• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventures of Prospero - OOC

Birdsie Birdsie Here's some info and my thought process.
So first off we need to define something. Currency is applying value to an object. Let's say that the world accepts precious metal coins as currency, but only because precious metals are important to magecraft. Platinum, Silver, Gold, etc. Now let's also put in the fact we have alchemy. This means these precious metals could be transmuted from another. Now let's add in some mythical/magical metals ( I think mithril is one) such as mithril, shadowsteel, etc. This would put alchemists/mages at a very high area in society though as they would be the only ones capable of producing such a thing if it were currency.

A very unique form of currency was the koku in Japan, a volume of rice which could feed a single person for a whole year. This began to end (I think around the meiji era it was replaced by yen) around the Edo period or Tokugawa era when the Portuguese went to japan and began trading firearms because they were european and used metal coins, so the use of metal coins were created, but there were inflation problems as people began counterfeiting and provinces were making their own currency of coins. However, the influx of European trade also was causing them to give too much gold and silver to the Europeans with no return, and so they adopted the gold standard and created the yen in the meiji era.

That was a history lesson, now I'm gonna apply it. Let's say precious metals were bought off by mages, alchemists, and thaumaturgists as importance to their work for making things. Now Prospero needs another currency. This can be anything measured in any amount. It could be based off of wine, wheat, gold (or another metal), or even wood. Now they just need a coin representing this currency that can be made out of anything. Now what do you say Birdsie Birdsie ?

Birdsie Birdsie Here's some info and my thought process.
So first off we need to define something. Currency is applying value to an object. Let's say that the world accepts precious metal coins as currency, but only because precious metals are important to magecraft. Platinum, Silver, Gold, etc. Now let's also put in the fact we have alchemy. This means these precious metals could be transmuted from another. Now let's add in some mythical/magical metals ( I think mithril is one) such as mithril, shadowsteel, etc. This would put alchemists/mages at a very high area in society though as they would be the only ones capable of producing such a thing if it were currency.

A very unique form of currency was the koku in Japan, a volume of rice which could feed a single person for a whole year. This began to end (I think around the meiji era it was replaced by yen) around the Edo period or Tokugawa era when the Portuguese went to japan and began trading firearms because they were european and used metal coins, so the use of metal coins were created, but there were inflation problems as people began counterfeiting and provinces were making their own currency of coins. However, the influx of European trade also was causing them to give too much gold and silver to the Europeans with no return, and so they adopted the gold standard and created the yen in the meiji era.

That was a history lesson, now I'm gonna apply it. Let's say precious metals were bought off by mages, alchemists, and thaumaturgists as importance to their work for making things. Now Prospero needs another currency. This can be anything measured in any amount. It could be based off of wine, wheat, gold (or another metal), or even wood. Now they just need a coin representing this currency that can be made out of anything. Now what do you say Birdsie Birdsie ?
0_0
You do you, man.

Too many people here knew she was a dragon hybrid now, which meant she wasn't safe -- even if they weren't currently hostile towards her, as humans tended to be fickle creatures, changing their mind at any moment. So, the best route, in her mind, would be simply to get out of town.
Damn it.
You missed that Character Development chance X_X

I guess it's partly Kylesar1 Kylesar1 's fault for being a baka-hentai-pervert. Yes, I'm using weeb slang. Get used to it.

Alteras Alteras !

I summon you, o, genderless demon! Where art thou? When shall thou post?
Sorry, was taking a swim. Been looking at how crazy the city has been, I'll post soon. Might make another character just to address the city that was just a battlefield a moment ago

Damn it.
You missed that Character Development chance X_X

I guess it's partly Kylesar1 Kylesar1 's fault for being a baka-hentai-pervert. Yes, I'm using weeb slang. Get used to it.
Hahaha it's not too late, she's just going to need some convincing. Especially after John's antics :P

How does one convince her not to leave?

"Excuse me. I just wanted to say... thank you."

Would that work?

No, I've worked with Arya, even though one time a character of mine saved her froma Siren's cave where one wouldn't know when the sirens would come back, she just drew a comical illustration of Arya dumping water on my character's head holding her princess style as she hit him. Right Rin Nyx Rin Nyx ? Pull that illustration back up.

How does one convince her not to leave?

"Excuse me. I just wanted to say... thank you."

