• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
GrieveWriter GrieveWriter and FoolsErin FoolsErin

Andrew yelped, and, in his shock, activated his power. In a flash, he was now a she, with longer hair, softer features, and a higher voice. "God damnit!!" She growled, crossing her arms to cover her chest. I fucking hate this power.

Emily Wilks
Interaction: Andrea ( Pirate-King-Kyper Pirate-King-Kyper ) Jasmine ( FoolsErin FoolsErin )
CCnt3QEWgAAlOBd.png
Emily had been glancing between the two students, eyes travelling from the boy to the girl as she studied their responses. What she got for it was a flash as the boy was suddenly replaced by a girl. She'd been looking towards Greenie at the time, only catching the edge of what happened as it was too fast. But sure enough a woman stood in the place of the boy, seemingly very grouchy about it. She was now starting to lean more towards the reality show thing, as that timing was a little too perfect. For the crew to know exactly when to step in and replace the guy, they'd have to have cameras on her at all times. But did they replace the guy? Or was he just an extremely talented dress-up artist who was fully capable off swapping between sets of clothes really fast?

The mere fact that Emily couldn't tell was a testament to their capability. But if they thought that was enough to throw her off her game, then they'd be dead wrong.

Cooing at the occurrence, Emily wasted no time in looking her over "Well Holy High-speed Swappin'" she said more to herself than anything "you can just do that? Nice~"

She glanced towards Greenie "And here I am about to brag up and down about the power of tunes." she gestured back towards the agitated girl "But an instant gender-swap? Now that's where the real power is. You do secret spy stuff with that, or what?"

Emily Wilks
Interaction: Andrea ( Pirate-King-Kyper Pirate-King-Kyper ) Jasmine ( FoolsErin FoolsErin )​

Emily took note of the agitation the recently swapped girl showed, humming with interest. Of course actors would have to respond as their characters would, she didn't know what she expected. But the audience to whatever show her band had put her on would definitely get more kicks out of witty dialogue and wordplay. Emily thought from a moment as she gave a simple step back and raised her hands to her sides innocently.

"Woah, scary eyes there."
she clapped her hands together and gave a short bow "Sorry sorry. Just a bit excited for the whole freaky school of wonder and whimsy thing."

She glanced towards the school building with an appreciative smirk before turning back to the two girls "Never really got to interact with people who got wacky magic stuff going on, didn't really think I had anything like that until the letter. So this is all kinda new to me, ya know?"

"Well, while it can be a pain at times, I am glad to know he cares at least. After hearing about how abusive some of our ancestors were..." Steve shuddered briefly at the thought. "I don't know what kind of mother calls her daughter a 'heifer' every day or breaks a plate across her son's head. So... It's better than the reverse extreme when you think about it." It really is better than the reverse. And I probably just put my foot in my mouth. Of course I did, like a dumbass.
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Jasmine Heartston
Interaction: Panicking as GrieveWriter GrieveWriter and Pirate-King-Kyper Pirate-King-Kyper ask her questions she doesn't know if she wants to answer

"I...erm...well..."

Jasmine didn't quite know why it was so hard to tell this guy she could communicate with and manipulate plants. It was a simple sentence, communicating a simple idea. Yet, when her mouth began to move to say it, her memory screamed a different message than what was demanded socially. Years of bullying, being asked what the hell she was doing, and being called a freak said that she shouldn't bother. That despite this guy's innocent curiosity, the fact she was in a place where her gift would be more accepted, and her previously held confidence a few seconds prior, that telling him about her leafspeak wouldn't end well. Thankfully, a savior came in a girl barging into the starting conversation. It would've been a relief, had she not asked a nigh-identical question to the one she'd been hoping to avoid. The fact that this girl's eyes reminded her of one of the girls that'd tormented and bullied her throughout the school years wasn't helping either. Yet again circumstance saved her, however, as the surprise newcomer surprised the guy enough that he...changed gender? Wait, what pronouns was she supposed to refer to them as now? Seeing her chance to escape, Jasmine awkwardly nodded along to the additional questions posed by the two, then sputtered out,

"Well...I....uh...gotta do..dorm stuff...see you guys later!"

