• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventures of Prospero

Mimi Sunomata and Soraya Chevalier
A long time later at Southern Hill

Mimi and Soraya sat on their steads. "I hope the tower isn't too far." Mimi laughed, "the problem isn't distances, it's getting into vicinity without being killed by apprentices who don't know how to control fireballs." Soraya gave a worried chuckle. Gripping the reins, Mimi led the way, as they left Southern Hill.

Southern Hill was repaired for what it was worth. Really the only damage that occurred was some kid casting magic missile and it hitting one of the houses. The kid was scolded appropriately.

Arya Tinuviel
Magus Tower, Arya's Quarters ---> hallways

After having gathered her things, Arya looked into the orb that Armis had given her and requested to be taken to her room. It felt like she had only blinked, and she was then standing in the quiet room. Red eyes scanned her surroundings, inspecting the area she was supposed to be sleeping in. It was not big, but not small either. There was not much in the way of furniture, but there was enough to be comfortable -- a small desk with a mirror and small amount of personal items set upon it, a chair, a chest to store her belongings, a small closest for her clothes, and of course a bed. There was also an attached room, separated by a simple wooden door. Closer inspection of that room revealed a bathroom with simple amenities and a small bathtub.

After making sure that the door to the room was locked (though she was unsure how useful that would be in a tower full of mages), Arya set her things down, unloading all of the items she had brought with her. She was going to have to get a pack to carry things in at this rate, if she continued to collect so many items. She needed to replace her pouch that had been destroyed, anyway. In any case, she put those thoughts out of her mind as she sat down on the decently sized bed. It was surprisingly comfortable, and Arya soon found herself curled up and drifting off to sleep.

upload_2017-7-26_9-5-34.pngShe didn't know how long it was that she had slept, but it must have been a long time. She had gotten some much needed rest, and looked much more refreshed now, but she could not say that her sleep was entirely peaceful. She had been having various nightmares throughout the night, plagued by anxiety and the fear of the others attempting to kill her. Sitting up in bed and running her hand through her hair with a sigh, the hybrid closed her eyes briefly to collect herself, then swung her legs over the side of the bed, getting up. She walked over to the bathroom, running some water into the bathtub and generally getting ready for the day.

After finishing up her bath and everything in the bathroom, the half-dragon drained the water from the tub (though a good sized puddle of it refused to drain and instead gathered at her feet), then went back to the bedroom portion of her quarters, dressing herself in her new armor and putting her hair up in a clip that she had found so that her blue locks would be out of her way. She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. The many scars on her arms, back, and chest, faded though they may be, were very visible with this new set of armor. It made her slightly uncomfortable, but she would have to make do. Besides, it would make healing herself in the middle of battle a bit easier, not having to take a gauntlet off any time she wanted to do so.

She idly ran a finger across one of the scars on her wrist, a sour look coming over her face as she remembered how she got it, her resentment for humans heavy in her heart as she recalled the painful memories. Then, she let her fingers fall away from the mark, her hands dropping to her side as she steeled herself for the day, reigning in her emotions and putting on her perfect mask for others to see. With that, she stood from the chair she had been sitting in, grabbing the two ornate daggers she had and storing them in her boots -- they were nicely concealed this way, but still easily accessible as well as easy to carry around. She decided against taking her scythe with her, as it was bulky and in the smaller halls of the tower, less useful than the daggers. Almost as an afterthought, the girl grabbed the various pieces of clothing that she had acquired from the others, intending on returning them. With that, she finally made her way outside of her room, softly closing the door behind her and looking around.

A look out of the hallway window confirmed that it was morning, but still somewhat dark, as the sun struggled to rise above the horizon. Breakfast probably wouldn't be served in the mess hall for some time yet, and the tower grounds were quiet as most if the students and faculty would still be sleeping. Arya wondered down the hallway, trying to figure out where the mess hall was, since she had been simply teleported to her room earlier. She was hoping to get in to eat breakfast -- she was finally hungry again after the whole dragon transforming incident -- before anyone else was there, so she could eat in relative peace and not have to worry about things such as getting stabbed in the back or poison getting slipped into her drink. Hopefully the magic tables served food regardless of the time of day.

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf ((If you want Sevix and Arya to interact, now would be the best time))

Dante Voerman
Magus Tower - Personal Quarters >>> ??? >>> Hallways

After the tiresome day, Dante made his way to his quarters. The training and the gate opening ritual were straining on their own, but he had a duel to attend to tomorrow. Obviously, having just reached a completely new level, Dante felt he was only righteous in his confidence. He was confident he would win and defeat that spoiled brat. Taking his shirt off, he took a good look at himself in the mirror. Nothing out of the ordinary, really. The same Dante that always was. His skin-tone was healthy. His blue hair gathered into a short ponytail on his neck. He had one silver earring. A plentiful of scars adorned Dante's body, much like medals. Dante moved his hand hesitantly, pulling it across one of the scars, but his hand jumped back at once. The sharp sting of his scar being aggravated once more reminded Dante that playing with old wounds was not a good idea.

Dante made his way to the bathroom and took some time to clean his body, avoiding to meet any more scars with his touch.

After he was done, Dante put on something akin to pajamas he found in the wardrobe and ran across the room and jumped onto the bed with a satisfied grin. He stared at the ceiling, two hands on his pillows and under his head, and smiled. It was a fleeting moment of joy on his face that faded once he remembered how he got here in the first place. Dante felt a sharp pull deep in his chest. A weight. Something was dragging him down. Deciding it'd be better not to think about it, Dante turned to his side, took a good look at the amulet he received from Armis, then blew out the candle's fire, and went to sleep. He slept, but no longer happy.

The following morning...

Dante's eyelids lazily slid open. He struggled to move his hands and stretch but soon achieved it. "What a weird dreaaam..." he gasped. Scratching his right cheek, he looked up at the clock. He woke up rather early. The sun should have dawned but a few minutes ago. His hand moved onto scratching his neck, and before soon, Dante got up and changed into a more fitting attire. He picked up a book of spells on the bookshelf next to his bed and walked out of his room to find his way to the mess hall, whilst reading on the way there. Dante took interest in the arcane arts. It seems he was born for the job.

Not watching where he was walking, he bumped into someone once he walked past the corner. Stepping back as a result of being startled, he looked at who it was he walked into. Before even realizing it was Arya, he apologized. "Sorry! My fault. I wasn't-- paying attention...." he stared at Arya for a few seconds. "Uh... Uhm! Cool armor...!" he looked to the side, avoiding direct eye contact. How embarrassing.

