AEGIS: Training Facility 108

(OBLIGATORY SHORT POST IS OBLIGATORY AS WELL AS SHORT.)

Joh Ha-Eun

It takes a great deal of talent (or more likely, a lack of it) to get lost in an area one has frequented for over a year, or at the very least, that's what she was planning to tell the teachers when she inevitably arrived late for class, as she meandered around the wide hallways of Facility 108. The annoucement of the upcoming exam by the director had not fallen on deaf ears, but it had certainly fallen upon lazy ones. She knew that these exams usually entailed intense physical activity, as well as the odd broken leg. Beating others up in some sort of no holds barred WWE cage match wasn't really her thing, nor did she have plans to be turned into a government sanctioned, superpowered leg-breaker.

She sighed to herself as her legs carried her towards the building exit after a record twenty five minutes of pointless wandering. The drydocks weren't terribly far away from where she was, but the walk there felt like it took a good decade or two nonetheless. Two years of pretty much zero progress in controlling her powers left her pretty much apathetic towards any lessons, but she stayed on nonetheless because hey, the whole blue card thing was a pretty great deal and it would make her status as a transhuman a lot more tolerable when put on a résumé. With that incentive in mind, Eun began the long footslog towards the old drydock. Who knew? Maybe with a little bit of luck, the day would pass by normally for once, uneventful and with minimal fist to face contact.

"Yeah, you just keep on dreaming like that Eun."

Page Morgan
Location : Facility 108, Main Building >> Returning to area in front of Gym by Exam course with everyone else.

State of being: Utter Shock and PANIC!

Nearby: Jason Swan, Hunter Ward, Borislav Ivanov, Asher Torchinovich, Călătoru Ioana Claudia

@'s: @Aldur Forgehammer

OOC: PM me for post corrections if required. Spoke with Aldur about this via OOC.

efdFP7i.jpg

It had been a long day already and the day was not nearly over.

images

There was Page, in the hallway with the two teachers. Asher, the mental discipline instructor, caught her off guard with the warm greetings and then about sent the clerk's mind into over load, "Ah, Ms. Morgan! Ah, thank you very much! Terribly thoughtful of you, you work so hard and you already look like you're having a trying day, perhaps you should take a quick breather. I have some lovely soundtracks you can listen to if you'd like, designed specifically for relaxation, some of them I mixed myself."

"Yes, it has been. I, uh. Yes, maybe?", Page looked remarkably similar to a deer caught in the head lights of an oncoming car. The words kept coming so fast. Dazed and confused, Page just watched Mr. Torchinovich and nodded. It seemed to be working, so she stuck with it until, poof, Asher Torchinovich was gone. He seemed quite interesting and well intentioned but sadly, now was not the time to be make friends. They all had a job to get done, after all.

Speaking of which, Page still had not checked her emails. Nor had any of her normal daily tasks been completed. Plus, there was the matter the feathers, which were still scattering everywhere. Peering over at Mr. Invanov she gave an awkward, quite fake, smile. "I really must go.", she almost whispered the words as she became suddenly awkwardly aware of her current physical appearance.

Turning on her heel, Page trailed off down the hallway and was practically at a run by the time she hit the teachers lounge. Leaving poor Borislav Ivanov with nothing but a sheet of paper and her word it was all he needed for the exam.

The teachers' lounge, what in holy hell had happened to it? It was a mess to say the least. Someone had torn it up looking for something. Closing her eyes, Page took in several deep breaths while removing her jacket. Shoving the destroyed article of clothing into the trash bin, she stayed in the offending lounge only long enough to use the mirror, plucking all the feathers from her hair and righting her appearance.

Finally, feeling a bit more like herself, Page gladly returned to the little desk. Her part in the madness was over with. Logging in once again to her emails, she noted an item that had come in Friday night after office hours. More importantly it was marked URGENT with the subject, prisoner transfer. "Prisoner Whaaaa!", Page screeched the words as her eyes scanned over the email.

It was clear in that moment, Page Morgan's part-time clerk job was quickly becoming a bit more complex. Page mashed the keys on the keyboard, willing the blasted old computer to send the document to print. As the printer finally buzzed to life again, beginning to spit out the message Page was already lingered over it, silently demanding it go faster.

Send New Email
New Email Received
FWD:Morgan, Page

: URGENT Prisoner Transfer

ATTENTION: The following information is for AEGIS Staff only.

Inmate: #329859

Name: Călătoru Ioana Claudia

Maryland Correction Facility has here by relinquished custody of,Calatoru Ioana Claudia, to theAEGIS corporation, Facility 108. Housing arrangement have been made with, AEGIS Half Way House.

Calatoru Ioana Claudia, is to remain enrolled until either, courses have been completed to the satisfaction of AEGIS Facility 108, Director or returned to Maryland Correction Facility for further rehabilitation.

Inmate Details:

Race: Caucasian

Eyes: Hazel

Height: 5’7

Limiter: Level 2, Active

Drop off scheduled for 1:45 PM January 13th.

Maryland Correctional Facility

Contact Number: 800-555-0123

Finally, after several aggravating moments, Page was rushing back out to the exam grounds, while visually scanning the sheet of paper. That was when the fiery red head put two and two together. The woman standing by Hunter Ward and Jason Swan early, had appeared a bit older than most the students. In fact, she looked to be about 22 years of age. 'Could she be?', Page's mind mulled over the idea as she darted right back outside, this time with no jacket.

The sudden wall of icy air, hit the fair skinned fire starter like a brick wall. With an inner whimper and arms tucked close to her body, Page worked to navigate the mine field of students and ice in front of the Gym once again. This time avoiding the ice and closing in on Director Swan, Page came to stand close by him. Hopping anxiously from foot to foot and rubbing her arms across one another as if this would some how keep warm.

