• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Slice of Life Isekai World IC/Main Thread.

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
- Oki Tsukiya -

With a nonchalant fine brow raised, Oki continued to wait patiently. Not reacting to hostile woman despite being a few feet away from him. Though he did tilt his head a bit when he saw the dull glow and the buzz, curiosity gleaming in his golden eyes. It was like hearing the cicadas during a heat wave, but without the heat. It could have been a pleasant memory if only the woman would stop glaring death upon him for a second or two.

He is just waiting and waiting until she finally sighed and stared at him. Obviously not happy, but she’s talking with less hostility! That’s better than wishing death upon him with a glare. Annoyed, most likely, is what Oki thought as he watched her movements. He clapped his hands together once, smiling so brightly that his cheeks plumped up to his eyes. Relieved to hear her disgruntled response. It’s a lot better than an outright attack. “Of course. Now my question.”

”Can you point to me where I can find the exit to the forest that leads to the outskirts of Albion? I lost my sense of direction from smelling baked goods here. Couldn’t resist a good blueberry cheesecake ~” Oki sighed nostalgically, remembering the wonderfully sweet and tart flavors from the yummy dessert.

Ace Cream Ace Cream That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

Orchid

Where was she again? A demon with reddish skin tone plow through the forest. There's an unusual amount of wolf's howl in the forest but that was none of her concern. She used one of her skill to track down a fugitive that flee here and killed him, a human that tries to spy on the demon's territory. After disposing the body near the river, she tried to get back to her homeland but got lost instead. Shame that she can track a target even if they run to the corner of hell but can't get herself out of a forest.

"I'm not getting paid enough for this." She mumbled to herself as she cleaved a charging dog-sized beetle monster that thinks she was an easy meal. She then keep walking, and walking, and walking. Did she walk pass that three not too long ago? She was bewildered and frustated. Fortunately, something in the corner of her sight piqued her interest. A small abandoned building in the middle of a forest. Great! Definitely not suspicious at all. She needs a place to eat her meal without attracting monsters anyway.

She entered the building, poking the floor to make sure that it won't crumble the moment she steps in, but other than the very dusty interior the building seems quite sturdy. She investigated the rooms inside the house and was surprised when she discover a girl sleeping on the floor.

"The hell!" Orchid was wondering what should she do in this situation. There's a sleeping defenseless girl in front of her, isolated in an abandoned building in the middle of a dangerous forest. No one would hear her scream. Orchid had a wide grin as she pulled a bottle of ink from her pocket... and draw whiskers on the girl's face.

"Ahahahahaha." She couldn't contain herself and let out a cheesy and rehearsed evil laugh. So evil! So sinister! Her boss would be proud of this!

Faynorae Faynorae

Leon Starborn: The Arsonist

On the lonely grassy plains, on top of a small hill, laid a campsite, the fires of the stick and log fueled flames in the middle of the camp dwindling down, their fuel source completing their purpose and having burned down to ashes, and without a source in order to keep itself lit in the circle, it had died down, small embers occasionally flying into the air, then disappearing in the sky. But next to the campfire, a sleeping form, now awakened, risen up from their slumber, as another day, with the sun’s rays directly upon the man in the bright blue sky. The person only made a sigh, for yet, it was another night filled with those terrors, that not only make him fear for what happens next, but fuels the blazing flame within his soul, motivating him to slay the monsters, either in the skin of men or beasts, and their damned souls along with them.

But for now, the person needs to prepare for the journey today, one where he is expected to enter a town today, as the individual began grabbing the pack that layer beside him, opening it and checking it’s contents, before nodding, as the man put his goggles onto his eyes, now ready to proceed with his travel. But the man only looked to the side at the fire, the small embers still being produced from whatever was left in the ashes of wood and biological material, it reminding the person of memories, ones not too long ago, as the screams of the damned rung in his ears, and the small shake of fear the man had when seeing it, but he disregarded it for now, he was a changed man, and whatever happened on that fateful day, his past self has also died along with it, and being reborn from the ashes of the old.... was The Arsonist, slayer of those who deserve no second chance, and soon in the future, the greatest blacksmith to ever exist, one who created the greatest pair of weapon and armor that will be passed down from generation to generation, weapons that will be used for the hero’s of the future, to help combat against the evils of the world.

For now, he needed the right materials, and much more experience in order to achieve this goal, as one unwrapping of a map, and a watchful eye of the Arsonist’s environment, revealed what may be his current position, and a town not so far away from here. Putting away the map, and removing the fire iron attached to his backpack, he began using it as a walking stick, unsure of what lies ahead in his journey, but whatever it is, he hoped that he may overcome the dice rolls of fate, but he reminded himself, that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

@ (no on in particular, open for interaction)

Gunna Netvolasa
Definitely an idiot. She didn't even know how she convinced herself she might get something useful from letting a piece of shit talk. Whether this demon was patronizing her, or if he was sincerely such an airhead that his clan sent him to die here, it didn't matter. The low buzzing sound, a lower frequency than last time, and the dull white glow returned as she resumed enhancing herself, her right cheek ever so slightly twitching as she shook her arms out to loosen them up. "Ah, lost, are we? Of course I can show you the way. But, it wouldn't be any good if you get lost again, right? So, we should hold hands on the way." It doesn't matter any more. If this even was a high ranking demon - which she found herself sincerely doubting - she doubted he had the ability to do anything to her, and if he did he should have done it before she had layered so many buffs.

Forcefully, she took the demon's hand, and with a smile - "This is your pilot Gunna speaking. I know some of you may be here for your first flight, but! I assure you, it will be a safe~ <3 trip!" With absolutely zero hesitation and a rage that had broken into a lovely smile, she yeeted the dark skinned man perhaps a bit further than he wanted to go, though she couldn't tell! Because he let go of her hand, she seemed to have lost him, teehee~

Stepping out of the cracks she had placed on the road with her strength, Gunna went back into the shop, ignoring the looks she was getting. Well, it's not like she could have killed him because she might have accidentally started a war if she did! - was the excuse she was currently using to herself. In reality, an unhealthy dose of self-loathing when she realized that she was being an asshat and an uncompromising instigator was what saved the demon from finding out what 1,000 simultaneous castings of the basic magic «Combustion» felt like to the face.