Archdemon Archdemon Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Raku Raku Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Kila Izuna & Sevix Azrel
Kila was walking through the halls and yawned loudly. Beside her was a small sprite or wisp that was following her around. The same one she had contacted when she had pulled some stuff out of the spirit world. It was speaking to her in a foreign language and she was replying in kind. It went on for a while until Kila saw Arya and Dante, then summoned her sprite back into her talisman. She smiled when they bumped into each other and took note of the conversation. Once Dante had finished saying his piece, she snuck up behind him and pressed herself on his back and said, "Awwww. Aren't you just adorable when you're embarrassed. No need to be, girls like compliments. Do you have one for me today?" She then let go of Dante and spun around. She was dressed in a white kimono with some red on it. It also had a red skirt on it. An Estari shrine maiden's outfit. "It's a traditional Estari garb for shrine maidens and priestesses. Probably what you'd call nuns here in Prospero, but far more free than them." She did really want to say something about Arya's armor. Especially the fact of how her vitals were exposed. It definitely wouldn't stop someone from trying to slice off her arms or stab her chest, but at least the muscles around the waist were protected.

"Lively for a morning. I didn't get much sleep," Sevix said as he walked into the situation as well. He definitely looked tired. He even looked pale too. He then walked up to Arya and said, "I need to tell you something. It's about your dragon form and Tizica." He then walked off away for about a few feet before turning back to see if Arya would follow. He wanted to tell her about her situation and standing regarding the Strevos Order's view of her. No time like the present. She should know, she has a right to know. It wouldn't be fair to keep it from her.

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Birdsie Birdsie

Arya Tinuviel
Magus Tower Hallways

Water spiked up in alarm as Arya walked past a corner and was almost immediately bumped into by something. She took a step back in a small effort to brace herself after being knocked off balance, water immediately moving to attack, though she just barely stopped the water at her feet from flying into the culprit before realizing that it was Dante. The restraint of her immediate attack reaction was fast enough that, unless someone was paying particularly close attention, they could easily miss that her first reaction was to attack at all. Her expression certainly didn't betray it, as her neutral face took in the situation.

Dante was looking embarrassed, apologizing to her and kind of staring for a few seconds. He averted his gaze, however, then refused to meet her gaze at all, leading her to be a bit confused. Dante was...kind of cute when he was embarrassed...she quickly put that thought out of her mind, though, reminding herself that she couldn't get too comfortable around him, or any of the others. Still, she put on a friendly, slightly demure smile in response to his compliment. "Thank you. It's a bit different from what I'm used to wearing, but I couldn't really be picky..." She responded, trailing off with a shrug at the end of her statement and mentally resisting the urge to cover up herself up a bit more with her arms. She then glanced over as Kila walked up and pressed herself against Dante's back. "Oh, good morning Kila," she mentioned, still with the friendly smile on her expression. While Kila talked, Arya grabbed the jacket and kimono from the small pile of folded clothes she was carrying around and held them out to Dante and Kila respectively. "Thank you for letting me borrow these. I'll be sure not to make a habit out of it," she told them, then looked over at Kila. She was about to compliment the girl's outfit, when Sevix walked out and addressed them, then spoke to her directly before beginning to walk away.

The water at her feet that had been bubbling slowly since seeing Dante and Kila began to bubble up faster. I don't trust this, it could be a trap... She thought to herself, concerned. She turned a nonchalant expression back toward Dante and Kila. "I'll see you both around, then...oh, and Dante, good luck on your duel today. Ill make sure to be there to watch you," she added the last part with a smile, then waved to them both and turned to follow Sevix, her friendly expression fading away into a neutral one as soon as they could no longer see it.

She approached Sevix, but kept at the ready in case this was some sort of trap, not wanting to be caught unprepared. She was acutely aware of any movement or noise going on behind or around her. To Sevix, however, she held out the final piece of clothing that she had folded in her arms, the cloak that he had let her borrow. "I believe this is yours, thank you for letting me use it," she told him, putting on another smile as she approached, though one that looked a bit less friendly. She wanted to disarm him, but not give him any ideas of her being unaware or unprepared for her surroundings, so a more reserved smile seemed like a better way to go. "I know of a place we can talk that's more private, if that is what you wish," she added with a relaxed expression. It was a suggestion meant to put herself at the upper hand. She didn't want to blindly follow Sevix into some sort of trap, and if he objected to her choosing a place to talk, it would be a red flag indicating that he had plans on where he was taking her. She waited for his answer. If he agreed to her choosing a place to talk, she would simply walk down the hall a little ways and enter in to an empty room that she had peaked into earlier on her quest to find the mess hall. If he refused, then...well, she would be less than eager to follow the man in that situation.

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf ((If Sevix agrees then feel free to just have them both move to said room in post))
Birdsie Birdsie

Dante Voerman
Magus Tower - Hallways

Dante nearly jumped in reflex, startled when Kila pressed herself against his back. He calmed down once he saw who it was. She requested a compliment, so Dante thought for a second. "I suppose you're kind of charming when you're not insane," he reddened, rolling his eyes. At first, he wanted to use the word cute, but that was too much for him to handle, especially when surrounded by people. "Also, thank you for the ritual yesterday. I feel like I'm ready to help that punk exercise. He'll be running so fast he'll outrun a horse," Dante smiled confidently, almost knowing that he had won the wizard duel already. His once dwindling self-esteem was now flourishing, almost to the point of arrogance.

Dante took the jacket, albeit reluctantly. He had no real use for the item since it was a temporary possession stolen from one of the witch hunters. Regardless, he tied its sleeves together at waist-level as to transport it more easily until he found some way to dispose of it. Perhaps he'd sell it to some peasant for a low price. Some poor man gets clothing, and Dante gets a cold one. A win-win. Dante nodded to Arya as she left with Sevix. "See you later."

Dante turned around to the fox-girl. "So you're dressed in the equivalent of a nun's clothing right now? Interesting. I suppose Prosperan clergywomen aren't as flashy," he shrugged, clueless. Dante was never one much into religion. Yes, of course, he went to church... went is a key word. But he never had any formal education about religion or history, due to relatively low ranking in society. All he knew was that there were a bunch of Gods and they are good and you gotta pay your respects to them because they help you. That's pretty much it. Oh, and of course, the evil spirits; demons. Something that Dante now doubted himself. "Say, why do Estari people live so close to spirits and... uh... demons? Care to fill me in?" he asked, genuinely curious about the topic.

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Kila Izuna
Kila gave an immediate frown at the comment about her sanity. Sadness swept across her face quickly as she gave a heavy sigh. She knew full well the gravity of her own insanity. Like he needed to point that out. When he gave his thanks she gave a clearly phony smile and shook her head. "No, it was nothing."

