• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A War Of Kings And Princes

BDark

Three Thousand Club
Roleplay Type(s)
WARNING!
Some characters are based on biblical figures, even though I've never read the bible myself so there's that. Yeah, I'm sorry.
________________________________________________________________________________________

053468923deec3bc5660a7d43f34502f.jpg

The world was once made of two realms: The Aether, where the rulers of the world resided, and the Middle Realm, where all other beings lived. In the Aether there lived two races that, despite their difference, were related and lived in harmony, and those were angels and demons, and it was ruled by five kings throughout the ages.

The last demon king of the Aether, Satan, was overthrown by the rebelling angels, and the angels and demons fought for a year and a day, bringing chaos and destruction upon the Middle Realm. At last, the angels won and they took the demons' wings away except for the royals, and they banished them to another realm of their creation known as the Underworld, and there the demons ruled and they took the realm as their own, for they stood no chance against the angels of the Aether without their wings.​

___​

The Aether is a great kingdom in the skies, high above even the highest of clouds, great and mighty. Its walls are made of marble and of granite, and its paths of the purest of stones. At night it is lit by blue flames that cast a great light like that of day. Built out of a great mountain in the Aether is the grand castle of the rulers, and below it the dungeons. It is inhabited by angels, with very little to no trace of demons before them.

The Middle Realm is vast and great, with many mountains and rivers and seas. There are forests and deserts and many kingdoms and towns there of many races. The races that reside in the realm are giants, sirens, mermaids, centaurs, dwarves, satyrs, dragons, and men.

The Underworld is a dark realm and a cavernous one. It is carved deep into the earth, and its buildings are of red and black rock, carved from the ground. There are small streams of lava and many chasms and bridges. The Underworld is inhabited by demons and dragons.

The Great Caves are a series of great connected tunnels that snake through the mountains and the earth, and surprisingly do not cross paths with the Underworld. These tunnels are dark and wide with high ceilings, and are considered to be extremely dangerous. They were first uncovered by miners seeking precious metals and gems, and these caves are abundant with them, but they are also inhabited by vampires and great spiders.​

___​

Giants- The kings of the Middle Realm, giants are a race of giant humanoids. They tower over every other creature, standing at an average of about 40-50 feet. Giants live in many places, such as the mountains or the seas, and they are the craftsmen of the world. All giants have one shared magical ability, and that is to breathe underwater. Some giants have other magical abilities as well.

Centaurs- Centaurs are taller than men. They are like horses from the waist and below, and men above it. Centaurs live in tribes or clans in various parts of the world. They have a natural fighting skill with the bow and arrow, but many of them prefer to use swords, axes, hammers, and maces among many other weapons.

Mermaids- The maidens of the sea, they're like women with a fish tail instead of legs. Mermaids are benign, and they live in kingdoms below the sea alongside many giants. Mermaids have very little to no magic. The males are called Mermen, and they use spears, pikes, and tridents to hunt for food and to defend themselves. When out of the water, mermaids are rendered quite harmless.

Sirens- Similar to mermaids, sirens are underwater maidens. However, unlike mermaids, their tails are more serpentine and they are much more aggressive. When above water, sirens are not helpless like mermaids; however, their form melts away to reveal one of what looks like a giant bird crossed with a woman, making them much more dangerous than their friendly counterparts. Sirens don't often use many weapons, but rather rely on their agility and their claws and sharp teeth. Many call them harpies as well. There are no male sirens.

Dwarves- The children of giants, dwarves are, quite ironically, quite short. They are bulky and grow long beards and hair. Dwarves live in the mountains in small communities, of which a few exist. They are the miners of the land and craftsmen, rivalled only by the giants. However, their small size allows them to make smaller weapons that the giants could not, like knives and daggers among several others. Dwarves have very little to no magical abilities.

Satyrs- Also known as the people of the forest, satyrs are like men with the legs of a goat, and many of them have horns as well. They usually wear very little clothing, if any at all; their private parts are hidden by their fur, only appearing during mating. Satyrs rely on their druid magic for defence, and some use knives, daggers, and smaller axes as well. While there are no female satyrs, they mate only with the dryads, who are tree spirits that seldom appear, as they're usually dormant in the form of trees that rarely awake to mate with the satyrs.

