• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Adventures of a quirky MMO guild

OverconfidentMagi

Laugh Like You've Won Always
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The pitch for this one's gonna be real easy.

MADE to FANTASYe is an extremely popular MMORPG. Note the lack of VR in that mass of letters. VR technology exists, but it isn't widely used for entertainment yet. So MTFe is just a normal game, played on computer (or television) screens with normal mouse & keyboard (or controller). It's your standard Fantasy setting, with swords and magic, different classes, leveling, all the normal RPG tropes.

This story would deal with a small group of players within this game: the guild by the name of Silver Linings.

The thing is, none of the members of this young guild are what you'd consider... normal. In addition to the role they fulfill in the group, each has a specific quirk or trope that makes them stand out from the more "normal" players running around. The founder of the guild isn't interested in boring players, he's only interested in collecting rare specimens.

To get an idea of what I mean by that, think KonoSuba characters: hyper-specialized to the point of being completely useless 99.9% of the time magic caster, masochist tank, literally just an e-girl... cleric I think she was supposed to be? I've got a whole list of fun combinations on hand, which I'll throw in a spoiler below just because I enjoyed coming up with them, but I'd prefer if you came up with the roles and quirks that you'd find fun to play. Just let me know if you'd be down for joining this.

Oh, and there is a story and info on the game/setting, but I don't think that's important to just gauge interest on the basic idea.

Overpowered (probably cheating) cocky leader​
E-Thot​
So done with your shit healer​
No a necromancer is not an acceptable alternative to having a healer, stop dying FFS!​
Hyper-specialized (usually useless) mage​
Knows literally every level 1 spell in the game mage​
"Lagging" time mage​
The edge-lord assassin/thief​
The creep/perv thief/assassin​
Watches way too much sentai "Hero of Justice"​
Eager to please tank​
Immature and infinitely annoying yet somehow actually competent at the game X-Box live kid​
"I should totally be the leader" asshole​
Incompetent "how the fuck did you miss that shot!?" archer​
Actually a furry druid​
SPEAKS IN CAPS Barbarian​
... I'm gonna stop now. The bad ideas just keep coming.​

EDIT: The threads are up.

Last edited:
Oh oh this sounds pretty neat.

So something like, defying physics archer would be a quirk? An archer who, no matter how many times, tries to aim straight, his arrows always fly elsewhere.

Oh oh this sounds pretty neat.

So something like, defying physics archer would be a quirk? An archer who, no matter how many times, tries to aim straight, his arrows always fly elsewhere.
Yup. One of the examples I put is just that: Incompetent "how the fuck did you miss that shot!?" archer.

I'm in. Totally gunna swamp myself, but that's OK. I reject your spoiler of ideas and implant my own.

I'll be a male, who plays a female. But, this female changes every week. Everything from her personality, profile pics, voice changers, and characters/roles in game.

Yes, each character is max level and fully geared. Need a raid with fifty plus people, but I'm the only one you know? No problem, my character knows how to multi-box very effectively. No job, and I haven't been offline since the game was launched. I even remain online during maintenance. Don't ask me my sleep hours, or how I have enough money for my computer setup, which consists of an entire bedroom of double stacked mega computer towers all connected in parallel, 64 monitors, arranged in a complete circle around him, four monitors tall.

I´ll be that really shy and cute girl, that everybody belittles. She´ll be a rogue dps, but she will be kept from dashing into everything by everyone, because they think she´ll die. Though she is capable and everything, she just gets treated like a child.

I´ll be that really shy and cute girl, that everybody belittles. She´ll be a rogue dps, but she will be kept from dashing into everything by everyone, because they think she´ll die. Though she is capable and everything, she just gets treated like a child.

Your character is stupid. (Joke belittling your character, please don't be offended and report me. D: I'm sooooooooooo sorry! :'( Please forgive me!)

Your character is stupid. (Joke belittling your character, please don't be offended and report me. D: I'm sooooooooooo sorry! :'( Please forgive me!)
Less in a aggressive way, they more try to protect her n stuff. Like "let us handle that!" "But i can..!" "no, you're fine, we'll take care of it."

Less in a aggressive way, they more try to protect her n stuff. Like "let us handle that!" "But i can..!" "no, you're fine, we'll take care of it."

I know, I was being dumb. My, how the tables have turned. Now I'm the dumb character. Hmm. What kinda ninja-trickery did you just pull on me?

I'm in. Totally gunna swamp myself, but that's OK. I reject your spoiler of ideas and implant my own.

