• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventures of Prospero

Arya Tinuviel
Magus Tower - Hallway

Arya stopped walking at the sound of her name, looking back to see who was calling her. It was John, and he was asking her about the damned puddle that always followed her around. It looked like Sapphira wasn't with him, though. In any case, the hybrid shook her head 'no'. "I didn't summon the water, so I can't put it away. It just likes to follow me around," she replied, briefly wondering how much she should tell him about her skills. She looked down at the water and briefly made a small motion with her finger, lifting a small blob of it into the air. "It can be useful to have water at the ready when I need to use it, but it does tend to get in the way sometimes," she mentioned, the blob forming into a tiny, clear version of the librarian waving her finger and making shooing motions before becoming blob-like again and falling back down to the rest of the puddle. Mentally, she added, Not to mention it likes to show my emotions to the world. It's a good thing most people can't 'speak' water. Indeed, the water was always doing something around Arya, it was rarely ever still. Even now, it was slowly bubbling. In any case, the way she spoke about the water seemed to suggest that it had a bit of a mind of its own.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Sevix Azrel

Dungeons
He saw Arya and averted his gaze. What a terrible situation he was in. Once he was dragged down and shoved in the cell he sighed and leaned against the wall. This man was definitely something else. He relaxed himself and said, "Well, I was snooping, there's no denying that. The only reason I was doing so is because of you. Sevix Azrel of the Strevos Order of knights. Prospero's Demon Knight. No doubt you heard of my ugly mug before. The dragon and the demon child are under my authority within the Strevos Order, so I would like to ask this: To what end do you wish to capture the demon child? He didn't choose his lineage and you just gave him a reason to hate your church. Until the inquisition came around he was faithfully serving Tizica as one of it's guards. I have demon lineage. I have the powers of a demon hiding inside me, yet I never harmed any innocents. So tell me, what will you do? I am very curious for the answer and I am ready to spend time in a cell. Maybe it'll be a nice change for now. Though this whole disaster never had to happen."

He was already caught, no point in denying it. It wasn't as if the witch hunters would be able to grasp his true motives. It would be best for now to dodge around the fact. What a pain really. He couldn't say he wanted to help them, or else he could be given reason to be branded a criminal by the inquisition. However unlikely it would be that they would execute or arrest him without retaliation. Either way, both of them were in a predicament if they took action.

Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Kila Izuna

Forbidden Archives
She was taken aback by the sudden embrace with a quick flush coming to her cheeks, but it was short-lived. She grinned as Dante explained his reason and said with a grin, "Oh? Are you sure you just didn't want an excuse to hug me? You need but ask any time." She giggled and then said to Dante, "Not to worry. I'm no stranger to sneaking."

Suddenly magic tentacles began to move around the room as Dante cast a spell to search for a secret passageway. It lasted for a while until they pulled a torch which revealed a door to the Forbidden Archives. She gave a whistle as they walked in and said, "I must say. Prospero sure has some incredible engineers. Secret passageways and gears are rather primitive where I come from. Best case scenario is a trap door into a cave."

They began studying the books. It was a rather dark and untouched area gathering plenty of webs and there was a pungent smell in the air probably only to Kila. It was old. Not only that, but it was relatively untouched. Dust was covering just about every inch of the damn place. To top it off, there was a rather foreboding feeling to the place. The books almost seemed like thy could emit a presence. Tsukumogami seemed to be forming in some of the things in the old objects. They were slowly gaining a soul. To top it off, the air felt depressing. It was almost as if the place felt neglected, shunned, and even forgotten.

"This place is creepy. I feel like I'm sharing air with something truly malevolent or depressing. Some of the objects have been here so long that spirits are possessing them."

She took a book out of the shelf and skimmed through it a bit. It contained information on-

She looked at Dante for a moment and flushed red as she thought about the contents of the book. She put it back slowly and walked away from it with a red face. The material of that book was right to be forbidden. Why would anyone do something like that? If that kind of knowledge became common, who knows what would happen to the world of magic and how it's viewed.

