• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Aedighar [closed]

Being with Rydan was one of the things that made Antra happy to be in Wheldrake where she was. He was such a kind man, and Antra felt lucky to call him her husband. Gods know that she could’ve ended up with someone horrible, but Brynden had made a good choice. Antra thought that they’d be able to become happy one day, too. She did feel so much closer to him now.

Though Antra was still in love with Elias, would that ever fade? It had been months since they’d last seen each other, though they did write letters now and then. Antra hoped that he was doing well and she caught herself writing more and more about Rydan in her letters. Maybe that was stupid of her, but she couldn’t help it. Would Elias rather hear about how her crown was uncomfortable? Rydan was much more interesting to write about.

Now Elias was out of her mind though while Antra put her trust in Rydan. Of course she trusted him and she felt excited about what it may be. Whatever it was, it would probably be sweet and make Antra ecstatic. She couldn’t stop smiling while her view was completely blocked by his hands. Antra was a little wary of where she put her feet, but so far there had been no issues.

To try to figure out where they were headed, Antra listened to the sounds around her. It was getting late, so there wasn’t the usual daily chatter, but Antra could still pick up on some conversations. They seemed to quiet down when they passed the people, though. Antra assumed they were probably greeting their King and Queen, but their Queen was very much oblivious to that right now. She hoped that wasn’t rude.

Only when Antra heard the sounds of waves become clearer did she get a vague idea where they were going, “are you planning on drowning me? You won’t succeed, I’m quite good at swimming.”

"We'll see about that,” Rydan laughed.

That made Antra giggle again, “well then I’m pulling you down with me.”

"Oh really?"

“Really.”

While Antra kept giggling, Rydan soon made her stop and she obeyed. She kept her hands on his wrists, though she eagerly waited for him to let her look around again. Soon enough, the darkness in front of her eyes was gone and Antra blinked a few times to get her sight back. She chuckled and looked around only to have her eyes land on a ship. No surprise there, really, because it was stunning.

But Antra refused to believe that that was it, because of course Rydan wouldn’t spend that much gold for her. She looked up at him and smiled a little, “is it inside the ship?”

"That ship is yours. That's the surprise.”

The only thing Antra could get past her lips was his name. Had he really done that? Was this a joke, perhaps? So much gold and time must’ve gone into this, and she didn’t feel worthy of it. Antra couldn’t even really think of a gift that she’d given to Rydan that was worth mentioning next to this.

"I know how much you miss your family. This ship will take you to Nilfgaard faster than what a horse could."

Hearing that made Antra lean up to kiss him to show her gratitude. She turned around so that she could wrap her arms around his neck and press up against his body. Gods, Rydan was so wonderful. Antra didn’t feel like she deserved this, but it was such an amazing gift. Rydan was right, traveling on land would take so much longer than going by the sea, especially if they’d have the wind on their side. He was so thoughtful.

Rydan’s hands squeezed her waist and Antra couldn’t help but laugh a little which made her pull away from his lips a little, “you are mad.”

“Am I?” Rydan laughed.

“Yes. Gods, Rydan…” Antra chuckled and shook her head, turning a little so that she could look at the ship again, “it’s really mine?”

“It is.”

Now Antra could definitely go to Nilfgaard. She wondered if Rydan would join her or if she would have to rely on the company of her guards. Antra hadn’t really been out at sea, so she thought that it might be terrifying and that she’d likely get sick. It didn’t sound like a fun journey to make on her own, but if she’d have to she would. In the end, she would see Brynden and Aryana again, after all. Maybe Willelm as well, if she’d be lucky.

“I can’t believe you did that.”

"I wanted to do something special for you."

“Thank you, Rydan. You’re wonderful,” Antra said before turning around to face him so that she could kiss him again.

They kissed and Antra smiled, feeling Rydan’s fingers stroking through her hair. He was so sweet for doing this. Antra had no idea how she could ever thank him for what he’d given to her. She moved her hands to his cheeks, but Rydan pulled away soon enough. Antra giggled and let him take her hand and lead her towards the ship. It was hard for her to believe that it was hers, not part of the fleet or perhaps a wealthy merchant’s.

The slight glimmer in Antra’s eyes caused his cheeks to ache. Rydan couldn’t stop smiling.

If he could have done it all over again, Rydan would have done so in a heartbeat. All those months of hard work to make it perfect had been worth it. He would undoubtedly relive this moment in his dreams for weeks to come. Nothing could compare to the cheerfulness in her eyes. Had it not been for the pure excitement that rushed through him, Rydan would have stood there for an eternity with her, but he wanted to show her the ship. He wanted to makes sure that she’d like it as much as he did as he couldn’t get over its beauty.

Compared to the other ships Rydan had seen, hers was stunning. The small details on it must have taken so long, but he had made sure to give the workers more than enough gold for all their hard work.

Antra had called him mad, but Rydan thought she deserved this. There was no woman in Aedighar kinder than her. It was only fair that he got to give her this gift for all the happiness she brought into their life. Often he liked to think that it was because of her that their marriage was working. He couldn’t have asked for a better wife, and Antra deserved this gift as Rydan wanted her to have a chance to do what he assumed she wanted the most.

“Do you like it?”

"I love it."

Briefly Rydan could remember their conversations about the sea. Since he was quite used to it, he found it hard to understand how anyone could be afraid of the sea, but he tried his best. The route to Nilfgaard wouldn’t be too bad. They’d be close to land for the most of the journey in case anything were to happen. Either way, Rydan was glad that Antra loved it. If they had time one day, he would have liked to travel to see his family as well.

Rydan squeezed her hand as he brought her onboard the ship.

Gods, it was beautiful. With his vivid imagination, it was almost too easy for him to end up getting lost in his own thoughts about how amazing it would be to sail with her ship. He let go of Antra’s hand to let her wander around the deck. Since the ship had never met the harsh waves of the sea, the woodwork of it looked shiny as he assumed they must have infused it with oils from how much it shone. But Rydan ended up admiring Antra now that she walked around admiring the ship. She looked beautiful.

“I will have to find you a crew that you can trust,” Rydan said as he walked over to her.

"I'm sure you'll find capable men,” Antra smiled, but Rydan thought she looked quite occupied with admiring the ship.

“I’m not sure if I’d be able to come with you, though.”

"I'd like for you to join me, though."

Antra closed the distance between them, and Rydan grabbed onto her waist to pull her to him. It would have been nice to travel with her since he wanted to spend time with her and her family. Lord Brynden was a good man, and from everything that he had heard from Antra, he imagined that Lady Aryana was a kind woman. He had briefly seen her in Wheldrake after the war and during their wedding, but he had never gotten to form any kind of bond to either of them. He would have enjoyed that, but he wasn’t sure if he would be able to join her.

“That would be nice.”

"The Hand can watch over everything while we're away,” Antra shrugged while stroking her fingers over his shoulders.

“If you’re confident about that working out, I don’t mind. I’ll come with you then,” he chuckled.

"Good,” she said while smiling at him and wrapping her arms around his neck.

They would have to plan their journey out a lot more than this, but Rydan figured that it could wait until another day. For now, he wanted Antra to enjoy her ship, and he bent down to grab onto her thighs so he could lift her up into his arms again. As he began walking towards the quarterdeck where her cabin laid, Antra played with his hair while giggling. He chuckled at that squeezing her thighs gently as he leaned forward to press a kiss against her cheek.

Antra hugged him which gave Rydan the chance to focus on walking and not how pretty she looked right now. The last thing he wanted to happen was for him to trip and embarrass himself. Once he reached the door the led to her cabin, though, Rydan let her down as he opened the door for her. He thought that her cabin must have been the most beautiful part of the ship.

Rydan found himself chuckling while watching Antra stepping inside and looking around in the cabin. It had fairly high standards compared to the ships he’d been on, but she was the Queen, and she deserved the best. He closed the door, leaning against it while watching her closely, assuming that she liked it as much as he did.

The ship was so gorgeous and with every new detail that caught her eyes, Antra grew more and more in love with it. She wondered how much work had gone into it and how she hadn’t found out about it. It must’ve taken many men and many weeks to get it done. Antra loved every part of it and she hoped that Rydan had paid the men well - they deserved it.

Somehow the cabin was even more wonderful than anything Antra had seen outside. She was quite in love with it and her eyes kept looking around as she admired every inch of the room. Rydan was so thoughtful and Antra didn’t know how in the world she could thank him enough for this. When Antra turned to look back at Rydan again, he was leaning against the door and he seemed quite happy.

“Thank you,” Antra smiled brightly and closed the distance between them again.

“You’re welcome.”

“It has to be the best gift I’ve ever received.”

"I'm glad you think that."

Antra giggled and leant forwards to kiss him again, resting her hands on his shoulders. Rydan was stroking her hair so sweetly, it made Antra smiled and press more against his chest, while Rydan’s hands rubbed against her waist. Could they truly travel to Nilfgaard together? Antra thought that it would be just fine to leave the Hand to deal with all matters at court while they were away. He was a capable man, Antra trusted him and thought it would be wise to leave him in charge. They wouldn’t be gone too long, anyways.

The thought of seeing her brothers and Aryana made Antra so excited. She missed them so much and all she wanted was to see them again. The ship might allow her to do that, so it truly was the greatest gift Rydan could’ve ever given her. Antra hoped Rydan knew how much this meant to her. It gave her the chance to see her family, after all, and what could be better than that?

“You are such a wonderful husband.”

"I'm very lucky to be your husband."

Hearing that made Antra smiled brighter and kiss him again. Maybe that was true, since Rydan did seem to enjoy her company a lot. Though she did still feel quite guilty, since she still held feelings for Elias and probably would for some time. That didn’t seem fair on Rydan, but Antra didn’t feel like he minded too much. Not that they spoke much of it, anyways.

It made Antra’s body tingle when she felt Rydan’s fingers stroke against her back. Could she love two at the same time? It felt like her heart might just be big enough to do that. Rydan was such a good husband, after all. He was much better than she had ever expected. Antra realised very well that she was so lucky to have a husband as caring and loving as Rydan was.

“I don’t know how to thank you for this.”

"You don't have to thank me."

“It’s such a perfect gift, though. Expensive, too. Gods, I don’t even want to know how much gold it cost,” Antra chuckled.

"Don't worry about that. It was all worth it."

Hearing such words never quite failed to make Antra blush. She didn’t quite agree, as she didn’t believe just her smile and happiness was enough. Maybe Antra would think of something later. Perhaps visiting Rydan’s family would count as a gift? Antra thought that might be nice and the ship would have yet another use. She thought Rydan would be happy to travel back home and maybe her presence would bring him joy as well.

Rydan was stroking his fingers against her cheek and Antra giggled a little, leaning her head against his hand. It only made her even happier when Rydan told her how beautiful she was. Antra couldn’t help but say the same to him, because he was truly a handsome man. Rydan was wonderful in every way possible, really, and she hoped one day she’d be able to love him as truly as a wife ought to.

Her words made Rydan chuckle and he leant in to kiss her. Antra smiled and kissed Rydan, moving her hands to rest on his cheeks. After a while, Rydan pulled away from the kiss and took her hand in his as he lead her over to the window in the cabin. Antra leant against him then and smiled as she imagined what the view might be out at the sea. Terrifying and beautiful was what she thought it might be like.

"You should send a letter to your brother. We could start planning unless you want to make it a surprise."

“No, I should inform him of our visit. I don’t think Brynden would like a surprise like that,” Antra laughed.

Rydan chuckled, "okay, no surprises."

“You’ll love Nilfgaard, though. It’s so wonderful.”

The thought of showing Rydan her home made Antra ecstatic. She thought that he would enjoy it so much and find it as lovely as she did. Antra already thought of everything she could show him and the fun they could have. Obviously mostly she wished to spend time with her family, but showing her husband around being alone with him would also bring her great joy. Either way, Antra thought that a trip to Nilfgaard would make her incredibly happy and she hoped it’d be the same for Rydan.

wMPnm44.gif

Blissful
Chapter CXLIII
House Hastwyck
Sow knowledge, reap wisdom.
Santrella, Southern lands of Aedighar

Ever since the conversation about children and settling down, Elias found himself scratching the back of his neck and fiddling with the hem of his shirt as he walked towards Arthor’s room. Connas meant a lot to Arthor, but he wondered if it would upset him to see Connas because of how sensitive the topic of family was to him.

