• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Place In Another Time (time travel, sapphic romance)

Wendji99

June 14th.

God, Jamie Monroe hated the heat. As early into the season as it was, it was already miserably hot. She’d been remarkably ‘lucky’ enough to be taking an extended vacation in upstate New York just before an early heat wave hit. 102 degrees Fahrenheit, not exactly something the former Seattle resident was built for.

She supposed nothing could be perfect. After she’d finally gone insane and quit her stressful journalism job (with a boss who would’ve paid his employees in triscuits if he could), Jamie moved back to live with her parents in their home they’d bought after she went off to University. It was mortifying, but she had to swallow her pride while she looked for a better job and more stability.

It was at least a blissful relief to just relax and not have to deal with all the bullshit back home. Aside from the mental detox she got from not having to be connected to the internet and the 24/7 news cycle every day, there were other benefits.

She slept in, didn’t talk to anyone, and did only the occasional freelance job. This was one of those freelance jobs in question and it required her to be out today when she would much rather not slowly die of heatstroke.

The 24 year old woman sat on a cliff that overlooked the construction of the soon-to-be new Hallowtree Hotel. Fifty years and some change after the original had been torn down. It sat in front of a gorgeous lake and was surrounded by lovely greenery and other natural scenery, she had no idea why this place had just been straight up abandoned since then.

The building itself looked about three fourths of the way finished, but the area surrounding it still had to be dealt with, so to speak. It looked like a mansion in the middle of a wild, untamed jungle.

She’d heard various theories from locals. None of them sounded particularly sane, though the more reserved people simply stated that they’d heard about strange things happening in this area since they were a kid. Weird, inexplicable stories.

Jamie took some pictures and then made her way uneasily down the hill to have an interview with Dylan Baxter, the man who would soon be in charge of managing the resort hotel.

The redhead was thankful that she had her glasses, otherwise she probably would’ve gotten poked in the eye several times by the wild branches and other things on the ground level. God, she really wished she’d not bothered with the overhead pictures and just gone straight down the clear path to the hotel.

Okay, this was weird. The greenery was far higher and thicker than she remembered. She was starting to get a little freaked out and was definitely lost at this point.

Soon, she started to hear the distant sounds of people. A lot of people. But nowhere near were the sounds of construction or men at work. Okay, she was super lost. She just followed the sounds, which slowly grew from distant and vague to crisp and clear as Jamie could hear the sounds of talking and laughing and cries of joy.

“Eek, blagh!” The bespectacled young woman embarrassingly blurted out as she suddenly tripped out of the shrubbery.

“Say, are you okay, miss?” A young man said. Jamie felt his hand lift her up before she could say a word, she just blushed and dusted herself off as she looked around.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just uh, got lost…Okay, where the hell did I end up?” She said. They were still by the lake, but it was clearly different from where she was headed. Wait.

Was this a different hotel? That didn’t make much sense. Had she been walking so long that she’d ended up at a different lake and a different hotel? Not exactly likely.

“Hah…Um, is that a joke, lady?” The guy asked.

“No, actually. I’m kind of embarrassed, I was trying to find the Hallowtree Hotel.” She said. Okay, the guy was giving her a seriously weird look.

“Yeah, sure…” He just chuckled disbelievingly and walked off. Um, alright? Jamie was starting to get a really weird feeling. As in she had a very strong idea of what was going on and would’ve believed it if it wasn’t a completely bonkers batshit insane idea.

Maybe she fell off while climbing down the cliff and hit her head. Naw, nothing was ever that simple for her. She honestly would’ve preferred that.

The massive building loomed over, somewhat different and more retro in design but unmistakably similar to the building she’d seen being built before her.

And she really wished that she’d just been imagining that everyone there looked like they were straight out of an old postcard, but no such luck.

“…Fuck me.” She slammed her hand to her face. She was already starting to have a headache.

—————————

So this is the basic starter for my idea! Essentially, an overworked and stressed out young woman who just quit her job finds herself suddenly back in 1953 when she goes to check out the rebuild of an old hotel resort in upstate New York.

I would LOVE for this to be a sapphic romance RP with hints of slice of life, and we can come up with so many more ideas together to spice things up!

Who’s your character? I have several ideas, but feel free to pitch your own! She could be the daughter of the Hotel Manager, just a rich guest there with her family, someone who’s there because of their job, someone who works there, all kinds of stuff!

I think there’s so many neat ideas we could do with this. What if Jamie can actually leave when she finds a way out, and can even bring your character a long on short trips to the future? There’s many possibilities.

Anyway, some details about me:

•You can call me Wendji!

•I’m 23

•They/them

•Am open to all pairings!

•I am a detailed multi para writer and expect my writing partners to be the same.

•I have writing samples if you’re interested.

•Interested in fully detailed worlds with us both playing a cast of characters to flesh it out and make the rp feel more alive.

•Love collaboration!

•Love OOC shenanigans.

•In terms of story content I enjoy natural and slow burn romance, angst, some dark themes, slice of life, character development, juicy character interactions, and high concept plots!

•I crave partners who have initiative and can match my enthusiasm, we all know how much it sucks having to come up with everything yourself and your partner just can’t be bothered to contribute anything. I want to gush about the plot and characters with you!

•I am friendly to people with hectic schedules and don’t mind taking breaks! And if you want to end the RP just tell me and I’ll understand.

Please be literate, detailed, and enthusiastic about the RP and collaborating so I don’t feel like I’m coming up with everything. Thanks! Please DM, I’d love to see your responses.

Last edited:
Hello! I'm very interested in doing something based in the Persona series :0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back