• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A World of Fairy Tales! (Interest Check)

Mikanu

Alright, I'm wanting to know who'd be interested in playing characters from fairy tales. I have something of a plot here:

One of the definitions of 'eternal' is: lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning.

In this roleplay, that's basically what the Fairytales want. They want to last forever. They want their stories to have no beginning or end. It's kind of a new approach to the 'living forever' idea. Basically, the Fairytales' lives are stuck in an infinite loop. As in, they replay their stories from beginning to end over and over and over again. Each time it's the exact same, perhaps now and again they do a different version but their stories always prove to be similar in the end. They live in a place called Storybook Village, each character staying in their own couple of 'pages' in this place. And of course, someone has to be there to give order. Some of the most popular Fairytales have formed a government. Though, this government is corrupt and doesn't allow the Fairytales much freedom. So one day, a few decide they've had enough and go on a journey to find eternal life.

So, do you think this is a good idea for an RP? It's just a rough idea, I plan to add a lot more detail and all.

Do you think this should be held in Storybook Village, or in the real world? Or perhaps both? When I first started to make this idea, I was leaning more towards the human world. But that has been done, hasn't it? So perhaps it's held in Storybook. I think it'd be an interesting concept, visiting the settings of the fairy tales we adored as kids. Please, tell me what you think!:smiled:

Thank you for reading!~

Dude, this is an awesome Idea ^.^

I would so join something like this. 
Oh, I didn't even realize it was you! ^.^

Hi again (:

Why thank you!:bigsmile: Happy to see somebody likes my idea.~

That's alright! xD

Hey there!:smiled:

I love 'once upon a time' and I really like your take on things :) I'd love to join when you get this up and running :)

Well actually, this idea comes from The Wolf Among Us. It's a game.~ But now that I think about it, it's like Once Upon A Time as well! Thank you for showing interest, I'm happy people like the idea!:bigsmile:

I'd really like people's opinions on where the setting should take place. Storybook Village, or the human world?

What's your plan for the characters, by the way? Will we be playing as the original characters, or can we make variations?Do they have to be exactly like the original story?

'Cause depending on that, we could have it in either one.

Original characters, basically, from any fairy tale you want to do! Even from the not so popular ones. I'll provide a link to Wikipedia's entry of fairy tales in the actual roleplay, in case you want to get creative.~ Their story is up to the fairy tale itself, but their appearance is all up to you.:smiled: There have been variations made to popular stories such as Rumpelstiltskin and Little Red Riding Hood, you can definitely use those.

I know we could have it in either one; choosing which one is the challenge. If we use Storybook, it'd be like a whole new world for RPers. With lots of settings and different aspects and all that. If we use the real world, it'd be pretty cool to be honest. Our characters would need a human form in order to disguise themselves. Kind of like in The Wolf Among Us. It would be a new world for the characters themselves.

Yeah, I like the idea of them in the human world, just for them having to adapt to it.

I have plans for possible characters now. Muahaha > :D

It would for sure be interesting. The development of characters themselves has to come first, I believe. Perhaps I'll introduce Storybook into the RP at some point, but I've been leaning towards the human world anyway.:smiled:

Great!~ I have plans as well, this'll be a lot of fun! Hope others will reply to this thread, I'd love to create this roleplay.

Love them too!:bigsmile: Yeah, it looks like it'll be more 'Wolf Among Us'-based. xD I simply love the concept of it, might end up borrowing some stuff from it.~ Agreed, The Walking Dead is AMAZING! Season 2 is sooo good, oh my goodness!<3

not played the most recent episode, as I have been travelling but eeks!!! gonna be good xD and even more in now that Yu have said its more based on wolf among us :)

I just guessed once upon a time due to the village name hehe :)

It's awesome! You'll love it, I'm sure of it.~ Oh hey, great! :D But people don't have to know The Wolf Among Us at all in order to join, they just need a fairy tale and a character.~ :) I'm also gonna incorporate parts of a song into the Overview, I got my 'eternal life' idea and the name of the roleplay off of it!~

Yeah, I thought so! xD I actually didn't realize the names were similar until you brought up Once Upon A Time. But I've actually never watched the show, so I wouldn't know much about it.

Very true :) is still an amazing concept for an rp though and I am really liking your ideas :) Plus weaving a song in with an RP always makes it more memorable :D

And its a good show, or at least I think it is xD village filled with fairy-tale characters who are trapped in a curse :) a lot softer than Wolf Among Us but fun none the less :)

Why thank you!~ I'm filled with ideas, basically. xD I need to get started on making this roleplay, already have three people's attention so that'll be great! I figure I'll finish it up sometime tomorrow. Honestly wasn't expecting people to like the idea. Oh it does?~ Great then, because this song really fits with this roleplay! It also fits Bigby Wolf sooo much in my opinion, oh my goodness. xD

I have a few friends who really like it.~ The RP itself won't be like that, but it's a cool idea nonetheless! Wolf Among Us is quite the wonderful idea, in my opinion!~ There won't be much mystery in my own RP, but hopefully some people will create some baddies.~ Some fighting would be awesome, I love the way the Fables change into their forms at will. I'd like to incorporate that into the RP.~

And hereeeeee it is!!! http://www.rpnation.com/threads/drowning-in-fable-fairy-tales.60582/

FINALLY! It is titled Drowning In Fable, a few lyrics from the song that inspired me to create this RP.~ As you can see, it took me a while. I tried to put in enough detail for it but not too much. I hope you guys don't get overwhelmed by the length. It's just a few small paragraphs. :) I worked really hard to get it to make as much sense as possible! I hope you like it!:bigsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back