Many worries rushed through his mind, but Elias knew they were mostly irrational thoughts that didn’t matter much. He wanted to be there for Arthor, but he assumed that Leanah would be there as well. That only made it more nerve-wracking for him. They weren’t close. Elias had briefly spoken to her from time to time, but he knew she was aware of the relationship he had to Arthor, and he was very aware of the relationship she had shared with Arthor. Would it be awkward? Would he end up getting upset?

Having a child must have been a beautiful thing to experience. Elias was glad that Arthor got to experience it and that Leanah was kind enough to give him a chance to feel like a father. A part of him worried that it wasn’t healthy for them, but he knew better than to confront them about it. If they were happy, Elias wouldn’t question it.

What he hadn’t expected to see when he opened the door to Arthor’s room was Leanah cuddled up to Arthor on the bed. They both laid there, and Arthor held Connas in his arms while Leanah looked to be half asleep from where Elias stood. For a moment he thought they looked like parents, which they were, but he quickly scolded himself for thinking that they looked like something more than that as well.

“Arthor,” Elias said as he closed the door behind him.

Because of the child and the fact that Leanah looked like to be asleep where she laid, Elias tried to be as quiet as he could be as he walked towards the bed. Arthor had such a bright smile on his face as he carefully sat up, and that immediately made all his worries disappear. He had wanted to meet Connas, and he knew he had nothing to worry about. Connas made Arthor happy, and Elias was pleased about that. Before sitting down at the edge of the bed, Elias quickly glanced over at Leanah. Having a child must have been exhausting as well.

"Meet Connas."

Arthor had his gaze on Connas, and Elias watched him closely as he stroked his fingers against the child’s cheek. Gods, he did look like Arthor. Once Elias looked down at Connas he almost couldn’t tear his gaze away from him. Was it wrong of him to think that he was a beautiful child? He looked rather peaceful in Arthor’s arms, and only now did he notice that Leanah wasn’t asleep as he could see her fingers stroke against Arthor’s arm. Now he felt a little bad for not greeting her, but he knew this wasn’t a formal meeting after all.

“He does look like you,” Elias mumbled with a slight chuckle.

It didn’t seem like Arthor agreed as he chuckled and shrugged, but Elias thought that it was rather clear that Connas was Leanah and Arthor’s child. That wasn’t exactly a positive thing because of the circumstances, but Elias didn’t want to mention that. Not in front of Leanah since she was awake.

“Hi Elias,” she mumbled, and Elias greeted her back with a smile before his gaze went back to Connas.

Because of how peaceful he looked to be, Elias raised his hand to let his fingers barely touch his cheek. They felt soft, and it made him chuckle at how strange it felt to know that this was Arthor’s son. In a weird way he felt connected to Connas, but perhaps that was only because of the deep bond he shared with Arthor. Either way, it was a strange sensation to see Connas, and Elias was glad that he had decided to do this.

"Do you want to hold him?" Arthor asked as their gaze met.

“Yes,” Elias nodded with a bright smile.

To make it easier for Arthor, Elias moved to sit next to him with his back against the headboard. Gods, Arthor was so careful when he handed Connas over to him, and it felt as if his heart was about to stop from how strange it felt to have Connas in his arms. He wasn’t even sure if he was doing it right, but he held out his arms to let Arthor lay Connas in them in whatever way he wanted to. Arthor guided his arms to lay correctly, and Elias just sat there while he let Arthor do that. Was it wrong for him to admire Arthor even more now?

Elias thought that this suited Arthor, and perhaps even changed him a little since he was now a father.

“He’s so tiny,” Elias mumbled.

"I know,” Arthor smiled as he leaned his head against his shoulder.

Elias looked over at him but quickly glanced down at Connas again with a smile. It was difficult for him to look away from him, and Elias chuckled as he stroked his fingers against his cheek again. He thought he must have looked rather silly from how much he was smiling, but Connas was bringing him joy. Now he understood what Arthor felt, or perhaps not the aspect of being a father, but he understood what it felt like to hold a child. Gods, it was a wonderful feeling, and Elias chuckled as he stroked his fingers down to Connas’ hand.

It made Arthor happy that Leanah had agreed to let Elias meet the child as well. After all, she didn’t quite have a reason to refuse his proposal. It was important to Arthor that Elias would get this opportunity, and he thought it would be sweet. He was a little unsure about having both Leanah and Elias in the same room at the same time, but nothing bad would happen. Arthor doubted anyone would get upset.

Obviously Leanah was tired from being a mother, so Arthor took it upon himself to watch over Connas alone while he let Leanah rest against his side. He didn’t mind, because Connas was so calm in his arms. Maybe he really did know that Arthor was his father and that’s why he was so still. The three of them laid there for a while and Arthor felt so happy that he too almost fell asleep.

Only when Elias walked inside did Arthor sit up a little so that he could focus on him. When Elias took the child, Arthor found himself admiring him. He thought Elias looked nice with a child in his arms. Being a father would suit him so well, but Arthor didn’t know if it would ever happen. He hoped that it would and that Elias would be happy, but he was afraid that it might not become a reality.

With his head on Elias’ shoulder, Arthor stroked Leanah’s hair absentmindedly while he felt her fingers against his chest. It just felt so blissful to sit here around all of the people that he loved so much. Arthor felt happy, he truly did and he wanted this moment to last forever. Though such innocent, nice thoughts were quickly replaced with different ones when he felt Leanah’s fingers stroking further down his torso. His hand slipped down Leanah’s hair to rest instead on her back while he stroked his fingers against her spine.

Almost desperately, Arthor tried to focus on Elias and Connas instead, “he’s lovely, isn’t he?”

"He's perfect."

“I know.”

At that, Arthor chuckled a little and pressed a kiss against Elias’ shoulder before he moved his head to lean against the headboard again. He watched Elias closely. If it was possible, Arthor loved him even more at this moment. There was such a sweet smile on Elias’ face and Arthor couldn’t get enough of it. Maybe they could see Connas together more often, Arthor thought that he would like that.

"And he's so calm."

Just barely, Arthor felt Leanah’s fingertips stroking against his thigh. He tried to focus on the child again, but Gods it was hard. Arthor moved his arm around Elias’ shoulders then, pulling him closer so that he’d lean a little against him, “I know. Leanah keeps telling me how loud he is, but I’ve yet to see it.”

"Let's pray that doesn't happen now then,” Elias chuckled as he leant against Arthor’s side.

“It won’t. He must like you.”

"You think so?"

Since Connas didn’t mind at all to be held by Elias, Arthor thought that that was the case. If he wouldn’t like him, then Arthor imagined he’d likely throw a fit. Now he was just as calm as he’d been in Arthor’s arms, so Arthor thought that was a good sign. It just made Arthor happy that this was working out well and that Connas wasn’t upset to meet a stranger.

“If he didn’t, then he’d probably be crying already.”

"I'm glad he likes me then."

At that, Elias laughed as did Arthor. He leant in to press his lips against his jaw, kissing along it all the way up to Elias’ ear. Arthor couldn’t resist but whisper rather inappropriate things and compliments into his ear as the smile on his face grew. All Elias could say to that was mumble Arthor’s name quietly, which made him laugh and pull away. The look in Elias’ eyes when he looked at him amused Arthor probably too much.

“Everything alright?”

“Yes.”

Arthor chuckled and looked at Connas again. For whatever reason, now he found it a little easier to focus. He smiled and brought his hand to Connas’ tiny hand to stroke it gently. Gods, he was so lovely. Arthor wondered what he’d be like when he’d be all grown up. Gods know if he’d ever see it, but perhaps he’d be lucky enough. Arthor hoped that he’d make a good ruler, at least.

“He’s adorable.”

“He really is. I can’t get enough of him.”

If Arthor could, he’d spend everyday with Connas. He was so adorable and fun to be around, even though he didn’t do too much yet. Arthor thought that once he’d grow older, they could play together and he was already looking forwards to it. Maybe he could even teach him how to swordfight one day. Imagining it all was enough to make Arthor smile to himself.

"I understand that now."

Arthor chuckled, “you do?”

There was a weird tension in the room that Elias couldn’t explain. Something in the air was making it feel as if his clothes were suffocating him from how hot it suddenly had gotten. Strange thoughts rushed through his mind as he thought about the words Arthor had whispered to him. For a brief moment he wished that Connas wasn’t with them, but he didn’t want to say that out loud as he had no idea how Arthor or Leanah would react. Why was he even thinking of such things in the first place? Gods, it had to be the change in the air that made him feel weird.

“I do,” Elias nodded.

“Good,” Arthor said with a smile while stroking his hair.

Connas was such a sweet child. He looked to be asleep in his arms which warmed Elias’ heart, but Elias found it difficult to focus on Connas with all the strange tension he felt. It didn’t make much sense to him, and the temptations that filled his mind were far from innocent. He tried his best to push them away, though.

When Elias looked over at Arthor, though, he looked so handsome. Had Connas not been in his arms he would have liked to stroke his hands over his body, but instead, he leaned onto Arthor while admiring both him and Connas. The only thing that made it even weirder was the fact that he didn’t mind that Leanah laid there close to Arthor. It almost felt natural, which didn’t make much sense either, but Elias didn’t want to bother his head with such thoughts now that he wanted to focus on Connas. He was truly a perfect child.

“I can’t get over how cute he is,” Elias chuckled.

"Me neither."

Arthor walked his fingers over Connas’ body which made Elias chuckle again at how sweet it all was. When Connas opened his eyes then, Elias met his gaze with a big smile. He greeted him which felt a little silly, but he wanted Connas to know who he was. Hearing Arthor chuckle then only confirmed his suspicion about it being silly, but Elias didn’t mind it, and it seemed to have made Connas happy since he looked rather pleased in his arms. Gods, he was so happy for Arthor. Connas was such a joy to be around.

The rush of joy that went through his body caused Elias to press his lips against Arthor’s cheek before he let his temptations get the better of him. The words he whispered in his ear were just as inappropriate as the words Arthor had whispered to him. Arthor chuckled before looking away, but Elias felt rather pleased with himself.

What was happening to him? Elias could barely control himself, and he thought that he should have thanked Connas for somewhat keeping him sane. He pressed another kiss against Arthor, but this time against his jaw before pulling away so he could focus on Connas. Once he glanced over at Leanah, he noticed her hand on Arthor’s thigh which made those stupid thoughts run through his mind again. It was so silly that Elias chuckled quietly at himself before looking back at Connas.

It was difficult to look away from Connas, but he found himself glancing over at Arthor and Leanah every now and then. Arthor stroked her hair, and Elias heard her mumble Arthor’s name. It made him smile for some weird reason before he looked up at Arthor. He found himself biting his own bottom lip.

When Arthor moved his hands away from both him and Leanah, Elias decided to hand Connas over to Arthor again even if he would have liked to hold him for longer. Had it not been for how hard Elias tried to control himself, he would have had his hand stroking against Arthor. Instead he admired the sight of Connas in Arthor’s arms while Arthor leaned down to press a kiss against Connas’ nose.

“This suits you,” Elias mumbled.

"Suits you too,” Arthor chuckled.

“I think he enjoys to be in your arms more than mine, though.”

"Well, he knows me longer than he knows you. I do think he quite likes you,” Arthor smiled.

“I hope so.”

Watching Arthor play with Connas’ hand made Elias smile so much that his cheeks ached. He leaned against Arthor, resting his head against his shoulder as he looked down at Connas. He had never spent so much time with a child before that this was all very new to him, but he enjoyed it. If anything he wished to do this again if Leanah would let them, but it didn’t seem like she would mind as she looked quite happy as well.

Elias pressed his lips against Arthor’s neck then, chuckling a little as he made the kiss short and sweet. It brought him so much joy to spend time with Arthor, Connas and Leanah. That was something he wouldn’t have expected, but he couldn’t really explain it. There was something in the air that made him feel that way, and Elias wasn’t really complaining as it made him happy, or seemingly it made them all happy. That was a good thing, and it was all he wanted for them as he stroked his fingers over Arthor’s arm.

It was good that Connas was back in Arthor’s arms. Now that he had him back, he could focus on the child again, not Elias or Leanah or whatever he was feeling right now. It was stupid how his mind was wandering because of all the whispers and touches that were being shared. Connas was right here and such things were inappropriate, now Arthor realised that and he refused to think about it again.

