• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A Very Different SAO

Bronco

I pull levers
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Gist: Greetings folks, how we doing? If any of you have been lurking in the ideas/brainstorming section of this site you might have come across a recent idea of mine. Due to quarantine, I've recently refreshed my knowledge on some shows I watched years ago. Yes, there are animes on that list, one of which is the infamous Sword Art Online. Personally I think it was an awesome concept that fell to the whims of fan service and a rushed plot. So, we're here to try and fix that. From the characters to the actual plot, I'm looking for individuals who share this feeling and would like to try and make something (on this site at least) of a series that could have been pretty good.

The Process: So, how we doing this? Well it's simple, we boot Kirito. Now yes, I know this sounds like the start of some kind of cursed fanfic, but hear me out. We're not taking his place. No, our little band is going to be taking a separate path from the usual protagonist, but this doesn't mean we wont be present to participate in some of the more major events. I do intend on getting us involved in important bosses and also encountering most of the canon side characters, however the results of these encounters is dependent on our group. Maybe we'll become enemies with some of the front line guilds, or perhaps we'll allie ourselves with some baddies. The story is going to be ours, but what exactly is our driving goal?

The Plot: The world, it's characters, and the general situation isn't changing. However, through certain details that I'll leave out for the time being, one of the folks in our band are going to get contacted by Japanese authorities on the outside of this death game. Though we'll have no way of communicating back to them directly, it's through this link that they'll inform us of the situation on the outside. We'll receive assignment to try and quell immense player deaths all while working to shut the game down. In a sense our group is going to become a kind of A-team to try and save players, pull strings behind the scenes, and direct the actions of the playerbase towards clearing the game. The way in which we're going to be contacting is being left as a surprise, but I can assure you that it comes with its own amusing perks.

The Crew: Ok, this is where the biggest change to the original content comes in. Our group are not going to be the roleplay heavy, well mannered, and dramatic players that SAO seemed to attract on its first day. Our group is going to be far closer to the gamers you think of today, making fun of each other, spewing memes, and do everything "for the boys". Whether or not we cross the line into player killing assholes is entirely up to you guys, the same goes for if we want to be smart with our actions or just screw around. To sum up the tone of our players, we're extremely unpractical, don't seem to be taking anything seriously, and might even be gambling with our lives at this point.

The End: If you've made it this far, I guess you're interested. To join up just state your intentions below and get ready to rip SAO a new one. I'm still working on the plot, but for the beginning it'll be basically the same as the show. We'll take it on an episode by episode basis, injecting our dummies into the situations the character's faced until we've altered the plot enough to where that's impossible.

Oh hey one quick detail that came up, I'll add it later in the character dump, but we ARE ALLOWING RANGED WEAPONRY. If you have a character that mains a bow or crossbow of some kind than you can definitely stick with that equipment in this version of SAO.

Not trying to sound pushy lol
Are you going to have it up by tonight cause I would love to get started on a CS for your review or even talk beginning plot stuff Seeing as I am currently on a 24 hour shift at work.
again not forcing you to stay up and work or anything though 😁

Not trying to sound pushy lol
Are you going to have it up by tonight cause I would love to get started on a CS for your review or even talk beginning plot stuff Seeing as I am currently on a 24 hour shift at work.
again not forcing you to stay up and work or anything though 😁
Probably not tonight fam, but I will here for brainstorming our plot tomorrow for basically most of the day.

I think we’re gonna close her off here. Congrats GaMeRs, you’re in.

An RP where everyone can be the shitposter comedic relief? Normally it's only me! If you need an extra player or just a backup one, I'd be happy to help cause' this is right up my alley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back