• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ackermann's Boarding House (Closed)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
“Oh you want to call me insane when you can drop people like flies into a deep sleep? Where’s the sense in that?” Beckett spoke as they walked into the shed with a heavy eye roll. His hands slid into his pockets as he looked around to assess who all was there. Quinn check, Caspar check, but there was no one else there. Cami was with Dexter, he wa reliable and could get away in a pinch. But Willow? Willow was with Tae and that made him uncomfortable, but from the conversation they walked in on it sounded as if they were trying to dispose of the two failed agents. For now she'd be safe, but if it came down to it and the government offered Tae his job back in exchange for Willow he was sure that he'd sell her out in a heartbeat. So finding the pair would was top on his list, right after getting everyone out of this safely.

"Crop top?" Beckett narrowed his eyes to look over the other pair in the shed, quickly putting two and two together. "What did they shoot you with?" Beckett narrowed his eyes at Quinn while she busied herself with preparing the boat. "Your powers were neutralized, weren't they? When I was there they had something in the works but the effects never lasted long. Just be careful Quinn." Did anyone else get shot? If Dexter had gotten shot they'd be in danger, if Willow had gotten shot then that would explain the lack of communication from her end. Shit was going down all across the island, there was no way he'd be able to leave these guys and go looking for them.

It seemed as if the agents heard his thoughts, like Quinn he could hear the movement near the shed and he was quick to react. "Jay, get inside. Quinn you go with Caspar." With that said he ushered Jay inside and shut the door behind them. "Stay low, I doubt they'll be shooting because they want a few of us alive." Beckett attempted to form his arm into a shield but, unfortunately, he wasn't able to. Beckett was specifically designed for combat and defense, having his powers suppressed was disgustingly uncomfortably. "You didn't get shot with anything right? With the way you complain i'm sure you would have said something." He couldn't help but chuckle as he made light of the mood.

Dexter

It took a minute for Dexter to realize what had happened, and when he did he couldn't help but smile. Her reaction just made his smile grow bigger and caused him to chuckle. Far be it for him to be the one to rain on her parade, he knew that what had happened had to be temporary, but seeing her this happy almost made what just happened worth it. "Man if only we could get the recipe for that, I'd love if you'd be able to be like this more often." Dexter gave another small chuckle before he opened up a small window portal in front of them. It wasn't one to jump through though, he called it his looking glass that allowed them to see what was going on around the island. It was a birds eye view showing that the island swarmed with soldiers, and that they were running to the shed where the boat was pulling out of. "Well little miss Rapunzel, going back to the island isn't in our future and I can't teleport us to a moving boat."

Dexter waved at the window and watched as it disappeared from the air, letting out a small sigh and running his hand through his hair. "Is there a safe space you think your brother would go to? I mean out of that group Beckett is the most skilled at being on the run; from what I remember he's been running from Quinn and Tae for the last few years. I'm not quite sure where Tae and Willow are. There are other safe houses they might go to, but they aren't anywhere close so it'll take a few days to get there...Guess we give them some time to get there and then we can meet them there. Is there anywhere you'd like to go with your newfound freedom while we wait?"

Jayne Wilson

The government had darts that could neutralize their powers? That was more terrifying than any boat or airplane in the world. Jay couldnt think of a world without her abilities, it would probably be easier yeah but she wouldn't be the person she was today without them. Being a mutant was an important piece of her identity, it was scary to think of losing it. After everything on the island, the four of them that had been able to make it to the boat had escaped and headed back towards the mainland. There was a marina nearby the city there so they could stash the boat and easily find a new place to hide as long as they were quick. Then maybe the others would spot the boat and know they were nearby, not that Jay was a huge fan of traveling in a group but they all knew Caspar wouldn't chill until Cami was found.

