• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventures of Prospero

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind
NAVIGATION
IC
OOC
CS
Interest Check

"The God That Will Come is a false deity. If this god exists at all, it is a demon bent on perverting all that is just. When you encounter His followers, know that you have encountered an enemy!"
- Scrolls of Hope, Vol 6.

Adventures of Prospero

Backstory of Prospero
...Just south of the Chaotic Sea, and north of the Feral Mountains lies Prospero. Surrounded by numerous neighbors like Espania and Albion, Prospero is hailed as the cradle of culture, where the first Elves discovered how to utilize magic and produce wine. Prospero, in the modern days, is mostly inhabited by elves and humans, however, has a growing and very significant amount of minorities. It remains unchallenged in its studies of magic and scientific research, as well as agriculture and trade.

Rules
  1. I am always right.
  2. If I'm wrong, refer to the rule above.
  3. Write at least a small paragraph per post. Three lines are good enough.
  4. Write with proper grammar. Occasional mistakes are acceptable.
  5. If you want your character to gain new powers or notable equipment, all you have to do is simply include it in your post, in several steps:
    1. Write: NEW ITEM or NEW SKILL or NEW SPELL, etc. Then explain, for an example: NEW ITEM: Sword of Aeons: a powerful cleaver that cuts through all kinds of kitchen ingredients no matter their toughness.
    2. Tag me.
    3. After I like the post, you have a green light to edit your character sheet to include said item/skill/spell/thing.
    4. You can ignore the whole process if the item is superficial. Only tag me if your character is, for an example, learning a piece of true magic that can alter the fabric of time, or finds the ancient ultimate weapon of extreme death. Learning a fireball spell doesn't warrant the need to call the GM. Feel free to edit your CS to include such minor things when applicable.
    5. Note, this does not mean you can freely change every little detail of your characters' powers all the time. Be a sport and don't give yourself sudden water spells prior to the fight with fire atronachs, unless such a fight was expected by your character.
  6. Be nice.
  7. Have fun.
  8. I insist you start with a weak character that gets stronger over time. If your character is meant to be a villain, it is quite obvious you want to start out stronger to force the heroic types to evolve to defeat you. I will leave the power levels of characters to the judgment of players, but I won't accept OP mary sues, unless they actually GROW into being OP, not start off as such power-wank tools. Overpowered characters in stories are sometimes good, but if everyone is a powerful god, what point is there to writing a story anymore?
  9. I insist on using non-realistic appearances (eg: anime, cartoony, drawn, and so on,) but I won't force you into doing so if it ruins what you have imagined for your character.

FRIENDLY REQUEST: If you want to make life easier for new players that might join, include your character's location and name above the post. It will help people quickly get the gist of who's doing what and where.

dragonsfire dragonsfire Oreo Cookie Oreo Cookie Damafaud Damafaud Lordvader59 Lordvader59 NUSKI NUSKI Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Kylesar1 Kylesar1

I will begin then. Feel free to interact if dramatically appropriate.

Ventrue
: Forests > Feral Mountains/Abandoned Castle

A man in a white mask calmly strode forward on a sandy pathway with trees surrounding him, followed by a wolf that was two or three steps behind him and that constantly looked to the sides. Eventually, the trees became scarce and he approached what was a large, rocky mountain.

Ventrue looked up and observed a construction upon the peak of this mountain. A castle built from stone. Or rather, ruins. The castle was mildly destroyed. "This is the start, Dorn. The beginning of our adventure is where the story of my ancestors began," he said to his wolfy companion and stepped forward, starting to climb without proper gear. The castle belonged to the Aurelian family in the past. What better place to begin adventuring than what used to belong to one's own ancestors? He was hoping to find some treasures inside. Or at least get a nice view of the area.

(I'll just join in now.)
Location = Durab Avenue
Shirigo Enshiji walked along the path, pickpocketing alot of people. These people would soon begin to release their money is all gone. I'd be in a dark alley, much further away from the drama. I'd be surrounded by some people. "Oi!" I'd jump... "Whats that in your hand? Money? Great share some with us! " He'd snatch all my money out of my hand. I'd grab my sling shot, i'd jump up and spin, rapid firing rocks, breaking noses and hitting eyes. One jaw is dislocated. I'd grab the money and pick up the rocks stained with blood leaving people lying there with a fractured part of their face. I'd wander into an abandoned castle watching the person climb without gear. "Huh, he'll fall soon he is unprotected. I'll get some loot of him when he falls." I'd snicker and i'd hide in a bush watching the person.