Quickly walking away before either of them could produce a protest, she hurried into the school. She let out a sigh of both relief and sadness. Relieved to leave that conversation, and sad to be cut off from the harmony of voices outside. That dorm excuse hadn't been just an excuse, though. Shuffling over to the woman at the desk near the front, she collected her lanyard and keycard after a short, awkward conversation that to Jasmine felt like an eternity. Heading east, the mild panic from before simmered to an uneasy calm as she walked through the semi-empty hallway towards the dorms. Not everyone was in a hurry to get to the dorms, and that was both a relief and a bit of a nerve-wrecker. She wasn't an active watcher of horror movies, but the ones she had viewed had instilled a small fear of being in a spooky place alone. Thankfully her lonely trek didn't result in an ax murderer hacking off her head, and she was free to enter her dorm. Immediately, she noticed that the right bed had already been claimed by a bag haphazardly tossed onto it. It seemed her roommate had already been here. The thought of living with someone who might pry into her life and try to strike up a conversation when she least expected it made her a little uncomfortable, but that thought was quickly soothed by the idea of someone who was equally uninterested in other people as she was. Jasmine greatly hoped she was paired by someone leaning more towards the latter.

Deciding to get straight to unpacking and not bother with putting it off, she carefully set down her suitcase in a place she wouldn't trip over in the middle of the night. Rather than immediately getting to sorting her clothes out, she opened a special compartment in her suitcase that was padded with a thin layer of bubble wrap. Carefully removing the object, she sighed a breath of relief as her most prized possession was removed relatively safely from its containment. A potted plant, carefully wrapped in plastic wrap to prevent a soil-coated mess. It was a marigold, several-some generations away from the first seeds she'd planted in a styrofoam cup in first grade. She'd cared for the plants for years, naming them, planting their seeds....this pot was brimming with memories, good and bad. This particular marigold she'd named Marie, and it had one thing to say.

"Travel not fun."

Jasmine released a sigh mixed with a bit of a laugh as she carefully removed the plastic keeping the flower in relatively one piece. Gently patting the small bits of soil that'd gotten loose back into the pot, she placed her friend in one of the dorm's windows, taking a moment to admire the sunny spot. Feeling a bit better, Jasmine began dealing with the usual concerns of travel. She didn't see a dresser or anywhere to put her clothes at first, so she just decided to sort her clothes within her suitcase until she figured it out. Turning her attention to the mess of clothes piled within the suitcase, she pulled out a turquoise t-shirt with a light magenta star on the front. She held it up to her face, taking a deep smell of the familiar scents of home, her step-mother's house. Take-out Chinese food, lavender air freshener, and homemade mint tea. Jasmine felt a wave of melancholy and homesickness as she thought of her step-mom's warm smile and encouraging words as she showed her the letter about the academy. She felt the warmth of salty tears creeping down her face, not noticing the visibility of her sadness until Marie piped,

"Face is leaking!"

Emily Wilks
Interaction: Andrea ( Pirate-King-Kyper Pirate-King-Kyper )
Mention: Jasmine ( FoolsErin FoolsErin )
CCnt3QEWgAAlOBd.png
Emily snickered at the question, and was about to answer when Greenie seemed to get cold feet and make a break for it. Emily merely waved goodbye after her, "See ya later sweetie!"

With that done, she thought back to the question. Whatever story-line these television folk were setting up, the audience definitely would need context. Emily didn't know whether the clips would explain her acceptance or whether this actor was trying to bait her into explaining it herself, but Emily assumed that the show staff were better at making shows than she was. She'd trust this performer's judgement and follow her plot-line until it got boring. But that didn't mean she couldn't have fun with it.

"Now about my power," Emily feigned a hum of thought before raising one finger and tapping the side of her head "as I said, it's all thanks to the power of music~"

She struck a pose, dramatically gazing towards the school before saying, "Is what I assume. I'm just a singer, but I got the message so apparently I'm supposed to be here."

Walking in a circle, Emily began speaking in tune "On the note there were no quotes on the power I own, just a statement of a placement in a nondescript tone."

She paused and shrugged at the girl, "So in truth I'm only here because of quite the mistake, but with an offer like that how could I not partake?"