"Beckett if you don't sit still, I'm not doing this. I am not in the mood today." Jay grumbled and adjusted where she sat on the floor besides him. They had found a hotel to squat in, it wasn't the Ritz but it was clean and free. She had used her powers to put the desk worker to sleep and then sold herself a room for a few weeks using one of her many fake credit cards. It was a good trick of hers. Since then the four of them had been staying inside for a week, Caspar going out on occasion to bring back food since he was the only one of them that didn't stand out like a sore thumb. Jay had neon hair and the other two were too well known by the agents. During their time here Jay had begun to notice that much like her, Beckett didn't sleep much. Eventually the two of them came to a bit of an understanding. They both had terrible nightmares, Jay couldn't control or influence her own dreams but she could influence others, and she could kind of... hang out in others as well.

It was nighttime now and Jay was preparing to put Beckett to sleep and to eventually kind of steal his dreams so she could get some shut eye as well. But the bastard kept moving, Caspar was pacing and whining about Cami and shockingly today Quinn was actually not being annoying at all so at least there was that. "Caspar for the LOVE of humanity do not make me drop your ass. STOP pacing."

Camille Devereaux

Whatever was in that dart was magical but it wasn't permanent, Cami had been able to bask in the wonder of no powers for about an hour before she could feel the effects begin to wane. It was an amazing hour though. During it she talked up a storm to Dexter about all the things she could do if they could find the serum that was in the darts, then about how they were going to find Caspar, then freaking out about if the others were safe. It was a whirlwind of emotions but the fact of the matter was that for an hour she felt comfortable enough to open her mouth and speak for the first time in years. It didn't feel like she was going to hurt someone. At least not for that hour.

But soon enough she could feel the churning of toxicity and she knew it was coming back. It crushed her a bit to be honest but she wasn't naïve enough to believe it was permanent, even though she held onto a little bit of that hope.

Dexter had a plan to find the others but said it could take them a few days and had offered her to pick where they went to hide out during that time. Cami had started with requesting Paris. Then London. They kept bouncing between beautiful cities and amazing tourist towns but towards the end of it she was just to anxiety ridden to enjoy any of it so instead he took the two of them to a wonderful sleepy town on a lake. The weather was chill and damp but the place itself was beautiful, like the kind of place someone would go to write a mystery novel.

"Welcome back." Cami spoke quietly from where she sat on the couch reading her book, Dexter had been out searching for the others in some of the places he suspected but most days he came back with nothing new. "Anything today?"

Caspar Devereaux

They all got in the boat as they began getting shot at, it only made Caspar’s powers go all wonky again. “I’m sorry guys! I can’t control it well!” He shouted over the sound of bullets hitting the boat as they got the engine running and began moving. Thankfully Becketts quick thinking and Quinn’s prowess got them all out of the situation but Caspar couldn’t help but feel a bit guilty. If he could control his powers better it would have been easier and safer for them to have gotten out of there…

Despite his lack of control and the many agents shooting at them the group of four was able to make an escape and get back to mainland without much issue. They dropped the boat in a marina and followed Jay to a nearby hotel where she assaulted and stole from the staff. It made Caspar uncomfortable but he assumed this was just the sort of life they had to live sometimes… though he wished they could have been a little nicer about it.

A week went by in that hotel room, Quinn was nice enough so he was thankful that she was there with them but Beckett and Jay weee nightmares. They were both so damn prickly and moody that it made them hard to talk to most of the time and having half of your group be that way when in small confines was rough. Thankfully Caspar was able to go out once every day to bring back something for them to eat and drink from a nearby cafe. That was the only time he was able to actually relax.

“I’m pacing to make sure my powers don’t start up while you’re trying to use yours Jay. So you’re welcome actually.” Caspar was constantly nervous about where Cami was. He knew Dexter was good at avoiding the agents and had been for years but still, it had been a week since he saw his sister and it was really starting to weigh on his nerves. “I don’t know how you aren’t pacing, we’ve been in this fucking hotel room for a week and have no plan. I’m pretty sure if I ever see this particular shade of wallpaper again I may lose my fucking mind.”

Caspar sighed and finally stopped pacing, flopping into the arm chair that he had been using as his bed during their time here. He glanced over at Quinn and gave her a slight smirk, “Hey at least today she only had complaints about 2 out of 3 of us. Gold star for you today Quinnie.”