Birdsie Birdsie

(I'll just join in now.)
Location = Durab Avenue
Shirigo Enshiji walked along the path, pickpocketing alot of people. These people would soon begin to release their money is all gone. I'd be in a dark alley, much further away from the drama. I'd be surrounded by some people. "Oi!" I'd jump... "Whats that in your hand? Money? Great share some with us! " He'd snatch all my money out of my hand. I'd grab my sling shot, i'd jump up and spin, rapid firing rocks, breaking noses and hitting eyes. One jaw is dislocated. I'd grab the money and pick up the rocks stained with blood leaving people lying there with a fractured part of their face. I'd wander into an abandoned castle watching the person climb without gear. "Huh, he'll fall soon he is unprotected. I'll get some loot of him when he falls." I'd snicker and i'd hide in a bush watching the person.

Birdsie Birdsie
(This is unrealistic. The castle is at the peak of a mountain. You won't be wandering there from an alley. Plus, birdsie is at the bottom of the mountain looking up at said abandoned castle. No way you could see him. Not being rude, just saying.)

Johnathan Edward Weiss
Abandoned Castle

Johnathan ended up at that castle after getting lost in the mountains. His runed chainmail was a life saver, as it kept him heated at a high altitude. He took shelter in the castle to weather a storm the night before and ended sleeping there. Now, he'd take the time to explore and hopefully he'd find something of interest. Weaponry, treasure, scrolls, something useful in this place. He patted himself down.
Sword? Check
Dagger? Check
Money? Check
Orb?.........

He got frantic as his patting got erratic. Where the hell was his orb?!
"Christ! I need that orb!"

Item lost: Mysterious Orb

Orb
In a bush at the base of the mountain

The orb sat in a nearby bush at the base of the mountain, which could be seen easily by the fact that the bush was completely frozen over, as well as the ground around the orb. The orb radiated Ice magic and the air progressively got colder as one approached it. A man approached to where the orb was
"HEY YOU!" The orb said. The orb's voice was childish and loud with urgency. The orb flashed blue with every word it spoke. "I NEED YOUR HELP!" As the orb yelled it twitched and the ice around it grew into crystals that kept growing larger and larger. Since the voice came from what should be an inanimate object, it could take a moment to find it, even with this visual spectacle
Birdsie Birdsie

Ventrue

Ventrue stopped, holding onto a rocky ledge with his hands, he looked to his right and saw a bush growing out of a flat piece of land just to his side. A voice called from it. He jumped and managed to catch onto the ledge of the cliff with one hand, then climbed up and approached the bush that spoke to him.

"Who are you?" he asked with a polite voice. It'd be a bad idea to be rude when you don't know who, or at least what you're dealing with. Soon after, from close nearby, a wolf ran out that clearly climbed the mountain through another way. Dorn hurried toward his master and stopped by Ventrue's side, sticking his tongue out to breathe after the climb. Ventrue pat the animal affectionately as he waited for an answer.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Ventrue

Ventrue stopped, holding onto a rocky ledge with his hands, he looked to his right and saw a bush growing out of a flat piece of land just to his side. A voice called from it. He jumped and managed to catch onto the ledge of the cliff with one hand, then climbed up and approached the bush that spoke to him.

"Who are you?" he asked with a polite voice. It'd be a bad idea to be rude when you don't know who, or at least what you're dealing with. Soon after, from close nearby, a wolf ran out that clearly climbed the mountain through another way. Dorn hurried toward his master and stopped by Ventrue's side, sticking his tongue out to breathe after the climb. Ventrue pat the animal affectionately as he waited for an answer.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Orb
Mountain base- Bush

"I don't have a name yet. My owner hasn't given me one yet. I need your help. He's gone up this mountain, and the idiot dropped me. When a storm hit, it rolled me all the way back to the bottom. Can you take me to him. He's probably asleep," the orb said, though it'd sound like it came from the bush unless he looked inside to see the orb flashing in accordance to its words. The orb couldn't see, but it could sense its surroundings.

elemental___water_orb_by_link_dot_s_e_a.jpg

The orb looked like a window full of condensation. Hazy and sky blue with a pale white outside. Inside, one could feel an icy presence inside, but trying to discover what was inside by force would probably unleash the powerful ice presence

Ventrue

He picked up the orb and shoved it in his pocket, replying: "Sure. Sounds like an adventure."

Ventrue looked up at the mountain and started climbing again. "What are you, by the way? Did he find you on this mountain in particular?" he asked, knowing what uncanny connection he happens to have with the place, the orb might have belonged to his ancestors. Now that Artanis had his noble rights taken away from him, this land would soon be settled by new villages and castles of the newly arrived noble families sent by the King, bwah! In Artanis' eyes, this all was still his property, and he was ready to defend it if he had to. Then again, he didn't know who the orb belonged to prior to being found by the new owner he was taking it to. He'd have to ask it.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Ventrue

He picked up the orb and shoved it in his pocket, replying: "Sure. Sounds like an adventure."