Her sickly sweet smile returning to a normal one as she looked at her attendant and Misha, she only asked, "So, were we able to reach a deal?"
Ace Cream Ace Cream
Katsuya Katsuya (congratulations on becoming a star)

Misha

Misha whistled when she witnessed Gunna throw the man so hard that he might flew into the stratosphere. It somehow reminds her of a show that she used to watch in her past life. The show was... she didn't remember actually. Was it even true or did her mind just make things up??

She shook off the thought as Gunna came back into the shop and asked about their deal. Misha smiled.

"Deal. It will be done in one week and will be delivered to your residence. Thank you for visiting Misha's Clockwork!"

That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

- Oki Tsukiya -

Oki mimicked her steps, still smiling bright as he met her halfway. Just as she held his hand tight, he did the same. He swung his hand towards hers in midair with a loud slap and squeezed her hand tightly but didn’t break her bones; she wasn’t trying to break his bones, so he did the same. He planned to not let go, just bring her the same misery that she’s planning to bring him. His eyes narrowed slightly as his smile grew amused by her mocking words to a simple question. That is, until she mentioned ‘pilot’. His amused smile was wiped off, lips parted as he opened his mouth to talk. The frequency lowered. The century’s worth of his clan’s teachings and current mission were wiped away with a single word from this stranger, leaving behind the remnants of his former life: Marco.

”You’re not from here-“ Oki muttered in his shock, not realizing how absurd his sentence sounded when he could be very well talking to a citizen of this country. Or how his hispanic accent came out instead of the laid-back light tones he spoke in before. His tight grip on her hand loosened. Is she-? She couldn’t possibly be-...but if he could be reborn in this world...then who says that others can’t-?

He could not finish his sentence or thought. She flung him in the air, over the border of the village, and above the green canopies. Harsh winds popped his ears as he spun around, becoming a blur to the naked eye. He couldn’t breath or make sense what’s up or down-!

A sudden but short-lived spike of high demon magic revealed itself as a loud earth shattering crash can be heard within the forest that’s outside of Albion. Birds cawed in fright, flying away from where the large cloud of dust started to plume. Along with the land animals that scattered away, chattering or clicking in a panicked hurry.

Within the dust cloud, coughing can be heard as someone pushed a boulder with a white furred paw. Sharp and thick nails gleamed as they delicately curled around the edges. Oki’s huge shadowed figure emerged from the dust cloud, shaking his black fur from head to toe and curly tail before looking up with his golden eyes that seemed to be rounder in it’s almond shape. A disappointed sigh left his white and hinted tan maw as he watched a broken branch fall pathetically from the grounded up tree that’s leaning sideways on a dug-up rock down to the now revealed and scrapped dirt. He can see his claw marks on the ground, creating deep little vertical ravines that lead to where he stopped.

Did she really have to throw him that hard? She could have just pointed, but nope. Like a child who is causing a scene in the middle of a super market when their parents said ‘Maybe next time’, she had to chuck him. From the middle of the village market too. He hopes the more sensitive beings in that village or around will not be alarmed from his sudden spike when he had to save his own fur. Nor does he hope to scare off the dweller that’s he is seeking. Though that unfortunate possibility seemed to grow, now that he had to change.

”What a mess.” Oki muttered under his breath, walking out of the crash sight, and turned around to see what he can do. Patting his clothes to be clean-ish... as clean as he can with dust everywhere. Considering he is more lost within the forest and having no idea where to go again, he decided to just clean up the area as best as he can and quickly. Collect the tree trunks and put them in an orderly fashion for whoever that comes across them or nature taking it’s course to petrify them. It’s the least he can do for Mother Nature and her giving ways to nurture the living beings that walk as his mother would say.

It took him a few minutes to lug the nearby trees on his shoulders and stacking them neatly together as a pile. Nothing he could do to the raised ground and rocks sadly as he does not have an earth element bond like the nymphs, satyrs, and few witches to flatten it again. Plus it’ll take him too long and he does not have the time to calmly fix it. He sighed once more. Doggy ears folded sideways in his resignation. Perhaps this is why his father had sent him in this specific task because his sister would not care and cause havoc from having been instigated. For no reason. Not that the lady didn't deserve it either, but Oki chooses to stay on task than let his own emotions run wild.

Like the crazy lady who threw him.

After he was done, Oki smoothly transitioned from Inugami to human. His fur seeped back into cinnamon tanned skin, eyes becoming more human, snout smooshed into a human nose and chin. Claws and sharp teeth gone. He waited a bit more to fully seal himself off, until not even his demonic scent can be found. It happened once already, back in the village when he was relaxed, best to not let that woman find out who he really is as a demon. Taking a stick of leaves and handful of dirt, Oki walked away from the sight. Rubbing himself with the leaves and dusting himself with dirt to further hide his presence.

Pondering of his last thought in the village. Maybe he is overthinking, but...he doubted the people of this world knew what a pilot was or what they do. Yet this woman not only used the term correctly, but sounded a very sarcastic version of what the pilots back in the former world would say before the plane took off.

“ . . . I still have a task to complete first. Might as well finish it now when I’m in here.” Oki muttered as he went deeper in the forest to hopeful find the witch of this forest.

Ace Cream Ace Cream That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

Irene Versiolos
Mood/Status - Unhappy

As the cold air closes in, and the darkness does so too, all Irene could do was hope to wake up alive the next day. The feeling of loneliness, regret and resentment slowly creep in, and in the midst of it, Irene opens her eyes. Seeing nothing but darkness, devoid of light and illumination. She can't even feel the warmth of her own body, see the light of stars, or hear the sounds of her own breathing. The anxiety of never waking up again makes her more and more anxious by the second. She tries to scream for help, but nothing comes out, not even a squeak.

