• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Search for Talented People [Closed]

Berries

Berry bad fruit puns
We are no longer accepting at this time.
CS Thread | OOC Thread
[class=container] display:flex; height:70vh; max-width:900px; border:1px solid #9abfe0; margin:auto;center; flex-wrap:wrap; align-items:flex-start; overflow:hidden; flex-direction:row; [/class] [class=scrollbox] width:101%; height:60vh; overflow-y:scroll; [/class] [class=text] margin-left:5px; font-family:Heebo, regular; font-size:1em; color:#4f4f4f; [/class] [class=tabs] display:inline-block; width:100px; padding:.2em; text-align:center; font-size:1em; color:#9abfe0; font-family:Heebo, regular; cursor:pointer; transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out; [/class] [class name=tabs state=hover] letter-spacing:.3em; [/class] [script class=tabone on=click] removeClass select tabs addClass select tabone hide scrollbox show pageone [/script] [script class=tabone] addClass select tabone [/script] [script class=none] hide pagetwo hide pagethree hide pagefour hide pagefive [/script] [script class=tabtwo on=click] removeClass select tabs addClass select tabtwo hide scrollbox show pagetwo [/script] [script class=tabthree on=click] removeClass select tabs addClass select tabthree hide scrollbox show pagethree [/script] [script class=tabfour on=click] removeClass select tabs addClass select tabfour hide scrollbox show pagefour [/script] [script class=tabfive on=click] removeClass select tabs addClass select tabfive hide scrollbox show pagefive [/script]
[div class=container]
[div class="tabs tabone"]welcome
[div class="tabs tabtwo"]wanted[/div][div class="tabs tabthree"]plot[/div][div class="tabs tabfour"]info[/div][div class="tabs tabfive"]lore[/div][/div]
[div class="scrollbox pageone"]
[/div][div class="scrollbox pagetwo"]
[div class=text]
cemcoalarge.png

Royal Decree Prince Abel Vincent Longinus
First of his name, Stewart of Agaria

Are you a master swordsman? An exemplary scholar? A renowned wizard?

The royal family invites you to apply for a job tutoring Princess Amelia! The new princess, having just married into our royal Agarian line, needs to be educated in the ways of magic, our history, and combat. The hiring process will be overseen by our very own Prince Abel Vincent Longinus, the new husband of Princess Amelia of Gordon.

Any bright-minded and talented person may apply. Please see the royal recruiting officer for more information.

We eagerly await your addition to our team of royal tutors.

By his Royal Decree,
Georges Pratts, Royal Ministry
[/div]

[div class=text]
[/div]
[/div][div class="scrollbox pagethree"]
[div class=text]Welcome to Agaria!

Princess Amelia, daughter of King Sackond of Gordon, has just married into the royal Agarian family. The Kingdom of Gordon, while prosperous, has nowhere near the level of magic and scholastic success as Agaria; which was perhaps the reason behind her arranged marriage to Prince Abel Vincent Longinus.

The Agarian royal family is going to great lengths to make sure that the new princess is well-educated about their history and culture. They appealed to the entire Agarian kingdom to recruit the best mages, scholars and warriors to help bring her up to speed on the Agarian lifestyle. You were lucky enough to be chosen as one of her tutors! The highly privileged role not only has high pay but also offers a multitude of high-up connections to nobles and royalty. You may have come from a not-so-prosperous background, but now you are here in a position of power...

At first, everything went splendidly. The Princess was bright and enthusiastic, quickly becoming a favorite to royals and commoners alike. The Prince, by all means a doting husband, didn't seem to mind the fact that the marriage was arranged in the slightest. However, as the days passed peacefully by, an odd tension started to rise in the castle. Unable to place your finger on it, you ignored it, until one day you showed up to your lesson with the Princess and she was nowhere to be found.