Ventrue looked up at the mountain and started climbing again. "What are you, by the way? Did he find you on this mountain in particular?" he asked, knowing what uncanny connection he happens to have with the place, the orb might have belonged to his ancestors. Now that Artanis had his noble rights taken away from him, this land would soon be settled by new villages and castles of the newly arrived noble families sent by the King, bwah! In Artanis' eyes, this all was still his property, and he was ready to defend it if he had to. Then again, he didn't know who the orb belonged to prior to being found by the new owner he was taking it to. He'd have to ask it.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Orb
With Ventrue

"Nope," The orb replied in a happy childish voice. "I'm actually an egg. An ice dragon. He has no idea though, he's dense. He came to me on another mountain. I don't remember the circumstances. You'd have to ask him."
What this egg was referring to was a big-time event in the news not too long ago about a group of hikers that were discovered dead in a cave, the victim of a large Ice dragon. This egg should bring that event into mind. Whether the dragon was killed or run off is unknown...........

"He's my father though, so I have to get back to him." It was apparent that this baby Ice dragon has already unconsciously imprinted on John even before birth. He could hear the longing in the orb's voice. "I can forgive him for abandoning me and not giving me a name yet."

The Egg glowed white after a minute of him climbing. "I can sense where he is now. We're in range. He went to a castle, probably to find stuff in."

Johnathan Edward Weiss
Abandoned Castle
02c5e9bdc7ae04d612e83df7bdb9bf49.jpg

images

"Ah, here's a scroll." He put the scroll in his pocket. So much ruins, but he couldn't seem to find the throne room or the treasury. This probably defensively made, as most castles would have the throne room in plain view the moment someone walked in via the front gate. There was probably magic hiding a lot in this castle. He just couldn't use anti-magic, nor did he have any scrolls. The scroll he has was fire. He was lost again, but didn't mind. This place was full of rich history. He just needed to find it. He was at the bottom of the stairs with 0 clue as to the layout of this castle. No blueprints, no nothing. Moss and grass was growing in the castle floors. The stairs were raggedy, but usable for the lightweight. The doors, however, were still pristine with the exception of dust and plants growing up the sides of it. There was some obvious magic keeping these things in top defensive condition

Item Found: Fire Scroll
A scroll with a 12 hour cooldown. Contains the spell Phoenix, An expert level spell that summons a powerful flaming phoenix to wreak havoc for about 30 seconds, heals the user, and grants fire immunity while active. Must have intermediate fire spell ability to cast. Currently useless to John

Arya Tinuviel
: Feral Mountains, at the top near a castle

Arya let out a small sigh, daring to close her eyes for a moment. The girl was sitting on a large rock, enjoying the cold air and the silence around her. Out here, it was so peaceful. There was no one to worry about, no one to hide from. "I should just become a hermit," the girl spoke her thoughts out loud, musing over the thought for a moment. There was an abandoned castle just over the crest of the mountain where she was sitting, she could just hole up there and never return to civilization. The idea was amusing, but unrealistic, as Arya was not the best at hunting, so food would be a problem for her. "Oh well," she shrugged, opening her eyes and standing.

Her armor made soft clinking noises as she began to move, heading towards the abandoned castle. She was there to work, after all, not to relax the whole day. Birds who were singing around the castle grew quiet as Arya made her way closer, the air growing still except for the soft clinking armor. A small puddle followed Arya along the ground, leaving a trail of wet dirt in its wake. After only a moment, the girl came into view of the castle. Adjusting her grip on her scythe in her left hand, the girl stretched in preparation for exploring the place, then began to approach, currently unaware that there was someone already inside, or that there was another approaching.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Birdsie Birdsie

Ventrue

Ventrue continued his rock-climb experience. "Pretty neat. Kind of impressive that you can speak as an egg. Most humans can't utter a single word for months after their birth, but you do it prior," he climbed over a ledge and, for a moment, stopped. Taking a breather. Then, he thought about what the egg just told him. What... the egg... just told him...

"Hold the rocks, mister," he took the egg out of his pocket and held it in is hand, visibly angered. "What kind of castle? Because the one on top of this mountain belongs to my ancestors. Whatever's in there is mine! Normally, I'd bring you to your father for free, but this time I will request payment as dishonorable as it is. I can't let someone take away the treasures of my predecessors when I've traveled so far to take it back with me!" he put the egg back in his pocket and hurried upward, finding a newfound stamina derived from his willpower to take back what he deems his own treasury. There was some jealousy in Artanis' voice, but who can blame him? The poor sod had a year to a few years of life left. It's obvious he wants to make the most of this time, and letting some random adventurer get off with what belongs... well, belonged to him not as long as a few days ago... it just kind of sucks.

