• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A 'perpetual' court intrigue?

BigHippo8

dem swamps doe
Hi all!

I remember seeing a while back a themed roleplay premised around a royal court. It got me thinking, and I'd like to see if I could grab your interest.

This will be a Roleplay where your character participates in a royal court. He, she, shall have, as an ambition, to be the ruler of the court, the King, Queen. After one does assume the role, suddenly, the plot is focused around him, her: how they administer to what remaining Roleplayers are left. (> :D )

To combat the high rates of abandonment, the Roleplay will be held in seasons. ~Five pages of RP concludes a season, and a short interlude will commence, to see who is still involved. IC, there will also be a time lapse, I'll warn beforehand, to create a palpable circumstance for the occurrence.

The setting will be in Middle Ages France, so cultural awareness and handling is somewhat expected. I'm up for ideas though!

Thanks.

Sounds interesting. Although I would've preferred a more custom setting, as I am too lazy to do researching. But anyways, this is going to be sorta like Game Of Thrones, from what I can tell?

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Sounds interesting. Although I would've preferred a more custom setting, as I am too lazy to do researching. But anyways, this is going to be sorta like Game Of Thrones, from what I can tell?
Hah! Well, I could create a fantasy setting out of touches of French culture here and there. I wasn't exactly sure the specifics of court to ensure immersion in the Roleplay, so there's that for bouncing to RL.

I would say it is kind of like Game of Thrones, except only pertaining to the scenes of intrigue during King's Landing. In short, I'd like to keep it strictly within the royal court, though setting changes, like meeting in bedrooms, etc., can become prevalent.

Before I'll go ahead and create the threads and such, I want to garner a more substantial number of willing RPers (5-6).

Thanks for your interest!

BigHippo8 said:
Hah! Well, I could create a fantasy setting out of touches of French culture here and there. I wasn't exactly sure the specifics of court to ensure immersion in the Roleplay, so there's that for bouncing to RL.
I would say it is kind of like Game of Thrones, except only pertaining to the scenes of intrigue during King's Landing. In short, I'd like to keep it strictly within the royal court, though setting changes, like meeting in bedrooms, etc., can become prevalent.

Before I'll go ahead and create the threads and such, I want to garner a more substantial number of willing RPers (5-6).

Thanks for your interest!
No problem! Thank yo for explaining. I am quite interested.

Necro-ing thread?!

I did really want this to come off the ground, if anybody is yet interested!

I'm fine with a small group! (^.^)

Small group role-plays always do better in my experience anyway.

BigHippo8 said:
Hi all!
I remember seeing a while back a themed roleplay premised around a royal court. It got me thinking, and I'd like to see if I could grab your interest.

This will be a Roleplay where your character participates in a royal court. He, she, shall have, as an ambition, to be the ruler of the court, the King, Queen. After one does assume the role, suddenly, the plot is focused around him, her: how they administer to what remaining Roleplayers are left. (> :D )

To combat the high rates of abandonment, the Roleplay will be held in seasons. ~Five pages of RP concludes a season, and a short interlude will commence, to see who is still involved. IC, there will also be a time lapse, I'll warn beforehand, to create a palpable circumstance for the occurrence.

The setting will be in Middle Ages France, so cultural awareness and handling is somewhat expected. I'm up for ideas though!

Thanks.
noice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back