• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Rose And A Thorn (Shadow x Amy)

Amy sighed. She did feel safe with Shadow. She did. It was just all in her head when she started feeling like even he would hurt her, so why couldn't she stamp on those fears and throw them away? She nuzzled into his chest fur slowly, one hand on his broad shoulder.

Shadow sighed softly and rubbed her cheek softly still, smiling as he did so. "You're tense......do you want have something to eat?" He asked quietly, "Please.....so you can recover..."

"Please," she replied softly, "I haven't eaten all day... I've been busy..." Yeah, busy getting poked and prodded all over by those doctors...

"A pizza then? I haven't had this pepperoni one in the makeshift kitchen I've got...but it'll work because there's an oven in it." Shadow explained then moved Amy off him reluctantly and got up from the couch before heading out to the kitchen.

Amy could cook just fine really, but right now she felt trapped between frozen and burning up. She just wanted something simple, and pizza sounded nice. She waited for Shadow to return, not saying anything.

Shadow went into the small fridge he had and pulled out the pizza box then followed the instructions on it. Once he finished setting the oven to the right degree, he put the pizza inside of it then closed the oven door.

Amy couldn't bear it any more. She wrapped her arms around herself, and curled up into a little ball, shivering. After a few minutes, she started to cry again very quietly. She just felt so alone, even with Shadow in the next room.

Shadow looked up and went over to the living room and sat on the couch next to Amy then brought her close to him with an arm around her shoulder. "Shhh....lean against me...." He whispered.

"It hurts to feel," Amy told him, as she had done before, "It hurts so bad to feel... I've tried, I swear, because you want me to... but I keep on feeling fear, and shame, and loneliness... I feel like I'm just the skin of Amy, wrapped around a hole, and I even want tear off my skin and just be nothing at all..." she was shaking, "I feel empty..."

"And you think I wouldn't be with you just because you felt these? No....I fear too. I'm fearing for you....calm down, Amy. Please....it's okay to fear but...too much can destroy you. I believe I told you this." Shadow said quietly to her, continuing to hold Amy gently.

Amy held onto Shadow desperately tightly, as if he might run away if she let go, pulling herself into his lap and pressing herself to him, "Help me..." she whispered, "I know... I know I shouldn't hurt like this... I want it to stop but I don't know how any more..."

Shadow stroked Amy's pink quills and kissed her forehead. "Then stay with me. Do not worry about other things...just focus on right now." He said to her quietly.

Amy gritted her teeth, her fingers digging into Shadow's back tightly, tangled up between what to feel and what not to feel, "It's just so cold inside..."

"Do you have a good memory that makes you feel warm on the inside? Think about it and keep it repeating." Shadow said quietly.

"I.. I do have one," Amy murmured. She tried to focus on that instead... the memory of her speaking with Shadow on the Ark, convincing him of his true purpose, making him happy. She held onto Shadow as tightly as she held onto the memory.

(Later...)

Shadow held Amy's back as he kissed her forehead softly, this becoming normal for him to do. "And with that.....I'm....all out..." He chuckled softly as he closed his eyes.

The morning after the night before, Shadow woke because of two things - mostly because the fact that in the single bed in his room meant he could feel Amy twitching and her fingers digging right into him. When he looked at her, there were tears running down her cheeks, even though she was asleep.

Shadow flinched a little and watched Amy then shook her slowly. "Miss rose.....wake up." He said quietly then tapped her forehead.

She didn't wake straight away, shaking her head and and holding on tighter to Shadow, muttering words he couldn't hear, and probably wouldn't want to know if he could. It hardly took a genius to know what she was 'dreaming' about.

"Please... please..." Amy struggled for a few more seconds, before her eyes opened, and she looked at - no, through Shadow. She gasped, flinching away from him for a second, before realising who he was and where she was, and grabbed him tightly, hiding her tearful face in his furry chest, "Shadow... Shadow..." she sniffed, "I'm so sorry, I thought... I thought..."

"You thought I was him, didn't you?" Shadow asked, rubbing the back of her head, holding her quills, "It's okay....I'm here..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back