• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings A phoenix's partner search!

Lumina

b i r b m o m
TEMPORARILY CLOSED - Y’all are wonderful, but I only have so much time on my hands with being in college and working and stuff. I’ll bump it up again when it’s open!

Hello, I'm Lumina, an rp-loving little phoenix, thanks for stopping by!

I made a post about wanting to do a Legend of Zelda RP here, but I realize that I like RPing other things as well! I don't want to limit myself from all you wonderful RPers out there, so here's a more expanded and inclusive list of things that I'd love to roleplay. SIDE NOTE: when it comes to fandoms, i do love all of them that I've listed but I think I'd prefer plotting and creating stories within the settings of the fandoms rather than follow their stories exactly.

So I probably should talk about myself first and my rules, so that you have an idea of what you might be getting into, and then can decide if I might be your cup of tea:
  • I'm 22, turning 23 in May (woo!). I'm in college for Digital Animation and Game Design with a focus on 2D art and illustration, and I'm trying to finish my degree so that I can graduate in May. Meaning that my schedule is wonky, both from classwork and having a job. Because of this, I'm understanding when people also have a little bit of an inconsistent schedule. My time zone is EST. I'll try my best to let you know if I might have to disappear, I don't want to leave you hanging and make you think I've abandoned you.
  • I can roleplay anywhere from 1-5+ paragraphs. The length depends on my partner and what's happening in the story, and also how much creativity I have at any given moment.
  • I roleplay in either PMs or threads, but I'm open to communicating over PMs or Discord.
  • I roleplay in 3rd person, past tense. I can't bring myself to do 1st person, sorry.
  • I am female, and (surprise!) usually prefer female characters, though I don't mind playing males if I have to. I'm totally fine with doubling so that we can both play both genders. (Actually, that would be super cool, more characters = more world to interact with.)
  • I adore playing OC characters, since it challenges me to build a character and fit them into a world. I don't always trust my ability to take a canon character and not muck it up. Though, I won't shy away from playing a canon character if we can do a bit of planning ahead/if I can have a bit of wiggle room with the character, just in case.
  • I'm fine with any kind of pairing. FxM, FxF, MxM, I love them all!
  • I'm a sucker for building plots and worlds and stories, so I suppose that makes me a detailed roleplayer? I've been an avid roleplayer on RPNation since 2014 and I've dabbled in LARPing and such since at least 2012. I like to believe I know how to make a character come to life.
  • Romance isn't necessarily required, but I do love it oh so much. If there is romance, I do want it to develop naturally between characters. Or else it doesn't really make sense, yanno?
  • I'm gonna use anime face claims for my characters, just be aware in case that isn't your thing.
Some things I expect from you!
  • Please don't just give me one-liners, I need something to work with for my posts. Like, at least a 5+ sentence paragraph? At least?
  • It should go without saying, but please use proper grammar, as I'll do the same.
  • Please be respectful, and I'll do the same. That should also go without saying.
  • Please be at least 18. 21+ is even better.
  • If we're gonna make this work, I don't want to have to do all the work. I want there to be equal work put in between us into making it work. Also I love messing with canon stories and building our own, so if you have some cool ideas, please let me know and let's make it work!
  • Talk to me! Communication is key to a good RP partnership. I don't bite!
  • Please don't god-mod. That's no fun for anyone.
  • As I said, I'm in college with a wonky schedule. Please be patient with me if life gets in the way, and I'll return the favor. If you're going to disappear for a little while or are planning on dropping our RP entirely, just let me know.
  • PLEASE abide by the rules of the site. Fade to Blacks, no harassment, all that good, respectful stuff.
In case you're not convinced already, here's an example of my writing and an example of my ability to make a CS.

dPkbGg4.gif

Lyanna Phoseroth

Lyanna hadn't felt an urgency to move like this in a long time. It was hard to get motivated like this nowadays, what with all the tensions risings between the Phoenix nobles and the depression of her daughter's prolonged absence really taking it's toll. But now... it seemed like there was the possibility that her daughter had actually returned home. The notion seemed improbable, maybe even impossible, but there wouldn't be any reason for there to be such a commotion happening otherwise, right? That wasn't to say that nothing ever happened here, it would be a lie to say otherwise. But not in that part of the home. On her own orders it was to be closed off for public use. She didn't want her daughters room or anything in that part of the house disturbed in the off chance that Luminaire would return home, though she doubted it would ever happen. The phoenix found herself almost rushing down the hallway toward her husband's study, praying that he would be in there so she could talk to him. She hadn't seen him since breakfast this morning, so she wasn't totally aware of where exactly he was, so if he wasn't in his study she'd have to ask one of the servants about his whereabouts.