Birdsie Birdsie

Dante Voerman
Magus Tower - Forbidden Archives > Dante's Chambers

"Alright, I have what I need," he said. In his hands were two books: 'Encyclopaedia Daemonica,' and 'True Names,' he hid them under his shirt and stood up. Having to recast the spell again, he laid his hand on Kila and cast one spell to cover them both with invisibility, doing it to the two of them at once as to lower the costs of magical energy. "Let's go back," he said, walking out the door and past the guardian of the archives, then back down to the library, where he waited for Kila before closing the secret passage. "For a bunch of forbidden archives, they were poorly hidden," he said, hiding behind a bookshelf and turning off the masking spell. 'Especially for a place like this...' he finished in thought. "I'll go study the contents of them in my room. Tag along if you want," he told Kila before going away to his place.

Dante walked in through the door and placed the two books at the desk, then started looking through them.

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf
Archdemon Archdemon Rin Nyx Rin Nyx (Hoping the Inquisitor will catch him doing this so we can have a "It's not what it looks like," moment.)

Arya Tinuviel
Magus Tower - Hallway

Arya stopped walking at the sound of her name, looking back to see who was calling her. It was John, and he was asking her about the damned puddle that always followed her around. It looked like Sapphira wasn't with him, though. In any case, the hybrid shook her head 'no'. "I didn't summon the water, so I can't put it away. It just likes to follow me around," she replied, briefly wondering how much she should tell him about her skills. She looked down at the water and briefly made a small motion with her finger, lifting a small blob of it into the air. "It can be useful to have water at the ready when I need to use it, but it does tend to get in the way sometimes," she mentioned, the blob forming into a tiny, clear version of the librarian waving her finger and making shooing motions before becoming blob-like again and falling back down to the rest of the puddle. Mentally, she added, Not to mention it likes to show my emotions to the world. It's a good thing most people can't 'speak' water. Indeed, the water was always doing something around Arya, it was rarely ever still. Even now, it was slowly bubbling. In any case, the way she spoke about the water seemed to suggest that it had a bit of a mind of its own.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Johnathan Edward Weiss
Magus Tower Hallway

"Have you ever thought about storing it so you can avoid situations like this? I remember once meeting a ninja who used Sand as his magic art. He stored it all in a big-ass gourd carrier. Carry that shit around and use magic to keep it light. Seems simple enough to me." John shrugged. His heart was in the right place, but he was still fairly ignorant in matters of differing magic mechanics. Or maybe she just didn't want to carry it around

"Anyways, is the inquisition still looking to arrest you? I'd rather not bloody my blade today." He sounded like he was on guard, with his hand on his sword. How he sounded came off insanely protective and, in a way he was. Probably not to the degree that he sounded, but he wouldn't fall like that, nor let any of them fall. He liked the group that had come together for fairly little besides being fugitives, and as far as he was concerned, their well-being was his business unless they decided to depart.........and maybe even then. Besides, Sapphira loved Arya, so if he didn't protect Arya for her own sake, then it was for Sapphira's sake. "This has been a very peaceful tower up to now."

Arya Tinuviel
Magus Tower - Hallway

"Storing it...?" Arya repeated, thinking over the suggestion. She hadn't actually thought about that before, and she wasn't sure if that would work or not. She couldn't do the lightweight enchantment on the container herself, of course, but she was in a tower with a lot of mages who could do it for her... Would it be effective, though? Normally, out in the open, water was attracted to her, seeping up through the ground when there was some available, or gathering together from whatever moisture there was in the air, and of course coming from any open sources of water like creeks or ponds, so on and so forth. As she moved, the water moved along the ground, which generally soaked up some of the water as she went, making it so that she was almost constantly losing some of the water as much as she was gaining it. If the water was gathered into a container -- as much water as would normally follow her around -- then would more water take its place and continue to gather around her, or would the container of water be enough and keep the rest of it at bay? She supposed that somewhere like this, in the magus tower where there wasn't a ton of water just sitting out in the open, it would at least hold it off for a bit until what water was available eventually found her, but nothing was certain.

