together to create a moving painting. A pitch black figure looked back out at them, blue light shining where eyes would be.

"If this crystal has been fused, then you have found him." The figure spoke, its voice oddly pitched.

"Ahur.." Mircea whispered, looking up at the magic. Blu moved closer to Mission, his tail coiling beneath him at the sight.

"Listen closely to what I say. You may have noticed...Mircea, if you are there, the block on that child's mind..It will fade over time. Before he reaches 15 years, it will be gone entirely. This is not a good thing without preparation. I placed it there because he carries with him the energy of his entire clan..It was their wish, but it is too big of a burden for a child to bare. He must grow and become stronger, you have to protect him." The figure's gaze moved some. "Tell Esra that she should educate him, if she is not already doing so, and also that I said hello. Also, there is a human among your pack, Mircea, a young boy named Correll. If you have not found him yet, seek him out, tell him he must go to the northwest. There is a smith there called Raganoth who can train him, one who will teach him things no one else can. It's important he does this. Bast, I know you're listening, you must not allow yourself to give in to your greed. Focus on training the boy in magic, as I did with you. Arbonath, the tinkerer..We never met, but your designs impress me still. What I see may not be what you've reached, yet, but you should continue to grow in this. However, don't distance yourself from the others...They may help you see from different angles and reach new heights. Foxy, your move in this is entirely your own, but mending what your past has broken will be no simple task. Seek out what you may find challenging."

"Black hound..At the moment It is hard for me to speak without bias towards you, but I understand you wish to...at least, make up for what has happened. The divines, they aren't kind enough to make this easy, but you are a key part of this quest. You must help restore what's been lost. While king Artemis brings death to many, there is more going on than it seems. Darkness is growing among the frays of fate that he has caused, soon the world will begin to corrupt again. It's imperative that you seek out the poet, the wolf, the soldier, the lion, the bird, and the king. These people will help guide you, all of you. They may already be among you, but they must find themselves... Mircea, you are the Seer, your hand in this has already been played, but you will still be needed. Do not think of abandoning this for comfort. Your journey will begin in Yefadorei. The poet and wolf, they will be there. Find them. I will leave you messages as you continue on your quest, keep an eye out for them. Blu...stay strong, little one, you're not alone. You will find others like you along the way. Farewell."

The light dispersed, leaving the room dim. Bast quickly plucked the crystal from the priestess's palm, holding it in his hand away from her.

------

A blonde male sprite with rock like antlers on his head greeted the two customers as they walked in, moving the metal goggles from his eyes, "Ay! Welcome to Nifty's, I'm Nifty. What can I do for you?"

Last edited:
Mission scowled when Blu essentially threw her under the bus, introducing her to Bay in an odd way and not entirely cool. She gave evils to Blu and then looked up at the Fae Hunter with a slight blush on her cheeks and bowed her head, saying nothing.

Though her expression turned up when she essentially caught them red handed. Mission chuckled and folded her arms, she was impressed and in her mind it made the Fae Hunter way more attractive. Her elbow slightly nudging Bast, "Woah, she's pretty damn good."

"Good luck with the Fae."
Mission winked at Bay as she saluted and whisked Tillian away, she watched her leave and let out a frustrated huff as she turned her attention back to the others and followed on. The room opened up, the center of the temple no doubt and a majestic sphere of blue flame and light. What was curious though was all the offerings place around the High Elf beside the shrine - she essentially blocked them from proceeding further and stood in the entryway, not passing over into this new room and made clear that she could not.

Ahur, the Wispa was mentioned again. More and more people were confirming his existence and that on it's own was baffling her. Her conversation with Correll resurfaced, her expression hardened and became more serious. It was the time to be, she continued to listen until spoken to.

If what was said by Blu's parents is true and he was delivered to them by Ahur, then it was more than possible that he did the same with others all over Aerumen. She looked down at him, his importance grew even though he was already invaluable. Her Campaign in the north was efficient and brutal, but there was always the possibility of Implines getting away. Clearly.

And Bast; always full of surprises and apparently famous. He was so mysterious. Very Suspicious. She didn't like it, but he was good with Blu.

What happened next would cause her heart to sink in her chest, her eyes looking up at the figure. Mission's expression completely changed to wonder, fear and confusion. The figure of a Wispa was created in front of her and looked down on the group. She put her arm around Blu defensively, her hand clutching his shoulder - but her eyes remained fixed on the image in front of her. A single tear streamed down her left eye.

"Impossible..."

Once again, the boy beside her grew even more imperative. She hugged him closer to her side, her hand less clutching and more comforting over his chest. Her heart beat with intensity and could not sink further, being spoken to directly using her disgraceful nickname. A tear fell from her other eye now leaving a line down her other cheek. She was really glad that Mal was not here right now, if anyone would recognise the nickname it'd probably be him. The Poet, the Wolf, the Soldier, the Lion, the Bird, and the King. She took note, though was too in awe to make any links to the riddle just yet. As his form dispersed, Mission took a deep breath of relief that his gaze was no longer intimidating her. It wasn't really visible, but Blu would be able to feel her tremble.

"N-nothing like a Legendary Being making you feel like absolute shite."

--- - --- - -

"Hello Horny Small Elf!" Guilty smiled back at the Sprite and got closer, her eyeballs moving to look on Arbonath who was browsing around the store. She looks back at the Vendor with a squint,

"Horny Small Elf have blue Crystal dust guilty can use? YELLOW DWARF WANT ANYTHING?"