If the students had not been about, she might have considered using her gift to keep warm. Page waited for an opening to hand the sensitive document off to Director Swan, while eyeballing Ioana, like a cat trying to protect its home turf from an invading street rat. Suddenly, without even meaning to, that protective instinct in Page caused her to focus a bit too hard.

With a brief momentary lapse, the hazel hues of her eyes disappeared for a moment. Revealing the burning embers of her soul just within. That might have been threatening to the blond hair woman, if not for the follow up. Page had caught the sheet of paper, she had been intending to deliver, on fire at the corner. Releasing a high pitched squeal, the hot headed clerk smothered the flames in the snow before looking at the torched corner with disgust. Then realizing who all was around, Page tried to sheepishly hide the evidence behind her back. Perhaps, a verbal delivery of the information would be better, just this once.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cecilia Rizzo Pellegrini

cecilia_by_necessity4fun-d9s5g98.jpg

People around: Lots of Students and Teachers

-Madonna! It is freezing!!-

It was freezing. Cecilia was staring at the outdoors that awaited her and noticed how she wasn't dressed to the occasion...

Since she came straight from school to AEGIS, the Italian girl was still in her uniform and, it didn't offer much protection against this weather. It was composed of a white polo shirt, a plaid dark blue skirt, knee-length white socks, brown shoes and, since it wasn't summer, a blue jacket.

She put on the gloves Mr. Denzil had lent her and inhaled deeply, before walking towards the place where students were reunited. "This better be some physical exercise. That way we would forget how cold it really is...", she thought to herself.

Cecil took a good look at the arena (?) the staff had built for the exam. It looked exciting and mysterious at the same time but, it certainly had 'physical activity' written all over it... She let out a small "Thank you, heavens." and searched for a not so crowded place around to wait until the exam started. She was definitely tired from all this getting lost/walking around the facility adventure...

But, with so many individuals on the field, at once, finding a calm spot would turn to be a VERY hard task to accomplish.

Cecilia simply sighed at her situation and kept going...

Micah Kyras

Approximately seven hours ago

Micah walked into the auction hall at precisely the time that he heard the car in question going up for auction. He looked and saw it rolling across the stage, and he knew he had to have it. A Maserati Granturismo, V8 engine, modified for a top speed of around 300 km/h, or about 185 mph. Top of the line card, very nice in and of itself. However, that wasn't all... the car was pink. Bright, hot pink. It was perfect. He slipped his way to a place near the front and immediately joined in the bidding, which started at $80,000 dollars. It went back and forth for a while, starting by going up by two or three thousand at a time, and when it hit $100,000, Micah threw up a hand and called out.

"$130,000!"

A couple of the people around him looked at him, shocked and almost appalled by the newcomer. He just smiled, waiting to see if someone was going to counterbid him. Of course, someone went ahead and threw out their bid, but Micah was perfectly prepared to spend more, and outbid him with a $165,000 bid. He smiled as he walked over to the clerk and pulled out a check book.

"Who do I make this out to?" The clerk just looked at him, told him what to write, and watched as he wrote a check for the exact amount he bid. Micah also gave the man his card, and a spark of recognition could be seen in the clerk's eyes. He looked up at Micah, who put a finger to his lips, left the check there, and stepped away with the keys, a smile on his face.

Now

Micah pulled up to the gates of the facility in his new car, drawing some looks from those he passed on the way. After all, it's not every day a man in a white tux with blue hair drives through Baltimore in a bright pink $160,000 car. He showed proper identification, was let through, found a place to park, and just as he was getting out of his car, his phone range. It was Genevieve.

"Where are you, you were supposed to be at Facility 108 hours ago?!"

"Relax, I had to make a stop. As a side note, we're going to need to adjust my insurance policy to add a new car."

There was a pause, "I don't want to know." Micah laughed as she hung up, and made his way to the main building to check in with the Director. Yes, he was several hours late. No, he wasn't really bothered by it.

@Giyari

#Ihavenoideaifthispostsucksornot

The Car:

maserati.jpg

Borislav "Ledyanoy" Ivanov

smile-anime-guys-12082279-850-1002-jpg.238758

OOC:

Mentions:

Borislav stood and listened with gritted teeth to the mess of a reply he'd come to expect from Asher by now.
"Ah, Mr. Ivanov! Terribly sorry about that, I'm afraid my powers still don't let me see around corners." He watched as Asher checked his amp over, holding back his building frustration. God, was he really more concerned about that fucking amp of his? "Yes yes, student exam today, quite exciting. I'm personally looking forward to the opportunity to see them in action, gauge their potential "on the battlefield," as it were! Additionally, being able to witness this little test should give me a much better idea of how to run my lessons after this is over! Quite fascinating, if you ask me! I don't have much information about this either, but I do know that it should be happening quite soon! Anyway, again, terribly sorry, these corners can be quite vicious when they're only wounded, but we really should be off-"

Borislav quickly noticed the all too relieving pause in Asher's speech, watching as he turned to address the newly feathered Miss Morgan, who appeared to offer some papers towards the two. Borislav took his with a slight approving nod, and began to read, barely paying attention to the ongoing conversation. When the two seemed to be finished and Asher had darted away, Borislav looked up from his paper to an awkwardly smiling Page who soon whispered her need to be elsewhere before wasting no time in leaving.

Borislav let out a mildly entertained sigh with a hint of laughter as he watched her trail feathers around a corner, glanced at his paper one more time, and finally started on his way to the dry docks.

It was going to be a long day.

Mid-Term Exam Event

The Snowball Obstacle Course

Weekly Overview:

AEGIS staff and students alike were returning to the facility after winter break. More importantly it was the day of mid-term exams. However, due to the off schedules of the government processing programs, this was not just a mid-term. For a few select students, this was their entrance exam. Which was very unfortunate because the Director of the facility, Jason Swan along with the instructor of How Not to Kill, Hunter Red Ward deemed it necessary to throw out the script. Over night an obstacle course had been erected on the dry docks. The last minute changes did not go over well with some of the staff. Though other, more seasoned staff, like Leo De Lucas and Greg Masters were rolling with the punches, coffee in hand.