With all the tensions that had been rising lately, she didn't get to spend much personal time with Caelum. There was always events to be attended, matters to be taken care of, letters to other phoenixes to be written. He never seemed to be in the mood to do anything but work, so she couldn't help but feel inadvertently distanced from him. Again, she knew what she was marrying into when she completed her vows, but she was a woman after all, and gods forbid she actually spend some personal time with the man she loved. Though, she could say she probably knew him the best of anybody in either of their lives. She understood the way he thought and acted, so she could understand his motivations behind his decisions. And because of this, she had a general idea on where he might be at this time of day, especially in the midst of a possible commotion like what she thought was happening. It wasn't a few minutes later before her hunch about him being in his study was proved correct as evidenced by the steel doors of the entrance standing ajar. As she approached the door she could feel the heat from his own signature and the candles that decorated the interior. She stopped just short of the entrance, almost hesitant to go in. She didn't like to disturb him in his study if she didn't need to, and it wasn't royal-like to just barge into a room all disheveled. Taking a moment to calm herself down, despite how anxious she was growing to be, Lyanna stepped into the room, sighting her husband in the exact spot she would have expected to be. It looked like there was something on his mind, and he had a scroll opened on the desk in front of him that it looked like he was reading. This wasn't exactly a new occurrence, to find him in his study reading, but it was WHAT he was reading that caught her attention as well. It was an old scroll, one which seemed to collect dust more often than not from it's lack of use. So for him to be reading something so old had to mean that something was on his mind. Perhaps it had something to do with their daughter.

"Caelum." Lyanna spoke aloud, trying to catch his attention.

Name: Cressida Alleva

Nickname: Cress

Sex: Female.

