• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One A Secret to Keep (OOC w/ Charaphnelia)

Main
Here

Aron the Aron

Lord Commissar Secretary of Floor Gang
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
This'll be our OOC page, just so we can discuss whatever we want relevant to our RP thread.

So Cobalt's going to be an immigrant character from FF. Sorry, but I loved playing the guy, so I'll be keeping him around. Some details of our story also won't be changing; our Trainer will still be a seven-year reining Pokémon Champion (and probably be around 18-21), Cobalt will still be hiding a secret he doesn't want his Trainer to know, and he'll still have several close shaves with death as the story progresses.

That's about it as far as unchangeable details. Everything else is up in the air for you or the story to decide. You can have Chara return to be his Trainer with nothing changed, tweak a few details about her, or create someone new entirely for this! Make em a movie star, a martial artist in training, an aristocrat from a foreign nation, whatever floats your boat!

Cobalt himself will be changing too. I'll be toning down his initial stoicism and his overpowered nature; if I play him right he'll be more prone to taking hits that do him in, and be more interesting a character. At best, he'll be an equal to other Champions' Partners, and not the one-man army he was.

I'll also leave it in the air if you want this RP to turn romantic. We can have it be completely platonic, or like last time, or... "worse"

Ok awesome! Lol I'll have to think about any changes I'd like to make... I don't really think there's any important ones. Maybe a little change to her personality, and make her something other than an outright celebrity... Hmm...
Should I make a bio like in FF or do they do bios differently here?

Considering that this thread is in the "extra pages section" where bios, lore, and OOC goes, I think it's best we post anything that isn an RP post here.

Btw, the link to the RP thread is up; it's really small and almost unnoticeable below the title...

You know the "Cover" and "Unwatch" buttons near the top of the page? There should be a bar eight below it with the words "Main" and "Here". That bar is meant for links to other threads related to this; the Here is the link to the main thread

1604739064399.png
(Artist: dan-rowbell)

Ability (Lucario): Inner Focus (immune to flinching)
Ability (Mega Lucario): Adaptability (Fighting/Steel Type moves are much stronger than normal)
Height: 4'03" Normal, 4'07" Mega Lucario
Weight: 124.3 lbs Normal, 130.9 lbs Mega Lucario
Favorite moves: Close Combat, Shadow Claw, Extremespeed, Blaze Kick (He still has access to a Lucario's entire learnset of moves)

Chara's first Pokémon and longtime Partner for the last seven years, Cobalt is considered the strongest non-legendary Pokémon in the region. His gift of intellect and creativity has given him a reputation for being an unpredictable fighter.

Much of Cobalt's past is a mystery, even to him. His former life as a wild Riolu is largely unknown to him, despite earnest efforts to recollect his early life. His distinctive Ice-Blue eyes are suspected to be a genetic mutation, since that could also explain his increased height and superior constitution compared to normal Lucario.

He has yet to reveal it to anyone, but he hides a deep crush for his Trainer. He is utterly terrified that he could be found out.

Details out of the way, now I can start planning and plotting for this thread! So on our original thread on FF, Chara is the Champion of the Unova Region, and her hometown is Nuvema Town: located in Unova's southeast area. Do you want to keep these details same? Or if you want you can change it up; I'm fine with either option.

I'm thinking that if we do go ahead with romance in this (again, optional), we make it more of a slow burn. Originally, Cobalt confessed and then they... kinda just became a thing on the spot. Maybe we can have the two be uncomfortable at first as they try to figure their emotions out. Maybe even have Chara initially off-put because they're so different (they spent so long together, it might be believable that she sees Cobalt as more of a sibling)

These are just some ideas I have for this "reboot". I'd love to hear your opinions or ideas if you have any to pitch!

Last edited:
Yeah I think I'll keep those details as they are. Yes I agree! I think slowing the romance aspect down would make for a better plot, the rushing on FF was mainly my fault and that's my bad, so we can totally take it step by step and let it play out slower this go around!

1604759928312.png
Name: Charaphenelia Heartsworn
Height: 5'3''
Weight: 115lbs

Growing up in Nuvema Town, Chara often had a good amount of free time on her hands with which she needed to occupy. There hadn't been much in her small town, but to her saving grace, there had been a laboratory run by Professor Juniper. Spending long days and even nights at the lab, learning everything she could about Pokemon, Chara's love for the creatures the humans shared the world with grew more and more over the years.
Her tenth birthday had been one she'd looked forward to since the moment she was told it was the age she would be allowed to pick her very first Pokemon Partner, however, as Fate would have it, she hadn't needed to wait for her tenth birthday for a partner of her own.

Then, something happened that changed the girl's life forever. She and Professor Juniper had taken a trip to one of the Professor's makeshift labs out in the woods so that they could better observe the wild Pokemon in their natural habitats. Chara had been there many times before, but usually it had been summer time. It was the first time her mother had given her permission to go during winter. Unfortunately, a bad storm blew in only a couple of days into their trip, forcing them to hole up in the makeshift lab(cabin) and wait for it to pass.
However... Night three of the blizzard, then eight year old Chara happened to be looking out the window as she sat on the couch, and noticed something moving in the snowfall. Curious, she watched the small figure as it slowly made its way forward, trudging through the thick snow with determination.
She watched for about three minutes, until the small figure finally slowed to a stop, and fell into the darkness. The little girl wasted no time, yelling for the Professor as she hurriedly threw on her coat and boots and plunged into the storm.
It had taken the Riolu almost a day and a half to finally open his eyes, but when he finally did, the girl couldn't help but stare in amazement. His eyes were the most beautiful shade of blue she think she'd ever seen. From that day on, the two would be inseparable, and Chara named her partner in remembrance of the first moment their eyes had met-and how much she fell for those Cobalt eyes.

((Sorry this one is a bit short, I spent more time on the bio than I realized 😅 the next post will be longer!!!))

No worries or pressure! like I said before, we're still new to RPN, so take your time to make replies rather than rushing or promising anything!

Interesting detail that Chara first met Cobalt at age: Eight. Assuming she also starts her Pokémon Journey not too long afterwards, that's five years before finally becoming Champion. That'd actually sound like a fun prequel to explore, but that's getting way ahead of ourselves.

Oh, and I found a high resolution version of Chara's portrait. I honestly don't know where I found this so... Yeah, do what you will with this.
1604825177368.png

Last edited:
Woah that's awesome!!! Definitely the best pic lol. Yeah I couldn't remember what age I'd said last time, so I figured I wanted it to be before she was 10 but not too young so that she'd had a good few years to learn about Pokemon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back