Now the students on the other hand, were not fairing so well. With gloves being in scarce quantity but in high demand, it was every pupil for themselves. Better still, the fun of the exams had not even started yet and already students were getting into trouble. Notable mention went to the male genitalia which Dante Niccals and Eden Trammel had scrolled across Dry Dock 2 and failed to remove. Though many students had been gossiping about the new kid on campus who had arrived in handcuffs. That had been something to see. At least they had not caused a scene the way Bruno Clare Liew had before even arriving to school. It was hard to say if the men who had been collecting him will ever fully recover emotionally. Now it is time for the exam to start. The students are gathered outside at the Dry Docks... let the games begin.

Let the games begin...

A faint breeze was wafting over the water front, picking up the chill of the water. Now as the clock struck two, a majority of students and instructors alike, were collect out in front of the Gym. With a good view of the Obstacle course below within the Dry Dock, it was quite clear this was not going to be a normal exam. Pallets, crates and snow made up the crude course. It had clearly been a rush job but all the same was quite remarkable work for something that had been created over night.

Most of the instructors now held papers with instructors for the day's event. It was clear they were going to have to endure the cold with the students. A crane had swung over a large metal sheet, suspended over the course by a chain at each corner. It appeared this is where the teachers would be perched to over see this event.

COURSE EXAM INSTRUCTIONS

Overview: The planned testing for today will not be taking place. As per the notices placed around the facility, the students will be meeting out at in front of the GYM at 2 PM. At this time instructions will be explained to the students. The event will be an obstacle course with snowballs for the students to participate in team events.

Other Notes:

Instructors are to take notes and evaluate each student per their course specialty.

No powers are to be used during this event.

Any assaulting or other physical attack on another student (taunting is allowed) results in immediate removal from the course and corrective actions.

Students found to be not participating in the event, may find assistance to do so from outside influences. As to be determined by the instructors.

Now all that was left was to break the students up in to two teams and let the games begin.

Today's Posts will only consist of SET UP posts.
Day 1 (Friday): Team Setup & Coin flip to determine which team will post first

• Setup post will consist of character entering the course, taking position and observing others. No offense or defense plays will be made in this post.

9c711d56-db0b-4c94-84f1-54ab54a11be0_zpsvjuqtuam.jpg

Hunter RED Ward

Nearby: Gaddamn Everyone

Disposition: LET'S GET THE SHOW STARTED!

Red looked over at the Dry Dock to see Bismark waving over at him before giving a thumbs-up; everything was ready. Good. Took him long enough. Still better than last time though, less panic this time around. He looked over to the Director and gave him a nod as he walked toward the Dry Dock and onto a raised platform that stood between the Dry Dock and above the crowd that had gathered. That cube from earlier began to change its shape into something comparable to a pipe, which he grapped and slammed onto the railing to create a loud, sharp clang for everyone in the next block to hear as well.

"I assume I have everyone's attention?"

Red looked out a the students below him. If they weren't listening, he'd know soon. And they'd regret it entirely.

"I'm ASSUMING you all either got the message from our Director, so you should at least have an INKLING of why you're all standing around like a bunch of cattle ready for slaughter. INSTEAD of the normal, boring Midterm Exam, we have decided, that instead of making you all suffer at our own expense, we're making you all do it to yourselves." The grin on his face was far from subtle.

"There will be two teams for this Exam. Red team, no relation, and Blue team. Both teams are to use the terrain set up in the docks to defeat the other team. HOW do you defeat the other team, asked the random jackass whose brain is still weening off participation trophies? It's very simple! This is a Snowball war! Each successful hit earns your team a point. First to twenty-one wins. If YOU get hit three times, you're out. And you get to spend some QUALITY TIME with the Faculty as we watch you all putz around! And if any of you even THINK of using your powers here, I will PERSONALLY throw you into the ocean! Attacking people with anything OTHER than the damn snow will result in the same outcome! TAUNTING is COMPLETELY ALLOWED If you fall for taunts, you're cannon fodder. "

Red thought for a moment, looking for anything he missed. Ah, right.

"IF you decide to be that special breed of individual and decide not to participate, WE ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO PERSUADE YOU OTHERWISE."

He looked over the crowd one last time. Clearly some cliques were already forming up. Another smirk. It never ends well..

"Varabyova, Jules, Brahn, Niccals, Hale, Suzuka, Ross, Aiken, and Ha-Eun! YOU are Team Red. Report to the northern end of the course!"

A thought occurs.

"Trammel, Calatoru, Castle, Pellegrini, Rinaldi, Liew, Trier, Spyridon, and Lee! YOU consist of Team Blue. South end for you!"

How the hell are there this many foreign people in this one area...?​

@Aldur Forgehammer

@Chibii

@readingraebow

@Swimswamswom

@TheDaftStudent

@TheDox

@theunderwolf

@too much idea

@ViAdvena

@welian

@Zahzi

Bruno Clare Liew

Eden Trammel, Mitch Castle, Cecilia Pellegrini, Rei Rinaldi, Jasper von Trier, Avira Spyridon, Ren Lee. He knew all of these names, but...no Morgan, no Maurice, no Ha-Eun. The day was getting worse and worse by every passing second. He knew all of their names, but they probably didn't know of him, or at least have heard of him as the 'exploding butterfly guy'. Speaking of butterflies... As he made his way over to the southern end of the dry docks, he closed his hand, balling it into a fist, and opened it. Upon his palm, a black butterfly had materialized into being, fluttering its wings as it reaffirmed its recent birth into this world. Clare cast a furtive glance around him, especially at Red, ensuring that the rough-and-tough ex-military commander hadn't had his eyes on him, before sending the butterfly into the sky. To those with telescopic sights, it'd appear as nothing more but a microscopic speck of black, and to many, nothing.

