• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Sword to Wield with a Broken Hilt IC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Faenor nodded slowly, listening as she listed her reasonings... Or at least, the ones that she could think of quickly. They were solid, perhaps. He has no idea the things she's done... But in a way he could sympathize with the desire to make peace between Blade and Mage, albeit her reasoning was, perhaps a bit better than his own. He didn't care about setting up the world for the next generation. He cared about improving conditions for those already among them. It's fine and dandy to talk about those who will come after, but for long lived beings like elves, it's not as selfish to want to see the change now. After all, how will one guide the next generation through times not yet seen?

However, as he thought on her words, something brought him pause. Honestly, it was just shocking enough to stop him momentarily in his tracks, muttering the words. "Hid the body?" Okay, that probably shouldn't shock him too much. Hackel is more than likely a killer. Hell, he has no proof his fire didn't kill some villagers during the attack, and of course, he's had political opponents... Disappear. Still, there's a difference. One is just business. Deal with those you can, dispose of those you can't. Honestly, he had no place to judge for killing. However, he did sense there was a story there. No matter, he could learn eventually. Shaking his head, he'd quickly resume his walk.

"Ah..." Now that. That was a question. How should he respond? How truthful should he be? "To be honest, what I plan on doing after this expedition depends heavily on the results of this expedition." He started slow, gaze shifting to the sky above them. "For starters, depending on how well I manage to get along with Anselm, I may finally make a push to take control of the Rebellion. Algar is not getting any younger, and I'm just now hitting the prime of my life, so it'd only make sense I take over for my good friend. All the better if I also get along with the Hilt, to better facilitate peace between Blade and Mage." And also to have a much more firm grasp on the Rebellion, by being officially backed by the leader of the world. "If I do not have Anselm's support in that endeavor... Well, I likely won't leave the Rebellion, but perhaps I'll put more thought into my family's wishes."

He'd chuckle softly, shaking his head. "I can almost hear the scolding my mother would give me if I became leader of the Rebellion before even having a family of my own. So if I don't become leader of the Rebellion... Perhaps I'll take over the family's wineries, try something a bit more domestic for my future..." He'd wave a hand dismissively. As if he won't have Anselm's support by then. He also didn't feel the need to state what he'd do if their expedition went wrong. They'd die. They knew that. "However, since you asked something personal of me, I feel it only right I ask such of you. What do you plan to do, when this is all over? Any long unrealized dreams you may be able to accomplish, backed by Anselm or any others in this misfit band of adventurers?"

CasualTea CasualTea

"Maybe get married and start a family of my own." She stated completely bluntly and out of the blue. It was as if that thought was on her mind the whole time. "Strange, right? How that would be my first thought? Well, I can't just keep fighting like a mercenary for hire forever, right? I'd like to settle down and raise some children. Teach them the things I know that will benefit them for their future... Setting up the next generation and keep the cycle of life going. A human's life span is pretty short so it's on most of everyone's mind." She then looked at Faenor again to see his reaction. She was aiming to surprise him a little bit with this out of character answer, though it would seem natural for a human like her. "It's also sort of instinctual. Maybe? I don't know the whole thing about it. But all I've ever been doing my whole life up until now was just fighting and bringing death more company. It's a little odd now that I just blurted that answer... It obviously won't happen that quick, I have to take care of a lot of things before I can start setting up for the future."

She suddenly stopped momentarily before walking again. A thought occurred. "...Actually, I only know one person who is human and she's been alive a whole lot longer than any human. She said she's been around for four hundred twenty years. That's a long time for a human, right?" Her gaze was still fixated on Faenor. Maybe he knew something. "I remember she was an alchemist with purple hair, she looked pretty young... And she had some affiliation with the Rebellion. Any of that ring a bell?" She asked since this person was her mentor. She was an alchemist who found the secret to immortality and it was a long life's work from her bloodline. She had achieved it long ago and was dabbling in her own research like golems other advanced technology. Not just any ordinary golems. They were like humanoids. They had a sort of consciousness. But they were still golems. She could never figure out what was truly going on in that laboratory of hers but she could guess that it took a very long time establishing it. And it wasn't at all known to the public. Only she knew because that's the place where her sword was made. Unbeknownst to Yona however, that mentor was a subordinate of Faenor. He probably knew her by the name of Aria.

Well... He can't exactly say that's the answer he expected. He thought more along the lines of perhaps creating her own mercenary group. Maybe she'd go on to be some sort of travelling mentor, or maybe find some place to settle down as a guard. It took a bit of self control to not snort at how bluntly she said it though. Perhaps she could go into being a jester with that delivery.

"It's not that strange of a thought to have. I've never been good at estimating the ages of humans, but you seem at least old enough that one might begin thinking of starting a family." He'd offer a kind of shrug. "Not to mention I did just say I'd probably settle down and look into something more domestic, so one could imagine something similar would pop into your mind after hearing that said aloud."

"Generally speaking, yes. Most elves only live till around two hundred and fifty years. An entire hundred and seventy years longer is well above expected lifespan of a human."
He'd raise a brow. He's seen entire generations come and go. What kind of human would... Wait... Hmm... Human, looks young, purple hair, Rebellion affiliation? No, certainly not... "Would this human you mention perhaps go by the name of Aria?" Kind of a shot in the dark to be honest. Then again, how often does he see purple hair on a human?

CasualTea CasualTea

Yona snapped her fingers and a smile gleamed on her face. "Yep! She was my mentor when I was trying to learn my new found magic. I didn't want to repeat the same mistake of accidentally killing someone with it again, even though it was self defense at the time, I wanted to learn how to harness and control it. And well, you can see how well its turned out." She said as she continued walking. "Her actual name is Azoth. I think Aria is just a name she uses as an identity. It'd be weird if some records of Azoth appeared four hundred years ago and also appear in the present, wouldn't it?" She said not giving much thought to it, but she felt like it was a good reason to have a fake name. Azoth is also not a very common name so it might make her stand out more which is understandable.

"Last I heard from her, she was trying to expand a human's life span by a hundred or so more years and not full immortality. I don't know how well that's going though since... Only time can tell right? ...Maybe she's been at it for awhile now..." Yona thought a bit hard on concept of researching something for years and make little or no progress at all. She also wondered how can someone who has lived longer than an average elf still keep their mind set? Surely, Azoth must have seen many people being born and dying of old age by now. She was starting to feel pity for her. When her friends die, she still remains. She would watch every single friend of that group die off before she went and made new ones just to watch them die again. It sounds like a cruel cycle. "...You think she has a lot of elf friends? Y'know, since humans' lives are pretty short and she's definitely lived longer than that... I just sort of pity her that she has to watch her friends die and make new friends. It's like a cycle... How does she manage that...?"