Then he started asking questions about Estari her sadness lifted by a little, but not by much as she leaned against a wall and looked up. "That's an interesting tale. To start off simple, the word for what you in prospero call demons, angels, gods, the divine, and spirits we have one word for: Kami. This isn't a lack of language development, but has to do with how we view the more "astral" beings. We believe that sin and virtue can be one and the same, you just have to moderate them so they do not get out of control. You've seen it, in the inquisition. They believe in their virtues to such an extreme it turned back into sin. Not to mention, demons can be good. Good demons exist, but I've found a resentment in the spirits that inhabit prospero. Maybe a long time ago, the supernatural beings were feared and the mortals hid behind a curtain of fear and resentment, indiscriminately striking out...that't the most I got out of them anyway. Maybe this happened thousands of years ago, before history was well-recorded. After all, crusades can be quite evil. If you want to know more, we should sit down somewhere. If that's too much, then I suppose we can call it a day."

She was happy to talk about her homeland, but there was a lot of questionable subjects she could talk about. Estari was such an alien culture compared to Prospero. Their history, culture, and morals couldn't be more different. Right could be wrong and black could be white for all she knew.

Birdsie Birdsie

Sevix Azrel

Sevix followed Arya, he just wanted to tell her. Once they were in a more private area, he walked to the end of the room. Giving Arya the chance to run if she wanted and the advantage if she so wished to corner him. He wanted her to feel as comfortable as possible. He then removed his weapons and kicked them over to the side. No threat, no harm intended, he was going to make himself seem as vulnerable as possible. She wasn't very stable, that much was clear. Once he was in that state he said, "The Strevos Knights have marked you under the category of execute if necessary. After your stunt in Tizica, you have been deemed a high class threat. This means high ranking knights like myself have the right to kill you if we deem it necessary. That is limited to high combat capability though."

He crossed his arms and sat down. This should be enough. If she attacked, he already had the necessary magic skills to defend himself from an attack. His void tentacles would also be more than enough of a tool to escape if necessary, but he hoped it wouldn't come to that. He then continued what he was saying.

"Personally, I would like to not see such a scene play out, and I don't care about the people you kill much, but I do pity them. For fear they were robbed of their future, their kids that existed were robbed of a parent, any kids they may have had were robbed of existence, and those children's children were also robbed of life, but that happens with every murder if not most. I had a similar episode to what you had once, but that's aside the point. The inquisition will hunt you down, the Strevos order may hunt you if they so wish, the people of Tizica may or may not ever welcome you again, and maybe some will form a vendetta against you. I'm able to keep the Strevos order off your back though. So long as I monitor you, the execute i necessary order is under my authority alone unless some higher-ups say otherwise."

He then closed his eyes waiting for a response. Now she knew, one of the most powerful knight orders saw her as a threat. He didn't expect a good reaction. Who wouldn't react badly to such news?

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Dante Voerman
Magus Tower - Hallways

"I don't know. Humans are a lazy and flawed race. I doubt they would begin a genocide against supernatural beings without a given reason. But what do I, a speck of dust, compared to this planet's history, know at all?" he said, getting a bit philosophical. Since yesterday, he's had some time to study, or rather, skim through the contents of the tower's library. Dante definitely took an interest in arcane knowledge and history. He was hoping to study a bit more before they left. At times, his mind wandered into dark places, even so far that he considered stealing a few scrolls upon their departure so he could study them as well. These thoughts were ultimately fleeting and temporary - he wouldn't become a thief after swearing an oath to stop thievery.

"And what do you think of my father? Don't tell anyone, but I think not even the amulet Armis gave me can stop him. Tonight, I had a weird dream. I woke up in... in another world. I know this sounds insane, but I don't think it was just a dream. It's almost as if I had been there. And there were other... people... no, not people... things. There were entities there and they were speaking to me. Whispering of the future. I'm not sure if--" he paused. Dante looked at the floor, or rather, stared. His whole expression turned aloof for a moment, focusing on something not present. He looked back up at Kila. "No, ignore that. I'm probably just having some weird side effects after having my gate woken up," he chuckled nervously, but it was easy to tell there was even more to his story than he told. He was withholding information, probably in hopes that he wouldn't be seen as a rambling maniac.

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Arya Tinuviel
Magus Tower - Empty Room

Arya watched Sevix carefully as he entered the room and removed his weapons. She continued to watch him carefully as he spoke, her face a blank slate as she took in his words. The water at her feet, however, started bubbling and spiking up more and more aggressively as he continued speaking. He was talking about the people who were killed. You think I care about them? About their children? You think I ever want to go back to that city, anyway? To that city of monsters?? I gave them a quick death, that was more than generous towards them. The thoughts ran through her mind, her resentment towards the people there only fueled more by the recent corrupting whispers that she had been hearing. Still, aside from the spiking water around her, she showed none of this anger, but neither did she show any sadness or regret. Only a blank slate. Even if Sevix had figured out that the water was key to displaying her feelings, what, exactly, the water was displaying was still very much up for interpretation.

Arya regarded the man carefully as he finished talking. One thing was confirmed for her: this man was liable to try to kill her. At least he was up front about it, though. Still, something about his words, particularly the final two sentences, rubbed Arya the wrong way. In her paranoid state, those words were not a comfort to her in the slightest. She viewed it as this man's attempt at holding power over her, and a small seed of resentment towards him grew in her heart. At least the man's information was useful. She knew that she had become a target for many different organizations, but the Strevos Knights was one that she was not totally expecting. Just her luck that this man would be a part of that order of knights, and not just a common order. Of course, other than knowing that the Strevos Knights was a particularly powerful order, Arya knew little to nothing about them...she never was very good at keeping up with the various orders and organizations in Prospero.

After a few moments of silence, the dragon hybrid finally spoke, having chosen her words carefully. "You think I don't know that I've become a target? Why do you think I'm here? Why do you think that I came, willingly, to this tower?" she inquired. Her tone didn't sound accusatory, but rather tired. "Turning into a dragon was a surprise even to me, it was not something that had happened before," she gave out this measured amount of information before continuing, "and here, I will be able to learn how to control it. I do not plan for such an event to happen again," she informed Sevix neutrally, as if simply stating facts. "Watch me if you like. There are many who will do the same. As long as the others are safe, I am confident that you will find me quite agreeable." By the others, she was referring specifically to Johnathan, Sapphira, and Dante, as she was not yet familiar with the others in the expanding group (though she was slowly getting to know Kila, and wasn't actually too familiar with Dante yet, to tell the truth, though she felt protective of him due to their similar circumstances). Even if she suspected that they would kill her one day, she was hesitant to let go of them anyway, and still felt very protective of them. Letting out this small amount of information about herself -- this perceived weakness of hers -- was a calculated risk. Yes, this man now knew that she was protective of certain people. However, it also told him that her actions were not without reason, that she wasn't just some unreasonable monster that needed to be executed immediately.

