• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Adventures of a quirky MMO guild

Hey Magi, nice to see you again. I've got an interesting concept for you. A character capable of mimicking the appearance and skill of any character he touches, except due to his own oversight, the skills and abilities only show off their visual effect. Good for being a spy, not good for much else.

GAME

Username: Copycat

f6d13091d739c5c8224a1f7059fad5dc.jpg

Level: 30

Race: Human

Class: Mimic

Job: Librarian

Sobriquet: TBD

Equipment:
The Mimic's Clothes: A full set of clothes that can change and shift their shape to match that of the mimic. Can mimic the clothing and armor of the opponent. When not in use, appears to be a simple suit and tie. Surprisingly tough even in its base form.

The Mimic's Staff: In most situations it is a simple staff. In battle, it can change its shape and design to perfectly match that of the opponent. Can deal an average amount of damage in it's base form.

Skills:
Mimic: The user can actively change their physical structure and abilities to match those of the chosen opponent. All skills are copied from the opponent.

Staff Dance: Twisting, exaggerated movements increase the evasiveness of the user. Ability to Evade attacks increases by forty percent.

Unbreakable: All attributes are converted into defense. Invulnerability for five seconds. All stats but defense become zero.

Guild: Silver Linings

CHARACTER

Summary: Perfect Mimicry; All the Skills are completely useless!

Role: Infiltrator

Trope / Quirk: Can copy the appearance and skills of anyone he touches. None of the skills work and only show the visual effect due to an oversight.

Time playing: Has been playing for a year.

Persona: Full of bluffs when in mimic form. He can lie with the best of them. In his regular appearance though he is quite laid back in most situations, often finds himself pulled into the schemes of others just for fun.

Legend: When Cat first started playing the game, he had these big plans of being the perfect mimic character, capable of stealing and using the opponent's skills against them so he devoted himself to finding the Mimic class and acquiring it. He of course did and he spent all of his time maxing the class out...only to discover that it was entirely useless. The class was powerful, yes, especially when it came to being evasive and avoiding attacks, but that wasn't what he wanted.

It turned out that the class only showed its true worth when it was the last class in a group. To achieve what he wanted, he would have needed at least ten levels in the base classes such as Fighter, Wizard, and Rogue, with some miscellaneous classes thrown in. Because it was the first class he obtained, the only thing he could mimic in terms of skills and abilities were their visual effects. He could throw buffs and powerful destructive attacks all he wants and it would look amazing, but it wouldn't do anything.

Annoying as it was, he wasn't going to waste his other levels on those basic classes. Stubbornness has kept him from getting any other classes he doesn't find interesting. It was why he became a Librarian, to maybe find the best classes to compliment his broken one.

Of course his exploits as a Mimic weren't a problem. Cat has managed to steal quite a large amount of money and items from other players simply by bluffing his way through situations. Everyone knows who he is but no one wants to take the chance that the person he is mimicking may be the real deal.

Are you still looking? I really liked the idea of your total perv assassin. I really wanna be that guy who sometimes doesn’t get the mission done because he’s constantly looking at the hot characters and will actively stop fighting just to flirt with them. Has catchphrases like “I put the ass in assassin” etc etc. Really useful in battle but only if you can get him to actually take part. Which 9 times out of 10 he doesn’t.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

She is lacking a combat class and should also have a level for her job class.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about the sobriquet and legend sections.

Persona could be expanded upon some more.

I don't require specific numbers for skills and equip, but what you have seems fine to me.
Once the rest is fine, i´d like to dm you about sobriquet and legend.

I tried to fix the rest to suit your critic (Kinda forgot the role, thought i had that lol), tell me if there is more need for changes.

The RP is open for anyone to submit a character. Whether I end up accepting all characters really depends on how many I get. I'm just one person, so I can only handle so any players by myself. Either way I'll put out an announcement when I'm no longer accepting anymore sheets.

The link to the character thread (which links to all the other threads) is in the OP on the first page.

I'm gonna play a thief who really doesn't want to play this, but his brother sll buy forced him to play. He's the strategist, and honestly just doesn't care. If someone says or does someone stupid, he'll be the one to point it out.

Once more. I'm specifically looking for people willing to make low-level characters to join the guild. Don't worry about being weak, you will have plenty of opportunity to level up during the story.

Gonna give this a few more days before starting the IC.

Of the characters I've currently accepted we have:
A cocky OP swordsman leader​
A belittled and in need of protecc assassin​
A pay-to-win fashionista fire mage​
A spy that keeps getting lost​
A world-class blacksmith who only speaks in quotes and is usually streaming​

If you're willing, this band of misfits would love to have you along for their misadventures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back