Faenor raised a brow at that information. Sure, he didn't expect his subordinates to give him every last bit of information but... Did he miss a report on who she had trained? That would be... Rather uncharacteristic of him. Every trainee is a potential future subordinate after all. It's absolutely not a pyramid scheme, subordinates just get subordinates to do the work he hands off, and down the line those subordinates of subordinates may get subordinates of their own, continuing the process. "Eh, yes and no? Uncommon names could be attributed to a family line. Especially if there's records dating back hundreds of years. Most people would assume she was merely her own great great great... You get the point, granddaughter. Somewhat like how there's been Faenors in my family line before. Most notably, the very founder of our noble House bore the same name. Albeit... Maybe it was more as a title for him." He'd place a hand under his chin, thinking. After all, Spirit of Fire could be considered an honor or a title based on one's deeds.

"I could give you an update on how she's doing, next time I have access to a courier." He responded mostly without thinking, a small shrug going through his shoulders. "She works directly under me, so I suppose if I asked for a report on her current work, you may be able to learn how it's going." Maybe a bit more than he meant to say, but quite frankly his mind is working overtime, and doesn't have time to separate what he means and what he said. "I don't know if she has a LOT of elf friends. I know she has at least a few, some of which I've introduced her to, be it as a fresh face to the Rebellion, or on the rare occasion she's been forced to one of the more important Rebellion events." Kinda odd just how well Yona picked up her magic from Ari- Azoth. Remember that. Use that.

"Though I imagine she handles it much like I do, when I befriend human nobility. I've been around for... 120 years. I've seen many of those I've grown up with get old, have a family, and die. I've seen the children of those I befriended, grow old, have families of their own, and die. I believe it'll soon be the... Third or fourth generation now of that cycle." He frowned, thinking. About how long is the average lifespan of humans again? Well, maybe not average. They're nobles potentially marked as supporters of the Rebellion due to region, and thus could be targets. "I go in, knowing they'll die before me, that I'll have to witness it. So instead of mourning it, I merely try to ensure there's as many good memories as can be. Sure, I'll miss them when they're gone, but they'll always be there if I just think back."

CasualTea CasualTea

Yona considered Faenor's words and smiled a bit. He was actually a lot more pleasant than she thought he'd usually be. And it feels genuine. "Thanks, I would want to know how Azoth is doing these days. Hopefully she didn't burn herself again. She's prone to doing that a lot..." She said as she then listened to what Faenor had to say about his experience of outliving others simply that's just how the world rules work. Elves simply live longer than humans. She sort of didn't think Faenor would be that young though. Just a hundred and twenty? She thought he'd be a little older. Well, she didn't really know the life span of elves very well until recently.

"Still, I don't know how it feels to meet someone knowing you'll outlive them a hundred percent of the time..." She soon shook her head. "Ahh... Maybe we should change topics. It's a little depressing talking about this stuff here." She said as she thought about what she should change the topic to. "...Your family owns wineries right? Maybe, if I can't find a way to integrate into normal society, you think I could work for you at the winery? Perhaps?" She asked with the simple thought of considering her future. A winery sounds like a good place for work anyway. Wine sells for very good and she gets to work with someone she knows. Especially working with nobility, the pay should be nice. it'd be a great choice, wouldn't it? She wouldn't mind what sort of work it was. Though, thinking about it, she might be put into security work or something. Well, not like she wasn't familiar with it. But it'd be nice to try something new.

Faenor, generally, was much more pleasant to those he found useful. Yona, albeit indirectly, has given him more insight into one of his subordinates. Thus, he feels like he can, indeed, spare some politeness her way. "Yes, it is surprisingly common how often she found herself burned. Some even argue who has suffered more burns, her or me..." Was it a point of pride? No. However, the fact she's in the running against the likes of a pyromancer makes one wonder how many of her burns are accidental. Like, he's literally playing with fire, but somehow she's possibly burnt herself more.

"Honestly, you get used to it after a while. It used to bother me much growing up. It's generally hard the first time around, then you learn best how to cope with it. For example, assuming things go well, I will likely outlive you. However, I don't think about that, because the same is true of many, many others." He spoke about the knowledge that the one he spoke to would die before he did so casually, one may presume he was commenting on the weather.

"That is entirely within the realm of possibility, so long as you don't mind the region of Rhas and the Rebellion connections." It's not like he's against the idea of Yona working at the winery. A worker is a worker. However, what exactly would she do? "Though that would be better posed to my father or one of my uncles. It may be family owned, but I'm merely in line to presume lead of the family. Outside if the family, my word holds weight, in family affairs though... Father's word is final." He'd kind of... Shrug. "However... If I take over by the time you manage to integrate... I don't see why not, provided you can perform your duties to satisfaction."

CasualTea CasualTea

"Don't worry about performance. If it's something I can do, I'll see to it to the end. Provided that I am with good pay." She said which wasn't out of pocket. She's been technically been working as a mercenary this entire time. She then recalled her memories during training and mentorship with Azoth back in Kharien. They had spent most of their time in Rhas so she wasn't really that troubled. As for the Rebellion though, that one can get a bit complicated. "Rhas... That's where I practiced my magic when Azoth mentored me. It was a nice change in weather compared to Penari. But I don't know how I'd deal with Rebellion stuff, I sort of want to be neutral on both sides. You understand, right?" She asked, curious if he even cared enough about her circumstances. Surely he did to an extent. But she just wasn't sure. She never could tell what he would think nor feel. Especially since now they are interacting a lot more often because of the battle a week ago. He was also a mage from the Rebellion. If anything, a spellsword like her would be acceptable in his view. She also planned to be the clean up crew in the group during battles, so having Faenor fight alongside her will definitely help in thinning out hordes just like they did that night. The paladin seemed capable, but she thought it best that he assists the Hilt. And that new addition to the group; the noble blade. Definitely probably also good at assisting the Hilt, he can probably babysit the thief as well.

She stopped her thinking of how she would assign roles for each member of the group. Her days working with the syndicate and being an enforcer who led strike teams against their rivals was starting to surface and come back. A sort of leadership trait she had developed back in Penari and further polished it in Dral. Now she wondered how her comrades are doing in Penari, and who took on her role.