Arbonath had a crystal in his hand and quickly turned, seeing the Goblin and earth sprite looking at him he quickly puts it down and sort of stumbles over his words.

"uuh uuuuuh... I'm interested in purchasing some Amber Refined Rods, the thinnest kind you have - I know they're quite pricey. 3 to be exact, maybe four depending how much you charge."

Guilty looks at Arbonath, her head tilted, "They store lot of Magic. You sure you need that excessive amount. It Dangerous?"

"I know what I'm doing. I've done the calculations."

Blu held onto Mission's leg as the figure spoke down to them. His expression was one of awe, but also concern. Mission seemed quite disturbed by seeing Ahur, a few weak words escaping her. His hands moved to hold the one she placed on him when he noticed the trembling shaking his shoulder. To Blu, most of it was difficult to understand. His brows were scrunched in confusion as Bast had a short altercation with the Priestesses.

"Why are you taking that?" Y'adine questioned.

"It was Ahur's, not yours," Bast clutched the crystal in his palm, his fingers covering the stone entirely. "I don't understand why he left it with you. You did nothing but refuse to believe him and put him down. Showing a fake face like you miss him, it makes me sick."

Y'adine was silenced, the same pained expression showing on her porcelain features.

"Bast, show some respect! Past or not, you are in a temple of the divines!" Mircea scolded.

"She's not getting the crystal," Bast said sternly, walking back towards Mircea.

"Stop acting like a child." Mircea scolded, his brows raising as Bast hid the crystal using a rune on his palm. The hybrid turned back to the priestess, "I'm sorry..He's-"

"I know, Bast has always...said what he wants to," Y'adine rubbed her neck, "Now that I've helped you, you must leave this part of the temple. I can't prolong this, it barely stays within bounds for me to have this door open to you."

The younger priestess took to the doors, closing them in front of the others. Mircea turned to look at Mission, her having seemed quite disturbed, "Are you alright?"

----
Nifty's little hands pushed the goggles onto his head and sighed gently, "I'm sorry, lass, someone just come by and bought all our crystal dust. I wont have any more made until at least after the festival." He spun around on the wooden stool where he sat, the top of the seat moving on a wheel, "Now, the rods I do have." The sprite looked at the wall of cupboards behind him, running his thumb over a green crystal augment in the wood. The wall gave a shake as small steps grew from the wood, allowing him to step onto them and up to a cabinet whose doors opened into the wall. He walked inside, mumbling something incoherent to himself that echoed in the walls. The sprite emerged from the cupboard with three long boxes, balancing them on his hands as he walked down the steps. He placed them onto the counter with a light thud, carefully moving them from one another, "Here we are, three amber refined rods, can check and see ya'self. They're the thinnest we have, be one gold each."

He glanced back at the goblin, expecting some disappointment, "If you're not willin' to wait, you can probably buy some off the man before you. He works at the academy, a human with pink in his hair, can't miss 'em."

"Reality check. I'll live." Her shaking calms down as Blu had taken a hold of her, she holds it back and looks down at the boy giving him a smile. "Mircea, I do need to talk to you privately after... If you don't mind."

---

Arbonath smiled and made his was over to the Sprite as he moved up the side of the wall on his steps as he came back down and presented the stock to him the Dwarf rummaged through his pouch, "That is a nice idea right there lad, with the steps coming out of the wall - I might steal that idea. What did ya use?" The dwarf tries to get a closer look as he places the three gold coins onto the counter.

Guilty's sad look sort of perks up as he mentions the man being at the Academy. "Guilty does mean to visit School."

The Dwarf takes the rods and places them in a tube like container very delicately and tightly places the lid back on it. The container hangs from his belt attached to it by either end of it.

Bast was quick to reform his glamour once the doors were closed, waves of light crept over him like water until they rippled together, breaking off with what looked like shards of glass as the new appearance took over. Blu noticed it was slightly different, the man's black hair being much shorter than before yet it still suited his features. However, he couldn't quite get used to seeing Bast with pointed ears, they made the man's eyes look too sharp- it was oddly intimidating when paired with the serious expression on his face.

Mircea nodded, "Of course, you can talk to me any time." He smiled that well-known, relaxed smile, gently gesturing for them to follow with a hand, "Come, I'd like to leave before we lose the others."

Blu nodded and followed, keeping Mission's hand in his own tightly. He wasn't keen on staying in the temple much longer himself.

"One moment, please," The younger priestess approached them as they reached the exit to the main chamber, her eyes fixated on Bast, "I don't know what Y'adine may have done against you in the past, but I beg you forgive her. She...she's not the same woman she used to be..She's devoted herself to the divines, but..she can't afford anymore enemies, not here."

Bast had paused in the doorway, looking back at the high elf, "Am I supposed to forgive her because she became a priestess?"

Mircea gently nudged Blu passed the two talking, not wanting to expose the child to any more animosity today.

The priestess sighed, "I.. she became a priestess because she wanted to live for the divines. She's spent years here..helping others."

"Let me tell you something, Little priestess," Bast started fiddling with his sleeve as he spoke, staring at the elf, "L'uaderell, your ' Y'adine', has called for every dagger pointed at her. She may be fair and kind, but that is only if she wants something from you."