Quinn

19 years, six months, 12 days and four hours. That's how long Quinn had been an agent, that's how long she had her powers for. For an hour she was powerless and it was the best, scariest feeling of her life. Unfortunately when Caspar's powers died down she could feel the cold sensation running through her body again. It was a dream to be able to be able to touch people again, it was something so many people took for granted, but...it wasn't her life. She was grateful that Caspar wasn't scared to fix up her wound, he was probably the first (and last) person who'd ever be able to do that and manage to live. Still, if they could figure out how to help control his powers they would have a step above the agents that would be now coming after them. They still had to terminate Quinn and Tae, and they still wanted to apprehend a few of the members of their rag tag team.

Thankfully they made it to the mainland, soon after Jay found them a hotel. Quinn was never rich or anything like that, typically she stayed in cheap hotels in between jobs. She was just thankful that they were letting her stick around? All things considering, she was just trying to kidnap them a few weeks ago and she wasn't sure she'd be kind to someone like her. Or Tae...but, Willow didn't seem to let him get under her skin, so she was sure he was safe. "Quinnie, huh? What am I, the team cat?" The name made her smirk from the small bed she had made in the window sill. Quinn wanted to keep an eye on the window, and she certainly wasn't going to be sleeping in the same bed as anyone. That would be an accident waiting to happen.

The whole week there Quinn wasn't allowed to leave. While she understood the reason why, she was feeling awfully cooped up and wanted nothing more othan to get out of there. Beckett was their only hope in finding the next safe house, but he was too plagued by his nightmares to be able to think of anything. That's where Jay was going to come in, to hopefully help the nightmares go away. "By this time tomorrow we should be headed to the next safehouse, if all goes well with this dream thing. Then you'll be able to see your sister. So just take some deep breaths and focus on the good, yeah?" Would Quinn and Tae take off when they reunited everyone? Who knew. All she knew was, she was endangering them by being there for too long. Their lives were complicated enough without some ex agents hanging around...though she supposed Beckett was an ex agent, too, and they didn't mind being around him.

Willow

"We'll leave the car here so the guy can find it later." As Willow parked the car down the street from the unused safehouse she let out a small sigh. The hour without her powers was terrifying; she had been born with them and had been using them ever since she could remember. Her parents shunned her for them, sent her away to forget about her and had another child that they deemed perfect. Once upon a time ago she cursed them, but then she found Ackermann. He had the same powers she did and he made her believe that they weren't a curse. The thought of being without her powers long term...it was terrifying. She wanted to be like Ackermann and teach everyone that being a mutant isn't a curse, no matter what the power.

When they reached dry land and recovered from the swim they were able to get a hotel using one of the many cards she had. They used the next few days to plan, to try and reach out to the others, and to recuperate. Finally Willow used her powers to 'convince' someone to let her borrow their car to get to the next safehouse. Beckett and Dexter had been there before, it was the house they used before they moved to the one that the agents blew up. It took almost a whole days drive until they made it to the next state to the house, but they had finally made it. Luckily the two didn't seem to fight as much as the other group, Willow tried her best to be as supportive as she could to Tae in this emotional time for him. He had lost the only family he had known, she didn't want him to feel alone.

"This place should be safe, we never had any agents snooping around when we were here last. Dexter and Beckett have been here before, so if we wait for them here then they should eventually show up..." Willow let out a quiet sigh and glanced over at Tae as they made their way up the street to the house. "If you don't have any plans after this you could stick around. I quite enjoy your company. The ocean isn't too far away either. It's just a thought, you could meet more people like you." The pair walked through the gate to the normal looking victorian home, Willow flashing him a small warm smile. "It's just a thought. Your life is yours now, you do whatever you want." With that said she punched in a code to unlock the door.

