• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Ace Combat: Rebirth of Razgriz OOC Discussion

Sort of both. I was looking for ideas on it since a huge part of the AC franchise is motif.

That's an interesting course of action. I like it.

I'll start diving into various cultural mythology as well a bit later today to see if I can find anything that would sound good.

That's an interesting course of action. I like it.

I'll start diving into various cultural mythology as well a bit later today to see if I can find anything that would sound good.

That's great. Let me know if you find anything. I'll still keep my idea of using the Gabriel Hounds of the Wild Hunt an option. It seems like a very Ace Combat-y thing.

Whisker Whisker SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Hammer Troll Hammer Troll Windsock Windsock LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Commissar Darman Commissar Darman

I have found a few interesting mythological names to throw in for the idea pool for our squadron, so here they are:

* Belial: Often known as the antithesis to God (another name for Samael or Satan) across certain variations of both Christian and Jewish text

* Sylph: Invisible Spirits of the Air which would be good for our characters if they all adopt the reflective coating that Kasumi's plane has making them harder to see since the sun's light obscures their profile to the human eye (and tinting their cockpit to absorb the reflected light so they can fly together without causing any confusion or hurting one another's eyes before the fight even begins)

* Manticore: A Flying Chimera-like creature, relentless and devours every trace of its prey including possessions so that nothing is left

* Erinyes: Deities of Vengeance, also sometimes known as Infernal Goddesses which would be good for a later leg of the adventure.

So those are my four main ideas. What do you guys think?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Also for you guys, I have the first three Arcs of the story vaguely mapped out and I wanted to know what your opinions on it are at this point in time. There will be many more Arcs to cover beyond this, so don't worry. This is far from the end.

So here we go:

Arc 1

Act One

* Character introductions and getting to know the squad since they've only been a squadron officially for around 4-6 months and haven't actually had a mission together outside of basic reconnaissance flights during which nothing except casual chit chat occurs.

* Training to disaster - Throwback to AC5 where a training mission turns into a life-or-death struggle against unidentified enemy forces which cross into Osean airspace and are unresponsive to communications before suddenly opening fire on us.

- Flight lead shot down and killed which forces our group hierarchy to change and one of us to become the new flight lead (we will decide this together later on).

Act Two

* New Squad Formation - Once all the details are hammered out OOC, we'll transfer it IC and the squad's new formation and hierarchy will be established.

* First Flight - Our first real mission that's not a counterattack against a surprise enemy assault.

- Mission Critical - The first mission we fly becomes extremely dangerous as new enemy Aces enter the skies and the land/sea forces just keep coming.

- Mission Failure - The Osean military is pushed back all the way to shore losing over 60% of its defensive line in the incoming enemy onslaught and our characters are forced to flee.

Act Three - Retreat: Exactly what it sounds like. After the failure to protect the coastline our characters are forced to retreat against pursuing enemy forces to a safer location where the enemy has to turn back due to fuel consumption while we make it back to base to resupply.

Arc 2

Act One

* Regroup - After the retreat, Osean forces regroup and continue communication as to how to proceed. It is determined that Osea will seek Usea's aid since it was discovered that the attacking forces were a combination of both Yuktobanian and Anean forces. Against both of them Osea has little hope of victory.

* Rendezvous - Our forces consolidate at Dryden, a city deep within the Bannion Sea outside the range of incoming enemy forces. There we receive communication that Usea has accepted Osea's call to aid, as has Belka and Sapin who are sending reinforcements to the Capital City of Oured where they will then make their way to the battle front.

- A New Ally - The first of the reinforcements arrive, and it's a Belkan Ace Squadron which quickly befriends our own characters and acts sort of as mentors to us for the next leg of our journey.

* A New Network - With the reinforcements now bolstering our numbers, a new network of communication is established when it becomes theorized that Yuktobania has been listening in on Osean communications via one of their new spy satellites. New frequencies are established for radio communication, and a new telegraph code is created.

- Communication Is Key - Our characters and the Belkan Ace squadron which are assigned to assist us begin to have communication errors in the next operation to defend the Eaglin Straits. One of the Aces is shot down, but bails out, and two of our own are shot down (to be determined later). Tensions begin to rise.

Act Two

* The Plan - With the enemy temporarily pushed back the allied forces move to create a plan of attack. It begins with a spearhead movement with the best ground/air forces taking up the center and the rest taking up flank positions along either side across a roughly 30 mile radius from the central unit. The maneuver is designed to break the enemy's line of defense and scatter them across a wider area to allow for more control of the battle space.

* Strike Back - The mission begins, and our skills and trust in one another are tested once again as communication begins to falter

- Hit Where It Hurts - With the enemy successfully split down the middle, we are given orders to strike directly at the heart of the enemy's attack force: The Super Carrier Bahamut.

* Break Through The Line - Before we can reach the Bahamut, we need to break through the enemy's final wall of defense which includes four battleships and two enemy Ace squadrons. Our allies rally and begin the assault as our own squad and our friendly Ace Squadron take to higher altitude to avoid the bulk of the fight and break through to the Bahamut.