Ventrue climbed over another ledge and his boots walked into the grassy and rocky plain in front of him. Not far through the plain, the castle could be seen beyond a small, although heavily damaged and breached outer wall. He sprinted forward, muttering words addressed to himself to keep himself determined under his breath that was unbalanced by the pressure in the mountain, as well as his latent lack of vigor caused by the bothersome climb. I guess nothing stops a nobleman from guarding his prized silverware.

He arrived at the castle plaza. After a brief search, he found no items of value and no sight-seeing expositions. He looked around to see if Dorn was keeping up, but his wolf companion nowhere in sight. Sighing, he took the dragon egg out of his pocket and looked at it.

"Which direction to your father?" he asked.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Dorn

The wolf, due to the lack of grasping limbs had to find another way up the mountain, a less steep one. But it did manage. The dog followed a foot trail hoping it belonged to his master, but there was something off. The footsteps seemed lighter than what his master would leave, and the feet were armored, plus smaller and more feminine. The wolf's excellent senses let it look forward and smell the target that left these steps. It ran forward and followed them only to stumble upon a girl with pale skin and red eyes.

Naturally, due to the aura that Arya had, Dorn reacted in any way that a scared animal would. He growled in irritation, but soon, his uncanny, nearly paranormal intelligence let him see that Arya was partly human. The magical aura of a superior predator was overcome by the sight of an innocent girl. The dog returned to a more peaceful stance, sticking its tongue out and barking, almost excitedly. The previous annoyance of its growl turned into a feeling of joy at finding another person in this desolate wasteland, but still, it had to find Ventrue who climbed the mountain with another way.

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Arya Tinuviel

Arya tensed as a wolf approached, ready to fend it off if it decided to attack, which, by it's growling, was very likely. This wasn't too unusual for her, and she planned to simply push the creature back with the pole end of her scythe, as she had done with aggressive animals before. Was was unusual, was the the wolf stopped, becoming peaceful and even barking at her. The girl hesitantly lowered her scythe, then cocked her head to the side in curiosity.

"You're a smart one, aren't you?" she mused, the corners of her lips lifting in a small semblance of a smile. The girl glanced between the wolf and the outer wall of the castle that she had been approaching. After a moment, her eyes settled back on the wolf. "Well, come along if you want, I suppose," she told the wolf before turning and continuing her approach towards the castle. She trusted the wolf more than humankind, anyway -- at least the wolf would be honest about its feelings.

Continuing on without concerning herself too much with the wolf, the girl approached the wall of the castle. Where she approached, the wall was mostly in tact, with some crumbling occurring around the top. The girl stared at a particularly low part of the crumbling wall. Backing up a little ways, Arya began to run towards the wall, then jumped at the last moment, arm outstretched to try to grab the top of the wall...and missed. Instead, she smacked into the wall, her armor clanking as it struck stone, and her fingertips still a few inches short of the top. Cursing as she bounced off the wall and onto her butt on the ground, the dragon hybrid glared at the wall, as if it was its fault for being too tall. Better not use my scythe to lift me up there, that will dull the blade... After another moment's thought, Arya noticed that where she had barrelled into the wall, some of the stones had come loose. An idea coming to her, she stood and brushed herself off, then lifted her leg and kicked it forward into the spot where she had hit, giving it a few good kicks before it started to come loose and stones began to crumble from the wall, leaving a decent sized hole in the wall.

"Ah, much better," the girl said out loud, brushing dust off of herself. Feeding her scythe carefully through the hole first, the girl then crawled through the opening, unceremoniously landing on the pile of rubble she had caused on the other side. From this side, the girl could see more of the outer wall that stretched in other directions, most of it broken and run down, and much easier to cross over than the method that the girl had chosen. ...I should have just walked around, the girl thought with some annoyance, water that lazily trickled up through the hole she had made briefly spiking up with her feelings as it began to pool into a puddle around the girl once more. Arya then picked up her scythe, brushed her hair out of her face, then looked back through the hole to see if the wolf had indeed decided to come with her or not.

Birdsie Birdsie (and Kylesar1 Kylesar1 , since I'm sure breaking down a wall like that would have been loud)

Dorn

Dorn decided to follow the girl until he found his master. He barked at Arya's question and proposal several times, following shortly behind her. The wolf sat itself down on the ground with its two front paws outstretching forward, whilst its back limbs remained sat down. He observed Arya's attempts at climbing the wall and barked once when she fell onto her butt. Soon after, he had to somehow find a way up himself. The wolf walked up to the wall, then put his front paws as high as he could on it, but ultimately incapable of traversing this obstacle. It scratched the stone a little then gave up and jumped back away from it. Dorn looked at Arya and barked a few times, then looked to the side and saw a number of holes. He chose them as his own pathway toward the castle's insides, hurriedly going in their direction and passing through.