To keep his mind away from the two people he was laying between, Arthor instead looked to Connas who was staring back at him. He spoke to him, which seemed stupid, especially considering that they weren’t alone. Arthor felt a bit daft doing it, but it seemed to make Connas happy. Seeing him reacting to his voice, even though Connas couldn’t understand a single word Arthor was saying, made Arthor happy as well.

At that, Elias chuckled and Arthor shook his head, “we’re having a conversation. Don’t laugh.”

“Okay,” Elias chuckled again.

“I’m sure he understands every single word I’m saying. Is that right, Connas?” Arthor asked, looking at his son as though he was actually expecting any sort of response from him.

Now Arthor really couldn’t wait to actually have Connas babble or begin to form sentences. That would have to wait many months, though. Arthor realised that, though he wasn’t too patient. He wished that Connas would understand him, partly because Arthor did feel a little foolish talking to a baby. You needed to hear speech to learn how to talk, though, right? So maybe it wasn’t as stupid as Arthor thought.

But Connas did respond, cooing as though responding to Arthor’s question. Obviously it wasn’t an answer, but Arthor would take it anyways. Gods, it was so adorable that Arthor’s heart could’ve melted because of it. Elias must’ve found it amusing, because he was laughing.

“See? I told you.”

"I won't interrupt."

“Good. We’re discussing serious matters.”

“I see.”

To get the point across and maybe get another laugh out of Elias, Arthor asked Connas questions regarding politics that he himself couldn’t care less about. It did seem to amuse Elias and even Leanah seemed to grow interested in watching Arthor being an idiot. Arthor himself thought it was rather funny and he loved the reactions Connas was giving because of his voice. Or at least he thought that it was because of his voice, or maybe hoped that it was because of it.

Once the topic of politics began to run dry, Arthor began to speak of Elias and Leanah instead. He made a few exaggerations about them and perhaps he wasn’t as nice as he could’ve been. It wasn’t far away from the banter they usually did in private, anyways, so Arthor didn’t think anyone would get offended over it. Arthor thought it was funny and Elias must’ve liked it too, because he pressed a kiss against Arthor’s jaw.

“You have absolutely no clue what I’m saying,” Arthor mumbled and chuckled, kissing Connas’ nose again, “it’s alright. I forgive you.”

"I think he understands."

“I honestly doubt it,” Arthor laughed.

"We can pretend."

“If that makes me look less stupid, sure.”

At that, Elias laughed and Arthor chuckled as he leant against him, and laid his head on his shoulder again while he watched Connas. Elias’ hand moved to his thigh, just like Leanah’s, and Arthor thought he might pass out. He tried to just focus on Connas and how adorable he was, but it was becoming more difficult by the second. Maybe having both Elias and Leanah around him wasn’t the greatest of ideas, after all. Leanah chuckled as she looked at them, so Arthor picked his head up and looked down at her, taking a few strands of her hair and pulling them to cover her face to mess with her a little.

Arthor should’ve pulled his hand away faster, because Leanah caught his thumb between her teeth which caused him to gasp in surprise. He chuckled and pulled his hand away, shaking his head, “that was awfully rude of you, Lady Leanah.”

"Forgive me."

“Perhaps,” Arthor mumbled and poked her cheek before looking back at Connas again, “your mother - so rude.”

His breath hitched when Elias began whispering in his ear again, pressing kisses against Arthor’s neck to make his life a lot more difficult apparently. Arthor looked at him and chuckled, pushing him a little with his hand on his arm. Gods, he should really just try to focus on Connas. Elias and Leanah were acting so strangely, and Arthor didn’t know what to really make of it.

“What?”

Arthor turned his head to look at Leanah then, chuckling a little and smiling at her, “what?”

"Do you need some privacy?"

“No, we’re good.”

Arthor moved a little so that he was laying on his back with Connas still on his chest. He stroked his back and smiled as he watched him, trying to think about him again and not remember the words Elias had said. Leanah stole one of his hands, making him cup her cheek, but Arthor didn’t really mind. Elias was stroking Connas back and Arthor smiled as he watched Connas, while stroking his thumb against Leanah’s cheek gently.

The more time that passed, the more difficult it became for Elias to behave. He should have snapped out of it and apologised to Leanah for his behaviour, but he noticed that slight glint in her eyes that made him think that she was thinking of the exact same thing as he was. It was as if they had mutual feelings about the situation, and that only made it harder for Elias to focus on the fact that Connas was there with them.

Gods, it was pathetic, but it wasn’t as if he could help the tension that had settled between them. It wasn’t his fault.

Leanah had asked if they needed privacy which only confirmed his suspicions. She must have been thinking about the same things as him. Elias had seen the way she behaved with Arthor now, and perhaps he should have been smarter and stopped all this from happening, but it was so fun. What was so harmful about having fun?

It seemed like Connas was slowly falling asleep against Arthor’s chest, which Elias smiled at. Though he was mostly focusing on Connas, it wasn’t difficult to notice the way Leanah looked at Arthor and the way Arthor stroked her cheek. If anything that should have made Elias stop and confront them, but instead, he got such a rush from it as he wanted to have fun with them both. Undoubtedly it was wrong, but when it seemed like Leanah didn’t mind the tension that had built up in Arthor’s room, what was truly so wrong about it?

Elias began pressing kisses against Arthor’s jaw, still keeping his fingers stroking against Connas’ back. When Arthor said his name, he pulled away from him, listening to Arthor chuckle at him. Because of that, Elias shrugged as he sat up. For a brief moment, he wondered if Leanah would like it, but he didn’t attempt to do that.

When Arthor laughed, Elias looked at him before speaking, “what?”

Perhaps it was for the better if Elias pushed his temptations away as Arthor only shrugged and looked at Connas. It wasn’t often he found himself in such situations where he could barely control his mind, but Elias didn’t know why it was like that now. Clearly, he wasn’t alone because of the way Leanah acted which only spurred him on, which made him lay back down before pressing his lips against Arthor’s neck. Gods, he was fucked up.

Arthor chuckled, and Elias wished he knew what Arthor was thinking about right now, but he closed his eyes as he kept pressing kisses against Arthor’s skin.

“You two seem busy. Are you sure you don’t need privacy?” Elias heard Leanah ask.

"I'm sure. If you want to go, that's fine, though,” Arthor said while shaking his head at Leanah.

“She can stay. This is fun,” Elias mumbled against Arthor’s neck.

While Elias had his face somewhat nuzzled against Arthor’s neck, he glanced over at Leanah who pressed a kiss against Arthor’s thumb. It was almost too easy for Elias to notice that glint in her eyes again. If his mind had been clearer, he would have spoken to Arthor about it, but now he only wanted the three of them to have fun. Elias pulled away then to sit up before reaching over to take Connas in his arms. Arthor looked over at him, but Elias smiled reassuringly at him before looking down at Connas.

Elias stroked Connas’ cheek until he felt Arthor’s hand against his thigh. At that, he glanced over at Arthor to see Leanah press her lips against Arthor’s cheek. He watched them both as Arthor chuckled before stroking some hair out of her face, and then his breath hitched when Leanah leaned down to press her lips against Arthor’s. There was something strange about seeing that which made Elias body warm and tingly.

It didn’t exactly make it easier for Elias when he saw Arthor, after much hesitation, kiss Leanah back. To Elias it looked rather passionate, and hadn’t it been for having Connas in his arms he would have liked to be with them right now. It was all so very strange to him, but he couldn’t exactly help himself. Then Arthor pulled away from the kiss, and Elias looked at Leanah just like Arthor did and now he couldn’t help himself anymore.

“Perhaps you should leave with Connas and come back alone,” Elias suggested.

“I could,” Leanah said as she looked over at Arthor.

"You could."

With that, Elias gave Connas to Leanah who took him in her arms before standing up from the bed. Perhaps Elias was a little too excited, but he couldn’t fucking help it. He couldn’t control his own temptations and emotions, but it was slightly strange how none of this felt wrong. If anything it felt like fun, and Elias was glad that Leanah would be coming back. He watched her as she walked towards the door and left with Connas before he turned towards Arthor with a smile on his lips, and it didn’t take him long to lean down and kiss him.

TgH5sS1.gif

Moments.
Chapter CXLIV
House Hastwyck

It was a lot easier to doubt what had happened during the next few days. Arthor sometimes didn’t believe that it had actually happened and sometimes he felt guilty all over because of it. Elias reassured him that it was fine, though, and he was the smartest person Arthor knew so he trusted him. There were no feelings after all. Arthor felt nothing of the sorts for Leanah, which surprised him, really, but it also made him glad.

Life hadn’t changed at all after it. Everything was just fine, and Arthor was almost waiting for something to go wrong because of what they’d done. That never came, though. Even interactions with Leanah weren’t strange. Arthor didn’t feel that tension anymore that he sometimes did when they were spending time together, especially with Connas around. That was good.

They had arranged to meet in the gardens that evening after Arthor got off from work. He couldn’t recall the last time it had just been the two of them, without Connas, so he was excited. Leanah mentioned the fountain, so that was where Arthor was heading. She probably didn’t even have to mention where to find her and Arthor would’ve managed anyways, because he knew all of her favourite places.

Of course Leanah was there. She was sitting by the fountain and she looked breathtaking, like always. A smile grew on Arthor’s face as he walked towards her, “you look a little lonely, Lady Leanah. Mind if I join you?”

“I don’t mind,” Leanah smiled.

With that, Arthor sat down next to her. It was peaceful here, he could admit that. The fountain made gentle splashing noises and paired with the sounds of birds chirping, it was very pleasant and calming to be here. Though Arthor would never actually come here alone, it was always with Leanah. Being here without her seemed almost stupid in a way.

“How are you?”

“I’m good. Work was boring, but I’ll manage. What about you? Is Connas letting you sleep these days?”

"He still wakes me up, but not quite as often. Adian is very helpful, though, so I'm alright."

“That’s good to hear,” Arthor smiled and nodded.

It was good that Leanah had someone like Adian by her side. If he was unsupportive and bitter about what had happened, then she wouldn’t have a good father for her child present. She’d likely be raising Connas alone, and Arthor hated the thought of that. Adian was good and Arthor was glad that she had him to help her.

"I expected it to be worse, but I'm very happy that Connas is behaving."

“Just wait until he starts walking.”

“Oh, I know.”

“It’s going to be alright, though. He’ll be a pain, but it’ll be worth it.”

"Of course. I'm sure I'll be fine."

“You will be.”

Though Arthor was expecting a repeat of his own childhood, he knew that Leanah would fare well with hit. She was a good mother and Connas did seem to be calmer than he had been as a child. There was no doubt that Leanah would come out of it fine and raise her child right. Arthor admired her because of it, in a way. He couldn’t help but see her in a different light now because of it.

At that Leanah smiled and Arthor chuckled, wrapping his arm around her shoulder as he pulled her to lean against his side. Leanah did that, sighing a little and Arthor smiled, kissing the top of her head. For the last week, he’d been happy, but he knew it wouldn’t last so right now he was just desperately trying to enjoy the last moments of it. It would be easier to come back to feeling this good with Elias, Leanah and Connas in his life, though.

"How are you feeling about what happened?"

“What happened?”

"Between us and Elias."

“Oh… well, it was nice,” Arthor chuckled.

“Good,” Leanah chuckled.

“What about you?”

Though it sounded like Leanah was of the same mind as him, Arthor wanted to check. He found it strangely easy to think about it. Arthor thought it was because of Elias that he wasn’t completely freaking about this. If it would’ve been between him and Leanah, then Arthor would undoubtedly lose it again, like he had in the past. This time, it was surprisingly alright, though. Arthor even liked the thought of it.

“It was fun.”

“I agree.”

At that, Leanah chuckled and Arthor laughed a little as he squeezed her against him. Leanah pulled away a little then to look at him and Arthor smiled at her, moving his hand to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. She blushed a pretty pink and Arthor chuckled because of it and how pretty it made her look. Leanah took his hand and stroked her fingers against it, so Arthor raised hers and pressed his lips against her knuckles in what was meant as a sweet gesture.

After everything that had happened, Leanah wondered if she had gotten sick and it had all been some vivid fever dream. The last thing she had expected to happen was for her to sleep with Arthor and Elias. She had thought she would never be intimate with Arthor again, but it had happened, and strangely enough, Leanah thought nothing of it. If anything she was glad that it had happened as it made her realise that what she had once shared with Arthor was over. Those feelings they’d had for each other were gone.

What they had done had been done for fun, and Leanah thought it meant nothing.

