• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Adventures of a quirky MMO guild

Some sort of pet class. I hope this game has a frog pet class, with toad assistant pets that do small chores, like selling items.
The game has features for summoning / spawning / taming, and some minions could have non-combat capabilities.

Can I have a shop?
Players can start their own shops, yes.

I am so up for this.

I have two ideas one is as I like to call "The only heal himself healer" pretty much a healer that doesn't care about anyone and only focuses on doing self healing to ensure he doesn't die while deliberately making life for whatever party he is in harder.

The second is for lack of a better terminology "Leeeeeroy Jenkins" after seeing a video that came out many years ago this character has embodied the spirit of Leeroy Jenkins hes a player with zero patience and hasnt got any time for your planning and strategy and no matter the fight he will charge in screaming/writing in caps LEEROY JENKINS.

I personally like the second one what about everyone else?
It's up to you. Do note that guild members are only allowed to be "mostly useless" at worst, so they still have to at least try to benefit the team.

The game has features for summoning / spawning / taming, and some minions could have non-combat capabilities.

Players can start their own shops, yes.

It's up to you. Do note that guild members are only allowed to be "mostly useless" at worst, so they still have to at least try to benefit the team.
Or, like in my case, not be allowed to be useful. She´s cute though

It looks like people are interested, so I'll throw together a basic character sheet for now while I work on getting the threads up a bit later.

Gotcha well both would still work since the Only heal himself healer focuses on only healing him so he can do dps (even though he dps's terribly) and Leeroy Jenkins helps out by tanking as long as the party can keep up with his mad charging ways.

Can I make a glass cannon cc mage with tons of dps who always draws too much aggro with aoes, runs out of mana (or whatever consumable source there is) in the first few seconds, and accidentally knocks enemies towards squishy teammates?

Can I make a glass cannon cc mage with tons of dps who always draws too much aggro with aoes, runs out of mana (or whatever consumable source there is) in the first few seconds, and accidentally knocks enemies towards squishy teammates?

Reminds me of Karthus, from League of Legends. Glass cannon, with no fear of death, so it's OK to charge in. Though, Karthus does live after he dies to do more damage while being untargetable, so he kinda has an advantage. :P

What you're describing there is burst, not dps. The basic idea is fine though. I mean, it's just Megumin.

So can I like be someone obsessed with muscle-bound anime characters, but really loves magic, and made his character super buff, wears no shirts, and is constantly shouting out about pose magic, tried to fuse the minion classes like summoner, necromancer, tamer, etc. Failed at it
but still thinks he's really good?

Okay, here's a basic outline for characters if anyone really wants to start putting things together. I'll have an example one up in a bit. Keep in mind this is a newly-formed guild that tends to recruit less-experienced players. Class and jobs I'll let you come up with for now, and later I might do some smoothing. Most of your characters would not have any sobriquet. Just ask me if you have any questions.

GAME

Username: The name that the player chose for themselves upon starting the game. It cannot be changed without paying. 15 character limit, certain terms are prohibited.

Avatar: What their in-game character looks like. Either an image or a written description is fine.

Level: The current level cap is 80. A player's level is the total of their class levels added up.

Race: Starting races are limited to human, dwarf, and elf, but there are ways to change your character's race, both in normal gameplay and using purchased items. Just ask if you wish to be a non-default race.

Class: Your standard RPG types of classes go here. Each class has 30 levels in this game, so at the current level cap you could have two classes maxed out with 20 levels left over. Since there are usually useful skills at the 10th and 20th level of a class, most max-level players opt for 30-30-20 or 30-30-10-10 builds. Of course, there is also nothing stopping a player from putting a single level... in 80 different classes. It's on you to write all that out though.

Job: Jobs are basically classes but for non-combat things. Think things like chef, alchemist, merchant, scholar, etc. Each job can have up to 10 levels, and the total for job levels is half of a player's total level. Job levels do not count towards a player's total level.

Sobriquet: Titles awarded by the game or an admin onto a player for accomplishing some feat. It includes a special effect, such as some buff or access to a special skill or something else entirely. Generally the highest-ranked players will have obtained multiple titles, but only one can be equipped at a time. Conflict between those top-tier players often comes down to the unique effects of their sobriquets just as much as their classes/builds and equipment.

