• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Slice of Life Isekai World IC/Main Thread.

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Chapter 0

ZeiruliousMakavar

The Archon of Madness
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
A slice of life Isekai that takes "Another chance at life, in another world" to a whole knew meaning!

Simply put, the idea revolves mostly around the 'second chance' aspect of isekai. Where, young people who died tragic deaths are given a chance to literally create a new life, in a new world. Even down to their looks. The world itself is your usual fantasy rpg-styled isekai world, with adventure guilds, stat points, monsters, etc etc. The main difference being that instead of everyone who "gets isekai'd" not having the choice and needing to do some arbitrary "Defeat the evil Demon Lord" task in order to get this second life, they're simply.... given a new life, sometimes with memory of the old life, if they chose so.

Granted, this doesn't mean there aren't "Evil Demon Lords" in this new world, it IS a fantasy RPG world after all. One pops up every now and then, some people get 'chosen' to fight them, sometimes they're isekai'd people, sometimes they aren't. Sometimes the demon lord themselves are the isekai'd people.

Caelyn Amarakiir
Caelyn let out a soft sigh, as she sat, relaxed in the forest glade deep with in the forest. She smiled a bit softly to herself as she did. Not many people reached this far deep into the forest, so her usual neighbors where the forest's natural inhabitants, as well as many monsters that had popped up due to the forests vicinity to many Demon Clans. She personally did not mind this, however, as she preferred the solitude that this brought on, over any bustling city life that people generally wanted in this world. Smiling softly, she continued relaxing in the glade, her eyes closed as she lay upon the ground.

Kari Zuniga
Kira was relaxing in her room in the secret shrine in the mountains, since she did her daily hunting for food as a tenko. 'Thank you for the hunt, and I honestly never get tired of seeing the magic at those creatures are using. I mean being a tenko is great too, since I get to have more cool magic.' thought Kira. 'Maybe I should practice one of the safer divine powers I have like sacred light magic.' Kira was just thinking of what she want to do here, because she can do anything she want.

Misha

Misha's Clockwork was a well-known clock store that was placed on the outskirt of Albion, a really weird place for something that was frequently visited by nobles. The unusual location didn't discourage most customers though as not only the design and quality of the clocks there were top notch, the shop itself also offers a unique and calming otherworldly atmosphere.

The owner was an old young woman that spent most of her time inside her workshop somewhere in the house or sitting at the front desk while doing crossword puzzle from Magi Times, a monthly limited edition magazine that was only printed in Heliopolis.

Cuckoo, cuckoo.

One of the cuckoo clock on the wall started making some noises and let the wooden automaton bird in its body leaned outside and flapped its little wings. In normal clock this would mean the coming of a certain hour, like midday, but some of the clocks in this house were not normal clock but rather a part of the house that was commonly used by the house to communicate with its inhabitant.

"What is it, Billy? A customer?"

Cuckoo.

"Ah, a mailman." From the slit on the front door, an envelope flew into the room and landed perfectly on the desk in front of Misha. However, Misha only took a glance at the wax seal on the envelope before she forced herself to think that the crossword puzzle was more interesting. She didn't want to open the letter and was hoping that a customer or even tax collector come just to give her more reason to avoid it.

6 letters, start with O. One of the largest family of flowering plant.

Caelyn Amarakiir
Caelyn shuffled a bit from her stupor, slowly standing up as she did. Brushing off her clothes, as she adjusted her skirt. She glanced over, at a massive canine-like shadow that was in the trees. She slowly shook her head. "No, you know I have to head into the village today." She then said, as she did. She smiled softly, as she picked up the cloak from the ground, quickly putting it on so it covered most of her features, specifically her ears, as elves were rather uncommon in this region. Slowly heading towards the trees, the shadow quickly approached her, before disappearing as she entered the trees, heading towards the edge of the forest.

While it was uncommon for her to leave her Forest, today was a special day. She had sensed things moving in the background about a week ago, and she feared the worst. She feared that things had begun moving against the will of the world once again, and wanted to check the village. Mostly to see if it was even still there, but also to see if any news had reached it. Specifically, news of any movement of the Demon Clans. She knew that one or two of them were nearby. But she wanted to make sure.

Abel & Buddy: The Wandering duo

Tis was like any other day, the paws of the Irish wolfhound stepping one at a time on the the stone road leading to a new and unexplored area by the hound, but in the eyes of the hound, another figure walked alongside the seemingly alone dog, a completely white and transparent individual that seemed much older than the hound, showing visible confusion as the man looked around, before turning and speaking to the dog.Abel.... do you know where we are heading....?’ to which the hound responded back by thinking ‘Honestly, I don’t know where we are going to be exact, just wandering around like we always do ‘Buddy’ and the ‘Phantom’ seemed to read Abel’s thoughts clearly, as ‘Buddy’ responded with ‘And how do you expect us to get somewhere safe with food if we are out here trying to figure out where we are supposed to go....?’ as Abel the hound stopped to think about this.