Dorm (Raikou, Entei or Suicune): Entei

Appearance:
z520lBT.jpg

Cressida is on the shorter side, coming in at around 5'2". Her soft pink hair falls softly around her face, though it's volume sometimes causes it to have a bit of messy fluff to it. Her kind amber eyes sit behind a set of striking red glasses, a pair which Cressida is rarely seen without. Her frame is thin but not weak, as Cressida likes to spend her side outside more often than not exploring nature.. Even so, she does like cute and comfortable clothes. She has a bit of a baby-face, so sometimes she isn't taken as serious as she'd like to be. Her right hand is wrapped in a bandage to cover a scar that she got when she was 10 years old.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?):
Cressida is a kind girl, always doing what she can to help others. Her parents instilled her with that ideology, so she grew up always wanting to help her mother at her shop and her father with his carpentry. She loves learning and exploring due to her curious nature, though she is a bit on the shier side due to some trauma that happened in her youth. Her partner Leafa is her source of comfort when her emotions go south, and she gets anxious when Leafa isn't around. She has a fascination with Legendary Pokemon and the lore of the pokemon world, and has a dream to travel the world in search for them, especially the Legendary Celebi. Because her health hasn't always been the best, she's very aware of the health around her and others, willing to help out wherever necessary. To those she's close with, she's not nearly as shy, and is actually quite bubbly and outgoing. She spooks easily, and if she's startled too harshly, she freezes and panics, taking a little bit to calm down as long as Leafa is around. She's small, so she can get lost very easily in crowds, though her general sense of direction is actually quite accurate. She's self conscious about the fairly large scar on her hand, so she keeps it covered in bandages. Only her parents, Leafa, and Bugsy have ever seen it, and even then she still keeps it covered. She has no interest in collecting badges. She'd rather travel the world to learn about Legendary Pokemon. It's a secret dream that she has, but has never had the courage to follow through with it, and instead opts to help out her parents with their jobs.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have they been doing before this? Any noteworthy events?):
Cressida grew up in Azalea town, the daughter of a florist (her mother) and a carpenter (her father). She was actually born in Goldenrod where her mother ran a shop and her father was a construction worker, but with her frail constitution came an affinity for getting sick easily in an urban environment, so they moved out to Azalea town to see if the more rural setting would improve her health. Her father was able to use his skills for building and became a woodworker for the town, and her mother was able to continue her shop, both finding no less success in Azalea than in Goldenrod. Azalea Town did wonders for her health, and for the most part she was able to grow up like a normal girl. Her family moved there when she was less than 2 years old, so she grew up with the future bug-type gym leader of the town, Bugsy. He was a kind insect-loving boy who actually helped introduce her to her love for nature, and thus her love for Grass-type pokemon, specifically. It wasn't hard to get her to love grass-type, as both of her parents seemed to prefer the type as well. Her mother's companions were a Bellossom she raised as a kid, and a Lilligant that her cousin had sent her over as a congratulations gift when Cressida was born. Often she would accompany her father into Ilex Forest when he would go to get more wood for his projects, always intrigued by the mystery and the power of the forest. She was a curious kid, and happened upon the Ilex Forest Shrine one day. She didn't quite know exactly what it was, but knew it was something that needed to be protected and taken care of, so every time she would go with her father she'd make a side trip and stop by the shrine, praying in front of it and leaving flowers at it's base. She didn't know if it would do anything of course, but she figured that it was a nice gesture for the shrine of the forest that kept her father in business. It was on one of these trips, when she was 10 years old, that she had heard a sound a bit farther into the forest than she normally went. Curious, she followed it, only to find a Chikorita being attacked by a flock of Noctowl and Hoothoot who had mistaken it for a tasty snack. Without even thinking, she intervened, but not before the most nasty looking of the Noctowl's attacked her back, leaving a really bad gash on her right hand. Even still, Cressida found herself asking if the Chikorita was okay, before falling unconscious from the loss of blood. The next thing she knew, she was waking up at home, with at least 15 stitches in her hand, which meant that she wouldn't be able to do her favorite hobby, gardening. Her parents were worried, and when she asked what happened, they told her: She had passed out from blood loss, and the Chikorita in it's injured state had run for help, finding the first person she could, which just so happened to be her father. She was able to lead him back to Cress before passing out from her own injuries as well. Her father brought the two of them back to the Azalea Town Pokemon center to get treated. Hearing this, Cress asked her father if the Chikorita was alright, and sped down to the center when he said that she was still being treated there. Thankfully, the pokemon had just woken up, and seemed to perk up when Cress approached. Ever since then, the two became inseparable. However, Cressida developed a bit of a shyness, still a little traumatized from the incident with the Noctowl and Hoothoot.

As Cress's hand was still healing, she couldn't tend to the garden that she had next to her mother's shop. It was one that the two had started together when Cress was old enough to hold a spade to dig and plant seeds. Sensing Cress' sadness at this, Chikorita decided she would help out and became her hands until Cress' was healed. This fueled Leafa's, Chikorita's loving nickname from Cress, own love for gardening and helping out Cress's parents with their respective jobs. It was 4 years later, when Cress was 14, that her father finally decided to let Cress to help him acquire wood without him having to supervise. Leafa had finally learned razor leaf and vine whip, and was able to cut down trees and collect the wood to bring it back to her father to do with as he needed. The two headed to Ilex forest, a little deeper in than normal, and found a good tree nearby the Ilex Forest Shrine. The trees were a bit denser and taller here, so the two decided they'd surprise Cress's father with a better tree than normal. However, something went wrong while Leafa was cutting down the tree. Because Ilex Forest was always so dark, it was a bit harder to see, so the moment that Leafa began to send out the Razor Leaf to cut a tree, a flock of Noctowl flew out from in the trees and spooked her, accidentally changing the direction of the Razor Leaf at the last minute. Instead of falling safely away from Cressida, it began to fall toward her. By the time that Leafa noticed, it was too late to try and react. Cressida also realized this too late for it to happen, as she was also slightly spooked by the sudden Noctowl and Hoothoot. All she could do was slowly turn and look at the tree rapidly falling toward her. But instead, Cressida felt a warm feeling surrounding her and then landing on the grass a few feet next to the Ilex Forest Shrine. The tree crashed behind it, taking down a few other trees with it and scaring off other pokemon that had been inhabiting the trees. Confused, Cressida looked around to see what happened and out of the corner of her eye noticed something. It was what she thought looked like a green floating pokemon, who blinked out of existence as soon as she noticed it. Seeing this, Cressida believed she was saved by something, but she didn't know what. Returning home, she asked her father just what the shrine was for, and he informed her that it was a shrine for the Legendary Pokemon Celebi, the guardian of the forest who had the ability to travel through time. To this day, Cressida swears that she was saved by Celebi, and hopes to meet the pokemon again to thank them, or at least find out the truth about what happened. This also caused her to be fascinated with the other Legendary Pokemon of the world, and their lore and the lore of the lands in which they inhabit.