- Flight To Freedom - Bahamut is located and engaged, but its defenses prove too much even for our combined efforts. Once again we are forced to retreat, this time in victory as the enemy's landing forces were decimated and one of their key supply vessels sunk by another allied unit elsewhere during the battle. Our forces retreat to Dryden once more to land, refuel, and rest.

Act Three

* Fire Underfoot - Before Osea and Usea can begin working on their next move, it is discovered that Oceanview City just across the bay from Newport City is being attacked by unknown forces seemingly unaffiliated with the Yuktobanian and Anean militaries.

- A City In Flames - Our characters and our friendly Ace Squadron are deployed to Oceanview City but arrive too late as the city is already in flames and all traces of the enemy responsible have vanished.

* Collateral Damage - The death toll from the attack comes in at a devastating 20,000 with an estimated 45,000 injured or missing. In the wake of this attack by unknown and seemingly invisible forces, Osea calls for a temporary ceasefire with Yuktobania and Anea. The ceasefire is accepted as both Yuktobania and Anea deny any responsibility for the attack on the civilian population.

* The Body Count Rises - Two weeks after the destruction of Oceanview City, November City is targeted by the mysterious enemy forces. Again we are deployed, this time with a much larger force, and again we are too late as the city is in flames and November Stadium seems to have been the first target of the enemy assault as it too lies in ruins.

Act Four - The Losses Begin

* As our characters reel from the assault on November City, the enemies responsible finally make their appearance. But this is no ordinary enemy, and neither are their weapons ordinary. These enemies fly with experimental aircraft (Super Planes) and experimental weaponry (such as the Portable Rail Gun) and they absolutely decimate our forces.

Arc 3

Act One

* Blood Runs Red, Pain Runs Deep - This is going to be part of a major character arc for Kasumi, and it involves the death of her older brother Daisuke who is among our allies forces during this next mission. This Act takes place in a follow up battle we have with the new and powerful hidden enemy who fly no flags or use any identifying symbols. Kasumi is devastated and caught off guard by her brother's death and her plane is shot down as a result. She ejects, but her parachute tears shortly before she touches down causing her extensive injuries upon impact.

- For The Fallen - With Daisuke gone from her world, Kasumi begins to suffer an emotional breakdown. Her own injuries are healing well, but the doctors are uncertain if she'll ever fly again due to her psychological stress and anxiety. The rest of the group will likely do what they can to help, but for the most part all they can do is watch as Kasumi breaks down.

** ((If you couldn't tell, this is where the story has an extended lull in the action to give our characters a chance to be regular people again instead of fighter pilots))

* Retribution - Kasumi is given a clean bill of health and discharged from the hospital, but her mental state is still called into question by her superiors though she denies any significant changes to her efficiency in the air. She is acting normally and apologizing to everyone for worrying them, so it seems everything is all right. She rejoins her squad in the sky as they are deployed once again to confront this new enemy who are now attacking Yuktobanian and Anean forces at Port St. Hewlett.

- Darkness Clouds The Heart - Kasumi's denial of any significant changes to her efficiency in the air come crashing down as she begins behaving erratically and violently in the air from the moment the mission begins and she's given clearance to engage. She mercilessly targets the enemy forces and even shoots already downed aircraft and destroyed ground vehicles out of spite. But her biggest demonstration of a change is when she begins opening fire on enemy foot soldiers fleeing these downed vehicles who are completely defenseless against her plane's armaments. When called out by the rest of the squad, as well as other allied forces, she threatens their lives if they interfere.

* Wings Are Replaceable - Kasumi is grounded by the higher ups for her behavior and her plane confiscated and put under guarded lock and key to make sure she can't reach it or take off with it. She is forced into psychological rehabilitation and is removed from the squadron's roster seemingly on a permanent basis. Her place in the squad will be taken over by another NPC whom I will be controlling at that time.

Act Two

* Finding The Light

- This is Kasumi's recovery period, and she will be out of action and out of the spotlight for the next few missions.

- The first mission now takes place back in November City which is still undergoing reconstruction after the previous attack. Yuktobania and Anea have retreated across the ocean to tend to their own losses by the new enemy's assault and have called a truce with Osea until this mess is sorted out. With those two out of the way, Osea and her allies focus their attention on this new threat which seems to have been deployed from somewhere in the North along the Ceres coastline. The mission involves our forces attacking a few fortified installations along the coast which are believed to belong to this mysterious force, but this theory is proven wrong when it turns out that the ground forces (who are infiltrating the establishments) encounter allied Osean troops who claim no knowledge of what's going on or why they're being attacked.

--------------------------------------------------------
As you guys can see this is where my ideas have come to a halt, but it's also where the major conspiracies begin to pile up as it becomes less and less clear who the real enemy is and, worse still, who the real heroes are in this scenario. Is it us? Is it Osea? Is it Yuktobania and Anea? Is it Belka and Usea? Who is really at fault and who is really fighting to return things to normal?