He finally came to a halt where the rest of his team-mates had gathered, if they had gathered at all. The snow was making it exceedingly difficult for him to even maneuver around simple turns. He'd be going down faster than a satellite being knocked out of orbit once the whistle blew, he just knew it. Nevertheless, it would serve him well to just take a look at the opposition right now. Keeping his eyes ahead, he switched his vision to that of the butterfly that now hovered above the entire battlefield.

Roza Varabyova, the one with the spheres of light; Maurice, the girl he had met this morning; Morgan and Ha-Eun, his buddies; Dante, the one with the really scary second form or whatever, and the rest were the less-known to him: Laurel Hale, Seiko Suzuka, Marianne Ross, and Benjamin Aiken. Nonetheless, they did look formidable. Much more than a guy on crutches did. He let out another groan and switched his vision back to his own, and the butterfly withered away in the air, its ashes cast aside in the winter wind, having fulfilled its duty. Why can't exams just be something normal for once, like Maths, or Science, or whatever it is that was useful. He didn't ask for this. He didn't want any part of being a hero. He jammed his crutch into the snow, crouched down, and gave a sigh of resignation. He'd bet 50 bucks he'd go down in less than 5 seconds. There was no hope. No hope at all.

B2

Maurice "Moe" Jules

DGN4bOz.png
Wasting space at:

Dry-Dock North End - B-16

With:

Probably someone.

Side Notes:

My brain's exploding, I'm a fucking idiot and I don't know if I did even this right, but here it is.

Are you serious?

That was the first thing to come to mind for Maurice. Was this place seriously holding some kind of glorified snowball fight? Not only that, but as an exam of sorts? What the hell kind of test was this? When Maurice thought of the words test, or exam, she thought of something on paper. You know, the normal shit like answering questions, testing your knowledge, or hell, even more active stuff like showing off what you can do.

To her, this sounded like an excuse to not really do anything with the day, but there didn't seem to be any way around it. Much of a pain in the ass as it was, Maurice decided not to complain and made her way in the direction she was told, toward the north. She kinda felt a little odd about Bruno being out there - kinda found herself wishing he'd been split off to her side. "... Damn. I hope that guy'll be alright." she mumbled, coming to a stop at the north end of the dry dock after her walk came to an end.

Now she had nothing to do but wait, and wonder what the rest of her impromptu 'team' was like. She really hoped they'd be easy to deal with. At the very least, she hoped she wouldn't end up matched with some antisocial edgelords or something like that. What a pain in the ass that'd be.

Jason_Swan.png

Mood: indifference

Company: Red, Ioana, Page
Brahn

@'s: @Aldur Forgehammer
@Manic Muse

Other: -
Director Swan - Audio

Swan listened along as Red explained the setting up of the course, nodding when he mentioned the "you-know-who" and so on. It's true Red had a very,
very shady past, but with powers these days who didn't, Red's just involved a lot more "red" than the average persons.

As the Red was talking over the details, a face Jason didn't recognise surface from behind the other faculty member, a fairly tall blonde haired woman with piercings. She was pretty stand out amongst the comparitively much younger students around her, looking more like a potential Blue Carder like Page rather than a "here by no choice" kid from school. As she introduced herself though, Swan immediately understood who she was.

"
Ah, Ioana, yes I knew you were coming, although I was under the impression that it wasn't till later this evening. I wish they would give me a days notice before changing times..." as the words left his moth, Swan watched Page navigate through the crowd clutching a sheet of paper, but before he could get to her, his watch beeped, it was time to get things under way.

Giving the nod to Red, Jason let the Military like man get down to business with the explanations.

"
Don't be too hard on them, Mr Ward." Jason laughed lightly with a subdued smirk "And students, I'd advice that you all do your best not to break those rules, Mr Ward is entirely authorised to use light retaliatory actions to enforce these rules. This is essentially a simulation of a real world battle! And in the real world, it's not just a snowball you're bound to be hit by! Do your utmost best to survive, because outside the facility grounds, it could well be your life at stake." Jason continued, his tone becoming much more serious.

"
Likewise, you may have to subdue an attacker or target, your powers make you more dangerous than you may realise, that's why this training avoids their use, they should not be your first resort! And with that said, good luck." Forgetting all about Page for a few moments as he spoke, Swan gave a nod as the students went off to do their thing and get organised. With a slight puzzling feeling, Jason felt a sudden... heat, for a few seconds radiate from behind himself, and then a wave of realisation...

"Ah Shi- Shivers! Miss Page sorry!" he stumbled, trying not to swear as he turned to face the clearly troubled intern. Her first mistake was being out without a jacket, but on seeing a slightly singed sheet of A4 poking out behind her back, Swan tried and mostly succeeded to hold back a laugh.

"what did you need?" Jason asked, casting another glance at the paper, and wondering if he should offer the woman his own jacket, although he was sure she'd just refuse it anyway.

Laurel Hale

Laurel seemed to be 0 for 2 in the name department but at least Annie was closer than she usually got. Plus Mary seemed to take it in stride like Ren which was a relief. The two made their way towards the front of the gates where the other girl grabbed a snazzy pair of red gloves seemingly out of thin air. Laurel was impressed but before she could comment on that - or the destroyed fortress comment that followed - the teachers decided to kick everything into gear with their usual gruff manners.

Laurel listened with the rest of the students and actually felt a rush of relief that it was just a non-powered snowball fight. She had done those for years with the family and she was reasonably sure she could at least manage not to get seriously injured with it. Even if she did get “killed” the worst that would happen is her feet my get a bit chilled from snow falling down her pants.