That's it, as soon as this expedition is over, she's going back to Penari to catch up with her family. One or two of them would be good enough for her. She's longing to meet them again way too much. Too much so that its been showing on her face for awhile now. A sort of expression of anxiety soon being shaken off to return her back to the present. She just waited for Faenor's answer to her question previously.

"All who work for my family are paid well, there is no need to worry about that." He'd openly scoff at that, if it wasn't at least a valid concern. He knows there's nobles out there that would cheap out on workers. However, those families tend to not last long. After all, don't pay your workers well, and you'll find another hand paying them out. Which really doesn't vibe well when you have enemies. There's only so much financial loss you can eat, before the business goes bust after all. It's a strategy he's seen used before, to get rid of lesser pests.

"As for the connection to the Rebellion... There's not much that can be done about that. It is highly unlikely that I'd leave the Rebellion, so even if you don't associate personally with the Rebellion, you may still be lumped in. I can understand wanting to remain neutral on such an issue, but it's hard to appear neutral. You know, since you're suggesting working for someone who has stated they wish to lead the Rebellion."

He'd raise a brow, seeing that she seemed... Anxious? Well, if she wished to share, she could. However, he'd not pry into it. It is not his business to know how she's feeling. He's not someone who relieves others. That'd probably be more of Sitra's thing than his. So instead, he returned his gaze to the road ahead, instead of looking at her face. "So, planning on doing anything, once we get back to the others? I was planning on making tea, if we're not going back on the move yet." He wasn't directly asking if she wanted to join... But he'd not turn her down if she asked for a cup.

CasualTea CasualTea

True. Avoiding Rebellion affairs, trying to be neutral while working under a Rebellion leader would be a bit conflicting. She was just hoping she wouldn't be directly involved in such affairs. At least it would be the closest she could probably get to settling down at the moment. She can't think of anything else she could do otherwise. She soon also noticed that Faenor purposefully put his gaze on the road rather on her troubled looks. Even though poking about others' personal problems and worries isn't his thing, she appreciates it.

"...No plans really. I was thinking of a bath but we could leave at any moment. I'm not trying to get caught in the middle of it or be left behind." She said. While she did think taking a bath would be on her list of priorities, due to her cleaning up the dead and such, she can't be a reason to hold the group back. She wouldn't allow it. Instead, she'd just have to wash what she could off her hands, arms and face. Not a full bath but at least she's a little more clean. Since Faenor was making tea, she supposed she could have some. A relaxation drink is what she would need to clear her mind and prep her for the journey ahead. "I'm just gonna wash my hands and face. But when you're finished making it, may I join you for tea? If you don't mind, that is." She asked with a sort of sheepish smile as she kept her gaze at the road. She hasn't had tea in... Gosh, when was the last time she had it? Where? Back in Kharien? In Rhas? Perhaps this tea is just what she needed. Something refreshing.

It's not like Faenor forces those who work for him to be in the Rebellion. Those who work for him tend to just be lumped in by association. Oh, not even counting those who do in fact, work for him due to his position in the Rebellion. To do business with him, is to at least look like you're doing business with the Rebellion. The only exception is nobility, since they'd have reasons that could at least be waved as potentially true. Even then, he hears rumors of noble families that won't deal with them, due to the connection. He doesn't care.

"You may join me for a cup or two. It'll make the pot go by faster, if nothing else." After all, if they do have to move on, he'd hate to have to... Waste the tea. Tea, believe it or not, is not a good drink to carry whilst riding out. That's what waterskins are for. "Perhaps you could put any questions you have for Azoth to parchment, so that you can play catch up?" It was a plausible excuse for why he'd invite her to join him for tea. Heavens forbid someone get any wrong ideas here.

As the building slowly came into view, the only obviously lived in space, he'd nod. "I'll be in the room overlooking the garden, so feel free to come in once you're done washing up. I may have it ready by then." He'd snap his finger, a little spark igniting. Yes, he uses magic to heat his tea. It gives him an excuse not to linger in the kitchen and deal with those he'd rather not. Once at the door, he'd open it, gesturing for her to go first. He has manners, after all.

CasualTea CasualTea

as Sitra reached towards him Anselm tensed up as if on instinct, his eyes locked on her hand in a fear he could not control as pain danced around his body from his sudden tightening of muscles. Thankfully she either noticed his discomfort or thought better to touch him, as she retracted her hands Anselm visibly relaxed from his sudden onslaught of tenseness.

"My name is Anselm, though I doubt you don't already know it." he added by a habit of 'manners'. Though what was the point in him or his sister ever introducing themselves when everyone and their dog knew who the two of them were before they knew how to count to 5.

at the mention of the church the air between them grew into a tense awkward one, Anselm frowning to himself as he looked to the side, a feeling of red hot shame flowing through him. If only he was useful, things would have one better. If he had been the one to die instead of his sister the world would be better off. He shivered at the thought, glancing back to Sitra as she continued.

"of course its nice to work with the infamous hilt's brother, could you think of anyone better?" he joked out, letting out a cruel laugh at himself at the words he said without flinching, the normal self deprecating jokes he said. He did intentionally ignore the question of his wounds, straightening himself up more to try and hide his pain and struggle. He had to be fine. They didn't have the time to waste on him not being.

at the mention of breakfast Anselm looked at her in surprise, having not expected that turn of the conversation. "I rested fine." he lied as he blinked at the girl for a moment, "Breakfast would be nice, but I have to get everything ready for our departure..." he trailed off, not really sounding convinced himself.

at the motion for him to lean on her shoulder he flushed a deep red, "I can walk on my own!" he sputtered in pure embarrassment at the suggestion he couldn't do something that simple. He tried to take a step on his own to prove this point, but standing still had knocked off his rhythm which sent a pain tumbling through his shoulder as he stumbled, grabbing onto the nearest thing before he could fall. The nearest thing happened to be Sitra. He froze at the realization of this, his face burning as he looked anywhere but at her. Of course he couldn't walk on his own, that would imply that he wasn't a disappointment.

looking down at his feet he mumbled out, "fine." giving into defeat and letting her help him downstairs to the dinning table. The deep blush of shame never fleeing from his cheeks as she did so.