Arya was snapped out of her thoughts by John's next comment, the water at her feet twisting with surprise as she held back a blush. The man had sounded very protective just then...She looked him over a bit, then glanced away. She had been so paranoid about what the others thought of her, thinking that they wanted her dead, but...John looked and sounded like he was ready to protect her. That was strange, and it made her heart pound faster in her chest for a moment. "I'm not certain if they are or not. I know that Armis is supposed to have jurisdiction over magical creatures, that should protect both Sapphira and me, but..." she trailed off, debating whether or not she should mention what she had seen just before. The inquisition had arrested Sevix, she had seen them take him, but she wasn't too happy with Sevix at the moment, and telling John about the arrest might make him do something rash that would put him in danger, too. Instead, she decided to tell him instead, "Even if they were here for me, you shouldn't bloody your blade over it. That would put you in danger, and then who would protect Sapphira?" she chastised instead, even though she kind of liked feeling like someone was protective of her. She let out a sigh, then, and let her concern come through her expression as she stated, "Listen, the inquisition is still here for a reason. Dragons might fall under the Arch Mage's authority, but I don't think demons do...or the people the inquisition deems a demon's supporters. Please be careful..."
Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Lord Inquisitor - Darius Wilhelm Ambrose
Magus Tower - Dungeons >>> Dante's Chambers

Darius looked...unhappy. The man that he had in this cell was of the Strevos Order, and was their 'Demon Knight' no less. He had heard of the man before, though he did not look upon him with any sort of respect. A demon was a demon, it was a dangerous creature. Just because this man hadn't harmed any innocents yet, did not mean that he was not going to. However, Darius could not just execute him now due to his high position, the man would have to say something incriminating for that to happen...but, he did still hold some power.

"The Magus Tower and the Inquisition have greater authority over dragons and demons, respectively, than your order does, Demon Knight. The inquisition has been called in to take care of a dangerous suspect after said suspect took part in the murder of hundreds in the city of Tizca," he spoke with harsh words. His order was not the one who had original captured and accused Dante, or otherwise 'started' this whole mess. But it would be the one to finish it. "The authority over said subject is with me and my men, and any information that your order has on the half-demon will be handed over to us. Unless you want to be held in contempt of the law, of course. I already have authority to hold you on grounds of spying until your superiors arrive, do not give me reason to put you on trial...or rather, do give me a reason, and watch as your order can do nothing for you," he threatened, focusing his hard stare at the man.

Before anything else could be said, two inquisition soldiers entered the dungeons and walked over to Darius, addressing him with a quick and polite, "Lord Inquisitor," before leaning forward and whispering something to him.

"Well, it looks like the half-demon that you are so fond of has been poking around where he should not have," he stated as he stood, a satisfied smirk on his face as he suggested that the demon's child was not as innocent as Sevix believed. He addressed the magi knights and the two other inquisition soldiers now. "I will return. Make sure that he does not cause any trouble...oh, and get him some water or something. We can't have the Strevos Order claiming cruel and unusual punishment of one of their knights, now can we?" With that, the man turned and walked out, the two soldiers who had come to get him following. He grabbed four more magi knights on his way out, as well, since apparently they would have to be the ones to do the arresting in the tower. What a pain that was... In any case, his soldiers had been tipped off by a student, some snobbish kid with blonde hair (Draco) who claimed that Dante had sneaked into the forbidden archives. Apparently, the student had overheard Dante claim something along the lines of, "For a bunch of forbidden archives, they were poorly hidden," and the student also informed them that the man had headed back to his room afterward, and that he had an accomplice -- a woman with fox ears and tail. The inquisitor had what he wanted, an accomplice to the man who had caused so much trouble in Tizca, and enough evidence to pull said accomplice in for questioning. Now was the time to make a move, to arrest the demon child and the fox girl.