Dexter

As bad as it sounded Dexter wished that the effects of the dart was permanent. Cami seemed like a whole new person she was so happy, he could have only imagined how happy she was before her powers took hold of her. But, Dexter was raised to believe that mutations were a gift no matter what, he knew that she would appreciate her powers one day, she just had to figure out how to control them effectively. If it ever came down to it he knew that he could open a portal for her so she could redirect the poison, and he figured he'd be able to use that to help her train. She could use all the poison she wanted and it wouldn't kill anyone, so when Dexter wasn't off looking for the others or teleporting them location to location, he was doing his best to help her train. The poison went out into the air in the middle of ocean where no one was around, it was completely safe. They needed to use this time to get her stronger so the agents couldn't use her as a weapon.

Paris was beautiful as ever, London was always nice to visit, and the various cities they went to were always quite the sight. He could see how anxious she was getting towards the end of the week so he took her to one of the cabins his parents owned. It was in a small town buried in the forest right on a lake, it was quiet and remote and perfect place for her to be while he was out exploring.

After his first successful day of adventuring he found himself rather excited to report back to Cami. As soon as he entered the cabin he couldn't help but grin at the woman reading on the couch. "So, I found Willow and Tae. Well, they'll be there when we get there, but I found the location. Beckett's been there before so he should know where to go--that means he'll bring your brother with you. Want to head on over?"

Beckett

"Well I'm fucking sorry, having someone who hates your guts rooting around in your head is kind of terrifying. Sue me." Beckett let out a small grow as he laid on the floor with his eyes closed. After the attack he had been plagued with nightmares to the point he couldn't sleep. He didn't know why. Caspar got them out safe, he knew everyone was safe (he knew Willow would be safe no matter who she was with), and he was rather confident that the agents wouldn't find them. For fucks sake they had been held up in the room for a week and not going outside! Beckett was a rock, he never even so much had a dream before let alone a nightmare...it was unsettling. Jay and him came to this agreement, but that didn't mean he was completely fine with this.

"ALRIGHT. Alright alright alright. I'm going to fucking sleep. Don't fuck me up too bad okay?" With a heavy sigh Beckett left out a long sigh before he was capable of forcing himself to fall asleep. The next thing he knew he was in the same lab room he was always in. Everything was white, pristine, sleek and steel. There was doctors around the table that he was restrained to. His nightmares were when a memory he had suppressed before he had officially woke up with his enhanced powers, it was about the pain and the fear of him being genetically engineered. He woke up and didn't know a thing about his past, who these people were, or what they were doing.

Beckett had been free from his duties as an agent for years, and now that he was suddenly on the run again he couldn't stop his brain from bringing up the only other memory of fear. If he could remember what the nightmare was about there would have been no way he would have let Jay in there. "Don't worry my boy, you've already proven yourself compatible with our altering code. We're going to see how much of you we can strengthen...you'll thank us one day for this. This might hurt." The needles they injected him with were large, the scalpel they cut him open with extremely sharp and painful. He just needed to clear his mind of this memory so he could figure out where they would go next.

Jay Wilson

"Awe you think I care enough about you to hate your guts? That's adorable B." Jay joked with Beckett as she stared down at him with a smirk, "I'm trying to UNfuck you up, remember?" She rolled her eyes and got comfortable leaning against the headboard of the bed as she crossed her arms across her chest. Thankfully it seemed like he fell asleep fairly quickly and before she knew it she caught a glimpse of a pained expression cross his face. Already? Jesus how bad were these dreams of his?

"When I actually go digging around in there I won't be able to see or feel anything in the real world, it's a bit of a set back safety wise so if anything goes on and you need me to wake up make sure to yell, don't shake me or anything because I won't know." Jay spoke across the room to Quinn and Caspar, she didn't expect anything to happen but it was probably better for them to know just in case.

With that all said and done, Jay adjusted once more on the bed and reached out her hand, placing it on Beckett's arm as she began to focus. As she transferred from reality to his dream world her eyes went glowing and her entire body slumped a bit. Then she was in.

It was a lab? Jay turned around a few times, taking in the scene around her. Everything was white and smelled so clean it was honestly creepy. She was in what appeared to be an office, there was a control panel with a lot of different screens and a window that overlooked something. Jay neared the window and scoffed, "Ok B, let's see what we're so afraid of. Science class?" The moment she reached the window she went silent and her face dropped. What the fuck was this? Outside the glass someone was restrained to a table with a group of men in lab coats surrounding them, they were using all sorts of tools and Jay could see bits of blood going down a drain under the operating table. It wasn't hard to quickly connect the dots, this wasn't just a dream it was a memory and that wasn't anyone on the table ... it was Beckett. The image made her stomach turn and for a minute she found it hard to try and leave to room to help.