She frowned at the end there, her final rhyme conflicting greatly with the tone of the band. She'd just started singing for a giggle, but as she thought of the potential viewers at home who were watching, she wondered if some silly rhymes like that could break immersion with the theme her band chose. Iron Reaper wouldn't be caught dead making dandies like that, but Emily was hoping seeing her with her mask off and smiling like this had already created enough of a gap for the more... devoted fans.

"Without knowing what I could really be here for, I'm completely new to this whole magic and wizardry stuff." Emily gestured towards the school and the other students within her sight "Just doing my best to adapt and everything."

alosk
Interaction: Steve Freeling Steve Freeling
feeling mork disappear somewhere alosk breathed a sigh of relief that she had gone then again steve said next was definitely a bit morbid "well... I suppose it is... i don't know how someone could do that to there own kids.... wow.." alosk frowned his rather happy expression had quickly faded away thanks to steves comment "umm... maybe change of subject... umm.. sooo what power or whatever got you accepted here? because of mine sort of sucks"

1566799856563.png
Mork
interactions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
having charged up form alosk. mork decided to take her leave if the situation teleporting away to see if she could snag any other little trinkets, one girl caught her attention in particular, she seemed to be talking to herself? or at least thinking she was on some tv show mork laughed at that idea it was soo cute how silly the human was, of course a dumb human would be easy pickings. teleporting herself next to the girl she appeared with a smile "hi why are you talking to yourself? you seem kinda odd, i mean anyone would think your crazy" mork hope she would get distracted responding so she could possibly grab the contents of her pockets.

Steve thought Alosk's reaction was understandable. That's probably not a very good subject to discuss with someone you've just met. Then Alosk asked what his power was.
"I'm not exactly su-" Before he could finish his sentence, Steve saw something black and slinky crawl along the ground to his right.
"Snake!" He skidded to the left, his blue eyes wide with fear.
"I hate snakes! Get the hell away from me!" No sooner had he said and thought it than the snake launched into the air, struggling against the wind before its neck snapped as it dropped dead at the peak of one of the mountains. Steve looked stupefied at what had happened, his eyes wide with shock.
"...did I do that?"

Last edited:
GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

"So, you don't know?" She said, squinting at her confused. That was probably the most confusing answer she could have been given, and she wasn't a fan. "Why wouldn't you just say you don't know your power and be done with it?"

Emily Wilks
Interaction: Andrea ( Pirate-King-Kyper Pirate-King-Kyper ) Mork ( Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
CCnt3QEWgAAlOBd.png
Emily smirked before pulling her hands from her pockets and giving a shrug, so they still weren't done with the introductory faze? She squashed that idea, they weren't live right now. Shows like this often cut together the best parts to keep it concise between segments. Most conversations like this were just to find what takes would be best for setting the context. She'd seen similar things done to videos of her band. It was why they had three cameras rolling on them minimum for every show.

"And turn down a chance to see all this freaky-deaky stuff? Nah." Emily shook her head before a raising a finger to her lips "I get to see a bunch of mystical stuff, take a break from touring, make some new pals."

She whipped her lanyard from her pocket and spun it around her finger before catching it out of the air and grinning "The rooms here seem pretty solid too, I'd be crazy to turn down an offer like that."

Lowering the key and looking up a bit, Emily placed her hands back in her jacket pockets "Besides, I don't know any of this stuff. I'm in no place to dismiss a school's ruling, if they want to ship me out for free room & board and entertaining kookiness then all's good."

Her eyes returned to the girl's, only for someone else to be there already. Emily took a step back, sure that it had only been the two of them before she looked up. Another case of her blind-spots being taken advantage of no-doubt. This new addition quickly began speaking, one of their concerns immediately standing out to Emily.

"To myself?" Emily looked to the boy-girl swapper she'd been talking to and immediately grew curious. There was no way this girl couldn't see her, but was that the joke? The green girl was definitely speaking to her first, so Emily had just started speaking like it was nothing. Either this girl was blatantly blind or... oh, now that was a neat idea. Smirking, Emily understood this without a doubt. The guys behind the show were trying to convince her of wacky stuff already. Well, there was no harm in playing along with expectation.

