• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A RWBY Roleplay for the interested fan

GrieveWriter

U-Incorporated 2nd Class Type Unit
Due to watching as these types of RP'S go down time and time again, I figured I'd try my hand at making one just to see if its as difficult to maintain as all the void RWBY threads would make it seem.

Long story short, I shall be making a Roleplay for the RWBY series and ask any interested individuals, whether fan or just a knowledgeable and interested player, to join up. Keep in mind that were will be a sentence minimum so anyone who cannot post at least three sentences for each of their RP posts I implore you to search elsewhere.

It will not take place during the events of the show simply to avoid an abundance of canon damage that seems to result from that, we shall avoid meeting up with too many members of the original cast with the exception of the Beacon Staff and any Player Characters must be original.

If you are interested please say so in this thread, and if you have any suggestions for story arcs to be played in the RP them you may post them here as well for deliberation.

I shall try my hand at RWBY, though Ii am new and have yet to watch the 2nd Volume. (Which I intend to watch today) :3

(@theManCalledSting )

We'll have teams, we'll be playing as new students who are just arriving at Beacon. And do keep in mind that in order to make sure this thread doesn't wither, I'll be automatically advancing the plot if nothing of significance is posted within a day or two. So yes, arrive at Beacon, go through initiation, form and begin classes as first years while various threats to the safety of others pop up that our characters must resolve. Keep in mind that if you don't discuss who will join with who on your own I will form the teams based on whose names will make up proper titles. Which means that we will be following the Name Color Code that has been established by RWBY's creators. These will be the parameters for the story and all its characters.

Also, keep in mind that though you can make an unlikeable character if you wish, Main Villains will be created by me. So no White Fang sleeper agents or anything like that, I've seen it before in these threads and they never amount to anything other than annoyance and confusion.

(@GameMaster )

And to all of you, I plan n creating the thread tomorrow, so if you have any companions you'd think would be interested or other questions or ideas you wish to discuss, do feel free to post them.

Last edited by a moderator:
(@theManCalledSting )

Besides the Beacon Staff? No. I want to keep away from many Canon characters as its just awkward and unnecessary, but we'll have the same teachers as in the Canon story yes. So expect to see Ozpin and Oobleck and the rest of the Beacon staff there.

And I don't expect any of you to try this, but no characters who are related to the canon characters as siblings or anything like that. It won't be a thing.

GrieveWriter said:
(@theManCalledSting )
Besides the Beacon Staff? No. I want to keep away from many Canon characters as its just awkward and unnecessary, but we'll have the same teachers as in the Canon story yes. So expect to see Ozpin and Oobleck and the rest of the Beacon staff there.

And I don't expect any of you to try this, but no characters who are related to the canon characters as siblings or anything like that. It won't be a thing.
That's good, it's weird to have an OC who's related to a canon character

(@theManCalledSting )

You can be from another kingdom and things like that. Hell, be part of one of those traveling nomad groups for all I care. RWBY certainly spares no expense when having students that originate from other kingdoms.

Just don't make your place of origin too unbelievable.

Now by that I mean go ahead and be a wanderer, a foreigner, or even an aspiring trainee who runs away from home on a mission to gain the ability to avenge someone or something generic like that if you want to. But if I hear that your character was raised by a death cult that brainwashed them, or lived on an abandoned island where he ruled a horde of mindless followers, or if he spent years being nurtured and raised by Grimm, that kind of stuff just can't be tolerated.

Be a former member of a street gang who wants to redeem himself or something like that, or even go just to spite your wealthy family that kind of stuff is fine. But when the setting of your former life gets to a point where it sounds like its from an entirely different world altogether we'll have problems.

Altogether, yes you can originally be from Vacuo, Mistral, or Atlas if you wish.

I would like to take part in this. I usually don't do RP's based on a beloved show of mine but if we don't touch cannon too much it could be fun.

So, what I understand is that we'll essentially be the "Soul Eater Not" characters of the RWBY universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back