Before Abel can respond, ‘Buddy’ would sigh as he said
‘Let me check the map again.... maybe there is some sort of natural landmark we can use to find our way to a random city or town....’ as ‘Buddy’s form began to take a much more physical appearance, the transparent form of the ‘Phantom’ now capable of being seen, as the man went through the small pack at the side of Abel’s lower back, taking out a folded up map, to which ‘Buddy’ unfolded and began taking a look on both the map, and their surroundings. ‘Buddy’ had an unsure look on his face as the Duo looked at surrounding trees on the path, seemingly going on for miles...... before saying “Yeah....... I’m pretty sure we are lost.... and I didn’t know that was possible, but I guess we must have taken the wrong road somewhere along the path.....” as ‘Buddy’ began folding up the map once more, before putting it away in Abel’s pack. Abel once more thought about something ‘Well, what’s wrong with a little adventure now and here? After all, you always say you wanted the explore the world a bit more...’ as Abel looked at Buddy, the latter making a small smile and responding back with “I guess so...... let’s just hope that this doesn’t go badly....” as ‘Buddy’s form slowly diminish from the outside world, now no longer physical and unable to be seen by others.

Abel would only make a bark of happiness, as the ‘two’ walked down the road together, both unsure of what lies ahead of them. But whatever it was, lets hope it’s at least interesting and doesn’t bring either of them into danger, but who’s to say that exploring didn’t have any risks at all?

Last edited:
Caelyn Amarakiir
Caelyn once again let out a soft sigh, as she shuffled along the small dirt road that passed through her forest, heading towards the village. She smiled softly to herself as she did. While it was rare for people to be out this way at this time of year, she still wore her cloak just in case some random hunter or traveler spotted her. As the thought passed her mind, she spotted what seemed at first glance to be a stray dog. This of course, startled her at the sheer randomness of the event. Pausing, she watched the dog for a bit, wondering if it was some sort of stray demon who had wandered too far from it's clan's camp.

While she didn't sense anything demonic in nature from the dog, she still did not want to take the risk. She knew from experience that powerful demons could hide their presence.

Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Gunna Netvolasa
"A clock shop?" Sitting up from her bed, Gunna looked to her right with a tilted head. The recommendation had been so random and out of the blue, that she found herself seriously considering it.

"Yes. The things fascinated you when you were young, so your father thought it might be a good way to spend a day off. Resting in bed is fine, but to keep your strength up you should head out every now and again." The human with graying hair, Sifled, responded to her incredulousness with a smile. Spotting an unruly strand of hair, he reached out to brush it back in place, but the girl instinctually recoiled from the touch and he brought his hand back to his side, stifling a sigh. "Elizabeth will be accompanying you out. Try not to get in any trouble, and enjoy the breeze, okay?"

"... Alright, I will." She held her hand up to Sifled and he leaned down, letting her ruffle his hair like she had since she was little as a way of comforting him. "I'll be back later. Make sure that preparations for heading back home are done today, alright?" In response to her Sifled nodded his head and left the room, being replaced by Elizabeth who worked to get her ready for traveling out of town. She was made to swallow a few pills, helped to change into proper clothes, and asked to demonstrate that she could properly walk with the help of her cane before she was allowed out of her room in the high-class inn. She let Elizabeth find them a carriage to travel in, and they rode it for over an hour to reach the shop. Sometime along the way sweat started to bead on Gunna's forehead, and Gunna used magic to cool the inside of the carriage down. Elizabeth only lightly scolded her for using magic, tactfully avoiding mention that the temperature had barely qualified as warm.

When the carriage stopped Elizabeth got out first, lending her hand to Gunna to help her step down from the carriage. Noticeably shaking, it took Gunna incredible effort to get down safely even with help, but she just tried to hide behind a smile. She had been the one to request a cane instead of crutches or a wheelchair, so she refused to show weakness. Because she was being stubborn, Elizabeth simply went ahead to the door, knocking twice while she caught up using her cane.
Ace Cream Ace Cream

It wasn’t long after their small pit stop to check the map, that the duo continued their way on the dirt road, Abel taking a small stroll down the path, looking like the happiest he is at, well, for a dog, as the invisible form ‘Buddy’ looking a bit irritated at the fact that is coming from the combination of being lost out here on a dirt road and the fact that Abel didn’t seem to mind this at all, which to ‘Buddy’,wasn’t a good idea at the very least, since their food supplies are rather running low at the moment, and they needed to get to a town quickly or risk having Abel suffer from starvation.

But not every moment is peace and quiet, for Abel’s nose raised into the air, seemingly picking up a new and strange scent in the air, ‘Buddy’ looking at his friend and saying
‘You smell something strange....?’ as ‘Buddy’ looked around for the source of said smell, and in unison, they had looked at the cloaked person also on the same road as them, staring at the hound, probably thinking about something. ‘Buddy’ would only make a sigh as he said ‘It’s just a fellow stranger..... nothing to be worried about. Let’s just mind our own business and continue on our way....’ as the ‘Phantom’ waited for Abel to respond, but instead of getting the intended reaction from the hound, Abel instead, began walking towards said stranger, his intent of greeting the person.

‘Buddy’ however, only looked perplexed at what Abel did, and instead, went in front of him in a way to stop them, and for a bit it did, as he said
‘Oh no..... your not gonna go and bother this person right now, you know the last time you tried this...” as the ‘Phantom’ visibly shakes after saying it, Abel responding back with ‘But what if they are friendly.....?’ ‘Not everyone you meet is gonna be friends with you the first second after meeting them’ ‘But what about that small chance of them actually being kind?’ ‘Highly unlikely my canine friend.’ as ‘Buddy’ attempted to persuade the hound with experience and knowledge, crossing his arms, but Abel simply walked through the Phantom, and continued on his way as Buddy mentally face-palmed at the stubborn and inexperienced hound, before following suit, making sure Abel doesn’t get into real harm here.

