• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Slice of Life Isekai world OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here

ZeiruliousMakavar

The Archon of Madness
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
A slice of life Isekai that takes "Another chance at life, in another world" to a whole knew meaning!

Simply put, the idea revolves mostly around the 'second chance' aspect of isekai. Where, young people who died tragic deaths are given a chance to literally create a new life, in a new world. Even down to their looks. The world itself is your usual fantasy rpg-styled isekai world, with adventure guilds, stat points, monsters, etc etc. The main difference being that instead of everyone who "gets isekai'd" not having the choice and needing to do some arbitrary "Defeat the evil Demon Lord" task in order to get this second life, they're simply.... given a new life, sometimes with memory of the old life, if they chose so.

Granted, this doesn't mean there aren't "Evil Demon Lords" in this new world, it IS a fantasy RPG world after all. One pops up every now and then, some people get 'chosen' to fight them, sometimes they're isekai'd people, sometimes they aren't. Sometimes the demon lord themselves are the isekai'd people.

~~~~~

OOC chatter that does not pertain to Character Creation goes here please.

Last edited:
Established lore? Not really, as I wasn't exactly expecting there to be as much interest as there was.

I suppose I could have some of the basics set up by the time the RP actually starts though.

I'd really appreciate knowing about any gods of the world, important countries and events, that sort of thing. I was thinking of having one of my characters be a noble, so it would help to know that sort of stuff

Well, the two most important 'nations' in the RP at the start will be the Albion Republic which is a massive nation that borders the half of the continent where the Demon Tribes mostly reside, and therefor has a large budget for it's military. It functions a bit like a mix of today's UK and the HRE. So it's got a centralized government, a parliament that is made up of all the Dukes and Duchess that rule their own semi independent states, but most of the time each Duchy functions as its own separate entity. I can go further in depth on it, if you want.

As for the other important Nation, that would specifically be the Independent City-State of Heliopolis, which is known for being a hub of Scientific and Magical Research, and houses the largest school of such on the continent.

As for the gods/goddesses, there's far too many as each race worships their own grouping of Gods, even the Demons have them. HOWEVER the main seven seen often would be:
  1. Astamos, The 'Creator' Goddess, who is also seen by any person who will be reincarnated into the world, as their 'guide.'
  2. Helios, The God of Fires, mainly worshiped by crafters who work with Fire a lot, such as Smiths and Cooks.
  3. Aeros, The Goddess of Seas, is the patron deity of many Naval forces in the world, and is prayed to by fishermen each time they go out to sea for a bountiful catch.
  4. Gagamon, The God of the Deep, Also known as the Keeper of the Dead, all things under the earth are his domain. From mines that dig up the ground's bounty, to Graveyards that keep the dead.
  5. Whynn, The Goddess of the Sky, Mostly seen as a 'messenger' for the gods, she is in charge of all things weather related. Is mostly prayed to by farmers who want good weather for their crops.
  6. Gerrymander, The god of Secrets, prayed to by thieves and spies alike, He is the patron Deity of the Dark Brotherhood, a secret organization that works from the shadows to maintain 'proper balance' in the world.
  7. Castalon, known by another name to Elves, she is the goddess of magic. While most is unknown about her, one thing that can be chiefly agreed upon is that she was the one who had brought magic into the world, and thus is seen as the patron deity of both the Elves, whose very existence revolves around magic, and of the city of Heliopolis, which claims to have been founded by her, eons ago when she walked the ground.
There are other gods/goddess of course, but those seven are the main ones you'll be seeing getting worshiped by "Civilized" society. There are of course beings called "Land Gods" but those are generally powerful spirits that offer up their protection in exchange for offerings, which usually amount to some form of tithe of crop. My character 'Caelyn' can technically be seen as one such Land God, as due to her reclusive nature she is more myth than actual person, as the local villagers to her hideout worship her as a 'guardian' of the forest where they do a lot of hunting. (It is considered good luck to a hunter to spot a humanoid shape in the trees while hunting, as this is seen by them that "The witch of the forest" had blessed their hunt.)

Of course.
I myself look forward to seeing the many stories that spawn from each person adding a character to this world.

Oh as a heads up, if you want to create a character who is a Land God, or heads a Demon Clan, please PM/DM me first, before placing the Character sheet. So I can work them into the underlying 'plot' of the world.

This seems super interesting and I am super excited. Is it alright to make 2 characters?

Now that I have a little bit of freetime- and no classes tomorrow to make me rest for the night, It's time to see what I should make into our current cast.

As a frame of reference, all fantasy races are available for choosing. Even "Monster" races.

Looking forward to your character, looks like she's going to start a lot of fun!

Also, I don't know why because it's a bit of an obvious thing to do, but I was surprised someone else went genderbender with their character (not that I mention it in my sheet)

Yay! More Chaos!
Chaos is great. It only ever leads to good things.
Looking forward to your character, looks like she's going to start a lot of fun!

Also, I don't know why because it's a bit of an obvious thing to do, but I was surprised someone else went genderbender with their character (not that I mention it in my sheet)
I'm looking forward to the interactions with everyone, I feel like it'll be a fun time for all.

As for the genderbending, I like to do that (specifically with isekai characters) because I feel it can add another level of complexity to their mind. That and I thought it would be humorous in the case of Amaris.

I'm honestly surprised more people aren't including that in their character sheets.
I want to ask btw, but can I change some aspects of my characters Backstory and that? Sorry if this was an obvious answer, but I wanted to reassure myself before I do anything stupid. ;w;

Finally found a picture! Probably will draw him later on and replace it since I do not know who drew it. So I can’t credit them properly.

About the gender bending, I think Oki is just used being a guy, so he decided to stay as one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back