Telling Adian about it hadn’t been difficult. Honesty was extremely important to her, especially in her marriage to Adian. For a brief moment, she worried that he would have gotten hurt, but it seemed as if they were both okay with what had happened. Leanah knew that nothing could compare to the way Adian loved her, and she would never give him up for anything. What had happened between them that day had been some harmless fun, and she thought that Adian must have understood that as he did not seem upset with her.

Leanah had worried that her emotions would ruin it all, but it seemed as if it was all working out nicely. She doubted that it would ever happen again, but she was glad that it hadn’t ruined anything as she had enjoyed it. The only thing that slightly bothered her was the relationship Arthor had with Elias as the last thing Leanah wanted was to get in between those two and ruin it. But as a one-time thing, it had been fun, and she was sure that she would never forget about it. She hoped that Arthor and Elias felt the same way.

Now Leanah had agreed to meet with Arthor in the gardens, and spending time with him was quite lovely. His company was nice, and she always felt comfortable in his presence. It was especially nice with all the sweet gestures that made Leanah blush. Gods, she had missed spending time with him as friends without it being awkward. For once she thought that everything was perfect.

After Arthor had pressed a kiss against her knuckles, Leanah pulled her hand away and raised it to cup his cheek. Her hand didn’t rest against his cheek for long as she stroked it into his hair to comb her fingers through the dark strands. When Arthor chuckled and began playing with her hair, Leanah pulled away slightly with a smile.

"I like seeing you happy."

“You make me happy,” Leanah chuckled.

That was no lie. Arthor had the power to put a smile on her face whenever they were together. Leanah returned the smile that Arthor gave her before poking her finger against the side of his body. When he did the same to her, she chuckled which caused her to pinch him instead.

"Hey..."

Arthor chuckled as he tickled his fingers against the side of her body. Now Leanah tried to stop him while she couldn’t stop laughing. She grabbed onto his wrist in an attempt to stop him. At least he stopped, and she sighed as he pulled his hands away and chuckled. This was something she had missed a lot about their friendship. Their ability to have fun with each other. Leanah was glad that they could have fun again, and she hoped it would never fade as she greatly appreciated their friendship and what it had become.

“That was very rude.”

"You aren't being very nice either, Lady Leanah."

“You should treat me nicely, Sir Arthor.”

"Don't I?"

“Not right now,” Leanah chuckled.

"I apologise, my Lady. You're absolutely right."

Sometimes it was strange for Leanah to think about their roles and how they were friends. No one seemed to mind, but she thought that their friendship was quite unique. There was a reason why she had fought so hard for it. It meant a lot to her, and losing it would have made her miserable. They hadn’t always been good to each other, but that didn’t matter anymore as the past was in the past, and Leanah didn’t want to dwell on it. They were happy now, and that was all the mattered to her.

“I forgive you.”

"Thank you. You are so kind,” Arthor said as he took her hand, raising it to press his lips against her knuckles.

“And you’re so sweet.”

“True,” Arthor shrugged with a smile.

Leanah chuckled, pulling her hand away from him as she glanced over at the flowers in the gardens instead. The last time they had been here, it hadn’t gone too well, but now it felt like all that had been bad between them was gone. She hoped they could create new memories now for her to remember. Arthor wrapped his arm around her shoulder, and she didn’t hesitate to lean onto him while keeping her eyes on the flowers. Gods, it felt nice and so peaceful too. Leanah loved every second of this.

It felt nice to sit here with Leanah. Now they felt like friends again and Arthor was sure that a repeat of what happened the last time they were here wouldn’t happen this time. It felt nice and sweet, and Arthor thought they could spend many hours together. He missed spending time with her alone, he realised that now, so Arthor hoped that maybe they could do that again. It was different when Connas was with them, still great, but different.

While they sat quietly, Arthor stroked his fingers against Leanah’s shoulders. They both seemed to be lost in their thoughts, and Arthor wondered about nothing specific. He thought about Leanah, about himself, about Connas and about a family. Maybe Arthor should take his own advice and try to find someone to settle down with. When was the last time he’d even tried to meet someone?

Arthor was pulled away from his thoughts when Leanah stood up, chuckling as she looked at him. That made him a little intrigued and he looked up at her, staying where he was. Though Leanah didn’t let him do that, as she took his hand and tugged on it. Arthor obliged and got up too, chuckling a little as he looked down at her. There something very suspicious about Leanah when she took his other hand too and began walking backwards, laughing as she did that.

Maybe Arthor should’ve pulled away, but he was interested in what Leanah was doing. She was leading him into the mazes of the garden and one of the dead ends if Arthor was right. It seemed that he was. The gardens had a few places like that, and Arthor had slowly memorised them over the years, since the last thing he wanted to do was get lost in here. That didn’t exactly give Arthor any idea as to what Leanah had in mind, though.

Nothing bad happen, though, and the only thing getting hurt was his masculinity when Leanah placed a flower in his hair. Arthor chuckled and shook his head a little, because of how often Leanah had done this before in various phases of their relationship. He still thought it was sweet and adorable, really. Arthor would’ve let her put flowers all over himself if Leanah would’ve wished to do so.

"Don't shake your head. It'll fall out."

“I’m sorry, we wouldn’t want that,” Arthor laughed.

“You look pretty,” Leanah said as she moved her hands to his shoulders.

“Well, I can’t deny that,” he shrugged.

Leanah chuckled and pulled away from him then. Arthor thought that the flower probably suited him. He actually quite liked it when Leanah did that, no matter how feminine that might’ve been. It was lovely and it made Leanah happy, so it made Arthor happy as well. Arthor chuckled and picked a flower so that he could put it in Leanah’s hair in return. He thought she’d look even prettier with it.

Just like Arthor thought, she looked sweet with it. Leanah laughed and smiled before walking away to sit back down on the bench they’d left. Arthor joined her without hesitation and moved his arm around her again, because it felt wrong not to do that.

“You should make me one of those crowns.”

“I could.”

“They’re pretty, I want one.”

Then Leanah got up from the bench to, he assumed, gather more flowers. Arthor chuckled and got comfortable on the bench then, laying down on it and resting his head on the armrest as he watched Leanah. It wasn’t the most comfortable bench in the world, but it would do for now. At least Arthor could stretch out a little, even if his legs were hanging off from the side.

It was peaceful watching Leanah pick the flowers and likely annoy the gardeners in the process. Though maybe they wouldn’t mind, the weather was getting so warm lately that Arthor imagined the flowers would only bloom more and more in the coming weeks. He thought she looked pretty gathering everything and he couldn’t tear his eyes away from him, even though being laid down almost made Arthor want to take a nap then and there.

Once Leanah had enough flowers, she turned and came back to him. Since there was nowhere to sit on the bench because of Arthor, he was going to make some room for her, but Leanah sat down on his thighs before he could do that. Arthor chuckled and stayed how he was while he watched her fingers begin to braid the flowers together. He’d never done that, so it was actually quite interesting to watch. Maybe Leanah found that funny, because she chuckled at him.

“What?”

"You're funny."

“I’m not doing anything,” Arthor chuckled.

"You're staring."

“I think it’s interesting,” he shrugged and Leanah chuckled at it.

There was something captivating about her fingers moving so lightly around the stems as she bound them together. It was relaxing, too, and so Arthor couldn’t quite tear his gaze away from her. Maybe it seemed silly to her and perhaps it really was, but Arthor couldn’t help himself. Some people liked to watch men fight to the death in fighting pits and apparently he liked watching Leanah braid flowers together. To each their own.

“How long does it take?”

A crown of flowers had always been one of her favourite things to make. Ever since Leanah had learnt how to make one, she had loved making them. Knowing that Arthor wanted one, amused her. Flowers had always been very feminine in her eyes, but he suited them. Whenever she had been tempted to put a flower in his hair, she thought he looked rather handsome with the delicate touch of a flower. Leanah thought almost anything would have suited him, or perhaps she was too blinded by the beauty that radiated from him.

While Leanah braided the stems together, binding them tightly to keep every flower in place, she felt his lingering gaze on her. She wanted the crown to turn out beautiful for him. Arthor would likely look very feminine with it on, but Leanah did not mind that at all. If he wouldn’t like it, she wouldn’t mind wearing it either, but she made the shape of it slightly bigger so she was certain that it would fit around Arthor’s head.

“Not that long, but I want to make sure it’ll be beautiful,” Leanah chuckled.

"Just like me."

Leanah glanced over at Arthor as she heard his words, “you’re very handsome, Arthor.”

Since Leanah wanted to finish the crown, she looked away from Arthor once he chuckled. Silence made it easier for her to focus so she could get it right. They were both quiet as Arthor sat up to lean against the back of the bench. A slight smile spread on her lips as he moved his hand to her knee. Leanah leaned her back against him, getting seated in his lap while continuing to braid the stems together. Soon it would be finished.

As she neared the end of the crown, Arthor rested his head against her shoulder. Leanah couldn’t stop smiling until she finished the crown and turned around to slightly straddle his lap. When she raised the crown up to put on his head, she couldn’t help but chuckle at how strange it was to see him with such a feminine touch.

"Thank you,” Arthor chuckled.

“You’re welcome.

Arthor wrapped his arms around her and Leanah smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck. The grip he had around her body was tight while she nuzzled her face against his neck. Everything felt so perfect with Arthor now. Leanah couldn’t even begin to explain what it felt like, but she tried not to think too much about it. The hug didn’t last for long as Arthor chuckled and pulled away, but he did press a sweet kiss against her cheek which made her blush again. Gods, she was pathetic sometimes.

"Does it suit me?"

“Yes,” Leanah nodded.

"I'm glad you think so,” he smiled.

“Of course.”

There was no doubt that Arthor suited the crown of flowers on top of his head. Leanah quite liked it on him, and he must have liked to hear that as he laughed and squeezed his arms around her. She leaned down to rest her head against his shoulder then, pressing her chest closer to his while sighing quietly. Arthor shifted against the bench as he moved to lean his back against the back of the bench, but Leanah stayed seated as he hugged her close to him while stroking her hair. It felt comforting.

Leanah pulled away after a while to look at him again, and she still had her stupid smile spread across her lips. It was impossible to stop smiling, though, as Arthor returned the smile while stroking her hair still.

"It's always so peaceful here."

“I love being here.”

"I know,” he chuckled.

“Being here makes me very happy.”

"I see why. It's different here than anywhere else."

“It is. I’m glad I’m not alone.”

How many times had Leanah expressed her love for the gardens? She thought that she must have annoyed a few people with it, but she couldn’t help it. The gardens were her favourite place to be. She had so many memories here, and she wanted to make more. There were many things she wanted to try out in the gardens, and they always managed to excite her even though most of it was silly and innocent ideas.

Arthor smiled before pressing a kiss against her forehead, and Leanah adjusted the flowers on top of his head, quietly chuckling at how ridiculous he kind of looked. Most of all he looked handsome, though.

"Sorry."

“It’s okay.”

When Arthor chuckled and moved the one flower in his hair from earlier into her hair, Leanah cupped his cheek, smiling sweetly at him. A part of her hoped that she looked pretty with it, but she did not like asking for compliments as she wasn’t that desperate.

"Now you look almost as good as me."

“Oh,” Leanah chuckled.

"Oh,” Arthor gasped.

Sometimes they had way too much fun together, and Leanah pulled the flower out of her hair as she chuckled. She moved out of his lap to sit down next to him, shaking her head a little at how strange Arthor was sometimes. At least he did look pretty with the crown of flowers on his head.

The crown felt light on his head and Arthor thought he would probably forget that it was there unless it’d fall off. If that would happen, he’d probably just walk through the castle, followed by the gazes of everyone. Not that he really minded it when it came to this, though. For once Arthor wouldn’t care if people were to stare strangely at him. He thought it was a sweet gift from Leanah and he’d keep it until the flowers would wilt.

“You do look pretty,” Arthor chuckled and stroked her hair as he watched her. He almost wanted to grab her and just pull her back into his lap again, because he missed her touch. Though that seemed inappropriate to do, so Arthor ignored the urge to do that now.

“Thank you.”

Maybe Arthor could learn how to make one of these things and then surprise Leanah with it. He thought that might be nice of him to do. Though Arthor figured that maybe his fingers weren’t as nimble as hers, nor was he as careful or skilled at it like she was. It might still come off as a sweet gesture, even if it would end up looking horrendous. The thought made Arthor chuckle a little bit as he leant back and looked around the empty gardens.

