• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Adventure Across the Sandseas!

GlassRainGerman

Pesterchum: GlassRainGerman (GR)
Welcome! For you are about to embark on quite the adventure to seek for the rarest prize out of the many lost treasures of Captain Javier Jadira the Psionic. You will be searching for the Book of Unfinished Stories: An enchanted tone that tells of the past, the present, and of the many futures of the world out on the wide open seas— the wide open Sandseas that is! Automaton pirates! Flying ships! And Sand Serpents Galore! Do you have the courage to make the journey? Well we’ll just have to wait and see!

((Please comment if you are interested or hell even if you think it’s a terrible idea and have a better suggestion))

((Sorry if this sucks i just was really determined after my last d&d group got ruined by a person trying to godmod a cow)

Last edited:
Its alittle bleek an bland BUT with aittle bit of brain power this could be really cool, count me in.

Maybe add alittle something to this treasure seeking? Is it ancient treasures or treasures that promise eternal life or even have some bundles of treasure possess curses?

Looks good to me! The added info also sounds good! Adds more to the adventure aspect.

character sheet lol

Never heard of character sheet being referred to a CS before

Regardless, no there isnt a CS just please put down your character info

Heres an example character profile

Name: Colin Syren

Race: Half-Drow Elf, Half-Selkie

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Bond: The ocean (which she’s never seen but she can feel in her veins)

Destiny: To reconnect the Underdark with the Eversea, find her father.

Class: Bard

Equipment: Sealskin, knife, and traveling clothes

Magic: Singing and shapeshifting to seal form

Personality: Reclusive due to the fact she cannot speak except through hand signs and singing but determined to help those in need.

Backstory: Twenty five years ago a sailor named Colin Illi had his sealskin stole by a drow elf by the name of Teila Syren. Teila kept the selkie as her slave for seven years near the end of which they conceived a child. Colin Illi escaped before the child was born and she named after him. Colin Syren lived with her mother Teila in the Underdark for most of her childhood always keenly aware she was different from the other drow elf younglings. Not only did she look different, her mother made her wear a stupid sealskin everywhere, but she also could not speak. On her 16th birthday her father sent a letter about her other heritage and telling her to come find him so they can be father and daughter like they were meant to be. That same night Colin ran away from home and started making a living on her singing talent whilst she tries to find her father.

Hey, don't worry if something is not picked up immediately. I suggest you take some time, go over your concept, make sure that you have art - to inspire, make a proper CS, establish the needed outlines for everyone - so that the concept is clear and understandable. At the moment it seems a but lacking in structure, and many people look for that in an RP - so, a little bit of effort goes a long way in making people feel like this has the potential to take off and run. Good luck, and tag me if you decide to try this again! I am very interested.

I've been lurking...
been unsure if/how to construct a character.

Are each of us supposed to be individuals seeking this treasure for personal reasons? Or are we all joining a group/crew?
If we're all part of a crew, what kind? Pirates, adventurers, mercenaries, researchers, a random collection of gifted individuals hired to find this treasure by nobles, pirates, or some shady person that appeared out of nowhere? And do we start with a ship? If so, what kind of ship? Big? Small? Are we the crew, or is it crewed by NPCs and we're the "away team"?
Do the hardships come purely from the journey itself, or are we in a race against other groups?
Sandseas and Sand Serpents makes me think we're treating sand like water at times, depending on context. Being able to walk on or sail through it(ala Monster Hunter)? Or is it just the monsters, such as serpents or worms, that are able to(ala Tremors)? Just to confirm. Or is Sandseas just a name?
Would you prefer all characters be at least loosely based on D&D races and classes, or will you be accepting whatever as long as it isn't an obvious godmode mary sue?
How about tech level? Is it steampunk/clockwork/semi-victorian? Is it just medieval with magic airships, and the automatons are scary unknowns? Do characters often have clockwork prosthetics? Monster Hunter tech? Steam tanks? Parachutes? Grappling hooks, harpoon guns, or steam-based jump-packs?
This usually leads to questions about firearms. Classic Pirate Single-shot muskets and cannons? Cowboy-level revolvers, repeaters, and early gatling guns? No classic guns, but fantastical weaponized steam/glue/elemental guns? No guns at all, but a handful a weird gadgets?
Magic level? Is everything powered by it? Does it not exist? Is it fading from use? Hated/Feared? Seen as an equal alternative to tech power? Do science and magic war on each other or coexist and create magitech?
Are you using your own character or just acting as a DM?
-------
Several of these questions are relevant to character creation, or could affect interest. It's important to have a good picture of the world they should exist in.

CS Thread
for those that missed a notification

Users who are viewing this thread

Back