Which was a thousand times better than attempting to use her powers in the snow or having to turn back a tidal wave while rescuing ‘civilians’ or something insane like that. She was a little bummed that Ren seemed to be on the opposite team but that was AEGIS for you, always putting them in different combinations for “the best results”.

She moved with the rest of the Red team to her section of the obstacle, a little cheered to see Mary moving in the same direction.

“Teammates huh? Well looks like we get to play defend the fortress then?” she joked softly weaving her way through the obstacle course to get a good starting position.

She stopped in front of a decent sized barrel and waited for further instructions. She preferred to start in the background of fighting and move forward as support, plus the longer she could stay in the game the better off she’d be.

location || D16 ( near barrel ) •• company || teammates? •• tag ||

@ViAdvena

Cecilia Rizzo Pellegrini

Location: AEGIS Training Facility 108 - Drydocks -> Southwest D2

People around: Blue Team partners

Interactions: @simj22

-It's a game of Dodgeball but, with snow!-

Cecilia had been dragged out of her thoughts by the screaming of a militar-looking teacher. He had explained to the students what this mysterious exam was about: Dodgeball. Okay it was being played on the snow and with snow but it still was the very same Dodgeball Game she had loved as a kid.

Cecil regained her energy. Her exam was a game she loved and the activity would take her attention from all the cold! It was perfect.

She went to the Southwest side of the dock and hid behind a barrel waiting for it to start. Cecilia then looked around and saw several people he didn't know yet who were probably her blue team partners. Among them, she noticed a brown haired boy who had crouched down in the snow and was looking defeated already... Cecil waved at him but, the boy seemed to have too much in mind to notice her.

Cecilia positioned herself in a 'ready to start' way and watched the opposite side of the field.

"This should be fun!", she told herself and smiled.

Morgan Brahn

38b739e41c09d357e6b008aa9dad7a1d.jpg

OOC Notes CHEATER MCCHEATERSON!!! @readingraebow
OOC Notes

Company:Maurice, Laurel
It was hard to hide his scowl – Morgan had, in his own words,
“a mild dislike of Mr. Ward”. The man could be quite boorish, and didn’t seem to understand personal space. Exhibit A: the way Mr. Ward basically kicked him into the crowd of students. It wasn’t his fault he slipped on the ice! And he apologized, and still…

Some people had no manners.

Morgan stood up, brushing the snow off his jeans, and limped off to stand with his classmates as Director Swan started going over the new exam. The telepath stood there stone-faced – well, almost stone-faced. The dread started creeping in as the instructions were detailed. A snowball fight. Of all the…

Well, physical tests were fairly normal. Learning to use superpowers was a bit like an extended physical education class. But a snowball fight for an exam? That was just… It was violent. And unnecessary. And it made sense for the sort of things Aegis wanted to teach them, which was the worst possible part.

When Morgan’s name was called for the Red team, he strolled calmly to the north end of the dry dock, pausing for a double take at Bruno’s name on the opposing team. He shook his head, and took his place between Maurice and Laurel, a profound sense of dread and guilt knotting up his stomach already.

“… I’d rather forfeit the exam, than have to throw a snowball at Bruno for a grade,” Morgan murmured as he leaned up against the wall behind the girls, his arms crossed over his chest. Already, his mind was turning, thinking of ways to throw the exam. The instructions said no powers, but… he gently spun his limiter around his wrist. Could other people feel when he was listening to their thoughts? Other telepaths could, he had been told, but who else here even had extrasensory powers besides himself?

He stepped up off the wall.

“Hey,” he said softly to the girls. “Twenty bucks says I can nail one of the teachers in the back of the head.”

It was a blatant lie of course. Morgan was infamous for his terrible aim, due to a combination of clumsiness and poor eyesight. A graceful creature, he was not. But the idea of a snowball splattering across Mr. Ward’s face…

Morgan cracked a smile, and turned his limiter off for just a few seconds, staring at Bruno across the course.

'Hey Bruno. Hit me, and I’ll wear a frilly pink apron to school on Monday. Hit one of the teachers, and I’ll bring some of my mom’s cupcakes for you.'

And just as quickly, he flicked his limiter off, hoping none of the teachers noticed. After all, it wasn’t like the exam had
started

[/table]

Seiko Suzuka

tumblr_static_tumblr_mkdrdwdis41r0va9jo1_500.png

Current Mood: Slightly Worried

Tags: @readingraebow (Close & Mentioned)
@Cheshire Smile (Close) @simj22 (Close)

"Snowball Fight? Seriously? No powers too?" Seiko gaped, her face looking frustrated as a harsh groan left her lips. Her teammates were alright at least... Who were they again? Seiko couldn't quite remember. But she knew Laurel was on her team, which was good. Roza was too, another good thing. Though Seiko never talked to them much, they seemed like fun. There was also the 'ween' artist, he'd probably make for a good laugh. Seiko slowly walked towards Laurel, it seemed like she was there with a few others too. As the girl approached, she could hear Morgan deciding that he wanted to TRY and nail someone in the head. "I highly doubt you can even toss it within a foot of him, but I'd like to see you try." Seiko grinned mischievously, before taking out her extra pair of gloves. "Any of you need it? It's an extra pair, don't even know why I have it. She asked, sticking her tongue out at the last part. Honestly, she'd have to clear her bag soon, before it became an even bigger junkyard.

1hvEZQa.png

eden trammel

8VBeSS0.png

At C2

With Dante, Ioana, [blue Team]

OOC ok sorry my goal here was to just get a damn post out already so if its lower quality i apologize
As Dante threw himself into Eden in thankfulness, he couldn't help but feel a smile creep onto his face and his worries melt away—it wasn't like him to get so worried about a small incident. Suddenly, Dante took on a serious atmosphere and whispered to him, "Was there someone else last night? A third person? I'm not crazy, right?"