"Oh.... does your power not only swap genders but also swap planes of reality?" Emily wondered aloud while jerking a thumb to the new girl "If she can't see you then was the whole thing some kinda illusion stuff?"

Snickering, Emily shook her head and began speaking dramatically "Or perhaps this is the reason I was called to the school, an ability to see people beyond the scope of the average mortal's vision."

She began snickering to herself.

alosk
Alosk had to admit he was startled by the random attack snake at first he thought it was one of his demon tag along but....that particular shadowy creature was sitting happy in his shadow so... yeah that was a snake, that got its neck snapped like a twig, and thrown into who knows where, alosk expression became that of surprised excitement “yeah that was all on you either you can control wind or it’s like telekinesis”

Mork
interactions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Pirate-King-Kyper Pirate-King-Kyper
Mork laughed at the reaction form the other human she hadn’t noticed probably her single mindedness getting in the way again oh well it was hilarious “ honestly I have no idea what your on about I can see there another person now I guess I’m just a little single minded that all” generating a small portal next to herself mork stuck her hand through it, a second portal appearing above Andrea’s head morks Hand sticking through ruffling there hair “yeah i can touch them too” the second portal closed, opening Emily head instead ruffling her head “yeah and I can touch you too so no dimensional shanaigans, well aside form my own” mork started laughing again

"Wow. I did that." A smirk broke out on Steve's face. "Finding it a liiittle unsettling that I might have the same power as Tetsuo Shima, though." All joking aside, I have no desire to end up the same way he did. Then he realized something.
"Oh! We were supposed to go find the dorms right away, weren't we? Let's see..." Steve produced a paper from his left pocket that contained all of his information while walking toward the entrance and wheeling his suitcase along. "There." He showed Alosk the section with his dorm number written on it. "That's my dorm. What's yours?"

Last edited:
Emily Wilks
Interaction: Andrea ( Pirate-King-Kyper Pirate-King-Kyper ) Mork ( Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 ) Jasmine ( FoolsErin FoolsErin )
CCnt3QEWgAAlOBd.png
This time Emily watched carefully, smirk spreading wide as the girl was startled by the new arrival's presence. Whatever special effects were being used had to be top tier with how quick it was. The flash did leave the actual occurrences up for debate, but Emily wasn't one to prod. Instead, she merely watched as some more performances were put into play. The new arrival put on a show of playing with portals, yet another feat easily replicable as long as the crew had their timing down. That didn't mean Emily was any less impressed by the work that must've gone into making it authentic, joining the other actor with a small applause even as a hand found her head as well.

But before she could focus on the details of how they could make a trick like this succeed, she noticed another through line that seemed to hang about the Swapper, "Eh? So you change when you're startled?" Emily noted before muttering to herself "Aw, that kinda takes away from the cool factor but I guess it makes reactions funnier for-"

She paused, taking note of the time by glancing at the sky, "Actually, I'll save that for later."

Putting her hands back in her pockets, Emily turned and made for the school, approaching a small set of steps before turning and waving back at her new friends "Kinda got distracted by the whole meeting powered up peeps like you guys, but I'm pretty sure there's only so much time until orientations or something."

She began ascending backwards up the stairs, waving goodbye as she did so, "So save the rest of the cool details on those powers ya'll got for later. I've got all the time in the-WOAH!"

Her boot had slipped on one of the steps, and soon Emily flailed as her body wobbled on the stairs. Luckily, she managed to catch her balance before she could take a tumble, and promptly began laughing at herself before jerking a thumb in her direction "Name's Emily, and we'll have all the time for sharing juicy stuff later, ciao~!"

She turned and made for the building a with a skip in her step, eager to get to the next scene of this grand story the producers were writing around her. So far she was impressed by the quality going into this production. These guys were definitely getting her number once she made the requisite revenge scheme for her pals for setting this up.

She made her way back to her dorm with little problem, opening the door to find that the writing staff had placed yet another convenience in her way for the day. For who else would be in the room but Green girl herself, busying herself with what seemed like a rousing round of smell clothes and cry.

Emily wasn't going to focus on that, instead giving a small "Oh? Didn't think I'd be finding you again until after Orientation at least." With a shrug, Emily let the door close behind her as she sauntered over to her discarded bag "Guess fate just had other ideas, a running theme no doubt."