With the stranger however, the dog slowly approached the person, trying to show itself as not a threat here but a friend, as after reaching a certain distance, a few feet away from the stranger, before sitting down on the ground, it’s eyes looking straight at the figure, waiting for the person to do something. But the dog was also a strange one, for it not only had a leather collar around its neck, but also had two small packs on its lower back, like it was both carrying something and had a owner already. But there was seemingly no one for a distance, so that this dog might either be a friendly canine who was lost, or it’s owner may have died in the area.
ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar

Caelyn Amarakiir
Caelyn blinked softly as she observed the dog. She stood there, her cloak covering her face, and much of her features, save for the lower part of her thin legs, her figure barely noticable under the cloak. Clearly, she was at least trying to hide her identity from any who she would run into. Or perhaps a specific someone. She stood there, watching the dog idly, before noticing the packs upon it. While her face was mostly hidden due to the cloak, it was clear from the movements of the hood, that she at least glanced around a little bit, though the hood lingering an uncomfortable amount where the 'phantom' following the dog stood.

She then moved, closer to the dog, before halting a bit, glancing at her own shadow, mumbling something, before approaching it, patting the dog on the head. "And who might you be, little one. Wouldn't be a part of some caravan, would you?"

Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Misha

Cucko, cucko. The automaton bird once again popped out of it's nest. Misha who had been busy distracting herself from the letter by finishing the crossword puzzle welcomed the interference.

"A customer! Billy, please give our guest some hospitality." Misha took a brief moment to make sure that her clothes look proper while the windows thrown open by itself to allows gentle breeze in and carry the fragnance of flowers planted in the small vases by the windows, the piano in the corner of the room started playing a gentle and calming background music. After all the preparations were completed Misha opened the door and greeted her guest with a smile.

"Welcome to Misha's Clockwork." She invited both of her guests to come in.

The inside of the store was arranged neatly. On one side lined up the tall grandfather clocks with various reliefs carved on its edge. On the other side were the smaller wall clocks with various shapes from the cuckoos to the round clocks. Right across the entrance lies the store's cashier with a glass counter where dozens of alarm clocks and handwatches were displayed, on top of the counter was where Misha put the letter and the Magi Times she had been reading, both had been neatly folded and stacked aking with some handmade clock catalogues. If Gunna took a careful look she might notice that every single clocks in the store was ticking at the same pace, at the same time, down to the miliseconds, creating an illusion of only one gentle ticking noise that can be heard from all direction despite all the clocks seems to be working just fine.

"What can I help you with, milady?" Misha asked her guest while adding a subtle bow.

That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

Last edited:
Gunna Netvolasa
A soft smile floated on Gunna's face as she entered the shop, taking it all in at once. The ticking, the piano, the quiet sense of synchronous rhythm about it all made her subconsciously fall in line, stepping to the time best she could on a bad leg. Though she had only been told to look around and enjoy herself, she knew her manners better than that, so she had spent some time thinking about what she would purchase as recompense for the time she would be taking. "I was thinking about buying or commissioning a handwatch. It would have to be sturdy, but I thought it would be a nice thing to have." Since it would see many fights, she didn't want it breaking, and especially not losing its ability to steadily tick onward.

Since her master seemed to be fine on her own for now Elizabeth just stepped back out of the way, leaving Gunna to it and only keeping ready to step in should something happen. Gunna, after taking a look around the shop for a natural transition, opened her mouth again, "I also wondered if I could bother you to show me around. No matter how often I took them apart and put them back together, I always found myself wondering where these things get the energy to keep going for so long." Before the answer was simply 'batteries' but after coming to this world and seeing so many clocks go for months or years without needing to be recalibrated she found herself fascinated by the things. Twenty years was a long time to hold a curiosity, so with the memory of it sparking in her mind she once again found herself asking how a series of gears and springs could keep such an elaborate mechanism going without being a perpetual motion machine.

Ace Cream Ace Cream

Irene Versiolos

Sitting up upon a tree, in the forest, there was Irene, in her standard boarding school uniform, she used to wear. Looking up at the azure sky above, watching as the clouds slowly pass by in all sorts of abstract shapes. She then exuberantly jumped down to the ground, to continue exploring the planes she had never been to before. Though she has been outside for at least a month now, she hadn't been inside a forest before. "Wow~ It's so serene! So silent, and the leaves all around me whistle in the wind like silent notes! It's so peaceful it's almost irritating!" she said to her herself, skipping between twigs and pebbles in the fallen leaves.

As Irene skips through the trees, humming to herself a melody only she knows, she notices two figures in the further distance in between the trees and bushes. As curious as she may be, she knows not to eavesdrop on others even if it's not something private or unruly, but curiosity kills the cat. She insists on approaching the two figures and cyphers what it seems to be a dog and a cloaked individual. As she steadily steps toward a tree to hide behind, avoiding any pebbles or twigs to accidentally step onto. Peering in on the suspicious individual.

Interactions: Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 ,
Mood: Neutral

Misha

"Ah, I always recommend my customer to commision a watch if they're able to, please wait a moment." Misha vanished into the backroom briefly before returning with a measuring tape. She then took a measurement of Gunna's hand to make sure that the result would be a perfect fit.