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Achenroth Telesto

A bitter smell of smoke filled the air. Achenroth was strolling up a very steep staircase, humming a cheerful tune. However, his hair was on fire and all of his clothing, aside from his pants, were burned away. His skin was covered in burn marks and ash. "Do you believe in Wadjet, in a young boy's heart, if the fire can free him whenever it starts! And it's Waadjeet! The fire is burning! It makes you feel happy like an old-time epic! I'll tell you about the fire, and it'll free your soul but it's like tellin' a water mage about pyromancy!" He sang out loud, now happily hopping up the stairs. He kept singing, reaching the top of the stairs, suddenly stopping as he saw an ancient, abandoned castle. "Ooh! Adventure!" He exclaimed, as the fire burning his hair slowly faded away over time, leaving the unscathed hair behind. He tapped a button on his goggles, revealing four heat signatures. He got on top of a stone wall and waved, "Hello strangers!" He exclaimed, hopping up and down as he tried to get seen by the unknown wanderers.

Birdsie Birdsie Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Ventrue

Ventrue continued his rock-climb experience. "Pretty neat. Kind of impressive that you can speak as an egg. Most humans can't utter a single word for months after their birth, but you do it prior," he climbed over a ledge and, for a moment, stopped. Taking a breather. Then, he thought about what the egg just told him. What... the egg... just told him...

"Hold the rocks, mister," he took the egg out of his pocket and held it in is hand, visibly angered. "What kind of castle? Because the one on top of this mountain belongs to my ancestors. Whatever's in there is mine! Normally, I'd bring you to your father for free, but this time I will request payment as dishonorable as it is. I can't let someone take away the treasures of my predecessors when I've traveled so far to take it back with me!" he put the egg back in his pocket and hurried upward, finding a newfound stamina derived from his willpower to take back what he deems his own treasury. There was some jealousy in Artanis' voice, but who can blame him? The poor sod had a year to a few years of life left. It's obvious he wants to make the most of this time, and letting some random adventurer get off with what belongs... well, belonged to him not as long as a few days ago... it just kind of sucks.

Ventrue climbed over another ledge and his boots walked into the grassy and rocky plain in front of him. Not far through the plain, the castle could be seen beyond a small, although heavily damaged and breached outer wall. He sprinted forward, muttering words addressed to himself to keep himself determined under his breath that was unbalanced by the pressure in the mountain, as well as his latent lack of vigor caused by the bothersome climb. I guess nothing stops a nobleman from guarding his prized silverware.

He arrived at the castle plaza. After a brief search, he found no items of value and no sight-seeing expositions. He looked around to see if Dorn was keeping up, but his wolf companion nowhere in sight. Sighing, he took the dragon egg out of his pocket and looked at it.

"Which direction to your father?" he asked.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Egg
Ventrue

"Misses, mister. I'm a miss." The egg said, not that Ventrue would've known in the first place, as the voice was ambiguous. "If you planned on bringing back your ancestor's possessions, why didn't you bring a crew? There may be nothing, or way too much stuff for a single person to carry..........." The egg wasn't bothered by Ventrue's anger, mostly because it couldn't see anything, only sense. Sense when something was nearby, like a radar, not emotions unless it's been around the subject for quite a while.

"I told you, he went to a castle. I can't tell you exactly where to go, only if you're going in the general direction." The egg only knew a castle. No specific. There was no THE castle. Only a castle. "Just go to the castle."

Arya Tinuviel

Arya tensed as a wolf approached, ready to fend it off if it decided to attack, which, by it's growling, was very likely. This wasn't too unusual for her, and she planned to simply push the creature back with the pole end of her scythe, as she had done with aggressive animals before. Was was unusual, was the the wolf stopped, becoming peaceful and even barking at her. The girl hesitantly lowered her scythe, then cocked her head to the side in curiosity.

"You're a smart one, aren't you?" she mused, the corners of her lips lifting in a small semblance of a smile. The girl glanced between the wolf and the outer wall of the castle that she had been approaching. After a moment, her eyes settled back on the wolf. "Well, come along if you want, I suppose," she told the wolf before turning and continuing her approach towards the castle. She trusted the wolf more than humankind, anyway -- at least the wolf would be honest about its feelings.

Continuing on without concerning herself too much with the wolf, the girl approached the wall of the castle. Where she approached, the wall was mostly in tact, with some crumbling occurring around the top. The girl stared at a particularly low part of the crumbling wall. Backing up a little ways, Arya began to run towards the wall, then jumped at the last moment, arm outstretched to try to grab the top of the wall...and missed. Instead, she smacked into the wall, her armor clanking as it struck stone, and her fingertips still a few inches short of the top. Cursing as she bounced off the wall and onto her butt on the ground, the dragon hybrid glared at the wall, as if it was its fault for being too tall. Better not use my scythe to lift me up there, that will dull the blade... After another moment's thought, Arya noticed that where she had barrelled into the wall, some of the stones had come loose. An idea coming to her, she stood and brushed herself off, then lifted her leg and kicked it forward into the spot where she had hit, giving it a few good kicks before it started to come loose and stones began to crumble from the wall, leaving a decent sized hole in the wall.