Vampires- Vampires inhabit the Great Tunnels. They are like women crossed with bats. They feed on meat and blood, and their agility and sharp teeth make them quite dangerous and difficult to defend against. Vampires cannot see well in sunlight, and that makes them quite weak in the open. Even though they all resemble women, some of them are men, identified by their long, lion-like manes, while the females have smoother hair.

Great Spiders- Great spiders are giant spiders whose size ranges from that of a newborn goat to that of a large grizzly bear. They inhabit dark areas like dark forests, deep caves, and, of course, the Great Tunnels. Many of these great spiders have been tamed by the demons of the Underworld.

Angels- The current rulers of the Aether, angels are like humans in appearance. Their skin is light and their wings are white and feathery. Angels use many types of weapons, but mainly swords and pikes. Many of them have very strong magic, though most of them have none at all. Gabriel is the king of the angels.

Demons- The former rulers of the Aether and the current rulers of the Underworld, demons are quite diverse in appearance. Some of them look like humans with darker or redder skin, others resembling more unworldly beings. Many of them bear horns or other inhuman features, though the more completely inhuman ones are the more powerful demons. Demons are considered evil by many, although that's far from the truth, with the exception of several. Most demons have stumps on their backs where their wings would've been had they not been bounding with chains and ropes and locked in a grand chamber in the Aether.

Dragons- Great in size and magnificence, dragons reside in mountains and caves as well as the Underworld. They are the most diverse of beings, except for, perhaps, demons. They're scaly and large, most of them breathe fire, though some of them breathe other elements--namely lightning and cold (they can't create ice out of nothing, but they can freeze water and other things like buildings or living beings; more powerful ones can freeze air which counts as breathing ice), and a few don't breathe any elements at all. Some myths claim that once in the past, there were dragons larger than mountains and that it was these dragons that shaped the land. While most dragons eat meat, many of them are herbivores, and some eat fish. Dragons could be friendly or aggressive depending on many things, such as the time, the diet, and the dragon itself.

_____________________________________________________________​

If I get enough support, I'll ask the mods if we could turn this into a Hosted Project, though most likely not. The reason I wanted to do that was because I had plans to have the main timeline divided into chapters, as well as player-made side-timelines. Oh, and when you reply below, make sure that the first word is capitalised. All of the first word, like THIS. That's my 'read check' test.

I'll want somebody to play Satan: he's not evil, but he's not the best of people around either. He's been, like most other demons, put in a bad light by the angels even though he's not bad. In the end of the day, he's a good king. Hopefully, somebody will play the angel king as well.

You can play multiple characters and it is actually preferred that you play several characters. Vampires and Great Spiders aren't playable.

The technology is medieval. There's some steampunk, but it's very little. I'm not willing to allow most steampunk things. Maybe so little steampunk that it's almost not there. It's mainly there because I need it for one of my characters, but if you can make it work (as sparse as possible) in your CS, I'll let it pass.​

Thank you~!

*cough* Missin' somethin' there, babe. *cough*

Well, no guns or vehicles or robots. Small things. Give me a suggestion and maybe I'll allow it. It depends mainly on the character and how you'll be doing it... Know what I mean? But do tell me what you have in mind?

*cough* Missin' somethin' there, babe. *cough*

Well, no guns or vehicles or robots. Small things. Give me a suggestion and maybe I'll allow it. It depends mainly on the character and how you'll be doing it... Know what I mean? But do tell me what you have in mind?

I was just curious, like in case there were only specific things you would allow and whatnot.
I had a feeling there wouldn't be any robots or vehicles considering This is medieval.
whoops

Last edited:
OH, I definitely love this. I would love to take part in this as a siren, demon, or angel! let me know when you're looking to start things up! :D

This looks interesting
May I ask if Centaurs can learn any magic? For no reason or anything...

VERY interested. I think I could make some pretty cool characters for this one

Last edited:
This sounds awesome! I'd like a dragon if possible, also, are there any overarching plot or threat that will connect the three realms?

LOVE it, I'm already picturing a character as a dragon if that's okay, but I am wondering, is there a plot that'll connect everything together?

HEY, I'm pretty interested in this, but I'm a bit confused on what the plot would be. It's ok if you don't want to give away too much, but at this point, I'm not sure if this is an open-world kind of thing or if it has a fixed plot and an ending the characters will be working towards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back