• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A Runescape Roleplay Dimensional Rift: Heroes of Gielinor!

The Mechanist

Everyone's favorite cybernetic robot! 🤖
In the world of Gielinor all was as it should be, hundreds of thousands of heroes doing quests, or participating in events or competitive games. The native people assisting these heroes by giving advice, or merely riddles, assigning quests or odd jobs, even the lumbridge chef requesting a cake be made for possibly the millionth time, were going about their day as usual. Paradoxes being created or broken by many events within the aforementioned quests, and these heroes resolving the conflicts to repair time and space as it should be.
Until one odd day a gray haze enveloped the land, blue sparks arcing inside of the haze incapacitating anyone that got too close or engulfed by the haze. It spread across the world and even across space itself take a chunk of not only the planet and its moon but as well as space, almost as if some other worldly entity taken that chunk of universe.
It wasn't long till the first native resident awoke. Gielinor looked as it should be, even the goblins were back in the little park across the river of Lumbridge, but everything felt wrong, it felt different. It didn't take long for every one to awaken, questions were being asked, what happened? What is with this new feeling and more importantly, where did all the heroes go? That one question scared everyone the most, they had realized every single hero that had helped him both old and new had completely dissapeared. It also didn't take long for others to realize their laws of physics have changed.
The Melee tutor Harlan had gone across river to slaughter the occasional goblin, give them a reminder to stay away, and as usual he slew one. Though what bothered him was the fact that when he attacked his blade bit into its flesh, killing it instantly in one hit. Walking back to lumbridge he kept an eye on the area and saw that the goblin's corpse stayed there. It didn't magically respawn, it stayed dead and the population number stayed as it was with one goblin missing. Their rules and mechanics of life had drastically changed, many gathered and began to come up with possible theories as to what happened, till the wise old man showed up. He explained to them that their universe was pulled through a dimensional rift, taken by force to the universe of where their heroes were originally from. This calmed the people at first but the old man rained on their parade, "you cannot summon these heroes for in this universe they are of a different form, their avatars reside within ours but here they are mortal and....well they're weak. Chances are they would have problems holding a sword." So he suggested instead summoning other heroes from another universe for the link to their own was cut. All the most powerful wizards gathered at Lumbridge where the heroes of their universe magically appear for the first time, and began incanting to summon new heroes to complete their quests and possibly save their world.

Will you be one of those heroes? Will you be up to the task of being one of the summoned to save Gielinor and it's people?

Hey guys! So this is my first group roleplay and my first interest check for it. It's a runescape rp that only borrows the lore and world and I tried to have it make as much sense as possible without distorting it too much. It still needs a bit of fleshing out but I would like to do this rp. So what do y'all think? Ya wanna join?

Ooh, sounds interesting! It's certainly different. Couple questions, though...

1) How in-depth are you going with the lore and stuff? Are you just using the world as a setting and maybe using a few basic elements, or should players have a strong grasp of all the details and such of the quests and lore? Will the characters know anything of the lore?
2) Are you wanting to do this here on RPN or in RS itself, or both? I was assuming you meant here, but I wanted to check.
3) What sort of expectations do you plan on having for your players? Do you want it to be super involved, more laid-back and chill?

Ooh, sounds interesting! It's certainly different. Couple questions, though...

1) How in-depth are you going with the lore and stuff? Are you just using the world as a setting and maybe using a few basic elements, or should players have a strong grasp of all the details and such of the quests and lore? Will the characters know anything of the lore?
2) Are you wanting to do this here on RPN or in RS itself, or both? I was assuming you meant here, but I wanted to check.
3) What sort of expectations do you plan on having for your players? Do you want it to be super involved, more laid-back and chill?
I plan on heavily using the lore as a basis, as for quests I'm gonna be picking and choosing the order to be done, which isn't easy let me tell you but I've got an idea so far
I'm doing this here on RPN
As for expectations? Well a good sizable post for one, for the person to post at least once or twice a week, a paragraph works with me, and of bbcode is going to be involved then it has to be able to be seen on mobile

Edit: and the characters in question will know nothing of the lore, they are new to the rinescape universe having been pulled out of their own for help. Meaning a you can't actually use your timescale character as your character, the point i wAs trying to get across is that you have to use a different character or avatar from a differing medieval styled game or art. Like for example you wanna use your darksouls character (has to be a serious character not one of those purposely made funny looking characters) then that's fine, just no ultra weapons, I will be strict on the gear your characters can use. I for example will actually be using my warden from for honor, and maybe one more character as well.

Last edited:
I plan on heavily using the lore as a basis, as for quests I'm gonna be picking and choosing the order to be done, which isn't easy let me tell you but I've got an idea so far
I'm doing this here on RPN
As for expectations? Well a good sizable post for one, for the person to post at least once or twice a week, a paragraph works with me, and of bbcode is going to be involved then it has to be able to be seen on mobile

Okay, thanks! I remember very little of the lore, unfortunately, but I'll keep this in mind to take a look at some point. If I do decide to join y'all, I may try to find my old log-in information and wander around in-game for a while to try to refresh my memory.

Okay, thanks! I remember very little of the lore, unfortunately, but I'll keep this in mind to take a look at some point. If I do decide to join y'all, I may try to find my old log-in information and wander around in-game for a while to try to refresh my memory.
I added a bit more to my post ^^" you may want to look at it

Ahh, I see... So that would kinda have the characters learning about the world as they explore it?
Yes, meaning the players hemselves don't have to be familiar with the lore, though if they have questions I'll be happy to answer, as well as a co-gm once I get one

I guess, Puddin'. I'm failing to grasp the concept of this RP however.
So the concept is, it's the same old runescape, but without the runescape players and without the game mechanics. It's more realistic and the new heroes are heros they're summoning from other universes but their own. As I said you can use another video game medieval character or art, I'm going with my warden from the game for honor.
The point is it's basically runescape in rp style, same quests, same NPC's more story based now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back