While they're at it Gunna expressed her interest on the inner mechanism of clock which made Misha's eyes gleamed before she entered her teacher mode and try to explain as best as she can. She took a handwatch that had been under repairing process and shows it to Gunna. "Simply put, we clockmaker use rune magic as source of energy, using the frame of the clock itself as the magic circle. Then we put the runes somewhere within it." Misha flipped the lid of the handwatch she was holding and pointed at the tiny marking that was barely noticable on the corner. "Most people will mistake it as the creator's signature or simple relief."

"Anyway, with the rune magic not only we can make it go for years but it can also be used to cast extra spell, much like a magic accessories. The most popular one is rejuvenation. Since you want your watch to be sturdy do you want to add a spell to it too?"

That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

As the hooded figure stared at Abel, especially the spot where ‘Buddy’ was standing at, ‘Buddy’ began having a small feeling of dread wash up onto him, feeling like that decision wasn’t the best idea, especially since the hooded person looked at ‘Buddy’, or the spot his invisible form stood at for an uncomfortable amount of time, like they knew something was wrong here. ‘Are you sure about this Abel?’ ‘Why must you worry about everything Buddy...?’ as the dog turned its head to no one in particular, like something was truly lurking around this dog.

When the person walked up to the two, ‘Buddy’ merely stared, waiting for something bad to happen at any second, but calmed down as the stranger instead pat his friend on the head, while speaking about him being in some sort of caravan, probably due to the packs on Abel’s back. But the question almost made ‘Buddy’ laugh, considering the fact that the female (considering the tone of their voice) expected the dog to respond back, but Abel seemed to look at ‘Buddy’ with a face, well, as much a dog can muster, and thought to ‘Buddy’
‘Hey, I’m sure you can respond back to them and have them help us out....’ as the dog looked back at the person. ‘Buddy’ however, sighed as he said ‘Look, as much as I hate this..... we are low on supplies.... let’s just hope that this doesn’t end in disaster...,’ as ‘Buddy’ took one deep breath in, before commencing this action.

On the right of the hound, the air seemed to cool down a few degrees in temperature, as a figure began to make its form in the space out of nowhere, like it has been there from the very start, before, as the form showed itself to be a a white and transparent man, seemingly in their mid to late thirties, having their arms crossed as the did a small cough to get their attention.
“Greetings there stranger.... do not be afraid at all from my appearance and such, I mean no ill intent towards you unless you hurt me or my friend here. I go by the name of ‘Buddy’, while my canine companion is called Abel, and we seem to be in a bit of a situation here.” as he referred to the small packs on Abel’s, the dog giving a small bark. “We require much more supplies, the food ones to be exact, and we are running quite low here, combined with the fact that we are a tad bit lost here. So we require some aid getting to the nearest village or town to buy some more food, and you may not trust the ‘Phantom’ who appeared out of the blue a few minutes ago, but from the deepest pits of my heart, I am telling the truth and only the truth to you....” as he hoped that would be enough to have the stranger consider thinking about helping the two.

Caelyn Amarakiir

Caelyn watched the for a bit longer, just long enough for the phantom, appear beside the dog, and begin speaking. As he did, she slowly turned, once again to face back at him, barely moving besides this. As he spoke, it seemed as if she was smiling, though her face was still mostly covered by her cloak. "I am headed into the village myself." She then said, as she nodded once again. The tone of her voice unchanging, almost monotonous. "This forest..." She said, waving her hand, around them, even behind her. "I live on my own, most of the time, away from others." She continued, as she stood there, watching them. "This of course means that there is often a time when I do not have the things I need. You are welcome to join me, until I reach town." She finally finished.

As she spoke, her shadow seemed to shuffle, as if it had a mind of it's own. As it did, Caelyn glanced back at it a few times, shaking her head a bit, before she finally finished her words. Though, as she did, she glanced away from the two before her, looking into the thickets, towards where Irene hid. Before again looking at the two before her.

Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Faynorae Faynorae

- Oki Tsukiya -

With a big bite, a human man hummed happily as he chewed. Enjoying the wonderful sweet flavors of a blueberry cheesecake while casually watching people walking about in the market space. Sitting on a small stool and by a table in front of a bakery. His cinnamon tanned cheeks puffed a bit, feeling the fluffy cream practically melt on his tongue.

Street food is the best-!’ Oki thought with a bright smile, taking another bite. As much as he was on an important mission, a hunt for a certain someone, he couldn’t resist the delicious smell of food. Especially sweets. Oh how he loved sweets~ After his fifth cheesecake, he paid the baker, and left. His dark cloak billowing behind him, hinting a katana‘s scabbard by his waist. Feeling renewed and energized again to go on his search. So far, based on the talk of this village, he has heard of a land god nearby here, inside of the forests just on the outskirts. One that many hunters pray to for a good hunt and good results tend to happen more often than not.

So he hopes to find this land god and ask them two questions. He also prays that they don’t feel threatened by his presence either, should they ever find out his identity. Oki looked around the market street, just casually seeing through the windows of what the vendors are offering until something caught his golden eyes. A clockwork shop with open windows and— he took a deep breath— it smelled like flowers. The young man sighed, already hearing his sister’s mocking tone as he took his time observing the grandfather clock ticking.

‘You get distracted so easily, brother! First food, now flowers and clocks. What’s next? A bunny?’ Oki couldn’t help but roll his eyes. It wasn’t that he was easily distracted, he just liked to see what this world offers. Not used to coming out of his family’s home on his own and without a guard following him as he explored. He stood there, contemplating if he should go inside and ask the shopkeeper. Might be worth it—but what hunter would go in a clockwork shop? Then again, as Oki has noticed over the decades, magic can work in wondrous of ways.

