• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Rose And A Thorn (Shadow x Amy)

"If you'd prefer 'Shadow' that's fine," the doctor told him kindly, "But that is your last name on the medical files GUN finally sent us. They've cleared you to leave the hospital now that you can move again, and they'll be providing any further medical care since you are their employee."

He tapped a little flip chart.

"Go easy on those stitches - what's healed outside might not be healed inside. I'd strongly advise against getting into any more fights, even if you're ordered to. You're free to leave though."

Shadow grinned a little and nodded. "Thank you, doctor...I can leave immediately, right?" He asked, tapping Amy's shoulder.

"Pretty much," the doctor agreed.

Amy looked at Shadow, her hands winding together, "Shadow, I don't want to go back to my apartment... it still feels... dirty..."

Amy smiled again. She wasn't sure she wanted to live with Shadow forever just yet. Long enough to get her head around the idea that nobody was going to kick down the door and rape her in her own bed.

"I just need to... need to... rent a new apartment," she admitted, "I'm not sure I can ever sleep in my old apartment again..." her eyelashes drooped.

Shadow blushed as well and he smiled shyly. "Well....no...I don't think we should for all that's happened there." He said quietly, "If I had an Emerald, I could use Chaos Control to get us there fast."

"I'll just hail a taxi," Amy replied.

"Wait, Miss Blossom," the doctor interrupted, "I know that Shadow's the one who's been injured but your behaviour... Ma'am, if you've been sexually assaulted recently, even if you really don't want to report it to the police - and you should - I really do recommend a medical checkup. For internal damage... STDs... any unexpected pregnancies..."

Amy wrapped her arms around herself, "I... I don't want to..."

"I understand, because that will make it official," the doctor tolf her, "But for the good of your health-"

Amy turned her back on both of them, "I don't want to..."

"She doesn't want to do.,...and please doctor, leave Miss Rose alone for the time being. She's still.....in a shock from the injury I took." Shadow said.

"I'd say she's in shock for... another reason," the doctor nodded reluctantly, "This isn't something I can force you to do, Miss Blossom, but I strongly reccommend that you get yourself checked out as soon as possible."

"Mmm-hmm," Amy nodded reluctantly. Right now though, she just wanted some sleep. And to forget about the hurt. She dialled for the taxi.

About twenty minutes later, she was helping Shadow into a taxi in front of the hospital. SHe felt like she ought to get checked out but... not with Shadow knowing.

Amy paused, looking at her feet. Then she looked back at the hospital. Then she looked at Shadow again, "I... I've got something to do. I'll see you at your apartment... in a couple of hours..."

Several hours later...

Amy shivered as she climbed out of the taxi. The doctors had been almost as invasive and humiliating as Sonic. They'd taken samples from all over and pictures of bruises and her nether regions and it would be a week before they even had any results, and they had promised her confidentiality but advised her to go to the police, which she still didn't see the point in...

Then she'd gone back to her apartment, just meaning to pick up a pair of pyjamas, and the moment she'd stepped in, she'd broken down in tears again right there for another hour...

But, here she was at Shadow's apartment. She didn't have a key though... so she knocked, wondering if he would hear her.

Shadow woke up in a jolt and sat up, stretching. "Here I come, Amy." He said to the door and stood from his couch and went to the door, opening it. The Ultimate Lifeform smiled down at her weakly but he let her in.

When Amy looked around at Shadow's apartment, she was reminded again of how she had first humiliated herself in front of him like a whore, tossing all her clothes aside and inviting him to do as he wanted. She sniffed, just standing there for a bit, "I just... want things to be normal again," she cast her eyes down, "Even if that meant chasing pointlessly after Sonic, if I didn't have to feel so... cold inside..."

Shadow closed the door and hugged her gently. "I want things to be normal as well....but....how? How can we do it together?" He asked her quietly.

"I don't know... That's the worst part," Amy's voice shook, "Everywhere I look, something reminds me of Sonic, and I don't want to think about him..." she huddled up close to Shadow, "It's as if... every time I see a man, I see Sonic, waiting for me... even when I look at you... I know it doesn't make any sense..."

"Do you want to....sit on the couch and wait while I make something for lunch? Or dinner?" Shadow asked, rubbing his head and chuckling, "Guess I'm still....slightly woozy from that blood loss...I think."

Amy moved to the couch, "I... I shouldn't have said that," she told him, "Now you think I'm sick... or infatuated with him all over again..."

"No, I don't....you should know my mind by now." Shadow sat down next to Amy and moved an arm around her, "I know those two things aren't true. Believe me when I say it."

She nodded. Her confidence had been damaged by Sonic too, but she still pulled up close to Shadow, rubbing gently at the bandages on his side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back