Would that work?
I mean, she'd be flattered, but that in itself probably won't work.
Things to get her to stay:
  • Sapphira asking her to (she may or may not require John to apologize)
  • Offering her money to do some sort of job (oh hey, there's this monster nearby, take care of it and we'll give you gold and also give you more chances to decide to stay).
  • John apologizing and trying to convince her (will take much more convincing than Sapphira simply asking her to stay)
Other alternatives:
  • leaving Tizca City but with a persistent group accompanying her (oh hey, there's a town that's in trouble over that-a-way, here's some gold to take care of it and some group members you're not allowed to get rid of)
  • ???

No, I've worked with Arya, even though one time a character of mine saved her froma Siren's cave where one wouldn't know when the sirens would come back, she just drew a comical illustration of Arya dumping water on my character's head holding her princess style as she hit him. Right Rin Nyx Rin Nyx ? Pull that illustration back up.
Ahahahahaha, I forgot about that! xD to be fair, she didn't know who the hell he was and he had literally just picked up a sleeping (half) dragon. He was lucky that's all she did!
Ah, I need to see if I can find that picture, I'm not at home with my computer anymore so I can't pull it up easily xP

I mean, she'd be flattered, but that in itself probably won't work.
Things to get her to stay:
  • Sapphira asking her to (she may or may not require John to apologize)
  • Offering her money to do some sort of job (oh hey, there's this monster nearby, take care of it and we'll give you gold and also give you more chances to decide to stay).
  • John apologizing and trying to convince her (will take much more convincing than Sapphira simply asking her to stay)
Other alternatives:
  • leaving Tizca City but with a persistent group accompanying her (oh hey, there's a town that's in trouble over that-a-way, here's some gold to take care of it and some group members you're not allowed to get rid of)
  • ???

Ahahahahaha, I forgot about that! xD to be fair, she didn't know who the hell he was and he had literally just picked up a sleeping (half) dragon. He was lucky that's all she did!
Ah, I need to see if I can find that picture, I'm not at home with my computer anymore so I can't pull it up easily xP
From the sounds of it, Arya is tsundere.

Waifu, o, waifu. Why art thou so cruel to me.

No, Arya is just untrusting because her lineage brought so much trouble to her, at this point she assumes everyone is out to get her in some way shape or form.

"I-its not like I like you or anything! Baka!" - Arya, maybe

Haha but Silver hit it on the nose (he's definitely rp' d with my character a few times)

No, Arya is just untrusting because her lineage brought so much trouble to her, at this point she assumes everyone is out to get her in some way shape or form.
"I-its not like I like you or anything! Baka!" - Arya, maybe

Haha but Silver hit it on the nose (he's definitely rp' d with my character a few times)
Hmmm...

Therapy won't help.
Maybe I should make a half-something character that brings him misfortune, so the two of them can relate.

Okay, I've got an idea already.

Hmmm...

Therapy won't help.
Maybe I should make a half-something character that brings him misfortune, so the two of them can relate.

Don't you already have a half-elf character? She could probably relate to him

I need to take it to another level. Arya had it bad because people try to kill her because of her heritage.

I need to take it above simple racism. I need to take it to the level where people will start harboring deep feelings of hatred and want to kill said individual as soon as they discover his heritage, with feelings of rage.

As far as my
Hmmm...

Therapy won't help.

Sevix is also part demon, it isn't apparent, but he is sensitive about the fact. He feels that if he tells anyone about his demonic lineage or contract, he could be ridiculed and outcasted, but he was saved. That's the difference between him and Arya. He would understand where she's coming from, so....I GOT IT! Sorry Rin Nyx Rin Nyx but it seems that Sevix is going to try to save Arya as he was once. He's going to annoy the crap out of her possibly.

Also
I need to take it to another level. Arya had it bad because people try to kill her because of her heritage.

I need to take it above simple racism. I need to take it to the level where people will start harboring deep feelings of hatred and want to kill said individual as soon as they discover his heritage, with feelings of rage.
That would ruin the point. The reason Arya was ridiculed and outcasted was because of racism. She can't control her draconic powers well, so it also created issues, but not to the point of killing from my perspective. She's just targeted because she has dragon blood.

As far as my

Sevix is also part demon, it isn't apparent, but he is sensitive about the fact. He feels that if he tells anyone about his demonic lineage or contract, he could be ridiculed and outcasted, but he was saved. That's the difference between him and Arya. He would understand where she's coming from, so....I GOT IT! Sorry Rin Nyx Rin Nyx but it seems that Sevix is going to try to save Arya as he was once. He's going to annoy the crap out of her possibly.

Also

That would ruin the point. The reason Arya was ridiculed and outcasted was because of racism. She can't control her draconic powers well, so it also created issues, but not to the point of killing from my perspective. She's just targeted because she has dragon blood.
I said "simple" racism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back