Idea Idea

Yona just nodded at Faenor's words. Of course, she has question for Azoth but none she can really put on paper. Plus, Azoth was the type to show off her research in person rather than in reports. She almost slipped out of her mind before Faenor opened the door for her. She was taken aback since she had not experienced such chivalry in so long. Since Dral was usually riddled with criminals and thugs, she would often open the door for herself to avoid any of those guys with ill intentions. Especially when those intentions were blatantly obvious. Knowing Faenor up to this point, she remembered that was just how it works in a more civilized upper class world. "Oh. Thank you." She said before simply nodding to Faenor and went in.

She wasted no time to get herself to the bathroom and got some water to wash her face with. She used a small towel that was already there to wash both her face and her hands while also getting any dirt that had gotten on her forearms. It took a little while since the mud and blood that once stained her had dried up so she had to really scrape off those stains. Thankfully, it didn't take so long and was able to wash off just fine. All it needed was water. After which, she dried herself off and went back down. She remembered that Faenor said he was overlooking the garden, which she remembered was the room where she first had conversation with him when she was looking for a bucket for Edelmira. She could still remember the expression Faenor had when he brought the bucket in. It was a little funny but still in a way, cute.

When she arrived to the room, it felt a little nostalgic. Like before, Faenor was already in the room meditating with his fire magic, and Yona intruding on him. Again, Yona would lightly knock on the door frame as she did back then before letting herself in. "it is a nice room, now that there's some natural light coming in." She commented as she gazed out the window into the garden. She then turned her gaze to Faenor to see his progress on the tea making. She didn't say anything since she wasn't one to judge how long it took. She never really made herself tea before.

• Sitra
    012da7c6f2acc355361665c370226c9e.jpg

Well, naturally I knew his name. He introduced himself to us before, after all. I almost giggled a bit, but the tension in the room was very much palpable and putting me more on edge than I wanted to be. There was no danger around right now, why should I be feeling like that? Why did he have this emphasis on this words like there was some meaning behind all of them that I just wasn't grasping? Even when he said those words about how good it was to work with himself, he didn't mean it, but I couldn't laugh along either, ending up just pushing forth a smile. The cherry on top, the way I flinched a bit seeing him make an effort to straighten up like that afterwards, muscles tensing up and slowly opening just a little bit as though preparing to catch him. It was a relief that wasn't needed, though he seemed quite concerned about going to get things ready.

"But everyone needs time to prepare too right? We didn't know when you were going to be up, so everyone's been doing their own things, thinking about things... Oh, could it be we have a strict schedule to keep I didn't know about? I'm really sorry if that's the case! I'll try to hurry up with things, then again I really don't have a lot I would need to do anyway, but I can help if you need me to do something! What needs to get done? Is there something we need to pack that wasn't in our supplies? Something we to check, someone we need to talk to? I'll do my best not to forget any of it!"

I gave him a vehement nod and then the conversation continued. I offered to help him to a chair, and he refused, insisting that he could walk by himself.

"Alright, understood! I'll just - woah!" I rushed a step ahead instinctively, wanting to break the fall, which ended up with him bumping right onto me. Well, it didn't look he could as he said after all. I couldn't help chuckling a bit, I mean, he reminded me of a toddler back in-

An image flashed in my mind. My chest tightened, there was a tingling, my blood felt like it sped up just a bit, breathing got just a bit heavier. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and smiled brightly, going for a light hug, before pulling back and helping him to lean on my shoulder once he'd resigned to it.

"Ok, let's go, breakfast time! We probably want to save our actual rations for later, and there's not a ton available besides that, but meat is meat, right? Even if it's kind of skinny and dry. A good breakfast is important, cause the breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it gives you energy for the rest of it." Well, it might be best not to name what creature provided said meat was. Rats were not the most pleasant image for a breakfast.

I fetched one of the jars I put in stuff I caught from the "hunting" I was shown (or what poor imitation I could make of it), started a small fire and got to cooking it. It would still be a short few minutes before it was ready to eat though.

"Earlier you said it was nice to work with "the Hilt's brother", and whether I could think of anyone better... I'm sure you meant something with that and I totally missed it, but you know, after leaving that other place I travelled alone for a while. I don't really know if it was a long time or a short time, I don't know what a long or a short time adventuring is. But travelling with someone better, no, I can't imagine it. Who else would just let someone like me travel with them, you know? I think maybe I'm not the only one who feels that way. Of course, it would be better if we didn't have to deal with those weird things! But I guess dealing with them is the reason for this journey together in the first place... Just thinking about the complicated stuff would be a mess, so I'll let you point the way, and be happy to be able to go there and do what we have to do. if I kept thinking about where I would be better, I would just keep going right back around."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Interacting With: seasonedcat seasonedcat
Mentions: N/A
Might Also Want to Read: N/A​

Correct! Holding the door for a lady is merely the polite and proper thing for him to do. He's had more than enough of his mother berating him for every mistake he made when manners are concerned. Believe me, after an entire century of being yelled at for 'not holding the door' or 'asking questions unbecoming of a gentleman' he's learned to just... Do it. Bear with the niceties, otherwise an angry elf woman will yell at you until she's blue in the face. Ignore her, and get an earful from dad about respecting your mother. Honestly, just easier to use his manners... For those who deserve it. After all, it's not like he was expected to give the same respect to a peasant child as he would a maid, nor the same respect for a maid to an honored guest at a dinner party. "No problem."

Faenor waited a few seconds after Yona passed the doorway, before going through himself. After all, he didn't want to bump into her in his haste to reach the backroom. Bowling people over is the work of uncivilized brutes, neither of which could describe him. However, he did stop in the kitchen to acquire the kettle, and fill it up with water. Can't make tea without water to boil and steep it. He'd grab tea, but the selection here was rather bare, compared to what he had packed away for his own use throughout the journey. With a kettle of water, he'd go off.

Once in the garden room, he'd set the kettle of room temp water on a small table he had moved in here. He had to pull a travel tea pot and cups from one of the few bags he didn't leave on the stables. For the tea pot of a noble it was... Somewhat lackluster. Which is the point for a travel set. You don't travel with porcelain pots, with intricate designs. Even if you can repair it, that's a family heirloom. No, instead you travel with a somewhat plain pot of a more sturdy material. In this case, his tea pot and cups were of a metallic make. He believes it's some form of iron? Possibly. Free from embellishments, besides one noticeable detail. A tree in flames, his family's symbol. Beneath it, were words, inscribed in Elvish script. 'I glad must narv- an siniath galas', his family's motto. The forest must burn for new growth.