I'll be a male, who plays a female. But, this female changes every week. Everything from her personality, profile pics, voice changers, and characters/roles in game.

Yes, each character is max level and fully geared. Need a raid with fifty plus people, but I'm the only one you know? No problem, my character knows how to multi-box very effectively. No job, and I haven't been offline since the game was launched. I even remain online during maintenance. Don't ask me my sleep hours, or how I have enough money for my computer setup, which consists of an entire bedroom of double stacked mega computer towers all connected in parallel, 64 monitors, arranged in a complete circle around him, four monitors tall.
Someone who plays off-gender is fine, and having multiple characters is... also fine I suppose. But actively playing multiple at once might be pushing it, and that many, especially all high-level character, is just unrealistic. 2 characters at once max, with reduced performance as a result.

And "IRL" will only be referenced by the players in game, at least for the beginning, so no RPing the actual player behind the monitor. This may change later on.

I want to be the "done-with-your-shit" healer. 0-0 That is so me.

"Shut up, Steve, no one cares if your mom says it's bedtime."
"The hell, Steve? Why'd you run RIGHT AT THE FRICKIN OPPONENT when I just SAID my mana was depleted?"
"No, Steve. This is the fifth and final time I'll revive you."

Lol, a diver who isn't allowed to dive. Sounds right off the island of misfit toys rpg characters.

I shall be the overpowered guy who exploits every way the game lets you level
That's not really much of a quirk / trope, that's just min-maxing. The guild's leader wouldn't be interested in collecting that kind of player.

Lol, a diver who isn't allowed to dive. Sounds right off the island of misfit toys rpg characters.

That's not really much of a quirk / trope, that's just min-maxing. The guild's leader wouldn't be interested in collecting that kind of player.
I mean I could also be famous for something
Like stealing from admins?

TO add to the character, she´ll have that really high pitched voice that people won´t even believe is her real voice.

For a reference, use this

Someone who plays off-gender is fine, and having multiple characters is... also fine I suppose. But actively playing multiple at once might be pushing it, and that many, especially all high-level character, is just unrealistic. 2 characters at once max, with reduced performance as a result.

And "IRL" will only be referenced by the players in game, at least for the beginning, so no RPing the actual player behind the monitor. This may change later on.

Very well. Then, I'll just be a normal person, IRL. My character will be into social media. So much so, that they haven't had the time to level their character. Only reason why they level is due to leeching exp.

My character would be one that would avoid battle and fighting at all costs, and try to be social the entire time, including during important boss battles.

Does this sound better?

Very well. Then, I'll just be a normal person, IRL. My character will be into social media. So much so, that they haven't had the time to level their character. Only reason why they level is due to leeching exp.

My character would be one that would avoid battle and fighting at all costs, and try to be social the entire time, including during important boss battles.

Does this sound better?
Your character can be the one "caring" for mine then. XD

Does this sound better?
Omfg. In video games, this is literally me. xD Cuz, see, I'm also the archer who can't hit a target to save his life so I literally give up and just start socializing. Ik I'm awful. xP

I want to be the "done-with-your-shit" healer. 0-0 That is so me.

"Shut up, Steve, no one cares if your mom says it's bedtime."
"The hell, Steve? Why'd you run RIGHT AT THE FRICKIN OPPONENT when I just SAID my mana was depleted?"
"No, Steve. This is the fifth and final time I'll revive you."
I was really hoping someone would see that one.

Does this sound better?
What would their functional role / class be though? Members of the guild are only allowed to be "mostly useless" at worst, so can you give me some idea of what they'd actually contribute to the team?

I was really hoping someone would see that one.

What would their functional role / class be though? Members of the guild are only allowed to be "mostly useless" at worst, so can you give me some idea of what they'd actually contribute to the team?

Some sort of pet class. I hope this game has a frog pet class, with toad assistant pets that do small chores, like selling items.

I am so up for this.

I have two ideas one is as I like to call "The only heal himself healer" pretty much a healer that doesn't care about anyone and only focuses on doing self healing to ensure he doesn't die while deliberately making life for whatever party he is in harder.

The second is for lack of a better terminology "Leeeeeroy Jenkins" after seeing a video that came out many years ago this character has embodied the spirit of Leeroy Jenkins hes a player with zero patience and hasnt got any time for your planning and strategy and no matter the fight he will charge in screaming/writing in caps LEEROY JENKINS.

I personally like the second one what about everyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back