"Ah, much better," the girl said out loud, brushing dust off of herself. Feeding her scythe carefully through the hole first, the girl then crawled through the opening, unceremoniously landing on the pile of rubble she had caused on the other side. From this side, the girl could see more of the outer wall that stretched in other directions, most of it broken and run down, and much easier to cross over than the method that the girl had chosen. ...I should have just walked around, the girl thought with some annoyance, water that lazily trickled up through the hole she had made briefly spiking up with her feelings as it began to pool into a puddle around the girl once more. Arya then picked up her scythe, brushed her hair out of her face, then looked back through the hole to see if the wolf had indeed decided to come with her or not.

Birdsie Birdsie (and Kylesar1 Kylesar1 , since I'm sure breaking down a wall like that would have been loud)

Johnathan Edward Weiss
Abandoned Castle

He snapped back to reality and drew his sword as he heard a loud knock and a wall crumble. He had gone up the stairs and watched the wall crumble. He snapped his fingers and flames jumped in his hand and he pointed his fingers like a gun. He had been working on this spell for quite a while and hoped that it would work. "Precision Flame," he muttered lowly

Spell added: Precision Strike
Doubles the mana in his basic spells. Concentrates it at his fingertips. This allows him to fire a more powerful spell in a smaller area to hit weak points and precision areas.

He stayed in wait for the person to come so he could fire
Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Ventrue

"You're an egg. Eggs don't have gender. Argue your gender with me after you hatch." Or a helicopter. Ventrue held the egg steadily in his hand and walked forward to the nearest set of doors. Everything was covered in moss and plant life.

"I don't bite more than I can chew," he replied to the egg's question. If you can't carry loot by yourself, that means you shouldn't take it. Maybe you might come back for it. It does not matter. Same goes for cursed items. One should just burn them - for what does a man truly gain if he forfeits his immortal soul as the price? There was some quiet, yet horrific peace in the thought of an afterlife, so Artanis was one to give the proper worship to Gods and not to piss them off.

"Great," Ventrue replied sarcastically, as he ventured deeper into the castle and looked around for things that might be worthwhile. He hid the egg back in his pocket and started exploring, looking for either the egg's owner or for treasures. He found a single chest with a number of gold coins that he put into a small pouch and tied to his belt, as well as some silverware that might sell for a good price.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Ventrue

"You're an egg. Eggs don't have gender. Argue your gender with me after you hatch." Or a helicopter. Ventrue held the egg steadily in his hand and walked forward to the nearest set of doors. Everything was covered in moss and plant life.

"I don't bite more than I can chew," he replied to the egg's question. If you can't carry loot by yourself, that means you shouldn't take it. Maybe you might come back for it. It does not matter. Same goes for cursed items. One should just burn them - for what does a man truly gain if he forfeits his immortal soul as the price? There was some quiet, yet horrific peace in the thought of an afterlife, so Artanis was one to give the proper worship to Gods and not to piss them off.

"Great," Ventrue replied sarcastically, as he ventured deeper into the castle and looked around for things that might be worthwhile. He hid the egg back in his pocket and started exploring, looking for either the egg's owner or for treasures. He found a single chest with a number of gold coins that he put into a small pouch and tied to his belt, as well as some silverware that might sell for a good price.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Egg and Johnathan Edward Weiss
Abandoned Castle

If the egg had eyes, it'd have rolled them. "I'm not an egg. I don't morph into a dragon. I'm a being inside an egg. This being is a female."

"Anyways, you can't expect to claim ownership over all the stuff your ancestors had if you can't even carry it back to your abode. My master will most definitely claim some of the stuff here if he can find it. If you try to take it, there will definitely be a fight, so I hope you can negotiate for it." The egg cared not for their affairs, so long as it ended back with John. That was all it cared about right now.

They moved into the castle.
"FATHER!!" the Egg yelled as soon as they walked in. About a minute of silence, then they heard rustling as John came into view of Ventrue.
"Yea, yea. I'm here.........and I'm not your dad." he said to the egg as he looked at the newcomer. "Oi, I'd like to thank you for returning my orb. It got lost as that storm hit last night. I'm Johnathan Edward Weiss"

Ventrue

The man sighed. Egg, being inside an egg. What's the difference? If you were inside an egg, you were a part of the egg. An egg. "Whatever, girl," he rolled his eyes taking some jewelry and stuffing his pockets with it. "Negotiate? Hmmm. Sure. I already have a bargaining chip -- Either your father gives me what belongs to me, or someone's eating an omelet tonight," he took the egg out and stared at it with a mean look. "I am willing to help. You're the ones intruding on my property. A nobleman should protect his belongings," he stated again.