"Beckett you already went through this remember? Stop making yourself relive it. Le-Let's change this up yeah?" Jay spoke as she entered the room, a few of the doctors turning to look at her in shock as she held up her hand and snapped to make them disappear. She got closer to him and sighed. "You should have told me this was a memory, not just some wild nightmare. Vampires and demons are a lot easier to get rid of rather than real life monsters. I can change things up in here but, it'll always be somewhere and can come back." For once she was actually being kind of nice, who wouldn't be? This was awful. Around the two of them the scene began to change and they found themselves back at Ackermann's house. "Here huh?" She laughed as she turned around to take it all in, it looked like it had before the attack. "I took us somewhere you felt safe. I felt safe here too, I get it."

Looking back at Beckett, Jay gave him an honest smile. "What they did to you was disgusting and scary, but its in the past and you got out of it. Remember how strong you are, how dependable. They don't have shit on you B."

Camille Deveraux

"Wait really?" Cami exclaimed a little too loudly in response to Dexter's news. She was honestly shocked, it was his first real day of looking for them fully and he found Willow. That was actually really impressive, Cami wished she knew how to use her powers well enough to be as good with them as Dexter was with his, though she also supposed his were a lot less deadly than hers were. "U-Uh yeah. Let me just get our stuff together then?" Cami stood from where she had been cozied up on the couch and moved to the corner of the room where they each had a backpack with the clothes and other items they had collected during their travels.

Part of her was actually kind of sad they were leaving this place already, as amazing as all the other cities had been this small little cabin was at the top of her list. It was cozy and made her feel safe, it also helped that Dexter was simply the kindest human she had ever met. Not many others would have done all this to help out a stranger, sure he had his own reasons to meet up with the others too but he could have left her behind like the dead weight she was.

Cami packed away the book she had been reading and grabbed both bags, tossing her own on her back and carrying the other over to Dexter. "Ready." She gave him a soft smile before reaching over and taking his hand like the had a dozen times before. Hopefully wherever they were going next was nice as well, and hopefully Dexter was right about Beckett, this was the longest Cami had been apart from Caspar in years.

tae://

At this point Tae was just blindly following behind Willow, he had no purpose anymore so he might as well use his skills to help her out until he was able to meet back up with Quinn and let her know he was going out on his own. That was the long term plan, Tae was going to return to his home agency and ask that they decommission him officially... But before he did that Quinn at least deserved to know what he was doing. She was different from him and he always knew it, she didn't love the work they did and if she could get out, good for her. Maybe deep down Tae didn't LOVE it either but it was all he was good for so what else would he do now?

"Right." Tae spoke plainly to Willow as they exited the car and began their short walk to the house the mentioned. He rather respected her, she had a good head on her shoulders and her abilities were downright impressive. At least he didn't end up with the worst of company to be around while he waited for his partner to find them. "Yeah well, you guys thought the old house was safe as well." He didn't mean it snidely but it was simply the truth, plus he knew he might as well say it because it wasn't like she couldn't read his thoughts if she wanted anyways.

As they reached the house Willow said something that struck him, do what he wants? Honestly he didn't even know what wants were, what would he want when given the option? He didn't even know. The man had no interests, no hobbies, no friends. He may as well been a robot. "I don't really plan on staying around too long, just enough to make sure Quinn meets back up with you guys. She's a good kid, she never wanted any of this. I hope you all will keep her in your good graces even after all this."

Caspar Deveraux

"If you were a cat, you'd be a super cute one if that helps?" Caspar laughed as he responded to Quinns comment on his little nickname. He made his way to the wall besides the window her makeshift bed was on and leaned against it, peering out the window for a moment before Jay speaking up called his attention over to her. "Sounds good. Do good in there okay? This hotel room is getting smaller by the minute I think." With that he watched as the pink haired womans eyes went glowing white and shortly after her body went limp. The image of it all made Caspar shudder slightly before turning away from the scene and closing his eyes to focus on relaxing once more so his powers didn't act up and ruin it for everyone.