After she had said her piece, she closed her eyes while waiting for a response, mirroring Sevix's actions. She had already seen that he was up front about his orders to execute her if necessary. If he intended to kill her, it would not be here at this moment, that much she was confident about. Mirroring him was a way to put him at ease, and perhaps show him that she was not intending to kill him where he stood. Not that she was any less angry at him -- the water at her feet was still spiking up with its angered protest -- but her calm stance with no visible weapons and her neutral, almost tranquil expression helped to offset the protesting water. She did her best to suppress her predatory aura as well, though there was little she could do about such a thing, so even looking as tranquil as she was, a small amount of danger seemed to flow out from her to those who were unfamiliar with her. Maybe even more so to those who were familiar with her, considering the events in Tizca. Either way, she waited, eyes closed, for some sort of response from Sevix.

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Sevix Azrel

The Tower----> outside the tower.

He smiled. There was still a human part of this person. Perhaps she could be saved, and while he smiled he said, "Very well. I don't particularly care what you think, but it's good to hear you still have something worth protecting. If I lose sight of you, if I am no longer monitoring you, you will no longer fall under my authority. Believe me, vengeance is all consuming. One who does not recognize its dangers can live their whole life. I don't know how you feel to dragon kind, especially Naga and Kronis, the parent dragons, but I think this is worth quoting. 'So the Black Dragon stoked the evil growing in their hearts. Fear and resentment grew a desire for Haless's new symbol: vengeance. The final symbol that completed the trinity for the god of purgatory. Through vengeance, those who were tainted by the dark gods found a darker joy, the joy in anger and inflicting that anger as pain on the poor souls who did not deserve such. It birthed the new sin, the sin of wrath. The sin that tempts one into unfair vengeance, to attack those who wished to help, and even turn on those they loved.' The Book of Twilight."

That was his warning to Arya. It wasn't her dragon form that killed those people and put Johnathan in danger, it was her own anger. He saw it then, her desire for vengeance. It was clear to even the untrained eye during her outburst. She was growing to resent something. What exactly, he didn't know, but he could at least play the devil's advocate for now.

"Your dragon form isn't the issue. You were still very much yourself in that enraged form. So who was it that put Johnathan in danger? You? No it must have been your dragon form, but that is also you. I said it before then and I will say it again now Arya." A grin was growing on his face. It seemed sinister, but well fitting for someone such as himself in the moment. "Golden hair. Children laughing. Rage. Tears. Ripped pieces of cloth. The cries of an infant. Crimson hair." "Do not let yourself become the monster they fear you are, or you only give them the right to hate you. The dragon isn't the danger, you are." He stood up with a devilish grin on his face and looked her in the eyes and walked up slightly close. "Fear. A knife. Screams. Joy." His eyes were beginning to glow. He could feel it. The darkness in the room was vanishing and his pupils were becoming slits. "Do you hate me for saying so? Then go ahead. Hate me, despise me, kick me like the rest!" He was yelling. What was he doing? Did he even care? "See how far the path you walk takes you...you're staring at the end now. You hate one group of humans, you can be persuaded to hate more. Hate more and you hate all of them. I'm human, hate me. It would be nice to see how that goes."

He backed away in panic as his voice began to change in tone. His eyes became covered in shock and he reeled back. Did he just say that? He did didn't he. How could he do such a thing? What was tempting him so bad? He opened his eyes with a gasp as he closed his eyes and saw his father bruised on the ground. He needed to leave. His past, the damnable past. He needed to run before he hurt someone. His eyes began to dim and glow like a heartbeat. He felt sick. He hated himself, everything about him was disgusting in that moment. He hurled on the floor and then outstretched his hand towards his weapons. A black tentacle emerged and grabbed them. He then ran out of the room. He ran as he did something bad. What a fool, he should have isolated himself. He should never have left his room. Not when he knew the risks. He ran, he didn't know for how long, but when he did he found himself outside the tower. He leaned back and looked at the sky. He should never have left his room, not without that voice. Not without that comforting voice around.

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Alteras Alteras (open for business)

Kila Izuna

The Magus Tower hallways
This human was being a bit weird. What was he saying about the universe? She felt a twinge in her mind and then felt nothing for a moment. Maybe her playful side she was in right then was getting worse, no it felt slightly different. Not one to come on often. However when she opened her mouth she realized it was indeed just some odd mind fart because she was still in her playful state, which was the one she was in around Dante most of the time anyway.

"That's nice, but there are other dreams. It's just a dream, no matter how real it is you can't grasp it, but you are looking at something you can," she said with a rather seductive expression on her face, but then her expression turned playful again and she put her face really close to Dante's, just to see how he would react.

Birdsie Birdsie

Dante Voerman
Magus Tower - Hallways

He thought for a moment about her words, only to realize this was an attempt at seduction. In response, Dante moved back, his cheeks flushing red with uncertainty and surprise. "Huh?" he exclaimed, unsure if he was being seduced or if this was some deep philosophical metaphor. It was a rather thrilling experience to be hit on, but one that Dante wouldn't imagine. "Hold on, hold on. You... you're joking, right? I mean, I can't just..." he inched back as her face got near, giggling and laughing about very nervously, yet excitedly.

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Arya Tinuviel
Magus Tower Room --> Hallway

Arya opened her eyes once more as Sevix began speaking. His words started out about what she was expecting. A lecture. Great. But then, his words changed, and Arya began to get even more angry, water spiking up more at his words. What does he know of it? I never said I wasn't at fault, I never said that I didn't put John in danger! I only said that I was here to control it! She kept these thoughts reigned in, working hard to maintain her calm demeanor. She was getting angrier, but only the water truly told of her emotions. Still, something was off...Sevix was talking differently now, more aggressively, and some of his words weren't making sense.

The water slowed in it's anger, no longer spiking as much, and now constantly twisting and bubbling in confusion. He walked up close to her, and immediately water began to float around her as a protective measure. Arya's neutral expression shifted to a hardened one, not one of hate, but one that was clearly expecting to be attacked, even though it was Sevix who was yelling at her about hating him, kicking him... The yelling, his aggressive approach towards her...her heart started beating faster in her chest. Fear. It was not the change in his eyes that caused her fear, or even the change in the lighting of the room, but the image of this human approaching, yelling, an image that was all too familiar to her. She held his gaze, almost defiantly, refusing to show any fear aside from the bubbling and boiling water around her. She felt threatened, backed into a corner, but she couldn't just kill him, not right now...not when she had to show restraint. Suddenly, Sevix backed off, hurled on the floor, and...a weird tentacle thing emerged from his hand and grabbed his weapons before he dashed out of the room.