Then a light shines, radiant and red. Like scarlet fire in the midst of midnight. Running toward the beaming light, as if it were a holy grail she needed to protect, the desperation to feel the warmth of light burned deeper than the love she swore and crossed her heart to protect. (foreshadowing) Then she wakes up, to snickering and a very rehearsed evil laugh. At the moment she had almost forgotten about this dream she just had. As she looked at this person with a very displeased and confused look, with eyes which say-

"You dare rudely awake me from the slumber that I had seemed?"

She says with her glistening eyes, sharpened by astonishment. "Who may you be, and why have you awoken me from my slumber? (Though I'd rather be awake than in the 9th circle of hell or whatever that dream was.)" Irene says and mumbles under her breath. As cold lines feel like they've been swept across her cheeks, but she ignores this feeling as it just may be the atmosphere. Irene sits straight up, her back aching from the cold hard floor that she had been lying on. Coming to her senses now, Irene is very unhappy with these conditions, pouting because of the sores on her back.

Ace Cream Ace Cream
(Irene is probably not going to notice the whiskers until someone points it out, or something.)

Orchid

"Oh, you're not afraid of me? Usually when I appear in front of human they will scream and brandish their sword." Orchid was trying hard not to laugh, and her cheeks were puffed from this. She couldn't take the human girl seriously with those whiskers on her face. She sat down on the floor, pulled a jerky and a sack from her pocket then sprinkled some pepper from the sack onto the jerky.

"You're in the presence of Orchid the Wrathful. Fear me human, or I will," Orchid peeked at something that might be written on her left palm. "Eviscerate your fragile body and feed it into the wicked creature of the abyss?? Or something. Good lord Nyxed, Lust comes with such cringy lines. Anyway, I'm just come here to eat, can't have my meal snatched by monster bugs or raging monkeys outside." Orchid bite into her jerky and occasionally took a glance at the human girl, which made her almost choked herself from the laughter.

Faynorae Faynorae

Irene Versiolos

Mood/Status - Still Tired

"Well, It's hard to be scared when I just woke up, and you're not as frightening as what I've seen. Why are you laughing so much though..?" Irene says as she takes out her brooch, and then a semi-transparent pouch falls out, holding multiple colourful star-shaped candies. She unties the ribbon sealing the pouch the close, and start to chew on the candies. She then choked after hearing what she had said.

"You're WHAt!?! Wrathful? Abyss? what kind of shenanigans are you talking about? Also, you shouldn't laugh when you're eating. I say that as I just choked on my own treats." Irene says that even though she wasn't one to talk for herself, putting her brooch gently onto the floor, she looks around the place, getting a cosy and homely feeling. Though it wasn't as grand and luxurious as back in the manor, she felt the same way as if she were eating with her family. And then realizes how impolite she had been for not introducing herself.

"By the way, It is a pleasure to meet you Ms Orchid of the Wrathful Abyss, I am Irene Versiolos De Asteria. You may call me Irene since my name is obnoxiously long for no apparent reason. It is a delight to meet you, Ms Orchid of the Wrathful Abyss, but I am tired, so I shall retire and sleep on this cold floor once again, Goodnight Miss." Leaving the half-empty pouch and her brooch on the floor, Irene lays her head to the ground and quickly falls asleep, as soon as Irene goes to falls unconscious the glittering jewel of the brooch loses light and looks like every other gemstone you'd see at a jewellery store.

Ace Cream Ace Cream

Abel & Buddy: The Wandering duo

Hearing those words about deer being common here helped calm down the nerves of ‘Buddy’, but Abel looked at the spot where the creature left and said in a surprised voice
‘That could have fed us for a long time if what she was saying is true, oh well, I bet we can find a even bigger deer if that one was small’ but Buddy just only did a small smile when looking at the optimistic dog, before looking back at the stranger, who said something about having a companion being useful out here in the woods, and while Abel would have thought of coming back here again, ‘Buddy’ wanted to learn more about the world around them, after all, it’s a big big world out here. “We will think about that for a bit.....” as the duo now started walking along with the hooded person, before ‘Buddy’ went to one of the small packs and opened it, before taking out a folded up piece of clothing, which ‘Buddy’ unfolded to reveal a rather large cloak, before putting it on, his ‘Phantom’ like form being hidden underneath the natural darkness the cloak provided. But to clarify somehting, he looked at the stranger and said “It’s so that others would not be afraid of my.... ‘unnatural’ body..... as others would say it...” before continuing on with their way, but ‘Buddy’ couldn’t help but occasionally look at the shadow of the stranger, like it was alive. But Abel didn’t mind anything at all, as the dog took a look around their surroundings, occasionally looking at the flying insect or two in the air.

ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar

Caelyn Amarakiir
Caelyn chuckled at this, as she slowly nodded. "Of course." was all she said as she looked at them, before turning to head towards the village. While at first it seemed like she was leading them in the wrong direction, soon enough though, smoke could be seen through the trees, as the came upon the edge of the forest, which gave way to large fields of grain, likely for the village. She continued to smile as she glanced back at the two, though her smile couldn't really be seen under her cloak. What could be seen, however, were her piercing red eyes. Eyes that seemed to gaze into people's very souls, likely caused by her habit of barely blinking at all.

"The village is not far from here." She then said softly, watching them as she turned to face the two. "If you wish, I can lead you there, or we can part ways here and now." She then said, still facing the two, as she watched them.

Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Orchid

Orchid didn't say anything and just nodded as the girl in front of her get back to sleeping on the floor, her mouth was still busy with the jerky. Did she really sleep in front of a demon stranger? Either she's highly tolerant to demons or just stupid. Either way she would be interesting. She finished her meal and approached the sleeping girl.

She drew a magic circle around the girl and added symbols around it that might seems like nonsense to most people. She cut her finger and dripped a few of her blood onto the circle. It reacted for a brief moment before disappeared completely. Prey mark has been added.