"That is not true!" The priestess looked upset, speaking with more emotion than she had earlier, "Y'adine is nothing of the sort. Even if what you say is true, her past was left behind when she took the oath, she's not the same person anymore. Please, don't bring her more harm."

Bast exhaled through his nose, looking away from the priestess, "It doesn't matter what name you claim, your past will always come back in one way or another. I, for one, can't forgive her; However," He cleared his throat, "I am not here to harm her, nor am I here to spread her real name. That's business I want nothing to do with."

The woman seemed relieved, a sigh escaping her, "Oh, thank the divines. I was so worried.."

"You're very devoted to her," Bast spoke with a weak half smile as he started to leave, "Be careful with that. Wouldn't want another pretty face scarred because of her." He met the others in the entry room, following Mircea out of the temple.

"Correll!" Blu said, shuffling over to the human who was leaning against one of the roots outside of the temple, "Why didn't you come with us?"

Correll shrugged, "Couldn't be bothered to deal with a bunch of priestesses."

Blu's brows scrunched, "Oh," He seemed like he was expecting something more from his companion, but Correll simply stood upright and yawned.

"Which direction did Arbonath and Guilty go?" Mircea asked the others, having forgotten himself.

"They went into Nifty's," Correll answered, pointing towards the shop.

-----

"Well, I had the idea, but I didn't make it," Nifty admitted, glancing at the steps, "It's a nature augment, pushes the planks outward with stone when the crystal is pressed on by yours truly. The cupboards have a false back, a lot more storage back there than you can see. Same fella' that bought all our crystal dust put it together for me, a nice lad." He took the coin as it was surrendered, "Thank you for your business!"

"Cheers"

Mission swung her arm gently back and forth as they made their way out of the temple, even though it was quite quick. It was a lot to take in. She wondered how the boy was taking it, he was so young and there was a lot that he'd have to try and understand. Overtime. Luckily he had a lot of people who could guide him and try to help him understand. Bast seemed to have a lot to say about it, Mircea guided them out though - Mission understood and took Blu away.

As they went outside, Correll was waiting there. Seeing him just reminded her of what the Wispa said about him, seemed her had a bit of an adventure to look forward to himself.

---

"Hmm Interesting, the lad sounds like he has a good mind on him." Arbonath nods his head and retreats away from the counter, he wasn't one to stick around as he waved at the Sprite on his way out, "Pleasure!" He was already out the door when Guilty started paying attention. The Goblin ran over to the door and did a hurried wave at Nifty before leaving.

Guilty joined Arbonath outside who was adjusting his person, making sure everything was on him like some sort of ritual after leaving a shop. He had so much on him, the Goblin wondered how he remembered it all. She was just travelling light, top and bottoms - that's it. She looked towards the temple and it seemed the others had reconvened outside and were talking to the grumpy boy who gestured towards them. She waved happily and they made their way over.

"All done?"

Mission looked at Guilty and nodded, "Seems so. Arbie. Fancy going to that smith now?"

"Oh aye. Who else is comin, Correll?
" Arbonath addresses the group.

Mission looks down at Blu holding her hand and tilts her head, "I need you to go with Mircea for a bit. I don't want you comin near to the darker parts of town ok?" She was half-lying, she wanted to keep him away from her form of a surprise. "I won't be long."

"Comin'," Correll said, moving to stand next to Arbonath, crossing his thickly sleeved arms along his chest. He stifled a cough, his throat dry and itching from the air. They waited for Blu to release Mission, the child's hand instead going to grab Mircea's long fingers.

The elf smiled down at him, his gaze lifting to Mission, "The academy is down that street," he pointed to a small stone path that stretched into a wooded part of the city at the other end of the cul-de-sac, "It's at the very end. I don't know how long we'll take, so should you need to, just tell them you are looking for a tour and they'll guide you through. Also, keep an eye on Correll? He's looking a bit haggard."

"I'm fine, old man," The human groaned, making Mircea's brows raise some.

"If you say so," He smiled, turning his gaze to Blu again, "Alright, lets go! Time to see some magic."

Bast quietly followed the elf as the small group left in the opposite direction, watching as Blu happily chirped at the surroundings. The path through the forested area was long, giving the boy some time to calm before they reached the academy. The sounds of birds warning their approach through the empty path gave the lush, thin trees life between the silence of their footsteps. It was a long walk, the second half of the path changing drastically compare to the wooded area from before. Blu looked out over the edge of a bridge, Mircea anchoring him from falling as he gazed at the different bridges that connected to a land mass centered in a clear water lake. "It's huge!" The boy exclaimed, looking up at the towering stone buildings in awe. Some very normal sized trees grew in the small field alongside it, and one very large one stood at one of its corners, roots embedded in the stone, "Is this a castle? It looks like a castle! How does it fit in here?"

"It was once a castle, yes," Mircea said, "There was a time when this building was the heart of Yefadorei, but it has since changed. It's been used as an academy for many years now."

Bast chuckled, "Yefadorei is much bigger than you think, Tyke. You've only seen a small part of it."

Blu nodded, his mouth still open from looking at the academy as they drew closer. Mircea was stopped by an armored elf at the end of the bridge, the female voice speaking. The other guard stayed behind, hand resting on his weapon.

"Halt! I've never seen you before. What business do you have at the academy?"