"I'm not sure," he answered lowly. "I think – was? – no, I don't know. But the exams are starting soon, I have to get working here." With that, he turned to the wall and began whipping his arm furiously at the paint. Dante attempted to call over to the unfamiliar girl he walked past earlier, but she was already beginning to walk away. Perking up at his mention, Eden looked over his shoulder and shouted a quick "Hey," but she didn't hear him. Shrugging, he continued his work.

With more than half of the dock dicks destroyed, Eden's arm dead, and the day about to reach its most drastic event, Hunter Ward's booming voice crept into his eardrums from somewhere distant. "Shit!" he yelled, dropping the brush immediately and dragging Dante towards the obstacle course. "We gotta go now!" Leaving the deconstruction of the drawings almost done, he dashed over to the dry dock while straining his ears to discern the dour teacher's drill sergeant voice. His heart dropped slightly at the discovery of the team list – Dante was on the other side, as well as Seiko. At one point, it was possible he would have to duel or exploit them. But he would take measures to delay the need to do so.

Finally arriving, he spotted the Blue Team beginning to assemble and slowed down to a steady walk. Taking off his hat and casting it to the side, he exposed his full head of hair and slipped on a crooked grin. "Alright," he said, "let's get started, then. I'm Eden."

Mitch Castle

Current Mood: Slightly disappointed, excited, nervous, and worried

With: The rest of the Blue Team, with
@simj22 and noticed @Necessity4Fun

Mr. Red is always as intimidating as ever, slamming a pipe onto the railing to create a loud noise to get everyone's attention. He looked down at them, and without further ado started explaining about what are they going to do and what kind of midterm exam it's going to be. So they are going to separate the students into two team, red and blue. And instead of a bloody battle royale or something like that, it's a snowball war. A child's play, except this one has rules and played in a huge, complex arena and will decide their grade. It was such a huge letdown to hear that they are not allowed to use their powers. Really? No superpowers? Mr. Red threatens to throw anyone who uses their power out into the ocean and Mitch believe that he is going to really do that and God knows what else he's going to do to anyone who break the rule.

Mr. Red then started shouting out names. Red team first, then Blue. She recognized some of the name, but did not exactly remember who's who. Can't be helped, she's always have a bad time memorizing names. She will remember when she meet them, if not she'll find a way. Mitch then headed toward the southern end of the course, excited to meet her team and talk about a way to win this competition.

That's his power. Her senses suddenly whispered inside her mind, said nothing else and left her confused. What does that mean? Whose power? She cannot see anything. She did not detect any weird gust of wind, everything around her is perfectly normal including the black specks in the air that looked like ash or coal. Sometimes her senses worked like some information broker. If you want to know more, you have to pay.

She kept walking until she saw a brown haired boy, with a crutch, crouched down in the snow. From the other side of the field, a friendly looking girl who waved at the boy trying to get his attention. Something's odd. Maybe the boy injured himself or maybe suddenly get sick.

"Hey," Mitch approached him. "Are you okay? Is there's something wrong? "

ROW91sJ.png

Marianne Ross

North drydocks, F15

Mentioned:

@readingraebow
@welian

Marianne never heard Laurel's own thought about the dock because right after that, a loud clang resonated through the area, catching the attention of most people. Mary turned around to see where the sound came from. Oh, wasn't it Mr. Ward? That particular teacher was relatively new here, but there's plenty or rumors circulating around him already. Rumors that he used to be military's top-notch soldier, that he had crashed several planes with his power at once, that the students he punished need to get all their joints reconstructed, that his lesson only had 10% survival rate, that he literally digests steel and gunpowder for nutrition--

Okay, the last one was actually just a rumor Mary spread for fun and giggles, but hey, it's not entirely impossible.

Anyway, it turned out the teacher was announcing the exam's technical process. So it was indeed a snowball fight. But alas, no power they said? There went her favorite move of making the opponent get hit by their own attack. Oh well, you can't always get what you want. Although she wondered if she could sneak a portal or two... but no, as long as the opposite team play fair, she would try to play fair too. The keyword is try.

Following her assigned team, Mary moved to the north end of the dock. She answered Laurel with a chuckle. "Yep, teammates. Although this sound more like 'conquer the fortress' game." Her gaze swept across the other members of the Red team. Besides Laurel, there was another unfamiliar ponytail girl (perhaps she's new?), that thoughtful pretty boy with glasses (his name begin with M or something...Morgan?), the airy girl with colorful hair (Seiko, she remembered), the bright Russian girl (she only remembered her last name, Varabyova), the deceptively tough guy (Dante Infern- wait, that's not his last name), the fair Asian girl (Ha-eun) and the dark-haired magnetic boy (she only knew his nickname, Ben). That's quite a team they got here.

Mary tilted her head at Morgan's word. "Twenty bucks?" she sounded amused, "I would raise the bet if I were you. You know, to pay the hospital bill in case you succeed."

Ren Lee

I can't believe he just left me behind.

Ren had, admittedly, struggled to say anything more. She hadn't called after Morgan, didn't think she needed to.

They'd given her a used map.

Thank god.

Either which way, she made it to the dry dock, just in time to hear the instructions.

A snowball fight...? That couldn't be that bad, could it? And.. no powers, to boot. At least I'm not going to end up dead...

She walked toward the South end of the field, craning her neck to look at her teammates. Damned if she knew any of their names, at all.

Everyone here was taller than her, too. Who looked the least intimidating?

She scanned the field in front of her. There was a girl, almost a foot taller than her, short brown hair - talking to a man (boy?) with a cane.

She was asking if he was alright - though he did look slightly... well, crippled.. Ren didn't think there was much of a concern. It didn't look new, really, did it?

Not if he had a cane.

Either way, Ren hovered five or six feet away from the pair, waiting to see what was expected in this snowball fight.

She'd participate, she thought - better than making the teachers pissed on her first day.