Her skill, Stalker, enables her to mark someone as her prey and she would be able to track them no matter the distance. Very useful for someone with her job. It's easy to remove but hard to detect so as long as the target wasn't aware that they had been marked then it's all game. She didn't plan to kill the girl though, but since she wasn't afraid of demon Orchid might want to visit her later, for business purpose.

Humming by herself as she walked out of the building, she was wondering how she should look for a way back. She had been walking in circle for hours, maybe if she left something to indicate that she already passed the area then finding a way back would be much easier! With that idea in mind Orchid unsheathed her sword and start slashing at nearby trees, leaving a deep mark on the trees as she marched forward.

Faynorae Faynorae

Gunna Netvolasa
Gunna nodded to Misha while taking her cane from Elizabeth, silently thankful that it sounded like she would be able to sit in the carriage very soon. Though she had been as careful as she could while casting magic, she still felt her body's message of rebellion in full detail. At least, she shouldn't have any lasting ramifications over a small scuffle, and in the end that was what mattered - that tomorrow she would be ready to do her duty.

"And thank you for your services. I'm sorry for the scuffle outside of your shop; I hope it won't interrupt business in any way." With sincere concern over the mess she caused by not tactfully handling the situation, Gunna apologized, and wondered if she should pay a bit extra for her commission as a more material apology. While Gunna was worrying and agonizing over this and that having settled down from her rage Elizabeth handed a letter of credit to Misha, both in recognition that a solid price had not been set and that a magic item was likely more expensive than the coin they had brought with them could afford. With her attendant handling things Gunna tried to pull herself together and waved goodbye, stepping out the door. "Have a nice week~" Elizabeth wordlessly followed her a step after, and went ahead so that she could help her master up to the carriage.

Inside the carriage Gunna laid down on the seat, Elizabeth quietly getting to work casting healing magic to alleviate the pain. After years of doing this song and dance they both understood that continuing this little adventure away from the bed was not on the table, but even though nobody else was there to see it Gunna was still smiling. "I'm glad that a village so close to the border is able to stay safe..."

"It's because you work too hard." Elizabeth replied with the slightest hint of irritation, but sighed when she realized that Gunna would never feel guilty and reflect on that. "Did you figure out why the demon was here?"

Silence was held as the carriage driver patiently waited outside to hear their next destination, and the two thought deeply about the surprising encounter of the day. It wasn't unheard of for demons to infiltrate human society, but the motivations were typically quite above simple spy work. After thinking a while on the few words she heard from the demon, but eventually had to give up. "No... I don't think anything he said could be looked into." She held onto Elizabeth's hand and gently pushed it away, interrupting her healing. "It's fine, I feel better now. We can start moving." As a way of reassuring her that she was fine Gunna sat up, and seeing this Elizabeth could only ask the carriage driver to take them back to the city's inn.
Ace Cream Ace Cream

Amaris
Mentions/Interactions: Awaiting Arrival of Mercs
As Amaris exited the portal herself, forcing it shut behind her- she was met by the scene of her new servants binding their new captives in chained manacles. The humans who attempted to resist were threatened back into submission by the far healthier demon spawn that surrounded them. As soon as they had finished manacling the men each of the demons would bow before falling in line against the wall. Nariphel alone would approach Amaris, kneeling down before her- which still resulted in him resting higher than her in height. "My Liege, what would you have us to do?" His voice came out in a far deeper and raspier tone than it had prior, embers escaping his lips at the end of every word. His head remained bowed throughout the entire engagement, a sign of respect among one's leader.

"Well, Normally I would insist you to torture these... insects. But I have another more capable, and one aware of their strength. Meanwhile, the lot of you are undoubtedly hesitant of your powers." She smirked at the idea before pacing around the room, drawing the eyes of every individual in the room. Most of the humans shrunk back in fear from what they had once assumed to be a harmless young demon, save for one. One particularly obstinate individual leaned forward, sneering at her before spitting at her. The globule of saliva fell short but caused her to stop in place, standing a short distance in front of him. Her gaze slowly swept down, meeting his own. His face presented a grin, presenting pride in what he had just done- a fool's expression for such a foolish action. "Cute."

Her statement was punctuated as her leg lifted from the ground, and in a flash, a sickening cracking was heard followed shortly thereafter by that of a light thudding against the floor. The other humans looked on in horror as the man's head, now detached from his body, rolled to the center of the room. The chains going slack as his body slumped forwards, hanging limply from its restraints. Her foot planted itself back on the ground, her figure astonishingly absent of blood as she turned back to the others. "Anyone else want to act 'cute'?" Though posed as a question, if it wasn't taken as a threat you would have to be one of the densest individuals on the planet. The other humans continued to shake in fear, shaking their heard 'no' in response.

"Good. Nariphel, She turned to her subordinate, "Fetch Lord Eneckril, he shall be tasked with tending the prisoners in my stead." Nariphel bowed once more and stood to his feet "At once my liege" he announced before leaving the dungeon. Five of the demons bowed before following after the commander as the rest were halted to stay behind with Amaris. "Four of you, take the corners of these chambers and aid Lord Eneckril when he arrives. The rest of you, go throughout the settlement and search for wandering vagabonds, mercenaries, or any other altercation of swords for hire. Once you round a few acceptable individuals up- accompany them back to the great hall, I have a need for them." As her words left her mouth the remnants of the squadron scattered about to their different post as Amaris ascended up the stairs and made her way back to the great hall.

Upon arriving she placed herself back in the throne and rest her head upon a fist, leaning against an armrest of the large chair. Perhaps due to impatience, or perhaps just to pass the time, she began to bounce one of her feet haphazardly. Once the doors to the hall opened said bouncing would stop, but until then she would continue as she pleased.

