• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A Night on Murder Island [Open]

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

To my Good Friend,

It is with great delight that I would like to invite you to an evening of fun and fortune on August 17th this coming Saturday. However, this will be no normal outing. I am inviting you, along with several others which you may or not be acquainted with, to my private cottage on Parish Island. I'm holding a celebration for my final taking of many important items in my collection, and wish to hold it in a very special way. Thus, as is my tricky and obviously very clever tendencies, I am making this event one of anonymity to all guests.

You may be wondering what I mean by this. Well, since I've been told I have quite the flair for the dramatic, I'm holding what can only be described as a masquerade ball with the masks or the ball. You will come with an alias, something witty I would hope. Then you dress to impress, and meet my driver by the dock from the mainland around 5:00 PM. I will be having staff with us as well, while we look at my new collectors edition rarities from throughout history, play games, eat well, and have a jolly time while we're at it. I even have a swimming pool and hot tub, for which we can relax in later into the night. I'll also have bedrooms prepared if you wish to stay the night, as to not make you go home dreary and moaning.

Whatever you may think, if you do wish to intend, please RSVP with the address given on the back of this letter, with you answer, alias, and any other information you wish to disclose.

Hoping for Your Arrival,​
Professor Wade Worthins Parish

You read the letter, and put it down on the countertop. Of course it was Parish, who else would've sent a letter hand-delivered in the 21st century? Reading over one more time, you sigh. Maybe you should go and visit him. It's been a while, and maybe its finally time to settle everything that's happened.

You begin searching for some paper and a pen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, and welcome to a Night on Murder Island! I recently re-watched a favorite movie of mine, Clue from the late 80s, and wanted to do a murder mystery-esque story like that. However, unlike many, I wanted to add something new to it.

In this story, you play as an aliased guest invited to the party on Parish Island. However, your guest is an old acquaintance, Wade Parish, a wealthy collector of deadly machinery and weapons since his youth. Except his yearn for these items has left quite a smoking trail across its wake, damaging many peoples reputations and bidders profits. You were affected negatively somehow by Parish's conquest, yet you remain silent about it. Its a big secret, and you would like to keep it that way.

This is the introduction into my cool new idea for a mechanic: the Secret function. In a Murder Mystery (or this one at least), any of the players could die. However, everyone does things that they don't tell others. If you want to do something small or when there's a power outage or something of the like, DM me what you'd like to do, and I'll input it into the story. This way, players RP as their characters in the story, while moving around behind each others backs, while still attempting to stay alive with a crazed killer on the loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back