Once he had left, the water around Arya dropped to the ground, and the girl let out a shaky breath, now alone. She was shaken, and she leaned against the wall now to steady herself, her hand moving over her visible scars and lingering on the ones on her wrist. The man's eyes, the tentacle, the darkness, none of that scared her. That was strange and alarming, but it was not scary, just different. What had scared her was the feeling of powerlessness as this man, who at least looked human and claimed to be so, approached her threateningly, and she was unable to do anything about it. If she had attacked, she would have been signing a death warrant for herself, but also for the others whom she had come here to protect. She was...powerless. She closed her eyes, flashback images of men approaching her when she was just a child, yelling at her and smiling cruelly as they grabbed her, hurt her...she had felt so powerless then, and had never wanted to feel that weak again. She looked down at her arms, taking in the rope scars on her wrists, the scars from slashes and stabs and burns across her body. Hate you? Arya briefly thought back to Sevix's words. Hate...is better than fear, she thought to herself, taking a deep breath to calm herself. She stood back up, looking completely neutral again, and hastily left the room. It stank in there, anyway.

Outside of the room, Arya began to head back the way she came, once again wanting to go find the mess hall before it got too busy. It was starting to get brighter outside, and it was likely that many of the others would be waking up soon, then the mess hall would be full of people getting breakfast and Arya would have missed her chance to eat in solitude. Walking in that direction, she quickly came upon Dante and Kila, in the same spot that she had left them originally. She stopped mid-stride as she saw them, their faces close together. Simultaneously, a twinge of jealousy and a twinge of fear struck in her -- jealously because, as much as she hated to admit it, she had a bit of a crush on Dante, the man who had seemed to understand her needs without even really knowing her. Fear because, though the imagery was more provocative than anything, Arya was still shaken up about what had just happened, and seeing them so close brought up the images of threatening figures approaching and getting close to her for harmful purposes. If she were in her normal mood, she would have simply brushed it off, perhaps cracked a joke at how close the two were, but as it were... ...Nope, I can't deal with this right now, she silently swiveled on one heel and began to walk the opposite direction. At this point, she might as well be pacing the hallway rather than trying to go anywhere, it seemed.

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Birdsie Birdsie Archdemon Archdemon ((and now would be the perfect time for the corrupting whispers!))

Arya Tinuviel
Magus Tower Room --> Hallway

Arya opened her eyes once more as Sevix began speaking. His words started out about what she was expecting. A lecture. Great. But then, his words changed, and Arya began to get even more angry, water spiking up more at his words. What does he know of it? I never said I wasn't at fault, I never said that I didn't put John in danger! I only said that I was here to control it! She kept these thoughts reigned in, working hard to maintain her calm demeanor. She was getting angrier, but only the water truly told of her emotions. Still, something was off...Sevix was talking differently now, more aggressively, and some of his words weren't making sense.

The water slowed in it's anger, no longer spiking as much, and now constantly twisting and bubbling in confusion. He walked up close to her, and immediately water began to float around her as a protective measure. Arya's neutral expression shifted to a hardened one, not one of hate, but one that was clearly expecting to be attacked, even though it was Sevix who was yelling at her about hating him, kicking him... The yelling, his aggressive approach towards her...her heart started beating faster in her chest. Fear. It was not the change in his eyes that caused her fear, or even the change in the lighting of the room, but the image of this human approaching, yelling, an image that was all too familiar to her. She held his gaze, almost defiantly, refusing to show any fear aside from the bubbling and boiling water around her. She felt threatened, backed into a corner, but she couldn't just kill him, not right now...not when she had to show restraint. Suddenly, Sevix backed off, hurled on the floor, and...a weird tentacle thing emerged from his hand and grabbed his weapons before he dashed out of the room.

Once he had left, the water around Arya dropped to the ground, and the girl let out a shaky breath, now alone. She was shaken, and she leaned against the wall now to steady herself, her hand moving over her visible scars and lingering on the ones on her wrist. The man's eyes, the tentacle, the darkness, none of that scared her. That was strange and alarming, but it was not scary, just different. What had scared her was the feeling of powerlessness as this man, who at least looked human and claimed to be so, approached her threateningly, and she was unable to do anything about it. If she had attacked, she would have been signing a death warrant for herself, but also for the others whom she had come here to protect. She was...powerless. She closed her eyes, flashback images of men approaching her when she was just a child, yelling at her and smiling cruelly as they grabbed her, hurt her...she had felt so powerless then, and had never wanted to feel that weak again. She looked down at her arms, taking in the rope scars on her wrists, the scars from slashes and stabs and burns across her body. Hate you? Arya briefly thought back to Sevix's words. Hate...is better than fear, she thought to herself, taking a deep breath to calm herself. She stood back up, looking completely neutral again, and hastily left the room. It stank in there, anyway.

Outside of the room, Arya began to head back the way she came, once again wanting to go find the mess hall before it got too busy. It was starting to get brighter outside, and it was likely that many of the others would be waking up soon, then the mess hall would be full of people getting breakfast and Arya would have missed her chance to eat in solitude. Walking in that direction, she quickly came upon Dante and Kila, in the same spot that she had left them originally. She stopped mid-stride as she saw them, their faces close together. Simultaneously, a twinge of jealousy and a twinge of fear struck in her -- jealously because, as much as she hated to admit it, she had a bit of a crush on Dante, the man who had seemed to understand her needs without even really knowing her. Fear because, though the imagery was more provocative than anything, Arya was still shaken up about what had just happened, and seeing them so close brought up the images of threatening figures approaching and getting close to her for harmful purposes. If she were in her normal mood, she would have simply brushed it off, perhaps cracked a joke at how close the two were, but as it were... ...Nope, I can't deal with this right now, she silently swiveled on one heel and began to walk the opposite direction. At this point, she might as well be pacing the hallway rather than trying to go anywhere, it seemed.

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Birdsie Birdsie Archdemon Archdemon ((and now would be the perfect time for the corrupting whispers!))

Johnathan Edward Weiss
Sapphira Alura Weiss

Arya turned and almost ran directly into John and Sapphira. "Good morning Arya," Sapphira asked her with a cute loving smile. She seemed incredibly oblivious to what Arya had just gone through. Her eyes shone along with her smile. "How are-
"You look like you've gone through it," John said upon one sight of her, interrupting Sapphira, yet answering her question for her. Sapphira probably couldn't read expressions well because Arya's irritation, anger, and............something else was obvious to him. His expression was one of half concern and half tired

Then he looked past her to see Dante so close to Kila and he knew immediately...........Indignation! She was one of those types. The ones who wanted to stop every love affair because she wanted people to be as miserable as she was. The disciplinary committee person. He placed a hand on her shoulder. "Ah! I get it. You don't want to see Dante trying to score with Kila. I got ya." he said. It seemed like he knew what she was thinking, but he actually had no damn idea.