She was about halfway through unzipping it when she took note of a couple of things that Green Girl's presence had distracted her from. The plant now resting on the window sill, the other bag, the clothes now clutched within green girl's grasp.

She hummed a simple tune as she took in the room before shrugging and going back to her bag "And from the looks of it, we're roomies." she snickered before pulling a peculiar skull/gas mask from her bag and giving it a little rub with the back of her sleeve "Who'dve thunk it?"

Jasmine Heartston
Interaction: Being mildly uncomfortable as the antisocial girl decides to attempt being social with GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Jasmine jumped a little in surprise as she heard the girl from before's voice. She was her roommate? Not knowing whether to be relieved or otherwise, Jasmine quickly began folding up the shirt she had been holding up to her face, wiping her eyes haphazardly with the back of her hands. First impressions were important to human social life, and she didn't want to seem like a crybaby. Jeans, shirts, and tees that were once a messy lump became neatly folded rows in her dark green suitcase. Standing up to admire her neat piles, Jasmine looked around her side of the room to see what she had to work with. A desk, a bed, but still no dresser. That was annoying, but she could live with it. Unzipping the dark brown backpack patterned in green maple leaves that she'd been carrying on her shoulders, she began going through her more personal belongings. Chargers tossed onto the desk, left to lie next to a small bottle of strawberry hand lotion, along with a small blue seashell she'd brought as a reminder of home. There were still a few things left in her bags, but none of them were things she'd immediately need at the moment, so Jasmine considered her unpacking session a success for now. She could've just laid around on her bed and chatted with Marie until the 6:30 orientation dinner, but reluctantly decided that maybe knowing her roommate's name rather than mentally referring to her as "tormentor eye girl" wasn't the worst thing in the world.

"So...um...since we're roommates and all...what's your name? I didn't uh....catch it...before."

Jasmine asked, her eyes hanging around the carpet as the question left her mouth. She didn't think it sounded rude or bad or anything, but she still worried that she might've said something wrong.

Last edited:
Emily Wilks
Interaction: Jasmine ( FoolsErin FoolsErin )
CCnt3QEWgAAlOBd.png
Emily wiped at her mask until she could see a proper reflection of her grin in it. Only then did she prop it on the corner of her bed's headboard. Twisting it a little so she could see it more easily, Emily nodded to herself before dealing with the clothes situation. Now Emily had a healthy selection to choose from and, once she noted the offerings the room gave her, decided she'd leave the clothing in the safe embrace of her bag. Well, most of it. One her stage costumes was included just in case, it went with the mask and everything, but she knew leaving it in the bag with the rest of her clothes wouldn't fly. It needed to be aired out, plus it would be awesome for the fans to see. So the one outfit she took out was a large black bag with matching shorts and a tank top to go with it. That outfit was hung on the other side of the headboard before pulling out her charger and tucking it into the pocket of her getup.

There wasn't much else for her to do really, besides the tiny bag of toiletries that she'd gotten used to during tours. Unlike her band mates Emily didn't have an instrument or the tools required to maintain one, so she was all set to check her phone when her roommate opened their mouth for the first time since she got there.

Emily quirked an eyebrow in interest as she slid her phone back into her pocket, rolling over on her bed to face her roommate "Ya want a name? You sure? Lot of harm can be done in the modern age with someone's name. Fraud's all the rage. Sure you don't want to trade codenames? I was all set to know you as Lil' Green, but hey... Em's not one to judge."

With a short snicker, Emily sat up and pressed a hand to her own chest "Emily Wilkes, Singer extraordinaire. Band Face gifted with the power of tune yadda yadda."

She waved off the rest of her intro before leaning forward with an intrigued smirk, "Soooo, do I get a prize for answering correctly? I could take a name in trade, but we could still get a little creative here, there's time."

Jasmine Heartston
Interaction: Still being uncomfortable as she continues to social with GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Jasmine let out a small laugh at Emily's burst of questions and words of caution. For a second, she considered maybe taking her up on the codename offer. Lil' Green wasn't that bad of a nickname, after all. Then again, there really wasn't a good enough reason to not tell her name to her. Responding to Emily's intrigue-filled smirk with a small nervous smile, she replied,

"...Jasmine....Jasmine Heartston...That's my name..."