As a master of your craft, you are superior to all of your peers in the kingdom. However, the royals only recruited tutors for certain subjects:

Tutor of Alchemy - A master alchemist, the tutor of alchemy is well-versed in all sorts of potion making. These potions include dangerous poisons, effective healing draughts as well as all means of other remedies, and even potions to temporarily transform people among other trickery.
Tutor of Elemental Magic - A master magician, the elemental magic tutor is a force to be reckoned with. Able to control the elements of wind, fire, water and earth, they make a fearsome opponent in any battle; but also a useful handyman.
Tutor of Conjuring Magic - Perhaps the safest type of magic, a conjurer is able to summon beings to do its bidding. Summons are versatile and can be useful for any task be it battle, reconnaissance or simply lifting a load too heavy for its magician.
Tutor of Swordsmanship - While the job description says "swordsman", this tutor is given the free range to master any close-ranged weapon be it a hammer, axe, or just the traditional long sword. This warrior is able to combat nearly any member of the royal army one on one.
Tutor of Archery - An expert at picking out targets from afar, this tutor is a master archer. However, the art of archery doesn't just extend to aim, but also the ability to coat your arrowheads with poisons or even set them on fire.
Tutor of Hand to Hand Combat - The tutor of hand to hand combat excels at fighting even without weapons on them. This tutor may use brass knuckles or a similar device but relies primarily on their physical might to fight. This tutor may be great at disarming other people to even the playing field, or just fighting them despite their weapons.
Tutor of Agarian Biology & Geography - Played by a GM, this tutor is an expert on the layout of Agaria as well as all the creatures that inhabit it.[/div][/div][div class="scrollbox pagefour"]
[div class=text]Thanks for reading this far!

As you can see, this is an unusual roleplay in the fact that, as GMs, we aren't telling you much. The majority of the interest check is targeting you as a tutor, but the major plot point is the disappearance of the princess: this will set off a chain of events that will lead the tutors outside of the castle on an adventure, but we aren't going to tell you more than that!

Jon Jon and I will be your GMs for this roleplay and will be playing the prince and princess respectively. I ( Berries Berries ) will also be playing the Tutor of Agarian Biology & Geography.

Additionally, you should take note of the fact that this roleplay will be different than other rps because we will be using the dynamic roleplay style (a term coined by me five minutes ago). What this entails is that you will both be playing in a group rp and a 1x1 rp through the course of this story: while the majority of action will occur normally in a group setting, we will also be PMing you individual prompts outside of the main plot. The objective of this is to give each character a different set of information that they can contribute to the group.

For example, before the main rp starts we will be accepting characters through conducting a 1x1 with you in PMs to evaluate your writing style and character development. This 1x1 will be a lesson that the tutor teaches with the Princess before she disappeared, enabling the tutor to learn more about her and perhaps help solve the mystery of her disappearance! You will later have the opportunity to relay the information you discovered during the 1x1 in the group thread when the main roleplay starts.

I understand that this may seem confusing so please feel free to ask us questions about it in the comments. c:

Now, onto our rules and requirements for this rp!
  • Able to post 3+ times a week.
  • Able to post at least two decently sized paragraphs with good grammar/spelling.
  • Willing to help worldbuild (we will be leaving most of the tutor's expertise up to you).
  • No godmodding - this will be strictly policed, especially on the magic tutors. Magic is powerful, but not any more powerful than a well-trained knight!
That's it! We will only be accepting one tutor per subject. It's not first come/first serve in that we will accept the first person who applies if they pass all our criteria, but if they don't we will leave the spot open for another applicant. The CS thread will go up once a few people express interest. :)[/div][/div][div class="scrollbox pagefive"]
[div class=text]World Geography
The world of Ryla is a diverse place consisting of multiple kingdoms. The most populated continent is the continent that this roleplay will take place on: Tachen. Tachen contains five kingdoms and among those are Gordon, the native kingdom of Princess Amelia, and Agaria where we will start. Agaria is by far the most prosperous of the five kingdoms with Gordon coming in third. The other three kingdoms are Eusta, Slyven and Brant. Agaria is located on the coast and is neighbored by Eusta and Brant.