"We're just visiting," Mircea said, "I'm looking to show this child here what the academy is like."

"We are also here to see Professor Magrin." Bast added, his accent changed to mimic something more refined to Blu's ears, "He should be expecting us." It was a lie, one that confused Blu and Mircea, though they knew not to show it. A hard task for a child like Blu, but he managed by distracting himself with the scenery.

The guard looked them over, pausing on the goblin before moving out of their way, "Very well, then."

Bast took the lead, letting the guards open the large doors for them. Inside was just as magnificent, if not oddly so. A few people walked about in the entrance room, some holding books, others hold herbs, or little trinkets Blu couldn't make sense of. Some spoke to one another, the passing conversations leaving his ears before he could gather the words. Candlelight and conjured light kept the halls from being too dim, the floating orbs bringing life to shadows as they glided over them. Sunlight barely touched this area of the school, only seen in the hallways leading up to the entry room. Bast sighed, looking over the place, "Where would you like to go first?"

"Alright then." Mission smiles at Correll and then nods at Mircea, she playfully squints at the grumpy boy and takes the lead. She makes a mental note of where Mircea had pointed for the direction of the academy and proceeded to backtrack a little, taking the turn towards where the smiths and other places were pointed out before they reached the temple and strolled down that Path. Arbonath and Correll with her, they weren't the most talkative of the Caravan of people which was a fun dynamic compared who they split up with.

Mission made note of places and looked out for the Naked Rat Inn just in case they went too far, but eventually it wasn't necessary. It was obvious where her destination was after a bit, the people, the sounds that rang out through the city. She took a turn and reach a small path opening in the city, a circle of sorts surrounded by numerous shops, an open one caught her eye as a smith - it was large. She could see also Arbonath was interested in it as they approached.

The rhythmic clanging of metal on metal rung out, the forge was propped up on a raised stone platform and was circular - there were three Anvils spread evenly around the circle, forming the points of a triangle within it and the fires stoked from the center of the circular platform. All three Anvils were at work, but only one man was visibly working it. His skin was bronze and shiny from sweat, shirtless and built very well - his ears at a medium point and his black hair short and messy. As he brought his hammer down on the blade he was working on, another hammer wielded by no one slammed down on another blade and the third anvil erupted in sound in rhythmic succession. As he flipped the blade in his hand, the other blades being worked on also flipped over - copying exactly as he was doing, the anvils going clockwise with a slight delay to him.

Arbonath go very close to one of the unmanned, but in use anvil and watched how the tools were being worked. He had put his goggles on so he didn't get blinded by sparks from the metal. Though he had to dodge as the blade swung off the anvil and moved away from the anvil. The Dwarf's head almost taken off, the blade immediately drops to the ground as the Elf's blue eyes were staring at the blonde dwarf, he had turned around to dip his scalding metal in the forge water.

"Oh! What are you doing! I could've killed you!"

Arbonath stood up and dusted himself off, grumbling, "watch where yer swingin yer BLADE THEN LAD!!"

"I'm WORKING. Dwarf! Just... UGH... I'm sorry."
The Elf snaps his fingers and his tools float up and slot into their hook hanging neatly against the posts that held up the forge. The blades floated and moved carefully over to the forge water and dipped into it, loud hissing noises and smoke filled the air.

"No no, it was my brashness."

Mission just shook her head, she was too busy perving on him to get in the way of the altercation, but eventually piped up. "Sorry about all that, just admiring your work. Not seen a Smith who multitasks like this before."

Arbonath removes his goggles and nods, "Yes. It's quite interesting, powerful magic to move objects with telekinesis."

"Yeah well, thought it'd be handy to be able to work on three weapons at once. Get my commissions done quickly, especially for bulk orders. Thanks to my brother though, he's a whizz with magic - It's all enchanted within this circle only, can't do this sort of thing elsewhere other than in this circumference or else it'd be too useful ya know? Or... or powerful as you say, though it's not true Telekinesis, that'd be crazy - it's only light objects, nothing real."

The Dwarf stroked his beard, it was all interesting to him - more useful magic imbued tools or in this case magical imbued areas, though small still a feat of magical prowess.

"So. What you almost die for?"

Mission stifled a chuckle, "Well. I have something I've been holding on to a while because I haven't been able to find a smith that can work Darkstone."

"Wait wait. Hold on, Darkstone? You have a bit? Show me."

Mission rummaged through a sack that hung off her waist and pulled out the stone which was wrapped in a cloth. She extended her arms with it in her hands and the Elf finished wiping his hands and threw the cloth to the side, it landed and slid across an anvil before stopping just short of falling to the ground. He stepped forward and flipped the cloth off with his index finger, revealing the darkstone which he examined closely.

"Oh yea. I can work on this. What do you want?"

"I have a sword design I tried to sketch, I have a hilt already. If I give you the hilt can you slot in the blade?"

"Of course. Follow me."

Mission followed the Elf into the building of the Smith, he quickly walked to the counter and moved to the other side of it. As She walked in she saw a numerous elvish styled blades hung decoratively on the wall, there was a couple of more ornate weapons that were locked in glass cases set on wooden sideboards. Mission stepped up towards the Counter, it seemed Arbonath had stayed outside, he was so busy inspecting the platform right now. On all fours, inspecting each post, taking notes, licking anvils. Crazy. The Black Hound had taken out the Hilt and Drawing at this point, laying them on the counter. The Elf quickly whisked the drawing over and inspected it closely, he then carefully took the hilt and examined it with an approving nod coming seconds later.