She nervously mumbled, still not quite making eye contact with her roommate. Her eyes still gave Jasmine a small case of the spooks. Walking over to her desk to untangle the wad of cords on her desk as an attempt to give her something to look at other than Emily's face, she hesitantly stated,

"Its uh...nice to meet you...I guess..."

alosk
"umm I have no clue what you're talking about?" thinking about it yeah steve was right, they really should find their dorm, searching for his own sheet he realized that he didn't have it on hand "umm... I don't exactly think i hav-" Macrim appeared form alosk shadow handing him a sheet of paper "oh thanks macrim" the shadowy monster nodded at alosk and disappeared again. comparing his own one to steve turns out they were both in the same dorm alosk laughed slightly "well i guess we will be seeing a lot more of one another, oh hey that means you will meet the rest of my... demons, you already met mork that shadow thing was macrim"

Emily Wilks
Interaction: Jasmine ( FoolsErin FoolsErin )
CCnt3QEWgAAlOBd.png
The more Emily interacted with Jasmine the more she had to struggle not to snicker. Despite how good the producers were at setting up this mystical environment, they were playing it pretty on the nose with some of the actors. Oh, the reserved gal is paired up with the rocker star, dichotomy! Emily rolled onto her back and glanced towards Jasmine whilst chittering.

"Well Jazzy J, it's swell meeting the back of your head, too." she stated before leaning a leg up over her head and tapping the tip of a boot against her hanging mask "Always great seeing folks outside of the fandom. This guy right here often does a great job giving off the wrong impression of me."

Even as she said that, she sighed wistfully at her Iron Reaper mask. It was kinda like a second skin to her, as she had been wearing it during many of her prized performances.

She looked back down to her roommate for a moment before her smirk returned and she rolled on her bed again. She stood and glanced towards the various things she'd seen Jasmine taking from her bag, trying to determine if she could guess her power before it was explicitly stated. The color scheme so far indicated to Emily that it might have something to do with plants, but no... there were other green things it could be related to. She tapped a finger against her chin, if they were still following the producer's dichotomy thing then it'd make sense for Emily to get paired up with some kind of representation of life, she was the Iron Reaper after all. But maybe that was a red herring, because if it was poison then Emily could see this whole similar yet appearing different thing.

Shaking her head before she could lose her train of thought, Emily leaned against the wall beside the window and gave a thoughtful hum, "Sooo~, let's hear it, hon." she gave a dismissive wave "Get all the wacky biz out in the open so lil' ol' Emmy doesn't have to wrack her head guessing. Plants or Poison, hit me with it~!"

Steve simply shrugged it off. Not everyone would get that joke. Knew I should've gone with Carrie instead. Oh, well. What are you gonna do? Just explain, I guess, even if he will just look at me like I'm "some dumb otaku."
"Oh, well, he's the villain in Akira, who's actually best friends with the hero Shotaro Kaneda, if that makes any sense. He had telekinesis and it ended really badly for him. But I guess that might have had something to do with the fact that he used it to kill no less than 200 people within its 124-minute length. And the whole movie only happens over the course of a few days. Eh, moving on." So they were roommates, then.
"We'll go there together then." Steve looked over the paper in his left hand as they neared the dorm.
"So we're apparently getting a third roommate. I wonder what they'll be like." This being a magic school, Steve couldn't help wondering what he would come across here.

Last edited:
alosk
Alosk still didn’t really understand the reference but he sort of just nod along with the explanation “oh ok, but yeah we should probably go together woundering if the twins have shown up yet...” alosk was going off about his own demons but also yeah they did have a third room mate this would be interesting “hopefully not a demon im kinda sick of them...”

Steve had to agree. "Or some perv I'll have to stop from sneaking into the girls' bathroom or locker room. I had to deal with enough of that crap at my last school. Or that guy I caught smoking cigarettes in the bathroom." He stopped upon recognizing the number on a door.
"Looks like we've arrived. Let's see..." He put the paper back in his pocket and produced a key. "There we go." He unlocked the door before opening it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back