Leanah did the same as him before speaking again, “did you feel anything when we kissed?”

Thinking about that made Arthor pause a little as he weighed the question over in his head. He had liked it, there was no doubt about it. Arthor had missed it too, so he thought he probably ended up kissing Leanah a whole lot more than he had Elias. Though he wasn’t sure if he’d felt anything other than that. Maybe an influx of memories and old feelings, but Arthor didn’t think that it really meant anything.

“Well, I liked it,” he shrugged.

“You didn’t feel anything?”

“Did you?” Arthor asked as he looked at her.

“No.”

“I missed it, though. It was nice,” he chuckled and looked away again.

In the back of his head, Arthor kept repeating Elias’ words about how it was fine if there were no feelings involved. There were none, right? So Arthor had nothing to feel bad about. They hadn’t done anything wrong, according to Elias. It was just for fun, nothing more than that.

“It was.”

“Glad we agree.”

“Of course.”

Ideas sparked in Arthor’s head as he thought about how what they’d done had no consequences and if it would stay that way. Maybe they could… but Leanah was married, surely she wouldn’t be interested in pursuing something. Arthor missed her though and he realised that now that they sat so close and his mind filled with less than wanted thoughts. It was stupid, but he couldn’t really help it.

“What did Adian have to say about that?”

“We are very open with each other, so telling him wasn’t a problem and he didn’t react badly.”

“Oh,” Arthor nodded, thoughtfully.

Hearing that certainly didn’t make his thoughts lessen. It’s not like Adian had spoken to him during the week to complain about this. If he didn’t mind and this didn’t hurt them… Arthor tried not to think too much into it, but it was rather intriguing. They’d had a lot of fun after all. Leanah was smiling now too, though Arthor doubted that she was thinking the same things as he was.

“Well, I’m glad that everything’s alright between you two then.”

“I’m very lucky that he’s so understanding and open.”

“That’s true,” Arthor mumbled while his hand moved to rest on her shoulder while he absentmindedly stroked his fingers against her skin. At that, Leanah nodded and smiled before leaning against his side. Arthor rubbed his hand against her arm as he pressed his lips against her head.

“Were you worried that he’d react badly?”

“Well, yes. I didn’t want you to get hurt because of this.”
"You don't have to worry about that. Adian understands."

“That’s good,” Arthor mumbled and chuckled a little.

“Yes, it is.”

So if, theoretically, they were to do it again, Adian wouldn’t mind? Arthor thought more about it and theorised whether or not there was a line that they couldn’t cross here. If it was just for fun and they were enjoying themselves, then it should be alright, no?

“Would you do it again?”

“I wouldn’t mind,” Leanah shrugged.

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Interesting,” Arthor mumbled and chuckled.

If Leanah was open to it and Adian didn’t mind, then where was the problem? Arthor thought that as long as they’d follow Elias’ rule of no feelings, they should be absolutely fine. Not like it would happen, anyways - Arthor loved Elias and Leanah loved Adian. It shouldn’t be that hard to avoid old emotions coming back up, right?

Ever since Connas had been born, Leanah thought that she saw Arthor in a different light. They had been friends and lovers, but now they were parents. Connas was their son, and she loved the sight of Arthor holding their son. Whenever they spent time together, Leanah had a rush of emotions and feelings that were rather difficult to explain. It must have been because of Connas and the joy they shared about him. That was the only logical explanation Leanah had thought of that she knew made sense. Other than that, she had no feelings for him.

Whatever else Leanah had felt when she kissed Arthor didn’t matter.

Over and over again, Leanah told herself that it had all been for fun. That was what she believed, and she was glad that Arthor seemed to agree with her. His question about doing it again had surprised her, but once Leanah thought about it, she wouldn’t mind it. It had been enjoyable, and she did miss Arthor’s company in a strange way. But Leanah never let herself dwell too much on what exactly it was she missed. It didn’t matter. All that mattered was that it had been fun, and they were all happy about it without causing any unwanted drama.

“Why is it interesting?”

When Arthor only shrugged and chuckled, Leanah assumed that he simply found it interesting. Perhaps it was, but she didn’t see what was so wrong about wanting to have fun. If Adian ever wanted to do something different, she wouldn’t hold him back. They loved each other, and she trusted herself enough to know that she would always love him. Leanah smiled at Arthor before glancing over at the pretty flowers in the garden.

"So nobody would mind if I would kiss you right now?"

Leanah looked at Arthor, parting her lips as she tried to find the right words to tell him. Her lungs must have disappeared from her chest at how it felt as if she had forgotten how to breathe. Once she caught herself, Leanah didn’t answer his question. There was no need to answer it as she moved to straddle his lap with her hands cupping his face. As their gaze met a warmth spread through her body, and Leanah thought that her dress felt tight and uncomfortable all of a sudden. Arthor’s touch against her waist comforted her, though.

“I wouldn’t mind,” Leanah mumbled, stroking her hand down to his jaw to drag her thumb over his bottom lip.

"What about your husband?"

“He wouldn’t mind.”

Arthor wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer. All Leanah wanted to do was to close the distance between their lips and kiss him, but she leaned forward to press her forehead against his while sighing deeply. Their lips brushed against each other, and Leanah thought she could have lost herself then as she brought her hands to his shoulders. Was it wrong of her to miss kissing him? Leanah didn’t let that thought linger for long as she closed the distance and kissed him, sighing into the kiss at the sweet sensation that spread through her.

In that moment, Arthor was all she craved. Leanah could have moaned when Arthor kissed her back. While they kissed she pressed her chest against his, and she couldn’t get over how strange it felt to kiss him. Now that Elias wasn’t there with them, it felt different, but Leanah couldn’t explain it. Whatever it was didn’t matter anyway.

When Arthor leaned more against the bench and stroked his hands over her back, Leanah thought she could have melted at how sweet his touch was. A part of her wanted to sit here for the rest of the day while kissing him, but she pulled away eventually, smiling at him as she tried to calm down the sudden rush she felt through her body. He chuckled as their gaze met, and she couldn’t help but chuckle too.

“I like kissing you,” Leanah mumbled as she leaned forward to nuzzle her face against his neck.

"Me too,” he said while his hands stroked over her hair.

Leanah hoped that Arthor liked it, and she pressed her lips against his neck, leaving a trail of kisses all the way up to his jaw. He mimicked her movements, making her sigh softly at how pleasant it was to have his lips against her skin. Though Leanah had stopped at his jaw, Arthor kissed his way up to her lips. How would she ever get enough of this? Gods, it was exciting, and she smiled slightly into the kiss as she pressed close to him. The thought of someone seeing them didn’t even hit her, but they should have been careful.

They both clearly enjoyed it as Arthor smiled into the kiss as well before squeezing his arms around her. Leanah wouldn’t have minded sitting here for the rest of the day with him. Perhaps Adian wouldn’t be too happy about that, though. For now, Arthor was all that she wanted to think about, and she only wanted to focus on the kiss.

Leanah stroked her hands from his shoulders and up into his hair, moaning quietly into the kiss while combing her fingers through his hair. She hadn’t asked him what Elias thought of this since they were alone now, but she assumed that he must have been okay with it after everything that had happened a week ago. If not then she assumed Arthor would have stopped her. The last thing she wanted was to stop, though, and she continued to kiss him while gripping tightly onto his hair.

6bLLzaU.gif

Affairs.
Chapter CXLV
House Hastwyck

Maybe what Leanah did when she was away from him should’ve bothered Adian, but it didn’t. Not really. Well, her being like that with Arthor surely didn’t make him very happy, but there was nothing he could do about it. Adian had been open with her since the start, so Leanah could do what she wanted, it was just that it was Arthor that bothered Adian. He knew what he’d done in the past and Adian didn’t like that one bit.

If this was what Leanah wanted to do, though, then it was alright with Adian as long as she wouldn’t get hurt by it. He only asked her to be careful, because she didn’t want Arthor to hurt her like he had in the past. Adian didn’t quite understand what had happened that one night between Leanah, Arthor and Elias, but she had seemed happy with it, so he didn’t really question it. For now, she did seem happy, but Adian was still worried about what could potentially happen.

Now Leanah was gone with Arthor again and Adian tried not to think too much of it. They were just going to the gardens, after all, and Adian assumed that they did that as friends. He tried not to get worried about Leanah, but he couldn’t really help it. Adian would’ve trusted her more around Elias rather than Arthor, in all honesty.

While Leanah was gone, Adian just spent time with Connas. He loved that, at least. Adian could babble to Connas about nonsense and watch as he reacted to his voice with a smile or with his arms. It was adorable, really, and hours flew by then with Connas around. Adian didn’t even notice how much time had passed before he heard the door open and he raised his head up to look over at Leanah.

When Leanah said his name, Adian smiled and stood up with Connas in his arms. He walked over to her and chuckled a little, “we missed you.”

“And I missed you,” Leanah said, as she leant forwards to kiss Connas’ head and then Adian’s cheek.

Carefully, Adian passed Connas to Leanah before he moved to sit down on the bed, leaning against the headboard as he watched her. He wasn’t mad at her, he just hoped that she was doing alright. Adian did wonder if he wasn’t enough for her or if she just felt so strongly towards Arthor. Not that he’d ask Leanah to clarify and calm down his mind, though.

His thoughts about that didn’t seem that important as he watched Leanah be adorable with Connas. It made Adian happy to see her like this, obviously. He thought that Connas was the best thing that could’ve happened to them. Leanah was such a good mother, too, and Adian hoped he was doing a good job as well. Adian smiled as he watched them together.

"I hope he hasn't troubled you."

“No, he was quite good today,” Adian chuckled, “he cried a few times, but I had it under control.”

Gods, Adian hated when Connas cried. It just felt horrible to hear him be so upset, even if it was a minor thing. Adian thought that he’d done alright, though, as he dealt with the situation and Connas seemed pretty happy now. It was his least favourite thing about being a parent, though. He wished Connas could just always be happy.

"You're a good father."

“I’m trying,” he shrugged.

“You’re the best,” Leanah chuckled.

“Again, I’m trying,” Adian laughed.

As Leanah went to lay Connas down, Adian stayed silent and just watched her. She lingered by the child, and Adian laid down on his side while keeping his eyes on her. He loved her, there was no doubt about it. Adian knew that Leanah loved him too, and this didn’t change anything. If she wanted to be with others while married with him, then he didn’t mind all that much. It wasn’t something that he would do, though.

Evenually, Leanah turned around and walked towards him. Once she was close enough, Adian reached out to take her hand and smiled up at her without moving from the comfortable position he was in. She was so beautiful and Adian thought that having a child had only made her even more radiant.

"I feel strange."

“Strange?”

“Am I a good mother?”

“Of course you are,” Adian smiled and sat up on the bed as he pulled her down to sit beside him.

"Do you think I'm a good wife?"

“Yes, Leanah. I’m so lucky to have you. Why are you asking me all of this?”

Adian wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her to lean against his side as he looked down at her. He imagined she was having second doubts about everything, but Adian hoped he’d be able to calm her down. Maybe it was one of her mood swings again. He’d handled them in the past, so now it shouldn’t be an issue either.

"I worry that perhaps the fact that I slept with Arthor makes me a bad mother and wife."

“You’re not harming me or Connas by doing this,” Adian shrugged.

As much as Adian worried about it, he didn’t think there was any harm being done. If Leanah liked it and was happy, then Adian wouldn’t stop her from doing this. He’d already offered to let her have a lover at the very beginning of their relationship, so he thought that it was pretty clear that Leanah was free to do what she wanted. All Adian asked was that she’d come back to him and that they’d have a family together.

Entering their room to see Adian with Connas gave Leanah a huge slap of reality. She was no longer living a life with no responsibilities. Having a close bond with Arthor was not wrong, and since Adian didn’t think badly of her sleeping with Arthor, that wasn’t so wrong either. They were simply having fun, but Leanah thought that even if she didn’t feel guilty or even if Adian approved it, there was one person who would never approve of this. Her mother, and as she realised that she began to doubt the morality of everything she had done.

Sitting down to talk to Adian always helped, but Leanah thought that she had to decide for herself if this was something she wanted to continue or end before it got too far.