"Pretty smart. I can definitely do it. Might take me a couple of days, I have orders I need to fulfil before tonight and tomorrow. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, I don't think I'll be leaving Yefadorei anytime soon."

"Good! Be nice to work on something other than Elvish Steel. Oooh I'm excited." The Elf then thinks, doing mental arithmetic in his mind as he counted on his fingers, "Probably around 20 gold, I'll have a final price by the time it's done depends on if you want anything extra carved on it, elvish or anything like that. Messages if it's a gift."

Mission nods, "I'll write them down for you now." She takes a piece of charcoal and scribbles the notes down, the Elf watches closely - nodding his head. "I can do all that."

"If you want to think on the charge, i can probably afford it the next time I see you. So have a set price for me when I come back in two days?"
Mission sets down 10 gold coin for an advamced payment which the Elf takes and places under the counter.

"Yes I can do that. Uuuh anything else your friends want doing?" The Elf looked passed Mission at Correll.
--

Guilty flashes a massive grin at the guard that Bast managed to deceit his way passed, the Goblin just locking it's gaze onto her as she strolled passed. That Goblin grin being a slight cheeky taunt and move in. The School was indeed huge and it was definitely something to be in awe of, but the Goblin had a mission - and she was focused. Sorta.

"Does Bast know where Pink Haired man may be? Guilty needs see Pink Haired Man for reasons."

Last edited:
Correll kept his arms crossed on the way to the smithy, his gaze fixated on Mission's back in thought until the familiar sound of hammers clashing against metal drew his attention. He stepped over to see a single smith working on multiple weapons at a time, his lips parting in surprise. Curiosity drew him closer to have a look, wanting to see what technique the man may be using. It was a prime opportunity to perhaps learn something new; however, a tingling ache crept up the back of his neck when he drew closer to the forge that made him desire to avoid it. His brows scrunched, a hand lifting to rub his neck as Arbonath was nearly beheaded by one of the fresh swords. Mission spoke up after the smith and Arbie exchanged words, while Correll listened and wondered how the man evaded being burned without a shirt.
The blonde took a moment to follow after Mission, glancing at the burning embers in the forge as he passed. His green eyes focused on the weapons lining the walls when he entered, admiring the craftsmanship as Mission placed her order. The smith soon called his attention, Correll looking back to him, "Ah..Would you happen to have a spare vice I can buy off you, or know where I can get one?"

----

"Pink hair?" Bast questioned, looking at the goblin, "Uhm, no?"

Blu squeezed Mircea's hand when a figure began approaching them from the hall straight ahead. It was a large silhouette in both height and width, an orb of light passed through it, giving away his form. The man was clothed in mostly robes, their pointed ends just barely touching the ground and lifting as he moved his hands. His eyes were a dark color, the shadows from his brows making them hard to see, and his hair was short and silver. It took Blu a moment to notice due to the colored lights, but his skin was a green hue, and his mouth was equipped with two fang-like structures protruding from the corners of his lips. What Esra had taught Blu clicked in his mind, this man was an Orc, and a big one.

"Professor Magrin," Bast said with light surprise.

"Ah, you must be the ones who said I was expecting you?" Magrin had a deep voice that rolled when he spoke, a bellowing chuckle following him taking notice of their surprise, "Not much gets passed the professors here. I was surprised someone had the balls to lie. So tell me, what do you need?"

Bast was smiling. It wasn't the exactly same mischievous smile he often wore, something about the gleam in the man's eyes hinted to Blu that Bast was quite happy to see this person. Blu looked up at the Orc who was waiting on a response.

"Well.." Mircea started to speak, but Bast quickly intervened.

"I was told stories about your hatsole garden and wanted to see it for myself. It's been a long time since I've smelt of leaves quite so sweet."

It was Magrin's turn to seem confused, seeming a bit taken aback before an happy grin curled his features, "Well, divines be damned! Come this way."

"One moment," Bast seemed to remember, "Do you know of someone here with pink hair?"

Magrin stopped turning for a moment to think, mumbling to himself. He rubbed his chin before nodding, "Yes, you must mean Peregrine. He's a little human fellow, works in the middle tower. That's the far right hall and down, close to the school gardens. Should be around there somewhere."

Bast glanced at Guilty with a smile before moving to walk just behind Magrin down the main hall, Mircea and Blu following curiously. Magrin seemed quite amused with their presence, leading them down a different curved corridor, "I haven't had non familial visitors here in a long time. This is a treat."

"Non-Familial?" Bast asked, his hands clasped behind his back patiently, "Does your son visit often?"

Magrin shook his head, absentmindedly answering, "My son isn't very happy with me. My little girl visits me."

"Oh? You have a daughter now? What happened to your wives, are they doing good?"

"Yes, of course I do, I had her three years ago," Magrin said as he fumbled with the keys to a room. "My wives are fine, they.." He paused when he unlocked the door, turning to look at Bast, "How do...how did.."

Bast chuckled some, "You can't recognize your favorite student? I thought asking to see your hatsole would be a big tip."