To the people inside, they would see a young tanned man staring curiously at the grandfather clock. Narrow golden eyes following the swinging arm that’s caused behind glass. Dark hair that framed his face and held up in a high ponytail by a red string. He wore a dark brown cloak that reached to his covered ankles. Worn out and dirtied boots from long walks.

Ace Cream Ace Cream That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

• Amaris
    Mentions/Interactions: N/A
    "My Liege, there seems to be a group of human spies approaching from the western side of the encampment!" An imp hurriedly shouted as he burst through a once closed door and into a discussion hall. He was immediately met with glares from a slue of the demonblooded individuals who sat within the room. Sarrinel, a Nightgaunt, merely moved his head in the direction of the imp with a sigh as the remainder of the battle tacticians began to speak in hushed voices. That was until quiet giggling was heard from the end of the room. From within an illustrious throne of some form of black wood, a velvet padding making up the inside of the chair where a small figure sat. Runes and symbols of various meanings began to shimmer and glow within the wooden portions of the chair. As blood-red irises glanced from the elongated table to the interrupting imp.

"Is that so?" As she sat there, head resting against a propped up hand, her lips began to twist into something a bit more sinister. A smirk that oozed with menacing energy, though she couldn't have been more overjoyed by this development. If anything, this was a chance to escape from another of the stuffy meetings that she frequently had to deal with. "If they're merely spies I can dispatch a group of my men, there's no need to disrupt this meeting. " One of the generals surrounding the tables called out, though his tone of voice had announced that he saw the situation as an inconvenience rather than seeing it as an opportunity to have some fun. "I want the greenest of your men to see to it. Whoever among you has the newest trainees, be that a day or mere hours- I want them to see to it." As Amaris spoke a few of the generals chuckled to themselves, believing her orders to be a joke.

Their chuckling didn't seem to phase her resolute tone. Another of the generals, this one hosted two long horns curling from his head down to his back- and his red hair seemed to wave alike that of flames as he sat there. "My liege. That would endanger the lives of our soldiers... It would be far safer to keep them here to train and send our more elite troops to deal with the-" The ifrit was soon cut off as Amaris lifted her hand to silence his refute and that of any generals who may follow suit in speaking against her. "There's no better training for them than this. Real combat, the taste of fresh blood, that's what they should be facing as soldiers under my banner. Not playfighting one another until the time for the war comes." Her scolding of the general's methods caused them to recoil a bit, perhaps dealing with a sting to their own pride.

She stood from her throne, causing anyone who had strayed to turn their attention to her. "Aside from that, I will be joining them. So this is the perfect opportunity to show them firsthand what happens if they fail to prove their fealty to me." Once more the same grim smirk crossed her lips, and a chill seemed to sweep throughout the room. "Send fifteen of your men to the southern gate, the newest of course. I shall wait five minutes before my impatience gets the better of me. While I'm gone you will continue to think about this issue, and we will resume the meeting when I return." Her voice once more was commanding, and the others stood from their chairs and set off to alert their men immediately. The imp, who had remained idly until this point was suddenly addressed. "Nariphel, correct?" Amaris asked to the smaller demon who kneeled and nodded, "Y-yes my liege. I am honored that you know my name, and an honor to be able to stand before you like this."

"You will accompany us on this as well. Should you prove your worth to me, I will reward you. Therefore I insist that you serve as an extension of my own sight." She smiled gently, though whether that kindness is false or not was unknown. "O-of course! T-thank you my liege. I will not disappoint you my liege!" The imp excitedly rambled out his words before bowing and flying off to the southern gate.

Looking back to the table, she couldn't help but sigh at the state of things. 'I've held lordship over this clan for a year now. You think some event would trigger to ascend to a demon lord by now.' She thought to herself before pursing her lips and looking up towards the ceiling. It's not like she'd been able to do much research on the past demon lord, nor did anyone in her clan have a 'Demon Lord for Dummies' book handy. Still, with evident anger, she sighed and looked back to her throne. Reaching a hand towards it she spoke a few words, "Agi, Vhuul, Rahi" Three of the runes began to glow before black tendrils began to extend from them, slowly wriggling towards her hand. As they approached, he turned her hand over revealing the back of her hand to the tendrils. The three seemed to coil around one another, forming into a single mass before they touched against her hand. Upon touching her they seemed to disintegrate into a black mist that vanished into the air.

"Now then, let's see what these spies are up to." She spoke to herself before turning and leaving the planning hall. It took her only a moment to walk to the gate, mainly due to the fact that no one would dare stand in her way- out of fear for the repercussions. Upon arriving she was met with the fifteen newbies that she had requested. Each of them stood to attention as soon as she had approached them, a few looking more frightened than respecting. "Make sure you keep up out there, this isn't a training exercise after all. If they engage you... it's to the death- or until I get bored, whichever comes first." She said and pressed through the gate, Nariphel was already up in the air as their squadron set out.

Despite the fact that the soldiers were armored, they remained remarkable stealthy- likely due to the wyvern hide it had been made from. After roughly half an hour of walking, they had spotted their quarry. A singular platoon, no more than fifty semi-equipped men and women. From the looks of it, they weren't the main military force of the nearby villages. If she had to guess, these were likely the scouts an spies, with a little added protection to ensure that they could survive the journey here and back. Unfortunately, it appeared they were amidst relaying information, and completely unaware of the small ambush awaiting them. One of Amaris's soldiers, Orinezzx, approached her with even more fright than before. "M-my liege... I don't think I can do this. I mean, there's so many more of them than us. How can we expect to win?"