Ioana C?l?toru
Extra

5a6HfGZ.png

Tags: @Swimswamswom , @Giyari

OOC Notes:Oh boy so much fun!

Song: Magna -D ivide
[/font]
It was, indeed, obvious that Ioana arrived at a somewhat inappropriate time. What was this? Snowball fights? Red versus Blue? Caboose? No? Right. Back on track. Fun. Main word here. She nodded politely to Director Swan before heading off for the little technically legal fight club that was set up in this here dry dock. Place looked decent. As much as a dry dock can look.

You really had to give it to them. It looked better than the prison yard where Ioana played "Don't Get Shanked". A really classy game, if she was being honest. Having to watch your back was good exercise. Kept you on edge, made you feel
alive. For now, she heard Red call her name so she had to go take part in this fun exam.

Down into the pit, she went. Snow, so much snow. It's a good thing she had a spare pair of gloves. She tossed her luggage and her backpack in some cozy, wet and cold looking place. Right, no time for settling in, she supposed. Ioana put her gloves on leisurely.

Teammates. Right. She had teammates. What stood out? Pink hair, that did. 'Alright.' he said, 'Let's get started, then.' he said. Eden, huh? Sounds like a stripper. Ioana shrugged. 'T least it wasn't Destiny. She went up north to the guy. "Right, right. Here's the thing... You seem like you have a plan or some shit" the girl said in a hushed tone. "You think we can take those socially awkward teens on the other side of this pit with these ones in ours?" After a careful analysis of the numbers in both teams, Ioana acknowledged they had one more scrawny teen. Now... if that was an advantage or not she would have to see soon.

Bags in the snow?
Check!

Gloves?
Check!

War face?
Nah.

Greg Masters

Nearby: The instructors & Page

(mentioned: @Zahzi @Giyari @welian @simj22 )

As Greg moved slowly towards Red and Swan once the teams were divided up and had headed down onto the course. “This should be entertaining” he said with a smile as he could see that some of the students were already resisting the chance to have a little fun. “Look at them down there… Half of them don’t even seem to want to enjoy a friendly competition. Back when I was in school, I would have loved the opportunity to do something like this AND have it count as a semester grade…” Greg scoffed as a few students still clumped at each end of the dock, yet to get ready for the start of the event. “I’ve got an idea that might get them moving a little quicker…” Greg said with a sly grin to Red.

Turning from Red, he opened his mouth and in a booming voice that echoed throughout the drydock he said “OKAY COMPETITORS, IT’S TIME TO GET THIS UNDERWAY!” With that, Greg heaved a pair of snowballs into the belly of the drydock. The first one landed only inches from Bruno and the two girls close by, enough for them to take notice that a projectile had just been thrown in their direction and should start retaliating as soon as possible if they wanted any chance of winning (and not being hit). The second snowball landed at the feet of Morgan as he seemed to be “pre-occupied” with something else. Hoping that the impact near his feet would wake him up and get the sense that this was real Greg bellowed out “AND REMEMBER, THIS IS PART OF YOUR SEMESTER EXAM, SO PARTICIPATION IS MANDATORY, GOODLUCK!” Looking down, he could see that some of the students had already started gathering snow to lob at the other side while others began moving up closer to get a better shot.

1hvEZQa.png

eden trammel

8VBeSS0.png

At B-15

With Ioana, Mitch, Ren, Avira, Jasper, Clare, Cecilia

OOC prepare for the storm, my friends
"You seem like you have a plan or some shit," a subdued voice spoke behind Eden. Over his shoulder, he saw the girl he and Dante had met earlier. He raised his eyebrows. "You think we can take those socially awkward teens on the other side of this pit with these ones in ours?"

As he opened his mouth to respond, Greg Masters interrupted and strained his voice to scream across the expanse of the dry dock. "Okay competitors, it's time to get this underway!" Scooping up two handfuls of glistening snow, he flung them down into the pit, inches away from people on either team. "And remember, this is part of your semester exam, so participation is mandatory, good luck!" And it began. Because of the initial shock and confusion the snowballs created, a lull opened in the exam for no more than a second or two. In that small rift, Eden's mind sprung into the action, scanning the course and thinking at a mile a minute. The red team was fast and determined—they had much more combat-ready and agile students than his team. However, they still hadn't taken the offensive. Reviewing the rules for the exam, he could only think of one way they could get an advantage.

A crooked grin cut across his face. "You bet I do." With that, he turned around, bent over and took a ball of snow in his hands. And then he lunged forward and burst into a sprint. "Listen up, Blue!" he shouted with all his energy. "Go
now! If we want to win, we have to charge immediately, and I'll personally deal with anybody who doesn't want to help! I want four people on a target! Target'll be..." He flicked his eyes left and right as he advanced on the red team and settled upon one girl in the corner. If they all converged on her in the corner, not only would she have less room to dodge, but they could monopolize the position and keep their distance from the other members of the team while remaining close-knit. "Maurice! The blonde in the left corner!" All he could do then was continue rushing and hope his teammates would follow.

Gritting his teeth, he pounded on the ground and rocketed past the obstacles. Time was fading away. Finally, nearing a large wooden block, he placed his hands on the edge and used his momentum to hoist himself over it. On the other side, ten feet away, Maurice stood unguarded. His feet slammed on the ground, and without skipping a beat, he raised his hand into the air, squeezed all his energy into his arm, and threw.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

[dice]20148[/dice]

[10] Attacking Maurice Jules, potential hit

Bruno Clare Liew

He barely noticed that she was talking to him while he huddled behind his cover, simultaneously hoping that, at the very least, he would be the last one standing. Or sitting, for that matter. He HAD received Morgan's telepathic phone call, but he refused to pick that one up. If there was something Clare knew how to do, it was to stay behind cover and shut out his ears and mind to everything else. So when the girl, Mitch Castle (
@too much idea) he believed her name was, approached him, he had almost not noticed that she was talking to him, and when he did, a snowball struck the ground next to him, promptly causing him to gave a distressed squeak. He scrambled back into the cover that he was already huddled behind (B2), pulling the girl down with him.