Equipment: What the character has equipped. Give a description of any items with special or magical effects or traits.

Skills: Just describe a couple of your character's skills they are likely to use.

Guild: Silver Linings

CHARACTER

Summary: In one short line, describe their trope or quirk and functional role. Make this entertaining.

Role: The character's effective role in a party assuming everything went right and they didn't screw up.

Trope / Quirk: What makes your character different / special / useless?

Time playing: How recently did they start playing?

Persona: Briefly describe their in-game personality so we have an idea what we're working with.

Legend: And to wrap things up, just go over their time in game, covering their general activity and anything they might deem noteworthy they accomplished.

Okay, here's a basic outline for characters if anyone really wants to start putting things together. I'll have an example one up in a bit. Keep in mind this is a newly-formed guild that tends to recruit less-experienced players. Class and jobs I'll let you come up with for now, and later I might do some smoothing. Most of your characters would not have any sobriquet. Just ask me if you have any questions.

GAME

Username: The name that the player chose for themselves upon starting the game. It cannot be changed without paying. 15 character limit, certain terms are prohibited.

Avatar: What their in-game character looks like. Either an image or a written description is fine.

Level: The current level cap is 80. A player's level is the total of their class levels added up.

Race: Starting races are limited to human, dwarf, and elf, but there are ways to change your character's race, both in normal gameplay and using purchased items. Just ask if you wish to be a non-default race.

Class: Your standard RPG types of classes go here. Each class has 30 levels in this game, so at the current level cap you could have two classes maxed out with 20 levels left over. Since there are usually useful skills at the 10th and 20th level of a class, most max-level players opt for 30-30-20 or 30-30-10-10 builds. Of course, there is also nothing stopping a player from putting a single level... in 80 different classes. It's on you to write all that out though.

Job: Jobs are basically classes but for non-combat things. Think things like chef, alchemist, merchant, scholar, etc. Each job can have up to 10 levels, and the total for job levels is half of a player's total level. Job levels do not count towards a player's total level.

Sobriquet: Titles awarded by the game or an admin onto a player for accomplishing some feat. It includes a special effect, such as some buff or access to a special skill or something else entirely. Generally the highest-ranked players will have obtained multiple titles, but only one can be equipped at a time. Conflict between those top-tier players often comes down to the unique effects of their sobriquets just as much as their classes/builds and equipment.

Equipment: What the character has equipped. Give a description of any items with special or magical effects or traits.

Skills: Just describe a couple of your character's skills they are likely to use.

CHARACTER

Summary: In one short line, describe their trope or quirk and functional role. Make this entertaining.

Role: The character's effective role in a party assuming everything went right and they didn't screw up.

Persona: Briefly describe their in-game personality so we have an idea what we're working with.

Legend: And to wrap things up, just go over their time in game, covering their general activity and anything they might deem noteworthy they accomplished.

I assume we don't post here? Will there be a character sheet thread?

GAME

CHARACTER

Since my character is supposed to be rather strong, but won´t even be allowed to use or even demonstrate the strength, would it be okay if she had a sobriquet or two?

I assume we don't post here? Will there be a character sheet thread?
Feel free to post anything here until I get the actual threads up. It helps keep the interest check bumped. Free advertisement and whatnot.

Since my character is supposed to be rather strong, but won´t even be allowed to use or even demonstrate the strength, would it be okay if she had a sobriquet or two?
Maybe. I recommend working on the rest of the character first and then run the ideas for possible sobriquets by me when I have the rest of the character as context.

Feel free to post anything here until I get the actual threads up. It helps keep the interest check bumped. Free advertisement and whatnot.

Maybe. I recommend working on the rest of the character first and then run the ideas for possible sobriquets by me when I have the rest of the character as context.
It was a general question, that´ll help me develop the character ^^

It was a general question, that´ll help me develop the character ^^
My answer is yes, it's possible to have one already, but it's also something I'd review before giving it the okay. Sobriquets are generally something players have to either work extremely hard to obtain, or just get very lucky. Devs have the final say over awarding a player one, and the devs of this game are known for basically doing whatever they want.

So wait...we're allowed multiple classes?
Classes can be leveled to 30. A level 30 Fire Mage has access to all the same fire magic as a level 80 one, but the higher leveled mage will also have access to skills and spells of the other classes they have levels in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back