The question earned silence from the remainder of his squad, who instead stared at him with shock. Amaris calmly turned to look at him, looking at him carefully. "Because we will. You may all be new to this, but that's how the first kill always is. Yet you say you can't do this... right?" Her statement was made as her eyes moved from one individual to the next, and all of them reluctantly nodded- not wanting to accept their own weakness. This was the risk she had taken, an expected result of her gamble to gain innately competent soldiers. "Very well then. I shall grant you strength, as you feel you are lacking."

Her gaze turned upwards to Nariphel, who had been watching the whole situation perched within a tree branch. The other soldiers looked to Nariphel for a moment before glancing back to Amaris. "Nariphel. I've decided on your reward. From here on you will be the commander of an elite regiment- answering first and only to me. All of you-"Her gaze swept over the squadron who seemed confused, "Shall be the chosen soldiers for that regiment." The soldiers looked to one another even more confused than they had been prior, meanwhile, Nariphel stood there with complete and utter awe in his expression. "Your lordship. Are you sure it's wise to give... weaklings like us such a position?"

Amaris turned her hand upright as a black miasma began to billow forth from her hand, "You may be weak at the moment. But I'm about to fix that issue. Welcome to day one of your training." She smirked as black tendrils launched from her hands and seized each of the demons around her. A total of sixteen subjects for this experiment. As the tendrils began to coil around each of them Amaris began her spell, a crimson magical circle glowing from the earth beneath her as all of her subjects were caught within it. "Rahi, I invite you to gaze into the Abyss. Vhuul, Your servitude is forever bound. Agi, Let loose your weakness- and accept this strength."

The circle shimmered for a moment before that same black miasma coated the area, the encampment of humans was completely surrounded by this miasma- save for the very center. Amaris could see the humans move to the center, gathering up their weapons and armor and preparing themselves for combat as the scribes and noncombatants hid within the circle of warriors. Their minds began to be assaulted by the horrific sound of bone cracking and anguished screams filling the forest. Then it fell silent outside of an inhuman chittering from within the forest, along with the sound of rushing wind. Figures moved within the miasma before a single voice called out. "Pick and Choose."

What could only be described as fifteen sets of flaming orbs ignited within the fog, completely surrounding the helpless soldiers. Then, at the base, another set of much larger flaming eyes opened. A singular wing flap revealed itself, the beast before them was a much more primal looking imp which stood fifteen feet tall. Its skin had hardened into much more defined scales, it's face now shaped into something more akin to that of a dragon whose horns curled down to frame its maw. The scorpion-like tail had retained most of its presentation, though it had grown enough to be akin to a berserkers blade. As it opened it's mouth to roar a plume of flame leapt from it, and it completely incinerated the tents and lean-tos of the encampment. As this occurred arrows, spells, and javelins were launched towards the beast- causing it to recoil slightly before growling towards them once more.

From the surrounding area, which was being peppered with attacks as well, came another onslaught of the fifteen smaller individuals. The sound of blades clashing could be heard as the demons made themselves known. Each one had become a somewhat stranger version of themselves, their bodies had become toned- strengthened. Meanwhile, they had developed tails tipped with a sharp blade of a claw. Their eyes, much alike Nariphel's had become small infernos and their combative prowess seemed almost astonishing from what they had appeared as earlier.

Amaris watched onwards for ten minutes, witnessing as soldiers were cut down one after another. One of her own, one of the trainee soldiers, had been struck down by a lucky blow from the humans. In the end, no one came out unwounded, but it was a victory for demonkind. Nursing their wounds, the demons regrouped around Amaris who applauded them for their work. "As I told you, I shall give you the strength to prevail. Your bodies may be different now, but once you learn to utilize them I have no doubt you'll be able to hold your own against my current top soldiers." She smiled towards them, the primal-looking demons were glad to receive the praise and made a note to kneel before her, not that it did much in Nariphel's case.

"Now then. Where are the ones you've chosen?" She smirked as the demons walked to different parts of the battlefield and dragged humans in various stages of life over to her. Each was bound in rope and held by one of the demon's who presented themselves. All-in-all they had secured seven captives to do with as they pleased. "Excellent, now lets head back to the dungeon and see what they have to say." She grinned and waved her hand before her, causing a rift to tear in the air before her. The demons dragged their captive through it along with entering themselves.

'I wonder if this was even worth the mana' She sighed before entering through the portal herself, causing it to close behind her and leaving the battleground behind.

Irene Versiolos
Mood/State: Willingly Unconscious

As Irene stumbled over herself from witnessing as something started to talk, she grasped on to the ground at which she made contact with. Irene made a small high-pitched soft Eep! just soft enough for them not to hear, or she thought it was soft enough. Peering in on the conversation, she sees that the cloaked individual glanced over to where Irene was hiding, and as she tried to look closer, she makes clear eye-contact with the cloak-individual. In the blitz of fear, Irene jumps up and fleets from the situation at hand, running through thick shrubs and bushes and some branches in the way.