Shouted instructions rang through the air, of which he caught only "The blonde in the left corner!", which he assumed was the named target. At the mention of blonde, the image of Moe came into mind. Apologising with all his might in his heart, he balled up the snow in his hands, ignoring the freezing pain in his bare hands, scrabbled to his feet, and tried to make a leap forwards, over his original cover. His foot caught the edge of it, and sent him sprawling onto the ground, earning him a face full of snow. Giving rather desperate-sounding cries, he crawled forwards behind the wall of snow ahead of him (
D10 ), and paused for a moment. Gathering his strength, he poked his head out and...meekly tossed the snowball at the first person he saw in a fit of panic, before ducking back down into cove, all the while making quite a bit of pitiful sounds while he was at it.

This was, of course, before he realised he didn't bring his crutch with him.

@welian

[dice]20158[/dice]

Cecilia Rizzo Pellegrini

People around: Blue Team partners

Attacking: Maurice

Interactions: @CheshireSmile

-Take this!!!!!!-

Cecilia was in a adrenaline rush already by the time the pink-haired boy announced who they would elect as target.

A snowball had fallen down close to her earlier but she just looked at it quickly and then returned to her concentrated state.

She locked her sight at the target, A blond girl and without thinking rushed at once in her direction.

Cecil didn't have an easy time dodging the obstacles but as soon as she got closer to Maurice (That was the name the pink hair guy he'd shouted) She made a snowball and leaped, as higher as her legs allowed her.

Once in the air, Cecilia used the gravity force along with her own strength to throw the ball, with a diagonal trajetory, in the blond girl's direction.

"Try and defend this!!!!!!!!", she screamed at the top of her lungs like a battle cry.

When back in the floor, Cecil quickly hid behind the nearest crate and waited for her action's result.

She, however, didn't think that after all that, she was now easily reachable to the enemy team as well...

[dice]20169[/dice]

Page Morgan

State of being: Toasty Warm

Nearby: Pretty much everyone

@'s:
@Giyari

OOC:

efdFP7i.jpg

The smell of burnt paper lingered in the air, wafting around the clerk as she stood there awkwardly for a moment. As Jason Swan addressed her, after he had attempted to suppress a laugh, Page suddenly looked like she just had a bar of soap jammed into her mouth. Finding the words as Ioana joined the others for the exam, "There is a matter Director, I know I have only been here a few weeks but....Think of the children...."

Begrudgingly Page offered up the toasted prisoner transfer email, still mostly intact, aside from the crisped and blackened corner. Which might have been a good idea, to do before she had gotten to babbling. Embarrassed the flustered woman went to focusing her gaze on the students as they all were taking positions within the course, after Red had broken them off into teams. Anything to avoid looking at Director Swan, as eye contact would have somehow make it an admission of guilt to the burn marks. Working to keep a shred of dignity, Page shook off a shiver and found her normal uptight tone, "I found this in my inbox, I was unsure if you were aware. I wanted to ensure you had it."

It was now clear to Page, he had be aware, at least on some level; because the person in question had been sent out on the course for the exam. Page saw no point in prolonging her own suffering, not to mention, wanting to see what was about to unfold between the students. Closing her eyes for a moment, a long exhale released a cloud of vapor as Page grew warm again. Not as before, a flash. No, this was a slow simmering heat that rolled out and down her body. The heat radiated off her, like a furnace that had been left on too long. Though no flames were visible on her flesh or clothing.

If not for the blazing orbs that were her eyes, the warmth might have been inviting. Still, Page was working to become more comfortable with her powers. Now seemed as good a time as any, as the students were now far enough away to not really take notice. Giving the Director a quick glance, she stayed within ear shot but scampered off. Taking up a spot on the side, right in the center seemed the most logical. This offered up a great vantage point as Greg Masters hurled several snowballs at the poor students and the games began.

Several students seemed quick on the up take and ran into defensive stances. While others still went all out declaring war, like young Cecilia. Her battle cry before ducking out of sight was enough to cause Page, to fight off a giggle.

Mitch Castle

Current Mood: Excited, hesitates

With: Blue Team (Interaction with
@simj22 ), attacking @Cheshire Smile

The battle just started and many things happened in the first two minute.

First, for absolutely no reason Mr Greg threw a snowball at them. Mitch stepped back and let it hit the ground and unexpectedly the boy, who she thought was sick, squeaked and pulled her down with him. Mitch let out a yelp as she fell, and quickly got back on her feet. Seconds late the boy, who previously introduced himself as Eden, shouted at the top of his lungs ordering them to target Maurice, who's hiding in the left corner. She sees her, hiding behind an obstacle with one or two teammates. What could be better than announcing the name of the team's target aloud like this? It surely and should cause panic in the red team, and if the entire blue team rain down this poor 'Maurice' with snowballs, three or four should manage to hit her and knocked her out the fight fast.

Eden then went straight toward enemy's territory, close enough that he should be able to hit them right in the face before he could be stopped. He's too far and they cannot risk getting him trying to drag him back to their side. If he's fast enough to dart to the other side of the arena, so hopefully, he has enough energy to retreat back at full speed.

Mitch glanced down to talk with the brown haired boy from before, but he has disappeared from in front of her. He is now hiding behind a wall of snow, throwing a snowball at one of the enemies. Really? No proper strategy talk? What a wonderful start.

"Everyone, move forward in pairs!" Mitch hunched down to grab a pile of snow and started rounding up a snowball. Eden, the brown-haired boy, and the long-haired girl who waved at the boy before have started attacking from the right. So she should try to flank them from the left. She moves close enough, and tossed the snowball at full force.

[dice]20194[/dice]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back