After a bit of walk, they encountered Johnathan. "Hold it, my friend. I want to give this to you, but first I want to see what you've gotten from these grounds. This castle belongs to my family," he stated. It was a half-truth. Although this ground belonged to the Aurelian bloodline for numerous generations, the King officially declared it was being given to new nobles just a few days ago. Ventrue was merely clinging to old pride. "As far as the law of this land cares, you're a thief. A thief stealing what belongs to me," he used his free hand and took his white mask off. The features of his face were revealed. A fair skin tone and long, blonde hair, as well as green eyes. No doubting it. These were the features of a nobleman. "All I ask is for my rightful property to be returned to me, then, as the master of this domain, I will grant you this dragon egg and whatever spoils I don't care to take."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Arya Tinuviel

Arya watched as the wolf found its own way through the wall, and let out a quiet laugh. "See, you're already smarter than me," she told the wolf as it had the wherewithal to look around and pick the path of least resistance, unlike herself. She climbed down off of the rubble that she had created from the outer wall, emerging more fully into the area. The girl paused then, her natural expression fading away into a completely neutral one as she heard yelling in the distance. "Oh great, people..." she muttered under her breath, eyes quickly scanning the area to see if she could spot where the noise was coming from, while the puddle at her feet began to bubble up, almost as if boiling. There, in the distance, a man was jumping up and down on one of the stone walls surrounding the castle. The girl looked at the figure in the distance for a moment, then decided to simply ignore it. Maybe they haven't seen me yet...or if they have, maybe if I just get inside the castle, that person will ignore me... she decided, moving away from the wall that she had broken through and moving over to the actual castle wall now. This time, she was going to be smart about it; instead of trying to climb or break through, she simply walked around it until she came across one of the various openings in the castle wall and slipped through.

Once inside, Arya looked around the room. It seemed that she had entered into what was once a kitchen area, as a few pots and pans could be seen sticking out from some rubble. There probably wasn't much of anything of value in this room, so she moved on, moving towards the door that would probably lead to a dining room, if she had to guess. "You wouldn't happen to be able to sniff out anything expensive that'll sell well, would you?" the girl muttered quietly to her temporary companion, the wolf that she had encountered. Her face was still perfectly neutral, but at least in here, away from the figure she had seen outside, she was a bit more relaxed. Water simply bubbled lazily at her feet now, instead of looking like heavily boiling water.

Birdsie Birdsie Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Dorn

The wolf followed his temporary friend trying his best to keep up the pace. Ventrue surely wasn't in a hurry to leave, so the creature was calm about the possibility of him leaving. He looked at the girl when she asked her the question. He seems to have understood it and barked at her once then looked forward and moved slowly. Putting his nose close to the ground, Dorn started tracking a scent... a scent that was all too familiar. He briefly put his head up and turned his body around to the left, then moved his body mass; especially head forward whilst barking as a way of saying he found something in that direction. Dorn followed the scent rather quickly, almost running, and hoping the girl would follow.

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Arya Tinuviel
Abandoned Castle

Arya watched as the wolf actually begin to sniff around at her question. This was definitely an interesting animal, and it sparked her curiosity. It didn't take long for the wolf to apparently find a scent that excited it, so Arya went along with it, following the wolf as it hurried along. The girl practically had to run to keep up, her armor clinking as she followed along. I wonder if its actually leading me to something good, the girl thought briefly as she continued to do her best to keep pace with the animal.

Birdsie Birdsie

Dorn

The smell was so thick in the air, that now, even Arya could feel it. An unearthly odor. The wolf led her toward an iron statue standing in the middle of a corridor. It had an uncanny aura of malignant evil to it. It gave you the same kind of feeling of being watched and terrified that you get from sitting alone and reading a horror book at night. The curse on the blighted golem was so deep that the air was feeling heavy around her skin. That smell must have been what threw Dorn off. The same resonance as his master's curse - the wolf thought he was moving to see his owner, but he was ultimately being led toward an apostle of death.

The iron golem moved very slowly, animated by some dark, otherworldly force. It had red, glowing eyes and its body was one of white metal. It held no weapons, but its hands seemed as hard as, if not harder than blunt maces. The infernal construct slowly stepped forward, closer and closer to Arya. Dorn growled and very gently, painlessly bit Arya's left leg and tried to drag her away. Dorn was basically trying to warn her that fighting this thing might not have been the best idea and they should hotfoot it out of there instead.