He called down the hall to them. He didn't, however, try to be subtle about it. "Dante! It's a little too early in the morning to be trying to get some Estari Tail. The mess hall just opened and your duel is soon. Get that tent down under to the Mess Hall."

"Dante wants Kila's tail? That's terrible! Is he a witch?" Sapphira asked in alarm and horror

Birdsie Birdsie
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Last edited:
Dante Voerman
Magus Tower - Hallways >>> Mess Hall

Being called over by a familiar voice, Dante's attention shifted to focus solely on it. "Sir, yes, sir!" he replied quickly, having a natural predisposition to accept orders of those he considered superior. He looked at Kila for a moment and poked her nose. "Race ya," he said, hastily marching over in the direction of the mess hall.

"It's a metaphor, kiddo. You'll find out when you grow up," he mentioned to Sapphira when he walked by her, patting her on the head once or twice. Dante sat down at the table and ordered some meat for breakfast. It was easy to tell he had a mostly carnivorous diet because most men in the military ate meat whenever they could. It was good for muscle growth, as held the common belief, not like that'd help the blue-haired man... Of course, he didn't go by without some wine and bread too. After a while, Dante looked to Johnathan to talk about his dream. "I don't think this amulet's working... at least not fully. I've had a weird dream tonight. I can't explain it, but I can swear on all my common sense that it wasn't just a dream. It was vivid and real, but abstract and bizarre at the same time."

Archdemon Archdemon Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Dante Voerman
Magus Tower - Hallways >>> Mess Hall

Being called over by a familiar voice, Dante's attention shifted to focus solely on it. "Sir, yes, sir!" he replied quickly, having a natural predisposition to accept orders of those he considered superior. He looked at Kila for a moment and poked her nose. "Race ya," he said, hastily marching over in the direction of the mess hall.

"It's a metaphor, kiddo. You'll find out when you grow up," he mentioned to Sapphira when he walked by her, patting her on the head once or twice. Dante sat down at the table and ordered some meat for breakfast. It was easy to tell he had a mostly carnivorous diet because most men in the military ate meat whenever they could. It was good for muscle growth, as held the common belief, not like that'd help the blue-haired man... Of course, he didn't go by without some wine and bread too. After a while, Dante looked to Johnathan to talk about his dream. "I don't think this amulet's working... at least not fully. I've had a weird dream tonight. I can't explain it, but I can swear on all my common sense that it wasn't just a dream. It was vivid and real, but abstract and bizarre at the same time."

Johnathan Edward Weiss
Mess Hall

"The amulet Armis gave you was some top-notch merch," John said. On his plate was mostly the same as Dante. Mostly meat, but had some vegetation on it. He didn't have any wine though, as John didn't like drinking any alcohol that early in the morning.
Sapphira's plate a bit more questionable. Multiple thick slabs of raw meat with a big cup of milk.

"Lots of things mess around with magic and magic circulation. Alcohol, Experience, Stress. Neither of which would seem be working in your favor lately........" he pointed to Dante's wine glass, and the events last night. "However, it shouldn't keep that amulet from working. Either you have a lot of mana to work through, or your magic is resilient to the amulet's effects." Which said a lot about Dante, not that amulet. "I don't think Kila exactly helped yesterday, and as divine as I'm sure it is, I doubt her Estarian Regions would help it either." Kila probably made the problem a lot worse.

He drained his cup of water and ordered more. "Reversion is a Taboo spell, even amongst mages. It takes an insanely talented Black Mage to use such a spell. Centuries of learning. The fact that you could always use it points to something inhuman." Reversion was an Inquisition nightmare of a spell. It didn't strike John as surprising why they were planning to execute him for heresy after he found that out.

He ordered more food. "But then again, I haven't gone down the path of a mage, so my opinion isn't exactly coming from a position of expertise. What do you think about it?"

image.jpeg
Armis Trilis

Amis was in his study, looking through his own spell books. He had a suspicion about the Inquisition arriving today, so he must prepare. Though while he was busy, he decided now was the time to poke through Arya's thoughts. As such he coasted Corrupting Whispers on the child and found that now was truly the perfect opportunity.

Suddenly Arya heard the beginning of whispers, they weren't easy to understand until a clear voice rose over them. It was the same one as before.

"See? I told you! You doubted my words of their hatred. He was wrong and you are right! It's not like those people didn't deserve your wrath and anger for butchering any and all who aren't normal. As such they killed your father and Mother because they weren't normal even if your mom was one of them... None of your friends will ever understand as they haven't suffered like you have. But I understand because I have lost something to such terrible people... My wife and son... You know that Old man? Armis? He too has a hatred for humans like you, especially the inquisition. Over the years he's worked in this tower, before he even had a say in anything political. The inquisition would come here periodically and grabbed some mages and students whom they claimed who doing demon worship or consorting with the devil. They would die soon afterwards with false evidence attached to their names. They died in the flames just because they could harness magic no matter if they were human or not. But because they weren't normal.... They were a target for the inquisition just like you are now. Armis can help you, but you must show trust in the man."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.jpeg
Veril White

Veril was very nervous for today, as it was the day of the duel! A lot of mages will be there to watch the Hero of Tizca battle against the most accomplished apprentice Mage anyone has seen! If Dante loses then it's Veril's fault! He got Dante into this situation and he hopes that his training has helped Dante prepare!

Veril appeared in the mess hall looking around, he felt as if everyone's eyes were on him. He felt like a Gazelle being stalked by a lion or something. He looked at Dante and Johnathan but was unsure if he would be able to sit right next to them. Veril slowly walked looking for a spot to sit down while slightly hoping Dante would call him over to sit next to him. Not because Veril likes Dante romantically, but because he needed the support of a friends and Dante was the only person there that actually cared about Veril.
Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Birdsie Birdsie Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Arya Tinuviel
Hallways --> Mess Hall

Water spiked up in alarm once more as Arya almost ran into John and Sapphira. This time there was no actual collision, at least. Still, after being so shaken up, suddenly being close to someone like that was alarming, and Arya just managed to keep the fear off of her face, barely maintaining her neutral expression. "Ah, good morning," she kept her tone even and smiled, though it was clearly forced. John had seemed to figure out that something was wrong, though he immediately decided that it had something to do with Dante and Kila, which wasn't exactly right... Arya didn't exactly correct him, though, too busy trying to force herself not to flinch at the hand that was suddenly on her shoulder, though she couldn't keep herself from stiffening a bit at the physical contact, her heart beating harshly in her chest and water around her bubbling up in a panic. Keep calm, Arya, keep calm... She stood still, almost unnaturally so, until the hand that was on her shoulder was no longer placed there. Only then did she let out the breath that she hadn't been aware she was holding.

