• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A pretty general search thread! (modern/fantasy/fandom pairings, partners w/ ideas welcome!)

DaffodilsAndDragons

you are the one true king
Hi everyone, I've decided to post a new search thread (posted a Doctor Who one not long ago and haven't found as many partners as I would've liked) as I'm craving more than just one type of RP at the moment. PLEASE take the time to read through my expectations, I'd really appreciate it.

It's important to put up here that I'm GMT timezone (I live in the UK) and most of my ideas are centred around British settings, but this can still be discussed and modified.

What to expect from me:

• Firstly, I'm 19 year old university student that is fairly busy with uni work (studying History and Politics). Therefore, I will only be active certain times in a day and will not be able to post daily. However, I strive to give a partner at least two-three posts a week.
  • I have been roleplaying for around 6 years now. I started off as many do, on small websites doing about three lines per post. With time, my standards for RP have grown in terms of both quality and quantity. As such, you should always expect at least a two paragraph (made up of around 6-8 lines each) response from me - it will very likely be longer. I will not give you something overly detailed and fluffy though.
  • Excitement! I do get enthusiastic over roleplays and with that, comes a desire to talk OOC with my partner. Not just about the RP of course, but about life in general and to get to know them. I have made many an internet friend through RP!
  • I will play both female and male characters quite happily. I will not play any non-binary characters or transgendered characters simply because I have no experience whatsoever with them. However, I'm not against RPing alongside them if a partner wished to play one.
  • In terms of pairings, I'm most experienced with MxF, however, I am more than comfortable with FxF too. MxM is something I rarely RP, but if you're desperate I will give it a go. I definitely prefer more mature roleplays with some darker themes - I don't have any triggers.
  • I love to have multiple characters in a roleplay, doubling is well up my street. My characters will more than often be well thought out and have at least a semi-detailed character sheet too. I don't usually have a picture for my characters, but if you really want a picture one, I can find one.
  • I can get easily stressed when I take on too much, both online and offline - if I make any random disappearances please send me a PM or two to ask me where I am. I won't leave you hanging, but if I don't feel I can continue an RP I will definitely let you know in the nicest way possible.
What I expect from you:
  • A partner's age is a bit tricky for me, as I've always thought I could keep up with older RPers in terms of my writing since age 15 or so. So, provisionally, I'm going to say you have to be at least 15 to engage in an RP with me! There is no maximum age.
  • I would greatly appreciate it if your spelling and grammar are up to a high standard. I can let little mistakes slide because I make them as well, but nothing is worse than seeing constant errors. I would also appreciate your posts to be at least two paragraphs (made up of 6-8 lines) or more!
  • Please talk to me OOC! In my eyes, lack of communication kills an RP, so chit-chat is very much expected. Also, just a brief warning. If I find myself doing most of the plotting and throwing out most of the ideas, I will call you out for it. I can't stand having to build a whole RP on my own, so please get involved.
  • I try to avoid people who say they can only play one gender and one pairing, so please attempt to have an open mind! If you can double and/or play multiple characters, that's a huge bonus for me.
  • Please have at least a semi-detailed CS, it makes life a lot easier. I can provide you a template if need be. Also, I would prefer if you used a real face-claim or a realistic drawing for a character photo, I do not accept anime pictures.
  • Inform me of any disappearances in advance! I'm not a fan of waiting around for a response (hypocrite, I know) so don't leave me hanging. I would appreciate if you could meet a requirement of at least two posts a week!
Please feel free to discuss any other possible pairings with me, I might be open to ones that aren't listed here!

Key:

bold role preferred

✓ plot idea

✌ doubling available

⚤ available for MxF

⚢ available for FxF

☆ craving
  • Student x Teacher ✓ ✌ ⚤ ⚢ ☆☆☆
  • Student x University Professor ✌ ⚤ ⚢ ☆☆☆
  • Young single parent x Older divorcee ✓ ⚤ ⚢ ☆☆
  • OC Celebrity x Fan ✌ ⚤ ⚢ ☆☆☆
  • Superhero x Superhero ✌ ⚤ ⚢
  • Superhero x Normal Person ✌ ⚤ ⚢
by fantasy setting I mean a LoTR-type world with kingdoms and where mythical creatures exist etc.
  • Beast* x Town/Villager ✓⚤ ☆☆☆
  • Adventurer x Adventurer ✌ ⚤ ⚢ ☆
  • Imprisoned royal x A soldier/guard of opposing Kingdom ✌ ⚤ ⚣
  • Rouge elf x human ✌ ⚤
  • Royal x Peasant ✌ ⚤ ⚢
*some sort of canine looking thing a hybrid of sorts that could stand on two legs would be cool - perhaps someone who has been cursed similar to Beauty and the Beast - possibility for human transformation somewhere down the line
  • [CLOSED] Time traveller x 2017 human ✓ ✌ ⚤ ⚢ ☆
  • Apocalypse survivor x apocalypse survivor ✓ ✌ ⚤ ⚢ ☆
Doctor Who (I have a thread here with quite a few pairings) ☆☆☆

Torchwood
I can play: Jack, Ianto, Owen, Gwen, Tosh, OC
  • Jack x Ianto (only MxM pairing on here!)
  • Canon x OC ✌ (needs to be discussed)
  • OC x OC (complete OC cast, many many characters required! worth the challenge?) ☆☆
Downton Abbey
I can play: almost all canon, OC
  • Anna x Bates ✌
  • OC x OC (complete OC cast, many many characters required! worth the challenge?) ☆☆
Harry Potter
I can play: OC
  • OC Student x OC Student ✌ ⚤ ⚢
  • OC Student (sixth year +) x OC Teacher ✌ ⚤ ⚢ ☆
Pokémon
I can play: OC
  • Trainer x Trainer ✌ ⚤ ⚢
  • Professor x Assistant ✌ ⚤ ⚢ ☆
  • Trainer x Gym Leader ✌ ⚤
FEEL FREE TO POST HERE OR PM ME :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread