• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Rose And A Thorn (Shadow x Amy)

Shadow takes Amy out for an unexpected date...

~~~

The apartment was very, very pink, with occasional highlights of white and red. It had a pink couch, and pink carpet, and pink wallpaper, just for a start. Pink curtains. And Amy Rose Blossom was just completing the application of her makeup, now wearing a floor-length, sparkly red dress that she'd bought especially for the occasion.

It had been her 18th birthday last week, and everybody invited had come to the party. But now it was time for something far more special - a one-on-one date with her hero, Sonic the Hedgehog. He had promised to take her out to a really lovely, high-class restaurant, just the two of them. It would be their first real date that didn't involve one of them being captured! She giggled and hugged herself, spinning around a little in brand-new four-inch heels.

Even as she was applying her mascara, there was a knock at the door.

“It's me, uhm, uh, Sonic,” though the baritone suggested otherwise.

“Oooh! Sonic!” Amy giggled, “Just a minute!” Of course, it was always a good idea to make boys wait… she stretched it out about five minutes, checking her hair and makeup and straightening her clothes before she answered the door, and then flung it open to show herself in all her pink and red and white glory. It was all for Sonic.

But it was Shadow who saw it.

“Sonic! It’s just so lovely to see- SHADOW?!”

If Sonic had thought that Amy would still mistake Shadow for Sonic after all these years, he was wrong. Amy was 18 now, not a ditzy little fangirl of 12. She just stood there for a few seconds, staring at the dark hedgehog.

“Oh, hey Shadow. You… you kind of came at a bad time. Because I… I’m meeting Sonic. I mean, he’s coming here, we’re meant to be going on a date right now…” she slowed to a halt, looking at the rented tux he was wearing and the flowers and the chocolates he carried. And then she leant out of the door, and looked both ways down the hall. There was nobody else in sight, “This is a joke, right?”

"S-Sonic forced me to do this. He chickened out, surprisingly and....I was obliged to do this date with you.....if that's fine with you." Shadow said, "And no....this is no joke. I hardly joke and you know that."

(Should I have my OC come in later?)

"Shadow..." Amy sagged. She wasn't sure whether to reach for her hammer, or start crying. Of course it was way too perfect to believe that Sonic would actually show up at a date he'd planned. Of course if she cried, she'd spoil the makeup she'd spent ages putting on.

To be honest, it was almost funny to see how awkward Shadow was right now. She couldn't really be cross at him.

"Well... since you came all this way and Sonic's not coming..." she stepped out of her apartment, giving him a little smile to try and get him to loosen up, "I suppose there's no reason not to. Do you... have anything planned?" she asked hopefully.

"I thought of just having a wonderful night with you would be enough but we could go out to eat." Shadow responded, "I've...already got transportation ready for us to get going." He thought it was foolish for Sonic to not go with the girl he liked but if he started getting jealous, that was on him.

"That sounds nice," Amy sighed, still disappointed that Shadow wasn't Sonic. But she couldn't think of why she should be surprised, "You look smart in the suit," she added, walking next to him as they left her apartment block, "Where are we going to eat?"

"I was hoping we could go to that new restaurant that just opened up. I've been meaning to try it with someone else but.....Rouge never agreed. I'm not saying I liked Rouge but she was cool to hang out with." Shadow responded, "I forgot what the name was but it was related to Eggman, I think."

"Oh, do you mean the Golden Egg?" Amy asked, "It is new. And expensive. Don't worry about Rouge. Is Sonic paying?" she asked with a small smile.

"Ah....I'm...actually paying for us." Shadow responded, smiling nervously back at Amy, rubbing the back of his head while still holding the flowers.

"You? Really?" Amy's eyes widened, "You're doing this... just because he asked?" That was definitely a surprise. She accepted the flowers from him and breathed in the scent, "I suppose Sonic told you that he owes you a win, right?" she asked.

"Nope. He didn't tell me anything that would benefit me afterward." Shadow responded the pointed to the Limo that was parked outside of the apartment complex

"This is... all for me? From you?" Amy stared at the limo, then approached it, "Seriously?" She knew Shadow earned good money by working for GUN, but she certainly hadn't expected him to spend it on her, "Shadow, you... you really shouldn't have!"

"T-The best for a beautiful lady such as yourself." Shadow responded and smiled at Amy again, becoming a little more confident as he opened the door for her.

Amy blushed at the compliment, but she couldn't help but smile at the way Shadow was so embarrassed to compliment her. She wondered if he'd somehow been hiding these words before, the other times they met. Which was a silly thing to think; it was Shadow after all.

She lifted her long dress a little to climb into the limo, "I'm glad you think I'm worth it," she replied.

Shadow climbed into the limo after Amy and sat down next to her. "You know.....I have a feeling that dating you might be a great thing." He said to her, "You are an amazing girl."

"You... you think I'm amazing?" Amy asked, deeply surprised, "Sonic always... Sonic never really said... Everybody seems to think of me as that girl who chases Sonic. I suppose I've nobody but myself to blame for that."

"Well....if it were possible.....Sonic might've wanted to tell you but...he never attempted to. That's what he told me." Shadow responded, "I don't know his real reasoning."

"I...do...maybe I'm just nervous to tell it or I just didn't want to tell you." Shadow responded and turned to her, "I'm nervous about other things too...but one I'm not: Eggman."

"Ah. Eggman," Amy nodded as the limo continued its journey, "Well, I never thought you were scared of him. But I never thought you were afraid of anything, really. What are you scared of? You know, if you don't mind me asking..."

"Infinite won't come back. The Phantom Ruby has been destroyed," Amy tried to reassure him, "And nobody wants to lose the people they care about. Worrying about that is what makes you a real person, with emotions. I know I don't want to be lost!"

"I know that the Phantom is gone but.....there's still a possibility of having something like that appearing again." Shadow responded and sighed, "I don't want to lose you either."

"Me?" Amy reeled, "Shadow..." She'd been expecting a date with Sonic, and then Sonic hadn't shown, but Shadow had replaced him, and now he was telling her this on their way to the restaurant, just blurting it out? "Shadow, are you... is there something bothering you?"

Amy smiled again, even as the limo pulled up to the restaurant, "Thanks for taking me out then. I guess you didn't have to. Most people would do just about anything for Sonic." She was one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back