Most recently, at age 15 and Level 7, Cressida and Leafa began to make trips to Hoenn to find new supplies and products for her parents in Azalea Town, all while taking care of her garden at home.

Pokémon:
Species: Chikorita (Female)
250px-152Chikorita.png

Nickname: Leafa

Personality: Leafa is a kind-hearted pokemon, loving nature and gardening just as much as Cressida does. She loves helping out with gardening, getting excited when the crops or flowers finally sprout. Where Cressida is a bit shy, Leafa is a bit more outgoing, making her the perfect compliment to her Trainer's personality. She'd do anything for Cressida, since Cress found her in the forest when she was sick and nursed her back to health. She, like Cressida, loves learning and exploring, especially in areas full of nature. She's definitely Cress' closest friend and companion at the moment.

Lvl (Max Lvl 10): 7

Moves (Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):
  • Tackle
  • Aromatherapy
  • Razor Leaf
  • Nature Power
  • Vine Whip
  • Synthesis

Ability: Overgrow - when Leafa's health is low, the power of her Grass-Type abilities increases by 50%.

Without much further ado, here we go! For a lot of these, I don't really have set ideas on characters or plots, but I would love to brainstorm with you so we can make something work!

Fandoms:

Video Games:
Legend of Zelda
Pokemon
Uncharted
Final Fantasy
Assassins Creed
Overwatch
Tales Series
- Vesperia, Xillia, Zestiria, The Abyss, Symphonia (kinda)
The Elder Scrolls
Harvest Moon

Anime:
Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Sword Art Online
Log Horizon
RWBY
My Hero Academia

Some general stuff I like:

Treasure Hunters
Explorers
Magic-world denizens
Being thrust into a new world
Pirates / Space pirates
Alternate dimensions
Mages and apprentices
Living on the run
Knights and Princesses and royalty
Mystery and intrigue
Runaways/Orphans
Discovering destinies
World-ending threats
Guilds and things
Phoenixes
Dystopian societies

Genres:

Fantasy / High Fantasy
Action Adventure
Romance
Slice of Life (depending)
Drama and Angst

//

If you have any ideas you want to play around with, please please please tell me! I'm super flexible and I love crafting up stories based on cool ideas!

//

Well, thanks for stopping by. If you'd like to roleplay with me, comment here or send me a PM. Include the world "Ezlo" so I know you actually read this! Looking forward to RPing with you!

Last edited:
Ezlo
Hey-llo flamey feathery friend. I spy quite a few things in that list I really enjoy writing, so I'd be interested in building some story with you. I'll send you a few basic outlines for my original story ideas so you can get a feel for my writing style and if it matches your close enough.

Ezlo
Hey-llo flamey feathery friend. I spy quite a few things in that list I really enjoy writing, so I'd be interested in building some story with you. I'll send you a few basic outlines for my original story ideas so you can get a feel for my writing style and if it matches your close enough.
Sure, just send me a message!

Anime-loving little Phoenix with a super-nice cutesy attitude?

confident lollipop Kotori.gif

I'll take it on!

In all seriousness though I would absolute love to RP with you and I most certainly have a few ideas boiling. I would to discuss a potential plot with you (I think I can pull quite a few of those interests. Mixing is one of my specialties ;) ) and/or of course you can also check out my own from my search thread. Regardless I would prefer if possible that you check out my search thread (link is in my signature tell me if you're on phone so I can link it directly) and then PM if you are also interested, perhaps? I say this because while I would love to RP with you, I am yet to know if my specific needs and RPing style are up your alley.

Looking foward to hearing from you, whatever your answer is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back