Last edited:

After wandering quite a bit, in one direction, the duo would eventually see large field of grains and smoke in the horizon, likely where the village would be located in, as the both of them looked back at the stranger, staring at them with their piercing red eyes..... and if this was back where ‘Buddy’ came from, he would definitely be scared right now.... but he just gotta keep his cool, while Abel was confused for a second on the reactions of his partner but didn’t mind it at all, especially the offer to go inside the town and all by themselves.

‘Buddy’ was about to go and take the latter option right now, but Abel beaten him to it as the dog thought within his head
‘Hey, we are still going to the village.... so why do we need to part ways here now....?’ as ‘Buddy’ tried to find a counterargument for this..... but Abel would probably pester on and on and annoy him until making this decision, especially if there is a chance to make a friend on the way there. giving one deep sigh, he turned to face the stranger and said “Well..... we are still heading to the same location.... right? So if it doesn’t bother you, may you lead us into the village, and after that, we will part ways..... is this alright with you....?” as Abel did a small bark of approval, while ‘Buddy’ just chuckled underneath his cloak and pat Abel on the head, the former’s happiness and excitement of the chances of making a new friend affecting him greatly in a positive way.

Caelyn Amarakiir
Caelyn nodded slowly upon their reply. "Ah, very well then." She said softly, smiling a bit as she nodded at them still. After this, she once again turned to head towards the village. She smiled softly as she did, though her cloak made it hard to tell. Soon enough, as they approached the village, they would see people working the fields, harvesting the grains, likely for the winter that was fast approaching. As they neared the village, a tall, but rather portly man dressed in simple robes that appeared to be made of cloth approached the group. The look on the mans face did not show any hostility, in fact it showed recognition.

"Ah, madam how nice of you to join us this year!" The man said upon reaching them, a full and jubilous laugh escaping him as he did, as if it were some inside joke that he had just gave. As he did, he roughly pat Caelyn on the shoulder, seemingly in greeting. "Ah, I'll never understand how you elves live for so long... I swear, one day I'll figure out your secret." He continued, barely registering the other two beside her. "Not sure how it is you do it madam, but as you likely know the latest batch of Whiskey will be ready with in the week, all prepared for the harvest festival. I'm sure you and the fellow with you are here to pick your share up?"

Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Revel
Amidst the eternal waves of time, From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
"Hey there cutie, what's your name?" Her face flush from alcohol she had been enjoying peacefully until a moment ago, her borderline white hair trailed the ground as she knelt down to see eye to eye with the person she was talking to - not the demon woman who also stood in the alley they had taken their talk to, but her child. The little thing didn't even reach to Revel's tall waist, but beyond the ashen skin and thinner tail on the girl the two looked eerily similar.

The similarly ashen skinned demon woman that had stood aside for a moment while the two looked at each other had her frown deepen as she glared daggers at Revel, almost ready to kill. "She can't speak. It's been difficult to get her any education with that you know? If I hadn't been so desperate I wouldn't have eve-"

"She can speak just fine, though?" Revel, who had been carefully watching the child as she slowly traced on the ground while thumping her tail against the dirt, stopped the demon woman before she could say more. "Don't worry about mommie over there and keep spelling. You're doing really good." The demon woman, confused, looked at the ground to see that the girl was indeed slowly writing letters in the earth, and that the beats of her tail had an odd sort of rhythm to it. Though misspelled, after half a minute of multiple erasures and careful considerations her phonetic name 'Sadaf' had been properly written in the dirt. The girl, with her work done, looked up at Revel, and quickly had her head pushed down by a warm pat on her head, between the two black horns on her forehead. "Sadaf's a beautiful name." Hearing confirmation that she had succeeded, the girl copied the wide, toothy grin of the pale woman in front of her, though she forgot to turn the corners of her lips up so it ended an adorable failure.

In the end, the two played together until the girl fell asleep in Revel's arms a while later, Revel having sobered up during the time they had spent together. The demon woman had just left the two alone since her daughter and Revel seemed to be getting along well in a way she wasn't able to, but as soon as the child was asleep the adult talk that had brought them out of the pub resumed. "... that's the most fun I've seen her have. Will you really not be part of her life?"

Revel, quite tame with her energy spent, just shook her head. "I'm not a good parent, my work demands I put my life on the line, and I can't promise how often I'd be present." The woman's reaction to this statement before had been anger, but now after seeing what had happened it was just disappointment.

"You've calmed down a lot in three years, haven't you? The woman I spent those nights with would have never thought that hard about anything." For now, she didn't pursue the topic any further, since Revel seemed to be resolute in her decision.

"Actually, I've always been like this. People just get along better with a jovial idiot, but it can be tiring to keep that act up all the time." Revel ran her hands through her child's hair, wondering how long the girl would end up letting it grow; how tall she would get, what path in life she would choose. There was a silence as the other woman struggled to find words to say, so Revel ended up having to break the silence herself. "I probably can't be a part of her life, but I can help you raise her." She picked the dozing child up and laid her next to the woman, before handing over an immaculate letter pulled from the depths of her bag. "It might be a bit difficult, but I promise it would be the best for her." Using her long practiced skill of escaping before the other person could come up with more words to trap her with, Revel left the two in the alley, believing that they would be fine.

And where else would she go, than right back to another tavern?

Burning through her purse with a passionate love for alcohol, it wasn't another hour before she was once again drunk and making noise, with more of an audience now that it was later in the day. She stirred all her fellow drunkards with song, dance, careless flirting and bold challenges, only quieting down when scolded by the barkeep that it was too loud for the sun to still be up. When that happened she turned the interest to whispers and rumors, starting them off with interesting tidbits she had heard in the town over. Because of how distant the grounded towns were in this part of the world, she was confident that it was a great stepping stone, and she caught the people around her quickly with the hook she set. The exchanges got larger and larger - from rumors about who is sleeping with who and what sort of hell the weather would be this year, to eventually climbing its way to politics, the conflicts between demon clans large and small over this and that. The blossoming alliances, the newcomers to the struggle for power, and those who perished under it.