The story will continue for a good while after this point, but this is where I plant to start ramping things up in terms of drama.

What do you guys think?

I'm fine with Manticore to Erinyes.

I also enjoy the amount of thought you've put into the story. It's really good.

Seems that Manticore is the most popular choice, so we'll go with that for now. The Squadron name can always change later on as the story changes.

And thanks for the compliment Whisker. I always do my best to bring substance to the RP without leaving too much to chance.

I have taken a look at everyone's character sheets and below is what I see so far.

If there is a TBC, that means "To Be Completed." And if there's a TBC, that means that whatever it's accompanying does not conform to the character sheet requirements yet in your profile.

Do take to heart that I won't begin the RP until everyone is ready, so please don't feel you have to rush anything if you're not done yet. You have plenty of time. This post is just so everyone's on the same page and we all know who's done and who's still working.

Complete:

* Whisker Whisker
* Commissar Darman Commissar Darman

Incomplete:

* LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 - Main Profile Image, Personality, and Biography TBC
* Hammer Troll Hammer Troll - Personality TBC
* Gyrwulf Gyrwulf - Biography TBC
* Windsock Windsock - Main Profile Image and Biography TBC
* SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV - Main Profile Image, Personality, and Biography TBC

Thank you, and good luck as you continue finishing the profiles! I'll be waiting for everyone to tell me when they're done.

Hello! At the request of ChoShadow ChoShadow to introduce myself, I am making this post. Thanks Commissar Darman Commissar Darman for bring this rp to my attention. Like most of you here I love the ace combat series as well. I look forwarded to rping with everyone here.

Mission complete. Now for the cs.

Hello! At the request of ChoShadow ChoShadow to introduce myself, I am making this post. Thanks Commissar Darman Commissar Darman for bring this rp to my attention. Like most of you here I love the ace combat series as well. I look forwarded to rping with everyone here.

Mission complete. Now for the cs.

I recall you from the original as well. Welcome back.

Hey guys!

So below I've provided an updated list to those who are finished with their characters. For those who are still working on their characters please do try to get them done by the end of the week as I'd like to get us moving along as quickly as possible. I'm sure those who are finished are eager to begin as well.

I'd like us all to begin the RP at the same time. But if anyone thinks it's fine to begin now with the three who are finished with their profiles and let the others catch up and come in on their own time we can do that too.

Please let me know your preference everyone! Shall we start together or is it okay for those who are ready to begin now?

And just a quick final note: I won't be online on Friday due to insane work scheduling, but I'll be back in full swing by Saturday evening.

Finished

* Whisker Whisker
* LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87
* Hammer Troll Hammer Troll
* Gyrwulf Gyrwulf

Unfinished

* SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV (Same as before)
* Windsock Windsock (Same as before)
* Razgriz Razgriz - Waiting to see something from you (and as always if you need help just ask)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Would be good to at least get the ball rolling especially since I'm off work this week ... It's whatever the others want to do though. Perhaps a tentative start date?

Gyrwulf should have his finished tonight. he would have had it done last night but we got carried away purging Xenos in Eternal crusade. sorry, that was my fault.

I recall you from the original as well. Welcome back.
Yes, I was. I didn't mention it because I wasn't sure I would be recognized. I haven't been around on rpnation lately or in any rps for while.
Hey guys!

So below I've provided an updated list to those who are finished with their characters. For those who are still working on their characters please do try to get them done by the end of the week as I'd like to get us moving along as quickly as possible. I'm sure those who are finished are eager to begin as well.

I'd like us all to begin the RP at the same time. But if anyone thinks it's fine to begin now with the three who are finished with their profiles and let the others catch up and come in on their own time we can do that too.

Please let me know your preference everyone! Shall we start together or is it okay for those who are ready to begin now?

And just a quick final note: I won't be online on Friday due to insane work scheduling, but I'll be back in full swing by Saturday evening.

Finished

* Whisker Whisker
* LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87
* Hammer Troll Hammer Troll

Unfinished

* SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV (Same as before)
* Windsock Windsock (Same as before)
* Gyrwulf Gyrwulf (Same as before)
* Razgriz Razgriz - Waiting to see something from you (and as always if you need help just ask)

Thank you!
I am working on it. I would like to finish it today, but I am not sure it will be done. I am very excited for the rp and would like it to start soon. As such I am trying to finish the cs as quickly as possible, but I am not going to rush so much that the quality of it drops.

Hammer Troll Hammer Troll Commissar Darman Commissar Darman Whisker Whisker LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Windsock Windsock Gyrwulf Gyrwulf Razgriz Razgriz

Okay. So I've chosen to start the RP for those who are on the "Finished" list.

If you're not there yet, don't worry. I gave us plenty of time IC to get things settled and all of us together later for our briefing before our flight. But remember that until I put you on the "Finished" list and give you the go-ahead, you may not post to the IC section.

For those who are finished, have at it!

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back