They had a good marriage. Leanah loved Adian more than she could understand or explain. In many ways, he must have been the love of her life. All those intimate moments they had shared were moments she would never forget. He meant a lot to her, and she was glad that she hadn’t hurt him by having an affair with Arthor. Still she wondered if it was the right thing to do. She didn’t mind being with Arthor. It was fun, and she didn’t want to let go of him so quickly, but she wasn’t so certain anymore if it was what she truly wanted.

Leanah knew she had to be smarter. Now that she had a child she had to be mature and responsible, and though it was fun to sleep with Arthor, perhaps it was irresponsible of her. No one had gotten hurt from it, but so many questions raced through her mind even with Adian’s reassurance that she was not harming him or Connas.

“I know that, and I’m glad that I’m not ruining anything, but I don’t know,” Leanah shrugged.

"You don't know?"

“I suppose I feel irresponsible for having an affair. I won’t lie and say that I don’t enjoy Arthor’s company, but I prefer your company. I prefer focusing on having a family with you.”

Adian nodded at her words, and Leanah knew that family was much more important to her than having some quick fun with Arthor. If there were a way to balance it, she would feel much better about it, but she couldn’t help the slight bad feeling that lingered in her abdomen because of all the time she had missed of being with Connas and Adian. They had the rest of their lives to be together, though. Leanah wasn’t sure if her emotions even made sense, and she grew quiet while getting lost in her thoughts, going back and forth on the situation.

"I'm happy to hear that. If he makes you happy, though, I don't think you should have to choose between either of us."

“You’re right, but does it make sense that I feel a little bad about going to him for some quick pleasure when I have you?”

"It does. I don't want you to feel bad, though,” Adian said as he stroked her arm.

“I also feel like I’m missing out when I’m gone. I want to be with Connas,” Leanah sighed, closing her eyes before leaning onto Adian.

"I understand that."

It must have been natural for her to feel that way. Connas was her child, and the need to be with him and protect him was always lingering inside of her. Leanah didn’t doubt Adian’s ability to take care of him, but what if she would miss out on something because she was too busy being with Arthor. Gods, it was conflicting. Adian managed to calm her down as he hugged her close to him, but she wasn’t sure what to do just yet. She almost felt ungrateful that she was choosing to have some fun with Arthor when she had Adian.

“It doesn’t make me sad, but I suppose I’m just conflicted.”

"Just take your time and understand what you want."

Adian was always so supportive of her. Leanah wasn’t sure what she would have done without him, and she pulled slightly away from him to look at him with a slight smile. He was the best thing to have ever happened to her. No matter what would happen, she hoped that she would never lose him.

“Would you ever be with someone else?”

"Probably not,” Adian shrugged.

“Why not?”

"I don't want anyone else."

“But you don’t think I’m strange for sleeping with Arthor?”

"Not really, no,” Adian shrugged again.

Perhaps Leanah was only overthinking everything. If Adian was alright with it and both she and Arthor was alright with it, was there any problem? The only thing that made her worried was that Adian wouldn’t feel loved, and she hoped and prayed to the Gods that he was aware of how much she loved him. If she would ever have to choose, she would have chosen him without hesitating.

“But I hope you know that I think that you’re the love of my life,” Leanah mumbled.

Though Adian was strangely alright with Leanah sleeping around with someone else outside their marriage, he himself could never do such a thing. He just felt so devoted to Leanah and he didn’t find the idea of being with someone else exciting at all. Adian was sure that nobody else could match the connection he shared with Leanah, and so he didn’t want anyone but her.

“And you are mine,” Adian smiled as he looked at her.

Now there were no doubts in Adian’s mind that they both loved each other so much. He figured that perhaps Leanah loved Arthor still, which he didn’t like the sound of but there wasn’t anything he could do about it. If Leanah trusted Arthor so much, then Adian would just try to do the same. He was being good with Connas, too, so at least Arthor had earned his respect from that.

Leanah leant forwards to kiss him and Adian smiled into it, moving his hand to cup her cheek. There was no doubt that they were meant to be together. This didn’t really change a thing, as Adian understood that perhaps they had different needs in life. If this was what Leanah wanted and needed, he was fine with that. As long as she was happy, then he would be too.

When Leanah got into his lap, she pulled away from the kiss and chuckled a little. Adian smiled as he watched her, stroking his fingers through her hair. Gods, he loved her so much. He leant forwards to kiss her cheek before he wrapped her arms around her to hold her close to him.

"Do you trust me?"

“Yes,” Adian chuckled.

“Good.”

“It’s a bit harder to trust Sir Arthor, but I’m trying.”

"Do you not trust him?"

“After everything you’ve told me it’s a little difficult still.”

It had been a lot easier when Leanah had just been friends with him, but this was a lot different. Adian thought that Connas was probably part of the reason why it seemed Leanah and Arthor had grown closer to one another again. In a way, he thought it was nice, because he was their child after all, but on the other hand he wasn’t sure what to think. He just didn’t want her to get hurt, is all.

"I understand that."

“I’m trying, though.”

"Good. I doubt he'll hurt me."

“I’ll try not to think so negatively about him.”

"Good. If anything happens then I'll tell you."

“Please do.”

If Arthor would step over some boundaries, then Adian hoped that Leanah would keep her word and tell him, not protect her friend. He had no backbone whatsoever, so it wasn’t as though he could go to Arthor and set things clear with him, but perhaps he could at least help Leanah. Adian was certain that if she would get hurt, though, he would have to convince her to stay away from Arthor somehow.

“Please do.”

“I hope that won’t happen, though.”

"It won't."

At that, Adian nodded and moved to lean back against the headboard with her still in his lap. He stroked his fingers against her back while he rested his head on her shoulder. It couldn’t be that bad, right? If Leanah would come back to him and they’d still have this family together, then Adian thought not much would change. Leanah kissed the side of his head, combing her fingers through his hair which was so soothing that it made him smile again.

“I love you so much.”

"I love you more than I can begin to explain."

“Good,” Adian chuckled and squeezed his arms around her.

"I'll always love you."

“And I you,” he mumbled as he pressed a kiss against her shoulder, “I’m so incredibly lucky to have you.”

"I hope we'll always be this good together."

In Adian’s mind, they would be. He could easily picture them old and still as in love as ever. Adian thought that they’d never fall out, because of how strong their bond was. He loved her more than anything and surely that would never stop. They were meant to be, he was sure of it, and Adian would never stop loving her. She was perfect for him and he hoped that he made her happy as well.

“I think we’ll be alright,” Adian chuckled and raised his head to look at her.

The love Leanah held for Adian was much stronger than any love she had ever felt before. They were incredibly lucky to have each other. In many ways, they were meant for each other, and Adian had taught her so much about herself. Because of him, she had learned how to grow and become less naive and immature. She didn’t want to think about what she would have done without him, and she hoped that they would always be this happy together no matter what would happen between them. Gods, she loved him so much.

“I think so too,” Leanah smiled once their gaze met.

Adian returned the smile before hugging her. It was rather strange how quickly they had grown attached to each other. Leanah believed there was no other explanation that the fact that they were meant to be together. That only made her feel strange about Arthor and why she kept coming back to him. Whatever it was, she didn’t want to think about it as it only made her head hurt from how she didn’t understand it. Leanah wrapped her arms around Adian, sighing as she pressed closer to him, wanting to forget about everything for a while.

Their hug didn’t last for long as he pulled away to press their lips together, but she didn’t complain.

Kissing Adian made her feel more at ease with herself. Leanah thought she could finally breathe again while their lips moved against each other. He had no idea how much he helped her. While kissing him, she gripped onto his hair, sighing against his lips as she thought that as long as she would have him, she would be happy. Too soon did Adian pull away to meet her gaze, smiling at her while stroking her cheek.

“What are you thinking about?”

"Just about us,” Adian smiled.

“Anything interesting?”

Adian shrugged, chuckling before pressing a kiss against her shoulder. Perhaps there wasn’t much interesting to think about. Leanah chuckled as well before pulling away from him. She got off of his thighs to lay down beside his body with her head against the pillows. Adian followed shortly after to lay down next to her, and he wrapped his arms around her to pull her close to his body. Everything about him made her so happy, and she wanted to lay here forever with him.

“Do you want to lay here for the rest of the day?”

"I wouldn't mind,” Adian chuckled, nuzzling his face against her neck.

“Let’s do that then.”

"Sounds good to me."

It did sound pleasant. Connas sounded very much asleep, and Leanah couldn’t remember the last time she felt this relaxed. Adian pressed his lips against her neck, squeezing her tightly against his body. If they would lay here for the rest of the day without being disturbed, Leanah would feel incredibly lucky. That was highly unrealistic as Connas would likely wake up soon enough. For now all she wanted was to lay with him for the rest of the day. Gods, Leanah felt so exhausted.

“Me too,” she chuckled while combing her fingers through his hair.

Adian kissed her again while stroking his hand over her hair. She hoped that they could go out together one day. They could take Connas with them to the gardens and sit there for a few hours. He would be old enough for that soon enough, and she looked forward to it. Though it was nice to spend time with Adian and Connas in their room, she wanted to get them out as she was growing rather tired of sitting on their bed all day. For now it was alright as she kissed Adian back, but because of how much Adian smiled it was rather difficult.

“You seem happy,” Leanah said as she pulled away from the kiss.

"I'm always happy when I'm with you.”

“That makes me happy,” she smiled while Adian stroked her cheek.

When he pressed a kiss against her nose, Leanah laughed before nuzzling her face close to his neck. He squeezed his arms around her while she pressed her lips against his skin. Now she thought that she would have to sleep on the situation that she was in before she could decide what to do. She felt a little bad that she had given Arthor hope that she would come back later, but she hoped he understood that she had a family to stay with and she had to take care of Connas.

Leanah sighed while he stroked her hair, and she only hoped that he was honest with her when he said that he was alright with her having an affair. She had no reason to doubt him, and it gave her comfort that he truly seemed to love her even though she spent time with Arthor. Gods, she was thankful for him and everything he gave her. Connas was lucky to have him, and she was incredibly lucky to have him. Leanah chuckled a little at that thought, feeling extremely joyous as she pressed a few more kisses against his skin.

9ptIoS6.gif

Intriguing.
Chapter CXLVI
House Hastwyck

Things were going rather well, really. Connas was getting a little older and that was showing in his behaviour and actions. Things between Arthor and Leanah were certainly going better than he’d ever expected, and everything with Elias was going good too. He wasn’t sure what he’d done to deserve this actually pleasant period of time in his life, but Arthor was grateful for it.

When some of the knights he often trained with suggested going out drinking together, Arthor couldn’t really decline it. He did occasionally venture out into town, but then he was alone and he usually just ended up with a woman or two in his arms. Not that that wasn’t enjoyable, but it did get rather repetitive. Most whores really were the same, no matter how much you paid them.

It didn’t seem like Elias ever minded where Arthor went. It seemed like Elias didn’t really care what Arthor did in his free time. Arthor liked that, but at the same time he almost wished that Elias would get a little bit angry and jealous because of it. That was stupid, though, and he felt silly for thinking like that. Elias would never do such a thing, since he was nothing like Arthor in that sense.

The inn the men chose was rather full, but Arthor didn’t mind that. The noise was making him feel more energized after working all day, so Arthor was quick to offer to buy drinks for them all. Granted, he never really spent all that much time with his old friends because they weren’t that close anymore. Secretly, Arthor didn’t mind that, because they were only really good for training and getting drunk with.

As expected, they did lecture him about not spending time with them anymore. Arthor didn’t really have an excuse, so he pretended to be sorry and that yes, of course, he would make an effort to find more time for them. He’d likely forget all about that promise later tonight as would they. At one point, Arthor wasn’t even sure why he’d agreed to come with them anyways. It felt like he’d never been this sober around them and suddenly he was so aware of how rowdy and annoying they really were.

While they spoke about things that didn’t interest Arthor one bit, he let his eyes wander around the inn. He found it hard to believe that he was still nursing his first cup of cheap wine. Arthor hadn’t gone all out, since he had to buy it for them all and he really didn’t want to waste his gold on the men surrounding him. After the wine they had in the castle, this just really kind of tasted like piss and Arthor lost all will to drink it.

The people in the inn were just the kind of crowd you’d really expect to see. There were the drunks and the whores, the men who obviously had wives at home and the women who served them with their dresses showing off everything for the chance of a gold coin being tossed at them. So it wasn’t really a surprise when a different kind of person caught his eyes that didn’t quite fit in with any of the people Arthor was used to seeing.