The student led the inquisition soldiers to where Dante's room was, and with that, the inquisitor ordered the doors unlocked and opened. Having no choice facing against such evidence, the magi knights complied, and the inquisition soldiers barged in, catching Dante in the act of reading. "Well well, what have we here?" Darius stated as he walked over to the man's desk, picking up one of the books. "Encyclopaedia Daemonica, eh? That is quite some...interesting...reading that you are doing," the inquisitor spoke, flipping through a few pages before slamming the book shut. Still, he continued to hold onto the book. Just having this in the tower's archives could hurt the Arch Mage's reputation here...it probably would not get him kicked off of the council or remove him from power outright, but it would be a key step that lead to such a fate. Darius was not going to let that go. "Arrest him," he ordered, motioning towards Dante, and two of the magi knights approached -- looking somewhat dissatisfied -- to arrest the man, anti-magic handcuffs in hand. The inquisitor remained on edge, just in case the man resisted and he had to step in. He also looked around the room, checking to see if the fox girl was here as well. If she were, the magi knights would move to arrest her, too.
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Birdsie Birdsie (I kind of want the inquisition to march Dante (and possibly Kila) right past John and Arya, really causing some drama and all)

Dante Voerman
Magus Tower - Dante's Chambers

Dante cringed when he saw Darius suddenly at his side. He jumped off the chair and took a few steps back with the face of a threatened animal. Acting on instinct, when he heard he would be arrested, Dante gestured and erected a shimmering golden shield splitting the room into two before the magi knights could approach. "On what grounds? And what if I refuse?" he said to Darius, knowing that by using magic here, right now, and in such a way, he was digging his hole even deeper. Dante didn't care. His plan A was to discuss the matter and maybe trick the Inquisitor into letting him go with no harm done. The plan B was to take off the amulet given to him by Armis to see if his father would offer help, and finally plan C was to jump out the window and cushion the fall with a spell while he still had mana, although the forces outside would pose another problem.

Besides, the shield wouldn't last that long.

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Lyall Whitaker | Mess Hall

Lyall put on a friendly, welcoming smile as Veril approached him. He was glad that someone was going to stick around and chat. "Please, just call me Lyall. Mister Lyall is me in 30 years. It's a pleasure to meet you too" he greeted the young apprentice. Lyall remembered him from the whole thing that happened yesterday and that he helped Dante with some magic. The question that Veril asked was one that Lyall got a lot. How did Lyall and Kubai meet? "Ah no worries. I get that question quite a bit. It all started back at my father's academy, the Whitaker Battle Academy, or better known as just the Whitaker Academy. It is one of the most prestigious combat training schools there is. It tends to draw students from all walks of life. Kubai arrived when I was still young and let me tell you, he took the place by storm. He shot to the top of the ranks as one of the most skilled students in the history of the academy. He and my father were close friends as he quickly became his go to person for important tasks. I seemed to have ruined his schedule though when I decided to go into the adventuring trade. My father appointed Kubai to protect me. He was not happy at all, but I think his getting used to it" Lyall answered.

Archdemon Archdemon

Kubai | Armis' Office

Stuff seemed to escalate as Darius had captured the spy. This was only bringing more questions as to why these people were here. Some more people had entered the room to view the hectic situation that was going on in the office. It wasn't much surprise when Darius had arrested this man and started off towards the dungeon with him. Kubai was just confused at this point. What the hell was the Inquisition doing here? He turned to Armis as he ordered everyone else out and asked him to continue. "Thank you. What is the Inquisition doing here?" he asked with a serious tone, but still keeping the volume down. He was concerned by what was going on. Once the group arrived at the tower the Inquisition showed up the next day, so it seemed like quite the coincidence that Kubai sure was not taking.

Archdemon Archdemon

I have returned from the grave!

Arya Tinuviel
Magus Tower - Hallway

"Storing it...?" Arya repeated, thinking over the suggestion. She hadn't actually thought about that before, and she wasn't sure if that would work or not. She couldn't do the lightweight enchantment on the container herself, of course, but she was in a tower with a lot of mages who could do it for her... Would it be effective, though? Normally, out in the open, water was attracted to her, seeping up through the ground when there was some available, or gathering together from whatever moisture there was in the air, and of course coming from any open sources of water like creeks or ponds, so on and so forth. As she moved, the water moved along the ground, which generally soaked up some of the water as she went, making it so that she was almost constantly losing some of the water as much as she was gaining it. If the water was gathered into a container -- as much water as would normally follow her around -- then would more water take its place and continue to gather around her, or would the container of water be enough and keep the rest of it at bay? She supposed that somewhere like this, in the magus tower where there wasn't a ton of water just sitting out in the open, it would at least hold it off for a bit until what water was available eventually found her, but nothing was certain.