Carefully, he'd pull a compartmented box from his supplies, and slowly open it. Each compartment held pouches of loose tea, the edge of the bag marked with what kind of tea it was. Let's see... You know what? Let's not overthink it. He likes jasmine tea, so he's going to have jasmine tea. With that decided, he'd use a little spoon within the box to carefully, carefully... scooped out two spoonfuls. Where did he put it? Glad you asked. Since this was meant to be a travel pot, it normally wouldn't have any fancy schmancy items to keep the leaves from ending up in a cup, however he had a grate integrated into the spout on the inside, to allow tea to pass, but not the loose leaf.

It took... Basically no time at all for the water to come to a boil. He, after all, personally controlled the heat he was using. No, the most important thing, was getting that first pour in a proper amount of time. So, once the water was transferred from kettle to pot, and the leaves began to steep... He'd close his eyes and meditate. It was, honestly, not hard to guesstimate how long to let it steep. After all, you won't always have staff on hand to make the tea for you. So he's learned, generally, how to estimate five minutes. For him, he usually went through everything he knew about his connector. That generally took five minutes. The silk was harvested by hand. He had spent a majority of what he had saved up for the last seventy years to have it soaked in so much dragon's blood. Do you know how long it takes to permanently stain an entire glove in dragon's blood? Fucking forever. At least f- His focus was stopped by Yona's light knocking at the door. Thankfully, he wasn't meditating on his magic this time, so no sudden combustions.

"Yes, the prior owners of this place may have had questionable taste in design, but they understood the importance of natural light for a garden room." The room slowly would fill with a floral scent as the tea steeped. "Feel free to take a seat wherever you wish, the tea should be ready any minute."

CasualTea CasualTea

Yona nodded as she took a seat across from Faenor at the table. She then spent her time thinking about things as she waited for the tea. She looked at Faenor's gloves and with the limited knowledge she has about mages and their tools, a connector was once part of a living being. Since her visit to Dral, she wondered why her connector, crystalized from a thunder bird's heart was left for her in Penari. She wondered if it was always there the entire time or did her parents leave her a parting gift if ever she came back to that household. Why did she put it on? It was a nice head dress, but at the same time...

Well, how could she have known those events would unfold like that. It all just happened in a burst and before she knew it, she was already on horseback fleeing Penari as fast as she could and taking a boat across the sea. Her journey from Penari to Kharien was a blur to her at this point. Now she just wondered how Azoth was able to assess how much mana Yona had in her. When she was training with Azoth, she first had to figure out how much mana Yona can output. But even that much was a blur. All she knew was that it was a lot if she can use it right. The fight before, she definitely wasted a lot of mana that night. She'll have to rethink her strategy on fighting such monsters in the future. If anything, they seem just as fragile as any other living thing she's slain. However, whether they react to pain the same way as humans is a different story.

She poked at the dangling crystal that hung from her head dress and felt it react a little as it glistened and the visible dark red mana shielding shielding flash a little on the side. She'd take it off but she felt as if it was a part of her and that it was not even a nuisance to wear. She looked back at Faenor and the tea before sitting back in her seat. It was silent but that's a little to be expected. What could she bring to the table to talk about?

"...Say, how easy would it be to make another connector? I never made on myself." She asked curiously. She wanted to know if connectors could be made within a short period and if it requires a specific grade of living beast to be converted into a connector.

Edelmira.png

#B1E1CB
Interacting:
Firelie Firelie

9au8XWi.png
Mira flinched away, believing for a split second that the worst had revealed itself: that Alterne's presence here was malicious rather than anything else. But it became evident that the younger girl's sudden shout was anything but. In her hands was a beautiful amber gemstone, fastened to a necklace. Judging by the sole word Alterne blurted out, it was a gift for her.

Breathless, the young Scabbard let the amulet fall into her grasp. She remained quiet as the blind girl went through her words; a grateful expression that reminded Mira of the one thing she forgot over the week: she did help. She did do something good.

Edelmira didn't even realize she was tearing up until a small streak of water ran down her cheek. "Th-Thank you...! I will cherish this!" she breathed out quietly. Sniffling, she quickly brought her free hand along her face, rubbing it dry. She couldn't let Alterne know she was crying; she hadn't cried any of the days between because she was strong! It would have been embarrassing if anyone knew she cried because of this! Taking a few breaths, Mira clutched the amulet against her chest. "I-I'm fine! I'm a strong girl...!"

"Well, it would depend on a lot of factors. For starters, you'd need a good idea of how much mana you can sustainably output. After all, if you've got a low grade connector and try to force a lot of mana through it... Well..." He'd hum thoughtfully, trying to gauge how he'd put it. "Higher quality connectors are able to take in more mana for use. If the energy can't get through the connector, it still has to go somewhere. It's usually dependant on one's magic from what I've seen, but it either explodes outwards, or will block up a mage's ability to use magic. So you'd have to get a good idea of how much you output, to figure out what kind of beast or object may be needed as material."

Idly, Faenor would hold up his right hand, the glove passively glowing with his magic. "I, for example, am able to output large amounts of mana for devastating attacks, as you no doubt saw during that night with my indiscriminate attacks. For my connector, these gloves had to soak in the blood of dragons attuned with flame for weeks. This, of course, accrued a very high cost since such dragons had to be sourced and brought down to fill a bowl to let them soak. However, it was quite necessary for me to have it made in this manner." He'd set down the teapot, to lift his right glove a bit. From his wrist up, his hand had been burned repeatedly throughout his years practicing. He'd tug it back down.

"In theory, I could make use of weaker connectors. I've used some soaked in salamander blood. I practiced with connectors made of charcoal and coated in ash. However, those tend to get worn out extremely quickly, and any of my more advanced spells would cause it to practically blow up in my face, or create a rather nasty system backlash as the mana rushes back into me. However, if I want to use my practiced skills to their fullest, I needed high quality. That, or just have a lot of weak connectors that are liable to kill me with magical backlash."

Allowing a momentary pause in his explanation, Faenor would pick up the teapot once more to begin pouring into the two cups. He had an extremely serious expression on his face, as he schooled his muscles into the smallest of movements, ensuring not even a single drop missed the cups. A consistent, even pour for both. Once satisfied, he'd pick up one cup, and walk over to Yona's side of the table to deposit it. He didn't have the gall to even consider ruining his manners by sliding it over.

Once back in his seat, he'd offer a polite smile. "So in truth? It depends entirely on the caster and what they want, and need from a connector, to determine how easy it is to make another. In theory, I could make a simple one in minutes if I just used something I've burned, but it'd be so laughably weak I'd be shocked if it could produce a spark before exploding from the mana running through it."