Nothing about her quite fit in, really. Even her blonde hair didn’t match the South. Everything about her suddenly intrigued Arthor as he kept watch on her, though he imagined that he wasn’t the only one who she’d managed to catch the eye of. He even heard some of the knights around him speak of her and say the things that Arthor wouldn’t dare to sober.

Before his friends could do it first, Arthor got up from the table and gave them some gold so they’d drink the night away without him. He thought they’d probably follow him with their eyes, so Arthor hoped to not embarrass himself. Sometimes he failed miserably in his attempts and would get a drink in his face. Picking up whores was so much easier, but the blonde didn’t seem to be of that sort. That just made him more curious as to why she was here.

“You seem a bit lonely.”

Now that Arthor stood by where she sat, he could truly appreciate how beautiful she was. Her dress seemed expensive too and she sat in a way that made him think that she wasn’t a simple peasant. If she was, then she was a good actress, that was for sure. Arthor just found himself getting more intrigued by the second as he looked at her.

"Perhaps I am. What a good observation."

“I am very observant,” Arthor shrugged and allowed himself to pull out a chair so that he could sit with her, “you’re not from here, are you?”

"What makes you think that?"

“If you were then I’d certainly know you already.”

There was no chance that Arthor wouldn’t have seen her before. Pretty girls seemed to catch his eye from a mile away. Perhaps she just didn’t frequent inns? That wouldn’t be surprising either, since she didn’t seem like the type of person to do so. If she was high born, then she would be a frequent visitor of the castle, though, and Arthor hadn’t seen her there either. Not that a high born would go here, anyways.

"Oh really?"

“Really,” Arthor nodded and chuckled, “am I right?”

The heat of the South was such a stark contrast from the cold winters of the North.

Wine tasted sweeter, and Sarisa had never tasted anything like the food they served in Santrella. A rich taste that always lingered on her tongue and always favoured with various spices that often made her cheeks burn.

Experiencing the culture of the South had been more exciting than she had imagined. Sarisa had fallen in love with the revealing dresses, walking around with only thin silks covering her body. Men stared, and she couldn’t deny that she loved the attention the southern men gave her. They were handsome with their dark hair and eyes, and their skin that had been kissed by the sun every day. There was nothing to hate about Santrella. Sarisa was happy about her choice to settle in the various inn’s Santrella had to offer.

Some evening she would have a man with her to make her bed warm, but Sarisa spent most evenings alone.

Tonight wasn’t much different from other nights. The inn she stayed at was filled with men seeking company for the night and whores wanting to rid those men of their gold. Sarisa thought that the atmosphere in Santrella was quite different from all the other places she had visited. It had to be the heat that made the people hungry for some company through the night. In all the gazes she met, it wasn’t hard to see the lust and desire filling their eyes. Sarisa loved it. Aeredale had never felt like her home, but Santrella almost gave her that feeling.

A sense of home.

Santrella had given her the chance to start over. Sarisa had put everything in the past behind her, and she thought that she could become another person here. No one knew who she was, and no one would ever get to know that either. Though Aeredale belonged to her, she no longer thought of the West. She no longer thought of the North and the man who sometimes came to her in her dreams. Santrella has wiped the slate clean for her.

While Sarisa sat by a table, enjoying the sight of all the drunken men around her, a man approached her. He looked like any other man that tried to seduce her into their arms, but there was something about him that caught her attention. Perhaps it was the glint in his eyes, or the smile spread across his lips. Sarisa wasn’t certain, but she thought that she would be nice and give him a chance, though she doubted they would end up anywhere. Perhaps he could entertain her with his attempts before she would leave him hanging.

“Who knows. Perhaps you’re right, but perhaps not,” Sarisa shrugged as she rose her cup to her lips, taking a deep sip of her wine.

"I like a mystery,” he grinned.

“Do you?”

Most men liked mystery. Sarisa knew that men often craved a sense of being victorious, and a mysterious woman could give him that if she would ever let herself open up to him. It didn’t surprise her that this man liked a mystery, but Sarisa wanted to play along.

"Very."

“Interesting,” Sarisa nodded before raising her cup for another sip.

Before her lips touched the rim of the cup, the man called over one of the servers. Sarisa sat her cup down once he ordered the server to bring them a more expensive wine than the one she had ordered for herself earlier. Most of the time she didn’t mind the sour and watered down taste of cheap wine, but she wouldn’t say no to some real wine either. A slight smile grew on her lips as she looked at him. So he had gold, likely a lot of it or just enough to pretend that he had a lot of it. Either way, Sarisa liked the thought of a wealthier man.

“I must say I didn’t expect you to spend your gold on some fine wine. I thought most men spent it on whores.”

"Everything has to be in balance, so I spend it on both."

“Most men aren’t wealthy enough for that,” Sarisa smiled.

Perhaps it was wrong of her to grow more interested in this man because he was likely wealthy, but she had no plans of humouring him for long. At least he was handsome.

"I'm not like most men."

“Why’s that?”

"It's not that fun if I just tell you. You'll just have to find out on your own, if you'd like,” he shrugged and smiled.

Two could play that game. Sarisa was aware of what she had started, but she hadn’t expected him to play along in that way where he was now a mystery to her as well. That made her a little more interested. She chuckled, glancing over at the new cup placed in front of her. The wine was definitely a lot richer and better in taste, and after taking a sip, she put the cup down and licked her lips. Only once did she glance over at him while he drank out of his cup. She thought his eyes were easy to get lost in.

"Can I know your name at least?"

“For what? For you to have something to moan later tonight?”

Something about their conversation was incredibly entertaining. Usually when women would act the way she did, Arthor would just get bored of them and either make his intent clear or more on to someone easier. This time he didn’t mind the challenge, though. The girl was incredibly pretty, too, which helped. She didn’t look like most Southern women Arthor knew and that excited him.

The openness with which she spoke made Arthor amused as well. He was still torn between whether or not she was lowborn or highborn. Perhaps just a traveller. Arthor didn’t think he would find that out from how their conversation was going. Not that they’d ever see each other again, but Arthor was genuinely curious to who he was talking to right now.

“I’ll tell you mine if you tell me yours.”

It seemed like she thought about it long and hard, before coming to a conclusion, "I want to know yours first."

“You’re in luck - mine’s a great name to moan. It’s Arthor.”

At least the girl was clear on where Arthor’s intentions laid. Some women actually thought that when he approached them he was being romantic. Maybe it came off that way, but getting them into bed with him was his only goal. To him, it seemed like she wasn’t against the idea or maybe she was just playing along. Either way, Arthor was trying not to get too ahead of himself.

"Well, Arthor. We'll see about that later."

“Are you going to keep your end of the deal?”

When she raised her brows and chuckled a little, Arthor thought it might be over. If there was any time when she would tell him to fuck right off, it would probably be right about now. Arthor was expecting that as he sipped his wine, but the rejection never came from her.

"It's Sarisa."

“Sarisa,” Arthor said and nodded approvingly.

"It sounds nice coming from your lips."

“It does, doesn’t it? Sarisa,” Arthor grinned before raising his cup to his lips again.

"Very nice."

They drank and Arthor almost wanted to just talk to her for longer before taking things further. It was interesting because right now he really did like the mystery surrounding her. The only thing he knew of her was her name and that was usually the case when it came to most women in his life, but right now it felt intriguing. Arthor wanted to know more, but he had a feeling that she wouldn’t give in.

“Why are you all alone? That’s not very safe.”

"Perhaps I want to be alone."

“Gods know what sort of harm might befall you then.”

"Would be a shame if anything would happen to me."

“Truly. I suppose I’ll just have to protect you then, so that that doesn’t happen.”

"And how should I thank you for your protection?"

Obviously they both had an idea of just how Sarisa should show him her gratitude, but Arthor still pretended to think about it as he leant back with his wine. He didn’t drink as much these days, mostly because he was holding himself back as wine was obviously no good for him. Arthor thought he would likely stop after this cup, as he’d already had one before even if that wine had been a lot shittier than this one.

“I’m sure you’ll think of something.”

At that, Sarisa smiled at him and took another sip of her wine. Arthor didn’t remember how much he’d pay for it, but it had probably been too much. The Hastwycks had really spoiled him over the years and the wine at the castle could never match anything else in his mind anymore, even if his love for wine had been ruined a little by the events that had happened a while before.

“I don’t think you’re from here, but I also don’t see how a woman could travel alone. That is, unless you’re hiding your companions here somewhere. Mind enlightening me?” Arthor asked as he watched her.

"Sounds like you're underestimating me."

“Am I?”

"Yes."

“Well, maybe I am. I do apologise for that then.”

At least he’d found out that perhaps she indeed wasn’t from here. Arthor still didn’t understand how she could travel alone, if that really was the case. Though he almost expected a husband to walk up to him and a fist being smashed into his face. It wouldn’t really be surprising if that were to happen. It seemed more likely than a pretty girl like her travelling alone.

"Very rude,” Sarisa said as she drank more.

“I’m sorry, Sarisa. It’s just quite unusual, is all.”

"I know."

The smile on her face made Arthor feel like a fool for whatever reason, as though he’d walked into some sort of trap just now. He chuckled and drank some wine as he nodded a little and looked away. At least it made Sarisa chuckle too as she touched his shoulder. That touch made his nerves tingle, even if it wasn’t anything inappropriate at all.

“Are you enjoying Santrella?”

When Sarisa had reached Wheldrake, she had parted ways with the men who were assigned to protect her. There was no longer a need for them, and ever since then, she had been alone on the road to Santrella. For a woman that wasn’t safe, but she had handled it well. Arthor underestimation hadn’t hurt her feelings, though. To her, it was rather amusing to see him apologise so quickly. Perhaps she would let him share her bed with her tonight. He had caught her attention, and now she thought a night with him sounded like fun.

“I enjoy the heat,” she said as she stroked her hand from his shoulder and up to the back of his neck, “and I like what the heat does to people. Makes them all hot and bothered.”

"It gets even better in the midst of summer."

That wasn’t difficult to imagine, and Sarisa pulled her hand away from him with a slight chuckle as she thought about what that would be like. Santrella was the perfect place for her, and now she couldn’t imagine herself travelling anywhere else.

"The South is truly a wonderful place."

“I agree,” she nodded.

"Are you staying here?"

“Who knows.”

"There's no better place in Aedighar than Santrella. I promise you that."

From what Sarisa had seen she could agree with Arthor. Since it was difficult for her to imagine herself going anywhere else, she thought that Santrella could become her home one day, but she knew that could change. She had no plans of settling anywhere soon, but she would stay in Santrella for a while, that she knew. Telling Arthor about that wouldn’t be fun, though. She liked leaving him on edge, not knowing who she was or what she was planning to do. She was certain that they would never see each other again either way.

“Sounds like you want me to stay here.”

Arthor shrugged before raising his cup to take a sip of his wine. Even if she would stay, she doubted that they would ever cross paths again. That didn’t mean she wasn’t open to spending the night with him, though, and Sarisa chuckled as she too took a sip of her wine.

"I suppose you probably won't tell me where you're from."

“No.”

"Why not?" Arthor chuckled.

“Why should I tell you?”

"Because I'm so nice?"

At that Sarisa chuckled. Arthor could try, but she would never tell him where she was from. There would be no fun in that, and the game she was playing would be over. She wanted to have fun with him, and it was rather amusing to see him try. Perhaps he was growing desperate, but she only found that to be more entertaining for her.

“I’ll think about it,” Sarisa smiled.

"Is there anything you are willing to share about yourself?" Arthor chuckled.

“Maybe I’ll share something about myself later.”

"Will you?"

“We’ll see.”

"Well, I hope you will."

There was a chance there would be no later for them. Perhaps Sarisa would leave him to sit here alone even if she was rather interested in what it would be like to spend the night with him. She wasn’t quite sure yet, but Arthor was definitely someone that she could see herself letting into her room, especially when he put his hand on her knee and that simple touch made her bite onto her lip and press her thighs together. The heat had done its magic on her as well. There was no doubt about that.

Arthor squeezed his hand against her knee while taking a sip of his wine and Sarisa watched him closely. Though she quite liked his touch, she grabbed his wrist to pull his hand away from her. She smiled at him, not wanting to let him get too ahead of himself to think that he was in control of this. Arthor didn’t try to touch her again, and perhaps he wasn’t as desperate as she had initially thought. That only made her more interested, though as the game they were playing only became more fun.

“Or perhaps I will leave you here. Who knows,” Sarisa said as she raised her eyebrow.