"I'm trying. It's just not like we got the luck of the draw with fun roommates to share this tiny hotel room with ya'know?" Caspar chuckled as he nodded his head over to the two grumpy humans sleeping on the bed. "It's like they both draw the fun out of literally anything." He had to admit he was hoping they did well though, not only because of the sleeping arraignments but because of the fact that he was worried about Cami. She didn't do well on her own in general ever since her mutation showed up, with all the stress of their current situation he only had to assume it was worse.

"Speaking of heading out tomorrow, you should really take the bed tonight Quinn. I get why you couldn't share with anyone but I can take the window for one night. When were traveling you will be a LOT more useful than I am so you should really try and get a good nights rest."

Willow

Contrary to what Tae must have thought about Willow, she didn’t go digging around peoples heads if she didn’t need to. She already knew Tae and considering all he had gone through and done for the group she was showing him at least that much respect. “Well, funny you should mention the old house.” As the pair entered the home she turned around to him with a small smile on her face. He could laugh in her face, reject her offer, or even get angry. Or he could accept. “Ackermann allows me to do as I see fit to protect everyone. I can do most things by myself, but I’m not strong. You’re everything I’m not. You have heightened senses like your smell, and hearing. Given recent…events, I think our home needs security. Seeing as you are recently unemployed, I implore you to reconsider leaving. Our people need you, I need you.”

Willow began to take tarps off of the furniture in the living room, the windows opening as she did so to let some air in. “Quinn will be welcomed to stay as long as she wishes, your answer won’t change that. But I hope you do consider my offer. If you were to go back and say, offer to decommission yourself, I think I’d be heartbroken. Just the fact that you want us to look after Quinn shows how much of a good person you are.” Slowly she folded up the tarps and tossed them on the floor, turning to face him once more. “The pay is great, you’ll get your own room. I’m a decent cook, and the company around the house is always interesting. You’ll make use of your powers and you won’t have strict missions all of the time. Our goal here is always no bloodshed… What are your thoughts? You’ll have time to get to know yourself, maybe even develop a hobby or two. And if nothing else, protecting people could be your new purpose instead of hunting them down.” Silently she prayed that he would accept his offer, but if he didn’t she would just try harder to convince him.

Last edited:
Quinn

She’d be a cute cat? Why did that make her face heat? She quickly shook off his comment and took a small breath. Of course she’d be cute! Cute and deadly, it was kind of her MO. “I’m not allowed to shake anyone sleeping or not, I’ll be sure to yell real loud there Jay.” Quinn gave a small smirk over at the pink haired girl as she laid down and started doing whatever the hell she was doing. Hopefully this helped, hopefully they could find Tae (and Willow), and hopefully Tae and her could leave. Being around all of these people made her wish that her powers were something normal and not so terrifying.

Quinn tuned back into the room as Caspar approached her on her window perch to look outside. As he took a jab at the unconscious duo she couldn’t help but let out a small laugh, her smirk turning into a smile. “Maybe that’s their underlying power? Suck the gun out of literally everything. I’d kill for a power like that.” Did those words just come from her mouth? She didn’t mean it. Quinn was incredibly grateful for the powers she had. If her body hadn’t formed this mutation she would have been dead years ago by her parents hands. “I, uh, that’s not what I meant…” Quinn looked back out the window to try and refocus her thoughts.

“Sure, I’ll crash in the bed for a night. But the windowsill isn’t so bad, I’ve slept on worse.” The beds at the base when going through training were like jail cell beds, at least the sill she spruced up with some blankets and pillows. “I’d offer to teach you self defense, maybe some combat training, but I think Beckett’s a little more qualified for something like that. Hell, even Tae could teach you. Probably anybody but me. You and your sister are new to this stuff, right? Some training wouldn’t hurt when you’re reunited.” Quinn was skilled in hand to hand combat but she wouldn’t want anything to happen. One accidental touch and they’d be dead, and she wouldn’t be able to live with the guilt of harming these fine people. Especially Caspar, he was always being nice to her despite her affiliations and powers.