And she heard everything she wanted to. The newcomer in this area - well, she was exactly like the faint whispers that had drawn her here. Brutal, scheming, and very high aspirations. The sort of demon that kept the stereotype of demons being ruthless killers and spiteful creatures alive. The smell of opportunity had brought her here, and she couldn't help but wonder if this would be the time that ultimate chaos would break out. She had been ready for years, and all she needed was an opportunity to stretch her wings.

Not just her, but everyone turned their heads as the door to the tavern opened a bit more violent than usual, looking at the newcomer with interest. Demons came in all shapes and sizes, from looking almost human to being debatably monsters, but she didn't think anyone in the tavern felt kinship to those eyes of fire as the odd imp walked in. Their lord Amaris was recruiting, and those cretins who hadn't been convinced to join her cause solely for the honor of it should consider joining now... Or something flowery like that. She couldn't help but think that someone was sucking up hard.

Regardless, after a year, it was bound to happen that more people believed in this Amaris's ability to run a good show, and more importantly make her followers rich. A couple of more rough-looking folk stood up to follow the imp, bidding their friends a good night or just looking stern if they had none. Revel just joined in the back, her tail flicking lightly to push in her chair. Only then, when she felt the weight of the long thing wrapped in cloth hanging on her back, did she remember that she had forgotten to hand it off to the woman for safekeeping. It wasn't that big of a deal, but she did think that it was a bit awkward to carry around. Her thoughts wondering and her face a loose, absentminded mess, she waved goodbye to the drunkard friends she had made tonight and followed the imp out of the door to this 'Great lord Amaris'.
Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse

Misha

Now that her customer had gone, Misha slumped back on her chair behind the glass counter. She was glad that the encounter was quickly finished. The automaton bird on the cuckoo clock above her head leaned forward and pecked her on the head while pointing at the letter with one of its wing. Misha sighed and read the letter.

The seal on the letter was undoubtly the seal of the Cantor family, her family. She had been distancing herself from them these past few... decades? But recently one of her grandson had been trying to invite her back to the house. She imagined her presence would make things awkward there. Maybe she really should just move into the forest and live like a hermit... She shook her head.

"Billy, I'm gonna take a walk. Need some time to think about this." The automaton bird nodded and the front door locked by itself as Misha walked away from her house towards Albion's residental area. She ended up sitting on the a bench at the plaza, throwing bread crumbs onto the ground in front of her and made a feast for pigeons.

• Amaris
    Mentions/Interactions: That Lass Over There That Lass Over There (Revel)
    After a short-lived yawn escaped her lips, Amaris noticed the approaching footfall of her summoned mercenaries, along with the familiar footfall of her newly enhanced trainees. That in mind her foot ceased it's rhythmic bouncing, instead, falling still as her legs crossed over one another once more. Slowly, she witnessed as the doors creaked open before closing with a heavy slam once more. Two of her ten subordinates had returned with their respective haul of mercenaries, and it took but a moment for the remaining eight to appear with their group of volunteers. But once they had, the sea of bodies stood before the throne- each beginning to mutter among themselves, most jesting to the method which her subordinate had approached them. The main topic which had piqued her interest had been that of her servant's appearance, those of the impish- almost monstrous-looking demons. A smirk etched it's way into her expression as a bit of pride welled up within her, thus far her creations had yet to disappoint.

'If only the others were this well-disciplined' She thought to herself as her eyes moved back to the door. This time opened by a much larger figure, this being that of Nariphel who stood at his full fifteen feet of height. Flames threatening to leap from the pits of his eyes as the door slammed behind him with a resounding thud. The arrival of this enormous being caused quite a few heads to turn, many of the twenty to thirty mercenaries adorned expression of shock due to its somewhat frightening appearance. Nariphel walked up to the throne and kneeled before Amaris, his gaze cast downwards as his voice practically hissed out a report. "Lord Eneckril has arrived as per your request, My liege." His statement was rewarded by a nod before he stood and took his position standing behind the throne. The appearance of this behemoth caused a sinister glow to surround the throne, almost as if flames had begun to creep up from behind the calm looking usurper.

Without much of an effort, she lifted her free hand once more and waved it for but a moment. Two of the impish demons moved to flank either side of the throne as the remaining eight stood in front of the doors, each with a glaive in hand. One of the demons to her side spoke first, "Stifle your voices and form a line, you stand before your sovereign!" The feminine demon hissed out, her voice was supernaturally shrill and harsh to the ear. Yet Amaris listened without flinching for a moment, before waving her hand towards the demon who promptly moved back to her position.

"As I'm certain my attendants told you, I have requested your presence to discuss hiring the lot of you. For you see," She stood to her feet and took a few paces forward, descending down the small staircase which had led up to her throne. As she moved, the two demons continued to flank her- watchful as their hands rested upon the hilt of their blades. A few of the mercenaries straightened upright at the sudden approach of the ruler, while others appeared unphased. "I find that while my armies may be... bountiful, I lack those under my direct control. Those outside of my chosen few," She stated before motioning towards Nariphel and the other more impish beings, "Are little more than hounds who have lost sight of their true master."

The comment earned a few chuckles, though the intention had not been to seek this reaction. A side-glare from Amaris did more than enough to hush those who decided to present their humor-influenced opinion on the matter. "It's been far too long since the clans were united, far too long since the humans had a true monster to fear. I intend to ensure that changes and you will serve as my catalysts." Without allowing so much as a breath of relief she turned on her heel and walked back up the stairwell before once more sitting down on the throne. Her eyes swept back over the line of individuals who stood before her, Nariphel's wings slowly spread out from behind her adding further to the presence behind the throne.

"I know you're not the type to do these sorts of things without compensation. So, while your payment is negotiable- based on your usefulness, I would like to know what sort of pawns I'm working with. So," She moved her hand to one end of the mercenaries, pointing directly towards the demon. The winged being in question pointed to himself for but a moment before scratching at his horns. "Starting from you. I would like you to list your name, your combative prowess, and the payment you seek." Her statement was more of a demand than a request, and slowly but surely it seemed that each merc followed through with that demand.

