• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Realm of Storms, or How it Came To You

TheIronWolf

Gibbe Headpats
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
It was the Eightieth Cycle of the Fortieth Wave on the 106th Day, when the Majar of Vaehaimelo all congregated together for the one and only Majar'Sa of the year. The discussions were the same as always, the Iah requesting access to surface deposits, the Vei demanding more Lowland for their livestock, the Pahoy desired tools from the Fan, and the Fan desired the magic of the Iah. The Sey sat quietly within the center of the discussions and mediated when tensions were high, hoping that their influence would provide them with greater harvest tribute from the other Majar. Last were the Luya, who asked for nothing, for their desires were fulfilled already by their access to the Lowlands. The meeting of Anyen and the 'Sa of each Majar was always a time filled with arguments and agreements, as it was the best time to air grievances before the entirety of the Ftero rather than dealing with each Majar individually.

It was on this day of meetings that a great decision was thrust upon the Ftero attending, as the time had come for the realm beyond Vaehaimelo and beyond the Fayaaman'Sa to be explored. A Vaellun was necessary for navigating the stars, and even greater for navigating The Void itself so that great distances might become small. Each Majar put forward their candidates, but none were so great as the Vei Majar who put forward their greatest Vaellun: Vael'Nano'Vei. Her talons clicked as she stepped across the polished stone floors of the Majar'Sa and centered herself within the sight of each of the Anyen attending. It was then that her case was made: The Vei were talented Weavers, those who could grasp the Threads themselves and through Resonance bring them together. Nano'Vei was talented at weaving textile, sinew, bone and flesh, but her greatest gift came from her caste as Vaellun. The Void had chosen her with great foresight, and greater still the gift of Communion that she might reach out and grasp the Threads of Fate itself to acknowledge or change the probability of the future.

Nano'Vei was average for a Fteran woman, standing at a noble 5'1". Her down-feathers were as blue as the sky like those of most Vei but cream tinged the tips of each feather and her eyes shone like violet opals, a sign that she was a chosen Daughter of the Void. Her clothes were simple, and traditional, but she had been raised her entire life for this role, Twenty Five Cycles had passed since she had been hatched, and Twenty Years since she was called Vaellun. At the order of the 'Sa of each Majar, Nano'Vei reached her hands into the Void and pulled at the Threads of Fate to prove her gift for all to see, that she might be chosen as an Alaven'Sa.

It was only then that the Ftero found that the Threads of Fate were not so easily moved. Small things, surely could be changed, but the fate of a species was impossible to change by one great Weaver alone. No, a great wave of change would rumble across all of Vaehaimelo, and a unique pathway of Fate would suddenly be ventured upon.

Hello everyone! I hope that my lil' intro wasn't too much to read, even though a lot of the terms are intentionally alien and a mystery to you as the reader, aha.

I'm Iron Wolf, or Host as many of my friends know me. I'm 24 years old and have just recently graduated from University! That means I have a lot more free time than I did before, and I'm currently in the market for some new roleplay partners! I've been roleplaying for about a decade by now, and I write exclusively in third-person past tense and would request the same from my partner! My hobbies include roleplaying, playing video games, listening to music, and attempting to play one of my MANY instruments that I've collected over the years. I don't tend to immerse myself too much in fandoms, but there's certainly a few media universes I know a bit about! I DM for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition in my free time and have been looking towards making a move to Pathfinder 2e.

With my short introduction out of the way, I'll expand a bit on what I'm looking for and explain a little about that introductory post!

Partner Interests:

• At least 20 Years Old, I'm a little iffy about roleplaying with people out of my general age bracket, or at least folks who are much younger than me. If you're older then there's no problem! The lowest I'll go is 18, but even then that feels a little young to me, haha.
  • Third Person Past-Tense Writing Style, I write in third person and in past tense! I also tend to reply with at least 3 paragraphs to my posts bare minimum, but have certainly been known to get upwards to 12 in posts I'm ESPECIALLY inspired for.
  • Casual Replies, Casual Conversation, I'm looking to have a roleplay we can both find fun in our own time! I may have a lot of free time, now, but I have a lot of other hobbies and friends I like to spend time with. I can't promise a reply every single day, but I can promise at least two a week. On days when I'm really fired up, though, I can totally reply several times in one day! Additionally, I like to be able to chat with my partners OOC. I'm not looking for us to become best friends, but I like to get to know the people I'm writing with, plan stories, share hobbies, that sorta thing!
  • Literacy, I'm not the best writer myself, but I would prefer my roleplay partners to be fluent in English since that's the language we'll be writing in. That being said, your English doesn't have to be perfect! I don't midn typsos and I'm not gonna judge yer grammar or syntax. I just want something that I can easily read that won't break the flow! Obviously, I make plenty of mistakes myself and have picked up a lot of bad writing habits (I use too many ellipses, sometimes my brain thinks of a word and my hands type something that sounds similar, and sometimes I write my roleplays like I write my essays... which I write in a somewhat old fashioned way).
Roleplay Interests:

• A Fun Story, I'm not looking to write the next best seller. I just want to write something that both myself and my partner will find fun! That means it can be corny or cheesy, it can be slice of life, or it can be an action adventure. What I'm ultimately looking for is a good time and a story that makes sense. With that being said, tropes like Deus Ex Machina and the sort can take me out of writing! I'd like for our characters to figure things out ourselves and struggle in the world they live in without being perfect. Flaws make the world fun.
  • Fantasy and Space Magic, I like fantastical stories, and while I think reality can be a useful grounding tether I don't believe our writing should be restrained by it. Magic can just exist, things can just happen! But I still like for there to be SOME reasoning and method behind it.
  • Long-Term, I am looking for a partner I can write with for a while. How long is a while? As long as we're both interested in continuing to write. I don't expect us to stay writing partners forever, and I tend to take things one day at a time.
The Roleplay Itself:

I intentionally left the story entirely vague in my introductory post mostly because it hasn't been written yet! I like to collaborate with my roleplay partners in making something that suits both of us, so I only wanted to lay the framework for the ideas, themes, and the sort of character I'll be playing! The change in fate alluded to at the end of the post is the most important part, I think! The way I see it, one of two things could happen: Your character(s) would be suddenly transported to Vaehaimelo, the planet that the Fteran people live on and our story would take place from there. Alternatively, Vael'Nano'Vei will suddenly be transported herself into whatever realm your character(s) inhabit(s), which would take a lot off strain off of both of us as you don't have to learn my lore and I don't have to finish writing all of it! There's the third option, of course, where both sets could get transported somewhere new, or the wildcard: we just do something else!

And just in case you may be concerned (or excited?) the Ftero are not furries. They're an alien species that have SOME similar appearances to humans as they're an avian-mammalian hybrid species. They have talons, and hands. They have feathers, but also bare skin. Their head is similar to a human's with a human face and similar proportions, but their eyes are certainly different! The most distinct differences they have from humans are their talons that start at their knees, the fact their arms can turn into wings, their feathers which coat some of their body but not all, and the fact they have no ears! They use two large feathers on the back of their head as sensory organs. They'll pop up if you surprise them or excite them like a cockatiel!

I hope to hear back from any interested parties! ^^ Please comment under this post, or send me a PM so we can hash out some details!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back