Agarian Geography
Agaria is a hilly region rich in mineral resources. It also supports a surplus of marshes and waterways which helps to connect the kingdom through canals and boat routes, not to mention the ability to transport people and goods through their ocean ports. The capital city where the royals live is called Agaria City and is also home to the nation's most prestigious magical academies. The royal army also gathers there when not deployed on various missions. There are many rural areas in the nation that are little-explored and home to all variety of non-magical and magical beasts.

Magic & Alchemy
Magic is sorted into four different categories: elemental, conjuring, demonic, and spiritual. Elemental and conjuring magic are the most mainstream form of magic and are fairly common, though to get a magic education above the basics requires a lot of money in order to attend a magic academy. Demonic magic is banned across the world and only practiced in underground locations, while spiritual magic is reserved primarily for devout monks. Magic is powerful, especially at higher levels, but isn't at the scale where it can wreak havoc on large areas or against entire armies. At the end of the day, a well-trained mage would be able to evenly match a well-trained knight in combat. It's main purpose is for more day-to-day living where, for example, water magic can do laundry and conjuring magic can do menial tasks.

Alchemy is a prestigious art and alchemists are held at the level of renowned doctors and mages. Potion making takes a long time but the results are powerful; able to cause death as well as revitalize, with a lot of other uses in between. Potions can temporarily turn a person into a frog, mess with memories, and fall in love. Potions are generally very short-lived and expire quickly, but also only last for a limited amount of time. Ingredients can be costly and any alchemist who makes potions out of charity is bound to go bankrupt very quickly.

Beasts & Magical Creatures
Agaria is home to many magical and non-magical creatures. The only advanced lifeforms are humans but a variety of more rudimentary humanoids can be found such as ogres and goblins. They are unable to produce language and their intelligence is very far below that of a human's, but they are a threat due to their tendency to live in large colonies. In addition, Agaria contains griffons, dragons and all means of other magical creatures though they seclude themselves from human society and are very rare to come across.[/div][/div]
[/div]
credit RI.a RI.a

Last edited:
Hello! Here to express my interest! I absolutely love how the whole roleplay is framed, seems that you GMs put a lot of thought and planning behind this, I hope more people express interest so the whole thing can come into fruition. A minor question, and again, I realize that you have your secrets to hide so if this isn't something you want to answer it is totally fine: will we get more information on the specific kingdoms when/if we join the RP? Other rulers, political intrigue, etc. or is this the part where we are allowed to have some input into worldbuilding with you guys?

Definitely interested; I especially like your snazzily coined 'Dynamic Roleplaying' idea, it's a great inventive little quirk. I'd be inclined towards the Alchemy Tutor or the Conjuring Tutor.

Thanks for all the interest! :D The CS thread will be up soon and I will ping you all when it happens.

Hello! Here to express my interest! I absolutely love how the whole roleplay is framed, seems that you GMs put a lot of thought and planning behind this, I hope more people express interest so the whole thing can come into fruition. A minor question, and again, I realize that you have your secrets to hide so if this isn't something you want to answer it is totally fine: will we get more information on the specific kingdoms when/if we join the RP? Other rulers, political intrigue, etc. or is this the part where we are allowed to have some input into worldbuilding with you guys?

To some extent the other kingdoms are fleshed out, but they will be further developed when the characters begin to adventure there. You will be able to help contribute to building the other kingdoms through your posts, and ideas are always welcome, but the major politics and rulers are already ironed out. :) There are a lot of nuances that haven't been fully fleshed out yet though and we welcome contributions to the world!

The CS thread will be up soon and I will ping you all when it happens.
You spoil us. I look forward to its emergence.

To bug you with a question, will we be given lore on the religious climate of the kingdom? And, additionally, how heavily it and alchemy (and non-spiritual magic) are intertwined. If not, all the more to make up on the fly! I'm good either way, just curious for brainstorming <3

Birdsie Birdsie voracity voracity MagicPenguin MagicPenguin Bang Bang Bang Bang
Here's the CS thread!
Fantasy - A Search for Talented People CS [Accepting!]