Arya watched as the others passed her to go to the mess hall. At least she knew where that was now. She didn't follow immediately, though, hanging back in the hallway and lightly placing her hand over her shoulder where John had touched her. It was weird, having someone touch her like that without hurting her. Now that John and Dante were out of sight, Arya was at least starting to calm down enough to gather her composure again. I'm not under attack, everything is fine. No one here right now is trying to push me against the wall and stab me... It was during this time, when she was just attempting to calm herself, that the whispers had started once again, pushing their way into her head. This time, she was too mentally exhausted, she didn't bother trying to resist against them and instead just listened silently. The voice was right, they really must hate her... She looked back over at the entrance to the mess hall, then made a decision. She took out the orb that Armis had given to her before, the one that could take her to her room. If she recalled correctly, it would also take her to Armis's office. She closed her eyes briefly, as if bracing herself, then opened them as she spoke to the orb. "I want to go to the arch mage's office," she told the orb, immediately getting transported there once the words were out of her mouth.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Birdsie Birdsie Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Archdemon Archdemon

Dante Voerman
Magus Tower - Mess Hall

He looked at Johnathan. "Yeah, true. Maybe I should lay off the wine for now," he realized, as his flask of wine turned into a goblet of water. "As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing I can do about it. In other words, there's no need to worry myself needlessly." Dante ate quickly, aware of his imminent challenge inching ever closer. Dante noticed just in time as Veril walked into the mess hall and called him over. "Here!"

There were not many people in the hall. It was still relatively early, after all, however, taking into consideration what was going to happen, it was clear a lot of people would want to get up early and see 'Draco' get his ass delivered to him. "So, how about you all? How are you feeling?" he asked the trio of Johnathan, Sapphira, and Veril.

(Sorry for the short post. Gotta prepare the other roleplay and stuff.)

Kila Izuna

Mess Hall
Kila listened to Johnathan talk for a while. He was right, stress, alcohol, and experience were all determinate in how effective one's magic prowess was. It was a universal law really. Suddenly she felt excited again. Food was on the table, and while they talked she bobbed back and forth while her fluffy tail swished around. As she did she was humming a melody. Nothing she really knew the name of. It could be something she made up, an old song she forgot, or maybe something else entirely. She didn't know. She was actually quite entranced in some pork, it was delicious. Once she had finished eating she switched her sights to Veril and within seconds was right in front of him saying, "The food here is delicious! I want to see where it's made. Show me! Show me!" All the while her white tail was swishing back in forth, and likely in front of someone's face, but she didn't know whose. She didn't care, so long as nothing touched it, she was fine.

Birdsie Birdsie Archdemon Archdemon Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Sevix Azrel
Magus Tower Courtyard -----> Hill Just outside the Magus Tower
Meditation was one of the first things he learned during his training in Eldritch magic. Stave off the corruption by emptying your mind. Meditation was highly spiritual, and therefore a common practice in magic. He sat cross-legged by a pond with his hands in his lap as he focused on his breathing. Once he felt calm enough he looked into the water and sighed with relief to see his eyes back to normal. He thought he would have the mental fortitude, but it turned out not to be the case. Void tendrils were a slow, but near permanent source of corruption. The amount of meditation he performed might last for around six hours before he had to do so again. He may despise the Black Eye cult, but their teachings were rather important in some ways. He didn't want to do what he was about to do in the courtyard, so he excused himself from the tower's grounds to take a walk. He ended up walking until he was in a blindspot of the tower along the hills, but also had a view of the road. He certainly didn't expect anyone to come, not this early in the day.

Sevix drew his two blades and took a deep breath. He whispered some ancient words and an icy statue appeared. He then cast a few more spells on it so that water magic would end up pulling it back together. He wielded Amexaz in his right hand which was raised as if her were about to stab someone with it and Korvax was held in his left hand, sent more downward in a defensive position. It was time to practice on the dummy. He didn't have many sparring partners to practice with anyway.

Alteras Alteras (Giving you a golden opportunity here)

Mimi Sunomata & Soraya Chevalier
Hill just outside the Magus Tower

The horses clomped their way through the woods and out into the open. They were behind several sets of hills. "Looks like we're almost there," Mimi said with a grin. The sound of a blade cutting through the air and several strikes of similar nature against something hard could be heard. Soraya noticed before Mimi did. "Umm, does the tower usually employ the use of melee weapons?" "So you hear that too, huh. Not usually, only a small group of people are actually capable of applying the magic of the tower to their swords, like actually combine the two. And they wouldn't be training out here. I made them a full arena for them to practice in, and I made sure to get the best materials for it." "Well, they're clearly not one of them then. We should look for them anyway."

The two got off their horses and climbed one of the hills. Behind a few other hills, they could see a man training. They got back on their horses and rode toward the man. Approaching from the bottom of the hill, they circled around and looked at the man, waiting until he would notice them.
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

image.jpeg
Armis Trilis

Armis walked to where his desk was, and was sort of surprised to see Arya standing right there. He smiled and turned to where was hard at work and spoke a simple incantation. Soon books were sorting themselves on their own.

"I'm truly sorry to keep you waiting young lady. The old books had to be sorted again but I don't think you care what an old man like me was doing. Come sit down! I'll brew you up some tea if you like! Are you here to start your training? I would've assumed you would prefer to do it later... Unless that's not why you've come here... Oh listen to me! I haven't given you a chance to speak! I'm mighty sorry about that! So what is it that your require of me?"

Armis seemed like he could be a very nice Grandpa. He spoke very politely, and he rambled on like he was getting old. He smiled too as he started making some tea for Him and Arya if she wanted it. There was a desk in the main entrance to his office where he would go and talk with who ever wanted to visit him. Both the chairs were very comfortable if one decided to sit down. All in all you wouldn't even dream that Armis belonged to a group of mages who wanted to start a rebellion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.jpeg

Veril White

Veril was very relieved when Dante called Veril over to their table. He took a seat and began getting some donuts and some eggs. He began eating since he hadn't actually ate dinner yesterday so he was just choosing down. Then Dante asked how everyone was doing. Veril was the first to reply to the question, after swallowing a mouthful of food.

"I'm... Quite nervous. I just can't get the idea of you being defeated by Draco. But then I get so excited that if you win it just makes me feel like I actually did something important! It's also been making me think that maybe I could do more if I was just... Out in the world helping people and saving the day. Maybe that's just a fantasy but you've certainly brought hope that maybe I can be a great Mage! Also I want to thank you. Thank you for standing up for me even when I wouldn't do it. I know that seems dumb of me to say but... You know what? I'm just going to shut up and continue eating. I'm starving."

And so Veril started eating as he stopped talking. It's almost like he was going to say something important like a favor but something stopped him. When Kila got in his face he jumped back a little, with food in his mouth. He swallowed and spoke trying to answer Kila's question.