Beckett

This was Beckett’s life for so many years. He had no before memory, all he knew was the cold steel, the sharp scalpels, the burning of the injections. They experimented on the man to make him the perfect mutant, if that was an actual thing. Maybe that’s why they were after him, and maybe that’s why he suppressed all of these memories. Still, he just laid there in silence as they preformed the experiments. This was his life, this would be how he died. That is, until he heard a familiar voice. “Jay?” His heart began to pound. God, he never thought he’d be so excited to hear her voice. The men in white coats disappeared at the snap of her fingers and he felt his heart skip a beat. “S-Shit, you really did it.” The holes in his arms cleared up and it allowed him to free himself of his restraints.

“Listen if I knew it was a memory I would have let you know. Ok? I-I don’t remember this shit. Now do you get why?” He knew Jay had to have a rough life, but this wasn’t just a memory of a rough patch in his life. This was fucking torture that he suppressed, hence the sudden nightmares he couldn’t remember. “It’ll be fine once Quinn and Tae are gone, I’m sure of it. Or if you have any tips or charms to keep this shit away I’d love to hear it.”

Suddenly he wasn’t on the table anymore. Instead they were in the house he considered his home. These people always accepted him no matter how big of an altered freak he was, it was where he met Jay. Truth be told he valued her as a person, she had been through some shit but she was resilient and kept going. She was a survivor like him, and now here she was saving him from…well, himself.

The smile she shone made his heart do something funny. His cheeks heated and he quickly looked away out of the window of the house. Too bad this was just a dream. “I, uh, thanks. I think I can remember where the safe house is now. We’re not too far. Let’s head there tomorrow.” Beckett took a deep breath and let out a long sigh. “I owe you one. Just one, OK?” And with that said and done Beckett’s real life body jolted up from its laying position, his heart pounding loudly in his chest. “Fuck. I’m back?” Caspar and Quinn were standing near each other and for some reason he was still flustered after that smile if Jay’s. “Oh, you two are so cute it makes me sick. Get a room. We head out bright and early.”

With that said Beckett B-lined it for the bathroom so he could take a cold shower and ground himself once more.

Dexter

“Take your time, they’re probably just arriving.” Dexter flashed her a cheerful smile as he grabbed a water off of the counter and chugged it. Time travel and teleporting took a lot out of him, though he never let anybody know that. What other use would he have other than that? He was born just to have these powers after all. Well, not really, but his parents were set up for Dexters sole creation purpose. Too bad that his parents and him were on the run from those exact people. “You know Willow is great at helping people train with their powers. Seriously, people that would burn down houses just from sneezing leave that house with complete control. She can get in your head and figure out things that can help you. She’s just like Ackermann, he’s been doing this forever now. You and your brother will be in good hands at the new house.”

It was kind of sad ending their traveling escapades. All these years it had just been Dexter searching for his parents, and despite the fact that they were on the run he was rather enjoying his time with Cami. She was a bright star that was dimmed because of her powers, but that didn’t have to be a forever thing. She would conquer this in no time, that he was sure of. “Hey, thanks.” He flashed her his normal charming smile as he took his backpack from her. “You ready?” Dexter gently took her hand and he snapped his fingers, a portal appearing underneath the two of them.

The pair fell through the portal and they landed on their feet in the entryway of the home. There they could see Tae and Willow having some sort of discussion in the next room. The home was very similar to the last house; old, Victorian, and big. “See? They just got here. Hey love birds the others will arrive in the morning. Just a heads up. What do we have to eat? I’m starving.” His large hand released Cami’s and he smiled down at her. “Any requests for food? It’ll take me five minutes tops, but you know that already.” It was weird to be around someone this much, and he’d be lying if he said he wouldn’t miss the one on one time.

All good things had to end at some point though. That was what life was about, and that’s why Dexter avoided the real world by portal jumping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back