Carefully, he'd take a sip of tea, enjoying the subtle flavors. "Now, if I may ask... Have you named your connector? Some mages do so, if they've got one of particularly high quality."

CasualTea CasualTea

Yona listened to Faenor's lecture intently, very interested in the topic actually. The whole process varied in how much time and what sort of resources it took to make a connector. She then began to wonder how long it took for her connector to be made. All she ever knew that it was made from the heart of a thunder bird and then modified for additional abilities like the manifestation of objects. She never learned the duration of how long it was made.

When she received the cup of tea from Faenor, Yona thanked him both visually and verbally. She nodded her head while giving him a word of "Thank you." then waited for Faenor to seat himself back down before taking a sip of the tea carefully. She didn't want to burn herself or spill it and cause injury to herself. Plus, Faenor just made the tea. It'd be a waste to spill anything after it was just served and the tea was delicately prepared as the flavors introduced themselves clearly.

And then, it was Faenor's turn to ask. Naming a connector of high quality is the same as naming one's weapon which has been thoroughly forged to last long and combat against anything its user so wishes. Especially when that weapon has grown to become a part of the wielder and to continue its service to them. For her though, she never thought of such a concept for her connector. Realizing how much care mages put into their connectors, her expression slowly grew of something similar when a war veteran recalls memories from a battlefield.

She almost seemed a little distant in her expression as she began recalling where her connector was found and how she obtained it. What it brought for her and what it allowed her to do. It brought forth possibilities she could not even imagine for herself. It made her feel even more powerful than she ever was. But all that with a cost of abandoning her dreams of her future career that she had carved for herself. It turned her into something she never thought would mark her forever as no longer part of the Blades.

Soon, she took a deep breath as she shook her head. What's done is done and all she can do now is just keeping moving forward. Currently, she has to answer. She can't let Faenor wait forever. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to share some of her past with him. "No, I've not." She said before taking off the headdress and held it in front of her carefully, just like she would a family heirloom. The visible mana shielding plate shard deactivating once it was taken off. "This only showed up in my life abruptly, left behind by my biological parents who abandoned me as a toddler once I told them I wanted to become a Blade. It was normal for others to follow the path of the Blades if you lived in Penari. I just never knew they were mages part of the rebellion and those words marked me as a traitor in their eyes which gives them reason to disown me. As to why they left this behind, I don't know."

"It did save me back then though. Not everyone in Penari has good intentions when they first meet you and wish to take advantage of you in some way or another. I was trying it on thinking it was just an ordinary accessory, but then when I was overpowered by strength alone I somehow was able to use it and conjured up a knife and used it to kill my aggressor. I had to flee Penari after that. They would be looking for a murderer who used magic and I can guess that the outcome won't be so pretty."

She soon put back on her connector which reactivated the shielding shard on the side upon contact. She took another breath before sipping her tea and letting the flavors permeate her throat once again. She then looked up at Faenor, wonder what sort of expression he was making. She wasn't curious as to what he was thinking since it wouldn't matter at the moment. If he wanted to use this kind of information in some way, there wasn't anything he could use it for during this expedition. "Perhaps I can give it a name, but it'll take me a bit of thought. This sort of thing needs careful consideration, doesn't it?" She asked as she had already begun considering names for her connector.

"Maybe you can tell me the name of your connector and how you came up with it? It could help me draw some inspiration of a name fitting of the connector." She requested before taking another sip of her tea, it being a lot more comfortable to drink now that it wasn't too hot to burn her or anything. It still even kept its initial taste like before.

v2-e32f87dc7c93ce6d7a2dcd5e2341ba18_1440w.jpgTiria & Siv
Interaction: seasonedcat seasonedcat

From behind the stables a figure stepped away from the stark morning shadows. Her black hair was draped over an eye, as usual, while the other looked as sullen as ever. She walked up behind Borre, standing a sword swing away. She was silent for a moment, as if considering her choices or words, before eventually muttering out something.

"Guess this means Snowy didn't die, huh? 'Suppose he's tougher than he looks."

Tiria's arms were crossed over her chest and a sour look was on her face. For most of the group's stay at the town she had been missing in action, showing up occasionally for food before slinking away to sulk again. She had refused to talk to any of the party, with the only exception being Borre, though that in itself was limited to a few sentences. With this said, it was uncertain how she got the memo for their departure, but she found her way well enough.

Siv trotted behind Tiria, ears perked up and tail wagging happily at Borre. He was painfully opposite in mood to Tiria, who looked like she hadn't slept well in days. A dark color gathered around her eyes, which glared down at the ground rather than looking at Borre. She shifted the bag on her shoulder uncomfortably. It seemed as if she had made her decision to go.

"Borre. Why are you going with us?" Tiria said flatly, still looking at the ground.

Anselm shook his head at the girls sudden apology a thought of his young self flowing through his mind as if on instinct. A thought he wasn't the happiest to have. He shook them off though forcing his brain to instead respond to the girl,

"No strict schedule really, only the reducing life of the world." He laughed out. He then realized that sounded kind of rude and quickly added, flushing even more, "not that- that was not supposed to be rude i
I just meant that...no really schedule..."
he stumbled out in a confused manner. He wasn't used to being visibly weak and have someone care about it rather than scold him. He was put off by it to say the least...

when Sitra tensed Anselm of course noticed. Instant guilt flowing through him and cause the blush on his face to fade. He was about to push back off her when she suddenly hugged him. Anselm found himself blinking, completely still for a momment before his face turned into a dark red. As he began to sputter out before just nodding along with whatever she was saying.

as they got to the kitchen Anselm sat himself down, letting out a sigh of relief as he sat down. He closed his eyes as Sitra began to work in the kitchen, relaxing his body for a momment at the surprisingly tender morning. As she began to speak again he opened his eyes yet again.

at her words Anselm face morphed in surprise for a momment before turning to a small smile, "I guess when you put it like that old me doesn't sound so bad..." he laughed lightly, this time it had an actual light tone in it, the sentence not a self depreciating as normal.