"I can't show you.... Kitchens off limits for anyone who isn't a teacher or apart of the council. This is to stop pranksters who would hex the food or something. Besides nobody knows where the kitchen is anyways, or how to get there. I'm sorry if that's a disappointing answer. I could explain how exactly it works if that'll satisfy your curiosity."
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Raku Raku Birdsie Birdsie Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Johnathan Edward Weiss
Mess Hall

Kila's tail started swishing in John's face. He tried to ignore it or move, but with Sapphira right there, there wasn't much space to move. John gave Dante a bit more space by skipping a seat, but he was still strapping (in many more ways than one).

"Errrr......." He tried to bat her tail out of his face, but it was like trying to grab a wet flopping fish. He wouldn't try to actually grab it as this seemed like either an erogenous zone or, like a cat, a never touchy zone. It could end in him being killed. Or worse, with another pervert label orbiting his name. Unless Kila was watching or doing this on purpose, It would seem like he was stroking the tail, or trying to.
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Magus Tower - Mess Hall

The match yesterday ended with Kubai winning as usual, but this time it was different. It was probably the new sword. He actually was too fast for Lyall. Lyall was still quicker than Kubai, but with his strength it was a quick fight. Afterwards they went to their quarters to rest for the night. The night was pretty normal for Lyall, but Kubai on the other hand had a strange dream. It started with him standing in a field littered with bodies. They were all wolves. Their marks had indicated some were his own clan, others were of another, his clan's rival to be in fact. They were from the same clan of the chieftain that owned the sword. It was a short dream, but it gave him chills as he jolted up in his bed. It was still dark, so he went back to sleep.

When they woke, they could tell they woke late. Both of them could here movement outside. They made haste to get dressed and suited up in their armor. Their rooms were across from each other, so when they exited the were looking right ate each other. "Well isn't this a coincidence. You wake up the same time I do" Lyall remarked as he did a few static stretches. "Y-Yeah. Sure" Kubai responded. Almost immediately Lyall knew something was wrong with him. He never studders. Lyall just raised a brow. He was about to ask if he was alright, but Kubai spoke first. "L-Let's get something to eat" he said quickly. Kubai knew there was some deeper meaning to that dream. Or was he just over-thinking it. Either way, it was eating at him.

They arrived at the mess hall in no time as they knew their way around the tower pretty well. Once they got there they could see just about everyone was there. The two made there way over towards the group and sat down. Kubai ordered a simple steak, in similar fashion as yesterday's, and some eggs along with some water. Lyall ordered hard boiled eggs along with a glass of milk. "So, how's everyone?" Lyall asked with a friendly tone and smile.

Birdsie Birdsie Archdemon Archdemon Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Dante Voerman
Magus Tower - Mess Hall

"I'm good," he replied to Lyall's question. "Except for the dream I had, everything's fine," he added. He turned to Veril and pat his shoulder in a friendly manner. "Look, without you and Kila, I'd have lost that duel as soon as it started. Right now, I'm prepared." Soon, Dante's attention was drawn to Johnathan and Kila. Dante smiled at the irony and enjoyed a slice of meat as he watched the irony, taking full pleasure from the sight. After a moment, Dante laughed. "Who's trying to catch Estari tail now?" he said, with a smug expression.

Archdemon Archdemon Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Magus Tower - Mess Hall

The match yesterday ended with Kubai winning as usual, but this time it was different. It was probably the new sword. He actually was too fast for Lyall. Lyall was still quicker than Kubai, but with his strength it was a quick fight. Afterwards they went to their quarters to rest for the night. The night was pretty normal for Lyall, but Kubai on the other hand had a strange dream. It started with him standing in a field littered with bodies. They were all wolves. Their marks had indicated some were his own clan, others were of another, his clan's rival to be in fact. They were from the same clan of the chieftain that owned the sword. It was a short dream, but it gave him chills as he jolted up in his bed. It was still dark, so he went back to sleep.

When they woke, they could tell they woke late. Both of them could here movement outside. They made haste to get dressed and suited up in their armor. Their rooms were across from each other, so when they exited the were looking right ate each other. "Well isn't this a coincidence. You wake up the same time I do" Lyall remarked as he did a few static stretches. "Y-Yeah. Sure" Kubai responded. Almost immediately Lyall knew something was wrong with him. He never studders. Lyall just raised a brow. He was about to ask if he was alright, but Kubai spoke first. "L-Let's get something to eat" he said quickly. Kubai knew there was some deeper meaning to that dream. Or was he just over-thinking it. Either way, it was eating at him.

They arrived at the mess hall in no time as they knew their way around the tower pretty well. Once they got there they could see just about everyone was there. The two made there way over towards the group and sat down. Kubai ordered a simple steak, in similar fashion as yesterday's, and some eggs along with some water. Lyall ordered hard boiled eggs along with a glass of milk. "So, how's everyone?" Lyall asked with a friendly tone and smile.

Birdsie Birdsie Archdemon Archdemon Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Silver Wolf Silver Wolf
Johnathan Edward Weiss
Mess Hall
(I have no idea if the group is supposed to know them)

John looked at the newcomers. "Doing fine," he said as he bat Kila's tail out of his face again. "The duel is gonna start soon. You coming?" he asked. He pretty much talked to them like he knew them. That wasn't the case. He'd never seen these two before in his life. They probably knew him though from Armis's grand speech. Still, introductions were in order. He held out his hand to shake. "Johnathan Edward Weiss. Call me John. Mr. Weiss is cringey."

Sapphira waved at them. "Sapphira Alura Weiss." she said, copying her father's full name greeting style. "I'm daddy's dragon, so Sapphira is fine for me." she said, then drained her cup of milk.

Dante Voerman
Magus Tower - Mess Hall

"I'm good," he replied to Lyall's question. "Except for the dream I had, everything's fine," he added. He turned to Veril and pat his shoulder in a friendly manner. "Look, without you and Kila, I'd have lost that duel as soon as it started. Right now, I'm prepared." Soon, Dante's attention was drawn to Johnathan and Kila. Dante smiled at the irony and enjoyed a slice of meat as he watched the irony, taking full pleasure from the sight. After a moment, Dante laughed. "Who's trying to catch Estari tail now?" he said, with a smug expression.

Archdemon Archdemon Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Kylesar1 Kylesar1
John threw him a look, stifling his smile. "Hardy har har. I guess the tail comes to you then......" he said, an expression of mock offended. "...... Lucky bitch..........." he then muttered under his breath. He kept trying to no avail to catch it. Was Kila on crack? Her tail was moving way too fast. "Thing's made me sneeze already." It was soft and fluffy though, so he purposely gave up and leaned forward so it could hit his face and he could keep eating.

"Anyways, have you sparred any or cast some test spells since the whole thing yesterday? Or will this duel be your first attempt?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back