Magrin's brows rose when realization struck him, opening the door and quickly pushing the group inside the room. He closed the door after himself, looking at Bast who was fixing his shirt. "Bast?" he whispered, the human nodding his head with a smile, "Dear boy, you've grown! But you're still playing tricks, I see."

"Of course I am," Bast shrugged, glancing at the window, "How else am I supposed to see yefadorei?"

"They don't have your name down against you in the main city anymore," Magrin corrected, "But you're still not supposed to be in the academy."

"Are you going to scold me all day? Can't a man be nostalgic?"

Magrin sighed, his eyes flicking to the two who accompanied Bast, "And who are you?"

"I'm Mircea, and this is Blu," Mircea spoke, rustling Blu's hair, "We're simply his traveling companions."

"Ah, there is a shop on the opposite side of this circle that might sell them. Mine are all enchanted and far too precious for me to sell to you, but they might have one over there. Everlast, is the store's name. Their items have good durability, should last you a lifetime - well for a human. Speaking of which, you lot should be careful not to wander around on your own too much without an elf by yourside. I don't know how you got in, but. You might get stopped, not that it's any of my business - you have my business and I don't want to lose it."

Mission nodded politely at him, "Thanks. We'll be careful. I'll see you later." She exits the smith and looks around for the shop which was as the Elf had said, on the opposite side of the circle there with the picture of a glowing fishing rod above the word "Everlast".

Arbonath had finished examining the Forge and walked passed Mission & Correll back into the Smith, "I'll be like. An Hour, you guys go I'll catch up."

"All right, just be careful."
Mission turned her attention to Correll as she made her way over to Everlast, "You doing okay?"

Upon entering Everlast, they would notice that it's basically an All Good Store for Materials and Tools, piles of wooden planks, nails, saws, hammers. Fishing Gear and hooks, even bait and then a small section for smiths, an anvil for sale and a couple of vices stood up next to it; tongs, metals and other things. There was even a suit of armour, however not very ornate and pretty plain it looked very sturdy and durable. At the Counter a High Elf man dressed in purple robes that draped his form, there is a deep V neck parting which reveals his chest and just the upper part of his tummy - he's a pale man with hazel eyes, black hair tied up into a single plait.

"Hello! My name is Sumiratwan Gen'sali. Welcome to my store! What can I interest you in? Young Lady you look like you mean business, how about some survival gear in the corner over there, we have some excellent carving and filleting knives! Young Man, you look strong and are those the hands of a builder I see? Well we have some of the best materials and tools a man like you could ever want. We sell Oak Planks by the bulk."

----

Guilty grinned and rubbed her hands together with a mischievous grin. As they were led off she scooted away quickly, moving quickly but as stealthily as possible, hiding comically behind ornaments or statues an in curtains if they were there as people walked passed her. Though It took her a while, she didn't really have a good idea where to go. Just to look out for Gardens. She immediately got lost.

"This Bad." She whispered to herself as two students walked passed her, they were talking, she swear she heard something about tending some plants and so she stalked them. As they veered off to the Garden she had a look around outside seeing a tall building. She assumed that was the tower and made her way to it quickly. "Peregrine. Peregrine, Peggarin, Peggarin." As she kept saying his name to herself to remember it, she slowly got it more and more wrong, "Pegawin Pegawin"

"I said I'm fine," Correll grumbled before heading into the shop, looking around at the odds and ends. His gaze settled on the vices, crouching to give them a once over as the elf gave an introduction. He looked up at the elf, his brows still scrunched together as he stood, "Ah, no wood...How much for one of the vices?" A hand came to rub his neck, the male probably coming off as nervous.

-----

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you. Don't see many impline these days," Magrin smiled at the two, shaking hands with Mircea and Blu. Blu smiled back, trying to ignore the fact that the orc's hand covered his own entirely. Bast glanced at the two before speaking, "You can show him the academy, you don't have to stick with me. I've seen enough of it for a life time."

Mircea took that as a less than subtle hint to leave him with the professor alone for a while. He nodded and looked at Blu, leaving the room with the child at his side. He gently lead him on wards through the hall, giving him small lessons on rooms and types of magic were studied in that part of the academy.

----

"Perry!" A voice called from outside the tower, belonging to a young female high elf who held an open leather bound book in her hands. She rushed into the tower, scaling the steps with her robe and bush of curls rustling behind her, "Perry!" She nearly ran into the man at the top of the steps, "Oh! Perry, I need help with this assignment, please?" The short elf asked as she was catching her breath. Perry glanced at the pile of tools, scrolls, and leather in his hands, his brows raising, "Ah, can it wait a moment?"
"No! it's due soon!" The elf said, her face riddled with concern, "I don't understand the effects of these two crystals when paired together." She flipped the book over so he could see. He leaned closer to the book, squinting at the ink drawings of crystals, "Well, you should never pair a black and clear crystal, dear. Black is a very raw, powerful form of magical object, and clear crystals amplify magic. It would be too much for anyone to handle should they be used at once. Might lose an arm or something." He chuckled nervously, trying not to drop the objects in his hands.

"Oh! Thank you!" She excitedly hugged him, pushing the book against his chest and quickly running back out. The objects in his hands spilled onto the floor, a notebook bouncing down the steps. "You're welcome.."

"Alright." Mission whispered under her breath for him to keep his knickers on. She looked at the store owner with a bit of a weird look and shook her head, "Not interested in anything thanks, just the boy ta."