The thick curse in the air was strengthened as the golem laid its eyes on Arya. The slow zombie-like steps it made sped up considerably, to the point where it was at walking speed.

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Arya Tinuviel
Abandoned Castle

Arya slowed considerably when she started to feel the unearthly aura around her, but continued to follow the wolf regardless. Once they came upon the iron golem, however, she skidded to a stop, the puddle following her bubbling up in anxiousness. Definitely not something good. Arya's red eyes scanned over the construct in front of her as it moved slowly, like a zombie, towards her, taking in the situation. Ok, let's see. Smallish corridor, I'm at a disadvantage since I can't swing my scythe freely. I only have this puddle here, but I can make a little more water to fight with...It's metal though, even with my water bullets, that will still be hard to break through. At least it moves slowly, though, if that's the fastest it goes, then I could probably...

Arya felt a bit of pressure on the back of her left leg as her chain mail pressed in on her skin, and glanced back to see that the wolf was biting her leg and attempting to pull her. Looking back up, then, at the golem, she noticed something new. The uneasy aura in the air had intensified further as the construct's red, glowing eyes settled on the girl, and it was now walking towards her not at a zombie-shambling speed, but at a regular walking pace. "Ah, shit."

Lifting her right hand then pushing it forward, Arya commanded some of the water at her feet to fly as droplets into the air, then hurdle towards the construct at fast enough speeds that would at least dent regular metal, though she doubted that that creature was just regular metal. Either way, she wasn't about to stay to find out her attack's effectiveness, as no sooner had she sent the droplets forward than she swiveled in place and began running down the corridor, away from the construct, as fast as she could.

Birdsie Birdsie

Dorn

The wolf followed Arya in her tracks, keeping up.

Meanwhile, the iron golem was hit by the attacks of water. His outer layer was slightly damaged, and visibly. The direct central points dent slightly, like a hole after an arrow, but without the hole. The angered construct only increased in haste, almost jogging after Arya and Dorn, but incapable of catching up.

The wolf barked once, trying to get Arya's attention. He turned around the corner and walked through a set of wooden doors at the end of the hallway, making his way to the armory. There was a wide variety of weapons, enchanted and otherwise in there, although a small amount of them rusted. The lighting in the room was poor, as there were no torches and no windows to let light in either. This part of the castle must have been fortified better.

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Arya Tinuviel
Abandoned Castle - Armory

Arya made a quick turn around the corner at her wolf companion's bark, following it through the wooden doors. The girl closed the doors behind her, leaning against them briefly and taking a moment to catch her breath before looking around, hoping that the armored construct would have lost her, or at the very least be slowed by the doors. Water seeped in from under the doors to regroup at her feet once more. After just a moment, the girl looked around. It was dark, but the softly glowing inserts in her scythe helped illuminate a tiny bit of the room, and as her eyes adjusted to the darkness, Arya could make out weapon racks and weapons lining the walls. At least if the construct followed her here, she'd have more options to fight with, although she wasn't too skilled with very many weapons other than her scythe. There was also more room here than in the hallway, making her own scythe more viable. However, the darkness of the room did put her at another disadvantage, and she hoped that there was another door leading out of there other than the one she had just come through, otherwise she was cornered. Eh, maybe it'll be an out of sight, out of mind type thing. In any case, I could probably sell some of these for a nice price...

Using her scythe to cast light on the weapons around her by bringing the blade with the glowing inserts closer to things, Arya picked her way through the room with some haste, not wanting to spend too long and be caught unprepared by the construct, or by anything else. Using this method, she quickly settled on a grabbing a crossbow with some bolts, and two expensive-looking daggers.

New Item: Crossbow of Minor Impact (Bolts x5)
A wooden crossbow with a carved design that looks like some kind of rune, and a leather strap attached for easy storage. When bolts are fired from it, the impact causes crushing damage as well as the usual piercing damage of the bolt, and also has a chance to knock down the target.

New Item(s): Expensive Dagger (x2)

Intricate daggers inlaid with gold, and with gems adorning the hilt. They look ceremonial more than anything, and don't have any sort of power to them, but they look like they'd fetch a nice price.

With these weapons chosen, Arya reached into the pouch at her side and pulled out the bandage wraps within. Quickly, the girl used the wraps to make a makeshift strap to attach her scythe to her back so as not to lose it, then also strapped the daggers to her legs, one for each leg. Putting away the excess bandages back into her pouch, the girl then faced towards the wooden door, crossbow aimed at it just in case anything came through, while she backed up into the room further. "You wouldn't happen to know of another way out of this room, would you?" The girl asked towards where she thought the wolf might be -- she couldn't really tell very well, since the room was so dark.

Birdsie Birdsie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back