"Am I that awful to be around?"

“Perhaps I need to be convinced that I’ll have fun tonight,” she shrugged.

"And how could I convince you of that?"

“Well, that is up to you. Wouldn’t be fun if I told you.”

"That's true. I'm sure I'll think of something,” Arthor mumbled.

When he raised his hand to stroke her hair out of her face, his fingers barely touched against her cheek. Sarisa felt slight shivers down her spine. Playfully she turned her face to catch his thumb between her teeth. Instead of biting him, she gently wrapped her lips around his thumb for a brief moment while Arthor gaze travelled to her lips. She pulled away from his thumb, chuckling as he began stroking his thumb over her jaw. They could sit here for hours for all she cared as this was rather fun. She wanted to see how flustered she could make him.

“What are you thinking about?”

AmLiFCM.gif

Falling.
Chapter CXLVII
House Hastwyck

After spending the night with Sarisa, Arthor left her room before the sun rose. It was already strange enough that he’d stay with her after all of that, since that wasn’t exactly his usual repertoire. Maybe it was because Sarisa seemed so different from everyone else, but Arthor couldn’t help but think about her the whole day when he was at work. There was something peculiar about her and Arthor couldn’t shake her off his mind.

That morning was possibly the last time Arthor had seen Sarisa, and he quite hated the thought of it. He wanted to go back to that inn and see if she wanted to spend some more quality time together. That sounded so desperate, though. If Arthor would go looking for Sarisa, he’d take a few days and hope that it wouldn’t be too late. The last thing he wanted to do was have her leave Santrella and be gone from his life forever.

In his mind, Arthor relived it all and his nerves tingled all over when he remembered all the marks she’d left on him. Even if he wanted to, Arthor wouldn’t be able to forget about her. Maybe after a while the memories would fade, but right now she was burnt into his mind. Because even work couldn’t take his mind off of Sarisa, Arthor doubted he’d get any peace from her for the coming days.

This definitely wasn’t what Arthor had expected to happen when he’d gone out the night before, but he was happy about it. His tongue was itching to tell Elias about this, and Arthor wasn’t even sure why that was so. Sarisa had just made him feel so much different than he’d expected to and maybe Arthor wanted to make sense of it. Perhaps he just wanted to brag.

When Arthor’s room turned out to be empty, he figured that Elias might be in his own. They were rarely there, actually, but Arthor preferred to be in his own room so he didn’t complain about that. Occasionally going to Elias for a change was fun, though. Arthor wasn’t big on knocking, so he just grasped onto the doorknob and turned it before walking inside.

It didn’t surprise him one bit when he saw Elias reading. Arthor doubted that he did much else, actually. It seemed like books were his only company whenever Arthor was away, and in a way that made him sad. Obviously Elias didn’t seem to mind, but Arthor thought it was a little lonely. Still, he smiled at him and went over to lean against the table where he sat. His mood was rather elated because of Sarisa.

"You seem happy."

“I had a great night.”

"You did?"

Since Elias wasn’t the jealous type, Arthor didn’t think there was anything wrong to tell him about this. He wanted to tell someone and he just seemed like the right person to go to. There were no worries in Arthor’s mind that Elias might get upset over this, since he wasn’t the kind of person to do that. Right now, Arthor was happy about that.

“I met this beautiful woman. Absolutely gorgeous. She nearly killed me,” Arthor chuckled.

"How?"

“She was just fantastic,” Arthor grinned, “drove me mad.”

"Seems like you two had a lot of fun."

Then Elias stood up from his chair and Arthor watched as his eyes fell to his neck. There were too many bruises littered across his skin from her, and Arthor had made sure to leave Sarisa in the same situation. Those deep necklines of her dresses likely wouldn’t hide a thing from people around her. That almost made Arthor feel proud in a way.

“We really fucking did.”

"I'm happy for you."

“I’m happy for me, too,” Arthor chuckled and fell into the chair that Elias had abandoned, “Gods, she was good.”

"Are you going to meet her again?"

“I don’t know. Maybe if I get lucky enough to find her,” Arthor shrugged.

"Sounds like you have to go on a mission."

At that, Arthor laughed and grabbed Elias hips so that he could pull him to sit in his lap. Elias smiled and grabbed his shoulders, while Arthor wrapped his arms around his waist. He was certain that he would at least try to find Sarisa one of these days. Arthor wanted to relive this and he thought that Sarisa would like it as well. Gods, she really was something else.

“I even stayed the night with her,” Arthor chuckled.

"She must be special then."

“She’s different from other women.”

"I can tell."

It must’ve been easy for Elias to do that, since they’d known each other for so long. Arthor chuckled and nodded as he squeezed his arms around him and thought about Sarisa. Would they ever see each other again? Arthor felt almost silly as he wished that they would. Maybe Sarisa had just been playing a part and Arthor was being an idiot.

The castle was growing dull. Elias thought he could have easily died of boredom at how little he had to do. Most days were spent in his room with a book in his hands while he waited for Arthor to finish working. Lately Arthor didn’t have as much time to spend with him. He was aware that Arthor often spent time with Lady Leanah, and he knew he must have been the reason as to why they had found each other again, though Elias was certain that there were no feelings between them. At least that was good, but Elias couldn’t help but worry for Arthor.

It didn’t bother Elias that Arthor were with others or that he enjoyed the company of women. He couldn’t care less, but he wasn’t sure if he liked the idea of him sleeping with Leanah. If anyone would find out about that, Arthor would lose his head, and there was no doubt about that even if Leanah and Adian were okay with it.

When Arthor entered his room to speak about a woman he had met, Elias couldn’t be happier. If that meant he would let go of Leanah and find a woman that he could actually have a chance with, Elias was happy for him. They had both agreed once about giving it a chance if they were to meet a woman they liked. No matter how badly Elias wanted to stay with Arthor until the end of his days, that wouldn’t be possible. If Arthor had now found someone he liked, Elias wouldn’t stand in the way for them.

Arthor seemed so happy about this woman that Elias hoped that he would be able to find her again. It sounded like he was mildly attracted to her, which didn’t surprise him as Arthor had his way with women, but this was different. It must have been strange how Elias didn’t feel jealous, but how could be jealous? He cared so much about Arthor that he only wanted the best for him. He knew they would always love each other no matter what, and that was all that mattered to him. He didn’t care if Arthor found himself someone else.

“I assume this means I should get out one day as well,” Elias chuckled.

"You should. Preferably not with her, though. Or maybe just that, actually. I think you might like her, too."

“We’ll see.”

Sharing a woman with Arthor had been fun, but because of the way Arthor spoke of this woman of his, Elias didn’t want to get between them in case this would turn out to be a lot more serious than a few casual meetings. Arthor chuckled and leaned forward to press his lips against his shoulder.

“I’m glad she makes you this happy, though.”

"You'd be happy too,” Arthor chuckled.

“She is yours, for now.”

"For now,” Arthor laughed.

Elias had no plans in doing anything with this woman. Gods, he didn’t even know her. They had no way of knowing if they could trust her with the relationship they had to each other, but he did like the thought of sharing, though. It was fun to imagine even if he doubted that it would happen. Elias smiled at Arthor before leaning down to lay his head against his shoulder. Arthor kissed the side of his head and stroked his hair, and Elias realised how much he had missed him today.

“What is she like?”

"Peculiar. I know almost nothing about her."

“Sounds like she’s got you hooked,” Elias chuckled.

"Maybe a little."

“A little?”

"Perhaps a bit more than a little."

That sounded more accurate to Elias since Arthor had started rambling about her from the moment he had entered his room. Not that Elias minded, but he thought that Arthor must have gotten smitten by this woman somehow. He couldn’t help but chuckle at that, though, since it wasn’t very usual for Arthor.

"I doubt it'll go anywhere, though. I don't even know if I'll ever see her again."

“Well, at least you had a lot of fun,” Elias said with a smile as he pulled away to look at Arthor.

"True. We did at least have one good night together,” Arthor chuckled.

“Exactly.”

"I wouldn't complain about a few more nights like that, though."

“Then you’ll have to find her again.”

Arthor had put his head against his shoulder now, and Elias moved his hands so he could stroke his fingers through his hair. It shouldn’t be too difficult to find her, at least not if Arthor tried hard enough. Santrella was a crowded place, but Elias thought that if Arthor was determined enough, he would manage to find whoever this woman was. But Arthor had said that he barely knew anything about her, so perhaps Elias was a little too optimistic about the situation.

"What if I don't get to do that, though?"

“What do you mean?”

"What if she's not at the same inn or what if she leaves Santrella altogether?"

“You can still try. Who knows what will happen, but at least you can try,” Elias said while he continued to stroke his fingers through Arthor’s hair.

Talking to Elias about Sarisa was turning out to be rather fun and made Arthor almost want to get up then and there to go and find her. He didn’t want to be desperate though or come off too strong, even if he feared that him hesitating might mean he’d lose Sarisa in Santrella forever. Arthor hoped that that wouldn’t happen, but if it did then he’d only have himself to blame.

It seemed like Elias was quite supportive and encouraging him to try and seek her out. Arthor liked that and he hoped that he’d be successful and that he wasn’t reading Sarisa wrong. He could easily imagine bumping into her and doing this all over again. The thought made his body and mind tingle with excitement. Arthor didn’t want to get his hopes up, though.

“I’m going to.”

It was rare that Arthor would actually want to find a woman after a night with her. It wasn’t really his way of doing things. Usually, he’d quickly forget about them, no matter how good they had been, and move on to someone else. Sarisa, though, once again she proved to be different. Arthor didn’t want to go out and find a different woman, because he knew that they wouldn’t match her. He felt so stupid for thinking like that.

“Good.”

“Later. I don’t want to look desperate,” Arthor mumbled and laughed.

“True. Wait a few days.”

“And then I’ll pray that she hasn’t left the town.”

Though judging by their conversation about the South and Santrella, Arthor imagined that perhaps Sarisa wouldn’t leave so soon. Maybe she was lying or maybe she’d change her mind, though, about that he could never be sure. Arthor tried to stay positive, though. He just wanted to have her with him a few more times, is all, and then Sarisa could go wherever she’d like.

"I'll pray for you as well,” Elias chuckled.

“Gods, if you’d see her you’d want to hunt her down as well.”

"Perhaps another man will get to her before you do."

“You, maybe?” Arthor laughed.

"Not me,” Elias chuckled.

Perhaps someone would end up catching Sarisa before Arthor would get the chance. She was beautiful and many men would have eyes for her. It was obvious that she’d been with other men as well. Maybe she was just like the whores in brothels, making men feel special because she’d turn the cold shoulder towards them. Arthor was almost surprised that he’d woken up with her still in his arms and his gold coins still in his trouser pockets.

“You’re missing out on her. Fucking amazing.”

"I'll let you have her."

“How kind of you.”

“I know.”

At that, Arthor chuckled and leant up so that he could kiss Elias. He had missed him too the whole day. With everything, Arthor wasn’t spending as much time with him as before, and he did feel guilty. He just hoped that Elias had something to keep him busy. They kissed and it made Arthor smile into it. Overall, there was nobody that could match Elias in his eyes. His fingers were stroking through Arthor’s hair before he pulled away. Arthor chuckled and reached up to stroke his fingers against his jaw. Elias laughed then and raised his hand to touch his wrist gently.

“What’s so funny?”

"You already drooling for this woman you've only met once."

“You’d do the same if you were me. Gods, Elias,” Arthor mumbled and laughed, shaking his head a little.

"One day I might find myself a woman and come rambling to you about her."

“I can’t wait for the day.”

If that would happen, Arthor would try to not get jealous. He was handling himself better now, or at least he thought so. The thought of Elias and Antra didn’t bother him as much as i thad once. Arthor thought he was doing well and he hoped that if Elias would find a woman, then he would be mature about it. He didn’t want to lose Elias or fuck his chances up because of his immaturity and jealousy.

Elias chuckled and Arthor did as well before he leant in to kiss him again. Though Arthor did hope that Elias would find someone, for now Elias was his alone. Elias cupped his face and kissed him back, so Arthor held him closer to him. If he wouldn’t find Sarisa, then at least Arthor would have someone to complain about that to. Elias stroked his cheeks and kissed him deeper, which made Arthor squeezed his arms around him.

“I love you,” Elias mumbled as he pulled away.

“I love you, too,” Arthor chuckled and hugged him, sighing a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back