The Elf immediately didn't care for Mission and turned his smiling gaze to Correll who inquired about the vice, "Ah yes! One of our finest Vices. That'll be 14 Silver for that please! Is there anything else you are interested in??"

Mission peered at Correll as he crouched down and then shook her head with a slight annoyance and walked towards the door, standing near it but not leaving it. Watching Correll closely as he spoke with the Shopkeep.

---

Guilty heard the shouting and followed after the excited annoying elf lady and stopped short of the stairs, peering up them as she literally ran into a conversation. She watched and listened as the lady elf badgered at the more pink than normal human boy. Eventually she left and ran back down the steps, Guilty recoiled and hid around the corner pressed dramatically against the wall as she ran passed. The Goblin let out a relieved breath and then regained her composure, becoming confident suddenly she stomps around the corner, picking up the notebook on the stairs with both her hands and walked up to him standing amongst some of the clutter. She raised the book up to him into his view.

"Hello Pink Boy! TAKE ME TO YOUR ROOM NOW PLEASE!" She had a bit of a demanding, scary expression on her face. As much as she could for a Goblin like her anyway.

Correll dropped his hand when the elf gave his price. He was quiet for a moment, thinking about whether or not it was worth the amount the vendor asked for. A sigh escaped him as he loosened his coat, reaching into an inner pocket and pulling out the coin from a money pouch kept there. He placed sixteen silver on the counter, "Fourteen silver, thank you," he repeated, closing the inner pocket and taking the vice into his hands. "Lets get out of here," he mumbled to Mission as he slipped passed her.

---

Perry was about to start picking up his things when suddenly a goblin appeared before him. His body jumped slightly from her sudden presence, his features riddled with confusion, "I'm sorry, what? Why?"

"Thank you! Come back soon!" The Elf swiped up the coins and looked at them closely, the two extra he slipped into his own pocket whilst the other fourteen disappeared with him under the counter.

Mission's eyes squint slightly as Correll slipped passed her out of the door, she followed him close behind and waited for the door to close before snatching his wrist with one hand - holding his grip closed so he didn't drop the vice and yanked down the back of his collar with the other. She revealed his skin, discoloured like a dark bruise and veins that were unnatural around it's edges. She let him go.

"Fine? I'm offended Correll. How long have you been like this? You need seeing to."

---

"You! You bought all Crystal Dust from HORNY SPRITE! Guilty need Dust. Name your price!" Guilty looked down at the book still in her hands and looked back up at the boy, her head tilted, her words calm this time, "You take book or not?"

"I've just felt a bit sick since around a week ago, that's all," Correll said, his annoyance overshadowed by a sense of defeat, "I didn't want to worry anyone since there wasn't a healer around anyways." He clutched the vice closer to him, his features squished in a frustrated frown. "I planned on telling Mircea this morning, but things kept moving too quickly."

---

"Oh," Perry took the notebook hesitantly, amber eyes darting to the side in thought, "Well, how much do you need?"

"A Week. Well, we're definitely telling Mircea now." Mission folded her arms and shook her head, "You need to tell us things, what if this is too late because you didn't tell us?" Mission shut herself up before she scared him or something, sucking on her gums she storms away - tugging on his wrist she doesn't pull him all the way but gets him going letting go after a couple meters "C'mon we're going to the Academy - if there is one place that will help, it'll be there."

As she walks through the circle, she notices Arbonath walk out of the Smith waving back inside as he walks down the steps towards them, "We're going to the academy." Mission says quite abruptly and annoyed.

"Woah, why the sudden attitude missy?"

She shakes her head, "You comin or not?"

"Nah. Gonna head back to Esra's, I got what I needed doin."

Arbonath walked off and Mission was too irritated with Correll to ask if he needed guiding back, instead he made sure the boy was following her towards the direction of the academy.

----

Guilty thinks for a moment, counting in her head and then looking around and then shrugging, "Guilty just need lot Crystal Dust ok? Better if Guilty see so Guilty can visualise. So take me Pink Boy! TAKE ME SEE!" She starts picking up his stuff and shoving it into his hands, some of it piled into her arms after as she gestures for him to move.

Correll stayed quiet, following after Mission until they reached the academy. The guards had almost stopped them, but a familiar voice chimed from behind the armored elves.

"It's alright, they're with me," Tillian spoke, holding a folded paper in his hands and looking at the two with faint curiosity, "Where are the others? You shouldn't wander around here without an elf."

"Yeah, we've heard," Correll grumbled, causing the elf's attention to center on him with a raised brow. "Mircea, Bast, the goblin, and Blu are here, at the academy."

"Ah," Tillian gave little response to this at first, seemingly having a hard time pulling his gaze from the boy before looked at Mission, "Are you planning on looking for them? I can escort you if you wish."

------

Perry took his things as they were shoved at him rather than letting them hit the ground again. He gave a frustrated huff, "Ugh- Fine, follow me. AND, my name is Perry, not pink hair." Air blew from his lips, lifting a few bits of bangs out of his face. The human lead her down the stairs, turning and taking another set of stairs down. He stopped at the first door within the corridor, opening it with his foot and quickly placing his things down onto a made bed with a sigh of relief. He then turned to a desk near the bed, pulling the leather bag from its surface and letting seven glass bottles of crystal dust gently roll onto the wooden surface. "This is all I have to spare at the moment..."

