• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A RWBY Roleplay for the interested fan

Don't know anything about Soul Eater Not, but I'd just say that this rp is the life of the characters that are just silhouettes in the first season of RWBY.

I'll be the person that says I hate Soul Eater Not! and everything it represents and hope to god this roleplay does not devolve into senseless moe/yuri fanservice that constantly erases major plot point of Soul Eater.

[QUOTE="The Succubi Queen]I'll be the person that says I hate Soul Eater Not! and everything it represents and hope to god this roleplay does not devolve into senseless moe/yuri fanservice that constantly erases major plot point of Soul Eater.

[/QUOTE]
So what's the Plot then?

I never watched Soul Eater Not! mainly for never even finishing the original Soul Eater and generally losing interest after several other shows caught my interest. But I'll have you know that senseless fanservice will never be my intention when it comes to roleplaying. Fanfiction maybe, but never roleplaying.

But like Sting said, why not educate us on what, in detail, exactly Soul Eater Not! does to infuriate you so much.

GrieveWriter said:
I never watched Soul Eater Not! mainly for never even finishing the original Soul Eater and generally losing interest after several other shows caught my interest. But I'll have you know that senseless fanservice will never be my intention when it comes to roleplaying. Fanfiction maybe, but never roleplaying.
But like Sting said, why not educate us on what, in detail, exactly Soul Eater Not! does to infuriate you so much.
Well Yeah, because sometimes a Yuri or Yaoi subplot can help advance a story

Well, I found that Soul Eater, despite being heavy in fanservice, made up for a lot of it's sexist tropes by still managing to have dynamic, well rounded female charaters, and males who at least respect them. In the case of Soul Eater not, it really did just feel like a fluffy Yuri set in the Soul Eater Universe. The character were mere walking tropes compared to those of Soul Eater, and I found the change in art style really took away a huge part of what made Soul Eater so great. Also, many facts established in the canon of Soul Eater were lost in SEN, such as the shape of the city itself, some of the roles of DWMA students, and the "science" of the Soul Wavelength. Here's a more detailed review if you're a bit bored, that communicates most of what I'm saying in a more thorough manner: Soul Eater NOT!

[QUOTE="The Succubi Queen]I'll be the person that says I hate Soul Eater Not! and everything it represents and hope to god this roleplay does not devolve into senseless moe/yuri fanservice that constantly erases major plot point of Soul Eater.

[/QUOTE]
I agree, but I didn't bring it up for those points. I brought it because it tells the day and the life of characters that aren't in the main story. I honestly didn't finish it because the art jerked me the wrong way and the whole weapon fighting for a meister thing.

theManCalledSting said:
Well Yeah, because sometimes a Yuri or Yaoi subplot can help advance a story
Oh, of course! Relationships in any form are an important in any story, especially ones like RWBY and SE that rely heavily on teamwork. I didn't mean to imply the contrary.

[QUOTE="Jeda Teq]I agree, but I didn't bring it up for those points. I brought it because it tells the day and the life of characters that aren't in the main story. I honestly didn't finish it because the art jerked me the wrong way and the whole weapon fighting for a meister thing.

[/QUOTE]
So how's that RWBY RP Plot

Well first teams assemble and spend a bit of time interacting before a rise in crime occurs.

We'll have to deal with excessively ferocious gangs for the first story arc.

GrieveWriter said:
Well first teams assemble and spend a bit of time interacting before a rise in crime occurs.
We'll have to deal with excessively ferocious gangs for the first story arc.
cool, btw... can you help me with a semblance... like what would you think are off limits

theManCalledSting said:
cool, btw... can you help me with a semblance... like what would you think are off limits
I had a similar question! I'd rather not have my semblance be too far out of the realms of what seems viable in our ruleset.

[QUOTE="The Succubi Queen]I had a similar question! I'd rather not have my semblance be too far out of the realms of what seems viable in our ruleset.

[/QUOTE]
like I want a character with some sort of freezing ability but not sure if it's OP or not

Well then you could say it only works on beings that have below average aura levels, and that your not well trained with it.

That way, you'd only use it on non-living materials, Grimm, and defeated enemies. And you couldn't use too much or it heavily saps your Aura

GrieveWriter said:
Well then you could say it only works on beings that have below average aura levels, and that your not well trained with it.
That way, you'd only use it on non-living materials, Grimm, and defeated enemies. And you couldn't use too much or it heavily saps your Aura
I planned on doing something like that with gravity.

GrieveWriter said:
Nah I'm sticking with Carra's old Smokescreen Semblem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back