Irene then stumbles and trips over a rock in the way, and tumbles down a small steeped part of the terrain. She sighs, "
Why did I run away?! I need to learn how to keep my composure, they didn't seem like a threat at all!!" she whines to herself, rolling on the ground. "Ah, my clothes are a mess now! Versiolos would probably be mad at me. I need to find shelter, and eat something too. I can't risk getting hurt in these conditions." She thinks to herself, standing up from the dirty ground. As she walks through the place that she stumbled upon, she finds a creek which reeks somewhat of blood, pondering at why she sits down on a fallen log nearby the side of the water.

Though the water looks completely pure, the scent of blood still lurked like a creeping shadow. As Irene thought and thought, At first she thought it was a wolf, but why would a wolf use the river? Overtime as she thought, the smell of blood felt so unbearable at the moment. She looked down her feet, noticing something rather disturbing. The thing which she thought was a fallen log, was the carcass of a rotting being. As she screeched, leaping in terror, not knowing where she quickly fell into the cold water of the creek. What a dreary and horrid day it was for Irene.

"Now my clothes are even more of a mess! It's wet and my skirt is covered in blood! Versiolos might as well kill me at this point!" She said, unwillingly standing up from the cold shallow water. As she removed her dirty clothing and put it inside her brooch, then pulled out a thin white dress and put it on. Irene hated dresses like this, but it was currently the only thing she had on her. As much as she would love to transform to be able to avoid all dirt and mess, the transformation is temporary and takes up too much mana, leaving her unprepared for any dangers she may encounter.

She takes out her brooch and holds it up in the air, turning it into a sturdy, a dainty and decorated spade. As she digs up a grave for the carcass, slowly putting the body into the hole, then covering it up. She then takes some long thin sticks from around her and then ties them together with the ribbon in her hair. The spade then turns back into a brooch and Irene swiftly puts it away. She then puts her hands together and says under her breath "May you find peace..." and stands there for at least five minutes in the same position. She then washes her hands in the water and proceeds to walk away from the place.

As she walks through the narrow paths, she thinks to herself, "Whoever might've hurt that poor person, is bad. They didn't even have the respect and courtesy to dig a grave. What a bad-mannered person they may be." As she walks between pebbles and sharp twigs, her once happy mood was absolutely and completely ruined. Drearily navigating between the trees, shrubs and bushes, she sees a figure of what may be a wolf in the distance. Disturbed for the moment, then calm, she stealthily makes her way around the wolf and comes across a small, abandoned building. She scans the area using the light of her brooch to help her, seeing if no one is nearby.

Hiding the radiance and luminosity of her brooch, she quickly ran to the doorway and slipped inside. Now that she was in a presumably safe place, she felt calmed and relaxed. Even though the place wasn't in a tip-top condition like the Manor she used to stay in, it was safer and better than the outside. She put away her brooch in a safe place and laid on the floor. Though cold, empty and hard, the atmosphere and events made her too tired to even care. As her eyelids slowly closed, she fell asleep, ignoring the howling from the outside world.

(here I am assuming we're in the same forest.)

Gunna Netvolasa
Attentively Gunna listened to Misha's explanation of how the clocks worked, nodding when appropriate and carefully watching the handwatch being used as a demonstration. When the engravings were mentioned, she squinted, trying to make them out, but had a quiet sigh as she realized that her vision hadn't fully recovered either - she couldn't make out the minute engravings in the watch just two feet away from her face, even though she used to have such keen eyes. She still listened to the explanation, but with her disappointing revelation about the state of her recovery, and the lackluster finding that rather than some form of ingenuity it was more an application of aptly suited magic, it was a little difficult to be as earnest as she was. "Thank you for the explanation, it was very interesting." Her curiosity reviving itself as it always did, she found herself wondering about the rune magic used in the clocks, and whether the technique had untapped potential. The idea was left to the back of her head though, perhaps because of everything or the pain in her legs she was starting to feel a bit irritated.

"Adding an enchantment would probably be best. I'll -" Gunna paused when a hand was placed on her shoulder, looking back to see Elizabeth looking tense, and a man outside the window.

Sniff.

Gunna's pupils dilated and the two wolfkin exchanged a look before looking back to Misha, putting on forced smiles. "If you'll excuse me, I must go take care of something. I trust you to select the best spell to make it sturdy, so if you don't mind I'll leave my assistant Elizabeth here to discuss price and delivery." Leaving her walking cane with Elizabeth Gunna stormed out of the shop, her tail stiff and slightly raised, a fierce glare building in her expression as she stopped a good thirty feet away from the tan man... The demon who seemed to be window shopping, mentally bracing herself to start unleashing hell on him while figuring how to cause the least damage to the surrounding area.

Just in case reason would work for once, she called out. "Demon posing as a man. Under the name Netvolasa, the Marquis house charged with repelling your kind, I demand you leave this country immediately should you not wish to perish. I trust you know the direction of the border." Since the invaders she had repelled a week ago at the cost of half a company was a group of demons, she truly was not in the mood to entertain thoughts of peaceful banter.
Ace Cream Ace Cream Katsuya Katsuya

- Oki Tsukiya -

Oki wasn’t paying attention to the lady coming over nor payed much mind to the door opening and closing. His eyes were taking in the intricate details on the grandfather clock’s wood exterior as he contemplated his choice to go in and ask or not. It was until he heard a woman’s voice that his focus snapped, golden eyes turning to the source, and he became confused. For several reasons.