"So any clue how the others are doing?" He offered as a continuation of their conversation, a tad embarrassed he had not be able to follow suit in everyone's well being during his time being injured.
Idea Idea
---
at the sound of a familiar voice Borre turned with a smile to see the gloomy little girl, "Tira there you are, she has been waiting for you ever since you woke up she is a strong one!" He gave the horse another pat as she let out a prideful neigh as if she knew what they were saying, "oh sorry, I asked the others for your name..." he added sheepishly,

"And yes Sir Anselm is recovering nicely, however I worry that him pushing himself with leaving so soon might have a negative impact on him..." he trailed off with a slight
frown. At the sight of Siv however his smile returned as he reached down to pet him,

"Hi there little one, how are you doing this fine day?" At Tira's question he stopped for a momment before responding, "Well to be fair I did break my orders coming here to help the people and abandoned my watch..." he laughed nervously before continuing, "not sure they would be happy with me for that or be willing to look the other way for a Millow..." he rubbed his neck with a sheepish look before adding one more thing,

"And to be fair the Blades are doing nothing to help people they are too busy pointing their fingers at mages to help the real ones suffering. Even if it costs me my knight title I want to help people. Truly help those in need, not just the ones who can put money in our pockets." With his statement finished there was silence for a momment before his face lit up,

"Oh right! I have a gift for you, colour me surprised when I found out you weren't the stable girl!" He laughed at himself before continuing, "everyone on this journey needs some weapon, so here." He pulls out the sheath he had next to the horse and handed it to her. It was made out of a dark leather with metal detailing it along with an engraved symbol on it, the symbol of the Blades,

"A sword bone dagger able to cut through enemies and magic a line. And before you deny it know that I can get a hundred just like this. And plus, someone has to watch Siv's back, even if he is a strong boy yes you are~" he spoke happily at the end as he looked down at the joyful eyes of Siv who clearly understood the praise. Even though part of what he said was a lie to Tira. Sure he could get another but he doubted they would have his Uncle's personal dagger there. The words 'feather light' engraved on its perfectly maintained blade. Or the symbol of the Millow house burned into one of the straps used to hold the sheath. But that didn't matter, what mattered more was helping Tira stay alive so no one else had to die for this,

"When we get the chance to, I can teach you how to fight, how does that sound?" He added with a large smile at the girl.
Juju Juju

• Sitra
    012da7c6f2acc355361665c370226c9e.jpg

If earlier I couldn't give anything but a look of confusion at Anselm's attempted joke (though I was afterwards relieved to know there wasn't some tight schedule we were running up against), once he laughed with that freer chuckle, I huge smile was plastered on my face, and couldn't help turning to him, or even pointing the wooden spoon I was cooking with towards him.

"Ah! You laughed for real now! That is so much nicer." It was a pity the Hilt didn't do it more often. I only hear it once, however briefly, but it felt at least for that little bit like the air wasn't as tense around him. He felt a lot more like the kind of boy you'd see out paying somewhere, having fun with his friends poking whatever strange creatures they found or trying to impress people by helping their parents or neighbors with feats they would lightly embarrassed about having done when they grew up.

Still, having said that, I returned my focused to preparing breakfast. Wouldn't be too long before it was done, it seemed. I even hummed a bit, almost forgetting the kind of breakfast we were to have, until Anselm added that other question, not an unexpected one, but one that was a little complicated to fully wrap my head around. There was a lot about people that was just that sort of mixed, vague, complicated thing, you would think someone was thinking something but they had something else entirely in mind, or maybe you found a kindred spirit only to learn they couldn't stand your way of doing things. I wasn't going to stop trying to guess of course, that was important. I just hoped he wouldn't hold it against me or take me more seriously than I deserved to be treated.

My smile shifted a bit from that more joyous one to a slightly more nervous kind.

"Well, it felt a bit like there were uhm... less of us these few days? I guess, I think everyone was recovering in their own ways. You were obviously here, but I haven't seen much of the scabbard girl or Tiria. I'm not sure what they were doing, I was trying to help around and practice, and I didn't want to accidentally get in their way or screw something up, I thought it was best if I left it alone, whatever it was. Same for whatever that other tiny girl, you know, the one with the tail who can't see? Yeah, same for whatever she was worrying about. She seemed pretty deep in thought, like she was pacing around and mumbling something... I did try to give her a thumbs up, just like 'hey I'm rooting for you!' but uh, I guess I realized afterwards she couldn't see it anyway..." I chuckled a bit, rubbing the back of my head. "Oh, but Faenor and the horse l- I mean, Yona, they seem to be getting along, and they helped out too, especially with the situation with the bodies everywhere. That was nice of them, and I think it'll be a lot better for the scabbard girl, she seemed pretty uhm, what's the word, disbaut? Disgraut? Anyways, she was upset about all the dead people I think before I left her back then, so I think it's good it was cleared up, this way she can come outside easier. Was there anyone else..."

Almost ready. The rat, that is.

"Ah, right, that man in armor. He seemed a little restless to me. Like he couldn't wait to keep going, but also like he was trying not to say it. Maybe he didn't want us to worry? It's hard to guess what he is thinking, even more than anyone else though. I think he wouldn't have blinked before pulling his sword if someone so much as bumped into him though. Oh, and then there's that new person who helped us, he's been... well, he's been doing what he's been doing from the starting, helping out."

I took the cooked rat meat out of the pot and poured it into a clay plate, which I placed in front of Anselm with a better smile now. The smoke raised up to my nostrils, instinctively sniffing.

"Hmmm... smells better than I expected... Guess this one probably turned out pretty well! I hope you like it! Actually, maybe I should take a little myself? Just a nibble though."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Interacting With: seasonedcat seasonedcat
Mentions: AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa Firelie Firelie Juju Juju CasualTea CasualTea The True Plague The True Plague Goonfire Goonfire
Might Also Want to Read: N/A​

“Urgh…” Hackel held a hand against his chest. He could still feel the sting of the blade that gouged into him, regardless of the expert cleaning and stitching of his wound. He worked slowly to repair his armor, salvaging fabric and leather scraps wherever he found them. The rudimentary patching and binding would be sufficient until he received an upgrade.

Oftentimes during this break, Hackel found himself gazing over the horizon, wondering what the future held—perhaps not only battles and hardships, but budding alliances and potential friendships with people he once persecuted. He still gagged at the thought of working with that jackal Faenor, but they all suddenly seemed less like proverbial demons, at least in the face of the real ones... but it begged the question, did they think the same of Hackel?

"Bah," he grumbled under his breath as he turned to reunite with his unlikely companions. He'd give them until the end of this journey, then they'd all be back to the status quo of throwing axes and fireballs at each other and penning letters of condemnation—not that he wanted it. They had better finish sooner rather than later, lest he grow too fond of his old enemies.

