• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Adventure in Treblian, Fate of an Empire (Open)

7904c098c2b0def287886ffc0c2599e9-700.jpg

The human Sahari Empire has held itself together against all odds for over one thousand years. Dynasties have come and gone, territory has been lost and gained, thousands have shed blood in the name of the empire, but the collective has endured. However, the Empire finds itself in a very precarious position. Enemies beset it on all sides. To the North, the treacherous Independent Kingdoms stand for everything that the Sahari hate. Independence, individuality, sovereignty from imperial rule. There is a tentative peace for now, but every ruler worth their title knows that war is on the horizon. To the East, the Orcish kingdoms grow in power daily, while the Goblins of Yarkand grow restless in their overcrowded mountain cities. As naval technology has made great progress in the last century, sea trade becomes ever important. The massive coastline of the Empire has become plagued with piracy over the last several decades. No Imperial navy has ever been able to put a stop to the savage raids of merchant ships all along the Imperial Sea.

The conglomerate of duchies, republics, and free cities of the Empire see the hordes of enemies at the border, while also noticing the crippled state of the Imperial navy. Change is on the wind inside the empire, and rulers have begun to plan for the likelihood that the Imperial Court will collapse from within. Imperial subjects are beginning to amass army and armies along their borders, ready at a moment's notice to invade their neighbors if ever they think the Empire will not respond. Ancient rivalries are being rekindled, and old territorial claims are being pulled out of the archives. With all of this on their hands, the Imperial Court is certainly strained, but not yet defeated. The Empire must endure, for order must rule against chaos, light must rule against darkness. The Empire has come back from the brink of defeat before, and it must do so again.

The Chancellor of the Imperial Court has been tasked with quelling the rabblerousers, silencing the voices of dissent within Sahari. This task is not only difficult, but it must be handled with care. Any Imperial action is watched closely by all of the rulers inside and outside of the Empire. If Sahari agents are seen cracking down too hard on subject nations, the Empire may end up achieving the opposite of its objective. Imperial meddling would likely cause a reaction from other Imperial subjects, who would then have a cause to strike out at the Emperor. Therefore, the Chancellor required a task force that was not Imperial. The task force had to be comprised of mercenaries, people from outside of Sahari. The Empire had to be able to hide the cards in their hand and totally deny any connection between the mercenaries and the Imperial Court. They would be secret agents, the eyes, ears, and axe of the Empire. The group would travel across the vast Imperial holdings, uncovering treachery wherever it might spring up, and deal with it by any means necessary. The risk would be high, but so would the pay. Who would the Empire seek to do its necessary dirty work? What adventurers, warriors, mercenaries, or magical users would answer the call of the greatest nation that Treblian has ever known?

Hello! This is my new roleplay that takes place in the fantasy world of Treblian! I am looking for players to fill the roles of the task force that the Empire seeks to establish order within the realm... The world of Treblian is vast and complicated. In order to understand the Empire, the Races, the Magic, and the Politics of the realm, and your character's role in it all, you must read the Lore section of the thread! Speaking of which.. I'll link it here! It might be unfinished when you look at it, but I add to it daily in order to flesh out this mystical world.. If you are interested, please let me know in this thread! I'll link it as "Other" to all of the threads of the roleplay so you don't lose it ^.^ It is likely you will have questions, if that is the case, let me know in OOC or in a PM. I hope you'll consider joining, and I look forward to seeing what adventures we wil have in Treblian.

Last edited:
I dont have time to read this on my work break, but I hope to read into it tonight. Love the picture used. I used that one for a main city in my last campaign.

Proletariat Proletariat I finished reading whats on this page and I am going to read whats linked later today.

I have a character in mind and I an hoping they fit in when i read the rest of the info.

Im thinkin this;
My character came from a family of Nuezarian miners, but he wanted something more glorious. He wanted to do his duty for the country. So he became heavy infantry. He served his time with little incident and retired without earning much rank. While enlisted he lived in barracks and envested his money in humble grain farm with a single surf.

When he retired to this farm he found that his surf had been dead for a year and thier wife had tended to his land. My character agreed to care for the widow and eventually had a child with her. By the age of three the child died.

My character made a pact with a devil to bring his baby back and all it asked in return were two things. He never see the famil again and he lived with the childs illness inside him. He abandon the family to become a mercenary who lived in the port city.
————————————————————-

Putting him in 5e perspective he is like a mix between Ranger and blade pact warlock of the fiend. He doesnt wear the heavy armor he used to in the army and dealing damage heals him in a grusome way. The illness inside him siphones hit points from fallen enemies and eventually enemies damaged during combat.

What “level” would we be starting at so I can put his power into perspective when I apply?

Im thinkin this;
My character came from a family of Nuezarian miners, but he wanted something more glorious. He wanted to do his duty for the country. So he became heavy infantry. He served his time with little incident and retired without earning much rank. While enlisted he lived in barracks and envested his money in humble grain farm with a single surf.

When he retired to this farm he found that his surf had been dead for a year and thier wife had tended to his land. My character agreed to care for the widow and eventually had a child with her. By the age of three the child died.

My character made a pact with a devil to bring his baby back and all it asked in return were two things. He never see the famil again and he lived with the childs illness inside him. He abandon the family to become a mercenary who lived in the port city.
————————————————————-

Putting him in 5e perspective he is like a mix between Ranger and blade pact warlock of the fiend. He doesnt wear the heavy armor he used to in the army and dealing damage heals him in a grusome way. The illness inside him siphones hit points from fallen enemies and eventually enemies damaged during combat.

What “level” would we be starting at so I can put his power into perspective when I apply?
Spell count works by age. How old he is determined how many spells he can have, check the warlock tab under magic.

Proletariat Proletariat I already saw it. That was one of the reasons I made him of retired age. But I wanted to make sure my power was in scale with the rest of the players.

My idea for the power is that he has a swarm of creatures inside his body that patch up his wounds using an enemies body and heat. Maybe the idea of infesting someones wounds as well. They would be something like tiny bone bird head sowing needles.

Proletariat Proletariat I already saw it. That was one of the reasons I made him of retired age. But I wanted to make sure my power was in scale with the rest of the players.

My idea for the power is that he has a swarm of creatures inside his body that patch up his wounds using an enemies body and heat. Maybe the idea of infesting someones wounds as well. They would be something like tiny bone bird head sowing needles.
Sounds like a plague chaos knight from Warhammer. I'm not sure that ability would work for this roleplay. Warlock's get mana and spells from their deity, and they can be possessed at random, but that's it.

I'm planning to make a lizardman shaman. Is it possible for her to use necromancy or is there something with the plot that prevents that?

It is possible for her to use necromancy. Necromancy is forbidden in most parts of the world though, so if anyone witnesses her using Necromancy they will become hostile towards her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back