The biggest one was why was she mad at him? Did he do something wrong? He didn’t squish the flowers, right? Would anyone be mad at him for it??? Well it wasn‘t his flowers so probably yes. ( The lady would see him look at his bandaged hands then at his boots, checking for something with a concerned expression on his face.) Then he listened to her words and thoughts clicked in his brain. Oh yea, his sister is going to laugh at him for this, should she ever hear of what happened. He thought he hid his presence pretty well! Ah well, better not deny it to keep the peace around them...the leftover peace after her declaration, that is.

The outed demon straightened his back and faced the woman, politely clearing his throat behind a curled fist as he pondered. His brows furrowed in slight worry, not for his own safety but the safety of the beings around him. How to end the hostility without triggering a drastic action? This is going to be difficult, isn’t it? Gaaah! He should just leave this shop, that’s the right choice, considering this lady just hates him for ... being here? Ah but...he was just looking around...

He needs to stop overthinking.

”Pardon me, miss. I don’t mean any harm here or to anyone.” Oki said, raising his hands up with palms open in hopes to calm the miss in front of him. “I didn’t know you owned this shop — Ah, but before I do leave your sight, mind if I ask you a simple question?” He asked politely, lowering his hands to his side, and his stance relaxed.

Ace Cream Ace Cream That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

Misha

"Sure thing, sure thing. I will make sure that the result will be to your satisfaction." Misha smiled at her customer. The unspecified enhanchement was a challenge though, it's not about how fancy or powerful of a spell that she can engrave into the clock but what spell would be the most suitable for each customer.

Gunna said she wants her watch to be sturdy. Sturdy, not beautiful or elegant or cute like most nobles usually request. This alone means she wants it to be usable in dangerous situation first and foremost. Considering the Netvolasa family's reputation, she would likely wants a combat handwatch. She kept that in her mind.

Misha was curious when Gunna rushed outside and ditched her walking cane. She peered out of the window and saw Gunna facing another stranger. Was a fight about to break out? Ahh, she didn't want to involve herself in something like this but she's still curious about the ruckuss, it's happening in front of her house afterall so she just stay inside and watch quietly through the window.

That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Katsuya Katsuya

And not long after that, ‘Buddy’ waited for the stranger to speak once more, and they did, Abel couldn’t help but try and muster a smile, while the ‘Phantom’ just kept an eye on the woman, as she spoke, but couldn’t help but think there was definitely something wrong here, especially the shadow of hers seemed to shuffle a bit, but ‘Buddy’ just noted to keep the stranger in his sights at all costs, especially since this may not end greatly.
“Well..... I’m pretty sure that the both of us don’t want to bother you at all, after all, your just a person who was unlucky enough to be bothered on this trip of yours. And while we would suggest some directions, I don’t fancy the idea of being lost again, so don’t mind our presence as we walk with you until reaching the town, at which we will part ways. Is this good for you....?” as he awaited a response, but his companion always had something to say.

‘Buddy, what’s up with you lately, you really don’t seem to trust the stranger at all.....’ and once more, speaking between each other’s mind, Buddy responded with ‘I’m not really trusting of this person, they may have some tricks beneath their sleeves and what may lies a secret they are trying to hide, especially with that cloak of hers.....’ ‘But..... you know what they say..... um, what was it again, oh yeah, don’t judge a book by its cover....’ ‘Your literally doing that right now...’ ‘Wait I am...?’ ‘Let’s just continue on and hope nothing bad happens...’ but before their conversation can continue, they both heard a strange rustling next to them, making them both look in that direction as they saw something run away, not sure on what it is. “Is this..... normal around here.....?” he said to no one in particular, while just trying to piece what just happened here within his mind.

Gunna Netvolasa
Was immediately such an overused word now that its meaning of instantaneous had been lost on the demon in front of her? A low buzzing sound emanated from her, the dull white glow of a basic physical enhancement initially being applied sticking to her body for seconds as she fingered the dagger at her hip. If she threw it just right... No, it would still go through a building. She would have to resolve this in close combat, then. Considering her approach, to quickly take care of this while causing the least damage to the surroundings and herself, she found herself thinking about the demon's words. Their relative positions at the moment, their surroundings. The bystanders had cleared a bit, but they obviously had no understanding of the scale of even a quick fight between powers as many stayed within eyesight. And, her father's instructions. That she was to preserve herself as much as possible.

Thankfully since she hadn't committed to a physical approach she hadn't gone 'serious' yet - hundreds of layers had been applied, but it was still within her safety zone, especially with her taking the time to apply them instead of instantaneously multicasting them all. And, with a confounded sigh, she found herself eyeing the demon with more displeasure than she knew she was capable of. "... Alright, I might have an answer. But you leave whether I do or not." No matter how upset she was, this wasn't any of the demons that had done horrible things while she was ordered to stand at the back and only give orders. This was a stranger, a stupid seeming one who might be about to give away his motive for being here, and she needed to be better than those bloodthirsty monsters with no respect for life.
Ace Cream Ace Cream Katsuya Katsuya

Caelyn Amarakiir
Caelyn smiled softly at this, nodding slowly as she glanced back at the direction that the two before her looked, shrugging lightly she turned back to face them. "It was likely just a deer. They are common in these woods, despite the village nearby hunting them for food." She added, her tone still rather flat, though a hint of a smirk could be heard in her voice. As she spoke, she began to pass the two, moving, to look back at them as she did. "Come as you may, sometimes a companion is useful in these woods." She then said, as she again turned to continue walking towards the village. As she did, her shadow seemed to shuffle once again, as if it was watching the two of them, scrutinizing them.
Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Users who are viewing this thread

Back