And the OOC thread for any further questions:
Fantasy - A Search for Talented People OOC

You spoil us. I look forward to its emergence.

To bug you with a question, will we be given lore on the religious climate of the kingdom? And, additionally, how heavily it and alchemy (and non-spiritual magic) are intertwined. If not, all the more to make up on the fly! I'm good either way, just curious for brainstorming <3
Religion is primarily affiliated with spiritual magic and any other magic they use is very low-grade. :) Spiritual magic, to some extent, covers some of the aspects of alchemy (it is capable of healing and such) which means that alchemy doesn't have a big place in religion, but it does have some relevance in religion that you can develop yourself. :) Religion in the kingdom isn't too developed but the royals do have spiritual advisers from the church and religious organizations are pretty powerful. You're free to develop the nuances of that yourself if you wish. c:

You're free to develop the nuances of that yourself if you wish. c:
There are few things I enjoy more than nerding out over fictional religions.

Shall there be a discord for this RP? I tend to find it easier for keeping track of OOC, but I know not all RPs/GMs are into that shizzle.

There are few things I enjoy more than nerding out over fictional religions.

Shall there be a discord for this RP? I tend to find it easier for keeping track of OOC, but I know not all RPs/GMs are into that shizzle.
We’ve done discords for our past rps but they’ve always ended up making things too complicated so no discord unfortunately. :)

Interested, but question: Instead of a tutor, would I be allowed to play a master blacksmith? I've had an idea for an older character for a while now, but I've rarely seen an opportunity to actually use him.

Hey again! Honestly, the concepts you come up with are so great, haha.

Alright- if the position for the archery tutor is still available, I'd definitely be interested in submitting a cs. ^^

Interested, but question: Instead of a tutor, would I be allowed to play a master blacksmith? I've had an idea for an older character for a while now, but I've rarely seen an opportunity to actually use him.
Unfortunately we are only taking applications for the tutor positions provided sorry.

Hey again! Honestly, the concepts you come up with are so great, haha.

Alright- if the position for the archery tutor is still available, I'd definitely be interested in submitting a cs. ^^
it is still available! Positions are going quickly though so I’d recommend getting it in soon. :D

What do you mean by that? :) Do they have extravagant magical powers or something similar?
The character is a quintessential fairytale knight - the 'battles dragons and saves damsels' sort. A dream given form and fully believing itself to be human, even if it is truly just a facsimile.

The character is a quintessential fairytale knight - the 'battles dragons and saves damsels' sort. A dream given form and fully believing itself to be human, even if it is truly just a facsimile.
You would have to ground him a little bit, but the concept of him is fine. Here’s the two things that would have to happen:
1) he would have to be fully human lol, that’s the only race we’re accepting.
2) the scale of his heroics would have to be constrained to the kingdom level (as in he can be the hero of a specific kingdom, but not the level of being the hero of the world if that makes sense). :)

You would have to ground him a little bit, but the concept of him is fine. Here’s the two things that would have to happen:
1) he would have to be fully human lol, that’s the only race we’re accepting.
2) the scale of his heroics would have to be constrained to the kingdom level (as in he can be the hero of a specific kingdom, but not the level of being the hero of the world if that makes sense). :)
Number 2 can be satisfied, no problem there.

Number 1 is in question: What is the definition of 'fully human'? Biologically speaking, the knight can die just like any human, being stabbed, crushed or shot will cause his demise quite splendidly. The only difference the knight has in that regard is that he basically just spontaneousely came to exist, fully geared and ready to quest.

Number 2 can be satisfied, no problem there.

Number 1 is in question: What is the definition of 'fully human'? Biologically speaking, the knight can die just like any human, being stabbed, crushed or shot will cause his demise quite splendidly. The only difference the knight has in that regard is that he basically just spontaneousely came to exist, fully geared and ready to quest.
Fully human would also cover being born normally from a woman and going through normal growing stages. :) I'm going to have to be stern on that point because other applicants were also denied the opportunity to have quirks in regards to their human-ness lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back