• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Sci-Fi Detective in a Fantasy Land

Deadwood Deer

Ten Thousand Club
I'm hoping to RP about a detective from a futuristic world that, through some means we can discuss, finds himself in a fantasy world with magic and monsters and all that jazz. By some quirk of fate, the detective's tech is compatible with the magic of that world, and is seen as magic by most he meets that it isn't explained to. For example, his investigation drone would be treated by the magic system as a familiar.

There would be two primary characters, the detective and a denizen of this fantasy world, ideally a mage, that joins him as he searches for a way home. They go around this fantasy world dealing with shenanigans funny and severe. Your typical D&D-esque shenanigans a small party can get up to when the fate of the world isn't at stake.

Some things you need to know:
  • I'm basically always active from 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM EST. Ideally I'd like a partner that is online for about that much, mostly because it's less pressure to write long posts. But as long as you're able to post at least once or twice a day most days, I'm not picky.
  • My post length depends on the level of activity. If we're constantly going back and forth, my post length will be shorter. If we're only exchanging a couple posts a day, I'll write a novel for you. It is entirely up to you how big the posts are. At minimum, I post a paragraph or two. This varies as needed depending on what's going on.
  • I like to talk. OOC chatter is a must, whether for discussing the story, chatting about nothing important, memes, etcetera.
  • I'd prefer to be the detective, if that's okay, but I can be the companion if you'd rather be the detective.
Post below or PM me if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back