Revel
Amidst the eternal waves of time, From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Revel held a blank stare throughout the speech and tedious mannerisms of the court she and her fellow mercenaries had found themselves in, seeming bored of the drivel and the grandiose, circuitous explanations. She took note of the clear statement of intent - that this was in fact an aspiring demon lord in front of her - and a few other tidbits like the apparent distrust of those under her reign or the implication that these imps were part of her inner circle. For once, though, she really was just about as absent minded as she appeared - she only fell in line with the others on impulse when they had been told to, and it took her until the fourth mercenary's exaggerated claim of power to recognize that they were playing at introductions as if this were a room of civilized people. Ten others went and said their pieces, overselling or underselling themselves, letting her get a good idea for what they were supposed to do. Honestly, to a degree she had expected the sort of development where they were asked to fight each other to prover their strength based on Amaris's evident distrust of others, so already the aspiring lord was performing better than the admittedly low bar that had been set for her.

In a way, though, that lack of complete madness was a mark against what Revel was looking for. She still believed that this was the best shot on the playing field at the moment, though, so she stood still and did her best to put together the most half-assed introduction she could. Which definitely was not because she was actually bad at this sort of thing, no matter what anyone might say. "Name is Revel..." She trailed off, scratching the back of her neck, remembering that her name likely wouldn't do as a 'that should explain everything' since it had been over twenty years since she was active and using it instead of an alias in the demon territory. "For payment..." She thought for a moment wondering how far she should push, and how much she should lean into which persona, before naming her price. "Coin would suffice as a baseline, but I take unique items as well. I'm a collector, of sorts. I also happen to be a collector of fine women and drinks, should you find my services worth keeping." To hook this one's interest, a mix of tomfoolery while letting a hint at a thoughtful mind would be best? Judging that, Revel stated that she only needed coin, but under the guise of a hopeful smile and presumptuous words named her true price.

She could feel the gazes lining up on her, some seeing her as greedy while others wondering what she was playing at as there were many ways to interpret her words, and others were likely just wondering why she had skipped over the step of naming her capabilities. But, Revel didn't say anything else, and gave the next in line an incredulous look wondering when he was going to go. She couldn't think of any good way to use that part of her introduction, so she just didn't. Say that she could kill everyone in the room? Too cliché, and not fitting of a light-hearted joke. Suggest she go raze the nearest human territory to prove herself? No way, she might actually be told to go do it, and then everyone would be at a disadvantage because things would ramp up too quickly. Name one of her previous exploits? Running into the same issue as her name recognition, it had just been too long since then, so they wouldn't hold as much weight. Honestly, she was deeply reflecting on that mistake, but she hadn't expected an opportunity so soon and as much as she could do she couldn't turn back time to correct it. In the end, she had just decided to skip over the troublesome part, especially since it would be out of character for the one talking about expanding her trusted inner circle to not put the candidates for that to the test.

At worst, she would be called out, made an example of, and through being made an example end up proving her strength one way or another, so there was no reason to care.

Orchid

Orchid had been slashing the trees for a while now, she was starting to get bored but she still believes that if she keep walking into the same direction she would eventually leave the forest. The tree marking had been a great help in not only keeping her on track but also keeping herself from dozing off.

Her casual stroll was disturbed when a burning sensation suddenly pierced her skin. She jumped in pain and rolled on the ground before she remembered that the source of the pain was probably one of the talisman that her boss gave her, she really needs to fix the notification method, having your skin burned wasn't pleasant. Apparently it's an experimental talisman that can be used to send message to each other, she said. Orchid plucked the paper talisman from her back and read the text.

Orchid, come back. More jobs here.

Orchid whistled at the text. She just finished her current job and already got another one? The demon dropped an ink on the paper and the text vanished, leaving empty room for her to fill in.

Lost in a forest, send help.

All busy. Just come here ASAP.

There's no message anymore. Her boss probably dozed off in her coffin like usual, she's never busy anyway. Sometimes she hoped that their merc team was led by someone more charismatic but she couldn't deny that her current boss did amazing jobs at making lots of things much more convenient. Slapping the talisman back onto her back, Orchid continued her march through the forest. She passed a broken sign post so she might be near the edge of the forest already? She hoped so.

Irene Versiolos

Mood/Status - Annoyed

In a place far away, with pure white lilies scattered upon the field, it was the last thing Irene saw as vision left her sight, turning back to a black emptiness. Then she woke up to the ceiling of an old abandoned shack. Her candy-pouch half-eaten and all on the floor, her brooch lying unsafely on the floor, almost ready to just be stepped on. Irene rubs her eyes, smudging the dry ink whiskers on her face. As she takes her brooch and puts it away somewhere on her. As she shakes her head, to get the mess of her hair out of her face.

As she gets a quick scare out the sound of a growled voice within the near vicinity of the place she resides within. With that, she gets up, annoyed by this noise, then notices the black colour on her hands. "When did my hands get like this!" She loudly says as she pulls out a handkerchief from her brooch, rubbing off the ink from her hand, then taking a pocket-mirror to check if there was any on her face when rubbed her eyes. The smudged ink looked nothing like whiskers anymore, but more like her face was planted into a muddy surface. After thoroughly rubbing off the ink from her face, she stood up and stretched her arms.

Wondering how long she was asleep for, it felt like days have passed when in reality only has one day passed. Irene stepped forward, someone much bigger than she is, stepped inside the same room. "They won't notice if you just walk by, since your so small you could be counted as a pebble." As a familiar voice mockingly said, ringing throughout Irene's mind, It was Versiolos, the patron she made her pact with. She bluntly ignored this statement and instead took out her brooch, ready to fight or flee. She has no fighting skills in the slightest, but she was confident in her speed. Underestimating the person who stood before her, ready to make a "flawless" escape.