"Tillian..." Mission's mind saw the boy but all she could think of in that moment was his master, though with the frustration she sort of had building inside of her right now it was not the time to think about such a spectacular lady. She let out a long drawn out sigh,

"Well. I do plan on looking for Mircea, but... Is there like, a healing part of the academy that will help a Human out? Ah..."
She got a bit hesitant, she didn't know Tillian very well but Esra had trusted him and he had helped them out a lot so far, "You. You have healing magic, maybe you can take a look at... Correll here. Please?"

She turned her gaze to the Blonde Smith with a look of slight worry on her face, but sort of relieved that she'd come across the Fae Hunter's Apprentice.

-----

Guilty followed behind him in stride, she heard him say his name but it sort of went out the other ear. She seemed to just not care when it came to names, "Oh yes Pegawin." She went down all the stairs holding some of the bits he had dropped for him. As they went into the room she saw where he plopped his things on the bed and went over and placed the rest of his stuff. She took in his room and had a look around. Her eyes fell on the desk which Perry was fiddling around at, she strolled over pretty calmly and placed her hands on the edge of the desk, getting on her tiptoes as her eyes peered onto the surface of it to see the glass bottles of dust. A light filled her gaze.

"ooooooo. Pretty. HOW MUCH!?" She turns her head to look up at the boy with pink in his hair. She squinted her eyes at him, as if trying some sort of intimidation.

"Are...are you wanting all of them?" Perry questioned, his brows sewing together. Nevermind the fact that she couldn't, or wouldn't, bother to remember his name.

----

Tillian was quiet for a moment in thought, looking at Correll. His serious expression turned to slight concern, the green jewelry hanging from his ear jingling as his head tilted slightly, "Very well, follow me." He fiddled with the paper in his hands as he lead them through the academy, heading towards a wing that had little activity. An older woman met him at the end of the corridor, her small, pointed ears covered by a white cloth on her head.

"Mrs. Merrigold, I'd like to use one of your rooms." Tillian spoke, calling her focus from the humans. The woman nodded, turning to open the large doors behind her. She led them to the first room on the right, unlocking it and handing him the key, "Make sure to bring it back." Tillian nodded at her words, waiting for her to leave before closing the door.

The room was small and bare save for a bed, a desk, and a window that gave it light. The high elf gave a small incantation under his breath, an orb of light appearing at the tips of his fingers and moving to float beside him. "Now, what is it you need me to examine?"

Correll glanced up at the two before huffing and removing the clothing from his torso. The same discoloration that Mission had seen was present on the skin of his shoulder and down his left arm. He turned so that Tillian could see, the elf's gloved hand coming to touch around the area. The flesh was oddly soft there, the bruising spreading and retreating as his fingers pressed and lifted. "And..what are your other symptoms?"

"Tired, cold, can't sleep well," Correll named them off staring at the stone wall, pausing for moment, "..every time I get close to fire my neck will tingle."

Tillian huffed, "I'm going to try healing the area." He waited for the boy to nod before continuing, removing his glove. Carefully, he held his hand a short distance from the discolored skin, a bright light forming over his palm. The color began to retreat to a line on his skin, eventually disappearing. Tillian stopped using the spell, checking to see if he missed anything. He gently touched his shoulder blade to check if it had hardened any, a slow mound beginning to grow a few centimeters off. It sunk back down when he removed his hand. The elf's brows scrunched and he lifted his hand again, this time forcing heat over the area. The mound rose again, this time growing along the area where discoloration once sat and slowly moved writhed under his flesh.

"Hey, that's hot!" Correll snapped, turning and swatting Tillian's hand away. The Elf looked up at Mission, "I need you to get Bay. I can't leave him right now. She's in the library. It's the first pair of steps down you'll see when you enter the academy."

"Yes yes, of course Guilty want all the dust." She lets out a frustrated sigh as her eyes rolls, her words now slow and drawn out this time like she was talking to someone who couldn't understand, "How much each then?"

---

Mission followed Tillian quickly as he took charge, taking Correll to a room ward. Seems she made the right call bringing him to the academy after all. They sat Correll down and Mission folded her arms, watching as Tillian went to work looking him over and getting the symptoms from him. An orb of light, showing the unnatural black on his skin. Or more accurately, inside it.

As Tillian performed some magic on the boy's back, it seemed to subside and got their hopes up before returning again from the mound that came of it. It was strange to her and it seemed to be quite strange to Tillian, though he probably had more of an idea than she. He then turned heat upon the thing this time which Mission could recognise at the very least and something different happened; Mission sort of took a protective step forward but let it happen as the thing writhed in Corrells back unnaturally. It was gross and slightly worrying. Correll eventually swatted the hand away and called him off.

The Elf looked at her, she had a sort of disturbed expression mixed with worry for Correll. Though she was given instructions and she would take them seriously, though a little excitement sprung from inside her at the mention of collecting Bay. Mission's expression remained serious however, she knew Correll's welfare came first and not her strange feeling of attraction for this Fae Hunter she barely knew. "I'll be back in a moment Correll." She nodded at Tillian and left the room.

Mission made her way to the entrance to the academy quickly, slipping down the stairs she saw first as Tillian had described it to her - assuming this was the way to go. As she got to the bottom it eventually opened up, the Library was large as it should be for a academy like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back