• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A Study in Fiction - A long-term partner search for original plots

Rubix

Ruby

❀ HELLO!

My writing journey began in fourth grade. We were asked to write short stories about anything we wanted and I wrote about some magical dancing fruits. My teacher really encouraged me to continue creative writing at the time because she really liked how imaginative I’ve tried to capture the story. Ever since then, I’ve been creating these fictional characters and scenarios that I’ve been excited to share. Unfortunately, not a lot of my friends were as enthusiastic as I was so I haven’t found people to relay these ideas with until I found role-playing online. It’s been a great hobby of mine since then. :)

I’m here to look for long-term partners, for the most part. But I understand that life happens and partners (potential and otherwise) ghost. I don’t mind being left or discontinuing an RP that’s no longer fun. That just leaves the door open to start something new or pick up where we left off. Allons-y!

❀ ROLE-PLAY STYLE

I consider my style to be pretty literate. It’s descriptive, character-driven, and action-oriented when the scenario/plot calls for it. In a way, I try my best to convey my character’s inner world to the outside. When I create characters, they tend to be detailed and I truly do aim to make them as fleshed out and rounded as I can. Of course, I’m a proponent for change too - character development and all the fun plotting things and head canons and AUs.

I don’t really set a word count or character limit, but my responses do err on the lengthy side (500 words and upwards). Other than that, I usually take my time to respond and I value patience in my partners as well.

To be honest, I usually can’t keep up with short, rapid-fire responses so if that’s your jam, we could be dancing to different tunes. But I can assure you that I usually don’t post unless it’s my best. I try to match my partner’s length or at least write to add something new to the scene.

I write characters in a spectrum of genders and orientations. Diversity is a great explorative avenue to express all of the detail, colour, and tone that life has to offer - isn’t it?

I’m adaptive to things like face claims/character descriptions, doubling, or even genre/setting. I’m open-minded to most things so run your ideas by me and we’ll see where it takes us. This includes your original plots, if you’d like to share them. I have my own listed below too.

If you’d like a writing sample, all you need is to ask.

❀ INTERESTS

I don’t really know what to put here because I’m down to try anything that catches my attention.

I’m a sucker for romance, but it doesn’t have to be in the RP to keep me interested. Platonic, familial, and antagonistic dynamics are fun to play around too.

My favourite RPs usually have action, adventure, darkness, grit, mystery, and surprising twists and turns. I think it’s exciting to plot worlds and characters that evolve.

Elements of sci-fi and fantasy are a good place to start and get the ball rolling. But on the flip side, modern day fluff and slice of life are also fun and comfy and super chill. Unexpected meet cutes or slow burns are my some of my go-tos.

❀ WORD BANK

Crime and Justice, Espionage, Private Detectives, Criminal Syndicates, Moral Ambiguity, War, Tactics & Propaganda, Post-Apocalytic, Fugitives, Gentlemen/women Bandits, Corruption, Alternate History, Technology VS. Nature, Mechanization of Living Society (Androids and Robots), Incongruous Time Travel, Neo-noir/Cyberpunk, Terraforming New Planets, Aliens, Westerns/Space Westerns, Never-ending Journey/Quest/Exploration, Modern Day Myths/Mythology, Reincarnation, Hidden Powers, Dystopian/Utopian Societies, Conspiracy, Imaginary Monsters, Psychological Thriller, Revenge, Redemption Arc, Secret Lives, Supernatural Towns/Creatures, Descent into Madness, Shapeshifters, Strained Relationships, Coming of Age, Childhood Friends, Enemies to Lovers, Opposite Attracts, Slow Burn, One-Sided Attraction, Exploration of Established Relationships, Soul Mates

❀ PLOT BUNNIES

Shot in the Dark - As much as life had dealt Muse A with a bad hand, losing their sight early on in life, they continued to make the best of their condition and adapt into society as best as they could. While in reality the dark smudges and blurry shapes was what they perceived, their vision came into focus in their dreams. Like some strange precognition, somehow, these prophetic dreams bore some weight into the happenings of the real world. Yet, their ability to put action into these dreams is limited in mobility. Enter Muse B, an android bought/hired by Muse A’s family to care for and assist them. Muse B was a retired/de-militarized model of mechanical soldier. With their root functions reprogrammed for domestic use, their aim is to help Muse A in their daily activities - running errands, making meals, etc. Unbeknownst to either of them, Muse A has been targeted and threats to their life have been made. Thankfully, slivers of clues have been left in Muse A’s dream aid to protect them. If they had any chances of survival, they must now work together with Muse B to override their previous programming and restore their previous state.

I imagine this to be set in a modern world like in Detroit Become Human, but we can always change it up as well.

Stuck in the Middle With You - What is life like after death? Muse A couldn’t tell you. After experiencing an accident that did physically kill Muse A, their consciousness awoke into a body that isn’t their own. Like some wild fervour dream, they were living in someone else’s story. As awkward as it is for them, this realization isn’t as jarring as the one that Muse B had. Imagine one day sleeping as peacefully on your own, then the next, having another consciousness try to control your actions. Or worse, peak into your memories. Stuck in the same body, Muse A and Muse B have to overcome their differences and adapt to their new “living situation”.

I think body swapping is an interesting concept, but two different consciousness sharing the same physical body could be disastrous fun! It’s like switching perspectives to the same event without the six degrees of separation. The best part is that the setting and plot is totally open. Muse B could be living in a time of war or Muse A could’ve died with valour as aliens invaded their home. Sky’s the limit!

Of Nerfs and Buffs - Muse A’s legacy was cemented in stone when they broke the record for speed-running the most difficult level of their game. They’ve been grinding the same dungeons to get better upgrades for months and it’s finally paid off. It took more than a few tries, but it was satisfying to reach the end screen.. At least until a massive power outage occurred. While the grid line in their whole street went down, the only thing Muse A was worried about was if their game/achievement was saved. Little did they know that a storm was about to hit them. Or rather a shockwave. The ground beneath their feet shook because in the very next room Muse B, the game’s strongest and most difficult to beat boss, had manifested into their reality and they weren’t exactly taking kindly to beating they took when they last squared off with Muse A. Maybe Muse A shouldn’t have mocked them with their in-game avatar/character. Oops!

Imagine the most Gigachad character/monster limited to having the physical limitation of a tiny human and a tiny human suddenly unsure of what to do with their unyielding powers. Anyone up for a reverse isekai?

Last One Standing - Commissioned by the ruling government in secret, the crew of Onyx Osprey was to pillage a merchant’s vessel from an opposing country. “Take all the loot you want, but the munition are ours. Bring them back and you’ll find your coffers filled to the brim,” the first general relays. Lured by gold and the adrenaline high of the seas, these independent sailors went to complete their mission. But soon they find that they aren’t alone. It seems that other pirates, buccaneers, and the opposition’s own naval vessels are in play, guarding the merchant’s ship and ensuring safe passage. What are they to do now?

I’d like to thank AC:Black Flag and a rabbit hole of sea shanty’s from Stan Rogers for this one. This is totally open, whether we both play the crew or the other play’s another side, let’s go on an adventure in the high seas!

❀ THANKS!

If you happen to be interested in role-playing, don’t be afraid to shoot me a message or leave a comment. I’m always excited to chat with new people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back