Returning to the gathering team, the bounty hunter passed Tiria and Borre. He froze like a statue at the sound of those words leaving the latter's mouth. Tiria might learn to fight? "Perhaps you'll want help some extra insight," he offered, having turned his head to look at the two. Hackel's swordplay technique had changed over the years, morphing to favor practicality and brutal cunning. Borre struck him as fresh-faced and by-the-books—someone who took treatises on swordplay as law. "See me later, Blade," he then added simply before moving along.

Gods have mercy! Hackel could hear Sitra driving someone else deaf talking, talking, and talking. He only stopped when he realized she was chatting with Anselm. The fallen Blade recoiled when he realized the Hilt was already back on his feet after their shared near-death experience. "Up so soon?" he remarked as some means of greeting after recovering from the initial shock.

seasonedcat seasonedcat Juju Juju Idea Idea

Faenor nodded slowly, taking in the information provided to him. He wasn't exactly expecting to receive any information on Yona's past straight from her, but hey, he wasn't going to complain. Saves him some time on having to look into it. Perhaps he could find her parents, presuming they still live and haven't left the Rebellion. Most likely natives of Penari, he'd have to guesstimate age based off however old she was though. Throughout this entire story, contrary to his tea companion, he's been drinking from his cup. He preferred it to be burning hot. If he didn't run the risk of scalding his tongue, what's the point of heating it up?

Once she was finished, he'd put down his cup, fingers steepled together. Let's see... Should he just ignore that entire info dump about her life? Well, possibly, but that'd be incredibly rude. Especially since she was open about it. But comforting isn't really his thing... Oh well, he could try? "Perhaps they left it behind as a means of getting back into contact with them? If the material used for it was exceptional, it'd likely be possible to track down the creator. From there, one could learn who commissioned the piece, and thus you'd be able to get in contact with them if you so wished. That, or it may have been an attempt to force you on a different path?"

"Hard to say, really. The former is the more charitable of the options, though knowing how well the Rebellion and Blades mix, it could very well be the latter. Most I can say is it at least seems to have come in handy, if it allowed you to protect yourself when physical strength alone could not."
His expression, through all of this was kept decidedly neutral. He didn't wish to show overt interest in the topic, but also was intrigued enough that he couldn't fake boredom. Perhaps she'd be able to notice hints of his interest in how steady his gaze was? Maybe.

"Oh. My connector?" He'd... He'd actually blush a little out of embarrassment, looking away. He... Didn't really ever get asked the name of his connector. Either people already knew, or they simply didn't care to ask. It was... A little embarrassing to admit how little creativity he had when naming things. "I named my connector... Snapdragon." Did he dare to go into why? It was kind of silly... But she did share information on her past. What harm could it do then, to give some in return?

"I named it such, for three reasons. The first, and most obvious reason is that it's been soaked in dragon blood, and can create a spark with merely a snap." To demonstrate, he does snap, and as stated, a spark was produced. "The second reason, was to pay respect to the beast slain so that I may have this connector. Very few beasts embody the pure strength and majesty of flame as well as a dragon of fire. As a pyromancer, I found it fitting to incorporate the beast into the name."

He'd pause, internally debating on revealing the third... Decides to glance out at the desolate garden out the window, and sighs. "The third reason is... Are you aware of the symbolism behind the flower of the same name? It represents grace and strength. My mother has an entire section of the family's garden dedicated just to snapdragons. I've... Grown more than just a bit fond of the flower myself." The snapdragon also is associated with deception, but well, why would he admit to that?

"Don't suppose that really helped you figure out how to name yours, did it?"

CasualTea CasualTea

When Faenor began talking about her past and the reasons why things happened the way they were, she could tell he at least put in some effort behind his words to express his interest. She could tell with the steady gaze he kept. It was neither of apathy or zeal, just an average expression when you have a casual conversation with another. It didn't seemed like he'd try to dig in deeper into her past or anything nor did he want to be apathetic about it. He was genuinely responding to it. She also understood both reasons and thought maybe both reasons were plausible. While it does serve purpose to send her on a completely different path, what path would it be if there was no guide? If they really wanted to integrate her into the Rebellion, there had to be a sort of escort set for her or clues she can find to see her destination. But instead of that, she fled on her own and was just a wandering drifter. So getting into contact with them once again might also be possible if they want to utilize her power for it. And why leave such a strong connector with her as well? They could've used it and they had no knowledge of what she was capable of. Perhaps they seek to take advantage of her training as a blade to help aid the Rebellion? So many questions... "Both reasons are plausible..." She muttered to herself.

She was forced to stop pondering all the reasons why as her darkened expression soon brightened up when Faenor began talking about the name of his connector. The almighty and legendary connector that the one and only Romulus Faenor can possess and commands it to obey his every will: Snapdragon. It honestly made her break into a soft chuckle for a bit. She was expecting to hear something grand but hearing that now, she was caught off guard. Hearing his reasoning behind the name made sense but the third reason however, that was adorable. "Sorry for laughing. Snapdragon took me off guard. for a moment." She said. "But it did look like you put in a lot of thought into it and was thinking about the history of your connector." She then began thinking what sort of name she could give her connector. She was thinking of all that it brought to her and how it affected her life as of now.

When she was a blade, she was completely blinded to the struggles of mages and how they lived. She didn't know how the world worked in reality. However, she was able to learn all sorts of things with this new found power of hers. This out worldly power she would never have dreamed of having as a child. It made her open her eyes to the cruelty of the world while at the same time experience the same beauty of it. It allowed her to take the world as it is and soon, the connector became a part of her. If she hadn't found this connector, where would she have been? Still with the blades doing nothing while the world was crumbling away and rotting when these monstrous creatures come uninvited? Would it have been an easier life? There was no right between either paths she would've took. But with how her current life is going, she'd say it was more fruitful. It showed her things that Penari itself cannot show her.

"...Sentience." She muttered. "...Considering it allowed me to venture out into the world in my own way and let me learn things on my own, Sentience should be a good placeholder until I find more history behind it. And maybe who made it. I have to look for my parents again after all of this to get the answers I want." She said with just a tinge of determination before she realized that she was babysitting her cup of tea for a while. She took a sip and noticed that the temperature had gone down just a bit. She took another sip before looking towards Faenor. "Surely, that sounds like a nice name for now, right?" She asked. Obviously, her mind was still all over the place but she was trying to keep focus.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back