Arya was snapped out of her thoughts by John's next comment, the water at her feet twisting with surprise as she held back a blush. The man had sounded very protective just then...She looked him over a bit, then glanced away. She had been so paranoid about what the others thought of her, thinking that they wanted her dead, but...John looked and sounded like he was ready to protect her. That was strange, and it made her heart pound faster in her chest for a moment. "I'm not certain if they are or not. I know that Armis is supposed to have jurisdiction over magical creatures, that should protect both Sapphira and me, but..." she trailed off, debating whether or not she should mention what she had seen just before. The inquisition had arrested Sevix, she had seen them take him, but she wasn't too happy with Sevix at the moment, and telling John about the arrest might make him do something rash that would put him in danger, too. Instead, she decided to tell him instead, "Even if they were here for me, you shouldn't bloody your blade over it. That would put you in danger, and then who would protect Sapphira?" she chastised instead, even though she kind of liked feeling like someone was protective of her. She let out a sigh, then, and let her concern come through her expression as she stated, "Listen, the inquisition is still here for a reason. Dragons might fall under the Arch Mage's authority, but I don't think demons do...or the people the inquisition deems a demon's supporters. Please be careful..."
Johnathan Edward Weiss
Magus Tower Hallway

"I'm not letting them cart you off," John said, folding his arms. "The same goes for Dante. I'm prepared to bloody my blade, and Sapphira is too. She's a child, but one who knows what she wants and who she wants to help." Even if John didn't want to bloody his blade, Sapphira wouldn't allow him to leave them behind. She'd never forgive him for it. "It's not that I don't believe you can hold your own. I know you can. It's that we don't need a repeat of last time."

When she mentioned being safe from the Inquisition, John sighed. "If the Inquisition has jurisdiction over demon supporters and that creature is the spawn of or the supporter of a demon, it's also Inquisition territory. It's jurisdiction overlap. Legally speaking, we're both in danger since we helped Dante escape. At best, Mr. Inquisition will back off. At worst, he'll kill you and fight it out with Armis at court afterwards. Regardless, you're not getting caught or killed under my watch, unless I go down first." John was absolutely resolute in this statement. Nothing Arya could say would change that. He was ready to slay anyone and anything that threatened her or Sapphira

"Just............be careful and watch your back. I don't have to explain to you the dangers of being around people, let alone ones that can legally kill you."

image.jpeg
Armis Trilis

Armis sighed at Kubai's question, he knew Kubai had nothing to do with Dante or his friends but he couldn't tell him or anyone. He couldn't risk all his plans by telling someone he did trust. He looked at Kubai and was set on not telling him their true purpose.

"Thing is... I can't tell you because if I do so I may lose my job and the Inquisition would have free reign over the tower. I can't risk that, which is why I can't tell you old friend. Just know that it'll be over soon enough. Hopefully that isn't what you wanted to talk about. Is there something wrong with the sword I gave you? I hope nothing terrible has come of it."

Armis wanted to figure our what was on the Wolf mans mind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.jpeg

Veril White

Veril nodded while listening to Lyall, he had heard of the academy before but he has never been there. If both Lyall and Kubai are apart of it then they just be good. Though suddenly his eyes went towards the door and he turned to Lyall.

"I would love to talk more but I gotta go to my classes. Maybe after they're done we could chat more. I really gotta go though. See you later."

Soon the young Mage went into the hallway to his next class. Hoping that his time isn't taken up by an Inquistion goons.
Birdsie Birdsie Raku Raku Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Alteras Alteras MouseDuke MouseDuke Kylesar1 Kylesar1 ((Sorry if this seems like a short post, I didn't know how to make it longer specifically.))