• Amaris
    Mentions/Interactions: That Lass Over There That Lass Over There
    Amaris looked between each and every individual, her eyes lingering on some for longer periods than others, as she carefully dissected their words. Given her rather nonchalant posture, one might mistake her cautious resolve for carelessness though the glint in her eyes proved otherwise. A few of the mercs talked quite a bit game of themselves, and the payment they requested was made to match that of their ostentatious display. She had requested them to define their own terms in some way, along with providing a biased representation of their powers. Those who were braggarts had immediately weeded themselves out, then there were those who posed humbleness. Some may have been truthful in this, while others were seeking favoritism over their peers. However, her sight lingered a bit longer than others upon a peculiar individual. Despite the number of drunken mercenaries, only one had offered so little of themselves into the demand. 'Revel' they had called themselves, and yet the only other information they had offered was their requested payment. Even as the next mercenary spoke, her gaze stuck to the individual in question. Remorhazz, the demon to her left, gripped upon his blade a bit tighter from the defiance, and yet he stilled himself without a command.

Her gaze shifted back to the next in line shortly thereafter, pulled away from the prior act of neglect. Or perhaps it had been a subtle form of resolve, the question would be explored later. The remainder of the hired hands continued the trend of either claiming themselves to be greater than they were, while others laid claim to be less than what they had. Upon the completion of their introductions, Amaris gave a nod before sitting upright upon the throne. "The majority of your request can easily be handled. Once you prove your worth, I can grant the majority of them to you." She started before one of the demons clicked his tongue in irritation, an Incubus by the name of Panic. "I think I present us all when I say that you'd be right to guarantee more than just the majority of it." His voice took on that of a sultry tone, and in a moment he took a few steps forward approaching somewhat closer to the stairwell. Following just behind him had been his sister, a Succubus by the name of Euphoria, the two were a tag-team of mercenaries. "If anything I'd say that you owe us that much. Why not go ahead and produce it now?" The succubus spoke as the duo's eyes began to let off a dull pink glow.

This glow reflected in Amaris's own eyes, and her expression seemed to soften a bit. "You raise a fair point" she stated before closing her eyes, bringing a hand up to her chin as she seemed to think for a moment. "I have yet to provide you all with an example. I thank the two of you for volunteering" She nodded and moved her hand away, she looked to the two of them- who seemed taken aback at the fact their spell had failed before raising a hand upwards and pointing towards the two. "Azrath." Her voice came out monotone as inky tendrils wrapped around the two, seizing them in place within the blink of an eye. They were restained in full, restricted from so much as speaking. Nariphel motioned to both Remorhazz and Ophelia, who immediately left Amaris's side and moved before both of their examples. With both blades drawn, they stood before the wide-eyed captives and both simultaneously swung downward- cutting deeply into the bodies and seemingly splitting them in twain. However, there was no blood nor scream. The only sound was that of something tearing, and in place of the two bodies now stood two large portals of swirling crimson. The same black miasma began to leak from it as the tendrils wrapped around to support it.

"Beyond these gates shall be your trial, each of you facing whatever form of monster the abyss decides to pit you against." she began as Remorhazz and Ophelia moved to either side of the gateway. Nariphel motioned towards the eight demons at the door, two of which gripped the handles of the large wooden door while the remaining six held their glaives aloft. "Upon completing this task, and forming your pact with me thereafter, you shall each be given two rewards. The first is that you shall each be given ten-thousand credits apiece, we'll call it a congratulatory gift. Second, any tab or cost for your drink, food, and boarding at the inns of taverns here will be waived for the next three days." Upon stating this her head moved back to its lax position resting atop her hand, taking an indifferent expression as she did so.

"I should also mention, the monster you face will reflect not only the power you claimed to have here- but also the true strength you possess. Chaos willing you should come back to me alive. If you're not up to the challenge... then perhaps you should reconsider your calling in life. Now go on, I'll be watching." Her wicked grin crossed back across her lips once more, a look of complete apathy, and yet it seemed to tease those she spoke towards.

Yet again, the woman slowly nodded upon ‘Buddy’s reply, as the small group began walking towards the village, the duo watching the workers in the fields harvesting the crops, probably preparing for Winter which the two had gone through at least once in their lives, and nearing the town, a much older fella in robes approached the three, before speaking to the woman, most likely having some form of reputation here, likely due to her being what he heard a ‘elf’, and the latest batch of Whiskey being produced for this years harvest Festival, to which Abel began getting excited for, since this would most likely be the first event he has been in this general area, but ‘Buddy’ only did a small cough as he said
“Sorry..... not here for the whiskey, just a traveler and his dog wandering coming here to town for some supplies.... know any shops within that sells rations....?” the cloaked Phantom said to the older man, the cloak hiding most of his ghostly features, and the natural darkness of the hood made it hard to point out the bottom half of his face.

But Abel merely went forward ahead of ‘Buddy’ and began sniffing in the older man’s general direction, before ‘Buddy’ made a quick whistle and said
“Back here Abel....” as Abel quickly snapped back into attention and went back to the side of his complain, before thinking ‘What was that for....?’ ‘What you did was pretty rude for you to do...’ ‘All I was doing was smelling him for anything I can see with my nose...’ ‘Just try not to do that again....’ as ‘Buddy’ awaited an answer from the robed man.

Orchid

"A doggo!!" Orchid shifted her stance to battle ready when a wolf appeared in front of her, but when she realized the wolf didn't want to attack her she relaxed herself and even show great interest when the wolf seems to want her to follow it. She sheathed back her sword and followed the wolf along, though now that she was aware of the wolf she could senses several other wolfs within their vicinity. She thought they would bring her to some secret place or something so she was disappointed when she saw the shack once more, she's back to square one. She could feel her blood boiling, quite literally since there's fume coming out of her head.

"The hell! Bad doggo! Why are you bring me here again???" Orchid vented her frustation towards the wolf that guided her here, showering it with various demonic profanities and pointing her finger at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back