Kila Izuna

Dante's Room
It was all so sudden. The magi knights came in and ordered them under arrest. She was shocked and that's when things took a turn for the worse. Dante put up a magical barrier between them. It bought them time, but what was he thinking? He's made enough enemies. Wasn't this an arrest for breaking into the archives? If so, it should be over quick, right? However, she was suspicious about the man who ordered the arrest. Something about him seemed...off. It was like he was false. A strange aura seeped from him that made Kila's hair stand on end. It scared her. Her tail puffed up and she found her fangs instinctively poking out. What a joke. She was SO damn close! She felt negative emotions boiling up inside of her. This would change something.

"Dante...think about your consequences for a moment. We're in friendly territory, aren't we? I doubt we'll be punished severely."

Birdsie Birdsie Rin Nyx Rin Nyx

Sevix Azrel

Magus Tower Dungeons
He bit his lip. How useless was he now? Bullshit. It was all bullshit. The witch hunters and their arrogance, believing themselves righteous in slaying anyone who didn't match up with their beliefs. All they were are liars and manipulators. Once the inquisitor left he laughed. He laughed his stress away and continued to do so. Was this his fate? Gods he was pathetic sometimes. There was no easy way out of the cell, so he crossed his legs and began to meditate. Might as well use this time now. He had a feeling he may not be alone for long.

Dante Voerman
Magus Tower - Dante's Chambers

Dante cringed when he saw Darius suddenly at his side. He jumped off the chair and took a few steps back with the face of a threatened animal. Acting on instinct, when he heard he would be arrested, Dante gestured and erected a shimmering golden shield splitting the room into two before the magi knights could approach. "On what grounds? And what if I refuse?" he said to Darius, knowing that by using magic here, right now, and in such a way, he was digging his hole even deeper. Dante didn't care. His plan A was to discuss the matter and maybe trick the Inquisitor into letting him go with no harm done. The plan B was to take off the amulet given to him by Armis to see if his father would offer help, and finally plan C was to jump out the window and cushion the fall with a spell while he still had mana, although the forces outside would pose another problem.

Besides, the shield wouldn't last that long.

Kila Izuna

Dante's Room
It was all so sudden. The magi knights came in and ordered them under arrest. She was shocked and that's when things took a turn for the worse. Dante put up a magical barrier between them. It bought them time, but what was he thinking? He's made enough enemies. Wasn't this an arrest for breaking into the archives? If so, it should be over quick, right? However, she was suspicious about the man who ordered the arrest. Something about him seemed...off. It was like he was false. A strange aura seeped from him that made Kila's hair stand on end. It scared her. Her tail puffed up and she found her fangs instinctively poking out. What a joke. She was SO damn close! She felt negative emotions boiling up inside of her. This would change something.

"Dante...think about your consequences for a moment. We're in friendly territory, aren't we? I doubt we'll be punished severely."
Lord Inquisitor - Darius Wilhelm Ambrose
Dante's Room

Darius glanced over to Kila as she spoke to Dante, his gaze lingering just a bit too long to where it would become deeply unsettling before setting his gaze back towards Dante. "You should listen to your ally and think about what you are doing," the inquisitor spoke harsh words towards the man as two of the magi knights moved forward to put Kila under arrest. "Right now, I have you on trespassing and possession of forbidden material. If you resist, your punishment will only be harsher, but by all means, please, do give me a reason to step in. I promise you that I will not be as kind as those under the tower's authority," he stated matter-of-factly. Indeed, if the man continued to resist, especially if he made a run for it or managed to get out of the tower, Darius would be able to use any mean necessary to stop him, short of killing him, of course. Unless the man started attacking, then he would be able to kill him on the spot, as it would be self defense. Now, mentally, the inquisitor was counting down. 5 seconds, then he would consider the man as resisting arrest and step into action. A small smirk played at his face, as if he knew that he was going to get exactly what he wanted no matter how this situation played out.
Birdsie Birdsie Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back